Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Drawing Fakemon 4 fanfic
1 2 3
I'm currently writing (well rewriting) a Pokemon fanfiction on Wattpad (new version isn't up quite yet but the old version that didn't really go into this level of depth is completed there.)

But while I have created some of the fakemon for the legendaries, fossils, and starters I'm having some trouble with the Pokemon that would have regional variants.

Now the thing is these are all extinct (at the current moment) but the time they were around the region had these terrains:

Volcano, mountains, plains, deserts, and surrounded by water.
(closest irl place I found to this is New Zealand!)

This region is also known to have a lot of dragon type pokemon in the past, which might affect why their are variants.

Also, please note they aren't extinct like fossil pokemon (as in they aren't as old) they went extinct due to a regional civil war wiping most out then with time all of them died out/ the pokemon from the other regions were brought in in an attempt to help (though only the normal variants are around at the current time)

So I guess I'd like some:

1. opinions from others on what Pokemon to include (or which you'd like seeing variants of)

2. reasons why they'd be a variant or what the typings would be

3. I also plan on adding completely unique pokemon so I guess suggest things that could go together (ex. a tree and a cat)
Remember while it isn't based on New Zealand it does have similar areas

4. Opinions on where to post these (DA, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter?)

5. Would there be interest in videos of me coloring/ shading these while talking about ideas behind them?

Things I won't do/ don't require:

- Starter pokemon as regional variants (if I do 1 starter I'd feel obligated to do variants for the other 2 or even every starter)

- Legendary pokemon regional variants

- I do not require sketches of ideas, as all art will be my own!!!
-This is to keep it both consistent and so I still have freedom to interpret suggestions as I read them.

- Suggestions (the dex is completed at the moment and might reopen later if I need more pokemon)

Suggestions so far:

- Fire/ ghost ninetales (needs uploaded)

- Ghost/ fairy Whimsicott (needs uploaded)

- Fire/ rock Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Rhypherior (needs colored/uploaded)

- Fairy/ dragon type (needs uploaded)

- Dragon eeveelution (needs uploaded)

- Bug/ Fire Joltik/ Galvantula (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Ice/ Dark Tediursa/ Ursaring (needs evolutions drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Steel/ electric Tangela/ Tangrowth (needs evolutions drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Normal/ psychic Stantler (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

Finished things so far:

- Flying legendary (needs uploaded)

- Ground legendary (needs uploaded)

- Water legendary (needs uploaded)

- Grass fossil (needs uploaded)

- Steel fossil (needs uploaded)

- Ice fossil (needs uploaded)

- Fairy fossil (needs uploaded)

- Water starter line (needs uploaded)

- Fire starter line (needs uploaded)

- Grass starter line (needs uploaded)

- 'Pikachu clone' (needs uploaded)

- Bird line (needs uploaded)

- Poison/Dragon scorpion (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Water/ Ice dolphin (needs colored/ uploaded)

- Water/ Electric stingray (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Flying/ Dark Pegasus (needs evolutions drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Steel/ Bug Weta (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Bug/ Dark blue moon butterfly (needs evolutions drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Dark, Fighting, Normal, Ice Kuri dog (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Poison/ Psychic Snake (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

Totals:

12/12 Drucan forms

6/6 Fossils

9/9 Starters

3/3 Legendaries

20/20 Others

Pinglist (for anyone interested in the art once I upload them):

@/SmilodonLady

ALSO!
I plan on posting these somewhere but would like to know if I should (for jpg purposes/ art sharing) post to instagran(wouldn't be jpg), tumblr, twitter, or DA?
Any suggestions for posting sites would be helpful, otherwise I'd probably go for the tumblr and instagram ones for now.

EDIT!
Especially in need of more Poison, Normal, Psychic, and Fighting suggestions. Also could use more Steel, electric, and dark suggestions.
Please NO MORE: Ghost, fire, fairy, water, rock, bug, flying, or dragons type suggestions.

ALSO (no. 2)!
I have recorded me editing (coloring and shading) some of these and might make a video on youtube out of them if there's interest. I'd probably just be discussing my thoughts behind the designs, names, colors etc. over the video if I end up doing that. This would just be for fun so nothing set up too fancy for these and I might not do it for each one (especially since a lot were done before I thought to record making them).
**PS. still wondering about good sites to post these to (see 1st also for what I was considering)**
I'm currently writing (well rewriting) a Pokemon fanfiction on Wattpad (new version isn't up quite yet but the old version that didn't really go into this level of depth is completed there.)

But while I have created some of the fakemon for the legendaries, fossils, and starters I'm having some trouble with the Pokemon that would have regional variants.

Now the thing is these are all extinct (at the current moment) but the time they were around the region had these terrains:

Volcano, mountains, plains, deserts, and surrounded by water.
(closest irl place I found to this is New Zealand!)

This region is also known to have a lot of dragon type pokemon in the past, which might affect why their are variants.

Also, please note they aren't extinct like fossil pokemon (as in they aren't as old) they went extinct due to a regional civil war wiping most out then with time all of them died out/ the pokemon from the other regions were brought in in an attempt to help (though only the normal variants are around at the current time)

So I guess I'd like some:

1. opinions from others on what Pokemon to include (or which you'd like seeing variants of)

2. reasons why they'd be a variant or what the typings would be

3. I also plan on adding completely unique pokemon so I guess suggest things that could go together (ex. a tree and a cat)
Remember while it isn't based on New Zealand it does have similar areas

4. Opinions on where to post these (DA, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter?)

5. Would there be interest in videos of me coloring/ shading these while talking about ideas behind them?

Things I won't do/ don't require:

- Starter pokemon as regional variants (if I do 1 starter I'd feel obligated to do variants for the other 2 or even every starter)

- Legendary pokemon regional variants

- I do not require sketches of ideas, as all art will be my own!!!
-This is to keep it both consistent and so I still have freedom to interpret suggestions as I read them.

- Suggestions (the dex is completed at the moment and might reopen later if I need more pokemon)

Suggestions so far:

- Fire/ ghost ninetales (needs uploaded)

- Ghost/ fairy Whimsicott (needs uploaded)

- Fire/ rock Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Rhypherior (needs colored/uploaded)

- Fairy/ dragon type (needs uploaded)

- Dragon eeveelution (needs uploaded)

- Bug/ Fire Joltik/ Galvantula (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Ice/ Dark Tediursa/ Ursaring (needs evolutions drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Steel/ electric Tangela/ Tangrowth (needs evolutions drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Normal/ psychic Stantler (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

Finished things so far:

- Flying legendary (needs uploaded)

- Ground legendary (needs uploaded)

- Water legendary (needs uploaded)

- Grass fossil (needs uploaded)

- Steel fossil (needs uploaded)

- Ice fossil (needs uploaded)

- Fairy fossil (needs uploaded)

- Water starter line (needs uploaded)

- Fire starter line (needs uploaded)

- Grass starter line (needs uploaded)

- 'Pikachu clone' (needs uploaded)

- Bird line (needs uploaded)

- Poison/Dragon scorpion (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Water/ Ice dolphin (needs colored/ uploaded)

- Water/ Electric stingray (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Flying/ Dark Pegasus (needs evolutions drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Steel/ Bug Weta (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Bug/ Dark blue moon butterfly (needs evolutions drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Dark, Fighting, Normal, Ice Kuri dog (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

- Poison/ Psychic Snake (needs drawn/ colored/ uploaded)

Totals:

12/12 Drucan forms

6/6 Fossils

9/9 Starters

3/3 Legendaries

20/20 Others

Pinglist (for anyone interested in the art once I upload them):

@/SmilodonLady

ALSO!
I plan on posting these somewhere but would like to know if I should (for jpg purposes/ art sharing) post to instagran(wouldn't be jpg), tumblr, twitter, or DA?
Any suggestions for posting sites would be helpful, otherwise I'd probably go for the tumblr and instagram ones for now.

EDIT!
Especially in need of more Poison, Normal, Psychic, and Fighting suggestions. Also could use more Steel, electric, and dark suggestions.
Please NO MORE: Ghost, fire, fairy, water, rock, bug, flying, or dragons type suggestions.

ALSO (no. 2)!
I have recorded me editing (coloring and shading) some of these and might make a video on youtube out of them if there's interest. I'd probably just be discussing my thoughts behind the designs, names, colors etc. over the video if I end up doing that. This would just be for fun so nothing set up too fancy for these and I might not do it for each one (especially since a lot were done before I thought to record making them).
**PS. still wondering about good sites to post these to (see 1st also for what I was considering)**
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
I mean I'm still waiting for that Fire/Ghost Ninetales, which makes sense because of it's lore and it can learn ghost moves.
I mean I'm still waiting for that Fire/Ghost Ninetales, which makes sense because of it's lore and it can learn ghost moves.
I'd like to see Cottonee and Whimsicott as variants!
I'm not entirely sure how it would fit in the story, but hear me out: fairy-type was useful for Whimsicott when there were a lot of dragons around, but when they left (?), Whimsicott could have developed a psychic- or ghost-typing instead!
(and Whimsicott is way underrated please give my boi a chance in the spotlight ;^;)
I'd like to see Cottonee and Whimsicott as variants!
I'm not entirely sure how it would fit in the story, but hear me out: fairy-type was useful for Whimsicott when there were a lot of dragons around, but when they left (?), Whimsicott could have developed a psychic- or ghost-typing instead!
(and Whimsicott is way underrated please give my boi a chance in the spotlight ;^;)
HzGpUHb.png
Ok so I adore Luxray and wish it got a mega

I kid I kid. If it's extinct Pokemon why not have fossil variants? Since yunno, new region and everything. Could've developed differently because of temperature extremes/placements/many would have ice or fairy types (or at least be able to learn those moves)
Ok so I adore Luxray and wish it got a mega

I kid I kid. If it's extinct Pokemon why not have fossil variants? Since yunno, new region and everything. Could've developed differently because of temperature extremes/placements/many would have ice or fairy types (or at least be able to learn those moves)
Oh wow got quite a lot thanks everyone!

@Sylvpix I love the idea! of a ghost/ fire ninetales!

@Myrsky Whimsicott would be interesting since it's so overlooked! Ghost would especially look interesting for it's fluff.

@Skydust I love luxray as well! Thinking of possibly doing an electric/ dragon variant I have done some fossils and am incorporating them to be ancestors of certain pokemon alive today in other regions (since like with our world the regions might've been connected at some point)
However, these variant pokemon came after them so while they could be considered fossils they aren't as old (though still far enough in the past for no one except the region's professors, evil organization, and select few to know about them beyond "a war killed our region's pokemon so other pokemon who would survive well were imported")
I do agree that many would probably be ice/ fairy types though given the dragon typed predators!
Oh wow got quite a lot thanks everyone!

@Sylvpix I love the idea! of a ghost/ fire ninetales!

@Myrsky Whimsicott would be interesting since it's so overlooked! Ghost would especially look interesting for it's fluff.

@Skydust I love luxray as well! Thinking of possibly doing an electric/ dragon variant I have done some fossils and am incorporating them to be ancestors of certain pokemon alive today in other regions (since like with our world the regions might've been connected at some point)
However, these variant pokemon came after them so while they could be considered fossils they aren't as old (though still far enough in the past for no one except the region's professors, evil organization, and select few to know about them beyond "a war killed our region's pokemon so other pokemon who would survive well were imported")
I do agree that many would probably be ice/ fairy types though given the dragon typed predators!
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
updated the OP with what's been suggested as well as a status on them.

(also, should I post the art when I'm done? I will on a 'pokedex' on my Wattpad and could link it here I suppose. So let me know if you'd like a ping for that!)
updated the OP with what's been suggested as well as a status on them.

(also, should I post the art when I'm done? I will on a 'pokedex' on my Wattpad and could link it here I suppose. So let me know if you'd like a ping for that!)
Oooh, nice! I think a variant on Rhyperior would be awesome. Rhyhorn family too, no "final stage only" stuff... Rhyhorn which used to roam plains of grass have less grass to eat as volcanic ash settles, leaving them with adapting to a more mountainous range. They evolve early, gaining more mobility, and gain a fire typing, whether it be rock/fire or ground/fire.
Oooh, nice! I think a variant on Rhyperior would be awesome. Rhyhorn family too, no "final stage only" stuff... Rhyhorn which used to roam plains of grass have less grass to eat as volcanic ash settles, leaving them with adapting to a more mountainous range. They evolve early, gaining more mobility, and gain a fire typing, whether it be rock/fire or ground/fire.
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
@Aeonox One of my fossil pokemon is actually an ancestor for the Rhyhorn line (though it kinda looks like a Sandshrew in the face as well) so it would be interesting to see how the ancestors that remained in Drucan after the continents shifted changed!
@Aeonox One of my fossil pokemon is actually an ancestor for the Rhyhorn line (though it kinda looks like a Sandshrew in the face as well) so it would be interesting to see how the ancestors that remained in Drucan after the continents shifted changed!
OP updated with list and some other things.

ALSO! I plan on posting these to my instagram (one per week atm) but would like to know if I should (for jpg purposes/ art sharing) post to tumblr, twitter, or DA?
Any suggestions for posting sights would be helpful, otherwise I'd probably go for the tumblr and twitter ones for now.
OP updated with list and some other things.

ALSO! I plan on posting these to my instagram (one per week atm) but would like to know if I should (for jpg purposes/ art sharing) post to tumblr, twitter, or DA?
Any suggestions for posting sights would be helpful, otherwise I'd probably go for the tumblr and twitter ones for now.
bringing this back now that I have some more time to work on them again
bringing this back now that I have some more time to work on them again
1 2 3