Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | 365 day Art challenge (need suggestions)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
I want to try to do a 365 day drawing challenge, but I can't find any good 365 day drawing challenge prompts, so I figured why not just ask for some help?
I would love if anyone could suggest anything! The more prompts the better! Suggest more even if I'm done the challenge, I may want to do another!
I'm mostly interested in drawing fantasy creatures(dragons, griffons, mermaids, centaurs, etc.), but feel free to suggest anything at all!(as long as it's not some weird *cough cough*fetish art*cough cough*) I want to see how much my art can improve from start to finish!
I can post my drawings here! They may only be sketches, they may be finished digital art!
(I'll hopefully be starting February 1st 2019)

Prompts used:
Leviathan, Cross-quarter day, Wyvern, Close call, Odd gryphon, Capricorn vs. hippocampus, Bear..?, Abnormal centaur, Scarred, Hopeless lover, Beaty & grace, Big and small, A new beginning, Valentine's, Chunky, Apology, Eastern and Western, Pet, Sick, Arms, Stress, Hanging, Whispers, Hopeful, Rich, Scheduled, Large, Can I go?, Lazy day, Polite, Autumnal, Learning again, Cozy, A giraffe?, Winter diety, The Dragon Prince, That's not a gryphon, Spider, Grumpy, Freckles, Pals, Scars, Colour challenge, Bouquet, Cloudburst, Glasses, Cookies, Importance, Scary Barbarian!!, Delta Boötes, Spirit of Earth, Chimera, Raptorish, Io, Cigarette, A boy.., Please stop me, A hand, ;), Cactus, Sword and Elf, Expressions, A change?, A couple, Don't worry, Anxious, Little guys, Goat, First treasure,

Pinglist: @/Razatharia @/Sensei @/chantric @/Aralia @/Midnighthybrid @/XxNoodleNovaxX @/TemmieFlakes19 @/ShinyDecidueye @/Scenario @/Beany121
I want to try to do a 365 day drawing challenge, but I can't find any good 365 day drawing challenge prompts, so I figured why not just ask for some help?
I would love if anyone could suggest anything! The more prompts the better! Suggest more even if I'm done the challenge, I may want to do another!
I'm mostly interested in drawing fantasy creatures(dragons, griffons, mermaids, centaurs, etc.), but feel free to suggest anything at all!(as long as it's not some weird *cough cough*fetish art*cough cough*) I want to see how much my art can improve from start to finish!
I can post my drawings here! They may only be sketches, they may be finished digital art!
(I'll hopefully be starting February 1st 2019)

Prompts used:
Leviathan, Cross-quarter day, Wyvern, Close call, Odd gryphon, Capricorn vs. hippocampus, Bear..?, Abnormal centaur, Scarred, Hopeless lover, Beaty & grace, Big and small, A new beginning, Valentine's, Chunky, Apology, Eastern and Western, Pet, Sick, Arms, Stress, Hanging, Whispers, Hopeful, Rich, Scheduled, Large, Can I go?, Lazy day, Polite, Autumnal, Learning again, Cozy, A giraffe?, Winter diety, The Dragon Prince, That's not a gryphon, Spider, Grumpy, Freckles, Pals, Scars, Colour challenge, Bouquet, Cloudburst, Glasses, Cookies, Importance, Scary Barbarian!!, Delta Boötes, Spirit of Earth, Chimera, Raptorish, Io, Cigarette, A boy.., Please stop me, A hand, ;), Cactus, Sword and Elf, Expressions, A change?, A couple, Don't worry, Anxious, Little guys, Goat, First treasure,

Pinglist: @/Razatharia @/Sensei @/chantric @/Aralia @/Midnighthybrid @/XxNoodleNovaxX @/TemmieFlakes19 @/ShinyDecidueye @/Scenario @/Beany121
@woup How about a leviathan?
@woup How about a leviathan?
OjYCOIV.png
dT9HQge.png
mlHpBMC.png
GaxHqlg.png
@woup You could draw one each of the dragon wing/leg variants a day (eg. dragon, wyvern, amphithere, lindwurm, drake, etc.)
@woup You could draw one each of the dragon wing/leg variants a day (eg. dragon, wyvern, amphithere, lindwurm, drake, etc.)
wishlist
@ItachiUmbreon @VolcanicThunder ooh! I like those ideas! It looks like I have my first few days planned~!!
@ItachiUmbreon @VolcanicThunder ooh! I like those ideas! It looks like I have my first few days planned~!!
Maybe try making a gryphon out of a bird/feline that usually aren't used as one? The classic is eagle/hawk and lion, right? But what about a more unique bird/feline combo?
Bird ideas:
  • Crested Caracara
  • Bearded Vulture
  • White Crested Laughing Thrush
  • A Bird of Paradise, perhaps?
  • Robin
  • If you want to do something VERY different, try a Shoebill Stork or Cassowary

Feline ideas:
  • Caracal
  • Snow Leopard
  • Tiger
  • Lynx
  • Ocelot
  • Panther
  • Jaguar

You could even make a "pet" gryphon, by mixing a house-cat with something like a budgie, which is a pretty common pet as well :)

(I made a Cockatoo/Snow Leopard gryphon once, it's really fun to take different birds and cats and make a gryphon imo)
Maybe try making a gryphon out of a bird/feline that usually aren't used as one? The classic is eagle/hawk and lion, right? But what about a more unique bird/feline combo?
Bird ideas:
  • Crested Caracara
  • Bearded Vulture
  • White Crested Laughing Thrush
  • A Bird of Paradise, perhaps?
  • Robin
  • If you want to do something VERY different, try a Shoebill Stork or Cassowary

Feline ideas:
  • Caracal
  • Snow Leopard
  • Tiger
  • Lynx
  • Ocelot
  • Panther
  • Jaguar

You could even make a "pet" gryphon, by mixing a house-cat with something like a budgie, which is a pretty common pet as well :)

(I made a Cockatoo/Snow Leopard gryphon once, it's really fun to take different birds and cats and make a gryphon imo)
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
@Cyabella I thought of something similar a few month's ago, but I haven't been back to the concept since I first thought of it! This one should be a lot of fun!
@Cyabella I thought of something similar a few month's ago, but I haven't been back to the concept since I first thought of it! This one should be a lot of fun!
Day 1: Leviathan

day_1_by_ilovecows56_dcynp6n-pre.jpg

I'm not really sure what exactly classifies a levianthan, but I made this scaly lad with big ole teeth!
Day 1: Leviathan

day_1_by_ilovecows56_dcynp6n-pre.jpg

I'm not really sure what exactly classifies a levianthan, but I made this scaly lad with big ole teeth!
@woup

Also, could I be added to a pinglist for this? :)
@woup

Also, could I be added to a pinglist for this? :)
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
@woup

Prompt idea for day two: half way to spring! Today is the mile marker between the winter solstice and the spring equinox <3

Also please add me to a ping list for this! I’d love to see progress!
@woup

Prompt idea for day two: half way to spring! Today is the mile marker between the winter solstice and the spring equinox <3

Also please add me to a ping list for this! I’d love to see progress!
tsukikagesig_by_themonochromequeen-db8qstj.png
@woup I've heard of people doing monthly prompts, maybe they can be of some inspiration? Inktober is usually pretty popular, and I personally love 'MerMay' which is a mermaid a day through May c: Edit: found a list of prompts, there's several out there; [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/1dd2a634-b7b5-4fe0-a87d-6cdf9c2a4c0a/db5x7yf-b7f540ff-e5bb-4c56-a397-b19ebe5c9c46.jpg/v1/fill/w_758,h_1054,q_70,strp/mermay_prompts_by_jiko29_db5x7yf-pre.jpg[/img]
@woup

I've heard of people doing monthly prompts, maybe they can be of some inspiration? Inktober is usually pretty popular, and I personally love 'MerMay' which is a mermaid a day through May c:

Edit: found a list of prompts, there's several out there;

mermay_prompts_by_jiko29_db5x7yf-pre.jpg
Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19