Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | casey's art dump
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 86 87
hello again! [emoji=coatl laughing] it's been a short while, huh? here's something i made myself today! i've been doing a lot better mentally lately so i should hopefully have a good amount of art to post once i run out of what i made these past two months. [img]https://file.garden/ZRmugT_G0TetIdQ9/art/my%20art/GREAT_MIGRATION/pg1-10/bday2019.png[/img]
hello again! it's been a short while, huh?
here's something i made myself today! i've been doing a lot better mentally lately so i should hopefully have a good amount of art to post once i run out of what i made these past two months.
bday2019.png
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
[emoji=coatl confused] wondering if refs would be too boring to post here because that's what i'm mainly working on loftwing based off of a female cardinal in honor of my grandma. tried and failed at imitating the watercolour style of skyward sword in the background (mid march) [img]https://imgur.com/C8ahPYt.png[/img]
wondering if refs would be too boring to post here because that's what i'm mainly working on

loftwing based off of a female cardinal in honor of my grandma. tried and failed at imitating the watercolour style of skyward sword in the background
(mid march)
C8ahPYt.png
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
oh thats beautiful kep up the good work [emoji=heart]
oh thats beautiful kep up the good work
MANTICORE_BADGE_100.png
[quote name="Mantakorra" date="2019-04-07 09:32:06" ] oh thats beautiful kep up the good work [emoji=heart] [/quote] ty!! i wanted to do a detailed background but medibang's brushes are not working out for me i still have yet to finish something that's not a ref so here we go off the rails don't you know it's time to raise our sails [i]it's freedom like you never knew[/i] [img]https://imgur.com/wb6fR0i.png[/img] (finished mid february) [size=0]don't need bags, or a pass, say the word i'll be there in a flash! you could say my hat is off to you~ oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, jump with me (boing) grab coins with me (ding) oh yeahhhh, it's time to jump up in the air! jump up, don't be scared! jump up and your cares will soar awayyyyy! and if the dark clouds start to swirl, don't fear, don't shed a tear 'cause i'll be your 1-up girllll! so let's all jump up super high, high up in the sky, there's no power-up like dancing! you know that you're my super star, no one else can take me this far, i'm flipping the switch, get ready for this, ohhh, let's do the o d y s s e y[/size]
Mantakorra wrote on 2019-04-07 09:32:06:
oh thats beautiful kep up the good work
ty!! i wanted to do a detailed background but medibang's brushes are not working out for me

i still have yet to finish something that's not a ref so here we go
off the rails
don't you know it's time to raise our sails
it's freedom like you never knew
wb6fR0i.png
(finished mid february)
don't need bags, or a pass, say the word i'll be there in a flash! you could say my hat is off to you~ oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, jump with me (boing) grab coins with me (ding) oh yeahhhh, it's time to jump up in the air! jump up, don't be scared! jump up and your cares will soar awayyyyy! and if the dark clouds start to swirl, don't fear, don't shed a tear 'cause i'll be your 1-up girllll! so let's all jump up super high, high up in the sky, there's no power-up like dancing! you know that you're my super star, no one else can take me this far, i'm flipping the switch, get ready for this, ohhh, let's do the o d y s s e y
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
Just took a peak over your thread.
Wanna say that your improvement is lovely to watch and I can’t wait to see what you create next. ;)
Just took a peak over your thread.
Wanna say that your improvement is lovely to watch and I can’t wait to see what you create next. ;)
EA0-D26-BB-DDF0-4-B52-BE49-28-F6-B4250-A5-E.png
my apologies but i am taking yet another hiatus. fr is becoming really distracting and i want to be able to focus on other things for a while. for now, have something i finished yesterday. this is the first time since early february that i drew just to enjoy drawing and it felt really nice to shade something again. [img]https://imgur.com/hq3d0yG.png[/img]
my apologies but i am taking yet another hiatus. fr is becoming really distracting and i want to be able to focus on other things for a while.

for now, have something i finished yesterday. this is the first time since early february that i drew just to enjoy drawing and it felt really nice to shade something again.
hq3d0yG.png
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
hey pisanos, i got no where else to dump my stories so hERE YOU GO i haven't written since last semester because my teacher really killed my passion for writing?? this one is much more sarcastic but here's what i got done tonight [quote name="famously imperfect"] [size=2]You’d think that, being able to shape shift, my life would be pretty crazy. Well, I guess you’re right, but I never really knew “normal.” Have you ever been the family pet at the same time as being just someone’s daughter? It’s actually pretty nice, saying I get two bonus meals. Food’s a good thing for a wild kid like me. You would also think that, being able to shape shift, you’d carry your general appearance throughout each form. I guess my name cursed me to be imperfect. What’s up, I’m RJ Perim, I’m 18 and I’m a human, dog, or horse. What every child dreams of, really. Apparently height in human terms transfers to weight as an animal because despite being pretty skinny at 6’ I can be a St. Bernard or an off-brand Clydesdale. Yeah, I’m pretty cool. I knew that since I was 5. You could be my friend if you need someone in your life to brag about. Fills the ol’ ego. Good for the mind. Am I getting off topic? It’s likely. I tend to rattle off. Here, I’ll condense my message. [i]Bark bark bark bark-bark bark. (Get ready to hear some of my wild adventures with me and my friend, Colwyn Wenshall. That’s right. I got another shape shifting friend. He’s pretty cool. Though, you know, anyone who can shape shift is pretty cool. But he only has one other form. That makes me the superior friend, right? Also, yeah, I see you looking at my wonderful white coat. I know you’re jealous. Don’t worry. It’s hard not to be.)[/i] Growing up I kept it as a secret from adults for fun. I didn’t want them to spoil my fun or take me to a lab or something to see why I’m imperfect. I found my form as a giant dog when I was about 5 years old and was laying out in the lawn daydreaming about getting a dog. I must’ve been making some kind of wish out loud to something magic because when I snapped back to reality I was a dog. I know it should’ve scared me, but I was 5, so heck if I cared. I didn’t just have a dog, I WAS the dog! That was the best possible outcome. After a moment of running around the yard I thought it could’ve been just me dreaming, but then my mom came outside and chased me out into the field. We live kinda far away from the rest of town with fields and woods around us. I made it all the way to the woods before tripping over my own shoelace. At some point I had changed back and the dumb shift had undone the laces! This is why I wanted to wear velcro shoes longer but they didn’t consider me mature enough in kindergarten unless I had shoes with laces. What a lie. Everyone today’s wearing slip-ons like it’s the end of the world. But that’s besides the point. Even though I’m totally in the right that laces suck. When I went back home my mom asked me if I had seen a dog outside. I just said no. How was I supposed to explain to her that I just became a dog on the spot? Speaking of the word “spot,” that’s a nice way to continue the story. There was a kid on the playground who would play a game called “Real or Not” where he would punch people lightly or heavily. It was usually just a punch on the arm when a teacher wasn’t looking so it wasn’t really all that bad. One time though, when he went to punch me in the arm, someone distracted him and he ended up full-force punching me in the eye. The shock made me shift and the fur around that eye started turning dark. He got super freaked out and ran away while I stood there, just kinda growling. He ran toward a teacher, yelling about the dog that threatened to bite him (geez, like I even bared my teeth at the guy) but when he turned around the dog was replaced with me. The other kids just stared in awe. I felt both guilty and really freakin’ clever. Apparently my black eye only cared to stay in dog form because there wasn’t the slightest change in color on my face. That kid just stormed off in the other direction as the other kids surrounded me, buzzing with excitement. I had never felt so popular before. That was probably the most popular I’ve been at a given time. Maybe one of those kids will videotape me and post it online. Then I’d be the most famous person on the world, more than those people running games or making weird videos off of them. I could be a YouTube star… I’ll call Colwyn later and see if he’s in on the idea. Anyway. A few days later, after getting the hang of shifting back and forth in front of my classmates at recess, I walked myself home as a dog. I normally biked, even when I was young. I was apparently trustworthy despite keeping such a weird secret for years. There were always a few bikes just left there so I figured mine wouldn’t seem too out of line. I’d just have to hope my mom didn’t notice my bike missing. Or my book bag. But I forgot that a lot at school. See? I was destined to walk myself home. It didn’t go exactly as planned. A lot of people tried to see if I had a collar and every single kid wanted to pet me. I was okay with pats on the head but I had never allowed anyone to touch me anywhere else before, unless it was a hug. I eventually made it home but my mom noticed the big white dog walking up the driveway before I could change back. My hair had gotten blown around by the wind when I first stepped outside so I guess it made my coat look tangled, too. She didn’t chase me away this time. Instead she called me the most generic but fitting name possible: Spot. Alright mom. You’re clearly great at names. I let her pat my head before running away because I smelled something cooking, and my young self was not about to sit back at the notion of food. I waited for her to go back inside before running up the driveway. She asked me if she had seen that dog that just came by, and this time I said I saw it but it was basically already gone. She just said “hmm” and turned away. This became a pattern: making brief appearances as Spot just to see what would happen. I couldn’t help that I was curious. It went on for a year — right until a year after the day I had first been a dog. The coincidence of it still makes me laugh. She just decided that this mysterious Spot could be our unofficial dog. Spot has been our unofficial dog for a decade, and still is. Barely seems to age, either. It’s quite odd. Colwyn has had an unofficial dog for about seven years, but we’re not to that point yet. First I had to live out my other childhood dream, the one everyone had at some point: I wanted a pony. I was in my horse craze and I would not stop until I could get myself a dang horse. There was one game I saw and really liked. It was some guy in a blue shirt running around with a bunch of weapons fighting monsters (I never told my mom about that part, though). The best part was that he could tame any horse he came across. They were all really sturdy draft horses and I loved them more than the cute foxes that would run away from you. It was pretty much the same story as with Spot. I was home alone one afternoon, thinking about that game and how cool it would be to have a draft horse like that that could pull a sled in the winter or something. I didn’t think it would work the same way, but I guess history is always full of people stupid enough to repeat it. Though this time it didn’t have a horrible outcome like splitting your empire across your sons. Freaking Charlemagne. I don’t even want to talk about him and his school inventing. You’re here to hear about my time becoming a horse, right? So here you go. I was, again, absolutely ecstatic about becoming my favorite animal. My hair was long back then, and boy did that carry over. At first I thought I went blind because of all the mane in my face. It took a while of shaking my heavy head around before I could see through both eyes. The hard thing about being a horse in a place like this is there’s no use to it. Even today I feel like it was a waste. I haven’t been able to magically poof into an another animal since then. No birds, no snakes, nothing. It’s a pretty bum deal if you ask me. I deserve a second chance after making a poor decision like that. Still, it gave me a new thing to impress people with. But it was more looks than anything else. The hard thing about trying to get into the role of being something like a horse is that you have to own up to it and.. Get into the role, I guess. I never got used to a bit so Colwyn has to trust me if I take him somewhere. One time I faked him out and started running toward a cliff to see if he would try to turn me. It was pretty funny to me but he wasn’t exactly the happiest. He still loves me though, so I don’t care. Speaking of Colwyn, I guess this makes it a good time to switch over to him. I don’t think our encounter could have been any weirder… or more normal. Can you believe that, two people who could be dogs, met in a dog park? Of all places, I don’t know what’s more perfect. We were both in 8th grade, and we were both unofficial dogs to our families, keeping it an oddly balanced secret. Great minds think alike. What I didn’t realize until then is that people don’t smell like dogs. A white German Shepherd strolled across the sidewalk on a leash. I was just sauntering next to my mom when suddenly I realized that new dog really smelled like clothing. I don’t know why, but it was the clothing smell that gave it away. I knew from tests with my mom that the language barrier was still in play so I just said “Hello” to the dog, which was of course a hearty bark to everyone else. And he ignored me. He had the audacity to ignore me! Colwyn, if you’re reading this, I still haven’t forgiven you for that. We could have been civil. And no, I don’t believe that you “didn’t hear” me. Instead of just saying something else, I ran from my mom and slammed my head into his shoulder. The guy with him — who I later learned was just a dog walker, I mean geez, Colwyn really played into his role — dropped the leash and yelled. The clothing-smelling dog whipped around and growled at me. “What the heck was that for?” He yelled. “You didn’t say “Hi” back,” I replied cooly, ignoring the two people yelling at us. This apparently shocked him, because he immediately stopped looking so aggressive. Instead he straightened out the fur on his chest. “I thought I couldn’t talk to dogs,” he muttered to himself. “I’ve been trying for years but they don’t really respond the same way.” He looked at me for a moment before continuing, still ignoring the guy trying to find the leash in the tall grass. That guy had to be careful. A rat could jump out of that tall grass any moment. “What’s your deal, then? Why can I talk to you? Who even are you?” “RJ Perim, at your service,” I tucked one paw under my chest in a bow. “I’ll answer with a question: are you normally human?” He froze completely. I thought I had killed him for a second. Finally he started breathing again and nodded, though it seemed every nerve was put on overdrive and he was shaking. “How… How did you know?” I just shrugged (well, the best a dog can). We were both dragged off, but that wasn’t the end. If you’ve been paying attention, you know that we’ve done a lot together.[/quote] i know it's a lot and it hasn't been proofread yet so RIP
hey pisanos, i got no where else to dump my stories so hERE YOU GO

i haven't written since last semester because my teacher really killed my passion for writing?? this one is much more sarcastic but here's what i got done tonight
famously imperfect wrote:
You’d think that, being able to shape shift, my life would be pretty crazy. Well, I guess you’re right, but I never really knew “normal.” Have you ever been the family pet at the same time as being just someone’s daughter? It’s actually pretty nice, saying I get two bonus meals. Food’s a good thing for a wild kid like me.

You would also think that, being able to shape shift, you’d carry your general appearance throughout each form. I guess my name cursed me to be imperfect.

What’s up, I’m RJ Perim, I’m 18 and I’m a human, dog, or horse. What every child dreams of, really. Apparently height in human terms transfers to weight as an animal because despite being pretty skinny at 6’ I can be a St. Bernard or an off-brand Clydesdale. Yeah, I’m pretty cool. I knew that since I was 5. You could be my friend if you need someone in your life to brag about. Fills the ol’ ego. Good for the mind.

Am I getting off topic? It’s likely. I tend to rattle off. Here, I’ll condense my message.

Bark bark bark bark-bark bark. (Get ready to hear some of my wild adventures with me and my friend, Colwyn Wenshall. That’s right. I got another shape shifting friend. He’s pretty cool. Though, you know, anyone who can shape shift is pretty cool. But he only has one other form. That makes me the superior friend, right? Also, yeah, I see you looking at my wonderful white coat. I know you’re jealous. Don’t worry. It’s hard not to be.)

Growing up I kept it as a secret from adults for fun. I didn’t want them to spoil my fun or take me to a lab or something to see why I’m imperfect. I found my form as a giant dog when I was about 5 years old and was laying out in the lawn daydreaming about getting a dog. I must’ve been making some kind of wish out loud to something magic because when I snapped back to reality I was a dog. I know it should’ve scared me, but I was 5, so heck if I cared. I didn’t just have a dog, I WAS the dog! That was the best possible outcome. After a moment of running around the yard I thought it could’ve been just me dreaming, but then my mom came outside and chased me out into the field. We live kinda far away from the rest of town with fields and woods around us. I made it all the way to the woods before tripping over my own shoelace. At some point I had changed back and the dumb shift had undone the laces! This is why I wanted to wear velcro shoes longer but they didn’t consider me mature enough in kindergarten unless I had shoes with laces. What a lie. Everyone today’s wearing slip-ons like it’s the end of the world. But that’s besides the point. Even though I’m totally in the right that laces suck. When I went back home my mom asked me if I had seen a dog outside. I just said no. How was I supposed to explain to her that I just became a dog on the spot?

Speaking of the word “spot,” that’s a nice way to continue the story. There was a kid on the playground who would play a game called “Real or Not” where he would punch people lightly or heavily. It was usually just a punch on the arm when a teacher wasn’t looking so it wasn’t really all that bad. One time though, when he went to punch me in the arm, someone distracted him and he ended up full-force punching me in the eye. The shock made me shift and the fur around that eye started turning dark. He got super freaked out and ran away while I stood there, just kinda growling. He ran toward a teacher, yelling about the dog that threatened to bite him (geez, like I even bared my teeth at the guy) but when he turned around the dog was replaced with me. The other kids just stared in awe. I felt both guilty and really freakin’ clever. Apparently my black eye only cared to stay in dog form because there wasn’t the slightest change in color on my face. That kid just stormed off in the other direction as the other kids surrounded me, buzzing with excitement. I had never felt so popular before. That was probably the most popular I’ve been at a given time. Maybe one of those kids will videotape me and post it online. Then I’d be the most famous person on the world, more than those people running games or making weird videos off of them. I could be a YouTube star… I’ll call Colwyn later and see if he’s in on the idea. Anyway.

A few days later, after getting the hang of shifting back and forth in front of my classmates at recess, I walked myself home as a dog. I normally biked, even when I was young. I was apparently trustworthy despite keeping such a weird secret for years. There were always a few bikes just left there so I figured mine wouldn’t seem too out of line. I’d just have to hope my mom didn’t notice my bike missing. Or my book bag. But I forgot that a lot at school. See? I was destined to walk myself home.

It didn’t go exactly as planned. A lot of people tried to see if I had a collar and every single kid wanted to pet me. I was okay with pats on the head but I had never allowed anyone to touch me anywhere else before, unless it was a hug. I eventually made it home but my mom noticed the big white dog walking up the driveway before I could change back. My hair had gotten blown around by the wind when I first stepped outside so I guess it made my coat look tangled, too. She didn’t chase me away this time. Instead she called me the most generic but fitting name possible: Spot. Alright mom. You’re clearly great at names. I let her pat my head before running away because I smelled something cooking, and my young self was not about to sit back at the notion of food. I waited for her to go back inside before running up the driveway. She asked me if she had seen that dog that just came by, and this time I said I saw it but it was basically already gone. She just said “hmm” and turned away.

This became a pattern: making brief appearances as Spot just to see what would happen. I couldn’t help that I was curious. It went on for a year — right until a year after the day I had first been a dog. The coincidence of it still makes me laugh. She just decided that this mysterious Spot could be our unofficial dog.

Spot has been our unofficial dog for a decade, and still is. Barely seems to age, either. It’s quite odd. Colwyn has had an unofficial dog for about seven years, but we’re not to that point yet.

First I had to live out my other childhood dream, the one everyone had at some point: I wanted a pony. I was in my horse craze and I would not stop until I could get myself a dang horse. There was one game I saw and really liked. It was some guy in a blue shirt running around with a bunch of weapons fighting monsters (I never told my mom about that part, though). The best part was that he could tame any horse he came across. They were all really sturdy draft horses and I loved them more than the cute foxes that would run away from you. It was pretty much the same story as with Spot. I was home alone one afternoon, thinking about that game and how cool it would be to have a draft horse like that that could pull a sled in the winter or something. I didn’t think it would work the same way, but I guess history is always full of people stupid enough to repeat it. Though this time it didn’t have a horrible outcome like splitting your empire across your sons. Freaking Charlemagne. I don’t even want to talk about him and his school inventing. You’re here to hear about my time becoming a horse, right? So here you go. I was, again, absolutely ecstatic about becoming my favorite animal. My hair was long back then, and boy did that carry over. At first I thought I went blind because of all the mane in my face. It took a while of shaking my heavy head around before I could see through both eyes. The hard thing about being a horse in a place like this is there’s no use to it. Even today I feel like it was a waste. I haven’t been able to magically poof into an another animal since then. No birds, no snakes, nothing. It’s a pretty bum deal if you ask me. I deserve a second chance after making a poor decision like that.

Still, it gave me a new thing to impress people with. But it was more looks than anything else. The hard thing about trying to get into the role of being something like a horse is that you have to own up to it and.. Get into the role, I guess. I never got used to a bit so Colwyn has to trust me if I take him somewhere. One time I faked him out and started running toward a cliff to see if he would try to turn me. It was pretty funny to me but he wasn’t exactly the happiest. He still loves me though, so I don’t care.

Speaking of Colwyn, I guess this makes it a good time to switch over to him. I don’t think our encounter could have been any weirder… or more normal. Can you believe that, two people who could be dogs, met in a dog park? Of all places, I don’t know what’s more perfect. We were both in 8th grade, and we were both unofficial dogs to our families, keeping it an oddly balanced secret. Great minds think alike. What I didn’t realize until then is that people don’t smell like dogs. A white German Shepherd strolled across the sidewalk on a leash. I was just sauntering next to my mom when suddenly I realized that new dog really smelled like clothing. I don’t know why, but it was the clothing smell that gave it away. I knew from tests with my mom that the language barrier was still in play so I just said “Hello” to the dog, which was of course a hearty bark to everyone else. And he ignored me. He had the audacity to ignore me! Colwyn, if you’re reading this, I still haven’t forgiven you for that. We could have been civil. And no, I don’t believe that you “didn’t hear” me.

Instead of just saying something else, I ran from my mom and slammed my head into his shoulder. The guy with him — who I later learned was just a dog walker, I mean geez, Colwyn really played into his role — dropped the leash and yelled. The clothing-smelling dog whipped around and growled at me.

“What the heck was that for?” He yelled.

“You didn’t say “Hi” back,” I replied cooly, ignoring the two people yelling at us. This apparently shocked him, because he immediately stopped looking so aggressive. Instead he straightened out the fur on his chest.

“I thought I couldn’t talk to dogs,” he muttered to himself. “I’ve been trying for years but they don’t really respond the same way.” He looked at me for a moment before continuing, still ignoring the guy trying to find the leash in the tall grass. That guy had to be careful. A rat could jump out of that tall grass any moment. “What’s your deal, then? Why can I talk to you? Who even are you?”

“RJ Perim, at your service,” I tucked one paw under my chest in a bow. “I’ll answer with a question: are you normally human?”

He froze completely. I thought I had killed him for a second. Finally he started breathing again and nodded, though it seemed every nerve was put on overdrive and he was shaking. “How… How did you know?” I just shrugged (well, the best a dog can).

We were both dragged off, but that wasn’t the end. If you’ve been paying attention, you know that we’ve done a lot together.

i know it's a lot and it hasn't been proofread yet so RIP
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
this was a great read! thank you for sharing cant wait to read more [emoji=heart size=1]
this was a great read! thank you for sharing cant wait to read more
MANTICORE_BADGE_100.png
[img]https://imgur.com/aWq5kMj.png[/img] FINISHED THIS YAYA plus school is finally out so i can post again woop [size=2](pokes @baelfin thank you so much for the help!!)[/size]
aWq5kMj.png
FINISHED THIS YAYA plus school is finally out so i can post again woop

(pokes @baelfin thank you so much for the help!!)
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
Oh hey you have a little art blog going on here, nice! It turned out really nicely, the wispy brush you used for the background gives it a cool mysterious feel. Compared to the drawings on your first page you've improved heaps! Keep up the hard work :)
Oh hey you have a little art blog going on here, nice! It turned out really nicely, the wispy brush you used for the background gives it a cool mysterious feel. Compared to the drawings on your first page you've improved heaps! Keep up the hard work :)
COT3Kxt.gif Etsy
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 86 87