Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LoW] Spiritual Possession
[center][item=Scary Storybook]Spiritual Possession[item=Scary Storybook] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48449426] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=48449426&skin=0&apparel=2970,332,26139,314,326,744,21864&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [i]It was an especially quiet night as Teremto made his way back to his lair. He had been away from the clan for too long. He longed for the familiar sight of lairs on poles, towering out over the dark pools that his clan has settled upon. A wanderer at heart, Teremto never stayed at his home clan for long. Whenever he got the urge, he wandered off, in search of new knowledge, new experiences. But tonight was different. A sudden longing for home had taken over him, and Teremto had hurried back. He was almost there now, just a little longer… But a shriek disturbed his thoughts and suddenly Teremto found himself face to face with a hatchling Guardian. It looked sickly, disturbingly so. Teremto decided that it could never be from his clan, Lotus would not let a hatchling wander off. So, what was it doing here? Before Teremto could do anything but stare at the small dragon, it shrieked again. A frail, but haunting sound that seemed to reverb through the night sky. As the Skydancer approached with caution, the Guardian’s head snapped towards him. Teremto was sure that, at that moment, he saw something rise up behind the hatchling. It disappeared as soon as it had shown itself, but Teremto knew enough. Against better judgment, he took the hatchling home with him...[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48620296] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=176&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=51&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=87ac55745902e9edc5455c57bda24f2d91b7ea57&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Welcome to my Legacy of War challenge! Originally made by Dreamnorn, I'm going to attempt this challenge in order to tell a story. You can find the original rules [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950]here[/url]. But, as this challenge is more about writing and less about winning, I've added some of my own rules to the mix. [quote=new rules] [LIST] [*]Every dragon in the family line must have Eldritch as their primary color. [*]There's a list of approved genes for the family line, other genes can't be used in the legacy. [*]The Disoriented Spirit will be passed on through generations. [*]After the next heir has been chosen, all other family members will face a 1d6 roll every time I write a thing. When it lands on a 4, the dragon dies. [*]There will be other characters too. They don't die. [/LIST] [/quote] Join me and hopefully we'll have a compelling story within 10 generations![/center]
Scary Storybook Spiritual Possession Scary Storybook

dragon?did=48449426&skin=0&apparel=2970,332,26139,314,326,744,21864&xt=dressing.png

It was an especially quiet night as Teremto made his way back to his lair. He had been away from the clan for too long. He longed for the familiar sight of lairs on poles, towering out over the dark pools that his clan has settled upon. A wanderer at heart, Teremto never stayed at his home clan for long. Whenever he got the urge, he wandered off, in search of new knowledge, new experiences. But tonight was different. A sudden longing for home had taken over him, and Teremto had hurried back. He was almost there now, just a little longer…
But a shriek disturbed his thoughts and suddenly Teremto found himself face to face with a hatchling Guardian. It looked sickly, disturbingly so. Teremto decided that it could never be from his clan, Lotus would not let a hatchling wander off. So, what was it doing here?
Before Teremto could do anything but stare at the small dragon, it shrieked again. A frail, but haunting sound that seemed to reverb through the night sky. As the Skydancer approached with caution, the Guardian’s head snapped towards him.
Teremto was sure that, at that moment, he saw something rise up behind the hatchling. It disappeared as soon as it had shown itself, but Teremto knew enough. Against better judgment, he took the hatchling home with him...

dragon?age=0&body=176&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=51&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=87ac55745902e9edc5455c57bda24f2d91b7ea57&dummyext=prev.png

Welcome to my Legacy of War challenge! Originally made by Dreamnorn, I'm going to attempt this challenge in order to tell a story. You can find the original rules here. But, as this challenge is more about writing and less about winning, I've added some of my own rules to the mix.
new rules wrote:
  • Every dragon in the family line must have Eldritch as their primary color.
  • There's a list of approved genes for the family line, other genes can't be used in the legacy.
  • The Disoriented Spirit will be passed on through generations.
  • After the next heir has been chosen, all other family members will face a 1d6 roll every time I write a thing. When it lands on a 4, the dragon dies.
  • There will be other characters too. They don't die.

Join me and hopefully we'll have a compelling story within 10 generations!
yG3lmc2.png a snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its right candle-smol.png
[center][b]Cast:[/b] [u]Legacy Family:[/u] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48449426] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=48449426&skin=0&apparel=2970,332,26139,314,326,744,21864&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][i]Teremto, the Skydancer struck with wanderlust. He takes Seeker home after finding him close to his home clan. Even though there's something wrong with the child, Teremto decided to adopt him.[/i][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48620296] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=176&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=51&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=87ac55745902e9edc5455c57bda24f2d91b7ea57&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][i]Seeker, a young hatchling that seems to be protected by something. Nobody knows where he's from.[/i][/columns] [u]Others:[/u] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48258967] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=48258967&skin=0&apparel=286,1154,24715,25860,288,289,287,950&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][i]Gaelfyre, leader of Clan Daire. He keeps an eye on Seeker and the strange apparition that he carries with him.[/i][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47557950] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=47557950&skin=0&apparel=590,2506,2565,5164,334,1098&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][i]Lotus, the hatchling caretaker. She knows everything about children, but isn't the best source of help you can get.[/i][/center]
Cast:

Legacy Family:

dragon?did=48449426&skin=0&apparel=2970,332,26139,314,326,744,21864&xt=dressing.png
Teremto, the Skydancer struck with wanderlust. He takes Seeker home after finding him close to his home clan. Even though there's something wrong with the child, Teremto decided to adopt him.

dragon?age=0&body=176&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=51&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=87ac55745902e9edc5455c57bda24f2d91b7ea57&dummyext=prev.png
Seeker, a young hatchling that seems to be protected by something. Nobody knows where he's from.

Others:

dragon?did=48258967&skin=0&apparel=286,1154,24715,25860,288,289,287,950&xt=dressing.png
Gaelfyre, leader of Clan Daire. He keeps an eye on Seeker and the strange apparition that he carries with him.

dragon?did=47557950&skin=0&apparel=590,2506,2565,5164,334,1098&xt=dressing.png
Lotus, the hatchling caretaker. She knows everything about children, but isn't the best source of help you can get.
yG3lmc2.png a snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its right candle-smol.png
Generation 1, Chapter 1

“He’s not one of mine.”
Lotus, the hatchling caretaker, didn’t even have to look at the hatchling in order to know whether or not he came from Daire. Teremto sighed. It wasn’t the answer he had been looking forward to, but it had been the one he expected to get. While he didn’t really like the Tundra in front of him, Lotus was the first one you’d ask for help when concerning hatchlings. “He seems unwell, do you have any idea what is ailing him?”, the Skydancer asked carefully. This time, Lotus did look at the young Guardian. “He doesn’t seem ill.”, she said flatly. “Try taking him to our leader, he might have an answer for you.”
Teremto nodded and thanked Lotus, who went back to caring for the multiple nests in the clan’s nesting grounds. “Come on little guy, we’re going to see the big dragon in charge here.”, he told the Guardian hatchling, who had been quietly following him ever since the two of them met. Teremto guided the little one over the bridges and wooden pathways towards the lair of Gaelfyre, leader of Clan Daire. It was late, but light was coming from the inside of Gaelfyre’s lair, so he had to be awake. Filled with nerves, the Skydancer entered, the Guardian trailing behind him.

“You’ve returned!”
While looking quite menacing, Gaelfyre joyously greeted Teremto as he entered. “Tell me, what have you experienced this time?” The Skydancer bowed his head slightly. “I’d love to tell you all about it, but I seem to be in quite the predicament right now.”, he replied. “I have found this hatchling near our borders, but Lotus says she’s not one of ours.” As soon as Teremto gently pushed the hatchling forward, Gaelfyre came closer to inspect him. Where other hatchlings easily got frightened of the large and colorful Bogsneak, this one didn’t move a muscle. And when Gaelfyre came even closer, the young one started hissing. Again, Teremto saw something float up from behind the kid. But this time, his leader was present, and he was visibly shocked at the sudden apparition. Again, the shadow disappeared as soon as it came, but it was the silence afterwards that made Teremto nervous.
After a while, Gaelfyre spoke up. “I have no idea where the little guy comes from, but he seems to be carrying something with him.”, he said. Teremto nervously nodded. “Right now, it doesn’t look too dangerous, it even seems to protect the young hatchling. So, I’ll allow him to stay. I’ll arrange a foster parent for him.” The Skydancer quickly shook his head. “If allowed, I’d like to take care of the child myself.”, he replied. “That’s fair.”, Gaelfyre nodded, a content look on his face. “Good luck, we’ll keep an eye on his health and development.”

Teremto thanked his leader, before taking the hatchling home. It took some adjustments, but when the sun started to rise, the lair was completely modeled for two dragons. The hatchling, however, was soundly asleep on the floor. “Well, guess I’m a parent now…” Teremto muttered to himself. “I’ll name you Seeker, as you had been seeking a new home.”, he told the sleeping hatchling. Happy, the Skydancer decided that he too deserved a few hours of sleep.
Generation 1, Chapter 1

“He’s not one of mine.”
Lotus, the hatchling caretaker, didn’t even have to look at the hatchling in order to know whether or not he came from Daire. Teremto sighed. It wasn’t the answer he had been looking forward to, but it had been the one he expected to get. While he didn’t really like the Tundra in front of him, Lotus was the first one you’d ask for help when concerning hatchlings. “He seems unwell, do you have any idea what is ailing him?”, the Skydancer asked carefully. This time, Lotus did look at the young Guardian. “He doesn’t seem ill.”, she said flatly. “Try taking him to our leader, he might have an answer for you.”
Teremto nodded and thanked Lotus, who went back to caring for the multiple nests in the clan’s nesting grounds. “Come on little guy, we’re going to see the big dragon in charge here.”, he told the Guardian hatchling, who had been quietly following him ever since the two of them met. Teremto guided the little one over the bridges and wooden pathways towards the lair of Gaelfyre, leader of Clan Daire. It was late, but light was coming from the inside of Gaelfyre’s lair, so he had to be awake. Filled with nerves, the Skydancer entered, the Guardian trailing behind him.

“You’ve returned!”
While looking quite menacing, Gaelfyre joyously greeted Teremto as he entered. “Tell me, what have you experienced this time?” The Skydancer bowed his head slightly. “I’d love to tell you all about it, but I seem to be in quite the predicament right now.”, he replied. “I have found this hatchling near our borders, but Lotus says she’s not one of ours.” As soon as Teremto gently pushed the hatchling forward, Gaelfyre came closer to inspect him. Where other hatchlings easily got frightened of the large and colorful Bogsneak, this one didn’t move a muscle. And when Gaelfyre came even closer, the young one started hissing. Again, Teremto saw something float up from behind the kid. But this time, his leader was present, and he was visibly shocked at the sudden apparition. Again, the shadow disappeared as soon as it came, but it was the silence afterwards that made Teremto nervous.
After a while, Gaelfyre spoke up. “I have no idea where the little guy comes from, but he seems to be carrying something with him.”, he said. Teremto nervously nodded. “Right now, it doesn’t look too dangerous, it even seems to protect the young hatchling. So, I’ll allow him to stay. I’ll arrange a foster parent for him.” The Skydancer quickly shook his head. “If allowed, I’d like to take care of the child myself.”, he replied. “That’s fair.”, Gaelfyre nodded, a content look on his face. “Good luck, we’ll keep an eye on his health and development.”

Teremto thanked his leader, before taking the hatchling home. It took some adjustments, but when the sun started to rise, the lair was completely modeled for two dragons. The hatchling, however, was soundly asleep on the floor. “Well, guess I’m a parent now…” Teremto muttered to himself. “I’ll name you Seeker, as you had been seeking a new home.”, he told the sleeping hatchling. Happy, the Skydancer decided that he too deserved a few hours of sleep.