Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [OLD] Time: The Twelfth Flight
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 30
Great! Ah darn it, I should've tried to incorporate that spiky bludgeon tail that Tempus dragons have into their tactics, I'm upset I didn't think of that before. Also, I noticed that there was no credit, which I can, of course, live with, but I just wanted to point that out just in case you forgot or something like that. You don't have to add credit unless you want to! [emoji=nocturne happy size=2] Another idea, in case you're worried that the credit might make it look messy or unprofessional or anything like that, maybe credit could be put in some sort of list of contributors to the time flight and what their ideas were?
Great! Ah darn it, I should've tried to incorporate that spiky bludgeon tail that Tempus dragons have into their tactics, I'm upset I didn't think of that before. Also, I noticed that there was no credit, which I can, of course, live with, but I just wanted to point that out just in case you forgot or something like that. You don't have to add credit unless you want to! Another idea, in case you're worried that the credit might make it look messy or unprofessional or anything like that, maybe credit could be put in some sort of list of contributors to the time flight and what their ideas were?
JGB1EvW.png
q9EEy5M.png
@Amberfeather

Yeah, I was considering doing something like that with credits. I was in a hurry yesterday so I didn't really have time to add everything, I'm adding the credits now.
@Amberfeather

Yeah, I was considering doing something like that with credits. I was in a hurry yesterday so I didn't really have time to add everything, I'm adding the credits now.
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
Okay, cool!
Okay, cool!
JGB1EvW.png
q9EEy5M.png
Region Name
Parallel Present/Past Abyss/Future Realm

You can pick any name you want! Or you can pick none at all. Personally, I like Parallel Present the most, but that is just my opinion! I won't be disappointed if you pick another name.

Also, I'd like to write the Flight Lore, however, I'm not quite sure what to use as a reference. I don't know how exactly I could make Flight Lore different from the Region Information you already put here. If you're confused by what I mean as a reference, I mean what official information is Flight Lore the equivalent of, and where can I find it? For example, I can find a reference for subregions in the World Map or a reference for Tempus Species Information in the Encyclopedia. In the World Map, for each area, it has the region information, the same as what you put here. But just below region population is a description of the region and the commonly shared behaviors of dragons that live there. I'm not sure if I should use that as a reference for Flight Lore or if it is already the equivalent of Region Information.

I really hope what I'm saying makes sense. To put it simply, what should Flight Lore describe and what official material could be compared to it?
Region Name
Parallel Present/Past Abyss/Future Realm

You can pick any name you want! Or you can pick none at all. Personally, I like Parallel Present the most, but that is just my opinion! I won't be disappointed if you pick another name.

Also, I'd like to write the Flight Lore, however, I'm not quite sure what to use as a reference. I don't know how exactly I could make Flight Lore different from the Region Information you already put here. If you're confused by what I mean as a reference, I mean what official information is Flight Lore the equivalent of, and where can I find it? For example, I can find a reference for subregions in the World Map or a reference for Tempus Species Information in the Encyclopedia. In the World Map, for each area, it has the region information, the same as what you put here. But just below region population is a description of the region and the commonly shared behaviors of dragons that live there. I'm not sure if I should use that as a reference for Flight Lore or if it is already the equivalent of Region Information.

I really hope what I'm saying makes sense. To put it simply, what should Flight Lore describe and what official material could be compared to it?
JGB1EvW.png
q9EEy5M.png
[center][size=5]Indigenous Lifeforms[size=5][/center] Timeless Toad, Reborn Remora, Effective Butterfly, Reincarnation, Future Ferret, Time Travel Trout, Tricky Tick, Reflective Cactus, Present Pig, Limitless Lobster, Time-Craving Tarantula, Shrinking Shrub, Historical Hyena, Hourglass Jellyfish, Clock Cockroach, Hourly Aloe, Scrappy Scorpion, Clockwork Cod, Anonymous Ant, Past Pear [center]Normally I would say I would be fine with you not using this, but it was really hard to think of all of these, so I really hope it gets used. [emoji=nocturne laughing size=2] In total, there are twenty lifeforms here. If anyone has the guts and imagination to add more, please do, as all the official regions have like a bajillion indigenous lifeforms and I like consistent fanmade content, lol. If you're curious about what type of food each lifeform is, then just follow this simple pattern. It starts with meat, then seafood, then insects, then plants, then the pattern repeats.[/center] [center][size=5]Additional Information[size=5][/center] I tried to base most of these off of time terms or time references. In case you didn't know, Carnation is a type of flower, so I made a pun on that being Reincarnation. I imagine the Effective Butterfly would have a big infinity symbol on each of its wings. Also, its name is a reference to the butterfly effect. Eating a Reflective Cactus will help you calmly reflect on the past easier. Clockwork Cod gets its name because it produces special fish oil that can make gears and other mechanical parts run a lot more smooth and efficient. A material you can find in most dragon workshops. Hourly Aloe grows incredibly fast and grows another blade every single hour. Reborn Remora will be reborn with time. It's said that it is also reborn with the memories of any living creature it stuck to in its past life. Hourglass Jellyfish are said to be the byproduct of a powerful dragon cursing a regular species of jellyfish so that every hour they release a lot of sticky venom into the ocean, coming back later to eat anything foolish enough to not see the bright purple neon venom in the ocean. Hourglass Jellyfish populations have decreased a lot from dragons continuously trying to get rid of these high-threat jellyfish. This species is highly endangered, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Seafood is cleansed of venom before eaten or put up for sale. Just some interesting facts about various lifeforms here.
Indigenous Lifeforms
Timeless Toad, Reborn Remora, Effective Butterfly, Reincarnation, Future Ferret, Time Travel Trout, Tricky Tick, Reflective Cactus, Present Pig, Limitless Lobster, Time-Craving Tarantula, Shrinking Shrub, Historical Hyena, Hourglass Jellyfish, Clock Cockroach, Hourly Aloe, Scrappy Scorpion, Clockwork Cod, Anonymous Ant, Past Pear
Normally I would say I would be fine with you not using this, but it was really hard to think of all of these, so I really hope it gets used. In total, there are twenty lifeforms here. If anyone has the guts and imagination to add more, please do, as all the official regions have like a bajillion indigenous lifeforms and I like consistent fanmade content, lol. If you're curious about what type of food each lifeform is, then just follow this simple pattern. It starts with meat, then seafood, then insects, then plants, then the pattern repeats.
Additional Information

I tried to base most of these off of time terms or time references. In case you didn't know, Carnation is a type of flower, so I made a pun on that being Reincarnation. I imagine the Effective Butterfly would have a big infinity symbol on each of its wings. Also, its name is a reference to the butterfly effect. Eating a Reflective Cactus will help you calmly reflect on the past easier. Clockwork Cod gets its name because it produces special fish oil that can make gears and other mechanical parts run a lot more smooth and efficient. A material you can find in most dragon workshops.

Hourly Aloe grows incredibly fast and grows another blade every single hour. Reborn Remora will be reborn with time. It's said that it is also reborn with the memories of any living creature it stuck to in its past life. Hourglass Jellyfish are said to be the byproduct of a powerful dragon cursing a regular species of jellyfish so that every hour they release a lot of sticky venom into the ocean, coming back later to eat anything foolish enough to not see the bright purple neon venom in the ocean. Hourglass Jellyfish populations have decreased a lot from dragons continuously trying to get rid of these high-threat jellyfish. This species is highly endangered, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Seafood is cleansed of venom before eaten or put up for sale.

Just some interesting facts about various lifeforms here.
JGB1EvW.png
q9EEy5M.png
@Amberfeather

Sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier. I think Parallel Present is a great name, I'll update that. Also, I love what you have for the Indigenous Lifeforms, I'll add that to the Region Information too.

As for the lore, I'm thinking there should be at least one story about the creation of the deity and the Flight. For the rest, I imagine it to be similar to the Bounty of the Elements series, with possibly a Tempus dragon as the main character? Though I haven't gotten much farther than that with lore planning. You can reference anything from Timebender's personal lore in her bio, though that's a bit outdated and I'm planning to rewrite that.

You don't have to reference her lore, but if you do decide to reference her lore, the new version will be pretty much the same. She still starts out as a Skydancer named Noctella, trains to be Exalted, and becomes one of Lightweaver's most trusted advisors as well as one of the most powerful Exalted dragons to exist in the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. This is where I'm changing it.

Noctella is sent on a mission to investigate reported sightings of the Lightweaver's Emperor. While on the mission, the common dragons begin to see her as a deity, with the major factor contributing to that being that they've never seen such a powerful dragon before. This inspires Noctella, who begins practicing the magic of one of the Forbidden Elements: Time. The Time magic eventually begins to transform her appearance, and when Lightweaver finds out about Noctella and the Forbidden Element, Noctella escapes into the world, becoming known as Timebender. From that point on, her entire lore is the struggle to hide from Lightweaver, who wishes to destroy the new deity, and to expand and control a new Flight that is rising to power.

On a side note, the Forbidden Elements are all those elements in The Runestones of the Arcanist which do not have a flight (poison, time, etc.). These elements had flights, back during the creation of the world. However, those deities turned to the Shade, causing their flights to lose their elemental status. The deities of the remaining flights removed them from the legends and histories of Sornieth, so as not to spread bad influences within their own flights. However, there are scrolls containing information about these former flights in Arcanist's possession.

While she is investigating the Emperor rumors, Noctella (Timebender) meets a thief, who somehow managed to sneak past the guards and steal the Time scroll. This dragon, who is later found out to have been Shade-touched, sells the scroll to Noctella, which, combined with the impression she has on common (non-Exalted) dragons, leads her to begin the practice of Time magic.

(If you're wondering why the Time banner doesn't have gold like in Runestones of the Arcanist, it's because the element was "rediscovered". Also, I'm planning for Signum [in the WIP tab in my lair] to be the one that sells her the Time scroll, but that can always change.)
@Amberfeather

Sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier. I think Parallel Present is a great name, I'll update that. Also, I love what you have for the Indigenous Lifeforms, I'll add that to the Region Information too.

As for the lore, I'm thinking there should be at least one story about the creation of the deity and the Flight. For the rest, I imagine it to be similar to the Bounty of the Elements series, with possibly a Tempus dragon as the main character? Though I haven't gotten much farther than that with lore planning. You can reference anything from Timebender's personal lore in her bio, though that's a bit outdated and I'm planning to rewrite that.

You don't have to reference her lore, but if you do decide to reference her lore, the new version will be pretty much the same. She still starts out as a Skydancer named Noctella, trains to be Exalted, and becomes one of Lightweaver's most trusted advisors as well as one of the most powerful Exalted dragons to exist in the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. This is where I'm changing it.

Noctella is sent on a mission to investigate reported sightings of the Lightweaver's Emperor. While on the mission, the common dragons begin to see her as a deity, with the major factor contributing to that being that they've never seen such a powerful dragon before. This inspires Noctella, who begins practicing the magic of one of the Forbidden Elements: Time. The Time magic eventually begins to transform her appearance, and when Lightweaver finds out about Noctella and the Forbidden Element, Noctella escapes into the world, becoming known as Timebender. From that point on, her entire lore is the struggle to hide from Lightweaver, who wishes to destroy the new deity, and to expand and control a new Flight that is rising to power.

On a side note, the Forbidden Elements are all those elements in The Runestones of the Arcanist which do not have a flight (poison, time, etc.). These elements had flights, back during the creation of the world. However, those deities turned to the Shade, causing their flights to lose their elemental status. The deities of the remaining flights removed them from the legends and histories of Sornieth, so as not to spread bad influences within their own flights. However, there are scrolls containing information about these former flights in Arcanist's possession.

While she is investigating the Emperor rumors, Noctella (Timebender) meets a thief, who somehow managed to sneak past the guards and steal the Time scroll. This dragon, who is later found out to have been Shade-touched, sells the scroll to Noctella, which, combined with the impression she has on common (non-Exalted) dragons, leads her to begin the practice of Time magic.

(If you're wondering why the Time banner doesn't have gold like in Runestones of the Arcanist, it's because the element was "rediscovered". Also, I'm planning for Signum [in the WIP tab in my lair] to be the one that sells her the Time scroll, but that can always change.)
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

I wanna join, and with this dragon:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=98940&tab=dragon&did=23471543
I wanna join, and with this dragon:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=98940&tab=dragon&did=23471543
1421_150px_starlight18_by_miirshroom-dbyz1qc.pngR3OpbRR.png
R3OpbRR.png[/img]
SuYkYP9.png
tumblr_op6tymvBq91wo8ivwo1_100.gif[/url]
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
@GhostQueen13
Alright, I'll add you! ^^
@GhostQueen13
Alright, I'll add you! ^^
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

@GalacticExplorer

Question: I'd like more information about Lightweaver's Emperor for the story, please. Do you mean Emperor as a title or is he actually an emperor dragon? If it's just a title, then do you have any idea as to what species he might be? Also, I might have accidentally taken your information about him in a different context. by "Lightweaver's Emperor" I assumed he was a powerful figure in the army. But then I re-read it and saw "reported sightings" and now I feel confused as to if Noctella is sent to track down a powerful missing commander of the army or if she is supposed to track down an Emperor dragon so that it can be disposed of? I've almost got the origin story for the Timebender and her flight done, but I may need to make some tweaks to the story depending on what exactly the Emperor's role in the story is.
@GalacticExplorer

Question: I'd like more information about Lightweaver's Emperor for the story, please. Do you mean Emperor as a title or is he actually an emperor dragon? If it's just a title, then do you have any idea as to what species he might be? Also, I might have accidentally taken your information about him in a different context. by "Lightweaver's Emperor" I assumed he was a powerful figure in the army. But then I re-read it and saw "reported sightings" and now I feel confused as to if Noctella is sent to track down a powerful missing commander of the army or if she is supposed to track down an Emperor dragon so that it can be disposed of? I've almost got the origin story for the Timebender and her flight done, but I may need to make some tweaks to the story depending on what exactly the Emperor's role in the story is.
JGB1EvW.png
q9EEy5M.png
@Amberfeather

It's pretty much supposed to line up with the canon lore. Right now, the Lightweaver's Emperor is a reference to the BotE story Raising A Family. Because the Emperor in that story is currently the only known Emperor, it was given the title Lightweaver's Emperor due to false rumors originating from the Shadow Flight that it was created by Lightweaver herself rather than forming from dead Imperials.

Of course, there is also an alternative idea. In the event that the BotE stories are continued in a way that doesn't match Time Flight lore, the Lightweaver's Emperor will become a seven-headed Emperor, the most powerful Emperor known to exist. Of course, nobody in the Beacon of the Radiant Eye has actually seen the Emperor yet, so for all they know it could just be a rumor.

So basically, if the BotE stories get updated, the Lightweaver's Emperor will be a reference to a seven-headed Emperor, which came into being years after the BotE stories take place, but everything else about the idea will remain the same.
@Amberfeather

It's pretty much supposed to line up with the canon lore. Right now, the Lightweaver's Emperor is a reference to the BotE story Raising A Family. Because the Emperor in that story is currently the only known Emperor, it was given the title Lightweaver's Emperor due to false rumors originating from the Shadow Flight that it was created by Lightweaver herself rather than forming from dead Imperials.

Of course, there is also an alternative idea. In the event that the BotE stories are continued in a way that doesn't match Time Flight lore, the Lightweaver's Emperor will become a seven-headed Emperor, the most powerful Emperor known to exist. Of course, nobody in the Beacon of the Radiant Eye has actually seen the Emperor yet, so for all they know it could just be a rumor.

So basically, if the BotE stories get updated, the Lightweaver's Emperor will be a reference to a seven-headed Emperor, which came into being years after the BotE stories take place, but everything else about the idea will remain the same.
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 30