Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] DraigTeg [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 199655 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Awel [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 50432661 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50432661] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/504327/50432661_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] Wishful Thinking [b]Entry: [/b] If Windsinger were my friend We could fly above the Behemoth, Laughing that all of Sornieth could See us. If Windsinger were my friend We could sing lullabies over the Tangled Wood, Changing any nightmares into Sweet dreams. If Windsinger were my friend We could catch bubbles from the Spiral Keep, Searching for Tidelord among Ephemeral pearls. If Windsinger were my friend We could race around the Twisting Crescendo, Other dragons jealous of Our speed. If Windsinger were my friend I wouldn't have to wait for the council To change me to look like Windsinger. (Note: Awel is only 5 days old, having been hatched the first day of Mistral Jamboree V.)
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: DraigTeg
FR Player ID#: 199655
Dragon Poet's Name: Awel
Dragon Poet's ID#: 50432661
Dragon Poet Image:
50432661_350.png

Entry Category: If Windsinger...
Entry Title: Wishful Thinking

Entry: If Windsinger were my friend
We could fly above the Behemoth,
Laughing that all of Sornieth could
See us.

If Windsinger were my friend
We could sing lullabies over the Tangled Wood,
Changing any nightmares into
Sweet dreams.

We could catch bubbles from the Spiral Keep,
Searching for Tidelord among
Ephemeral pearls.

We could race around the Twisting Crescendo,
Other dragons jealous of
Our speed.

I wouldn't have to wait for the council
To change me to look like
Windsinger.

(Note: Awel is only 5 days old, having been hatched the first day of Mistral Jamboree V.)
bR6NXdJ2_o.pnga snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its rightInk wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.wo7deo1a_o.png
TWO HOURS TILL ROLLOVER KEEP EM COMINGGGGGG!!!! it's super late for me so I also can't update the sheet as of right now BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO STOP! KEEP EM COMING! [emoji=fae star][emoji=coatl love][emoji=fae star][emoji=coatl love]
TWO HOURS TILL ROLLOVER KEEP EM COMINGGGGGG!!!!

it's super late for me so I also can't update the sheet as of right now BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO STOP! KEEP EM COMING!
qVhWRny.png
Onibi set his last poem on the desk. "See you next year," he said softly to the worn-out dragon. "Thanks for all your help." He turned from the desk, and slipped off into the night. He did not go far though... Just somewhere he could watch his friends, old and new, play the rest of the night away, while he dozed and dreamed of The Twisting Crescendo, full of Poetry... [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] AlchemyFox [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 452671 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Onibi [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 49989700 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49989700] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/499898/49989700_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Beginning Is An Homage.... So's The Rest Of It [b]Entry: [/b] [indent]One God Sat [/indent] On An Empty Plateau [indent]Where Once Eight Gods Stood And Fought[/indent] To Turn Back [indent]The Shade[/indent] And Heal The World [indent]They Had Betrayed[/indent] What Restless Shades Seek Him Now? [center]One God Flies Through Endless Skies Pulling, than Pushing, Bolero Coatls, Bossa Nova Bogsneaks, Music Box Fae, March Guardians, Elegy Mirrors, Sonata Skydancers, Aria Imperials, Minuet Spirals, Lullaby Tundras, Prelude Pearlcatchers, Chant Snappers, Requiem Ridgebacks, Dirge Wildclaws, Nocturne Nocturnes.... As Colorful Singing Kites...[/center] [right][indent]One God Waits[/indent] [indent]At The Bottom Of The Sphere[/indent] [indent]Holding Off The Darkness[/indent] [indent]By Freezing It Away[/indent][/right] One God Is Curled Deep. Inside. Her. Den. Dreaming Of Tricksy Secrets. Beyond. Mortal. Ken. [center]One God Was Dormant Deep Beneath The Waves[/center] [left]Past[/left] [center]Present[/center] [right]Future[/right] [center]It's All Disappeared In An Underwater Haze[/center] [indent]One God Is Preparing[/indent] [indent]For An All Out War[/indent] For Truth And Light And Beauty [indent]Which She Herself[/indent] [indent]Distort'd[/indent] [center]One God Can Barely Keep The Flames In Check Which Will Give Out First? Her People.... ...Or Her Power?[/center] [right]One God Is Standing On The Brink Is It Greatness? Is It Folly? Link by Link Chain by Chain He is Building His Destiny[/right] Two Gods Are Fighting Still Have They Really Ever Stopped? What Comes Of That Only Time Can Tell [center]And One God Still Tries To Keep Himself Together Focused On His All Consuming Quest He Gives Himself No Rest[/center] [center]....[/center] [center]And If The Gods Themselves May Change That Sets Us Up For Something Strange[/center]
Onibi set his last poem on the desk. "See you next year," he said softly to the worn-out dragon. "Thanks for all your help." He turned from the desk, and slipped off into the night. He did not go far though... Just somewhere he could watch his friends, old and new, play the rest of the night away, while he dozed and dreamed of The Twisting Crescendo, full of Poetry...
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: AlchemyFox
FR Player ID#: 452671
Dragon Poet's Name: Onibi
Dragon Poet's ID#: 49989700

Dragon Poet Image:

49989700_350.png

Entry Category: Anything Goes
Entry Title: The Beginning Is An Homage.... So's The Rest Of It

Entry:
One God Sat
On An Empty Plateau
Where Once Eight Gods Stood And Fought
To Turn Back
The Shade
And Heal The World
They Had Betrayed
What Restless Shades Seek Him Now?
One God Flies
Through Endless Skies
Pulling, than Pushing,
Bolero Coatls, Bossa Nova Bogsneaks,
Music Box Fae, March Guardians,
Elegy Mirrors, Sonata Skydancers,
Aria Imperials, Minuet Spirals,
Lullaby Tundras, Prelude Pearlcatchers,
Chant Snappers, Requiem Ridgebacks,
Dirge Wildclaws, Nocturne Nocturnes....
As Colorful Singing Kites...
One God Waits
At The Bottom Of The Sphere
Holding Off The Darkness
By Freezing It Away
One God Is Curled
Deep.
Inside.
Her.
Den.
Dreaming Of Tricksy
Secrets.
Beyond.
Mortal.
Ken.
One God Was Dormant
Deep Beneath The Waves
Past
Present
Future
It's All Disappeared
In An Underwater Haze
One God Is Preparing
For An All Out War
For Truth
And Light
And Beauty
Which She Herself
Distort'd
One God Can
Barely Keep
The Flames In Check
Which Will Give Out First?
Her People....
...Or Her Power?
One God Is Standing On The Brink
Is It Greatness?
Is It Folly?
Link by Link
Chain by Chain
He is Building His Destiny
Two Gods Are Fighting Still
Have They Really Ever Stopped?
What Comes Of That
Only Time Can Tell
And One God Still
Tries To Keep Himself Together
Focused On His All Consuming Quest
He Gives Himself No Rest
And If The Gods Themselves May Change
That Sets Us Up For Something Strange
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] KingScotty [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 251657 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] BillShakespeare [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 41144524 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41144524] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411446/41144524_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] [center]Ode to Autumn and Spring[/center] [b]Entry: [/b] [center]Opposite sides of the calendar, of the globe, of the senses, of the reasons. (One for new life, beginnings. One for decay, finishings.) Yet the same at the start, same time, same sunlight, same moonlight, throughout the world, sister seasons. [/center]
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: KingScotty
FR Player ID#: 251657
Dragon Poet's Name: BillShakespeare
Dragon Poet's ID#: 41144524
Dragon Poet Image:
Entry Category: Autumn and Spring

Entry Title:
Ode to Autumn and Spring

Entry:
Opposite sides of the calendar,
of the globe,
of the senses,
of the reasons.

(One for new life, beginnings.
One for decay, finishings.)

Yet the same at the start,
same time, same sunlight, same moonlight,
throughout the world,
sister seasons.
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] KingScotty [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 251657 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] BillShakespeare [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 41144524 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41144524] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411446/41144524_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Season's POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] [center]I am Winter[/center] [b]Entry: [/b] [center]I am the great Re-set. Without me all would clog and stagnate. I am the beautious wonder of a monochrome world, that allows dragonkind to appreciate the full spectrum, that allows love to warm, to blossom and to focus on coziness and cuddling. I am the one Who brings focus to the minds of all, who allows the planners and designers the time they need to lay out all that is to come. I am Winter. [/center]

Dragon Poet Image:
Entry Category: The Season's POV

Entry Title:
I am Winter

Entry:
I am the great Re-set.
Without me all would clog and stagnate.

I am the beautious wonder of a monochrome world,
that allows dragonkind to appreciate the full spectrum,
that allows love to warm, to blossom and to focus on coziness and cuddling.

I am the one
Who brings focus to the minds of all,
who allows the planners and designers
the time they need to lay out all that is to come.

I am Winter.
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] KingScotty [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 251657 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] BillShakespeare [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 41144524 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41144524] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411446/41144524_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] [center]Can you keep a secret?[/center] [b]Entry: [/b] [center]If Windsinger were my friend, we would drink a bottle of rosewine and laughter wouldn't end. If Windsinger were my friend, we would drink two bottles of rosewine, shapeshift, and reverse the winds! If Windsinger were my friend, we would drink three bottles of rosewine, capture Tidelord as a prank, and lock him up in the spiral keep dungeon! If Windsinger were my friend, say-- can you bring me some coffee? (and can you keep a secret?) [/center]

Dragon Poet Image:
Entry Category: If Windsinger...

Entry Title:
Can you keep a secret?

Entry:
If Windsinger were my friend,
we would drink a bottle of rosewine
and laughter wouldn't end.

we would drink two bottles of rosewine,
shapeshift, and reverse the winds!

we would drink three bottles of rosewine,
capture Tidelord as a prank, and lock him up in the spiral keep dungeon!

say-- can you bring me some coffee?
(and can you keep a secret?)
Judges Ping List:
@s0leil
@Paintminion
@Milohilay
@BrookInTheMeadow

Audience and Contestants Ping List
(Contestants will be automatically added.)
@MarinaQuakenbush
@Stanzascale
@starsX
@sylveondreams
@BraveEguana
@Juri01
@Beezarre
@MysticalScribe
@Cherise
@zedetta @YanderePower
@eerilyabsent
@WindKisses
@MythicalViper
@Lundlaeva
@Sylphiette
@AlchemyFox
@Cheshly
@tigressRising
@Clandestino @7diamonds
@Skydust
@NeekoNeekoNii
@LadyOfTheSkies
@Juri01
@Oranitha
@bittersweetlove
@Dil
@AshuriiAkemi
@Scatterspark @Willowoak
@sockmonkeygerald
@KingScotty
@Solaira
@DraigTeg

WE ARE NOW
CLOSED FOR JUDGING!

Thank you everyone! Your entries have been wonderful to read, and I hoped those of you who role-played with us had a good time too! May the best dragon win!

We'll ping you when we start to have some winners! Until then, feel free to share, post weird things, dither, pace, play games, dance, sing, and get into shenanigans while you wait. This may be a few days!

As of this moment, everyone is now in the Security Badge List, so feel free to grab your up to date badge and pin it on your dragon to proudly display that YOU are a Poet!

Any questions or anything, just ping us!

Wish us luck and see you back here soon as we can!

Judges Ping List:
@s0leil
@Paintminion
@Milohilay
@BrookInTheMeadow

Audience and Contestants Ping List
(Contestants will be automatically added.)
@MarinaQuakenbush
@Stanzascale
@starsX
@sylveondreams
@BraveEguana
@Juri01
@Beezarre
@MysticalScribe
@Cherise
@zedetta @YanderePower
@eerilyabsent
@WindKisses
@MythicalViper
@Lundlaeva
@Sylphiette
@AlchemyFox
@Cheshly
@tigressRising
@Clandestino @7diamonds
@Skydust
@NeekoNeekoNii
@LadyOfTheSkies
@Juri01
@Oranitha
@bittersweetlove
@Dil
@AshuriiAkemi
@Scatterspark @Willowoak
@sockmonkeygerald
@KingScotty
@Solaira
@DraigTeg

WE ARE NOW
CLOSED FOR JUDGING!

Thank you everyone! Your entries have been wonderful to read, and I hoped those of you who role-played with us had a good time too! May the best dragon win!

We'll ping you when we start to have some winners! Until then, feel free to share, post weird things, dither, pace, play games, dance, sing, and get into shenanigans while you wait. This may be a few days!

As of this moment, everyone is now in the Security Badge List, so feel free to grab your up to date badge and pin it on your dragon to proudly display that YOU are a Poet!

Any questions or anything, just ping us!

Wish us luck and see you back here soon as we can!

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[font=candara]huzzah! i can't wait to see the results! [emoji=rainbow star 1]
huzzah! i can't wait to see the results!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
And now everyone is added to the final ping list and the Entries Post.

The judges are conferring about Cheshley's missing title...
And now everyone is added to the final ping list and the Entries Post.

The judges are conferring about Cheshley's missing title...
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@Cheshly [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/v1lkw6rrxwcvpzr/windh8.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/26e91c4b0ac07800d9c04bcf1dc8a97a/tumblr_inline_nxqzzmOUyn1ts73zp_540.png[/img][/center] A playful whirl of wind swept into the Mistral Jamboree, tugging at cloaks and scarves, tossing about hats, and as it swept past the flaps of the poetry tent, it swirled this way and that, scattering scrolls and raising the dust so that most dragons squinted or had to close and rub their eyes. [center][img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/910d3b28da54b050183f29daa79fb2dd/tumblr_inline_nz13vdi3th1ts73zp_540.png[/img][/center] When it had gone and everyone settled back down in the tent, Windruffles sighed deeply. ENtries were scattered everywhere. It would take a bit for them to gather them all up and double check they had everything on the lists for the judges and outside the tent for everyone to see them all. As she bent to her task, a certain scroll rolled off the table and into her paw. With a delicate claw, she unrolled it to find Cheshley's entry. She remembered it, because the dragon had run off before giving them a title for the piece, something the rules state is needed, so all the coding, er, paperwork looked right for the judges. [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1875081][img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/6a70/f/2016/267/e/c/fc_messengers_scroll_by_dogi_crimson-daiq5ls.gif[/img][/url][/center] But there was a title now, written in large flowing script. "Balance" Windruffles squinted at the script - it wasn't her pawwriting, or the other judges' either, she would recognize that, and it didn't match the writing of the poem either. Judge Sequoia walked over to help with gathering the scrolls, pausing to touch Windruffles on the shoulder. "What's wrong? You look worried. I can help with this mess, don't sweat it. We'll have it right in no time." Windruffles handed her the scroll. "This entry, the one we were going to disqualify? It has a title now." Sequoia took a close look. "Oh great! Then we can add it to the lists." "But the pawwriting...and that wind..." "Oh. OH! You think...?" "Windsinger works in playful mysterious ways, my Lair Leader always says. I'll just slip this into the list then." [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/6wR17En.png[/img][/center]
@Cheshly

windh8.png
tumblr_inline_nxqzzmOUyn1ts73zp_540.png

A playful whirl of wind swept into the Mistral Jamboree, tugging at cloaks and scarves, tossing about hats, and as it swept past the flaps of the poetry tent, it swirled this way and that, scattering scrolls and raising the dust so that most dragons squinted or had to close and rub their eyes.
tumblr_inline_nz13vdi3th1ts73zp_540.png

When it had gone and everyone settled back down in the tent, Windruffles sighed deeply. ENtries were scattered everywhere. It would take a bit for them to gather them all up and double check they had everything on the lists for the judges and outside the tent for everyone to see them all.

As she bent to her task, a certain scroll rolled off the table and into her paw. With a delicate claw, she unrolled it to find Cheshley's entry. She remembered it, because the dragon had run off before giving them a title for the piece, something the rules state is needed, so all the coding, er, paperwork looked right for the judges.
fc_messengers_scroll_by_dogi_crimson-daiq5ls.gif

But there was a title now, written in large flowing script.

"Balance"

Windruffles squinted at the script - it wasn't her pawwriting, or the other judges' either, she would recognize that, and it didn't match the writing of the poem either.

Judge Sequoia walked over to help with gathering the scrolls, pausing to touch Windruffles on the shoulder. "What's wrong? You look worried. I can help with this mess, don't sweat it. We'll have it right in no time."

Windruffles handed her the scroll. "This entry, the one we were going to disqualify? It has a title now."

Sequoia took a close look. "Oh great! Then we can add it to the lists."

"But the pawwriting...and that wind..."

"Oh. OH! You think...?"

"Windsinger works in playful mysterious ways, my Lair Leader always says. I'll just slip this into the list then."

6wR17En.png

1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23