Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | I Created a Species (No Pictures)
So, yes. I created a species. I created them a few years ago and I had shared a bit of info with friends on app - which I barely use anymore.
Also, I don’t draw so I’m gonna do my best to describe them to the best of my abilities.

Before I start, I’d like to add that I implemented this species into an already existing world. However, they don’t exist with characters from that existing world. Though, I did make the species before I knew about that existing world.

Okay.
So my species is called Souls. They are first “born” as orbs found in meteors and then taken to a shrine and given a body made by creatures that inhabit the shrine.
The first body they are given is volatile.
After a year or longer -depending on the Soul- they return to the shrine to “rebirth” into their second body and choose an element and life to lead.
Most Souls choose to look like other species after their Rebirth, whereas some prefer to remain with their Soul body.
A few Souls choose to remain in their first body, unable to decide what path to take in life. However, they live much longer than Rebirthed Souls and are stronger, too. But their appearance is much different than Rebirthed Souls.

Souls are unable to have children. However, Soul scientists are working on outer body uterus to carry children.
Most Souls are women- there aren’t many Soul males, but they do exist.

Souls choose elements to strengthen their fighting abilities. Most Souls don’t choose to become warriors however, but some choose elements to strengthen healing abilities. If a Soul chooses the Earth element, then they can use plants to heal. Or if a Soul chooses the Water element, then they use fish and other sea critters to heal.
Same could be said for fighting. Plants to fight, fish to fight.
Souls can always choose to learn more elements if they want to. Even elements that wouldn’t necassarily go together.

Elements: Fire, Water, Nature, Lightning, Light, Shadow/Dark, Air, Magma, Poison.

Light is considered one of the stronger elements and Souls with this element are not to be ignored.
Magma and Poison are the only elements Souls cannot choose during Rebirth. They must learn it.

Souls can also have Soul Spirits- an animal that fights with them or just stays by their side. They are companions, not pets. If you mistreat them, they leave. A Soul must form a bond with a creature for them to become a Soul Spirit.
Every creature is different. Some choose to follow the strong or the smartest or the kindest.
A Soul can have as many Soul Spirits as they want. Most Souls choose to have the same creature. Many birds or many dogs, rather than birds and dogs.

Souls have an All Mother that takes care of politics, warfare, welfare of all Souls in existance. All Mothers are chosen by a Soul who defeats the previous All Mother in battle. However, things have changed and the Souls now get to choose who becomes their All Mother. Along with two vices who help the All Mother lead.

As for looks,
First born Souls are thin and have angelic wings protruding from their back-however, they cant use these wings to fly. The wings are pretty much decoration. They have long tendrils instead of hair. The tendrils are almost rubbery, but light. Their skin colour varies from Soul to Soul. Most are a pale blue or almost white.
Rebirthed Souls -if they choose to remain to look like a Soul- usually have pale blue skin or a lighter blue. The tendrils are shortened, with a starfish looking hairline.
Male Souls are basically the same.
(Probably flopped on the explanation - starfish hairline doesnt sound accurate enough)

I probably missed a bunch of details and I’ll probably add onto this.

Later I might add characters I’ve created. Of course, there’s no drawing because I don’t draw.
So, yes. I created a species. I created them a few years ago and I had shared a bit of info with friends on app - which I barely use anymore.
Also, I don’t draw so I’m gonna do my best to describe them to the best of my abilities.

Before I start, I’d like to add that I implemented this species into an already existing world. However, they don’t exist with characters from that existing world. Though, I did make the species before I knew about that existing world.

Okay.
So my species is called Souls. They are first “born” as orbs found in meteors and then taken to a shrine and given a body made by creatures that inhabit the shrine.
The first body they are given is volatile.
After a year or longer -depending on the Soul- they return to the shrine to “rebirth” into their second body and choose an element and life to lead.
Most Souls choose to look like other species after their Rebirth, whereas some prefer to remain with their Soul body.
A few Souls choose to remain in their first body, unable to decide what path to take in life. However, they live much longer than Rebirthed Souls and are stronger, too. But their appearance is much different than Rebirthed Souls.

Souls are unable to have children. However, Soul scientists are working on outer body uterus to carry children.
Most Souls are women- there aren’t many Soul males, but they do exist.

Souls choose elements to strengthen their fighting abilities. Most Souls don’t choose to become warriors however, but some choose elements to strengthen healing abilities. If a Soul chooses the Earth element, then they can use plants to heal. Or if a Soul chooses the Water element, then they use fish and other sea critters to heal.
Same could be said for fighting. Plants to fight, fish to fight.
Souls can always choose to learn more elements if they want to. Even elements that wouldn’t necassarily go together.

Elements: Fire, Water, Nature, Lightning, Light, Shadow/Dark, Air, Magma, Poison.

Light is considered one of the stronger elements and Souls with this element are not to be ignored.
Magma and Poison are the only elements Souls cannot choose during Rebirth. They must learn it.

Souls can also have Soul Spirits- an animal that fights with them or just stays by their side. They are companions, not pets. If you mistreat them, they leave. A Soul must form a bond with a creature for them to become a Soul Spirit.
Every creature is different. Some choose to follow the strong or the smartest or the kindest.
A Soul can have as many Soul Spirits as they want. Most Souls choose to have the same creature. Many birds or many dogs, rather than birds and dogs.

Souls have an All Mother that takes care of politics, warfare, welfare of all Souls in existance. All Mothers are chosen by a Soul who defeats the previous All Mother in battle. However, things have changed and the Souls now get to choose who becomes their All Mother. Along with two vices who help the All Mother lead.

As for looks,
First born Souls are thin and have angelic wings protruding from their back-however, they cant use these wings to fly. The wings are pretty much decoration. They have long tendrils instead of hair. The tendrils are almost rubbery, but light. Their skin colour varies from Soul to Soul. Most are a pale blue or almost white.
Rebirthed Souls -if they choose to remain to look like a Soul- usually have pale blue skin or a lighter blue. The tendrils are shortened, with a starfish looking hairline.
Male Souls are basically the same.
(Probably flopped on the explanation - starfish hairline doesnt sound accurate enough)

I probably missed a bunch of details and I’ll probably add onto this.

Later I might add characters I’ve created. Of course, there’s no drawing because I don’t draw.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
I’m gonna be a little grumpy if this gets ignored (too)
I’m gonna be a little grumpy if this gets ignored (too)
I haven’t finished reading reading, but sounds interestingly, i’ll FInish reading this in a bit!
I haven’t finished reading reading, but sounds interestingly, i’ll FInish reading this in a bit!
[emoji=coatl happy]
Very interesting, i love the idea!
Very interesting, i love the idea!
Would anyone be interested in character descriptions? Idk
Would anyone be interested in character descriptions? Idk
I would love to hear more about it!
I would love to hear more about it!