Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Fall of the Night
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 27[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Umbra Parthenium] I actually really like this item :3 -----[/center] [b]"I need you to drain the healing pond."[/b] Prism said it outright, no hiding or sugarcoating. [b]"What? How?"[/b] Cool was suddenly a lot more alarmed than before. [b]"Have you seen what happened to Echo after she touched it?"[/b] Prism looked at him strangely. [b]"Of course. I'm not asking you to dive in for a swim, you oaf. I shall be doing most of it myself, since I am immune to its power."[/b] [b]"So why do you need me to help?"[/b] [b]"Do you think the Gloom will simply let me drain its healing source? You will continue the draining if my friends come after us and I will hold them off if I can. There is also the factor of preparations as well, and--"[/b] Cool wished Prism wouldn't have such long talks. [b]"Okay, I get it. So tell me your plan or whatever. And why in Sornieth do you even need to drain the pond?"[/b] [b]"I am bound to my friends. If I murder my friends and give them no way to heal, then in theory I am free, correct?"[/b] [b]"That's... violent."[/b] Cool raised his eyebrows. [b]"Sure, whatever. Is that what you children say these days? Either way, I do not care," [/b]Prism shrugged it off. [b]"We will begin after the sun sets. I will begin digging a passageway, close to the pond but not connecting it. Once I get out of my friends' attack radius, you can help."[/b] [b] "So I can leave now?"[/b] [b]"Were you not digging before? You might as well practice,"[/b] Prism said with a tint of amusement in her voice. Cool glared at her. [b]"That's none of your business. Were you spying on me?"[/b] [b]"No, I just happen to have sharp eyes and rusty flight,"[/b] Prism replied innocently, spreading her wings to show how naive and harmless she was. [b]"Yeah, you totally didn't fly at the speed of light during the fight,"[/b] Cool muttered sarcastically. [b]"And I was saving your life, so how could I not?"[/b] Cool wanted to kick her. [b]"Just admit it, you were stalking me."[/b] Prism winked, if robots could wink. [b]"What can I say? You are an interesting character."[/b] Cool flushed. With anger, he hoped. [b]"You got the help you wanted. Now leave me alone please, Robot Girl."[/b] [b]"Are we using nicknames now, Fierce-Tongued One?"[/b] Prism tilted her head. [b]"I hate you,"[/b] Cool said. [b]"So much."[/b] [b]"The feeling is returned,"[/b] Prism smiled. [b]"And I will not be leaving. I do quite enjoy seeing you flustered."[/b] [b]"Great, Robot Girl's gonna bother me forever,"[/b] Cool wanted to run, but then he'd be bored again with nothing to do except dig. [b]"Am I not allowed to flirt? It has been ages since I have tried."[/b] Cool stared at Prism. [b]"No, that's disgusting, you're, like, ancient, and I'm not!"[/b] [b]"Ouch,"[/b] Prism sighed. [b]"I am at most a year older mentally. But I suppose you are right. An old Robot Girl like me cannot possibly find happiness ever again and my sole purpose is to fail at saving lives. How wonderful."[/b] [b]"Shut up,"[/b] Cool had to stop himself from feeling bad. He had grown too soft. But at least Prism was interesting to argue with and wasn't intimidated like Echo or just having none of it like Raiya. But then again, Prism was also infuriating. Prism wasn't bothered. [b]"Fierce-Tongued One, the name fits you very well, do you agree?"[/b] [b]"Nope, no, stop."[/b] Prism continued on. [b]"I assume you are bored anyway with your friends gone. Why not just talk to me? I have not had a true friend for too long."[/b] [b]"You're annoying,"[/b] Cool said. [b]"Annoying can be fun,"[/b] Prism suggested. [b]"Talking is overrated."[/b] Prism didn't stop trying. [b]"Talking can be relieving."[/b] [b]"Fine, what in Windsinger's name?"[/b] Cool sat down and gave up. [b]"What even is there to talk about?"[/b] [b] "Origin stories are always a good place to start. If you tell me yours I will tell you mine."[/b] [b]"I'd rather not."[/b] Prism sighed. [b]"Then I will go first."[/b] [b]"You must be really lonely to want to talk to me of all dragons,"[/b] Cool rolled his eyes. [b]"I would not have chosen you given a choice,"[/b] Prism admitted. [b]"However, I do have a feeling that you will be a good listener." [/b] Cool didn't agree. [b]"I'm not a good listener, I promise."[/b] But Prism just smiled and began. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- There might be no update tomorrow and definitely no update Friday, and possibly no update Saturday as well. Also Cool and Prism's interactions are really fun to write because they actually hate each other's guts XD [emoji=unicorn][emoji=unicorn][emoji=unicorn] [/center]
Day 27
Umbra Parthenium
I actually really like this item :3
"I need you to drain the healing pond." Prism said it outright, no hiding or sugarcoating.

"What? How?" Cool was suddenly a lot more alarmed than before. "Have you seen what happened to Echo after she touched it?"

Prism looked at him strangely. "Of course. I'm not asking you to dive in for a swim, you oaf. I shall be doing most of it myself, since I am immune to its power."

"So why do you need me to help?"

"Do you think the Gloom will simply let me drain its healing source? You will continue the draining if my friends come after us and I will hold them off if I can. There is also the factor of preparations as well, and--"

Cool wished Prism wouldn't have such long talks. "Okay, I get it. So tell me your plan or whatever. And why in Sornieth do you even need to drain the pond?"

"I am bound to my friends. If I murder my friends and give them no way to heal, then in theory I am free, correct?"

"That's... violent." Cool raised his eyebrows.

"Sure, whatever. Is that what you children say these days? Either way, I do not care," Prism shrugged it off. "We will begin after the sun sets. I will begin digging a passageway, close to the pond but not connecting it. Once I get out of my friends' attack radius, you can help."

"So I can leave now?"

"Were you not digging before? You might as well practice," Prism said with a tint of amusement in her voice.

Cool glared at her. "That's none of your business. Were you spying on me?"

"No, I just happen to have sharp eyes and rusty flight," Prism replied innocently, spreading her wings to show how naive and harmless she was.

"Yeah, you totally didn't fly at the speed of light during the fight," Cool muttered sarcastically.

"And I was saving your life, so how could I not?"

Cool wanted to kick her. "Just admit it, you were stalking me."

Prism winked, if robots could wink. "What can I say? You are an interesting character."

Cool flushed. With anger, he hoped. "You got the help you wanted. Now leave me alone please, Robot Girl."

"Are we using nicknames now, Fierce-Tongued One?" Prism tilted her head.

"I hate you," Cool said. "So much."

"The feeling is returned," Prism smiled. "And I will not be leaving. I do quite enjoy seeing you flustered."

"Great, Robot Girl's gonna bother me forever," Cool wanted to run, but then he'd be bored again with nothing to do except dig.

"Am I not allowed to flirt? It has been ages since I have tried."

Cool stared at Prism. "No, that's disgusting, you're, like, ancient, and I'm not!"

"Ouch," Prism sighed. "I am at most a year older mentally. But I suppose you are right. An old Robot Girl like me cannot possibly find happiness ever again and my sole purpose is to fail at saving lives. How wonderful."

"Shut up," Cool had to stop himself from feeling bad. He had grown too soft. But at least Prism was interesting to argue with and wasn't intimidated like Echo or just having none of it like Raiya. But then again, Prism was also infuriating.

Prism wasn't bothered. "Fierce-Tongued One, the name fits you very well, do you agree?"

"Nope, no, stop."

Prism continued on. "I assume you are bored anyway with your friends gone. Why not just talk to me? I have not had a true friend for too long."

"You're annoying," Cool said.

"Annoying can be fun," Prism suggested.

"Talking is overrated."

Prism didn't stop trying. "Talking can be relieving."

"Fine, what in Windsinger's name?" Cool sat down and gave up. "What even is there to talk about?"

"Origin stories are always a good place to start. If you tell me yours I will tell you mine."

"I'd rather not."

Prism sighed. "Then I will go first."

"You must be really lonely to want to talk to me of all dragons," Cool rolled his eyes.

"I would not have chosen you given a choice," Prism admitted. "However, I do have a feeling that you will be a good listener."

Cool didn't agree. "I'm not a good listener, I promise."

But Prism just smiled and began.
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed
There might be no update tomorrow and definitely no update Friday, and possibly no update Saturday as well.

Also Cool and Prism's interactions are really fun to write because they actually hate each other's guts XD

NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 28[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Morganite] Sorry I didn't post for a few days but I'm back! -----[/center] [b]"The original Prism died from sickness before reaching adulthood, down in the Southern Icefield,"[/b] Prism began. [b]"My so-called mother, driven by grief, she journeyed to the Lightning domain to create a new Prism, a robot to replace the original one."[/b] [b]"Was the original Prism as annoying as you?"[/b] Cool said, obviously not wanting to listen. Prism smiled sourly. [b]"I never got to meet her. I was supposed to be her reincarnation, you see."[/b] [b]"But others did, right?"[/b] [b]"I do not think I should trust the judgement of others without evidence,"[/b] Prism answered. [b]"I believe my personality was created based on Ma's point of view of Prism the First."[/b] [b]"Fair,"[/b] Cool said, shrugging. [b]"My first memories, other than the ones given from the original Prism, were of hurt and isolation. Everyone knew I was supposed to be dead and they did not know how to treat a robot replicate of their friend. It was two hatchlings-- Akurra and Pio-- who became my first true friends."[/b] Cool thought for a moment. [b]"You mean that big clumsy Imperial and the crazy spiral that attacked us?"[/b] [b]"Yes,"[/b] Prism confirmed. [b]"I assure you they were very kind before the Gloom changed them."[/b] Her voice was wistful, gentle. [b]"So who was the Skydancer?"[/b] Cool remembered the third dragon who had ambushed his friends. [b]"The Skydancer... that would be Akurra's son,"[/b] Prism said quietly. [b]"The only one of hers who survived."[/b] [b]"Oh. Um."[/b] Prism continued determinedly. [b]"As I was saying, they became my friends. They loved me and promised that when they were old enough we would all leave to a new Clan where I would be treated as an equal,"[/b] her voice broke. [b]"Oh, what good friends they were."[/b] Cool didn't know what to say. "[b]They're not very good friends anymore,"[/b] he commented. He sort of regretted saying that afterwards, partly because Prism's tail came swinging at his back. It smacked him hard. [b]"That is not nice,"[/b] Prism scolded. [b]"Whatever. I mean, sorry."[/b] [b]"I hope you mean it,"[/b] Prism said, then stiffly returned to her story. [b]"When we traveled north to the main continent, that was when we found the ruins and the Gloom took hold."[/b] Cool twitched his long whiskers. [b]"That still doesn't explain why you can't just leave."[/b] Taking a deep, slightly frustrated breath, Prism explained, [b]"I am trapped partially because my mother changed part of my code to stay with them when she saw what good friends they were, and partially because I owe everything I know about friendship to them. And--"[/b] Cool frowned. [b]"What about Akurra's son?"[/b] [b]"Stop interrupting!"[/b] Prism snapped. [b]"But on the topic, his name is Ibex. Akurra had a clutch of three with a dragon that remains unknown while on our journey. She has always been fierce for her size, but she has gone through harsh things. Heartbreak and losing two of her children, to speak of a few."[/b] Cool tried and failed to feel sympathy for the Akurra he knew, the black and white spiral with glowing eyes who tried to choke him to death with her slimy scales. Ew. [b]"That doesn't justify her trying to suffocate me."[/b] [b]"Please do not talk about her as if she is a mere heartless monster."[/b] Cool raised his eyebrows. [b]"That's kind of what she is right now though." [/b] [b]"Oh, be quiet!"[/b] Prism flashed. There was hurt behind the anger. [b]"Don't you wish you could change them back instead of murdering them?"[/b] Cool said. [b]"Of course. But I have tried everything,"[/b] Prism said. A reluctant grimace from Cool. [b]"Everything that doesn't involve another dragon?"[/b] [b]"Yes..."[/b] [b]"I know some powerful magic users. Maybe they can help,"[/b] Cool suggested. He was kind of proud of himself for being so nice. [b]"I suppose it would not hurt to try,"[/b] Prism agreed. [b]"But first, tell me your story."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Okay, so my opinion on the lair revamp-- I love the tabs and the Hibernal Den, but I really wish they kept the original look of the lair. Now it just feels kind of wrong and I don't feel as connected to my dragons? But the tabs are great and how I can have a Pinkerlocke tab! Edit: I think I posted twice so if I double pinged I am so sorry. [/center]
Day 28
Morganite
Sorry I didn't post for a few days but I'm back!
"The original Prism died from sickness before reaching adulthood, down in the Southern Icefield," Prism began. "My so-called mother, driven by grief, she journeyed to the Lightning domain to create a new Prism, a robot to replace the original one."

"Was the original Prism as annoying as you?" Cool said, obviously not wanting to listen.

Prism smiled sourly. "I never got to meet her. I was supposed to be her reincarnation, you see."

"But others did, right?"

"I do not think I should trust the judgement of others without evidence," Prism answered. "I believe my personality was created based on Ma's point of view of Prism the First."

"Fair," Cool said, shrugging.

"My first memories, other than the ones given from the original Prism, were of hurt and isolation. Everyone knew I was supposed to be dead and they did not know how to treat a robot replicate of their friend. It was two hatchlings-- Akurra and Pio-- who became my first true friends."

Cool thought for a moment. "You mean that big clumsy Imperial and the crazy spiral that attacked us?"

"Yes," Prism confirmed. "I assure you they were very kind before the Gloom changed them." Her voice was wistful, gentle.

"So who was the Skydancer?" Cool remembered the third dragon who had ambushed his friends.

"The Skydancer... that would be Akurra's son," Prism said quietly. "The only one of hers who survived."

"Oh. Um."

Prism continued determinedly. "As I was saying, they became my friends. They loved me and promised that when they were old enough we would all leave to a new Clan where I would be treated as an equal," her voice broke. "Oh, what good friends they were."

Cool didn't know what to say. "They're not very good friends anymore," he commented. He sort of regretted saying that afterwards, partly because Prism's tail came swinging at his back. It smacked him hard.

"That is not nice," Prism scolded.

"Whatever. I mean, sorry."

"I hope you mean it," Prism said, then stiffly returned to her story. "When we traveled north to the main continent, that was when we found the ruins and the Gloom took hold."

Cool twitched his long whiskers. "That still doesn't explain why you can't just leave."

Taking a deep, slightly frustrated breath, Prism explained, "I am trapped partially because my mother changed part of my code to stay with them when she saw what good friends they were, and partially because I owe everything I know about friendship to them. And--"

Cool frowned. "What about Akurra's son?"

"Stop interrupting!" Prism snapped. "But on the topic, his name is Ibex. Akurra had a clutch of three with a dragon that remains unknown while on our journey. She has always been fierce for her size, but she has gone through harsh things. Heartbreak and losing two of her children, to speak of a few."

Cool tried and failed to feel sympathy for the Akurra he knew, the black and white spiral with glowing eyes who tried to choke him to death with her slimy scales. Ew. "That doesn't justify her trying to suffocate me."

"Please do not talk about her as if she is a mere heartless monster."

Cool raised his eyebrows. "That's kind of what she is right now though."

"Oh, be quiet!" Prism flashed. There was hurt behind the anger.

"Don't you wish you could change them back instead of murdering them?" Cool said.

"Of course. But I have tried everything," Prism said.

A reluctant grimace from Cool. "Everything that doesn't involve another dragon?"

"Yes..."

"I know some powerful magic users. Maybe they can help," Cool suggested. He was kind of proud of himself for being so nice.

"I suppose it would not hurt to try," Prism agreed. "But first, tell me your story."
Okay, so my opinion on the lair revamp-- I love the tabs and the Hibernal Den, but I really wish they kept the original look of the lair. Now it just feels kind of wrong and I don't feel as connected to my dragons? But the tabs are great and how I can have a Pinkerlocke tab!

Edit: I think I posted twice so if I double pinged I am so sorry.
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 29[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Shed Orange Scale] -----[/center] [b]"I'd rather not tell you anything about me,"[/b] Cool said. He had visibly tensed, his muscles stiff and his expression guarded, panicked. Hiding something. Prism looked at him calmly. [b]"Where were you hatched?"[/b] [b]"Why do you care?"[/b] [b]"If I am going to be your friend then I ought to know about you, do you not think so?"[/b] Prism reasoned. [b]"No, not really. I don't need friends anyway,"[/b] Cool said. [b]"Where were you hatched?"[/b] [b]"In Wind territory next to the Sea of a Thousand Currents,"[/b] Cool answered begrudgingly. Maybe if he gave in once then she would give up. [b]"With a brother and a sister."[/b] Prism nodded. "And what happened to them?" [b]"You don't need to know that,"[/b] Cool clenched his teeth. That was all she was getting, no more. [b]"If you're gonna keep prying then you aren't a very good friend anyway."[/b] [b]"I--"[/b] [b]"I'm going back,"[/b] Cool interrupted. Relief gripped his view, embracing his bones. It was so refreshing, so [i]Cool[/i]-like to leave and be cold and not have to deal with secrets or emotions or friends. [b]"If you want to meet some magic users who can help you, you better come with me now because I don't plan to stay here past tomorrow."[/b] A plan was forming in his head as he spoke. It was true. He could run off the next day and no one would care. Night certainly wouldn't. He could find a nice place to stay for a while and hope he didn't destroy anything else. [b]"Fine. Show me,"[/b] Prism commanded, seeming to give up on the topic of backstories for now. [b]"And do not leave."[/b] Her harsh tone softened. [b]"You have friends here."[/b] [b]"No, I don't."[/b] Prism didn't flinch. [b]"That's what you keep saying to yourself,"[/b] she challenged with a small smile. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I can't think of what to write here today so um here's a snippet of nothing that advances my plot forwards at all XD [/center]
Day 29
Shed Orange Scale
"I'd rather not tell you anything about me," Cool said. He had visibly tensed, his muscles stiff and his expression guarded, panicked. Hiding something.

Prism looked at him calmly. "Where were you hatched?"

"Why do you care?"

"If I am going to be your friend then I ought to know about you, do you not think so?" Prism reasoned.

"No, not really. I don't need friends anyway," Cool said.

"Where were you hatched?"

"In Wind territory next to the Sea of a Thousand Currents," Cool answered begrudgingly. Maybe if he gave in once then she would give up. "With a brother and a sister."

Prism nodded. "And what happened to them?"

"You don't need to know that," Cool clenched his teeth. That was all she was getting, no more. "If you're gonna keep prying then you aren't a very good friend anyway."

"I--"

"I'm going back," Cool interrupted. Relief gripped his view, embracing his bones. It was so refreshing, so Cool-like to leave and be cold and not have to deal with secrets or emotions or friends. "If you want to meet some magic users who can help you, you better come with me now because I don't plan to stay here past tomorrow."

A plan was forming in his head as he spoke. It was true. He could run off the next day and no one would care. Night certainly wouldn't. He could find a nice place to stay for a while and hope he didn't destroy anything else.

"Fine. Show me," Prism commanded, seeming to give up on the topic of backstories for now. "And do not leave." Her harsh tone softened. "You have friends here."

"No, I don't."

Prism didn't flinch. "That's what you keep saying to yourself," she challenged with a small smile.
I can't think of what to write here today so um here's a snippet of nothing that advances my plot forwards at all XD
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 30[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Amethyst King] Ooh yay! -----[/center] [b]"Wake up, weirdo."[/b] Raiya's head hurt so much. She weakly opened her eyes and immediately closed them. Sunlight. Ow. [b]"Ha! I saw you blink!"[/b] Raiya turned onto her side and squinted at the dragon standing over her. [b]"Orion? What are you doing?"[/b] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=37&bodygene=7&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=110&tertgene=7&winggene=8&wings=153&auth=1b923b9793dd4b4e65c2fa30d738851c4d7f05c0&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [b]"Trying to make sure you haven't died, what else could it be?"[/b] Orion grinned in a very infuriating way. [b]"How're you doing, weirdo?" [/b] [b]"Good?"[/b] Raiya suggested. [b]"I think?"[/b] She tried to sit up and the entire world flashed. A pair of strong claws steadied her. Orion's. [b]"Whoa, careful,"[/b] he said. Raiya half-indignantly righted herself. [b]"Yep. Oh yeah, how's Echo?"[/b] she asked. [b]"Who's Echo?"[/b] Orion asked back. [b]"Sorry, I just got here. No one told me until like five minutes ago and I had to race here to make sure you didn't die on me. Which is absolutely not allowed."[/b] [b]"Um, thanks? Echo's my new friend."[/b] Orion's feigned playful disappointment. [b]"You made new friends and didn't tell me? Traitor."[/b] [b]"Do you see her anywhere? She's a purple and green, a little Noc."[/b] Raiya rubbed her eyes and found Echo lying on a bed next to hers. [b]"Oh, she's right there."[/b] Orion followed Raiya's gaze and walked up to Echo, examiing. [b]"This thing? She's breathing,"[/b] he said. [b]"But, you know, 'a little Noc'-ked out."[/b] [b]"That-- that was bad,"[/b] Raiya smiled. [b]"I don't know what you're talking about, it was great,"[/b] Orion contradicted with a grin. [b]"Now tell me what you've been up to while I was stuck at home."[/b] Orion lived in Mintroot Clan, across the lake from the Clan of Wild Heather. [b]"Well..."[/b] Raiya told him the basic story, which wasn't as long as she expected. It was just the meeting, making hew friends, the Gloom's possession, and the fight at the ruins. [b]"...and that's all I know. I just woke up and I don't know how long it's been."[/b] [b]"Wow, you can't keep out of trouble for just one day without me?"[/b] Orion shook his head in mock disappointment. [b]"Sigh."[/b] [b]"Be quiet and go get me water,"[/b] Raiya whacked him lightly. [b]"I'm really thirsty."[/b] Orion bowed playfully. [b]"Of course, your highness."[/b] [b]"This is what I get for giving you any order at all,"[/b] Raiya said, exasperated. [b]"Go on, my peasant."[/b] Orion bowed deeply again and left with a wink in Raiya's direction. She didn't like using the word hate so she told herself how much she [i]deeply, truly, really[/i] disliked winks. She waited for a while. And then a shadow appeared in the healing den's entrance. Raiya thought it was Orion, but when she took another look the scales' color was blue. It was Cool. [b]"Do you know where Night is?"[/b] Cool said without a greeting, not even acknowledging the wonderful fact that she was awake and not dead. Raiya decided not to take his rudeness personally. [b]"Probably with his Master, training or something as usual,"[/b] Raiya said. [b]"Why?"[/b] Cool shifted. [b]"Prism was following me to this Clan place. She has a plan to set herself free."[/b] Raiya blinked. [b]"Prism?"[/b] [b]"Yeah. We're-- she's-- going to need help though."[/b] Orion burst in a second later. [b]"Hey, who's this? Another friend you invited into the Clan and didn't care to introduce me to?"[/b] [b]"I'm not her friend,"[/b] Cool said. [b]"And I'm not staying here."[/b] Raiya blinked. [b]"Yeah you are. Let's go find Night for whatever you need him for. Where is Prism anyway?"[/b] [b]"Out here,"[/b] Cool said. [b]"Prism? How many new friends have I missed?"[/b] Orion actually looked hurt. Raiya smiled and patted him on the shoulder. [b]"I'll introduce you all later,"[/b] she said, brushing his wing lightly. [b]"Come on."[/b] She stood up and fell forward on her face. [b]"Oh, um. Are you okay, your majesty?"[/b] Orion knelt down to help her up. Raiya felt her face heat up as she pushed herself up, half-accepting Orion's help. [b]"I'm good, thanks. Okay, now let's go."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Orion's going to be fun :D Also I've been so bad at ending these lately, I'm so sorry. [/center]
Day 30
Amethyst King
Ooh yay!
"Wake up, weirdo."

Raiya's head hurt so much. She weakly opened her eyes and immediately closed them. Sunlight. Ow.

"Ha! I saw you blink!"

Raiya turned onto her side and squinted at the dragon standing over her. "Orion? What are you doing?"
dragon?age=0&body=37&bodygene=7&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=110&tertgene=7&winggene=8&wings=153&auth=1b923b9793dd4b4e65c2fa30d738851c4d7f05c0&dummyext=prev.png

"Trying to make sure you haven't died, what else could it be?" Orion grinned in a very infuriating way. "How're you doing, weirdo?"

"Good?" Raiya suggested. "I think?" She tried to sit up and the entire world flashed.

A pair of strong claws steadied her. Orion's. "Whoa, careful," he said.

Raiya half-indignantly righted herself. "Yep. Oh yeah, how's Echo?" she asked.

"Who's Echo?" Orion asked back. "Sorry, I just got here. No one told me until like five minutes ago and I had to race here to make sure you didn't die on me. Which is absolutely not allowed."

"Um, thanks? Echo's my new friend."

Orion's feigned playful disappointment. "You made new friends and didn't tell me? Traitor."

"Do you see her anywhere? She's a purple and green, a little Noc." Raiya rubbed her eyes and found Echo lying on a bed next to hers. "Oh, she's right there."

Orion followed Raiya's gaze and walked up to Echo, examiing. "This thing? She's breathing," he said. "But, you know, 'a little Noc'-ked out."

"That-- that was bad," Raiya smiled.

"I don't know what you're talking about, it was great," Orion contradicted with a grin. "Now tell me what you've been up to while I was stuck at home." Orion lived in Mintroot Clan, across the lake from the Clan of Wild Heather.

"Well..." Raiya told him the basic story, which wasn't as long as she expected. It was just the meeting, making hew friends, the Gloom's possession, and the fight at the ruins. "...and that's all I know. I just woke up and I don't know how long it's been."

"Wow, you can't keep out of trouble for just one day without me?" Orion shook his head in mock disappointment. "Sigh."

"Be quiet and go get me water," Raiya whacked him lightly. "I'm really thirsty."

Orion bowed playfully. "Of course, your highness."

"This is what I get for giving you any order at all," Raiya said, exasperated. "Go on, my peasant."

Orion bowed deeply again and left with a wink in Raiya's direction. She didn't like using the word hate so she told herself how much she deeply, truly, really disliked winks.

She waited for a while. And then a shadow appeared in the healing den's entrance. Raiya thought it was Orion, but when she took another look the scales' color was blue. It was Cool.

"Do you know where Night is?" Cool said without a greeting, not even acknowledging the wonderful fact that she was awake and not dead. Raiya decided not to take his rudeness personally.

"Probably with his Master, training or something as usual," Raiya said. "Why?"

Cool shifted. "Prism was following me to this Clan place. She has a plan to set herself free."

Raiya blinked. "Prism?"

"Yeah. We're-- she's-- going to need help though."

Orion burst in a second later. "Hey, who's this? Another friend you invited into the Clan and didn't care to introduce me to?"

"I'm not her friend," Cool said. "And I'm not staying here."

Raiya blinked. "Yeah you are. Let's go find Night for whatever you need him for. Where is Prism anyway?"

"Out here," Cool said.

"Prism? How many new friends have I missed?" Orion actually looked hurt.

Raiya smiled and patted him on the shoulder. "I'll introduce you all later," she said, brushing his wing lightly. "Come on."

She stood up and fell forward on her face.

"Oh, um. Are you okay, your majesty?" Orion knelt down to help her up.

Raiya felt her face heat up as she pushed herself up, half-accepting Orion's help. "I'm good, thanks. Okay, now let's go."
Orion's going to be fun :D Also I've been so bad at ending these lately, I'm so sorry.
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 31[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Mistral Glove] Happy Valentines Day everyone! -----[/center] [b]"Good." [/b] Master's voice was calm, calculated. Night didn't understand how. He was heaving breaths, his muscles ached, and he was wishing they could stop for a water break. He now had a lot more empathy for Raiya and Orion's complaints for their battle training. [b]"Defend yourself again,"[/b] Master said. [b]"The way I showed you."[/b] There was no arguing. Night got to his feet and arranged his wings and limbs so that they guarded his more vulnerable parts, turning his back to Master. When she toppled him over, he rolled back up again immediately. [b]"Why can't we just use magic?"[/b] Night asked as Master nodded in approval. [b]"Shielding takes up a lot of energy. More than you have to spare,"[/b] the Guardian dragon said sensibly. [b]"When a physical attacking enemy leaps at you it's just easier to know how to take the blow, dodge if you can, and move on."[/b] That was the thing about Master. She always had a good reason to do what she was doing. [b]"We'll work more on this tomorrow,"[/b] Master said. [b]"Let's see the spells you know." [/b] She waved her claw, and a few illusions of fierce looking dragons appeared out of thin air. Night quickly gathered breath. He shot a Contuse-fused bolt at the first one, who dodged quickly, but couldn't get out of the way in time before the second one hit it. [b]"Not bad,[/b]" Master observed.[b] "Watch your opponent. Eyes betray things."[/b] She concentrated on moving the magic illusions. Night went after the second illusion, a Fae. He sent a strong Bolder Bolt at the dragon, who was hit squarely in the chest. It got up again, however, a blue light radiating around it. Night tried to hit him with another spell but it was promptly reflected back at him. The Nocturne dodged right in time. Getting attacked by your own spell is a shameful thing to have happen. [b]"Wait,"[/b] Master advised. [b]"His guard is up strong. Wait for it to settle."[/b] Night knew what she meant. He tested the magic in that direction until it weakened, and to make sure he saw that the Fae's wild eyes had relaxed. When he attacked this time, the Fae illusion was unprepared and it exploded into a puff of smoke. [b]"Th--"[/b] Master was interrupted by a familiar voice. [b]"Hey, Night. And, um, what's your name?"[/b] Cool walked through the cabin and into their practice yard without asking permission at all, stopping to glance at Master. [b]"There's a sign that says 'knock' outside,"[/b] Night reminded him, bracing himself to see Master possibly unleash her wrath that she reserved just for the rude dragons. Cool didn't bother looking sheepish. [b]"Whatever. I need help."[/b] [b]"You may call me Master like everyone else,"[/b] Master said. Cool challenged her aggressively, [b]"Who calls someone Master? What are you the master of?"[/b] Not the best idea he ever had. A cloud of smoke obscured Cool's vision entirely. He coughed, trying to bat it away. [b]"I am Night's Master and you don't deserve to know my name,"[/b] Master said coldly. Night shivered. Master only talked without warmth when she got mad, and it always chilled him to the bones. A few knocks sounded. Night flew to open the cabin door and found Raiya, Orion, and... Prism? standing outside. [b]"I am sorry if Cool is being insensitive,"[/b] Prism said with sincerity. [b]"He is a bit anxious to do what he said he would do and then leave us."[/b] She stepped forwards and ice spread under her. [b]"Shut up, Robot Girl,"[/b] Cool said. [b]"Robot?"[/b] Master tasted the air cautiously. [b]"Nothing to worry about,"[/b] Night said hastily. [b]"I'll meet you guys outside so Prism doesn't freeze the cabin."[/b] [b]"I guess that's enough for today,"[/b] Master agreed. She looked at Prism with a touch of curiosity that Night had never seen before. An interest, a spark of deja vu. [i]It was probably nothing.[/i] Night thought as he followed his friends out of the cabin, but when he looked back Master was still observing the now-melting ice that Prism had left behind. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- [emoji=coatl laughing][emoji=coatl star][emoji=coatl sleepy] [/center]
Day 31
Mistral Glove
Happy Valentines Day everyone!
"Good."

Master's voice was calm, calculated. Night didn't understand how. He was heaving breaths, his muscles ached, and he was wishing they could stop for a water break. He now had a lot more empathy for Raiya and Orion's complaints for their battle training.

"Defend yourself again," Master said. "The way I showed you."

There was no arguing. Night got to his feet and arranged his wings and limbs so that they guarded his more vulnerable parts, turning his back to Master. When she toppled him over, he rolled back up again immediately.

"Why can't we just use magic?" Night asked as Master nodded in approval.

"Shielding takes up a lot of energy. More than you have to spare," the Guardian dragon said sensibly. "When a physical attacking enemy leaps at you it's just easier to know how to take the blow, dodge if you can, and move on."

That was the thing about Master. She always had a good reason to do what she was doing.

"We'll work more on this tomorrow," Master said. "Let's see the spells you know."

She waved her claw, and a few illusions of fierce looking dragons appeared out of thin air.

Night quickly gathered breath. He shot a Contuse-fused bolt at the first one, who dodged quickly, but couldn't get out of the way in time before the second one hit it.

"Not bad," Master observed. "Watch your opponent. Eyes betray things." She concentrated on moving the magic illusions.

Night went after the second illusion, a Fae. He sent a strong Bolder Bolt at the dragon, who was hit squarely in the chest. It got up again, however, a blue light radiating around it. Night tried to hit him with another spell but it was promptly reflected back at him. The Nocturne dodged right in time. Getting attacked by your own spell is a shameful thing to have happen.

"Wait," Master advised. "His guard is up strong. Wait for it to settle."

Night knew what she meant. He tested the magic in that direction until it weakened, and to make sure he saw that the Fae's wild eyes had relaxed. When he attacked this time, the Fae illusion was unprepared and it exploded into a puff of smoke.

"Th--"

Master was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Hey, Night. And, um, what's your name?" Cool walked through the cabin and into their practice yard without asking permission at all, stopping to glance at Master.

"There's a sign that says 'knock' outside," Night reminded him, bracing himself to see Master possibly unleash her wrath that she reserved just for the rude dragons.

Cool didn't bother looking sheepish. "Whatever. I need help."

"You may call me Master like everyone else," Master said.

Cool challenged her aggressively, "Who calls someone Master? What are you the master of?"

Not the best idea he ever had.

A cloud of smoke obscured Cool's vision entirely. He coughed, trying to bat it away.

"I am Night's Master and you don't deserve to know my name," Master said coldly. Night shivered. Master only talked without warmth when she got mad, and it always chilled him to the bones.

A few knocks sounded. Night flew to open the cabin door and found Raiya, Orion, and... Prism? standing outside.

"I am sorry if Cool is being insensitive," Prism said with sincerity. "He is a bit anxious to do what he said he would do and then leave us." She stepped forwards and ice spread under her.

"Shut up, Robot Girl," Cool said.

"Robot?" Master tasted the air cautiously.

"Nothing to worry about," Night said hastily. "I'll meet you guys outside so Prism doesn't freeze the cabin."

"I guess that's enough for today," Master agreed. She looked at Prism with a touch of curiosity that Night had never seen before. An interest, a spark of deja vu.

It was probably nothing. Night thought as he followed his friends out of the cabin, but when he looked back Master was still observing the now-melting ice that Prism had left behind.
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 32[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Dried Flowers] Completely unrelated to dried flowers, but taking care of little siblings is so exhausting sometimes <3 -----[/center] [b]"Okay Cool, what is this about?"[/b] Raiya said as they all stepped outside the magic cabin. [b]"You're name's pretty cool, Cool,"[/b] Orion added nonchalantly from where he stood by Raiya's side. Cool rolled his eyes. [b]"We're here because Prism here wants to murder her old friends for her freedom and I told her that maybe it would be more useful to change them back to their old kind selves instead, because their souls have been taken by the Gloom or something."[/b] [b]"Wait what?"[/b] Orion looked absolutely befuddled, but everyone ignored him. Prism's eyes flashed dangerously at Cool, the air chilling around her even more than usual. [b]"You make me sound like a fool,"[/b] she said in her many strange tones. [b]"That's because you are one,"[/b] Cool shot back. [b]"Is this kid always this mean?"[/b] Orion looked down at Cool. [b]"Back off a bit, dude."[/b] [b]"Back off a bit dude yourself,"[/b] Cool said. He was aware that it was a terrible comeback but he frankly just didn't care. Raiya tried to address the situation calmly. [b]"You said you guys wanted to try changing them back, which would require magic. So basically, you want Night to help you?"[/b] [b]"I'm not that good at magic,"[/b] Night said humbly. [b]"Yeah you are,"[/b] Orion and Raiya said at the same time. [b]"Not good enough to fight the Gloom,"[/b] Night protested. [b]"I don't even think Master can do that. The Gloom's ancient and deadly and does things through your mind more than through pure magic."[/b] Prism glared at Cool. [b]"The young one is right. I should have never listened to you."[/b] [b]"Do you want my help or not?"[/b] Cool snapped. [b]"Because I can leave now and that would be great."[/b] [b]"I--"[/b] Prism stopped and turned to Raiya. [b]"Will you help me, then?"[/b] [b]"Sure--"[/b] Orion cut her off. [b]"Whoa, she just got back from nearly dying. Raiya's not going anywhere."[/b] Prism's icy demeanor cooled even more. [b]"I did not ask you."[/b] [b]"Oh, stop arguing, for Sornieth's sake."[/b] Raiya pleaded. [b]"We're working together, remember?"[/b] She took a deep breath. [b]"I can help you get free but I refuse to do any murdering."[/b] [b]"And you?"[/b] Prism turned to Night. Night nodded. [b]"Okay. But Master will have me busy doing other things."[/b] Prism smiled grimly to Cool. [b]"To sum that up, you are still my primary help source because you are bored, friendless, don't care as much about moral, and have nothing to do,"[/b] she said logistically. [b]"So yes I want your help."[/b] [b]"Great, thanks,"[/b] Cool muttered. He so wanted to kick Prism but decided against it, because ouch, cold. [b]"Like I said before, I will be your friend if you are not so stubborn to be solitary," [/b]Prism said, sounding exasperated even in her varying range of high and low pitched words. [b]"Dude, the girl's extending you her love and friendship and you're rejecting?"[/b] Orion grinned. [b]"If Raiya did that I'd die."[/b] [b]"No he wouldn't,"[/b] Raiya lightly pushed him, a slight blush in her cheeks. [b]"See? Just take the company and do something useful,"[/b] Orion shrugged cheerfully. Cool hesitated. Meanwhile, Night observed this unfolding scene with great amusement. He missed Echo though. She should have been here. [b]"It's fun having friends,"[/b] he offered quietly. Prism nodded thoughtfully. [b]"You see, even Night agrees you should make some friends and not be so moody."[/b] [b]"Fine, we can be friends,"[/b] Cool aggressively agreed. The word 'friends' suddenly reminded him of Lena and guilt crept in. He pushed it away. [b]"Let's be murder buddies together or whatever."[/b] Orion sputtered. [b]"Murder buddies."[/b] He hid his laughter in Raiya's shoulder. [b]"Murder buddies?"[/b] Prism pondered. [b]"Strange, but it works if that is the lingo you use these days."[/b] [b]"You're actually planning on killing your friends?"[/b] Raiya asked. She still couldn't imagine doing such a thing, ever. Prism fell silent, along with everyone else. [b]"Death is better than what they are suffering now,"[/b] she said finally. [b]"I-- we met a fortune teller on our journeys. She told us that '[i]by continuing, a mother, a friend, and a brother would meet an end worse than death[/i].'"[/b] She closed her eyes. [b]"And look at them now."[/b] The uneven way she spoke sent chills down Cool's bones. He recalled Prism's story. A mother-- Akurra. A friend-- Pio. A brother-- Ibex. He shivered, remembering the reckless hatred in their glowing eyes and funny speech. [b]"Let's start digging the trench thing,"[/b] he said with a lot more determination than he ever had before. A smile tugged gently at Prism. [b]"Yes, let's."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I just discovered the new Valentine's stuff and gjjdklghks the new Noggles are so amazing :D [/center]
Day 32
Dried Flowers
Completely unrelated to dried flowers, but taking care of little siblings is so exhausting sometimes <3
"Okay Cool, what is this about?" Raiya said as they all stepped outside the magic cabin.

"You're name's pretty cool, Cool," Orion added nonchalantly from where he stood by Raiya's side.

Cool rolled his eyes. "We're here because Prism here wants to murder her old friends for her freedom and I told her that maybe it would be more useful to change them back to their old kind selves instead, because their souls have been taken by the Gloom or something."

"Wait what?" Orion looked absolutely befuddled, but everyone ignored him.

Prism's eyes flashed dangerously at Cool, the air chilling around her even more than usual. "You make me sound like a fool," she said in her many strange tones.

"That's because you are one," Cool shot back.

"Is this kid always this mean?" Orion looked down at Cool. "Back off a bit, dude."

"Back off a bit dude yourself," Cool said. He was aware that it was a terrible comeback but he frankly just didn't care.

Raiya tried to address the situation calmly. "You said you guys wanted to try changing them back, which would require magic. So basically, you want Night to help you?"

"I'm not that good at magic," Night said humbly.

"Yeah you are," Orion and Raiya said at the same time.

"Not good enough to fight the Gloom," Night protested. "I don't even think Master can do that. The Gloom's ancient and deadly and does things through your mind more than through pure magic."

Prism glared at Cool. "The young one is right. I should have never listened to you."

"Do you want my help or not?" Cool snapped. "Because I can leave now and that would be great."

"I--" Prism stopped and turned to Raiya. "Will you help me, then?"

"Sure--"

Orion cut her off. "Whoa, she just got back from nearly dying. Raiya's not going anywhere."

Prism's icy demeanor cooled even more. "I did not ask you."

"Oh, stop arguing, for Sornieth's sake." Raiya pleaded. "We're working together, remember?" She took a deep breath. "I can help you get free but I refuse to do any murdering."

"And you?" Prism turned to Night.

Night nodded. "Okay. But Master will have me busy doing other things."

Prism smiled grimly to Cool. "To sum that up, you are still my primary help source because you are bored, friendless, don't care as much about moral, and have nothing to do," she said logistically. "So yes I want your help."

"Great, thanks," Cool muttered. He so wanted to kick Prism but decided against it, because ouch, cold.

"Like I said before, I will be your friend if you are not so stubborn to be solitary," Prism said, sounding exasperated even in her varying range of high and low pitched words.

"Dude, the girl's extending you her love and friendship and you're rejecting?" Orion grinned. "If Raiya did that I'd die."

"No he wouldn't," Raiya lightly pushed him, a slight blush in her cheeks.

"See? Just take the company and do something useful," Orion shrugged cheerfully.

Cool hesitated.

Meanwhile, Night observed this unfolding scene with great amusement. He missed Echo though. She should have been here. "It's fun having friends," he offered quietly.

Prism nodded thoughtfully. "You see, even Night agrees you should make some friends and not be so moody."

"Fine, we can be friends," Cool aggressively agreed. The word 'friends' suddenly reminded him of Lena and guilt crept in. He pushed it away. "Let's be murder buddies together or whatever."

Orion sputtered. "Murder buddies." He hid his laughter in Raiya's shoulder.

"Murder buddies?" Prism pondered. "Strange, but it works if that is the lingo you use these days."

"You're actually planning on killing your friends?" Raiya asked. She still couldn't imagine doing such a thing, ever.

Prism fell silent, along with everyone else. "Death is better than what they are suffering now," she said finally. "I-- we met a fortune teller on our journeys. She told us that 'by continuing, a mother, a friend, and a brother would meet an end worse than death.'" She closed her eyes. "And look at them now."

The uneven way she spoke sent chills down Cool's bones. He recalled Prism's story. A mother-- Akurra. A friend-- Pio. A brother-- Ibex. He shivered, remembering the reckless hatred in their glowing eyes and funny speech.

"Let's start digging the trench thing," he said with a lot more determination than he ever had before.

A smile tugged gently at Prism. "Yes, let's."
I just discovered the new Valentine's stuff and gjjdklghks the new Noggles are so amazing :D
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 33[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Red Healer's Vestments] Ooh okay, I see you, very Valentinesy too -----[/center] Echo coughed. She blinked her eyes open, fighting to keep them there. It was so much easier to just sleep. Everything felt weak and she probably forgot how to walk. She lay there. Forget calling someone; she was barely able to move her mouth. A while later, a familiar shape appeared. [b]"Echo!"[/b] Raiya warmly hugged the little Nocturne. [b]"I can't believe you're awake! It's been so long." [/b] [b]"How? Long?"[/b] Echo couldn't help feeling discouraged. She would have to learn to talk again too, it seemed like. Raiya beamed. [b]"A full week and a half."[/b] Echo dizzily turned her head and noticed there were whole bouquets of flowers lying next to her. [b]"Who?[/b]" she asked. [b]"Looks like I die."[/b] Raiya burst into laughter. [b]"Yeah, it looks like someone died and this is their grave, that's what I told him, but do guys listen? Nope. It was my friend Orion's idea, but Night was the one who did it."[/b] [b]"Oh."[/b] Echo smiled but wasn't sure what to feel about that. [b]"I have so much to show you! But you'll have to do some physical therapy and get stronger first, of course. Let me go get Night and introduce you to Orion,"[/b] Raiya's excitement was contagious. She bounded out of the room and Echo eagerly waited. [b]"Hey, it's the 'little Noc'ked out one, awake!"[/b] a grinning voice said less than a minute later. Echo saw a green Wildclaw smirking at her teasingly. [b]"What's it like to be alive?"[/b] [b]"Don't tease her, Orion,"[/b] Raiya scolded. [b]"Echo!"[/b] Night's worried, wonderful, happy cry suddenly rang through the healing den. [b]"You woke up!"[/b] Orion winked at Echo. [b]"My buddy Night here's getting pretty powerful now. You don't want to mess with him."[/b] [b]"Master's been teaching me fighting tactics,"[/b] Night explained. [b]"And we're almost done building the Clan, and Cool's working on this secret project with Prism, and--"[/b] [b]"Okay, slow down,"[/b] Raiya laughed. [b]"She literally just opened her eyes, guys."[/b] Echo opened her mouth happily. [b]"It okay,"[/b] she managed out. The world felt a little light and was spinning a bit but that was alright. It was just that all this stimulation at once was exhausting. [b]"I think we've drained her,"[/b] Orion shook his head in mock disappointment. [b]"Well, it's nice meeting you, Echo. Night, you better stay here. You should probably explain all the dandelions and daffodils, you know?"[/b] he grinned. [b]"I'll take Raiya back to the chores she neglected to do to come visit."[/b] [b]"Excuse you, I was completely on task,"[/b] Raiya whacked Orion playfully. [b]"See you later, Echo."[/b] They left, and Night sat down by Echo. [b]"Hi,"[/b] he said awkwardly. [b]"Show me magic!"[/b] Echo said in excited reply. Night complied. He shot out a stream of arcane magic and collided it with a nature-powered bolt. They froze mid-air and a second later burst into a flurry of hot pink petals and leaves. As they were falling gently down, Echo immediately tried to catch all of them. She giggled the way a little child giggles at everything. [b]"Yay!"[/b] she cheered. [b]"Amazing! More!"[/b] Night did another performance, plucking some of the flowers around them by their stems and then throwing them into the air with wind magic, making them swirl and then combining it all with ice magic, folding in a few water spells. A moment later, the flowers, twirling like a mini twister over them, glazed over into frost, ice, but right as they fell they melted into little fountains of water and created a little arch over Echo's head, spilling down on either side of her. Echo laughed, super impressed. [b]"An mah!"[/b] Echo said, trying to say 'one more' but yawning. Night began one, but Echo didn't see the end. Her eyelids drooped with tired joy, her mind quieted, and she drifted back into sleep. This time though, the slumber would last a lot shorter than one and a half weeks. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- [s]shameless time skip[/s] This was sweet though, I liked the warm fuzzies I got while writing it :3 [/center]
Day 33
Red Healer's Vestments
Ooh okay, I see you, very Valentinesy too
Echo coughed. She blinked her eyes open, fighting to keep them there. It was so much easier to just sleep. Everything felt weak and she probably forgot how to walk.

She lay there. Forget calling someone; she was barely able to move her mouth.

A while later, a familiar shape appeared.

"Echo!" Raiya warmly hugged the little Nocturne. "I can't believe you're awake! It's been so long."

"How? Long?" Echo couldn't help feeling discouraged. She would have to learn to talk again too, it seemed like.

Raiya beamed. "A full week and a half."

Echo dizzily turned her head and noticed there were whole bouquets of flowers lying next to her. "Who?" she asked. "Looks like I die."

Raiya burst into laughter. "Yeah, it looks like someone died and this is their grave, that's what I told him, but do guys listen? Nope. It was my friend Orion's idea, but Night was the one who did it."

"Oh." Echo smiled but wasn't sure what to feel about that.

"I have so much to show you! But you'll have to do some physical therapy and get stronger first, of course. Let me go get Night and introduce you to Orion," Raiya's excitement was contagious.

She bounded out of the room and Echo eagerly waited.

"Hey, it's the 'little Noc'ked out one, awake!" a grinning voice said less than a minute later. Echo saw a green Wildclaw smirking at her teasingly. "What's it like to be alive?"

"Don't tease her, Orion," Raiya scolded.

"Echo!" Night's worried, wonderful, happy cry suddenly rang through the healing den. "You woke up!"

Orion winked at Echo. "My buddy Night here's getting pretty powerful now. You don't want to mess with him."

"Master's been teaching me fighting tactics," Night explained. "And we're almost done building the Clan, and Cool's working on this secret project with Prism, and--"

"Okay, slow down," Raiya laughed. "She literally just opened her eyes, guys."

Echo opened her mouth happily. "It okay," she managed out. The world felt a little light and was spinning a bit but that was alright. It was just that all this stimulation at once was exhausting.

"I think we've drained her," Orion shook his head in mock disappointment. "Well, it's nice meeting you, Echo. Night, you better stay here. You should probably explain all the dandelions and daffodils, you know?" he grinned. "I'll take Raiya back to the chores she neglected to do to come visit."

"Excuse you, I was completely on task," Raiya whacked Orion playfully. "See you later, Echo."

They left, and Night sat down by Echo. "Hi," he said awkwardly.

"Show me magic!" Echo said in excited reply.

Night complied. He shot out a stream of arcane magic and collided it with a nature-powered bolt.

They froze mid-air and a second later burst into a flurry of hot pink petals and leaves.

As they were falling gently down, Echo immediately tried to catch all of them. She giggled the way a little child giggles at everything. "Yay!" she cheered. "Amazing! More!"

Night did another performance, plucking some of the flowers around them by their stems and then throwing them into the air with wind magic, making them swirl and then combining it all with ice magic, folding in a few water spells.

A moment later, the flowers, twirling like a mini twister over them, glazed over into frost, ice, but right as they fell they melted into little fountains of water and created a little arch over Echo's head, spilling down on either side of her. Echo laughed, super impressed.

"An mah!" Echo said, trying to say 'one more' but yawning.

Night began one, but Echo didn't see the end. Her eyelids drooped with tired joy, her mind quieted, and she drifted back into sleep.

This time though, the slumber would last a lot shorter than one and a half weeks.
shameless time skip
This was sweet though, I liked the warm fuzzies I got while writing it :3
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 34[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Ruby Brooch] Time to see the effects of last time's apparel... -----[/center] When Echo woke up again, she struggled hard to lift her head. She couldn't get to a sitting position-- not yet-- but she could spread her wings. Stretch. Ow. [b]"She woke up, I'm telling you!"[/b] Night's voice argued from outside the healing den. [b]"Quit dreaming and let me get on with this!"[/b] Was that Cool? Was it possible that he sounded even more aggressive? [b]"Hi Cool!"[/b] Echo called out hopefully. The talking stopped. A second later Cool's head appeared. He dropped in begrudgingly. [b]"So you are awake."[/b] [b]"Yay!"[/b] Echo said. [b]"Don't be happy to see me,"[/b] Cool answered. He didn't glare at her. His eyes were weirdly... empty. [b]"I'm leaving in a few days whenever Prism decides that we're ready to finish up. She better not be getting cold feet. And then she can fly off and be free or whatever and I'll leave you all behind, finally,"[/b] he snarled the last few words. [b]"Oh?"[/b] Echo said. [b]"I sorry."[/b] That caught Cool off his ranting. [b]"What?"[/b] [b]"Do you need hug?"[/b] Echo opened her wings. She'd kept them folded and tucked into herself for the entire time she had been sleeping so it hurt still. [b]"No..."[/b] Cool narrowed his eyes at Echo. [b]"What's that on your wings?"[/b] Night's ears pricked and he took a closer look at Echo's wing, and then doubled back.[b] "Wow,"[/b] he whispered. [b]"How does that even happen?"[/b] Echo tried to twist around to see. [b]"What?"[/b] she lifted a wing limply but it fell before she could get a clear look. [b]"My wing?"[/b] [b]"I'm getting Master,"[/b] Night's eyes were awed, in pure wonder, as he flew away. Echo was kind of getting concerned now. And frustrated. What was so weird about her wings? Cool suddenly grabbed Echo's wing. She yelped out, but then realized he was just holding it up. And then Echo saw too. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=174&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=52&tertgene=0&winggene=12&wings=153&auth=958384c121923f1f20858fe16696d13bb1a16f90&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Her wings weren't plain green anymore. They swirled purple around, like poison. Like the healing pond. [b]"I mean, it's interesting,"[/b] Cool said. [b]"Does it feel weird?"[/b] [b]"No,"[/b] Echo answered blankly, still stunned. It was so cool. It reminded Echo of galaxies, of messes, of joy and misery whirling gently in a swamp. Night came back with his mysterious Master. [b]"Look!"[/b] he said, excitedly. [b]"Look at what happened to her wings!"[/b] Master approached with grace. [b]"Oh, I saw it before but Ithink the patterns has formed completely now,"[/b] she said. [b]"It's pretty, Echo. Do you like it?"[/b] [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Echo smiled weakly, finally recovering from the shock. [b]"Cool!"[/b] [b]"Me?"[/b] Cool looked up. [b]"No, my wings. Are cool."[/b] Cool shrugged. [b]"Yeah, I guess. You know, Raiya and Orion probably want to see it too. I could go get them... or I could pull a prank on them."[/b] He thought for a moment. [b]"Orion's pranked Cool at least five times since they met,"[/b] Night said, looking like he was trying not to laugh. [b]"Would you help if I pranked them?"[/b] Cool asked Echo, looking down at her as if he were maybe trying to intimidate her into agreeing. Echo blinked. [b]"Not mean,"[/b] she said. [b]"It was a yes or no question."[/b] [b]"Only prank if not mean,"[/b] Echo elaborated. [b]"You know what, fine, I'll take it. Night, don't you dare give anything away,"[/b] Cool warned roughly. Night put his wings up innocently. [b]"I just watch."[/b] Master smiled kindly at them all. [b]"I'll leave now. If anything feels wrong, Echo, just let someone know."[/b] She swept herself away. [b]"Alright, you have to cooperate with me here, Echo,"[/b] Cool said sternly. His eyes grew stormy with a delight that Echo had never seen in him before. [b]"Revenge is gonna be fun."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I couldn't figure out how to work romance in at the moment so I gave Echo Toxin! The accent color of Algae Poi/Tox works so well with Echo's purple :D [/center]
Day 34
Ruby Brooch
Time to see the effects of last time's apparel...
When Echo woke up again, she struggled hard to lift her head. She couldn't get to a sitting position-- not yet-- but she could spread her wings. Stretch. Ow.

"She woke up, I'm telling you!" Night's voice argued from outside the healing den.

"Quit dreaming and let me get on with this!" Was that Cool? Was it possible that he sounded even more aggressive?

"Hi Cool!" Echo called out hopefully.

The talking stopped.

A second later Cool's head appeared. He dropped in begrudgingly. "So you are awake."

"Yay!" Echo said.

"Don't be happy to see me," Cool answered. He didn't glare at her. His eyes were weirdly... empty. "I'm leaving in a few days whenever Prism decides that we're ready to finish up. She better not be getting cold feet. And then she can fly off and be free or whatever and I'll leave you all behind, finally," he snarled the last few words.

"Oh?" Echo said. "I sorry."

That caught Cool off his ranting. "What?"

"Do you need hug?" Echo opened her wings. She'd kept them folded and tucked into herself for the entire time she had been sleeping so it hurt still.

"No..." Cool narrowed his eyes at Echo. "What's that on your wings?"

Night's ears pricked and he took a closer look at Echo's wing, and then doubled back. "Wow," he whispered. "How does that even happen?"

Echo tried to twist around to see. "What?" she lifted a wing limply but it fell before she could get a clear look. "My wing?"

"I'm getting Master," Night's eyes were awed, in pure wonder, as he flew away. Echo was kind of getting concerned now. And frustrated. What was so weird about her wings?

Cool suddenly grabbed Echo's wing. She yelped out, but then realized he was just holding it up.

And then Echo saw too.
dragon?age=0&body=174&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=52&tertgene=0&winggene=12&wings=153&auth=958384c121923f1f20858fe16696d13bb1a16f90&dummyext=prev.png

Her wings weren't plain green anymore. They swirled purple around, like poison. Like the healing pond.

"I mean, it's interesting," Cool said. "Does it feel weird?"

"No," Echo answered blankly, still stunned.

It was so cool. It reminded Echo of galaxies, of messes, of joy and misery whirling gently in a swamp.

Night came back with his mysterious Master. "Look!" he said, excitedly. "Look at what happened to her wings!"

Master approached with grace. "Oh, I saw it before but Ithink the patterns has formed completely now," she said. "It's pretty, Echo. Do you like it?"

"Yeah," Echo smiled weakly, finally recovering from the shock. "Cool!"

"Me?" Cool looked up.

"No, my wings. Are cool."

Cool shrugged. "Yeah, I guess. You know, Raiya and Orion probably want to see it too. I could go get them... or I could pull a prank on them." He thought for a moment.

"Orion's pranked Cool at least five times since they met," Night said, looking like he was trying not to laugh.

"Would you help if I pranked them?" Cool asked Echo, looking down at her as if he were maybe trying to intimidate her into agreeing.

Echo blinked. "Not mean," she said.

"It was a yes or no question."

"Only prank if not mean," Echo elaborated.

"You know what, fine, I'll take it. Night, don't you dare give anything away," Cool warned roughly.

Night put his wings up innocently. "I just watch."

Master smiled kindly at them all. "I'll leave now. If anything feels wrong, Echo, just let someone know." She swept herself away.

"Alright, you have to cooperate with me here, Echo," Cool said sternly. His eyes grew stormy with a delight that Echo had never seen in him before. "Revenge is gonna be fun."
I couldn't figure out how to work romance in at the moment so I gave Echo Toxin! The accent color of Algae Poi/Tox works so well with Echo's purple :D
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 35[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Sticky Pollen] I keep skipping days because I have so much stuff to do some days, I'm sorry to anyone who's still reading this mess ^^' -----[/center] After a few minutes of careful planning, Cool made his way out to prank his friends. He found Raiya talking to Orion at the edge of the Clan. Cool then threw on a scowl, which wasn't hard at all, and dived towards them. [b]"There's something wrong with Echo,"[/b] he lied urgently. [b]"What?"[/b] Raiya was up immediately and flying towards the healing den. Cool followed her, satisfied to see Echo laying there, unmoving, her toxic-pattered wings covering her head very obviously. Her acting skills were pretty good. [b]"What happened?"[/b] Orion was next to them a moment later, worry in his eyes. [b]"I don't know,"[/b] Cool said smoothly, putting concern into his voice. This was fun. [b]"Oh, Echo,"[/b] Raiya went to her side. [b]"What's going on with her wings? Are her scales safe to touch?"[/b] [b]"Um, probably not?"[/b] Cool suggested innocently. [b]"And she just woke up!"[/b] Raiya gloomily sat down. [b]"She better not sleep for another week and a half. We didn't even get to warn her!"[/b] Cool saw Echo twitch, probably out of curiosity. [i]Don't move,[/i] he wanted to hiss at her. [b]"We can tell her when she wakes again,"[/b] Orion said comfortingly. [b]"Poor child. Should we get Night's Master? Where even is Night?"[/b] [b]"Probably training,"[/b] Cool said nonchalantly. [b]"He does that a lot these days."[/b] Orion narrowed his eyes. [b]"You know, you sound suspiciously helpful."[/b] [b]"Whatever."[/b] Raiya hopelessly looked back at Echo, a heartbreaking sadness staining her voice. [b]"I hope she's ok--"[/b] The ridgeback suddenly jumped backwards. Echo lifted her wing and opened her eye. [b]"I said no mean prank!"[/b] she pouted to Cool, not able to take seeing her friends so distressed any longer. Cool groaned. [b]"You ruined it!"[/b] he complained. Raiya's gaze traveled from Echo to Cool slowly. [b]"Wait, wait. You pranked us? You means she's okay?"[/b] [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Cool shrugged, a hint of a smile on his face. [b]"It was going well, too."[/b] [b]"Oh my Windsinger, you--"[/b] Orion took a deep breath and patted Raiya on the back to stop her from losing her temper. [b]"Hey, er, nice job, Cool. I'm actually impressed. You got me believing every word."[/b] Cool pretended not to be extremely happy by this comment. [b]"So, what's that on Echo's wings then?"[/b] Raiya asked with gritted teeth after calming down. Night came out of hiding. [b]"I think-- I think it's a gene change of some sort, like, well, a side effect of the healing pond. It's been forming for a while but we haven't gotten to seen it since she had her wings, uh, folded." [/b] [b]"Bruh, were you there the whole time?"[/b] Orion turned to him, unfazed and very amused. [b]"Yes?"[/b] Night winced. Orion laughed. [b]"That was good, guys. If only Echo had the heart to keep going. It would've destroyed Raiya."[/b] Echo huffed. [b]"Not nice."[/b] [b]"Exactly,"[/b] Raiya raised her head up high. [b]"Anyway, Echo, do you think you're up for a short walk? There's a lot going on. Some of it's... well, not good."[/b] [b]"Oh."[/b] [b]"Yeah, little Noc,"[/b] Orion said with his usual grin back on his face. [b]"But nothing too big. Just a few deaths, some possessions, the Gloom messing with us, you know, the norm."[/b] [b]"Hey, you're not coming. Anyone who shows no concern for Echo whatsoever doesn't get to play around with her,"[/b] Raiya raised her eyebrows. Orion looked very hurt. [b]"That's not fair. I was very concerned, I just didn't have an outburst like you did, weirdo. Don't you think so, Echo?"[/b] Echo made a face. Raiya laughed, loosening a bit. [b]"Come on, we'll help you stand. I guess you can choose if you want Orion along or not. I guess he did never get to know you. Night, you wanna help?"[/b] Night's expression lit up. He came over. With Raiya on one side and nearly carrying Echo with Night supporting the other, Echo managed to wobble to her feet. [b]"Yay!"[/b] she cheered. [b]"Now tell me everything!"[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- ack the endings are so bad but at least I did some writing today :3 [/center]
Day 35
Sticky Pollen
I keep skipping days because I have so much stuff to do some days, I'm sorry to anyone who's still reading this mess ^^'
After a few minutes of careful planning, Cool made his way out to prank his friends. He found Raiya talking to Orion at the edge of the Clan.

Cool then threw on a scowl, which wasn't hard at all, and dived towards them. "There's something wrong with Echo," he lied urgently.

"What?" Raiya was up immediately and flying towards the healing den.

Cool followed her, satisfied to see Echo laying there, unmoving, her toxic-pattered wings covering her head very obviously. Her acting skills were pretty good.

"What happened?" Orion was next to them a moment later, worry in his eyes.

"I don't know," Cool said smoothly, putting concern into his voice. This was fun.

"Oh, Echo," Raiya went to her side. "What's going on with her wings? Are her scales safe to touch?"

"Um, probably not?" Cool suggested innocently.

"And she just woke up!" Raiya gloomily sat down. "She better not sleep for another week and a half. We didn't even get to warn her!"

Cool saw Echo twitch, probably out of curiosity. Don't move, he wanted to hiss at her.

"We can tell her when she wakes again," Orion said comfortingly. "Poor child. Should we get Night's Master? Where even is Night?"

"Probably training," Cool said nonchalantly. "He does that a lot these days."

Orion narrowed his eyes. "You know, you sound suspiciously helpful."

"Whatever."

Raiya hopelessly looked back at Echo, a heartbreaking sadness staining her voice. "I hope she's ok--" The ridgeback suddenly jumped backwards.

Echo lifted her wing and opened her eye. "I said no mean prank!" she pouted to Cool, not able to take seeing her friends so distressed any longer.

Cool groaned. "You ruined it!" he complained.

Raiya's gaze traveled from Echo to Cool slowly. "Wait, wait. You pranked us? You means she's okay?"

"Yeah," Cool shrugged, a hint of a smile on his face. "It was going well, too."

"Oh my Windsinger, you--"

Orion took a deep breath and patted Raiya on the back to stop her from losing her temper. "Hey, er, nice job, Cool. I'm actually impressed. You got me believing every word."

Cool pretended not to be extremely happy by this comment.

"So, what's that on Echo's wings then?" Raiya asked with gritted teeth after calming down.

Night came out of hiding. "I think-- I think it's a gene change of some sort, like, well, a side effect of the healing pond. It's been forming for a while but we haven't gotten to seen it since she had her wings, uh, folded."

"Bruh, were you there the whole time?" Orion turned to him, unfazed and very amused.

"Yes?" Night winced.

Orion laughed. "That was good, guys. If only Echo had the heart to keep going. It would've destroyed Raiya."

Echo huffed. "Not nice."

"Exactly," Raiya raised her head up high. "Anyway, Echo, do you think you're up for a short walk? There's a lot going on. Some of it's... well, not good."

"Oh."

"Yeah, little Noc," Orion said with his usual grin back on his face. "But nothing too big. Just a few deaths, some possessions, the Gloom messing with us, you know, the norm."

"Hey, you're not coming. Anyone who shows no concern for Echo whatsoever doesn't get to play around with her," Raiya raised her eyebrows.

Orion looked very hurt. "That's not fair. I was very concerned, I just didn't have an outburst like you did, weirdo. Don't you think so, Echo?"

Echo made a face.

Raiya laughed, loosening a bit. "Come on, we'll help you stand. I guess you can choose if you want Orion along or not. I guess he did never get to know you. Night, you wanna help?"

Night's expression lit up. He came over. With Raiya on one side and nearly carrying Echo with Night supporting the other, Echo managed to wobble to her feet. "Yay!" she cheered. "Now tell me everything!"
ack the endings are so bad but at least I did some writing today :3
NZ8D4KR.png
Now that exams are over I'm free again! Will catch up in the next few days and hopefully post a bit more too^^
Now that exams are over I'm free again! Will catch up in the next few days and hopefully post a bit more too^^
2WRv2Ib.jpg

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13