Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23
@tigressRising
@AlchemyFox
@bittersweetlove
@Stanzascale
@Juri01

Windruffles yawned, the day had once again started well with a cup of chai and a crisp spring breeze on a sunny morning. She lay in the window seat and daydreamed about someday meeting Windsinger, and would he like her poetry?

Suddenly she popped up and looked around. "Oh dear, what time is it? It's the last day of Mistral Jamboree and the Poetry Contest! I should be there working on the final entries and get ready for judging!"

The wind teased her fur and wings as she took in the next batch of entries and thanked each poet for their participation.

"Glad you could get in your entries! Today is the last day for us! Good luck!"

I'll just get you gang added to ping lists and the entries list as well now. You can all update your Security Badges now, at least up to this point. :-) There's plenty of time to get into another category if you haven't done them all already!

@tigressRising
@AlchemyFox
@bittersweetlove
@Stanzascale
@Juri01

Windruffles yawned, the day had once again started well with a cup of chai and a crisp spring breeze on a sunny morning. She lay in the window seat and daydreamed about someday meeting Windsinger, and would he like her poetry?

Suddenly she popped up and looked around. "Oh dear, what time is it? It's the last day of Mistral Jamboree and the Poetry Contest! I should be there working on the final entries and get ready for judging!"

The wind teased her fur and wings as she took in the next batch of entries and thanked each poet for their participation.

"Glad you could get in your entries! Today is the last day for us! Good luck!"

I'll just get you gang added to ping lists and the entries list as well now. You can all update your Security Badges now, at least up to this point. :-) There's plenty of time to get into another category if you haven't done them all already!

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Juri01 [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 111431 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Zayin [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 40410352 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40410352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/404104/40410352_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Zayin approached the desk, all alone for a change. His bright friend was still cheesed with the poet and wanted to sulk a bit longer in their tent. There was nothing that’d snap Crevan out of it right now; so Zayin decided to have a look at the other poets amazing writings and broaden his mind. But first, he had to turn in those final scrolls at the desk! [b]“These should be my final entries for the contest. Thank you very much for your help during this whole process! I really appreciate it. … and sorry for my friends’ behavior, he can be intense sometimes. But he means well!”[/b] [center][img]https://s28.postimg.cc/90g803cod/Hor-divider-640.png[/img][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] A graceful melody [b]Entry: [/b] When the sun rises in the early dawn, and skies were lit with gold, The vortex teases passer-by, whose journeys just unfold. When the morning breeze blows strong, HE softly spoke to me, The wind chime played the sweetest song, a graceful melody: If Windsinger were my friend... I’d hear those sweet chimes, welcome a new life! I’d watch the playful kites, dancing through the skies. I’d smell the fresh bamboo, framing the luscious fields view. I’d feel the gentle gusts, in whose support we put our trust. I’d taste the buzzing excitement, while travelers break out of confinement. If Windsinger were my friend, I’d close my eyes and wished; that all my life his gentle winds would carry me across the air, would carry me to ‘[i]everywhere[/i]’! [center][img]https://s28.postimg.cc/90g803cod/Hor-divider-640.png[/img][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] A writer's love [b]Entry: [/b] He loves the written word; his soul and body drenched in it. Watching through the half closed door, to see his passion streaming from the mind and heart to his fingertips, Manifesting on piles of paper. Addicted to the silent scribbling noise of pen on paper. The sight of him caught inside his own thoughts, a vast, infinite network of ideas, overflowing with creativity. His gift is in charge of him. He is a lover, a writer drunken with the world of ink. Hiding those powerful words inside, words yet to be discovered, that will develop into a sentence, into a paragraph, into a story, into a world.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: Juri01
FR Player ID#: 111431

Dragon Poet's Name: Zayin
Dragon Poet's ID#: 40410352

Dragon Poet Image:

Zayin approached the desk, all alone for a change. His bright friend was still cheesed with the poet and wanted to sulk a bit longer in their tent. There was nothing that’d snap Crevan out of it right now; so Zayin decided to have a look at the other poets amazing writings and broaden his mind.

But first, he had to turn in those final scrolls at the desk!

“These should be my final entries for the contest. Thank you very much for your help during this whole process! I really appreciate it. … and sorry for my friends’ behavior, he can be intense sometimes. But he means well!”

Hor-divider-640.png

Entry Category: If Windsinger...
Entry Title: A graceful melody

Entry:

When the sun rises in the early dawn, and skies were lit with gold,
The vortex teases passer-by, whose journeys just unfold.
When the morning breeze blows strong, HE softly spoke to me,
The wind chime played the sweetest song, a graceful melody:

If Windsinger were my friend...
I’d hear those sweet chimes, welcome a new life!
I’d watch the playful kites, dancing through the skies.
I’d smell the fresh bamboo, framing the luscious fields view.
I’d feel the gentle gusts, in whose support we put our trust.
I’d taste the buzzing excitement, while travelers break out of confinement.

If Windsinger were my friend,
I’d close my eyes and wished; that all my life his gentle winds
would carry me across the air,
would carry me to ‘everywhere’!

Hor-divider-640.png

Entry Category: Anything goes
Entry Title: A writer's love

Entry:

He loves the written word;
his soul and body drenched in it.

Watching through the half closed door,
to see his passion streaming
from the mind and heart to his fingertips,
Manifesting on piles of paper.

Addicted
to the silent scribbling noise of pen on paper.
The sight of him
caught inside his own thoughts,
a vast, infinite network of ideas,
overflowing with creativity.

His gift is in charge of him.
He is a lover,
a writer drunken
with the world of ink.

Hiding those powerful words inside,
words yet to be discovered,
that will develop
into a sentence,
into a paragraph,
into a story,

into a world.
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Dil [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 261317 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Baileys [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 26352699 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26352699] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/263527/26352699_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Everlasting [b]Entry:[/b] We met in garden In full bloom. Now waiting you Under the leaf fall. ----- Just hope that I correctly counted the syllables in the words. English isn't my forte~ ^___^'

FR Player Name: Dil
FR Player ID#: 261317
Dragon Poet's Name: Baileys
Dragon Poet's ID#: 26352699

Dragon Poet Image:

26352699_350.png

Entry Category: Haiku
Entry Title: Everlasting

Entry:

We met in garden
In full bloom. Now waiting you
Under the leaf fall.

Just hope that I correctly counted the syllables in the words. English isn't my forte~ ^___^'
artworks-000070459539-e1tosp-large.jpg dragonfly-100.png5-100.png6E5Dao0.pngb45OMRT.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] This poem is written from the POV of Verline, a somewhat introverted dreamer who has always wanted to become a real explorer but is held back by her fears. [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MarinaQuakenbush [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 328338 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Verline [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 42079802 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42079802] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/420799/42079802_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Strength of the Wind [b]Entry: [/b] Elevations I could reach Hidden paths I could find If my iron-walled fears were breached I'd leave them far behind To push my dreams to action Stop sighing at day's end I know I'd be braver, if by a fraction If Windsinger were my friend
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

This poem is written from the POV of Verline, a somewhat introverted dreamer who has always wanted to become a real explorer but is held back by her fears.

FR Player Name: MarinaQuakenbush
FR Player ID#: 328338
Dragon Poet's Name: Verline
Dragon Poet's ID#: 42079802
Dragon Poet Image:

42079802_350.png

Entry Title: The Strength of the Wind

Entry:

Elevations I could reach
Hidden paths I could find
If my iron-walled fears were breached
I'd leave them far behind

To push my dreams to action
Stop sighing at day's end
I know I'd be braver, if by a fraction
If Windsinger were my friend
'blue smedium banner
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] YanderePower [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 319188 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Mergo [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 46920529 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46920529] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469206/46920529_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] Chains [b]Entry: [/b] They bind me tightly against the corner of the small cellar. Depriving me of spirit, energy, warmth. Heavy, rusty chains, Hanging from the perpetual shadows above, Sprouting from the void beneath my aching frame Where I struggle with despairing silence. There was a time, long, long ago Back when I hadn’t yet met lust and love, Back when I was still able to dream. It remains a distant memory Slowly fading with the amplitude of time, Gradually pulling away from my empty grasp. I hear a sound. The first in many eons to penetrate the everlasting stillness. An indescribable symphony of vibrations, A chanting chorus of muffled voices. It resonates, and my heart beats along in sync with its rhythm. A melody of hope - or perhaps only longing. That tune, it will not stop. As the world gets brighter, the ticking of the clock becomes insignificant. Has the angel spared me from this cursed reality? I feel the barrier breaking down, shattering. The tugging at the edge of my consciousness awakens my senses. A twinkle of faith, embedded within memories past, floats free at last. Pulled out from under the snaking tendrils of metal, I savour the feeling of freedom. Released from the confines of the suffocating room, Joy and Euphoria are constant companions. Open to this world of infinite choices, I am consumed with yearning and greed. Others in my world come and go. But the dissonant tune remains. Sometimes the gentle yet quick flow of a brook, Otherwise a fleeting cacophony of noise. Speaking to me, trying to convey meaning. I immerse myself in its tune, lacking understanding. There came a day when all came to an abrupt, sickening, halt. My mind spins, my vision reels. Empty thoughts, empty emotions, all tumble together into chaos. I am engulfed once more in the freezing silence. I open my eyes at last. I am in chains. I was never free.

FR Player Name: YanderePower
FR Player ID#: 319188
Dragon Poet's Name: Mergo
Dragon Poet's ID#: 46920529

Dragon Poet Image:

46920529_350.png

Entry Category: Anything Goes
Entry Title: Chains

Entry:
They bind me tightly against the corner of the small cellar.
Depriving me of spirit, energy, warmth.
Heavy, rusty chains,
Hanging from the perpetual shadows above,
Sprouting from the void beneath my aching frame
Where I struggle with despairing silence.

There was a time, long, long ago
Back when I hadn’t yet met lust and love,
Back when I was still able to dream.
It remains a distant memory
Slowly fading with the amplitude of time,
Gradually pulling away from my empty grasp.

I hear a sound.
The first in many eons to penetrate the everlasting stillness.
An indescribable symphony of vibrations,
A chanting chorus of muffled voices.
It resonates, and my heart beats along in sync with its rhythm.
A melody of hope - or perhaps only longing.

That tune, it will not stop.
As the world gets brighter, the ticking of the clock becomes insignificant.
Has the angel spared me from this cursed reality?
I feel the barrier breaking down, shattering.
The tugging at the edge of my consciousness awakens my senses.
A twinkle of faith, embedded within memories past, floats free at last.

Pulled out from under the snaking tendrils of metal,
I savour the feeling of freedom.
Released from the confines of the suffocating room,
Joy and Euphoria are constant companions.
Open to this world of infinite choices,
I am consumed with yearning and greed.

Others in my world come and go.
But the dissonant tune remains.
Sometimes the gentle yet quick flow of a brook,
Otherwise a fleeting cacophony of noise.
Speaking to me, trying to convey meaning.
I immerse myself in its tune, lacking understanding.

There came a day when all came to an abrupt, sickening, halt.
My mind spins, my vision reels.
Empty thoughts, empty emotions, all tumble together into chaos.
I am engulfed once more in the freezing silence.
I open my eyes at last. I am in chains.
I was never free.

gZsHdLC.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] @Oranitha Lol sorry! Just had to write a kind-of non-syllable counting hybrid limerick XD And hope you got the wind bomb, but if you haven't yet, I'm just so honored by the poem you wrote me and haven't had much time but will mount a response to your previous message as well. I wish I could write something as nice for you but I am worried I will fail. I love the other poems you've written for this contest as well. Keep being awesome! [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MarinaQuakenbush [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 328338 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Letheo [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 35060456 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35060456] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350605/35060456_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Poem to a Friend [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Sort of Limerick You Never Asked For [b]Entry: [/b] There once was an epic series called Abarat Which featured an abundance of terry cats. A girl named Candy Whose life is anything but dandy Gets chased around by a man with seven hats. How could I know how this obscure book would grow Spark connections and friendships that were real and not show. I too find it hard to keep up Since real life always seems to disrupt But hope to meet you again under the sun's golden glow. What you contribute to this site is really impressive Your talented writing, art, dream thread, oops I'm waxing excessive Anyways, you're really awesome And your kindness blossoms Inspires others to create, share, discover, and be expressive
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

@Oranitha Lol sorry! Just had to write a kind-of non-syllable counting hybrid limerick XD And hope you got the wind bomb, but if you haven't yet, I'm just so honored by the poem you wrote me and haven't had much time but will mount a response to your previous message as well. I wish I could write something as nice for you but I am worried I will fail. I love the other poems you've written for this contest as well. Keep being awesome!

FR Player Name: MarinaQuakenbush
FR Player ID#: 328338
Dragon Poet's Name: Letheo
Dragon Poet's ID#: 35060456
Dragon Poet Image:

35060456_350.png

Entry Category: Poem to a Friend

Entry Title: The Sort of Limerick You Never Asked For

Entry:

There once was an epic series called Abarat
Which featured an abundance of terry cats.
A girl named Candy
Whose life is anything but dandy
Gets chased around by a man with seven hats.

How could I know how this obscure book would grow
Spark connections and friendships that were real and not show.
I too find it hard to keep up
Since real life always seems to disrupt
But hope to meet you again under the sun's golden glow.

What you contribute to this site is really impressive
Your talented writing, art, dream thread, oops I'm waxing excessive
Anyways, you're really awesome
And your kindness blossoms
Inspires others to create, share, discover, and be expressive
'blue smedium banner
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] tigressRising [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 169234 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Bonfire [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 16086228 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16086228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160863/16086228_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Season's POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] Spring's Glad to See You [b]Entry: [/b] Hello dear! How are you? Are you glad to see me too? For months things have been cold and bleak, But now through soil green buds do peak As I send the sun to warm the earth, And give nature a new rebirth. People venture back outside Out from their homes where they did hide And joy and praises the people sing In honor of me, the season Spring.

FR Player Name: tigressRising
FR Player ID#: 169234
Dragon Poet's Name: Bonfire
Dragon Poet's ID#: 16086228

Dragon Poet Image:

16086228_350.png

Entry Category: The Season's POV
Entry Title: Spring's Glad to See You

Entry:
Hello dear! How are you?
Are you glad to see me too?
For months things have been cold and bleak,
But now through soil green buds do peak
As I send the sun to warm the earth,
And give nature a new rebirth.
People venture back outside
Out from their homes where they did hide
And joy and praises the people sing
In honor of me, the season Spring.
Na5WGHa.png
more poems!

more!

MORE MORE!
more poems!

more!

MORE MORE!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] tigressRising [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 169234 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Bonfire [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 16086228 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16086228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160863/16086228_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Poem to a Friend [b]Entry Title:[/b] Dear Sister [b]Entry: [/b] My little sister, Once we were bitter rivals, Now we are best friends. You have so many talents, I know you will become great. A tanka dedicated to my sister, @Kyrianian (even if she isn't active on FR anymore).

FR Player Name: tigressRising
FR Player ID#: 169234
Dragon Poet's Name: Bonfire
Dragon Poet's ID#: 16086228

Dragon Poet Image:

16086228_350.png

Entry Title: Dear Sister

Entry:
My little sister,
Once we were bitter rivals,
Now we are best friends.
You have so many talents,
I know you will become great.

A tanka dedicated to my sister, @Kyrianian (even if she isn't active on FR anymore).
Na5WGHa.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] AshuriiAkemi [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] #229496 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Feyre [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] #48931851 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48931851] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/489319/48931851_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Everything [b]Entry: [/b] [indent]Friendship is found in the one person who sticks with you through everything.[/indent] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Mirrors [b]Entry:[/b] [indent]Brother and sister, the seasons of autumn and spring, together yet apart - seen by most as opposites, opposing forces in the weather of Sornieth. But in truth, one will find that they are mirrors; Autumn takes her time in the changing of leaves, watching them fall in red-brown swirls to the earth; She cools the wind, brings relief from summer and the relentless heat of the sun. She is not a harbinger of death - she simply prepares the earth so that it is ready to be reborn when Spring comes. After Autumn has ushered in the cold and dark of winter, putting the earth to sleep for a season, her brother Spring takes his place and readies the world for her yearly rebirth. He takes the barren trees and paints them hale and green, draws back to life the flowers glistening with dew and makes them into rainbows. His breath warms the wind, easing the last bite of winter and its bitter chill away. Without one, the balance would be lost. Without both, the earth would wither and die. In the end, they are mirrors: each preparing the world for the other.[/indent] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Season's POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] Persephone [b]Entry:[/b] [indent]we are one and the same, he and i; my chilling breath is his warm breeze, my wilting flowers are his blooms, my fallen leaves are his new growths. i ready the world for winter, and he rescues it from bitterness and icy winds and snowstorms. it's funny how he always gets more credit than i do, when what he does would not be possible without me. we are like persephone, bound to our duties. i tasted the sweet fruit and was stolen away, locked up during winter. my brother is her triumphant return in springtime, a goddess in bloom. perhaps it is not fair, but it is.[/indent] [b]Entry Category:[/b] If Windsinger... [b]Entry Title:[/b] Windsinger's Friend [b]Entry:[/b] [indent]If Windsinger were my friend, my Jamboree would never end, and all the time I'd have to spend within the wind would lift me up. If Windsinger were my friend, I would not have to pretend that the garden that I tend chimed with windsong day and night. If Windsinger were my friend, to the skies we would ascend, and all the clouds we would bend in search of rainbows. If Windsinger were my friend, I'd know I could transcend above the boundaries of the end of the known world. If Windsinger were my friend, to the end I would defend this friendship, a godsend in quite a literal sense. If Windsinger were my friend, and this poem that I penned, never were to end I would be glad.[/indent] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Poem to a Friend [b]Entry Title:[/b] For @toxicToxophilite [b]Entry:[/b] [indent]the passage of time is a funny thing, you go from strangers to best friends within the span of months; you share your voices and your muses, your writing and your art, you share until there are no secrets left between you. it doesn't seem to matter if you have a falling out or fall out of contact; the moment you meet again in the vastness of the world the connection you shared snaps back into place like it was never gone. it doesn't matter whether times are tough or things are strained because at the end of the day i know - i will always be your friend, and you will always be mine.[/indent] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Anything Goes [b]Entry Title:[/b] gods and myths [b]Entry:[/b] [indent]we are not gods, but we know them. we are not myths, but we feel them in our bones. i am not medusa, but i know how it feels to be punished for a crime i didn’t commit. i know how it feels to be subjugated and forced and hated. athena changed her from a mortal beauty into something hideous, and in doing so gave her power. i am not medusa, but i know her gaze of stone and i am not afraid. i am not arachne, but i know what jealousy tastes of. i know how it feels to be put down, to have my greatest pride shamed. arachne died in shame, but her sorrow was not punishment enough. she was turned into a spider to spin web for all of eternity. i am not arachne, but my spine is made of her silk, and i will not bow. i am not pandora, but i know how it feels to be shaped into something and used. she opened her pithos, and they called her evil. but she was only doing what men and gods created her to do. i am not pandora, but i know the warmth of the hope she kept and how fragile it is. so, you see, we are not gods, or myths, or stories. we contain their essence, we know them bone-deep, because every woman has suffered through her own story. we aren’t grand enough to have tales told of us for millennia to come. most of us are lucky to be remembered while we are still alive. but in our hearts beat the hearts of those that came before, and we know them, because when we cried no one else would answer.[/indent]

FR Player Name: AshuriiAkemi
FR Player ID#: #229496
Dragon Poet's Name: Feyre
Dragon Poet's ID#: #48931851
Dragon Poet Image:

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku
Entry Title: Everything
Entry:
Friendship is found in
the one person who sticks with
you through everything.

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring
Entry Title: Mirrors
Entry:
Brother and sister, the seasons of autumn and spring,
together yet apart - seen by most as opposites,
opposing forces in the weather of Sornieth.
But in truth, one will find that they are mirrors;
Autumn takes her time in the changing of leaves,
watching them fall in red-brown swirls to the earth;
She cools the wind, brings relief from summer and
the relentless heat of the sun.
She is not a harbinger of death -
she simply prepares the earth
so that it is ready to be reborn when Spring comes.

After Autumn has ushered in the cold and dark
of winter, putting the earth to sleep for a season,
her brother Spring takes his place and readies
the world for her yearly rebirth.
He takes the barren trees and
paints them hale and green,
draws back to life the flowers
glistening with dew and
makes them into rainbows.
His breath warms the wind,
easing the last bite of winter
and its bitter chill away.

Without one, the balance would be lost.
Without both, the earth would wither and die.
In the end, they are mirrors:
each preparing the world for the other.

Entry Category: The Season's POV
Entry Title: Persephone
Entry:
we are one and the same,
he and i; my chilling breath is
his warm breeze, my wilting
flowers are his blooms,
my fallen leaves are his new growths.

i ready the world for winter,
and he rescues it from bitterness
and icy winds and snowstorms.
it's funny how he always gets
more credit than i do, when
what he does would not be
possible without me.

we are like persephone,
bound to our duties.
i tasted the sweet fruit
and was stolen away,
locked up during winter.
my brother is her
triumphant return in
springtime, a goddess
in bloom.

perhaps it is not fair,
but it is.

Entry Title: Windsinger's Friend
Entry:
my Jamboree would never end,
and all the time I'd have to spend
within the wind would lift me up.

I would not have to pretend
that the garden that I tend
chimed with windsong day and night.

to the skies we would ascend,
and all the clouds we would bend
in search of rainbows.

I'd know I could transcend
above the boundaries of the end
of the known world.

to the end I would defend
this friendship, a godsend
in quite a literal sense.

and this poem that I penned,
never were to end
I would be glad.

Entry Title: For @toxicToxophilite
Entry:
the passage of time is a funny thing,
you go from strangers to best friends
within the span of months;
you share your voices and your muses,
your writing and your art,
you share until there are no secrets left
between you.

it doesn't seem to matter
if you have a falling out
or fall out of contact;
the moment you meet again
in the vastness of the world
the connection you shared
snaps back into place
like it was never gone.

it doesn't matter whether
times are tough or things
are strained because at
the end of the day i know -

i will always be your friend,
and you will always be mine.

Entry Category: Anything Goes
Entry Title: gods and myths
Entry:
we are not gods, but we know them.
we are not myths, but we feel them in our bones.

i am not medusa,
but i know how it feels
to be punished for a crime i didn’t commit.
i know how it feels
to be subjugated and forced and hated.

athena changed her from
a mortal beauty into
something hideous,
and in doing so gave her power.

i am not medusa,
but i know her gaze of stone
and i am not afraid.

i am not arachne,
but i know what jealousy tastes of.
i know how it feels to be put down,
to have my greatest pride shamed.

arachne died in shame,
but her sorrow was not punishment enough.
she was turned into a spider
to spin web for all of eternity.

i am not arachne,
but my spine is made of her silk,
and i will not bow.

i am not pandora,
but i know how it feels
to be shaped into something
and used.

she opened her pithos,
and they called her evil.
but she was only doing