Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Fall of the Night
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 20[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Glitterfreeze Ambassador] Obviously I didn't get this from Pinkerton, but there's a lot of things to celebrate today! There's the Crystalline Gala, my friend @/Sugarkit's birthday, and plus Icewarden blessed our area with snow and no school tomorrow! -----[/center] Night could literally feel himself slowly thawing when the claws let him go. He was thrown against a wall, and the shock of it stole his breath. He lay on the ground, struggling to breathe. A shadow next to him coughed. [b]"Cool?"[/b] Night said weakly. [b]"Yeah,"[/b] the Pearlcatcher muttered. [b]"What the heck?"[/b] A moment later, Raiya collapsed in front of them. [b]"That was cold,"[/b] she said shakily, standing up quickly and regaining her posture. [b]"Are you two both here?"[/b] [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Cool and Night said at the same time. [b]"Where is this?"[/b] Raiya anxiously observed the dark surroundings. [b]"It looks like we were thrown into another one of those ruins shelter things."[/b] [b]"That's just great,"[/b] Cool sighed sarcastically. There was a whisk of freezing wind and all three dragons shivered. A moment later, a dragon bigger than all of them glided in front of them. She glowed-- blue and white. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=47938875&skin=29073&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] In her clutches was Echo, who had paled and wasn't moving at all. When the little Nocturne was set down, her eyes were squeezed shut and her body was limp. [b]"Echo?"[/b] Raiya immediately went over to her. [b]"Why isn't she moving?"[/b] she asked the new dragon maturely. [b]"I assume, perhaps, that the little one's defenses were too feeble for the cold that I radiate,"[/b] the Coatl said with a delicate, blurred accent. Each word had a different pitch and timbre, the word 'radiate' being particularly warm and the word 'cold' feeling lashing, harsh. Raiya looked at the new coatl, not seeming to distrust her at all. Considering the fact that she had just thrown them all into an unknown place and hurt their friend, Night thought it was kind of weird that Raiya didn't suspect anything. [b]"Is she going to be okay?"[/b] Night himself didn't know what to think about the ice-touched Coatl. The magical energies were off balance, but that didn't seem to come completely from her. She didn't seem dangerous, but her way of talking was so unnatural and foreign that it almost felt robotic. It was like she was using coatl-humming combined with usual Draconic and it was just wrong. But it worked. As Raiya questioned the new icy dragon, Night crouched down next to Echo, saying some weird words that probably sounded like complete nonsense to an outsider. It was a simple spell in an ancient language he had memorized. He felt warmth rush through him, healing his body and then sending it all towards Echo. [b]"You like like you're going to freeze over,"[/b] Cool observed rudely out of nowhere. [b]"And you look like you belong at the bottom of the ocean,"[/b] the Coatl sniffed. [b]"Where a shiver of sharks can bite and slash you into pieces and no one would care or care to know."[/b] Cool's eyebrows raised, looking slightly stunned.[b] "Geez,"[/b] he muttered. [b]"My name is Prism. I do deeply apologize for the state your friend is in. If she stays in close proximity with me there may be permanent damage to her brain and she may also encounter the unpleasant frostbite,"[/b] the icy dragon said passively. [b]"Therefore, I shall stay as far as possible as I speak."[/b] [b]"Do you always talk this much?"[/b] Cool said, probably still salty about her previous comment. [b]"No,"[/b] Prism said simply. [b]"So basically, we need to bring Echo to a healer,"[/b] Night summarized Prism's long stream of words, feeling helpless and kind of desperate. He didn't know why; he'd only known Echo for a day but he did like her. [b]"Do you know what to do, Prism?"[/b] Cool glanced over, confused. [b]"Don't you?"[/b] [b]"Not really."[/b] Night internally pinched himself for not knowing what to do. [b]"I work with magic but not really the healing aspect."[/b] Warming a dragon up was simple, but Echo still didn't wake and Night didn't want to accidentally hurt her even more by, say, setting her on fire. But by the way Echo's scales were still biting cold to touch, Night almost felt like fire was worth a try. [b]"Look, Prism, I don't know why you brought us here but I think we need to go now,"[/b] Night put his thoughts back on the subject they needed to focus on, hoping he didn't sound rude or mean. Prism stared at him intently, alarmed. [b]"You mustn't leave. Whatever your friend faces can wait. If they find you, the outcome will be much worse."[/b] [b]"If who finds us?"[/b] Raiya asked. Prism's gaze darkened. [b]"My once-good friends. These ruins are cursed, and they have taken their souls. Ancient magic, known to you as the Gloom, perhaps? It lurks here. These are its origins."[/b] Night suddenly felt a strange sense of deja vu. He was reminded of something. This place they were in, he felt like he had visited it before. But that couldn't be possible. Right? [b]"They now lure poor lost wanderers in, and the ruins would provide a temporary home to stay the night. Yet no one since them has rested here and lived past dawn,"[/b] Prism continued. Her voice dropped. [b]"They know you are here."[/b] [b]"And how can we know we can trust you?"[/b] Night challenged her. She was twice his size and probably formidable in battle, and suddenly he wasn't sure if the safe aura around him was faked or not. He spread his wings slightly, standing protectively in front of Echo. Prism's nostrils flared. [b]"You do not. However, I do. I have lived many years and I can tell you only a million stories of failed escape attempts."[/b] [b]"Does that mean we won't get out?"[/b] Raiya asked, her voice uncharacteristically afraid. [b]"You have a chance,"[/b] Prism said. [b]"I am with you. I know their tricks and their hiding places. I will help. But for now, we must lie low and be still."[/b] Cool frowned. [b]"That sounds like a plan to get us to sleep here and die if what you're saying is true. I say we leave now."[/b] Raiya's voice was calm. [b]"I think we should wait and make sure it's safe."[/b] [b]"Why do we have to listen to you?"[/b] Cool said defiantly. [b]"Echo can't be dragged back by you alone,"[/b] Night answered sensibly, hoping Cool wouldn't confront him. [b]"We need Prism's help."[/b] He continued gently warming up Echo and trying not to make the temperature too hot. Cool glared at Night, who pretended not to notice his burning gaze. [b]"If we all die, don't blame me."[/b] [b]"I advise you not to blame. There is actually a particularly high chance that you do not make it out,"[/b] Prism interjected in a proper, concise tone. [b]"And that I will continue to be trapped here."[/b] [b]"What do you mean?"[/b] Raiya asked, turning to the Coatl. Prism looked sad. [b]"Alas, it is my own curse. My dragon friends turned into killers, and I was their robot. A robot, meant to replace a dragon that had died long before. We were all bound here as victims, but the Gloom could not take my soul for I had none. Instead, I am simply unable to leave. I have dedicated my life, if you can call it one, to saving unfortunate dragons such as you."[/b] She raised her head, her next words sending shivers down Nights spine. [b]"I have yet to succeed."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Do you like Prism? She's kinda sassy which I definitely like, but I do need another lighthearted character which I plan on adding soon. Also she's a robot which will be fun to play with. Also Happy Birthday Sugarkit! [/center]
Day 20
Glitterfreeze Ambassador
Obviously I didn't get this from Pinkerton, but there's a lot of things to celebrate today! There's the Crystalline Gala, my friend @/Sugarkit's birthday, and plus Icewarden blessed our area with snow and no school tomorrow!
Night could literally feel himself slowly thawing when the claws let him go. He was thrown against a wall, and the shock of it stole his breath. He lay on the ground, struggling to breathe.

A shadow next to him coughed.

"Cool?" Night said weakly.

"Yeah," the Pearlcatcher muttered. "What the heck?"

A moment later, Raiya collapsed in front of them. "That was cold," she said shakily, standing up quickly and regaining her posture. "Are you two both here?"

"Yeah," Cool and Night said at the same time.

"Where is this?" Raiya anxiously observed the dark surroundings. "It looks like we were thrown into another one of those ruins shelter things."

"That's just great," Cool sighed sarcastically.

There was a whisk of freezing wind and all three dragons shivered. A moment later, a dragon bigger than all of them glided in front of them. She glowed-- blue and white.
dragon?did=47938875&skin=29073&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

In her clutches was Echo, who had paled and wasn't moving at all. When the little Nocturne was set down, her eyes were squeezed shut and her body was limp.

"Echo?" Raiya immediately went over to her. "Why isn't she moving?" she asked the new dragon maturely.

"I assume, perhaps, that the little one's defenses were too feeble for the cold that I radiate," the Coatl said with a delicate, blurred accent. Each word had a different pitch and timbre, the word 'radiate' being particularly warm and the word 'cold' feeling lashing, harsh.

Raiya looked at the new coatl, not seeming to distrust her at all. Considering the fact that she had just thrown them all into an unknown place and hurt their friend, Night thought it was kind of weird that Raiya didn't suspect anything. "Is she going to be okay?"

Night himself didn't know what to think about the ice-touched Coatl. The magical energies were off balance, but that didn't seem to come completely from her. She didn't seem dangerous, but her way of talking was so unnatural and foreign that it almost felt robotic. It was like she was using coatl-humming combined with usual Draconic and it was just wrong. But it worked.

As Raiya questioned the new icy dragon, Night crouched down next to Echo, saying some weird words that probably sounded like complete nonsense to an outsider. It was a simple spell in an ancient language he had memorized. He felt warmth rush through him, healing his body and then sending it all towards Echo.

"You like like you're going to freeze over," Cool observed rudely out of nowhere.

"And you look like you belong at the bottom of the ocean," the Coatl sniffed. "Where a shiver of sharks can bite and slash you into pieces and no one would care or care to know."

Cool's eyebrows raised, looking slightly stunned. "Geez," he muttered.

"My name is Prism. I do deeply apologize for the state your friend is in. If she stays in close proximity with me there may be permanent damage to her brain and she may also encounter the unpleasant frostbite," the icy dragon said passively. "Therefore, I shall stay as far as possible as I speak."

"Do you always talk this much?" Cool said, probably still salty about her previous comment.

"No," Prism said simply.

"So basically, we need to bring Echo to a healer," Night summarized Prism's long stream of words, feeling helpless and kind of desperate. He didn't know why; he'd only known Echo for a day but he did like her. "Do you know what to do, Prism?"

Cool glanced over, confused. "Don't you?"

"Not really." Night internally pinched himself for not knowing what to do. "I work with magic but not really the healing aspect." Warming a dragon up was simple, but Echo still didn't wake and Night didn't want to accidentally hurt her even more by, say, setting her on fire. But by the way Echo's scales were still biting cold to touch, Night almost felt like fire was worth a try.

"Look, Prism, I don't know why you brought us here but I think we need to go now," Night put his thoughts back on the subject they needed to focus on, hoping he didn't sound rude or mean.

Prism stared at him intently, alarmed. "You mustn't leave. Whatever your friend faces can wait. If they find you, the outcome will be much worse."

"If who finds us?" Raiya asked.

Prism's gaze darkened. "My once-good friends. These ruins are cursed, and they have taken their souls. Ancient magic, known to you as the Gloom, perhaps? It lurks here. These are its origins."

Night suddenly felt a strange sense of deja vu. He was reminded of something. This place they were in, he felt like he had visited it before. But that couldn't be possible. Right?

"They now lure poor lost wanderers in, and the ruins would provide a temporary home to stay the night. Yet no one since them has rested here and lived past dawn," Prism continued. Her voice dropped. "They know you are here."

"And how can we know we can trust you?" Night challenged her. She was twice his size and probably formidable in battle, and suddenly he wasn't sure if the safe aura around him was faked or not. He spread his wings slightly, standing protectively in front of Echo.

Prism's nostrils flared. "You do not. However, I do. I have lived many years and I can tell you only a million stories of failed escape attempts."

"Does that mean we won't get out?" Raiya asked, her voice uncharacteristically afraid.

"You have a chance," Prism said. "I am with you. I know their tricks and their hiding places. I will help. But for now, we must lie low and be still."

Cool frowned. "That sounds like a plan to get us to sleep here and die if what you're saying is true. I say we leave now."

Raiya's voice was calm. "I think we should wait and make sure it's safe."

"Why do we have to listen to you?" Cool said defiantly.

"Echo can't be dragged back by you alone," Night answered sensibly, hoping Cool wouldn't confront him. "We need Prism's help." He continued gently warming up Echo and trying not to make the temperature too hot.

Cool glared at Night, who pretended not to notice his burning gaze. "If we all die, don't blame me."

"I advise you not to blame. There is actually a particularly high chance that you do not make it out," Prism interjected in a proper, concise tone. "And that I will continue to be trapped here."

"What do you mean?" Raiya asked, turning to the Coatl.

Prism looked sad. "Alas, it is my own curse. My dragon friends turned into killers, and I was their robot. A robot, meant to replace a dragon that had died long before. We were all bound here as victims, but the Gloom could not take my soul for I had none. Instead, I am simply unable to leave. I have dedicated my life, if you can call it one, to saving unfortunate dragons such as you."

She raised her head, her next words sending shivers down Nights spine. "I have yet to succeed."
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed
Do you like Prism? She's kinda sassy which I definitely like, but I do need another lighthearted character which I plan on adding soon. Also she's a robot which will be fun to play with.

Also Happy Birthday Sugarkit!
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
Wow.. and thanks!!
Wow.. and thanks!!
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 21[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Berserker] Wow. Just... wow. I would normally really appreciate these, Pink, but can you try not to destroy all my beloved characters, please? Also, just so you know, I'm not going to be following site lore very closely for the dragon breeds. For example, Imps are bigger than other species but not ridiculously big like they're technically supposed to be, and Nocturnes aren't going to mimic everything. -----[/center] They waited, Prism being especially alert. Cool nearly fell asleep once and was promptly slapped awake by Prism's tail. [b]"Wait, so you're a robot,"[/b] Night said. "[b]How are you magic?"[/b] [b]"I assume you speak of my ice and my personality,"[/b] Prism said. [b]"I understand it in numbers and yet there is still part of it that I do not know. It has something to do with energies and cores."[/b] [b]"Ookay,"[/b] Night said. Cool noticed something moving through a crack in the caved in stone building they were hiding in. [b]"Shut up,"[/b] he hissed. [b]"There's something there."[/b] Prism turned around, examining. She focused on the yellowish colored rock and her vision scanned through it. There was something there. Someone. Someone very dangerous. [b]"Prism,"[/b] the dragon outside called in a masculine voice, sounding extremely friendly for someone who was supposedly going to kill them. [b]"I smell blood in the future. We have visitors, am I correct?"[/b] His tone was low and comforting. Cool and the others were silent, and all they could hear was their own breathing. [b]"Oh, stop with the games. I know you're there. And I know you're hiding some little friends again,"[/b] the stranger's voice grew harder, sharper. [b]"You can't stay in there forever. I might not fit through that slit you made but Akurra sure can."[/b] No one spoke a word. Prism calculated how long it would take the Imperial outside to call the others and how long it would take them to respond plus how fast they could get here. She didn't have much time at all if she wanted to get these innocent hatchlings to safety. A distraction would be the best, of course, but how could she make that happen? She definitely wouldn't mind sacrificing Cool but that wouldn't be very nice. And there was also the fact that she would have to carry Echo, which would slow them all down. [b]"I have a plan,"[/b] Raiya said finally, very quietly. [b]"But it's really dumb."[/b] [b]"I hear you!"[/b] the stranger forcefully said. Raiya flinched, then leaned over to whisper it in Night's ear, and then Prism's. The dragon outside laughed in fake delight. [b]"Plotting against me, I see how it is."[/b] The friends ignored him and motioned with their claws. This way, that way. [b]"I'm the only one strong enough but I cannot carry Echo,"[/b] Prism realized, looking at the unconscious shape in the corner by Night. [b]"Her wings are already icing over. I would kill her."[/b] Night thought for a second. [b]"I can,"[/b] he whispered. [b]"Magic."[/b] It would be draining and take longer, however. [b]"Akurra! Come and enjoy today's chase!"[/b] the stranger outside gallantly shouted into the quiet night air. [b]"Chase, you say?"[/b] the new voice was high-pitched, ringing, and deadly. Prism could see the spiral's shape speeding towards them. [b]"Now!"[/b] she yelped. She slipped through the exit of their crumbled refuge and her wings thrust her into the air, Raiya and Cool going after her. There was a scream. Night's wings shook. He had to trust that they would be okay. He had to focus. [b]"[font=courier new]Lift[/font]."[/b] Night muttered, the ancient language of mages feeling familiar on his tongue. Echo's limp shape rose slowly into the air. Night put all his energy into keeping her there. Cradling half of the cold little Nocturne's body in his arms, he gritted his teeth as his magic and his physical strength worked together to carry Echo. She looked so helpless and was still shivering. Night tried to add as much warmth as he could to her. He glanced outside through the sliver of light. There wasn't much time. Three dragons were on Raiya's heels as she darted through the air. There was no one watching him. Night took a deep breath and stepped outside. He couldn't turn back now. With a swift move, preparing to fly close to the ground, dragging Echo with him, he leaped into the air. He was in a sprint, one of those where you lean forwards so that you have to go faster or you'll fall on your face, where all he could think was to keep Echo lifted and warm, and to keep going. There was a shriek behind him. A battle cry, or a cry for help. That moment of distraction made him lose the link in his magic, and Echo's dead weight pulled Night to the ground. There was a flare of fire and for a moment Night was terrified that he'd burned Echo to death. But then the little Nocturne coughed. Her eyes fluttered open. [b]"Echo,"[/b] Night was stunned. [b]"It me,"[/b] Echo smiled. She sneezed. [b]"There!"[/b] a voice yelled, making them both jump. It was the same Imperial who had lurked outside their hiding spot beforehand. [b]"Escapees!"[/b] Night grabbed Echo's arm and tried to fly. [b]"Run!"[/b] Echo wobbly went after him, but she was still half-frozen and weak, slowing their progress down. They were a good chunk of space ahead, but two flaps of the stranger's wings and he was nearly right behind them. [b]"Faster!"[/b] Echo yelped to herself. She rushed ahead with a burst of speed and caught up to Night. But they were only hatchlings, and the Imperial managed to get to them quickly. The big dragon went for Echo first, slicing a claw, aiming at her neck. Echo ducked just in time and the Imp slashed air. [b]"Go!"[/b] Echo got hold of Night's wing and pulled him away as their attacker roared in rage and went for Night's head. [b]"Go go go! Why you chasing us?"[/b] she wailed. The large dragon's voice became chilling. [b]"There is no why, there is only death,"[/b] he growled. And then he was suddenly in front of them, and Night responded quickly enough to dodge to the side. Echo, however, was not so lucky. She flew straight into the Imp's hungry claws. [b]"Ahhh!"[/b] she squeaked. She tried to fly away the moment she collided with him, but she was pulled back into a position where she had to look up at the stranger's face. She regretted looking at the Imperial's expression immediately. His eyes were glowing, evilly, just like Banish's had. Horrible thoughts and memories came back and a new, fresh wave of fear overtook Echo and she was frozen, petrified, bracing herself for death. Night recovered from crashing into the ground, narrowly missing the Imperial. He glanced up, not really knowing what to do. He was possessed and had the power of the Gloom with him so a magic battle would definitely not be a smart idea. But what other idea did he have? He sent a bolt flying, which crashed into the Imperial's claws just where Night had aimed. The dragon monster dropped Echo, who landed at his feet, stunned. She managed to scramble backwards to avoid being squished just in time as he leaned forwards and stomped in anger. [b]"You!"[/b] the Imperial scowled greedily at Night. Night bravely lifted into the air, keeping his guard up, shaking. He didn't know where he learned it so well but he concretely knew that Imps weren't agile in the sky. That could be his advantage. [b]"Come get me,"[/b] he taunted with a trembling voice. The Imperial chased after him, his big wings throwing a shadow over Night. Night sent another hard, rocky bolt at the dragon, aiming for his head. It collided with one of his antlers and the Imp howled out as it snapped in two. [b]"You dare fight me?"[/b] he bellowed. Even more enraged, the possessed monster charged at Night without mercy. Night dropped down to avoid him. [b]"Fool!"[/b] the Imp turned, shaking his head, and fiercely charged again. Night leaped to the side but he had learned his lesson, moving a wing forwards to sweep Night backwards, making him lose balance. Night was now in a vulnerable state, trying to recover. The dragon took advantage of this. His strong tail, with a force heavier than an iron pole, swung at Night faster than he could comprehend it. [i]Whoosh![/i] Echo suddenly came flying out of nowhere, bowling him out of the sky. The impact sent Night hurtling into the ground, the Imp's tail narrowly missing him by inches. Echo crash-landed next to Night, breathing heavily. [b]"You won't escape me now,"[/b] the monster Imperial landed, his eyes glowing so bright that Night had to look away from his face. The world was spinning slightly and Night wasn't sure how he was even still conscious. [b]"They never do,"[/b] he smiled maliciously, his eyeballs rolling to the back of his head. Night was still struggling to breathe, the air knocked out of him from being thrown out of the sky and hitting the ground so hard. He gasped and coughed soundlessly, his chest hurting with every rasping breath. Barely able to move, he tried to push himself backwards, but he knew that the Imperial wouldn't miss him this time. "No!" Echo cried out next to Night, but even she wouldn't be fast enough to get to him in time. Gathering up the last of his energy, Night tried to throw out another bolt. It flew limply from his claw and collided gently on his target, making nearly no impact. There was a manic, corrupted chuckle. The last thing Night remembered was a claw, blurred as it sliced the air towards him. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Don't worry, it doesn't end here. This will be a two-part update because it's so long and I need sleep. I can't tell you anything else except that the battle shall continue tomorrow! [/center]
Day 21
Berserker
Wow. Just... wow. I would normally really appreciate these, Pink, but can you try not to destroy all my beloved characters, please?

Also, just so you know, I'm not going to be following site lore very closely for the dragon breeds. For example, Imps are bigger than other species but not ridiculously big like they're technically supposed to be, and Nocturnes aren't going to mimic everything.
They waited, Prism being especially alert. Cool nearly fell asleep once and was promptly slapped awake by Prism's tail.

"Wait, so you're a robot," Night said. "How are you magic?"

"I assume you speak of my ice and my personality," Prism said. "I understand it in numbers and yet there is still part of it that I do not know. It has something to do with energies and cores."

"Ookay," Night said.

Cool noticed something moving through a crack in the caved in stone building they were hiding in. "Shut up," he hissed. "There's something there."

Prism turned around, examining. She focused on the yellowish colored rock and her vision scanned through it. There was something there. Someone. Someone very dangerous.

"Prism," the dragon outside called in a masculine voice, sounding extremely friendly for someone who was supposedly going to kill them. "I smell blood in the future. We have visitors, am I correct?" His tone was low and comforting.

Cool and the others were silent, and all they could hear was their own breathing.

"Oh, stop with the games. I know you're there. And I know you're hiding some little friends again," the stranger's voice grew harder, sharper. "You can't stay in there forever. I might not fit through that slit you made but Akurra sure can."

No one spoke a word.

Prism calculated how long it would take the Imperial outside to call the others and how long it would take them to respond plus how fast they could get here. She didn't have much time at all if she wanted to get these innocent hatchlings to safety.

A distraction would be the best, of course, but how could she make that happen? She definitely wouldn't mind sacrificing Cool but that wouldn't be very nice. And there was also the fact that she would have to carry Echo, which would slow them all down.

"I have a plan," Raiya said finally, very quietly. "But it's really dumb."

"I hear you!" the stranger forcefully said.

Raiya flinched, then leaned over to whisper it in Night's ear, and then Prism's.

The dragon outside laughed in fake delight. "Plotting against me, I see how it is."

The friends ignored him and motioned with their claws. This way, that way.

"I'm the only one strong enough but I cannot carry Echo," Prism realized, looking at the unconscious shape in the corner by Night. "Her wings are already icing over. I would kill her."

Night thought for a second. "I can," he whispered. "Magic." It would be draining and take longer, however.

"Akurra! Come and enjoy today's chase!" the stranger outside gallantly shouted into the quiet night air.

"Chase, you say?" the new voice was high-pitched, ringing, and deadly.

Prism could see the spiral's shape speeding towards them. "Now!" she yelped.

She slipped through the exit of their crumbled refuge and her wings thrust her into the air, Raiya and Cool going after her. There was a scream.

Night's wings shook. He had to trust that they would be okay. He had to focus.

"Lift." Night muttered, the ancient language of mages feeling familiar on his tongue.

Echo's limp shape rose slowly into the air.

Night put all his energy into keeping her there. Cradling half of the cold little Nocturne's body in his arms, he gritted his teeth as his magic and his physical strength worked together to carry Echo. She looked so helpless and was still shivering. Night tried to add as much warmth as he could to her.

He glanced outside through the sliver of light. There wasn't much time. Three dragons were on Raiya's heels as she darted through the air. There was no one watching him.

Night took a deep breath and stepped outside. He couldn't turn back now. With a swift move, preparing to fly close to the ground, dragging Echo with him, he leaped into the air.

He was in a sprint, one of those where you lean forwards so that you have to go faster or you'll fall on your face, where all he could think was to keep Echo lifted and warm, and to keep going.

There was a shriek behind him. A battle cry, or a cry for help.

That moment of distraction made him lose the link in his magic, and Echo's dead weight pulled Night to the ground. There was a flare of fire and for a moment Night was terrified that he'd burned Echo to death.

But then the little Nocturne coughed. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Echo," Night was stunned.

"It me," Echo smiled. She sneezed.

"There!" a voice yelled, making them both jump. It was the same Imperial who had lurked outside their hiding spot beforehand. "Escapees!"

Night grabbed Echo's arm and tried to fly. "Run!"

Echo wobbly went after him, but she was still half-frozen and weak, slowing their progress down. They were a good chunk of space ahead, but two flaps of the stranger's wings and he was nearly right behind them.

"Faster!" Echo yelped to herself. She rushed ahead with a burst of speed and caught up to Night.

But they were only hatchlings, and the Imperial managed to get to them quickly. The big dragon went for Echo first, slicing a claw, aiming at her neck. Echo ducked just in time and the Imp slashed air.

"Go!" Echo got hold of Night's wing and pulled him away as their attacker roared in rage and went for Night's head. "Go go go! Why you chasing us?" she wailed.

The large dragon's voice became chilling. "There is no why, there is only death," he growled.

And then he was suddenly in front of them, and Night responded quickly enough to dodge to the side. Echo, however, was not so lucky. She flew straight into the Imp's hungry claws. "Ahhh!" she squeaked. She tried to fly away the moment she collided with him, but she was pulled back into a position where she had to look up at the stranger's face.

She regretted looking at the Imperial's expression immediately. His eyes were glowing, evilly, just like Banish's had.

Horrible thoughts and memories came back and a new, fresh wave of fear overtook Echo and she was frozen, petrified, bracing herself for death.

Night recovered from crashing into the ground, narrowly missing the Imperial. He glanced up, not really knowing what to do. He was possessed and had the power of the Gloom with him so a magic battle would definitely not be a smart idea. But what other idea did he have?

He sent a bolt flying, which crashed into the Imperial's claws just where Night had aimed.

The dragon monster dropped Echo, who landed at his feet, stunned. She managed to scramble backwards to avoid being squished just in time as he leaned forwards and stomped in anger.

"You!" the Imperial scowled greedily at Night.

Night bravely lifted into the air, keeping his guard up, shaking. He didn't know where he learned it so well but he concretely knew that Imps weren't agile in the sky. That could be his advantage. "Come get me," he taunted with a trembling voice.

The Imperial chased after him, his big wings throwing a shadow over Night. Night sent another hard, rocky bolt at the dragon, aiming for his head. It collided with one of his antlers and the Imp howled out as it snapped in two. "You dare fight me?" he bellowed.

Even more enraged, the possessed monster charged at Night without mercy. Night dropped down to avoid him.

"Fool!" the Imp turned, shaking his head, and fiercely charged again. Night leaped to the side but he had learned his lesson, moving a wing forwards to sweep Night backwards, making him lose balance.

Night was now in a vulnerable state, trying to recover. The dragon took advantage of this. His strong tail, with a force heavier than an iron pole, swung at Night faster than he could comprehend it.

Whoosh! Echo suddenly came flying out of nowhere, bowling him out of the sky. The impact sent Night hurtling into the ground, the Imp's tail narrowly missing him by inches. Echo crash-landed next to Night, breathing heavily.

"You won't escape me now," the monster Imperial landed, his eyes glowing so bright that Night had to look away from his face. The world was spinning slightly and Night wasn't sure how he was even still conscious. "They never do," he smiled maliciously, his eyeballs rolling to the back of his head.

Night was still struggling to breathe, the air knocked out of him from being thrown out of the sky and hitting the ground so hard. He gasped and coughed soundlessly, his chest hurting with every rasping breath. Barely able to move, he tried to push himself backwards, but he knew that the Imperial wouldn't miss him this time.

"No!" Echo cried out next to Night, but even she wouldn't be fast enough to get to him in time.

Gathering up the last of his energy, Night tried to throw out another bolt. It flew limply from his claw and collided gently on his target, making nearly no impact. There was a manic, corrupted chuckle.

The last thing Night remembered was a claw, blurred as it sliced the air towards him.
Don't worry, it doesn't end here. This will be a two-part update because it's so long and I need sleep. I can't tell you anything else except that the battle shall continue tomorrow!
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 22[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Dark Basalt] Alright let's continue, shall we? -----[/center] Echo clumsily hurtled herself at the Imperial before he could hurt Night, and managed to strike him in the chest. The Imperial bellowed in surprise and his claw missed Night's heart, slashing across his lower back instead. Echo didn't see it though. The impact hurt so much that the edge of her sight began to blacken. She was pretty sure she broke like every bone in her body. It ached and seared her and it was all she could do to stop herself from wailing. She fell to the ground and couldn't find the strength to move again. They were defeated. [b]"Akurra you idiot!"[/b] the Imperial suddenly yelled. Echo forced her eyes open. A flash of blue-- Cool? But there were two blurs of blue@ One of them glowed and one of them was barely able to be seen. The night was getting dark but at least the rain had stopped. Echo wildly tried to find any sign of pink but Raiya wasn't with them. Her heart sank. She couldn't imagine the worst. Not now. A black and white thin dragon-- a spiral! She was probably Akurra. Echo saw the spiral spiraling towards her and wondered why in Sorneith someone would go after a broken body unable to move when they should be defending themselves. [b]"What did you call me? Would you like to say that again, Pio?"[/b] Her voice slithered and hissed like a snake's. Echo didn't like it at all. Akurra landed next to Echo and Echo couldn't tell what she was doing or planning. She made a weird grunt and tried to move but it all hurt so much, like flames. [b]"Idiot! Help me won't you?"[/b] Pio, the Imperial was called, lashed his tail, crushing a few poor plants. [b]"Die!"[/b] Akurra let out a deafening high-pitched scream and threw herself towards Pio, but didn't attack him. Instead, she changed course in a second's time and wrapped herself around Cool's body. Echo heard Cool let out a choking noise, scratching and kicking at Akurra. Blood dripped from the spiral's body but she didn't seem to care or feel it at all. That was another thing that bothered Echo. The possessed dragons' recklessness. They must have a very quick way to heal themselves to get injured and don't mind it. She wondered what it was. If it was the Gloom then she couldn't do anything, but if it was a physical, or rather, magical item, then maybe she could save Night and herself and then find Raiya. Echo pulled herself up to a sitting position very dizzily. She couldn't seem to get enough air. Her breathing was ragged and ouch her muscles were screaming and her bones all told her that she should not move or else she would die. How could she help? She was going unnoticed by the two possessed monsters and it seemed that just fighting them or running away wasn't working. She remembered her familiar, a Phoenix, who came whenever she called him through a fire. But there was no fire and she was too weak to make one. One of the blue dragons suddenly swooped by Echo. A coatl she didn't recognize. [b]"I am Prism. Friend. Robot. Fighting with Cool. Swear to all deities."[/b] Echo didn't know what to think. It felt like Prism was indeed a friend and Echo trusted her gut feeling. Prism flew by a second time. [b]"There,"[/b] she said. Echo blinked, confused. She came over again a second later before swishing away. [b]"Is. A."[/b] [i]Okay, I can figure this out,[/i] Echo thought, trying to pull her thoughts together. [i]There is a...[/i] [b]"Pond of,"[/b] Prism said the next time. [i]There is a pond of...[/i] [b]"Of healing."[/b] Echo's heart beat faster. There could be hope, if this Prism dragon was right. [b]"Down-- that way-- but be warned-- toxic-- dip claws-- do not swallow-- do not touch with-- wings or eyes or scales-- only clawtips-- be careful--"[/b] Each messaged was timed perfectly so that Echo heard it clearly but Prism got back to the battle in time. The perks of being a robot, she guessed. Echo pieced it all together slowly, until Prism's final message. [b]"Go now."[/b] There was a shove. Echo didn't know it at the time, but Prism had calculated it all perfectly-- that one powerful shove would send Echo rolling in the exact direction she needed to go, and the push had enough force that when Echo stopped she would only be a little bit away from being able to see the pond glowing in the darkened sky. [b]"Ahhh!"[/b] Echo rolled and tumbled, the world growing farther and farther away by the second. After a while of fierce, undying pain, Echo pulled her mind together. Her eyes didn't focus but she saw in the distance a glow. Echo stumbled towards it, one very slow step at a time. Her legs wouldn't work and her wings were limp so she had to reach forwards with her front claws, lodge them in the ground, and drag herself forwards. She felt so useless; Night had probably bled to death by now and who knows how the others were doing. It was very long and painful. Echo couldn't feel the bottom half of her body anymore when she finally saw the water. Well, if you could call it water. [b]"Wow,"[/b] Echo said aloud. The pond swirled with a mess of color, red and green and orange and purple and cyan, all moving and churning and gleaming with a silver coat as if it were polished. It indeed looked very toxic. Echo wasn't sure she even wanted to dip her claws in it. But if this was a healing source, it made sense why the possessed didn't even bother with protecting themselves. And plus, Prism knew more about this place than she did by the way she talked. There was no one else to trust. Very very hesitantly, Echo dipped one clawtip in the 'water'. A rush of energy and relief zoomed up her body, first through her arm and shoulder and then up to her head and down to her chest and legs. [b]"Whoa,"[/b] she whispered in awe. Echo didn't hesitate at all to put another claw in, making sure her scales didn't accidentally brush the water just like Prism said. She only felt goodness for a while as everything gently mended itself. Echo couldn't believe how clear the world could look when it wasn't a spinning blob of color. And it was so easy to breathe too- she wasn't heaving or not getting enough air and feeling like she was going to suffocate anymore. [b]"Ack!"[/b] There was suddenly a shock of electric-like energy. Echo took that as a sign that she should probably take her claws out. She wiped them on the grass and sprinted back to Night as fast as she could. There was silence when she got there. For a moment Echo couldn't breathe because she thought she was too late. And then she saw that a huge body had fallen. It had to be Pio. But how? Echo would ask Prism later, she decided. She found Akurra trying to strangle Cool and Cool desperately prying the spiral off of his neck. Echo, with new energy, sneaked up behind Akurra and put her claws around her neck, pulling the surprised dragon off of Cool and giving him just a moment to recover before Echo couldn't hold on to the thrashing monster anymore. Echo then, with great effort because of her small size, tugged Night onto her back. A moment later Prism joined her. [b]"We must be quick,"[/b] Prism murmured. [b]"We have precisely 9.8 seconds to bring Night there before I freeze him."[/b] [b]"Okay,"[/b] Echo said with determination, knowing now that she could trust the robot. She flew at full speed, though it wasn't even close to Prism's precise and superdragon robot speed. When she arrived at the pond, Prism had already dropped Night off. [b]"Exactly 9.3 seconds,"[/b] Prism said proudly. [b]"That is a record, my friend. I now should help hold Akurra now. She is quite agile for someone her age."[/b] There was a [i]whoosh[/i] and the Coatl was gone. Echo ran over to Night and carefully pulled him close to the pond. She took one of the freezing cold talons of the poor Nocturne and stuck them in the billowing water. [i]Please heal please heal please heal[/i] she thought despairingly. It felt like an eternity later when Night's body began to glow. For a moment Echo just sat there in pure relief, but after a while she realized that instead of the gentle pureness Echo felt, Night's healing energy radiated darkness, like tainted evil. Echo shuddered and stepped away for a second. It wasn't long before Night's eyes fluttered open, the gash in his chest that had been spilling blood mercilessly before now healed. "Dskghelff," Night mumbled gibberish. It reminded Echo of first meeting Lena and all of a sudden she was sad. Night tried to sit up and immediately collapsed. [b]"Careful. Not fully healed,"[/b] Echo warned. Night stared at her. [b]"Yeah, I can tell, thanks. Um, what is this?"[/b] [b]"Healing pond! Prism show me,"[/b] Echo explained. Night's whole body shook with a rack of coughs. [b]"It's evil,"[/b] he said. [b]"I keep having flashbacks or something but I don't think they're mine."[/b] He jerked all of a sudden. The way he said it filled Echo with a terror that she couldn't explain. "[b]It healing,"[/b] she said, but more uncertainly. [b]"Keep going. I find Raiya."[/b] [b]"Okay,"[/b] Night agreed, laying down again slowly with a few shuddering breaths. [b]"Okay. I'll be okay." [/b] But he broke into a coughing fit again, and then gagged, throwing up what appeared to be dust. His body was healing, but his eyes were wide, seeing horrors that weren't there. Echo flew away shakily, wondering he would really be okay. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Welp I didn't mean for it to be so long buuuuut there's going to be a part 3. Stay tuned I guess? [/center]
Day 22
Dark Basalt
Alright let's continue, shall we?
Echo clumsily hurtled herself at the Imperial before he could hurt Night, and managed to strike him in the chest.

The Imperial bellowed in surprise and his claw missed Night's heart, slashing across his lower back instead.

Echo didn't see it though. The impact hurt so much that the edge of her sight began to blacken. She was pretty sure she broke like every bone in her body. It ached and seared her and it was all she could do to stop herself from wailing.

She fell to the ground and couldn't find the strength to move again. They were defeated.

"Akurra you idiot!" the Imperial suddenly yelled. Echo forced her eyes open.

A flash of blue-- Cool? But there were two blurs of blue@ One of them glowed and one of them was barely able to be seen. The night was getting dark but at least the rain had stopped.

Echo wildly tried to find any sign of pink but Raiya wasn't with them. Her heart sank. She couldn't imagine the worst. Not now.

A black and white thin dragon-- a spiral! She was probably Akurra. Echo saw the spiral spiraling towards her and wondered why in Sorneith someone would go after a broken body unable to move when they should be defending themselves.

"What did you call me? Would you like to say that again, Pio?" Her voice slithered and hissed like a snake's. Echo didn't like it at all.

Akurra landed next to Echo and Echo couldn't tell what she was doing or planning. She made a weird grunt and tried to move but it all hurt so much, like flames.

"Idiot! Help me won't you?" Pio, the Imperial was called, lashed his tail, crushing a few poor plants.

"Die!" Akurra let out a deafening high-pitched scream and threw herself towards Pio, but didn't attack him. Instead, she changed course in a second's time and wrapped herself around Cool's body. Echo heard Cool let out a choking noise, scratching and kicking at Akurra. Blood dripped from the spiral's body but she didn't seem to care or feel it at all.

That was another thing that bothered Echo. The possessed dragons' recklessness. They must have a very quick way to heal themselves to get injured and don't mind it. She wondered what it was. If it was the Gloom then she couldn't do anything, but if it was a physical, or rather, magical item, then maybe she could save Night and herself and then find Raiya.

Echo pulled herself up to a sitting position very dizzily. She couldn't seem to get enough air. Her breathing was ragged and ouch her muscles were screaming and her bones all told her that she should not move or else she would die.

How could she help? She was going unnoticed by the two possessed monsters and it seemed that just fighting them or running away wasn't working. She remembered her familiar, a Phoenix, who came whenever she called him through a fire. But there was no fire and she was too weak to make one.

One of the blue dragons suddenly swooped by Echo. A coatl she didn't recognize. "I am Prism. Friend. Robot. Fighting with Cool. Swear to all deities." Echo didn't know what to think. It felt like Prism was indeed a friend and Echo trusted her gut feeling.

Prism flew by a second time. "There," she said. Echo blinked, confused.

She came over again a second later before swishing away. "Is. A."

Okay, I can figure this out, Echo thought, trying to pull her thoughts together. There is a...

"Pond of," Prism said the next time.

There is a pond of...

"Of healing."

Echo's heart beat faster. There could be hope, if this Prism dragon was right.

"Down-- that way-- but be warned-- toxic-- dip claws-- do not swallow-- do not touch with-- wings or eyes or scales-- only clawtips-- be careful--"

Each messaged was timed perfectly so that Echo heard it clearly but Prism got back to the battle in time. The perks of being a robot, she guessed. Echo pieced it all together slowly, until Prism's final message.

"Go now."

There was a shove. Echo didn't know it at the time, but Prism had calculated it all perfectly-- that one powerful shove would send Echo rolling in the exact direction she needed to go, and the push had enough force that when Echo stopped she would only be a little bit away from being able to see the pond glowing in the darkened sky.

"Ahhh!" Echo rolled and tumbled, the world growing farther and farther away by the second.

After a while of fierce, undying pain, Echo pulled her mind together. Her eyes didn't focus but she saw in the distance a glow.

Echo stumbled towards it, one very slow step at a time. Her legs wouldn't work and her wings were limp so she had to reach forwards with her front claws, lodge them in the ground, and drag herself forwards. She felt so useless; Night had probably bled to death by now and who knows how the others were doing.

It was very long and painful. Echo couldn't feel the bottom half of her body anymore when she finally saw the water. Well, if you could call it water.

"Wow," Echo said aloud. The pond swirled with a mess of color, red and green and orange and purple and cyan, all moving and churning and gleaming with a silver coat as if it were polished.

It indeed looked very toxic. Echo wasn't sure she even wanted to dip her claws in it. But if this was a healing source, it made sense why the possessed didn't even bother with protecting themselves. And plus, Prism knew more about this place than she did by the way she talked. There was no one else to trust.

Very very hesitantly, Echo dipped one clawtip in the 'water'.

A rush of energy and relief zoomed up her body, first through her arm and shoulder and then up to her head and down to her chest and legs. "Whoa," she whispered in awe.

Echo didn't hesitate at all to put another claw in, making sure her scales didn't accidentally brush the water just like Prism said.

She only felt goodness for a while as everything gently mended itself. Echo couldn't believe how clear the world could look when it wasn't a spinning blob of color. And it was so easy to breathe too- she wasn't heaving or not getting enough air and feeling like she was going to suffocate anymore.

"Ack!" There was suddenly a shock of electric-like energy.

Echo took that as a sign that she should probably take her claws out. She wiped them on the grass and sprinted back to Night as fast as she could.

There was silence when she got there. For a moment Echo couldn't breathe because she thought she was too late.

And then she saw that a huge body had fallen. It had to be Pio. But how? Echo would ask Prism later, she decided.

She found Akurra trying to strangle Cool and Cool desperately prying the spiral off of his neck.

Echo, with new energy, sneaked up behind Akurra and put her claws around her neck, pulling the surprised dragon off of Cool and giving him just a moment to recover before Echo couldn't hold on to the thrashing monster anymore.

Echo then, with great effort because of her small size, tugged Night onto her back.

A moment later Prism joined her. "We must be quick," Prism murmured. "We have precisely 9.8 seconds to bring Night there before I freeze him."

"Okay," Echo said with determination, knowing now that she could trust the robot. She flew at full speed, though it wasn't even close to Prism's precise and superdragon robot speed. When she arrived at the pond, Prism had already dropped Night off.

"Exactly 9.3 seconds," Prism said proudly. "That is a record, my friend. I now should help hold Akurra now. She is quite agile for someone her age." There was a whoosh and the Coatl was gone.

Echo ran over to Night and carefully pulled him close to the pond. She took one of the freezing cold talons of the poor Nocturne and stuck them in the billowing water. Please heal please heal please heal she thought despairingly.

It felt like an eternity later when Night's body began to glow. For a moment Echo just sat there in pure relief, but after a while she realized that instead of the gentle pureness Echo felt, Night's healing energy radiated darkness, like tainted evil. Echo shuddered and stepped away for a second.

It wasn't long before Night's eyes fluttered open, the gash in his chest that had been spilling blood mercilessly before now healed. "Dskghelff," Night mumbled gibberish.

It reminded Echo of first meeting Lena and all of a sudden she was sad.

Night tried to sit up and immediately collapsed.

"Careful. Not fully healed," Echo warned.

Night stared at her. "Yeah, I can tell, thanks. Um, what is this?"

"Healing pond! Prism show me," Echo explained.

Night's whole body shook with a rack of coughs. "It's evil," he said. "I keep having flashbacks or something but I don't think they're mine." He jerked all of a sudden.

The way he said it filled Echo with a terror that she couldn't explain. "It healing," she said, but more uncertainly. "Keep going. I find Raiya."

"Okay," Night agreed, laying down again slowly with a few shuddering breaths. "Okay. I'll be okay."

But he broke into a coughing fit again, and then gagged, throwing up what appeared to be dust. His body was healing, but his eyes were wide, seeing horrors that weren't there.

Echo flew away shakily, wondering he would really be okay.
Welp I didn't mean for it to be so long buuuuut there's going to be a part 3. Stay tuned I guess?
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 23[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Mangled Textile] Another material [emoji=butterfly 2] Also I love these new emojis! -----[/center] Cool couldn't get Akurra away from him. He actually hated her so much. Her voice was evil and slimy and disgusting and she kept trying to suffocate him. He definitely didn't like dragons that try to kill him. And there was the certain way that Akurra did the suffocating-- she would fly at him at a super high speed and then suddenly spiral into a twister thing. And then he would find a slimy spiral tied around his neck whispering ominous things in his ear. It was stuff like 'none of you will survive' and 'you will all be dinner just like the chickens we found the other day'. But Cool didn't remember much of what she said very well because he was more focused on prying her off and trying to breathe. Spirals are good at tying themselves into impossible knots for no reason, and Cool wished he had scissors or some blade to cut her off-- the easy (and gruesome) way to undo a knot. Either way, Cool managed to escape Akurra's grasp. [b]"Ha!"[/b] he said triumphantly when he twisted away. As he flew full speed away from her and heard a whizzing sound next to him. He had to keep dodging and changing direction trying to be more agile than a Spiral which was actually really hard for a Pearlcatcher of his age. [b]"Stop it!"[/b] he groaned as he fled. He was being chased back to where their fight started and noticed a shadow lying still in a pile in the grass. Raiya. Oh no. Cool considered flying down to check up on her for a moment, but the moment he dropped Akurra came flying at his face and he had to keep gaining altitude again to get away. Deep annoyance was building up. It was actually impossible to stop Akurra. She was a thin noodle who could move faster than Cool could blink, making it unlikely he would ever be able to get a successful scratch at her when she didn't entangle herself onto his neck. A rush of wind pushed Cool backwards. [b]"Good evening,"[/b] a familiar voice said very calmly. Cool somehow understood it even though he saw Prism speeding towards them. The Coatl robot came at speeds faster than the winds of the Twisting Crescendo. She was aimed perfectly at Akurra, zooming through the air with her wings tucked in, and even the superdragon Spiral with Gloom-powers couldn't escape in time. Prism got hold of Akurra's neck and wouldn't let go as Akurra thrashed, a deadly glow in her eyes. [b]"I wouldn't, dear,"[/b] Akurra hissed. A layer of ice began to form on her wings. [b]"No, I would,"[/b] Prism answered without a trace of fear, as if she'd done it a thousand times before. Maybe she had. Cool turned his attention down to Raiya. He quickly landed by her. Another limp shape lay under her, his eyes still opened and glowing brighter than the moon, and very much alive. His blood, the color of black void, spilled out and covered Raiya. [b]"Oh."[/b] Cool felt his bones chill. This skydancer was the one that Raiya had fought. The amount of blood here, well, he should be dead. But he wasn't. It was like the way Pio had collapsed-- into black smoke and then with open glowing eyes. The rest of his body gone but his eyes still holes of light, a deadly suction of horror. A 'dead' Akurra splatted on the ground next to him and Cool jumped. A moment later, Prism joined him by Raiya's side. The robot carried her off of the unnamed possessed skydancer and felt for a pulse, for breathing. [b]"Barely,"[/b] Prism said. [b]"Just barely alive."[/b] Cool felt so much relief that it choked him more than Akurra ever did. He didn't even know why-- he'd only known Raiya for a day! Why did he even care? [b]"Raiya!"[/b] a distressed voice yelled. Echo clumsily landed and ran up next to them, out of breath. [b]"Okay? Raiya okay?"[/b] there was a terrible quality of her voice, like she was about to cry, and it broke Cool's heart. It was like the feeling of dropping while on an elevator, the air swept out of you, or like that moment of fear when you thought you had something and it went missing. Cool hated the feeling. He'd grown too soft and emotional after meeting these dragons. [b]"Barely alive,"[/b] Prism repeated. She sounded so serene and unworried with her usual tone of different pitched sounds. It made Cool want to be a robot too, to never have to feel anything again, including annoyance and exhaustion and caring about anything. [b]"Raiya!"[/b] Echo cried at something that wasn't there. The poor little Nocturne looked ready to break down completely into tears. Cool awkwardly patted her on the back, something he'd never even considered doing before. Prism had heaved Raiya onto her back. [b]"7.2 seconds,"[/b] she calculated, and then she was off at the speed of sound. Echo took off after Prism and Cool followed, slightly confused. When Cool finally got there, Raiya's body was lying next to a very strangely swirling pond. It looked very, very poisonous. Why had Prism brought them here? Something in his head whispered, [i]traitor[/i], but another part told him to hear her out first. [b]"They are all defeated,"[/b] he overheard Prism saying. [b]"It will not be long before they are summoned back here to heal. We must be quick or we will be doomed once more."[/b] Cool didn't understand it and wasn't sure if he wanted to. As Echo and Prism went to go do something with Raiya, Cool spotted Night staring out into the distance, conscious again, sitting with his talons dipped in the water. He went up to Night. [b]"I thought you were dead,"[/b] he said, not meaning it to come out so harsh. Oh well, that's how his mouth worked. He thought something normal and then his tongue would turn it into something that slashes at another's heart. Night didn't move. Something bothered Cool about the way he kept completely still, a shadow over his face and his gaze fixed. It reminded him of the aura that the possessed dragons gave off. [b]"Night,"[/b] Cool whacked him in the back with his tail, hard. It probably wasn't the best idea considering he had nearly just bled to death. [b]"Snap out of it."[/b] Night fell forwards onto his face in the grass. He turned around, confused. [b]"What? What did I do?"[/b] He shakily tried to sit up again and fell backwards into a lying down position this time. [b]"You stood there like some weird daydreaming fool,"[/b] Cool sniffed. [b]"I-- I did?"[/b] Night seemed completely bewildered, and Cool frowned. Wasn't Night aware of his actions at all? Maybe he had short term memory loss. Or maybe he was secretly evil and hiding it. [b]"Look out, friends!"[/b] Prism's voice rang through the air. Pio, Akurra, and the skydancer were suddenly all flying towards them from three different directions. The shock made Cool freeze, not reacting in time. Luckily, Night did react. He ducked and pulled Cool to the ground, who let out a surprised "oof". Prism grabbed Raiya for just a second to haul her away from the lake, sticking close to the ground. Echo lifted up into the air to follow them. And that was her mistake. While Echo was in the sky for just that one moment, Cool watched, helpless, as Akurra's head Echo in the chest and drove her into the pond. Echo let out a shocked scream and was immediately muffled by falling into the toxic-waste looking water along with the three possessed dragons. Her head burst out of the multi-colored billowing liquid in a shriek of pain, like she was being burned alive in lava. Raiya shifted in her unconsciousness, as if she could her Echo's cries. They would have ripped Raiya's heart out into pieces if she had been awake, seeing a friend she cared about being tortured. Prism had already flown over the pond to grab Echo the second, more feeble time that she would kick herself upwards. Prism's strong, robotic claws lifted Echo into the air and ran them across her scales very gently. The green and purple Noc continued to tremble and cry out and twitch as she lay on the grass. Night stumbled to her side immediately, trying to hold down her flailing claws. [b]"Ow!"[/b] he pulled away. [b]"Don't touch it, it burns,"[/b] he warned, shaken. [b]"You must escape from here before they recover,"[/b] Prism's strange voice reminded them. Cool stared at her. [b]"Echo's covered in toxins that are going to kill her, Raiya's unconscious and heavier than both of us, Night's still weak from blood loss, and I'm exhausted."[/b] Prism was unfazed. [b]"And what difference does that make?"[/b] [b]"You're a robot, you wouldn't know,"[/b] Cool answered roughly. [b]"We're hurt and tired and just because you don't experience that doesn't mean you can't sympathize."[/b] [b]"I did not tell you to fly, did I?"[/b] Prism looked almost exasperated with Cool. [b]"You learn to think before you speak, young sir." [/b] She whistled. If you could call it whistling, that is. It was a sharp buzzing noise, a vibration of her mouth for sure but also one of her wings and tongue. A few eagle-like creatures decorated in blue feathers flew into view. [b]"Hippojays,"[/b] Prism declared. [b]"It is always good to have familiar friends, or any friends at all in fact. Keep that in mind when you talk, Cool."[/b] Cool decided to take that as a personal insult. The Hippojays seemed extremely joyful and perfectly happy to give them a ride. [b]"Take good care of them,"[/b] Prism patted one on the head after gently laying Echo on her back. Soon, four Hippojays were loaded with the four dragons. And Prism joined them in their flight back home. It was an excruciatingly long flight. [b]"Heal well,"[/b] Prism said when their lair finally came into view. [b]"Your friends will need treatment immediately."[/b] [b]"Are you coming?"[/b] Night asked Prism as they came to a stop, nearing the earth. Prism looked almost sad. [b]"I cannot."[/b] [b]"Why?"[/b] [b]"These possessed monsters are my friends. They were my creators. Now that they are taken down by the Gloom, I bow to a new master."[/b] Cool's wings flared, alarmed. The Hippojay under him twitched. [b]"You work for the Gloom?"[/b] [b]"Alas, yes I do. But I cannot be possessed as a robot. Instead, I clean up the messes that it makes. I am free to do what I want as long as I do not interrupt too much, and that means rebelling of course. But now, you are the first dragons I have succeeded in returning alive. I fear what will happen to me now."[/b] Prism looked gently at Cool, who stayed up in the air as Night brought the injured Raiya and Echo down into the Clan. [b]"Stay safe, all of you,"[/b] Prism said wisely. [b]"Do great things one day."[/b] The Hippojay under Cool landed and let him climb off her back. And then Prism and her animal friends were flying away, swallowed by the darkness of the night. Cool went straight to the area that Raiya slept in before their big adventure, deciding to stay there for the night. He lay down and immediately a wave of tired exhaustion spread over his entire body. It sagged and Cool wondered how he even managed to ever move in the first place. He could visit his friends the next day. And now he wasn't ashamed to call them his friends. That felt good. Maybe he could learn to be nicer one day and get rid of all the guilt built up inside him. For now though, he was just glad to be asleep. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Hooray! We finished the battle scene! Also I most likely won't post tomorrow because I'm going to a sleepover after school ^^ [/center]
Day 23
Mangled Textile
Another material Also I love these new emojis!
Cool couldn't get Akurra away from him.

He actually hated her so much. Her voice was evil and slimy and disgusting and she kept trying to suffocate him. He definitely didn't like dragons that try to kill him.

And there was the certain way that Akurra did the suffocating-- she would fly at him at a super high speed and then suddenly spiral into a twister thing. And then he would find a slimy spiral tied around his neck whispering ominous things in his ear. It was stuff like 'none of you will survive' and 'you will all be dinner just like the chickens we found the other day'.

But Cool didn't remember much of what she said very well because he was more focused on prying her off and trying to breathe. Spirals are good at tying themselves into impossible knots for no reason, and Cool wished he had scissors or some blade to cut her off-- the easy (and gruesome) way to undo a knot.

Either way, Cool managed to escape Akurra's grasp. "Ha!" he said triumphantly when he twisted away.

As he flew full speed away from her and heard a whizzing sound next to him. He had to keep dodging and changing direction trying to be more agile than a Spiral which was actually really hard for a Pearlcatcher of his age. "Stop it!" he groaned as he fled.

He was being chased back to where their fight started and noticed a shadow lying still in a pile in the grass.

Raiya.

Oh no.

Cool considered flying down to check up on her for a moment, but the moment he dropped Akurra came flying at his face and he had to keep gaining altitude again to get away.

Deep annoyance was building up. It was actually impossible to stop Akurra. She was a thin noodle who could move faster than Cool could blink, making it unlikely he would ever be able to get a successful scratch at her when she didn't entangle herself onto his neck.

A rush of wind pushed Cool backwards.

"Good evening," a familiar voice said very calmly. Cool somehow understood it even though he saw Prism speeding towards them.

The Coatl robot came at speeds faster than the winds of the Twisting Crescendo. She was aimed perfectly at Akurra, zooming through the air with her wings tucked in, and even the superdragon Spiral with Gloom-powers couldn't escape in time. Prism got hold of Akurra's neck and wouldn't let go as Akurra thrashed, a deadly glow in her eyes. "I wouldn't, dear," Akurra hissed. A layer of ice began to form on her wings.

"No, I would," Prism answered without a trace of fear, as if she'd done it a thousand times before. Maybe she had.

Cool turned his attention down to Raiya. He quickly landed by her. Another limp shape lay under her, his eyes still opened and glowing brighter than the moon, and very much alive. His blood, the color of black void, spilled out and covered Raiya.

"Oh." Cool felt his bones chill. This skydancer was the one that Raiya had fought. The amount of blood here, well, he should be dead. But he wasn't. It was like the way Pio had collapsed-- into black smoke and then with open glowing eyes. The rest of his body gone but his eyes still holes of light, a deadly suction of horror.

A 'dead' Akurra splatted on the ground next to him and Cool jumped. A moment later, Prism joined him by Raiya's side. The robot carried her off of the unnamed possessed skydancer and felt for a pulse, for breathing.

"Barely," Prism said. "Just barely alive."

Cool felt so much relief that it choked him more than Akurra ever did. He didn't even know why-- he'd only known Raiya for a day! Why did he even care?

"Raiya!" a distressed voice yelled. Echo clumsily landed and ran up next to them, out of breath. "Okay? Raiya okay?" there was a terrible quality of her voice, like she was about to cry, and it broke Cool's heart.

It was like the feeling of dropping while on an elevator, the air swept out of you, or like that moment of fear when you thought you had something and it went missing. Cool hated the feeling. He'd grown too soft and emotional after meeting these dragons.

"Barely alive," Prism repeated. She sounded so serene and unworried with her usual tone of different pitched sounds. It made Cool want to be a robot too, to never have to feel anything again, including annoyance and exhaustion and caring about anything.

"Raiya!" Echo cried at something that wasn't there. The poor little Nocturne looked ready to break down completely into tears. Cool awkwardly patted her on the back, something he'd never even considered doing before.

Prism had heaved Raiya onto her back. "7.2 seconds," she calculated, and then she was off at the speed of sound.

Echo took off after Prism and Cool followed, slightly confused.

When Cool finally got there, Raiya's body was lying next to a very strangely swirling pond. It looked very, very poisonous.

Why had Prism brought them here? Something in his head whispered, traitor, but another part told him to hear her out first.

"They are all defeated," he overheard Prism saying. "It will not be long before they are summoned back here to heal. We must be quick or we will be doomed once more." Cool didn't understand it and wasn't sure if he wanted to.

As Echo and Prism went to go do something with Raiya, Cool spotted Night staring out into the distance, conscious again, sitting with his talons dipped in the water. He went up to Night.

"I thought you were dead," he said, not meaning it to come out so harsh. Oh well, that's how his mouth worked. He thought something normal and then his tongue would turn it into something that slashes at another's heart.

Night didn't move. Something bothered Cool about the way he kept completely still, a shadow over his face and his gaze fixed. It reminded him of the aura that the possessed dragons gave off.

"Night," Cool whacked him in the back with his tail, hard. It probably wasn't the best idea considering he had nearly just bled to death. "Snap out of it."

Night fell forwards onto his face in the grass. He turned around, confused. "What? What did I do?" He shakily tried to sit up again and fell backwards into a lying down position this time.

"You stood there like some weird daydreaming fool," Cool sniffed.

"I-- I did?" Night seemed completely bewildered, and Cool frowned. Wasn't Night aware of his actions at all? Maybe he had short term memory loss. Or maybe he was secretly evil and hiding it.

"Look out, friends!" Prism's voice rang through the air.

Pio, Akurra, and the skydancer were suddenly all flying towards them from three different directions. The shock made Cool freeze, not reacting in time.

Luckily, Night did react. He ducked and pulled Cool to the ground, who let out a surprised "oof".

Prism grabbed Raiya for just a second to haul her away from the lake, sticking close to the ground. Echo lifted up into the air to follow them.

And that was her mistake.

While Echo was in the sky for just that one moment, Cool watched, helpless, as Akurra's head Echo in the chest and drove her into the pond.

Echo let out a shocked scream and was immediately muffled by falling into the toxic-waste looking water along with the three possessed dragons. Her head burst out of the multi-colored billowing liquid in a shriek of pain, like she was being burned alive in lava.

Raiya shifted in her unconsciousness, as if she could her Echo's cries. They would have ripped Raiya's heart out into pieces if she had been awake, seeing a friend she cared about being tortured.

Prism had already flown over the pond to grab Echo the second, more feeble time that she would kick herself upwards. Prism's strong, robotic claws lifted Echo into the air and ran them across her scales very gently.

The green and purple Noc continued to tremble and cry out and twitch as she lay on the grass. Night stumbled to her side immediately, trying to hold down her flailing claws. "Ow!" he pulled away. "Don't touch it, it burns," he warned, shaken.

"You must escape from here before they recover," Prism's strange voice reminded them.

Cool stared at her. "Echo's covered in toxins that are going to kill her, Raiya's unconscious and heavier than both of us, Night's still weak from blood loss, and I'm exhausted."

Prism was unfazed. "And what difference does that make?"

"You're a robot, you wouldn't know," Cool answered roughly. "We're hurt and tired and just because you don't experience that doesn't mean you can't sympathize."

"I did not tell you to fly, did I?" Prism looked almost exasperated with Cool. "You learn to think before you speak, young sir."

She whistled. If you could call it whistling, that is. It was a sharp buzzing noise, a vibration of her mouth for sure but also one of her wings and tongue.

A few eagle-like creatures decorated in blue feathers flew into view.

"Hippojays," Prism declared. "It is always good to have familiar friends, or any friends at all in fact. Keep that in mind when you talk, Cool."

Cool decided to take that as a personal insult.

The Hippojays seemed extremely joyful and perfectly happy to give them a ride. "Take good care of them," Prism patted one on the head after gently laying Echo on her back.

Soon, four Hippojays were loaded with the four dragons. And Prism joined them in their flight back home.

It was an excruciatingly long flight.

"Heal well," Prism said when their lair finally came into view. "Your friends will need treatment immediately."

"Are you coming?" Night asked Prism as they came to a stop, nearing the earth.

Prism looked almost sad. "I cannot."

"Why?"

"These possessed monsters are my friends. They were my creators. Now that they are taken down by the Gloom, I bow to a new master."

Cool's wings flared, alarmed. The Hippojay under him twitched. "You work for the Gloom?"

"Alas, yes I do. But I cannot be possessed as a robot. Instead, I clean up the messes that it makes. I am free to do what I want as long as I do not interrupt too much, and that means rebelling of course. But now, you are the first dragons I have succeeded in returning alive. I fear what will happen to me now." Prism looked gently at Cool, who stayed up in the air as Night brought the injured Raiya and Echo down into the Clan.

"Stay safe, all of you," Prism said wisely. "Do great things one day."

The Hippojay under Cool landed and let him climb off her back. And then Prism and her animal friends were flying away, swallowed by the darkness of the night.

Cool went straight to the area that Raiya slept in before their big adventure, deciding to stay there for the night. He lay down and immediately a wave of tired exhaustion spread over his entire body. It sagged and Cool wondered how he even managed to ever move in the first place.

He could visit his friends the next day. And now he wasn't ashamed to call them his friends. That felt good. Maybe he could learn to be nicer one day and get rid of all the guilt built up inside him.

For now though, he was just glad to be asleep.
Hooray! We finished the battle scene!

Also I most likely won't post tomorrow because I'm going to a sleepover after school ^^
NZ8D4KR.png
Aww! Cool has feelings!!
Aww! Cool has feelings!!
@Sugarkit
yeah, pretty much or does he XD
@Sugarkit
yeah, pretty much or does he XD
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 24[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Travel Gear of the Wanderer][item=Fragrant Orchid] 1-star Trinket and Plant, so I'll do 25 battles. [emoji=flowering tree][emoji=autumn tree] -----[/center] Cool and Night, the only two conscious the next morning, were taken out for questioning. Night had just drank a replenishing potion and could now stand without wobbling. Cliff was the one interviewing them. [b]"We need to know where it is so we can avoid it later,"[/b] he said patiently. [b]"And you still won't say what happened to Echo."[/b] Cool and Night glanced at each other. They had agreed beforehand that having too many dragons knowing about the healing pool would not be a good thing. What if they went there trying to get some magic water to save someone and ended up dead? [b]"We don't know, like we said,"[/b] Cool said, his irritated tone very convincing. [b]"The hippojays took us back and we don't remember which way we flew."[/b] It was partially true. [b]"And Echo?"[/b] Cliff prodded. Night tried to answer. [b]"Don't know,"[/b] he said, but he wasn't as good a liar as Cool. Cliff didn't press them anymore, but Night knew he didn't believe them. [b]"Hey, may I borrow these two?"[/b] a sweeping voice of authority said from behind. Night's Master said it as a question, but everyone knew that it was a command. Cliff dipped his head and stepped back. Master walked Night and Cool back to the healer's den, where Raiya and Echo were both lying unconscious in separate beds of soft leaves. [b]"Raiya, I believe, is healing well."[/b] [b]"Broken ribs, bruised spine, skull fracture, coma,"[/b] Night listed, discouraged. None of the safe to use healing potions would heal Raiya as fast as the magic pond would have. [b]"True, but those are injuries we know how to fix and Raiya will fight hard to survive,"[/b] Master said wisely. [b]"Echo, however, is a different matter."[/b] [b]"What do you mean?"[/b] Cool spoke without the snottiness he normally had. [i]Maybe even he finds Master kinda intimidating,[/i] Night thought with a touch of amusement. [b]"I'll show you,"[/b] Master answered. They entered the den. It was at the end of the lair, a small pit lined with grass, at a lower elevation than the rest of the lair. Master walked to Echo and felt her scales gently. [b]"Tell me, you two. What is this healing source you found?"[/b] Night's heart skipped a beat. [b]"How do you know?"[/b] [b]"Echo's not hurt. Well, she is, but differently. Too much of a good thing can be bad sometimes. I assume you used the healing source too, considering you had lost that much blood and was still conscious,"[/b] Master delivered the information calmly. "Yes, Master," Night muttered, surprised by how much Master knew even though he knew he shouldn't be. Cool added, [b]"It was a pond."[/b] There wasn't really anything they could hide now. [b]"And Echo fell in,"[/b] Master mused. [b]"That explains the liquid. Now, Echo has healed too much, something we have never dealt with before. You are her friends so I wanted to tell you my plan before we treat her."[/b] Night blinked. [b]"You mean the treatment is dangerous?"[/b] [b]"We're going to hurt her to get rid of the healing faster,"[/b] Master said very straightforwardly. [b]"[i]What[/i]?"[/b] Cool blinked. Night agreed with that statement. Surely they had heard wrong. Master didn't answer. [b]"If my theory is correct... and I am almost one hundred percent confident..."[/b] She held up Echo's arm and cut into it with a sharp claw, slicing neatly through her scales. For a terrifying moment, the little Nocturne's blood threatened to spill out. But then the wound closed with a thin line of light, and some magic water shimmered as it flowed out and evaporated into nothing. It was very mind-boggling. [b]"Whoa. It... it worked,"[/b] Night said, shocked. [b]"We'll have to test with different amounts,"[/b] Master said. [b]"Harmful bolts, physical slashing, even fire or freezing perhaps. It's very strange to have to harm a patient to heal them."[/b] [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Night agreed, still in disbelief. Cool was staring at Echo's completely healed arm. Even he couldn't pretend to not care anymore. [b]"Does it hurt to be healed too much?"[/b] [b]"We don't know,"[/b] Master said. [b]"We will have to wait for her to wake up. Now, apprentice, I need to talk to you in my cabin."[/b] She left, not waiting for them. [b]"That sounds ominous,"[/b] Cool looked as if he didn't know whether to smile or cry or be mean like normal. Night laughed, but his heart wasn't fully in it. [b]"Almost everything she says is,"[/b] he replied, turning to follow. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I don't know what to put here so here's a bunch of emojis [emoji=cat 1][emoji=cat 2][emoji=cat 3][emoji=owl][emoji=prismatic meditate][emoji=familiar heart][emoji=plant][emoji=star][emoji=cauldron][emoji=rainbow star 1][emoji=gem][emoji=paintbrush][emoji=planet][emoji=gold crown][emoji=butterfly 2][emoji=music notes][emoji=rainbow star 2][emoji=wind balloon] [/center]
Day 24
Travel Gear of the Wanderer Fragrant Orchid

1-star Trinket and Plant, so I'll do 25 battles.
Cool and Night, the only two conscious the next morning, were taken out for questioning.

Night had just drank a replenishing potion and could now stand without wobbling.

Cliff was the one interviewing them. "We need to know where it is so we can avoid it later," he said patiently. "And you still won't say what happened to Echo."

Cool and Night glanced at each other. They had agreed beforehand that having too many dragons knowing about the healing pool would not be a good thing. What if they went there trying to get some magic water to save someone and ended up dead?

"We don't know, like we said," Cool said, his irritated tone very convincing. "The hippojays took us back and we don't remember which way we flew." It was partially true.

"And Echo?" Cliff prodded.

Night tried to answer. "Don't know," he said, but he wasn't as good a liar as Cool.

Cliff didn't press them anymore, but Night knew he didn't believe them.

"Hey, may I borrow these two?" a sweeping voice of authority said from behind.

Night's Master said it as a question, but everyone knew that it was a command. Cliff dipped his head and stepped back.

Master walked Night and Cool back to the healer's den, where Raiya and Echo were both lying unconscious in separate beds of soft leaves. "Raiya, I believe, is healing well."

"Broken ribs, bruised spine, skull fracture, coma," Night listed, discouraged. None of the safe to use healing potions would heal Raiya as fast as the magic pond would have.

"True, but those are injuries we know how to fix and Raiya will fight hard to survive," Master said wisely. "Echo, however, is a different matter."

"What do you mean?" Cool spoke without the snottiness he normally had. Maybe even he finds Master kinda intimidating, Night thought with a touch of amusement.

"I'll show you," Master answered.

They entered the den. It was at the end of the lair, a small pit lined with grass, at a lower elevation than the rest of the lair.

Master walked to Echo and felt her scales gently. "Tell me, you two. What is this healing source you found?"

Night's heart skipped a beat. "How do you know?"

"Echo's not hurt. Well, she is, but differently. Too much of a good thing can be bad sometimes. I assume you used the healing source too, considering you had lost that much blood and was still conscious," Master delivered the information calmly.

"Yes, Master," Night muttered, surprised by how much Master knew even though he knew he shouldn't be.

Cool added, "It was a pond." There wasn't really anything they could hide now.

"And Echo fell in," Master mused. "That explains the liquid. Now, Echo has healed too much, something we have never dealt with before. You are her friends so I wanted to tell you my plan before we treat her."

Night blinked. "You mean the treatment is dangerous?"

"We're going to hurt her to get rid of the healing faster," Master said very straightforwardly.

"What?" Cool blinked. Night agreed with that statement. Surely they had heard wrong.

Master didn't answer. "If my theory is correct... and I am almost one hundred percent confident..."

She held up Echo's arm and cut into it with a sharp claw, slicing neatly through her scales.

For a terrifying moment, the little Nocturne's blood threatened to spill out.

But then the wound closed with a thin line of light, and some magic water shimmered as it flowed out and evaporated into nothing.

It was very mind-boggling.

"Whoa. It... it worked," Night said, shocked.

"We'll have to test with different amounts," Master said. "Harmful bolts, physical slashing, even fire or freezing perhaps. It's very strange to have to harm a patient to heal them."

"Yeah," Night agreed, still in disbelief.

Cool was staring at Echo's completely healed arm. Even he couldn't pretend to not care anymore. "Does it hurt to be healed too much?"

"We don't know," Master said. "We will have to wait for her to wake up. Now, apprentice, I need to talk to you in my cabin." She left, not waiting for them.

"That sounds ominous," Cool looked as if he didn't know whether to smile or cry or be mean like normal.

Night laughed, but his heart wasn't fully in it. "Almost everything she says is," he replied, turning to follow.
I don't know what to put here so here's a bunch of emojis
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 25[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=chimera fangs] Sorry for missing yesterday, I was sick >.> -----[/center] [b]"You're going to learn how to fight."[/b] That was the first thing Night heard when he entered his Master's cabin. [b]"I didn't want to teach you,"[/b] she admitted. [b]"I still don't."[/b] [b]"Why?"[/b] Night asked. Master didn't reply. [b]"What spells do you know by heart? Recite them."[/b] [b]"Meditate, Contuse, Boulder Bolt, Fossilize, sort of Aid,"[/b] Night listed. [b]"You'll need to master those,"[/b] Master said. [b]"And then we can move on to the other elements. You'll be weaker at those since you are aligned to Earth, but it will still be useful. And we have to work on strategy and memorizing the elements chart for that part to come together."[/b] Night blinked. [b]"Other elements?"[/b] He didn't even know that was possible, but he'd seen Master perform spells of every element. That was why no one could figure out her true identity. It made sense now that he thought about it. [b]"Yes. Now, come."[/b] She rose to her full height. [b]"We have to prepare you."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- [emoji=glimmer tile][emoji=gloom tile] Sorry it's super short today. Also I just realized that the Glimmer and Gloom game had Gloom in the name, but this Gloom in this story is different and not related to Shadow flight, so just a disclaimer ^^ [/center]
Day 25
Chimera Fangs

Sorry for missing yesterday, I was sick >.>
"You're going to learn how to fight."

That was the first thing Night heard when he entered his Master's cabin.

"I didn't want to teach you," she admitted. "I still don't."

"Why?" Night asked.

Master didn't reply. "What spells do you know by heart? Recite them."

"Meditate, Contuse, Boulder Bolt, Fossilize, sort of Aid," Night listed.

"You'll need to master those," Master said. "And then we can move on to the other elements. You'll be weaker at those since you are aligned to Earth, but it will still be useful. And we have to work on strategy and memorizing the elements chart for that part to come together."

Night blinked. "Other elements?" He didn't even know that was possible, but he'd seen Master perform spells of every element. That was why no one could figure out her true identity. It made sense now that he thought about it.

"Yes. Now, come." She rose to her full height. "We have to prepare you."

Sorry it's super short today. Also I just realized that the Glimmer and Gloom game had Gloom in the name, but this Gloom in this story is different and not related to Shadow flight, so just a disclaimer ^^
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 26[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Hopping Mouse] -----[/center] Cool didn't really know what to do now. His friends couldn't really accompany him at the moment and he didn't belong in this Clan. He might as well be useful and help build back what he nearly destroyed. [b]"I can't believe I'm doing this,"[/b] he muttered to himself as he flew. It was dumb and so not independent, and yet he had a good feeling about it. He didn't know why; last time he came her (which also happened to be the first time) he had accidentally ruined all of Raiya's work and make the ground fall on top of her. He got to the Clan site. The bamboo had grown a little taller overnight, and the ruined underground trench was still disastrous looking. Cool decided to work on the underground thing. It was completely destroyed so it didn't really matter whether Raiya approved of his digging technique anymore. Finding the general area, he began scooping earth out and into a pile, one clawful at a time, over and over and over again. It was boring. But then again, he found a lot of things boring. After a while of digging, he'd made a nicely sized hole in the ground. Tired, Cool lay down by the lake and leaned over to drink some water. [b]"Good day,"[/b] a familiar robot voice called. [b]"Who even says that anymore?"[/b] Cool turned his head and looked up at Prism, who landed next to him and radiated more coldness than Cool's stare. Prism regarded him without much interest. [b]"I do, obviously. What kind of question is that?"[/b] She didn't give Cool time to respond. [b]"Listen."[/b] [b]"To what?"[/b] Cool said. [b]"Me, you buffoon. I know you do not think highly of me. Believe me, the feeling is reciprocated,"[/b] Prism began. [b]"Gee, thanks,"[/b] Cool muttered. Prism ignored the comment. [b]"I have been thinking. I have succeeded in not getting you and your friends killed. It is a first. And I was treated as a friend rather than a tool,"[/b] she wistfully smiled, if robots were capable of smiling. [b]"I appreciate that."[/b] [b]"Why are you saying this to me?"[/b] Cool demanded. [b]"Do you think I would if there was anyone else to say it to?"[/b] Prism snapped. [b]"But that is besides the point. I am bound to my old friends, as I have said before. I--"[/b] Her voice faltered for the first time. [b]"I would like to leave."[/b] Cool, who hadn't been very interested in Prism's speech before, blinked, surprised. [b]"How?"[/b] [b]"I... I do not know for sure,"[/b] Prism admitted. [b]"However, if my old friends were not as strong as they used to be, then perhaps the Gloom's hold is getting weaker."[/b] [b]"Or your friends are just getting old and rusty. Or this Gloom thing decided to focus it's energy on something else more important,"[/b] Cool suggested. Prism flared. [b]"My friends will keep their strength as long as the Healing Pond stays. However, your second theory may be true."[/b] She pondered this for a moment. [b]"Either way, it can be used to my benefit. It-- it would be nice to be able to visit my homeland again one day."[/b] [b]"So how am I supposed to help?"[/b] Cool said. [b]"I have a plan,"[/b] Prism said. [b]"It may be dangerous."[/b] [b]"For you or for me?"[/b] [b]"For you."[/b] Cool almost wanted to just turn and leave. Who did Prism think she was, asking him for some dangerous favor? But then again, she did kind of save their lives. He sort of owed her one. [b]"Can't the icy-scaled robot do it herself?"[/b] Cool tried one more time. Prism met his eyes. [b]"Are you in or not?"[/b] Another thing Cool couldn't believe he was agreeing to. He closed his eyes, disappointed in himself. [b]"What do I need to do?"[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- This is going to be fun :3 [/center]
Day 26
Hopping Mouse
Cool didn't really know what to do now. His friends couldn't really accompany him at the moment and he didn't belong in this Clan.

He might as well be useful and help build back what he nearly destroyed.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," he muttered to himself as he flew. It was dumb and so not independent, and yet he had a good feeling about it. He didn't know why; last time he came her (which also happened to be the first time) he had accidentally ruined all of Raiya's work and make the ground fall on top of her.

He got to the Clan site. The bamboo had grown a little taller overnight, and the ruined underground trench was still disastrous looking.

Cool decided to work on the underground thing. It was completely destroyed so it didn't really matter whether Raiya approved of his digging technique anymore.

Finding the general area, he began scooping earth out and into a pile, one clawful at a time, over and over and over again.

It was boring. But then again, he found a lot of things boring.

After a while of digging, he'd made a nicely sized hole in the ground. Tired, Cool lay down by the lake and leaned over to drink some water.

"Good day," a familiar robot voice called.

"Who even says that anymore?" Cool turned his head and looked up at Prism, who landed next to him and radiated more coldness than Cool's stare.

Prism regarded him without much interest. "I do, obviously. What kind of question is that?" She didn't give Cool time to respond. "Listen."

"To what?" Cool said.

"Me, you buffoon. I know you do not think highly of me. Believe me, the feeling is reciprocated," Prism began.

"Gee, thanks," Cool muttered.

Prism ignored the comment. "I have been thinking. I have succeeded in not getting you and your friends killed. It is a first. And I was treated as a friend rather than a tool," she wistfully smiled, if robots were capable of smiling. "I appreciate that."

"Why are you saying this to me?" Cool demanded.

"Do you think I would if there was anyone else to say it to?" Prism snapped. "But that is besides the point. I am bound to my old friends, as I have said before. I--" Her voice faltered for the first time. "I would like to leave."

Cool, who hadn't been very interested in Prism's speech before, blinked, surprised. "How?"

"I... I do not know for sure," Prism admitted. "However, if my old friends were not as strong as they used to be, then perhaps the Gloom's hold is getting weaker."

"Or your friends are just getting old and rusty. Or this Gloom thing decided to focus it's energy on something else more important," Cool suggested.

Prism flared. "My friends will keep their strength as long as the Healing Pond stays. However, your second theory may be true." She pondered this for a moment. "Either way, it can be used to my benefit. It-- it would be nice to be able to visit my homeland again one day."

"So how am I supposed to help?" Cool said.

"I have a plan," Prism said. "It may be dangerous."

"For you or for me?"

"For you."

Cool almost wanted to just turn and leave. Who did Prism think she was, asking him for some dangerous favor?

But then again, she did kind of save their lives. He sort of owed her one.

"Can't the icy-scaled robot do it herself?" Cool tried one more time.

Prism met his eyes. "Are you in or not?"

Another thing Cool couldn't believe he was agreeing to. He closed his eyes, disappointed in himself. "What do I need to do?"
This is going to be fun :3
NZ8D4KR.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13