Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [personal lore: don't post]
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/tL5YF8w/refugesmall.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/67e4803852c3537ce3760db876ccb220/tumblr_inline_o23f14aTxf1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [size=2][color=#937454][i][b]A respite from the dangers crawling across Sornieth.[/b][/i][/color] [color=#7a6149]There is no place in Dragonhome quite like the Highreach Valley. The Pillar of the World can be seen a week's flight away, where the tall mountain chain gives way to a narrow little path between this small region and the rest of the world. This place is almost like a little heaven tucked into the very small piece of land past the mountains, the only point where the mountains bordering the ocean do not immediately cut down into the water. Almost none venture this far outside of more populated areas; the route through the mountain chain is treacherous, and many more die than make their way properly through. It is here where those dragons desperate enough to find a safe home go. With a mildly flourishing ecosystem, self-sustainability, and safe places for shelter, the reward is great. Only those dragons who have a fate worse than death on the other side of the mountains, however, tend to make the trek to this small corner of Dragonhome. A few dragons are scattered, living the lives of hermits, but even solitary dragons must find somewhere to stay when even this region becomes dangerous. These dragons go to Refuge.[/color]
refugesmall.png
tumblr_inline_o23f14aTxf1r3lvtf_500.png
A respite from the dangers crawling across Sornieth.

There is no place in Dragonhome quite like the Highreach Valley. The Pillar of the World can be seen a week's flight away, where the tall mountain chain gives way to a narrow little path between this small region and the rest of the world. This place is almost like a little heaven tucked into the very small piece of land past the mountains, the only point where the mountains bordering the ocean do not immediately cut down into the water. Almost none venture this far outside of more populated areas; the route through the mountain chain is treacherous, and many more die than make their way properly through.

It is here where those dragons desperate enough to find a safe home go. With a mildly flourishing ecosystem, self-sustainability, and safe places for shelter, the reward is great. Only those dragons who have a fate worse than death on the other side of the mountains, however, tend to make the trek to this small corner of Dragonhome. A few dragons are scattered, living the lives of hermits, but even solitary dragons must find somewhere to stay when even this region becomes dangerous.

These dragons go to Refuge.
iora5small.png x sigg2.png x
earthanim3.gif
exceed - they/them
art -- adopts
HEADER REGION [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/67e4803852c3537ce3760db876ccb220/tumblr_inline_o23f14aTxf1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [size=2][color=#514030][b]Refuge[/b] is a humble abode, less of a clan and more of a settlement. Due to the inherent difficulty of reaching this small stretch of land, its population rarely grows. Everyone knows each other in some familiar way, and newcomers are welcomed warily, at first, before they are proven trustworthy and are therefore opened up to. Whether one is deemed trustworthy or not is often decided by one of the original dragons that came upon this corner of Dragonhome; Lucerna, the keener eyed out of her and her mate Avisa. She does not tolerate those that might bring strife to Refuge, and casts them out immediately before any trouble may come of their arrival. Similarly, she looks upon the hermits of the Highreach Valley with a gimlet eye, ever vigilant of their possible troubles. Most, after all, have a reason to flee this far. [b]Even[/b] with the combined population of Refuge and the various hermits, the Highreach Valley remains firmly in the grip of the wilds. Beastclan, able to tough out the mountain reaches and paths far better than most dragons, have a decent population here, mostly of harpies, Talonok, Longneck, and various Maren groups that reside along the Gypsum Bluffs. The relationship between Beastclan and dragons in the Valley is cautiously friendly; one or two of the hermits are welcome in their groups, just as one Fae that resides in Refuge is, and there is thought to be one hermit that has been taken in by the Maren. Despite this, tempers may flare, especially between the informal heads of Refuge and any Beastclan due to Avisa and Lucerna's preconceptions of the Beastclan races, but peace has remained even with the occasional struggles. [b]Within[/b] Refuge itself, the loose group of dragons are a combination of family and friends, working together to keep the little settlement going while using their free time to roam and do what they love. Refuge is lead by two former Light Flight nobles, Avisa (the former Lady of the Pale Steppes) and Lucerna (former Lady of the Hewn City), and so far they have managed the settlement fairly and kindly. They balance each other out perfectly; Avisa is overly trusting and warm, while Lucerna is wary and distanced from most. Together, they ensure the safety of those dragons residing in Refuge, and welcome in the hermits and newcomers that have managed to make it into the area. [b]That[/b] isn't to say that the Highreach Valley is completely benign, however. Some dragons are still hunted by whatever demons they have fled, and these demons may stop at nothing to get to who they're pursuing. Many dragons, despite the fact that they have not been found so far, are ever wary of that possible fate. [b]No[/b] matter the danger, however, Refuge is always open to all who need solace. [/color] [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/67e4803852c3537ce3760db876ccb220/tumblr_inline_o23f14aTxf1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [color=#514030][size=2][b]Welcome to Refuge![/b] This is the thread that I am using to expand on my own lore + my own little created region, and it is where everything will go that is not in the bios of my own dragons. It is also where I will be crafting little stories if I see fit and where I can carve out my own little home in the Flight Rising lore mountain. [center] [img]https://i.ibb.co/3pmvxG9/4.png[/img][/center] [color=#514030][size=2][b]Refuge[/b] is a settlement for those that have fled something in their lives, often something big, since they have crossed the mountains. As you will find, some have fled for simpler reasons than others; little Virgil is possibly the only dragon that hasn't been hunted and fled on purpose in order to get there, as he was adopted into a harpy clan that was migrating through the mountains and stumbled into the Highreach Valley during a snowstorm. Avisa and Lucerna fled to escape corruption in Light nobility and eloped, while Iora keeps her past from all...one's past is often glazed over, as long as they are deemed trustworthy. It is a relatively simple life, but it is what these dragons prefer.[/size][/color] [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/67e4803852c3537ce3760db876ccb220/tumblr_inline_o23f14aTxf1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#514030][size=4][b]Table of Contents[/b][/size][/color] [color=#514030][size=2][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626979#post_2626979]Introduction . . . . . . . . . . .01[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626979#post_37607838]About . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 02[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626979#post_37607842]Geography & Locations . . . 03[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626979#post_37607844]Dragons of Refuge . . . . . . 04[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626979#post_37607846]Hermits of the Valley . . . . .05[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626979#post_37607849]Stories + Art Gallery . . . . . 06[/url][/center]
HEADER REGION
Refuge is a humble abode, less of a clan and more of a settlement. Due to the inherent difficulty of reaching this small stretch of land, its population rarely grows. Everyone knows each other in some familiar way, and newcomers are welcomed warily, at first, before they are proven trustworthy and are therefore opened up to. Whether one is deemed trustworthy or not is often decided by one of the original dragons that came upon this corner of Dragonhome; Lucerna, the keener eyed out of her and her mate Avisa. She does not tolerate those that might bring strife to Refuge, and casts them out immediately before any trouble may come of their arrival. Similarly, she looks upon the hermits of the Highreach Valley with a gimlet eye, ever vigilant of their possible troubles. Most, after all, have a reason to flee this far.

Even with the combined population of Refuge and the various hermits, the Highreach Valley remains firmly in the grip of the wilds. Beastclan, able to tough out the mountain reaches and paths far better than most dragons, have a decent population here, mostly of harpies, Talonok, Longneck, and various Maren groups that reside along the Gypsum Bluffs. The relationship between Beastclan and dragons in the Valley is cautiously friendly; one or two of the hermits are welcome in their groups, just as one Fae that resides in Refuge is, and there is thought to be one hermit that has been taken in by the Maren. Despite this, tempers may flare, especially between the informal heads of Refuge and any Beastclan due to Avisa and Lucerna's preconceptions of the Beastclan races, but peace has remained even with the occasional struggles.

Within Refuge itself, the loose group of dragons are a combination of family and friends, working together to keep the little settlement going while using their free time to roam and do what they love. Refuge is lead by two former Light Flight nobles, Avisa (the former Lady of the Pale Steppes) and Lucerna (former Lady of the Hewn City), and so far they have managed the settlement fairly and kindly. They balance each other out perfectly; Avisa is overly trusting and warm, while Lucerna is wary and distanced from most. Together, they ensure the safety of those dragons residing in Refuge, and welcome in the hermits and newcomers that have managed to make it into the area.

That isn't to say that the Highreach Valley is completely benign, however. Some dragons are still hunted by whatever demons they have fled, and these demons may stop at nothing to get to who they're pursuing. Many dragons, despite the fact that they have not been found so far, are ever wary of that possible fate.

No matter the danger, however, Refuge is always open to all who need solace.

Welcome to Refuge! This is the thread that I am using to expand on my own lore + my own little created region, and it is where everything will go that is not in the bios of my own dragons. It is also where I will be crafting little stories if I see fit and where I can carve out my own little home in the Flight Rising lore mountain.
4.png
Refuge is a settlement for those that have fled something in their lives, often something big, since they have crossed the mountains. As you will find, some have fled for simpler reasons than others; little Virgil is possibly the only dragon that hasn't been hunted and fled on purpose in order to get there, as he was adopted into a harpy clan that was migrating through the mountains and stumbled into the Highreach Valley during a snowstorm. Avisa and Lucerna fled to escape corruption in Light nobility and eloped, while Iora keeps her past from all...one's past is often glazed over, as long as they are deemed trustworthy.

It is a relatively simple life, but it is what these dragons prefer.
earthanim3.gif
exceed - they/them
art -- adopts
geography & locations [img]https://i.imgur.com/MdNOXwf.png[/img] [b]The Highreach Valley --[/b] The greater region depicted on the map. The various subregions within vary enough to have their own names, but as a general rule, the Highreach Valley has a stable, comfortable climate for most of the year other than winter. The temperature is often mild, somewhat cool, and due to a prevailing wind from the west, rain falls on this side of the mountain and results in a decently lush land. Portions of the Valley are forest, while others have tall grasses, but some portions get less rain than others, and so some areas might have merely a scattering of grass and some bushes. Beastclan tend to populate any area where they might thrive, and so they can be found anywhere from where the land meets the sea to the closest mountains. Prey is plentiful and plants abound here, despite the frigid winter climate. Winter is toughest in these lands; none but the capable tend to survive, and this is when hermits either shelter with capable Beastclan or with Refuge. Thankfully, the rest of the year is good enough that stores of food can be used in these tough times to great effect, even with the slightly increased population. - [img]https://i.imgur.com/KohdR7O.png[/img] [b]The Gypsum Bluffs --[/b] The Gypsum Bluffs are the border between the rest of the Highreach Valley and the sea, shining white stone cutting straight down into the rolling sea meters below. This border region also covers the rare places where the land slopes gently enough to create beaches where the Maren come ashore to trade as well as where the mountains surrounding the Valley cut down into the water far sharper than the Bluffs ever do. Other than occasional rocks jutting out of the water, the sight of the ocean beyond is unbroken during the stunning sunsets. It is by far the most picturesque place in the Valley, matched only by the soaring peaks of the Shatterbone Mountains. - [img]https://i.imgur.com/xXvSUwU.png[/img] [b]The Jade Forest --[/b] words - [img]https://i.imgur.com/kjhYrjo.png[/img] [b]The Peridot Fields --[/b] Grassy and alive, the Peridot Fields are the barrier between the Jade Forest and the Sunstone Expanse, little mountain streams and the Lapis River cutting straight across and winding into the forest. Nothing is particularly notable about this region other than its ability to support great amounts of wildlife and how Beastclan congregate where the it and the Lapis River meet the forest. - [img]https://i.imgur.com/z6pmFRq.png[/img] [b]The Lapis River --[/b] The only sizable source of freshwater other than the streams crisscrossing the valley, the Lapis River breathes life into the land as a whole and rejuvenates all who cross it. It acts as a home for animals, a way of transportation to the sea, and allows the Beastclan to stay in one spot instead of roaming to wherever suited them the best. In winter, the river all the way past the forest freezes up, leaving those who need water to either break the ice and take the water underneath or to resort to underground streams or the odd hidden hotspring, leaving Refuge as the place with the easiest wintertime access to fresh water. The Lapis River flows into the Aquamarine Sea, shining with the rays of the setting sun every evening. - [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZSYPjY6.png[/img] [b]Harpy's Perch -- [/b] At a vantage point far above the expanse of the Valley lies Harpy's Perch, a section of carved stone jutting out from the sides of select landforms in the Shatterbone Mountains. The harpies of the Highreach Valley congregate here when they do not have business below or abroad, and it is common to see them wheeling about when they do not have to approach other Beastclan, any dragons of the valley, or go and aid or communicate with other harpy clans. For the rare dragon that is able to make their way up to this point and can communicate peacefully with the harpies, it is a dangerous vantage point full of both wonders and the watchful eyes of those that are not their kind. - [img]https://i.imgur.com/yLxdYmk.png[/img] [b]The Sunstone Expanse --[/b] The Sunstone Expanse is the type of land that one may expect to find when traversing Dragonhome, all cracked earth and near-desert. Don't let this visible scarcity fool you, though; it is a diverse environment, shrubs and the rare tree breaking up the landscape in the try region sheltered by the mountains. Prey can be found here, although they often escape underground during the cold nights, and it provides an easily quiet region for the inhabitants of Refuge to hide from the Beastclan and hermits of the Valley due to the perceived lack of prey. The Expanse has a beauty all of its own, for those willing to seek out the cracked earth near the mountains, and it brings solace to those of Refuge just as much as it provides an invisible shield. - [img]https://i.imgur.com/sgd62QD.png[/img] [b]Refuge --[/b] A small settlement sheltered by the mountains and in the innermost region of the Sunstone Expanse. It is one of the furthest places from the mountain pass, mostly for safety, and they are almost certainly safe. Dug out of the mountain itself, the bulk of Refuge happens to be a series of tunnels and caves that most of the dragons prefer to being out in the open expanse. Despite the low population, the caves are extensive; books from the Sunbeam Ruins abound in the huge library they have, supplied with books that Beastclan ferry over near every season but winter, and when snow piles up outside, their extensive food storage and abundance of materials allows for boredom to be staved off. Founded by Avisa and Lucerna, this is a home open to all who need it.
geography & locations

MdNOXwf.png

The Highreach Valley -- The greater region depicted on the map. The various subregions within vary enough to have their own names, but as a general rule, the Highreach Valley has a stable, comfortable climate for most of the year other than winter. The temperature is often mild, somewhat cool, and due to a prevailing wind from the west, rain falls on this side of the mountain and results in a decently lush land. Portions of the Valley are forest, while others have tall grasses, but some portions get less rain than others, and so some areas might have merely a scattering of grass and some bushes. Beastclan tend to populate any area where they might thrive, and so they can be found anywhere from where the land meets the sea to the closest mountains. Prey is plentiful and plants abound here, despite the frigid winter climate.

Winter is toughest in these lands; none but the capable tend to survive, and this is when hermits either shelter with capable Beastclan or with Refuge. Thankfully, the rest of the year is good enough that stores of food can be used in these tough times to great effect, even with the slightly increased population.

-

KohdR7O.png

The Gypsum Bluffs -- The Gypsum Bluffs are the border between the rest of the Highreach Valley and the sea, shining white stone cutting straight down into the rolling sea meters below. This border region also covers the rare places where the land slopes gently enough to create beaches where the Maren come ashore to trade as well as where the mountains surrounding the Valley cut down into the water far sharper than the Bluffs ever do. Other than occasional rocks jutting out of the water, the sight of the ocean beyond is unbroken during the stunning sunsets. It is by far the most picturesque place in the Valley, matched only by the soaring peaks of the Shatterbone Mountains.

-

xXvSUwU.png

The Jade Forest -- words

-

kjhYrjo.png

The Peridot Fields -- Grassy and alive, the Peridot Fields are the barrier between the Jade Forest and the Sunstone Expanse, little mountain streams and the Lapis River cutting straight across and winding into the forest. Nothing is particularly notable about this region other than its ability to support great amounts of wildlife and how Beastclan congregate where the it and the Lapis River meet the forest.

-

z6pmFRq.png

The Lapis River -- The only sizable source of freshwater other than the streams crisscrossing the valley, the Lapis River breathes life into the land as a whole and rejuvenates all who cross it. It acts as a home for animals, a way of transportation to the sea, and allows the Beastclan to stay in one spot instead of roaming to wherever suited them the best. In winter, the river all the way past the forest freezes up, leaving those who need water to either break the ice and take the water underneath or to resort to underground streams or the odd hidden hotspring, leaving Refuge as the place with the easiest wintertime access to fresh water. The Lapis River flows into the Aquamarine Sea, shining with the rays of the setting sun every evening.

-

ZSYPjY6.png

Harpy's Perch -- At a vantage point far above the expanse of the Valley lies Harpy's Perch, a section of carved stone jutting out from the sides of select landforms in the Shatterbone Mountains. The harpies of the Highreach Valley congregate here when they do not have business below or abroad, and it is common to see them wheeling about when they do not have to approach other Beastclan, any dragons of the valley, or go and aid or communicate with other harpy clans.

For the rare dragon that is able to make their way up to this point and can communicate peacefully with the harpies, it is a dangerous vantage point full of both wonders and the watchful eyes of those that are not their kind.

-

yLxdYmk.png

The Sunstone Expanse -- The Sunstone Expanse is the type of land that one may expect to find when traversing Dragonhome, all cracked earth and near-desert. Don't let this visible scarcity fool you, though; it is a diverse environment, shrubs and the rare tree breaking up the landscape in the try region sheltered by the mountains. Prey can be found here, although they often escape underground during the cold nights, and it provides an easily quiet region for the inhabitants of Refuge to hide from the Beastclan and hermits of the Valley due to the perceived lack of prey. The Expanse has a beauty all of its own, for those willing to seek out the cracked earth near the mountains, and it brings solace to those of Refuge just as much as it provides an invisible shield.

-

sgd62QD.png

Refuge -- A small settlement sheltered by the mountains and in the innermost region of the Sunstone Expanse. It is one of the furthest places from the mountain pass, mostly for safety, and they are almost certainly safe. Dug out of the mountain itself, the bulk of Refuge happens to be a series of tunnels and caves that most of the dragons prefer to being out in the open expanse. Despite the low population, the caves are extensive; books from the Sunbeam Ruins abound in the huge library they have, supplied with books that Beastclan ferry over near every season but winter, and when snow piles up outside, their extensive food storage and abundance of materials allows for boredom to be staved off. Founded by Avisa and Lucerna, this is a home open to all who need it.
earthanim3.gif
exceed - they/them
art -- adopts
----- ----- [columns][item=Earthshaker Stone Statue][nextcol][color=transparent]x[/color][nextcol][color=#664f3b][size=5]Dragons of Refuge[/size][/color] [color=#7a6149]Those that have decided to stay within the home that Avisa and Lucerna have constructed. Once they have Lucerna's approval, these dragons are free to roam where they wish as long as they respect privacy; the same easy permission is not extended to the hermits of the Valley.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43971418][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/439715/43971418p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43971418][b]Avisa[/b][/url] • [i]lawful good[/i] [size=2]Refuge co-leader. Former Lady of the Pale Steppes. Warm, kind, and welcoming. A lady that leads with her heart instead of her mind. Mate of Lucerna.[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47418042][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/474181/47418042p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47418042][b]Virgil[/b][/url] • [i]chaotic good[/i] [size=2]Former ward of the Highreach Valley harpies and current soft ward of Refuge. Friends with Eka and pretty much everyone. Curious, quiet, clever.[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48167321][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/481674/48167321p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48167321][b]Cassius[/b][/url] • [i]lawful neutral[/i] [size=2]Perhaps a divine being, perhaps a wandering dragon, but he has found his way to Refuge. Friend of Iora and romantically interested in Nerva.[/size][/columns] [nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44420814][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/444209/44420814p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44420814][b]Lucerna[/b][/url] • [i]true neutral[/i] [size=2]Refuge co-leader. Former Lady of the Hewn City. Cautious, snappish, wary. A lady that leads with her mind instead of her heart. Mate of Avisa.[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47752874][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/477529/47752874p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47752874][b]Iora[/b][/url] • [i]neutral evil[/i] [size=2]A snappish, skittish Pearlcatcher running from her past. They have a hair-trigger and are not to be messed with. Close with Lucerna and Cassius.[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48234749][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/482348/48234749p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48234749][b]Nerva[/b][/url] • [i]neutral good[/i] [size=2]An aspiring mapmaker that is hiding from the rest of Dragonhome due to the theft of many map-related items and relics. Mild-mannered, easy-going.[/size][/columns][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48113034][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/481131/48113034p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48113034][b]???[/b][/url] • [i]???[/i] [size=2]A blind dragon who refuses to share their demons. Easily amused, mature, and is commonly found with Virgil who is a joyous friend and maybe-child.[/size][/columns] ----- [columns][item=Prairie Polearm][nextcol][color=transparent]x[/color][nextcol][color=#664f3b][size=5]Hermits of the Valley[/size][/color] [color=#7a6149]Those that, for one reason or another, distance themselves from Refuge and prefer to find companionship elsewhere, whether with the Beastclan or with eachother. Not trusted by Refuge, but welcomed all the same if they need help.[/color][/columns] [columns][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49007511][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/490076/49007511p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49007511][b]Alcyone[/b][/url] • [i]lawful good[/i] [size=2]Creature born of the stars and sea, the prize jewel of the Maren clans just off the coast. Rarely comes to shore. Ambassador from the Maren to Refuge and other Beastclan.[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46487059][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/464871/46487059p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46487059][b]Hestia[/b][/url] • [i]chaotic neutral[/i] [size=2]Hot-tempered and flighty. Former resident of the Southern Icefield with her mate Khione, and ran a very illegal operation until the Icewarden found out and they had to flee.[/size][/columns][nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48068215][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/480683/48068215p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48068215][b]Eka[/b][/url] • [i]lawful neutral[/i] [size=2]Skittish and shy Pearlcatcher that was in the same clan as Iora that exploited and trained them. Doesn't trust Iora- or Refuge, since Iora is there. Friend of Virgil.[/size][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28394397][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/283944/28394397p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28394397][b]Khione[/b][/url] • [i]true neutral[/i] [size=2]Even-tempered and calculating. In the same boat as her mate, Hestia. Of the two, she is the one that is easier to talk and bargain with, and is a buffer between Hestia and the rest of the world.[/size][/columns][/columns] ----- ----- [right][size=1][color=#9494A9]template by [/color][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2237425]Disillusionist (254672)[/url][/size][/right]

Earthshaker Stone Statue x Dragons of Refuge
Those that have decided to stay within the home that Avisa and Lucerna have constructed. Once they have Lucerna's approval, these dragons are free to roam where they wish as long as they respect privacy; the same easy permission is not extended to the hermits of the Valley.
43971418p.png Avisalawful good
Refuge co-leader. Former Lady of the Pale Steppes. Warm, kind, and welcoming. A lady that leads with her heart instead of her mind. Mate of Lucerna.
47418042p.png Virgilchaotic good
Former ward of the Highreach Valley harpies and current soft ward of Refuge. Friends with Eka and pretty much everyone. Curious, quiet, clever.
48167321p.png Cassiuslawful neutral
Perhaps a divine being, perhaps a wandering dragon, but he has found his way to Refuge. Friend of Iora and romantically interested in Nerva.
44420814p.png Lucernatrue neutral
Refuge co-leader. Former Lady of the Hewn City. Cautious, snappish, wary. A lady that leads with her mind instead of her heart. Mate of Avisa.
47752874p.png Ioraneutral evil
A snappish, skittish Pearlcatcher running from her past. They have a hair-trigger and are not to be messed with. Close with Lucerna and Cassius.
48234749p.png Nervaneutral good
An aspiring mapmaker that is hiding from the rest of Dragonhome due to the theft of many map-related items and relics. Mild-mannered, easy-going.
48113034p.png ??????
A blind dragon who refuses to share
their demons. Easily amused, mature,
and is commonly found with Virgil
who is a joyous friend and maybe-child.

Prairie Polearm x Hermits of the Valley
Those that, for one reason or another, distance themselves from Refuge and prefer to find companionship elsewhere, whether with the Beastclan or with eachother. Not trusted by Refuge, but welcomed all the same if they need help.
49007511p.png Alcyonelawful good
Creature born of the stars and sea, the prize jewel of the Maren clans just off the coast. Rarely comes to shore. Ambassador from the Maren to Refuge and other Beastclan.
46487059p.png Hestiachaotic neutral
Hot-tempered and flighty. Former resident of the Southern Icefield with her mate Khione, and ran a very illegal operation until the Icewarden found out and they had to flee.
48068215p.png Ekalawful neutral
Skittish and shy Pearlcatcher that was in the same clan as Iora that exploited and trained them. Doesn't trust Iora- or Refuge, since Iora is there. Friend of Virgil.
28394397p.png Khionetrue neutral
Even-tempered and calculating. In the same boat as her mate, Hestia. Of the two, she is the one that is easier to talk and bargain with, and is a buffer between Hestia and the rest of the world.

earthanim3.gif
exceed - they/them
art -- adopts
x
x
earthanim3.gif
exceed - they/them
art -- adopts
links to stories & snippets + art gallery bio [br] [columns] [nextcol][right][color=#a39b8f][b]?[/b] [color=#C9C0B1]⌊ [font=sitka banner][color=#4D3F2C][size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626979]refuge[/url][/b][/size][/color][/font] ⌉ [color=#a39b8f][font=sitka banner][size=3][i][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2310803/1]art[/url] » [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/2446505]adopts[/url][/i][/size][/font][/color]  [/right] [center][color=#C9C0B1]????????????????????????????[/color][/center] [columns][item=earthshaker stone statue] [nextcol][size=2][font=calibri][color=#4D3F2C]Fleeing from their old lives as nobles in Light, two dragons have settled down in Dragonhome to rebuild, gathering a few odd dragons close to them with every day. Somehow, they've found themselves at the head of something resembling a clan; and is that so bad, really? It's a chance for them all to start anew, keeping the peace and opening establishments in the corner of the region they now call home.[/color][/font][/size][/columns] [center][color=#C9C0B1]????????????????????????????[/color][/center] [columns]  [color=#C9C0B1]⌊ [font=sitka banner][color=#4D3F2C][size=3][b]about me[/b][/size][/color][/font] ⌉[/color] [size=1][color=transparent]_[/color][/size] [size=2][font=calibri][color=#4D3F2C]Welcome! I'm Exceed- [b][i]they/them[/i][/b] pronouns, thank you very much- and I'm very glad to be here in Earth now that the new year has begun. I draw, write, worldbuild- a fountain of creativity until my cat gets in the way. Gosh, she's such a pain, but she's so great.[/color][/font][/size] [nextcol][item=stag figurine][/columns] [center][color=#C9C0B1]????????????????????????????[/color][/center] [columns][item=stone knife] [nextcol] [color=#C9C0B1]⌊ [font=sitka banner][color=#4D3F2C][size=3][b]other notes[/b][/size][/color][/font] ⌉[/color] [size=1][color=transparent]_[/color][/size] [size=2][font=calibri][color=#4D3F2C]» started in wind aug 2017, moved to light june-ish 2018, moved to earth jan 1 2019 » any dragon without a familiar is set to be sold or exalted » don't send me friend requests » to staff: i switch places often in a single day [/columns] [center][size=2][font=calibri][color=#4D3F2C][b][i]"if you don't aim for the center, it's a waste of the art"[/i][/b][/color][/font][/size][/center] [size=1][color=transparent]_[/color][/size] [center][color=#C9C0B1]????????????????????????????[/color][/center] [columns][color=#C9C0B1]⌊ [font=sitka banner][color=#4D3F2C][size=3][b]wishlist / projects[/b][/size][/color][/font] ⌉[/color] [size=1][color=transparent]_[/color][/size] [size=2][font=calibri][color=#4D3F2C]» [s]skydancer scroll,[/s] [s]python,[/s] constellation, & [s]renaming scroll[/s] for yetikis » [s]laced, seraph, capsule, and permabab for goethite[/s] » the seven birds (1/7 obtained)[nextcol][item=Toridae Mythology][/columns] [size=1][color=transparent]_[/color][/size] [center][color=#C9C0B1]????????????????????????????[/color][/center] [nextcol] [/columns] [center][size=1][font=calibri][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=101073]code by epher #101073[/url]
links to stories & snippets + art gallery

bio

? refugeart » adopts  
????????????????????????????
Earthshaker Stone Statue Fleeing from their old lives as nobles in Light, two dragons have settled down in Dragonhome to rebuild, gathering a few odd dragons close to them with every day. Somehow, they've found themselves at the head of something resembling a clan; and is that so bad, really? It's a chance for them all to start anew, keeping the peace and opening establishments in the corner of the region they now call home.
  about me
_
Welcome! I'm Exceed- they/them pronouns, thank you very much- and I'm very glad to be here in Earth now that the new year has begun. I draw, write, worldbuild- a fountain of creativity until my cat gets in the way. Gosh, she's such a pain, but she's so great.
Stag Figurine
Stone Knife other notes
_
» started in wind aug 2017, moved to light june-ish 2018, moved to earth jan 1 2019
» any dragon without a familiar is set to be sold or exalted
» don't send me friend requests
» to staff: i switch places often in a single day
"if you don't aim for the center, it's a waste of the art"
_
wishlist / projects
_
» skydancer scroll, python, constellation, & renaming scroll for yetikis
» laced, seraph, capsule, and permabab for goethite
» the seven birds (1/7 obtained)
Toridae Mythology
_
earthanim3.gif
exceed - they/them
art -- adopts
RUNES FOR REFUGE + CASSIUS: [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/j14IFsM.gif[/img][nextcol][b][i]Balio[/i][/b] - Protection - [b]Balio[/b] can often be found carved into the door frames of Elven buildings such as homes and hospitals, as it protects from danger and disease. It is also cast over those leaving home. Carved [b]Balio [/b]runes must occasionally be renewed as they are known to fade, losing their protective ability over time. Its relative lunar flower is the Juniper. [b]Additional core meanings:[/b] Family, Home Safety[/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/UKDclmz.gif[/img][nextcol][b][i]Jovés[/i][/b] - Heavens - [b]Jovés[/b] is the most spiritual of the lunar runes, relating to the name of the path taken through the sky - Jovépas - into Evamonía, the Elven afterlife. It is commonly cast around ritual sites and engraved into religious objects, creating a connection between Earth and the Bliss. With skill, it can provide contact with those in Evamonía. It's relative lunar flower is the Dandelion. [b]Additional core meanings:[/b] Divine Path, Eternal[/columns] ----- art assets lighter posts: accent: #b2906e main: #7a6149 darker posts accent: #664f3b main: #514030 [center] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/e7fda572daf02c15cf4d94190ec03c98/tumblr_nr6ukadVAO1tm17oeo7_75sq.png[/img][img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/41c8618f06859bd132231b34376efd76/tumblr_nrdy5nG1mh1tm17oeo2_75sq.png[/img] [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/ecf6139d96f5822d1fde11ec2cabd433/tumblr_ntg0b0vTIv1tm17oeo5_75sq.png[/img] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/7a583bb9e7b976aa545b30e3c8167b7a/tumblr_nt4i2snl8i1tm17oeo5_75sq.png[/img] [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d54ba179b2482ae4e01df0eb5b3dcf73/tumblr_nt4i2snl8i1tm17oeo1_75sq.png[/img] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/d0b2335198667e9c6bca41ad625c4287/tumblr_nsof0lOjzX1tm17oeo6_75sq.png[/img] [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/e03d6b3bf2c62b66177bc23b3669a4c8/tumblr_nrdvijlD3K1tm17oeo6_75sq.png[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/67e4803852c3537ce3760db876ccb220/tumblr_inline_o23f14aTxf1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/efd67e07f4dfd7b19bc60324c98c3113/tumblr_nvb4xqYbv71uc01tdo5_640.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6c8955f5e38c799ffa4b373197cb8e26/tumblr_ofx9zsro1B1uc01tdo2_640.png[/img] [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/41c8618f06859bd132231b34376efd76/tumblr_nrdy5nG1mh1tm17oeo2_75sq.png[/img][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/26903847f2599a00247e43692337c214/tumblr_inline_nmt8sbrfzf1tp0s8u_75sq.gif[/img][img]https://orig15.deviantart.net/49ef/f/2015/130/f/4/harpey_zps125ficha_by_delamire-d8sw2u8.gif[/img][img]https://orig06.deviantart.net/82d9/f/2015/130/f/4/stag_zpsubskiwan_by_delamire-d8sw2w6.gif[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/earth_2.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/3pmvxG9/4.png[/img] [img]https://s17.postimg.cc/66nwxv4i7/A-_Lawful.png[/img][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/uaeom62en/A-_Neutral_2.png[/img][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/s5ubl1irj/A-_Chaotic.png[/img] [img]https://s17.postimg.cc/ec5yw05lr/A-_Good.png[/img][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/6w6pa8crj/A-neutral.png[/img][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/k0c9mw28f/A-_Evil.png[/img] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702/2 bio circles
RUNES FOR REFUGE + CASSIUS:
j14IFsM.gif Balio - Protection - Balio can often be found carved into the door frames of Elven buildings such as homes and hospitals, as it protects from danger and disease. It is also cast over those leaving home. Carved Balio runes must occasionally be renewed as they are known to fade, losing their protective ability over time. Its relative lunar flower is the Juniper.

Additional core meanings: Family, Home Safety
UKDclmz.gif Jovés - Heavens - Jovés is the most spiritual of the lunar runes, relating to the name of the path taken through the sky - Jovépas - into Evamonía, the Elven afterlife. It is commonly cast around ritual sites and engraved into religious objects, creating a connection between Earth and the Bliss. With skill, it can provide contact with those in Evamonía. It's relative lunar flower is the Dandelion.

Additional core meanings: Divine Path, Eternal

art assets

lighter posts:
accent: #b2906e
main: #7a6149

darker posts
accent: #664f3b
main: #514030

tumblr_nr6ukadVAO1tm17oeo7_75sq.pngtumblr_nrdy5nG1mh1tm17oeo2_75sq.png tumblr_ntg0b0vTIv1tm17oeo5_75sq.png tumblr_nt4i2snl8i1tm17oeo5_75sq.png tumblr_nt4i2snl8i1tm17oeo1_75sq.png tumblr_nsof0lOjzX1tm17oeo6_75sq.png tumblr_nrdvijlD3K1tm17oeo6_75sq.png

tumblr_nvb4xqYbv71uc01tdo5_640.png

tumblr_ofx9zsro1B1uc01tdo2_640.png

tumblr_nrdy5nG1mh1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nmt8sbrfzf1tp0s8u_75sq.gifharpey_zps125ficha_by_delamire-d8sw2u8.gifstag_zpsubskiwan_by_delamire-d8sw2w6.gifearth_2.png

4.png

A-_Lawful.pngA-_Neutral_2.pngA-_Chaotic.png

A-_Good.pngA-neutral.pngA-_Evil.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702/2 bio circles
earthanim3.gif
exceed - they/them
art -- adopts