Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Fall of the Night
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][/center][b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 11[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Fanned Cockroach] -----[/center] Cool landed smoothly and walked straight up to Cliff, who had just gotten done with a customer. [b]"Oh, hello,"[/b] Cliff said, obviously still annoyed with Cool for destroying his hot air balloon. Cool ignored his tone. He had already gone through the trouble of trading that Sunchaser Jewelry five times to get something that Cliff wouldn't suspect was stolen. He'd done his repaying. [b]"Hi!"[/b] Echo dropped down next to them. Cliff smiled. [b]"How're you doing, little one?"[/b] Echo smiled back. [b]"Good,"[/b] she said. [b]"We're not here for small talk,"[/b] Cool interrupted them. He turned to Cliff, not sure where to start. [b]"So, well, Echo here tells me that Lena was killed and possessed or something, and you know why."[/b] He spoke directly and clearly, wanting to get answers as soon as possible. Surely Lena wasn't actually dead? He could believe that the little Nocturne was overreacting. Cliff looked taken aback. He glanced at the two dragons in front of him, from Echo to Cool and back. [b]"I'm not the best dragon to go to for an explanation,"[/b] he started. [b]"None of that nonsense,"[/b] Cool cut him off. [b]"If something happened to my friend then I want ans--"[/b] [b]"I mean it!"[/b] Cliff protested. [b]"It's complicated and I can think of at least ten dragons who help you understand this better."[/b] [b]"Who?"[/b] Echo asked helpfully. Sighing, Cliff got out from his shop. [b]"I'll take you, but we need to be quick,"[/b] he said. [b]"Let me lock up and then we can be on our way."[/b] ^^^ Echo found the way they were flying to be familiar. Cliff was leading the way, and she recognized a bunch of the landmarks. Curious, she asked, [b]"Where we going?"[/b] [b]"My Clan,"[/b] Cliff said. [b]"Clan of the Wild Heather. I know a brilliant young dragon there who could use a few more friends and this is a good opportunity."[/b] Echo nodded at this. The Clan of Wild Heather was where Raiya had taken her last night. She wondered if Raiya was the dragon Cliff was talking about but then decided it wasn't. Raiya had lots of friends. Echo knew when to start dipping down and preparing to land. She followed Cliff into the walls of the lair, Cool behind them. Together they made their way over to a black-colored Nocturne who was reading something, his brow furrowed in concentration. Greenish clear stuff that reflected light looked like a crystal mirror on his scales. It was pretty. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=13&breed=11&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=141&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=6ca38ba51139c1b15cac05a1bb62136265fd2e49&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [b]"Hey, Night,"[/b] Cliff called. The Nocturne raised his head in surprise and smiled nervously at Echo and Cool. Echo observed a strange excitement in his expression. [b]"Hi?"[/b] [b]"These two were friends with the dragon who was killed yesterday,"[/b] Cliff explained briefly. There was a flash of understanding in Night's eyes. They had clearly talked about the subject before. [b]"I think you can explain the Gloom better than I can."[/b] [b]"Okay, I guess?"[/b] Night said. Cliff grinned. [b]"I know I could count on you. Thanks, little buddy."[/b] He waved at him and took to the sky in a hurry to get back to his stand. [b]"So?"[/b] Cool demanded. Night winced slightly at being confronted like this. He turned to Echo, probably feeling more comfortable talking to her. [b]"It'll work better as a story,"[/b] he suggested. Cool motioned impatiently. [b]"I don't care how you explain it as long as you do it well. Go on."[/b] Echo scrunched his face together at Night. [i]Yeah, he's always like this. Just ignore it. He's probably just worried and still shocked. Just like me and you.[/i] Night seemed to get the message. [b]"No need to be rushed,"[/b] he said to Cool, sticking up for himself. [b]"Anyways, um, well,"[/b] he pondered for a moment awkwardly. [b]"Alright. I got this. So, long long ago, as you should know, the Shade shattered and exploded, hopefully for good. After that was when the deities created dragonkind. And the Shade is supposed to be gone and not have power for a very long time,"[/b] he began. [b]"It's a myth, but we think that this area around the Gusty Lakes had more remnants of the Shade that landed here than most other places,"[/b] Night continued. [b]"It's another myth that some of these remnants of the Shade gathered themselves into a egg and cursed it with its power. And that was how the Gloom was created."[/b] Echo listened intently. For some reason this story seemed familiar. Cool, on the other hand, was not convinced. [b]"Oh sure, totally believable,"[/b] he said sarcastically. [b]"Are you going to listen or not?"[/b] Night frowned. [b]"So the Gloom had combined powers of dragonkind and the Shade, making it a mystery force stronger than anything we've known before, other than the deities of course,"[/b] he continued on. [b]"It almost has a mind of its own. Yet it couldn't escape the dragon that it had been created with. So it tried to corrupt him, and according to the myth, in some ways it succeeded."[/b] Night sounded very tired here. [b]"But a dragon only lives for so long."[/b] [b]"So when that cursed dragon died, the Gloom was free,"[/b] Echo finished. [b]"That's right,"[/b] Night blinked at her, surprised. Echo was surprised too. She had said a full sentence with perfect grammar without stuttering at all! Hooray! [b]"So she's a mind reader now,"[/b] Cool said. Night shrugged. [b]"Probably not. So, back to the Gloom. It couldn't take power unless it had a body. And it's greatest strength is emotion, because the first cursed dragon knew emotions. So that's how it possesses. It gets into your head and starts talking to you. It can manipulate and tell you everything you want to hear when you're at your weakest points."[/b] Echo shivered. [b]"At weakest points,"[/b] she echoed. Things were making a little more sense now. She was remembering a little more of her past too, but not enough. [b]"It's probably still confusing,"[/b] Night grimaced. [b]"For your situation, Banish was a complete emotional disaster knowing one of his most precious items was being stolen."[/b] Cool visibly stiffened. [b]"So since his defense were so weak, the Gloom could easily take over him at that point. Oh, and once you've been possessed, you either die from the shock or you live and the Gloom can possess you again and again twice as easily. It's scary,"[/b] Night finished. [b]"And the Gloom is evil. It doesn't just want death-- it wants suffering and torture. Because the more dragons fall, the easier the Shade can rise again."[/b] [b]"The Shade can rise again?"[/b] Echo's eyes were wide. Night shook his head fiercely. [b]"I certainly hope not,"[/b] he said, patting Echo on the head affectionately. [b]"I still don't understand,"[/b] Cool said coldly. [b]"Lena didn't-- she didn't--"[/b] [b]"We've checked,"[/b] Night said gently. [b]"She's dead. Her heart was nearly ripped out, if you want the gory details."[/b] [b]"And Banish?"[/b] Echo asked, fearing the answer. She remembered what Night had said about the one being possessed possibly not surviving. [b]"How he?"[/b] Night looked down. [b]"The Gloom was too much for his body to handle,"[/b] his eyes clouded. [b]"He died too."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- well then It's still really confusing but hopefully you get the idea? It's one of those things that make sense in my head as a concept but don't work out as well in words. And I didn't get a familiar so Night isn't really part of Echo's group of friends yet officially but it made sense to introduce him today :3 [/center]
Day 11
Fanned Cockroach
Cool landed smoothly and walked straight up to Cliff, who had just gotten done with a customer.

"Oh, hello," Cliff said, obviously still annoyed with Cool for destroying his hot air balloon. Cool ignored his tone. He had already gone through the trouble of trading that Sunchaser Jewelry five times to get something that Cliff wouldn't suspect was stolen. He'd done his repaying.

"Hi!" Echo dropped down next to them.

Cliff smiled. "How're you doing, little one?"

Echo smiled back. "Good," she said.

"We're not here for small talk," Cool interrupted them. He turned to Cliff, not sure where to start. "So, well, Echo here tells me that Lena was killed and possessed or something, and you know why." He spoke directly and clearly, wanting to get answers as soon as possible. Surely Lena wasn't actually dead? He could believe that the little Nocturne was overreacting.

Cliff looked taken aback. He glanced at the two dragons in front of him, from Echo to Cool and back. "I'm not the best dragon to go to for an explanation," he started.

"None of that nonsense," Cool cut him off. "If something happened to my friend then I want ans--"

"I mean it!" Cliff protested. "It's complicated and I can think of at least ten dragons who help you understand this better."

"Who?" Echo asked helpfully.

Sighing, Cliff got out from his shop. "I'll take you, but we need to be quick," he said. "Let me lock up and then we can be on our way."

^^^

Echo found the way they were flying to be familiar. Cliff was leading the way, and she recognized a bunch of the landmarks. Curious, she asked, "Where we going?"

"My Clan," Cliff said. "Clan of the Wild Heather. I know a brilliant young dragon there who could use a few more friends and this is a good opportunity."

Echo nodded at this. The Clan of Wild Heather was where Raiya had taken her last night. She wondered if Raiya was the dragon Cliff was talking about but then decided it wasn't. Raiya had lots of friends.

Echo knew when to start dipping down and preparing to land. She followed Cliff into the walls of the lair, Cool behind them.

Together they made their way over to a black-colored Nocturne who was reading something, his brow furrowed in concentration. Greenish clear stuff that reflected light looked like a crystal mirror on his scales. It was pretty.
dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=13&breed=11&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=141&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=6ca38ba51139c1b15cac05a1bb62136265fd2e49&dummyext=prev.png

"Hey, Night," Cliff called.

The Nocturne raised his head in surprise and smiled nervously at Echo and Cool. Echo observed a strange excitement in his expression. "Hi?"

"These two were friends with the dragon who was killed yesterday," Cliff explained briefly. There was a flash of understanding in Night's eyes. They had clearly talked about the subject before. "I think you can explain the Gloom better than I can."

"Okay, I guess?" Night said.

Cliff grinned. "I know I could count on you. Thanks, little buddy." He waved at him and took to the sky in a hurry to get back to his stand.

"So?" Cool demanded.

Night winced slightly at being confronted like this. He turned to Echo, probably feeling more comfortable talking to her. "It'll work better as a story," he suggested.

Cool motioned impatiently. "I don't care how you explain it as long as you do it well. Go on."

Echo scrunched his face together at Night. Yeah, he's always like this. Just ignore it. He's probably just worried and still shocked. Just like me and you.

Night seemed to get the message. "No need to be rushed," he said to Cool, sticking up for himself. "Anyways, um, well," he pondered for a moment awkwardly. "Alright. I got this. So, long long ago, as you should know, the Shade shattered and exploded, hopefully for good. After that was when the deities created dragonkind. And the Shade is supposed to be gone and not have power for a very long time," he began.

"It's a myth, but we think that this area around the Gusty Lakes had more remnants of the Shade that landed here than most other places," Night continued. "It's another myth that some of these remnants of the Shade gathered themselves into a egg and cursed it with its power. And that was how the Gloom was created."

Echo listened intently. For some reason this story seemed familiar.

Cool, on the other hand, was not convinced. "Oh sure, totally believable," he said sarcastically.

"Are you going to listen or not?" Night frowned. "So the Gloom had combined powers of dragonkind and the Shade, making it a mystery force stronger than anything we've known before, other than the deities of course," he continued on. "It almost has a mind of its own. Yet it couldn't escape the dragon that it had been created with. So it tried to corrupt him, and according to the myth, in some ways it succeeded." Night sounded very tired here. "But a dragon only lives for so long."

"So when that cursed dragon died, the Gloom was free," Echo finished.

"That's right," Night blinked at her, surprised. Echo was surprised too. She had said a full sentence with perfect grammar without stuttering at all! Hooray!

"So she's a mind reader now," Cool said.

Night shrugged. "Probably not. So, back to the Gloom. It couldn't take power unless it had a body. And it's greatest strength is emotion, because the first cursed dragon knew emotions. So that's how it possesses. It gets into your head and starts talking to you. It can manipulate and tell you everything you want to hear when you're at your weakest points."

Echo shivered. "At weakest points," she echoed. Things were making a little more sense now. She was remembering a little more of her past too, but not enough.

"It's probably still confusing," Night grimaced. "For your situation, Banish was a complete emotional disaster knowing one of his most precious items was being stolen."

Cool visibly stiffened.

"So since his defense were so weak, the Gloom could easily take over him at that point. Oh, and once you've been possessed, you either die from the shock or you live and the Gloom can possess you again and again twice as easily. It's scary," Night finished. "And the Gloom is evil. It doesn't just want death-- it wants suffering and torture. Because the more dragons fall, the easier the Shade can rise again."

"The Shade can rise again?" Echo's eyes were wide.

Night shook his head fiercely. "I certainly hope not," he said, patting Echo on the head affectionately.

"I still don't understand," Cool said coldly. "Lena didn't-- she didn't--"

"We've checked," Night said gently. "She's dead. Her heart was nearly ripped out, if you want the gory details."

"And Banish?" Echo asked, fearing the answer. She remembered what Night had said about the one being possessed possibly not surviving. "How he?"

Night looked down. "The Gloom was too much for his body to handle," his eyes clouded. "He died too."
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed
well then

It's still really confusing but hopefully you get the idea? It's one of those things that make sense in my head as a concept but don't work out as well in words.

And I didn't get a familiar so Night isn't really part of Echo's group of friends yet officially but it made sense to introduce him today :3
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][/center][b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 12[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Flameleg Millipede] Just realized I forgot to do yesterday's battles -_- -----[/center] Raiya was under a pile of hatchlings. [b]"Here I go!"[/b] one of the ones not already laying on top of Raiya squeaked, taking a running start and plopping at the top of the pile with a "whee" and then an "oof". [b]"Having fun?"[/b] a amused voice said. Raiya looked up to see her foster mother looking at her, obviously entertained by the scene in front of her. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=19&breed=14&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=76&tertgene=14&winggene=3&wings=10&auth=961f974b4b2118e2b2f4f8c2d97f3989bc8ab23a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [b]"I think so,"[/b] Raiya said, her voice muffled from having her face pressed into the ground. Raiya's foster mother, Agnessa, laughed. [b]"Lucky for you, your shift's over. You can get on with whatever you want to do for today."[/b] She turned to the bunch of hatchlings play-fighting each other on top of Raiya. [b]"Enough, you guys. Let Raiya go free for today. You can continue making her miserable tomorrow. I'm sure she enjoys having you all tackle her."[/b] [b]"Aww,"[/b] the hatchlings said in a chorus of cute little voices. Slowly, they made their way off of their slightly exasperated babysitter. [b]"Thanks, [i]Mom[/i],"[/b] Raiya smiled and rolled her eyes. She called her foster mother by her first name most of the time and would only use 'mom' when she was being playful or sarcastic. When Raiya stood up, the final hatchling slid off of her back, looking absolutely delighted. Raiya turned to leave and asked Agnessa, [b]"Are you staying to take care of them?"[/b] Agnessa laughed. [b]"I'll be having my own soon so I might as well,"[/b] she said. [i]Right,[/i] Raiya thought. A sadness that didn't belong filled her. Agnessa had had her first ever clutch of eggs just a few days ago. It was a miracle since she was supposedly not able to ever have offspring. It was bittersweet for Raiya; she had been the center of Agnessa's affection for so long. Soon she wouldn't be needed anymore. Deciding to take her mind off of that, she looked around the Clan for one of her friends. She spotted Night's familiar black scales in a corner, with... Echo? Curious, Raiya flew over to them. What was Echo doing back here, and why in Sornieth was she talking to Night of all dragons? And there was a blue Pearlcatcher with them too. [b]"Hey, you guys,"[/b] Raiya said as she approached them. [b]"Hello!"[/b] Echo turned around. [b]"Oh. You look like... like squished,"[/b] Echo observed nonchalantly. Raiya laughed. [b]"Yep, that's about right. It's that obvious, huh?"[/b] she cheerfully shrugged. [b]"What are you doing back here?"[/b] [b]"Who are you?"[/b] the blue Pearlcatcher frowned at her, giving off a cold vibe. [b]"I'm Raiya,"[/b] Raiya said, unruffled. [b]"And you are?"[/b] [b]"He's cool,"[/b] Echo piped up, looking like she was hiding a giggle. Cool glared at her. [b]"I can speak for myself. My name is Cool,"[/b] he said to Raiya. Raiya had to swallow a laugh too. She smiled at the Pearlcatcher, wondering if she should feel bad for him. Normally dragons only act defensive because they're afraid of being seen as weak if they act kind. [b]"Nice to meet you,"[/b] she said. [b]"Sure,"[/b] Cool muttered. [b]"So what were you all doing?"[/b] Raiya asked. [b]"I was just telling them about the Gloom,"[/b] Night explained. [b]"I don't think they've ever heard of it before."[/b] Echo looked like she wanted to say something but then kept her mouth shut. Raiya blinked at him. [b]"Did they have an encounter with it?"[/b] [b]"Oh, well. There was a possession last night, at sunset,"[/b] Night replied, glancing nervously at Echo. [b]"Her friend was... taken."[/b] [b]"Died,"[/b] Echo corrected. She gave Night a sad smile. [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Night said, anxiously moving his tail back and forth. He put his claw comfortingly on Echo's shoulder and the little Nocturne turned her head to look at it, surprised. [b]"There was a robbery. Banish's shop. He did it and he, well, he didn't make it either,"[/b] he finished. Raiya walked up behind Echo and gave her a hug. [b]"That's what happened?"[/b] she asked quietly. She could almost feel the shattering pain in the poor little one's heart. [b]"I'm so sorry."[/b] Echo glanced at Cool. [b]"It okay."[/b] Cool seemed very uncomfortable. [b]"Yeah,"[/b] he commented awkwardly. [b]"Oh, I was going to show you to our new Clan in progress,"[/b] Raiya remembered. [b]"If you're ready we can go now, but if you need a moment that's perfectly fine too."[/b] [b]"Now good,"[/b] Echo answered. Raiya nodded. [b]"Cool. Oh, and Night's helping, by the way. You wanna come with?"[/b] Night shook his head, looking regretful. [b]"I can't. I have to study for my assessment tomorrow."[/b] [b]"Aw, alright then,"[/b] Raiya said. She explained to Echo, [b]"He's serving as an apprentice under our Clan's best mage."[/b] Echo looked surprised. [b]"Wow. That good,"[/b] she beamed at Night, who shyly grinned back. Raiya turned to Cool next. [b]"Would you like to join us?"[/b] Cool shrugged. [b]"I don't have anything better to do."[/b] Raiya sighed inside. He could at least try to be friendly, instead of being a damper on everyone's mood. But then she remembered that she was about to show new dragons her grand plan, her most prized idea, the thing she was so excited about, and she perked up immediately. Raiya smacked Echo's arm playfully. [b]"Onwards!"[/b] she said happily. [b]"Follow me!"[/b] Echo sprang into the air after her. [b]"Yay!"[/b] she cheered. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I liked this update. Raiya's POV is very wholesome c: [/center]
Day 12
Flameleg Millipede
Just realized I forgot to do yesterday's battles -_-
Raiya was under a pile of hatchlings.

"Here I go!" one of the ones not already laying on top of Raiya squeaked, taking a running start and plopping at the top of the pile with a "whee" and then an "oof".

"Having fun?" a amused voice said.

Raiya looked up to see her foster mother looking at her, obviously entertained by the scene in front of her.
dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=19&breed=14&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=76&tertgene=14&winggene=3&wings=10&auth=961f974b4b2118e2b2f4f8c2d97f3989bc8ab23a&dummyext=prev.png

"I think so," Raiya said, her voice muffled from having her face pressed into the ground.

Raiya's foster mother, Agnessa, laughed. "Lucky for you, your shift's over. You can get on with whatever you want to do for today." She turned to the bunch of hatchlings play-fighting each other on top of Raiya. "Enough, you guys. Let Raiya go free for today. You can continue making her miserable tomorrow. I'm sure she enjoys having you all tackle her."

"Aww," the hatchlings said in a chorus of cute little voices. Slowly, they made their way off of their slightly exasperated babysitter.

"Thanks, Mom," Raiya smiled and rolled her eyes. She called her foster mother by her first name most of the time and would only use 'mom' when she was being playful or sarcastic.

When Raiya stood up, the final hatchling slid off of her back, looking absolutely delighted. Raiya turned to leave and asked Agnessa, "Are you staying to take care of them?"

Agnessa laughed. "I'll be having my own soon so I might as well," she said.

Right, Raiya thought. A sadness that didn't belong filled her. Agnessa had had her first ever clutch of eggs just a few days ago. It was a miracle since she was supposedly not able to ever have offspring. It was bittersweet for Raiya; she had been the center of Agnessa's affection for so long. Soon she wouldn't be needed anymore.

Deciding to take her mind off of that, she looked around the Clan for one of her friends. She spotted Night's familiar black scales in a corner, with... Echo? Curious, Raiya flew over to them. What was Echo doing back here, and why in Sornieth was she talking to Night of all dragons? And there was a blue Pearlcatcher with them too.

"Hey, you guys," Raiya said as she approached them.

"Hello!" Echo turned around. "Oh. You look like... like squished," Echo observed nonchalantly.

Raiya laughed. "Yep, that's about right. It's that obvious, huh?" she cheerfully shrugged. "What are you doing back here?"

"Who are you?" the blue Pearlcatcher frowned at her, giving off a cold vibe.

"I'm Raiya," Raiya said, unruffled. "And you are?"

"He's cool," Echo piped up, looking like she was hiding a giggle.

Cool glared at her. "I can speak for myself. My name is Cool," he said to Raiya.

Raiya had to swallow a laugh too. She smiled at the Pearlcatcher, wondering if she should feel bad for him. Normally dragons only act defensive because they're afraid of being seen as weak if they act kind. "Nice to meet you," she said.

"Sure," Cool muttered.

"So what were you all doing?" Raiya asked.

"I was just telling them about the Gloom," Night explained. "I don't think they've ever heard of it before."

Echo looked like she wanted to say something but then kept her mouth shut.

Raiya blinked at him. "Did they have an encounter with it?"

"Oh, well. There was a possession last night, at sunset," Night replied, glancing nervously at Echo. "Her friend was... taken."

"Died," Echo corrected. She gave Night a sad smile.

"Yeah," Night said, anxiously moving his tail back and forth. He put his claw comfortingly on Echo's shoulder and the little Nocturne turned her head to look at it, surprised. "There was a robbery. Banish's shop. He did it and he, well, he didn't make it either," he finished.

Raiya walked up behind Echo and gave her a hug. "That's what happened?" she asked quietly. She could almost feel the shattering pain in the poor little one's heart. "I'm so sorry."

Echo glanced at Cool. "It okay."

Cool seemed very uncomfortable. "Yeah," he commented awkwardly.

"Oh, I was going to show you to our new Clan in progress," Raiya remembered. "If you're ready we can go now, but if you need a moment that's perfectly fine too."

"Now good," Echo answered.

Raiya nodded. "Cool. Oh, and Night's helping, by the way. You wanna come with?"

Night shook his head, looking regretful. "I can't. I have to study for my assessment tomorrow."

"Aw, alright then," Raiya said. She explained to Echo, "He's serving as an apprentice under our Clan's best mage."

Echo looked surprised. "Wow. That good," she beamed at Night, who shyly grinned back.

Raiya turned to Cool next. "Would you like to join us?"

Cool shrugged. "I don't have anything better to do." Raiya sighed inside. He could at least try to be friendly, instead of being a damper on everyone's mood.

But then she remembered that she was about to show new dragons her grand plan, her most prized idea, the thing she was so excited about, and she perked up immediately.

Raiya smacked Echo's arm playfully. "Onwards!" she said happily. "Follow me!"

Echo sprang into the air after her. "Yay!" she cheered.
I liked this update. Raiya's POV is very wholesome c:
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][/center][b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 13[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Googly Confusion] Echo and Cool are both ready to breed, but... just no. So we're gonna have a nice bonding scene. -----[/center] Raiya took Echo and Cool over a small lake and then landed in a field of grass and dandelions, another lake just ahead of them in the marshy area. A patch of growing bamboo stalks stood by the water. [b]"Here's the place!"[/b] she announced. [b]"The place for what again?"[/b] Cool said. Raiya narrowed his eyes at him for a moment and then remembered that he didn't know about the new Clan she wanted to build. [b]"Me and my friends want to create a new Clan. This is the site where we're going to make a lair,"[/b] she explained. Cool shrugged, seeming uninterested. [b]"That sounds lame."[/b] [b]"I think it good,"[/b] Echo said honestly. [b]"Thanks,"[/b] Raiya grinned appreciatively at the little Nocturne. Echo observed that it looked like an organized mess. There was a hole in the ground that seemed to staircase into the ground, and then tiny shoots of bamboo everywhere, as well as a couple of piles of random junk. [b]"What all this?"[/b] she asked. [b]"One of my buddies is usually here, clearing out or hunting or something. It's a nice stretch of land. There's a pile of stuff over there for when we actually start building,"[/b] she nodded in that direction. [b]"It's going to be brilliant! I'm working on digging an underground part, Night's in charge of camouflage and des--"[/b] Night suddenly landed next to them. [b]"Hi,"[/b] he said breathlessly, looking kind of flustered. [b]"Oh, hey. I thought you were studying?"[/b] Raiya said, raising her eyebrows. Night always took studying seriously. Way too seriously. [b]"Master said that she wanted to be alone in her studio,"[/b] Night answered. [b]"I normally study in there but she told me to go out and play like a normal hatchling."[/b] He looked down like he'd been rejected. [b]"Maybe I'm not good enough anymore."[/b] [b]"You good enough,"[/b] Echo said very certainly without missing a beat. Night smiled at her in surprise. [b]"Thanks."[/b] [b]"Should we start building? We said we'd try to get it done before Trickmurk Circus,"[/b] Raiya asked. Wanting to get on with creating her dream made her a bit impatient sometimes. [b]"I'll take Cool with me,"[/b] she offered, knowing that he'd probably intimidate the other two and not do any work at all. [b]"I never said I was going to help,"[/b] Cool interjected. Raiya blinked at him. [b]"Are you just going to watch?"[/b] [b]"Well I don't have-- you know what? Fine,"[/b] he grumbled. Raiya smiled to herself and walked with Cool to her part of the big project, leaving Night with Echo. Night shuffled his feet. [b]"Hi. So. Um, I'm working on the structure of the lair. Measures for protection, entrances, that kind of stuff,"[/b] he explained. [b]"Part of it is camouflage."[/b] [b]"Ooh,"[/b] Echo was all ears. [b]"Grass and leaves?"[/b] [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Night looked more relaxed the more he talked. [b]"But it's a bit more complicated. Monsters can see us from a long while away out here since there's rarely any places to hide on the Plateau. But there's bamboo patch here. We're constantly growing more so that soon we can pack down the dirt in Raiya's underground shelter, cover it up, and have a full forest."[/b] [b]"Show me?"[/b] Echo said curiously. Night's eyes lit up. [b]"Sure."[/b] He led Echo to the tallest bamboo plants. [b]"So, um, these were the originals, thriving by the water. We're planting shoots along this way, and then Raiya has her whole underground thing over there. You know, she doesn't like water much,"[/b] he added with amusement. [b]"Ridgebacks,"[/b] Echo shook her head mockingly with a giggle. [b]"I know, right?"[/b] Night grinned. [b]"But her part is important too. When she's done, we'll fill in the dirt above, build stuff underneath to make sure it doesn't collapse, and then the bamboo will be all around us. This will be the heart of the lair. We're-- we're hoping it works."[/b] [b]"I think it will,"[/b] Echo said firmly, sensing Night's anxiousness. Night nodded, probably trying to reassure himself. [b]"Yeah. But right now it's just a vision. So I have the hardest task of designing it and making the magic and architecture work when it's not even there yet,"[/b] he made a face. Echo didn't want him to have so little faith in himself. [b]"You can do it! You're smart!"[/b] she clapped her claws together in applause. She really admired him. It would be hard to have to do all this and yet he still was trying anyway. It probably involved math. Echo had never liked math. [b]"Thanks,"[/b] Night didn't sound very convinced but he let his wing brush Echo's in acknowledgement. They exchanged a look that only two confused, slightly nervous, and inwardly brilliant beings would understand. It was an instant connection, electricity. There was a moment of silence. [b]"Can I help you?"[/b] Echo eventually asked, eagerness in her voice. It always felt good to be a part of something bigger, to contribute. Night spoke without hesitation this time. [b]"Of course."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I really want Pink to give me a familiar but he's stubbornly hoarding them apparently. Also I feel like I'm writing a bit every day and getting like nowhere plot-wise, but hopefully it's moving along not too slowly. Oh, and if anyone wants to know their current mental ages in human years: Echo: 10 Cool: 12 Raiya: 14 Night: 11 Lena was: 8 Cliff: 34 Banish was: 30 [/center]
Day 13
Googly Confusion
Echo and Cool are both ready to breed, but... just no. So we're gonna have a nice bonding scene.
Raiya took Echo and Cool over a small lake and then landed in a field of grass and dandelions, another lake just ahead of them in the marshy area. A patch of growing bamboo stalks stood by the water.

"Here's the place!" she announced.

"The place for what again?" Cool said.

Raiya narrowed his eyes at him for a moment and then remembered that he didn't know about the new Clan she wanted to build. "Me and my friends want to create a new Clan. This is the site where we're going to make a lair," she explained.

Cool shrugged, seeming uninterested. "That sounds lame."

"I think it good," Echo said honestly.

"Thanks," Raiya grinned appreciatively at the little Nocturne.

Echo observed that it looked like an organized mess. There was a hole in the ground that seemed to staircase into the ground, and then tiny shoots of bamboo everywhere, as well as a couple of piles of random junk. "What all this?" she asked.

"One of my buddies is usually here, clearing out or hunting or something. It's a nice stretch of land. There's a pile of stuff over there for when we actually start building," she nodded in that direction. "It's going to be brilliant! I'm working on digging an underground part, Night's in charge of camouflage and des--"

Night suddenly landed next to them. "Hi," he said breathlessly, looking kind of flustered.

"Oh, hey. I thought you were studying?" Raiya said, raising her eyebrows. Night always took studying seriously. Way too seriously.

"Master said that she wanted to be alone in her studio," Night answered. "I normally study in there but she told me to go out and play like a normal hatchling." He looked down like he'd been rejected. "Maybe I'm not good enough anymore."

"You good enough," Echo said very certainly without missing a beat.

Night smiled at her in surprise. "Thanks."

"Should we start building? We said we'd try to get it done before Trickmurk Circus," Raiya asked. Wanting to get on with creating her dream made her a bit impatient sometimes. "I'll take Cool with me," she offered, knowing that he'd probably intimidate the other two and not do any work at all.

"I never said I was going to help," Cool interjected.

Raiya blinked at him. "Are you just going to watch?"

"Well I don't have-- you know what? Fine," he grumbled.

Raiya smiled to herself and walked with Cool to her part of the big project, leaving Night with Echo.

Night shuffled his feet. "Hi. So. Um, I'm working on the structure of the lair. Measures for protection, entrances, that kind of stuff," he explained. "Part of it is camouflage."

"Ooh," Echo was all ears. "Grass and leaves?"

"Yeah," Night looked more relaxed the more he talked. "But it's a bit more complicated. Monsters can see us from a long while away out here since there's rarely any places to hide on the Plateau. But there's bamboo patch here. We're constantly growing more so that soon we can pack down the dirt in Raiya's underground shelter, cover it up, and have a full forest."

"Show me?" Echo said curiously.

Night's eyes lit up. "Sure." He led Echo to the tallest bamboo plants. "So, um, these were the originals, thriving by the water. We're planting shoots along this way, and then Raiya has her whole underground thing over there. You know, she doesn't like water much," he added with amusement.

"Ridgebacks," Echo shook her head mockingly with a giggle.

"I know, right?" Night grinned. "But her part is important too. When she's done, we'll fill in the dirt above, build stuff underneath to make sure it doesn't collapse, and then the bamboo will be all around us. This will be the heart of the lair. We're-- we're hoping it works."

"I think it will," Echo said firmly, sensing Night's anxiousness.

Night nodded, probably trying to reassure himself. "Yeah. But right now it's just a vision. So I have the hardest task of designing it and making the magic and architecture work when it's not even there yet," he made a face.

Echo didn't want him to have so little faith in himself. "You can do it! You're smart!" she clapped her claws together in applause. She really admired him. It would be hard to have to do all this and yet he still was trying anyway. It probably involved math. Echo had never liked math.

"Thanks," Night didn't sound very convinced but he let his wing brush Echo's in acknowledgement. They exchanged a look that only two confused, slightly nervous, and inwardly brilliant beings would understand. It was an instant connection, electricity. There was a moment of silence.

"Can I help you?" Echo eventually asked, eagerness in her voice. It always felt good to be a part of something bigger, to contribute.

Night spoke without hesitation this time. "Of course."
I really want Pink to give me a familiar but he's stubbornly hoarding them apparently. Also I feel like I'm writing a bit every day and getting like nowhere plot-wise, but hopefully it's moving along not too slowly.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know their current mental ages in human years:

Echo: 10
Cool: 12
Raiya: 14
Night: 11
Lena was: 8
Cliff: 34
Banish was: 30
NZ8D4KR.png
Ooh
Ooh
They are all really young :o
And Raiya's pov is so innocent ^^
They are all really young :o
And Raiya's pov is so innocent ^^
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Sugarkit
Ooh?

@Drachenschwinge
Yeah, I didn't mean for it to end up that way but they're all children XD Which just makes death so much more devastating >.<
@Sugarkit
Ooh?

@Drachenschwinge
Yeah, I didn't mean for it to end up that way but they're all children XD Which just makes death so much more devastating >.<
NZ8D4KR.png
@SpiceCookie of course ooh. Haven’t you learned that that’s my response to like everything by now? XD
@SpiceCookie of course ooh. Haven’t you learned that that’s my response to like everything by now? XD
[center][/center][b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 14[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Scholar] I actually think Pinkerton wants my dragons to die. -----[/center] Meanwhile, Cool and Raiya were having a verbal tug-of-war tournament. [b]"That's not how you're supposed to dig,"[/b] Raiya said, frustrated and trying to be patient. [b]"If you move your claws like that, the loose dirt will gather up behind you and you'll trap yourself inside."[/b] [b]"You don't tell me how to dig,"[/b] Cool retorted. [b]"Be glad I'm helping you with your dirty work."[/b] [b]"I don't want to suffocate in here and die and I don't think you want to either,"[/b] Raiya took a deep breath. [b]"If you're not going to do this right then maybe you should help fetch the supporting structures instead."[/b] Cool frowned. [b]"You know what? I think I will."[/b] [b]"They're in the pile to the left of the trench entrance,"[/b] Raiya told him, relieved. [b]"We're going to need a board for this wall here soon or it might collapse in."[/b] Cool left haughtily without another word. He hated it when others tried to tell him what to do, and especially when they told him he was wrong and actually had logic to back themselves up. It hurt his pride. He stomped his way to the pile of rubble in unhappiness, making sure the ground understood how irritated he was with every step. When he made it there, he found a piece of flat rock and decided it was good enough for whatever wall thing Raiya needed. Cool lifted it up, careful to not accidentally stab his pearl with it, and headed back.[i] Would the stupid thing even fit in the hole? The entire plan is such a mess,[/i] negative thoughts came in flurries in his head. [b]"Cool?"[/b] Echo's puzzled voice came from Cool's right. He stopped and turned to answer. [b]"What?"[/b] he said. Echo looked at him curiously. [b]"Why are you carrying giant thing?"[/b] [b]"It's for the inside structure of the underground hollow,"[/b] Night explained. [b]"I guess Raiya got tired of you not doing her job right."[/b] [b]"Pretty much,"[/b] Cool muttered, wishing he could be louder, but his energy was focused on the board he was carrying. [b]"And why are you two doing nothing?"[/b] [b]"We looking at stuff,"[/b] Echo offered eagerly. [b]"Making plans and thingamabobers."[/b] Cool raised his eyebrows, his face slightly strained. [b]"That sounds like you're doing nothing."[/b] The heaviness of the stone slab he was carrying was starting to burn his muscles. Echo opened her mouth to protest, but Night cut her off. [b]"I think Raiya needs to put that in place soon,"[/b] he said. Maybe he'd noticed that Cool was starting to stagger under the board's weight. [b]"Right,"[/b] Cool turned back and started walking again, his feet dragging. Flying would be easier but the board would weigh him down and that couldn't be good for his spine or wings. He was almost to the entrance to the underground. [b]"Ooh, really?"[/b] Echo's voice suddenly came loud from behind, startling Cool. The tall piece of rock slipped from his claws and fell to the ground. Cool stumbled backwards to keep it from crushing him. There was a [i]thud[/i] as it hit the ground. And then the dirt under Cool began to crack. Cool leaped into the air in alarm as soil fell into the trench, blocking the exit for Raiya. That was exactly what she had tried to avoid and then it happened. It wasn't too bad, right? Some shoveling would get her out. But the earth didn't stop crumbling. Being hollow underneath, it caved in quicker than Cool could do anything to stop it, until all of Raiya's hard work was gone. [b]"Look out!"[/b] he called, flying over the falling silt. He heard a yelp come from under him, which was immediately muffled. Cool flew down in a panic. If something bad happened it would be all his fault. All his fault. Again. Just like his silbings and that salesman and Lena. Night flew over to him, followed by Echo. "[b]What happened?"[/b] Night asked hurriedly. [b]"Raiya?"[/b] Echo cried, diving down and coughing as dust rose. She looked desperately around for any sign of the little ridgeback's pink scales, but there was nothing. [b]"Raiya!"[/b] she shouted. Cool felt himself freeze, the way he always did when he was shocked and everything was his fault. Cool's blood ran cold in horror at what he'd done. He'd stomped, he'd dropped the heavy stone exactly where Raiya had needed supports. The dirt had now completely collapsed. And Raiya was buried under it. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Dun dun duuuunnnn It's ok she's not dead [s]yet[/s] [/center]
Day 14
Scholar
I actually think Pinkerton wants my dragons to die.
Meanwhile, Cool and Raiya were having a verbal tug-of-war tournament.

"That's not how you're supposed to dig," Raiya said, frustrated and trying to be patient. "If you move your claws like that, the loose dirt will gather up behind you and you'll trap yourself inside."

"You don't tell me how to dig," Cool retorted. "Be glad I'm helping you with your dirty work."

"I don't want to suffocate in here and die and I don't think you want to either," Raiya took a deep breath. "If you're not going to do this right then maybe you should help fetch the supporting structures instead."

Cool frowned. "You know what? I think I will."

"They're in the pile to the left of the trench entrance," Raiya told him, relieved. "We're going to need a board for this wall here soon or it might collapse in."

Cool left haughtily without another word. He hated it when others tried to tell him what to do, and especially when they told him he was wrong and actually had logic to back themselves up. It hurt his pride.

He stomped his way to the pile of rubble in unhappiness, making sure the ground understood how irritated he was with every step.

When he made it there, he found a piece of flat rock and decided it was good enough for whatever wall thing Raiya needed. Cool lifted it up, careful to not accidentally stab his pearl with it, and headed back. Would the stupid thing even fit in the hole? The entire plan is such a mess, negative thoughts came in flurries in his head.

"Cool?" Echo's puzzled voice came from Cool's right. He stopped and turned to answer.

"What?" he said.

Echo looked at him curiously. "Why are you carrying giant thing?"

"It's for the inside structure of the underground hollow," Night explained. "I guess Raiya got tired of you not doing her job right."

"Pretty much," Cool muttered, wishing he could be louder, but his energy was focused on the board he was carrying. "And why are you two doing nothing?"

"We looking at stuff," Echo offered eagerly. "Making plans and thingamabobers."

Cool raised his eyebrows, his face slightly strained. "That sounds like you're doing nothing." The heaviness of the stone slab he was carrying was starting to burn his muscles.

Echo opened her mouth to protest, but Night cut her off. "I think Raiya needs to put that in place soon," he said. Maybe he'd noticed that Cool was starting to stagger under the board's weight.

"Right," Cool turned back and started walking again, his feet dragging. Flying would be easier but the board would weigh him down and that couldn't be good for his spine or wings.

He was almost to the entrance to the underground.

"Ooh, really?" Echo's voice suddenly came loud from behind, startling Cool.

The tall piece of rock slipped from his claws and fell to the ground. Cool stumbled backwards to keep it from crushing him.

There was a thud as it hit the ground.

And then the dirt under Cool began to crack.

Cool leaped into the air in alarm as soil fell into the trench, blocking the exit for Raiya. That was exactly what she had tried to avoid and then it happened. It wasn't too bad, right? Some shoveling would get her out.

But the earth didn't stop crumbling.

Being hollow underneath, it caved in quicker than Cool could do anything to stop it, until all of Raiya's hard work was gone. "Look out!" he called, flying over the falling silt. He heard a yelp come from under him, which was immediately muffled.

Cool flew down in a panic. If something bad happened it would be all his fault. All his fault. Again. Just like his silbings and that salesman and Lena.

Night flew over to him, followed by Echo. "What happened?" Night asked hurriedly.

"Raiya?" Echo cried, diving down and coughing as dust rose. She looked desperately around for any sign of the little ridgeback's pink scales, but there was nothing. "Raiya!" she shouted.

Cool felt himself freeze, the way he always did when he was shocked and everything was his fault. Cool's blood ran cold in horror at what he'd done. He'd stomped, he'd dropped the heavy stone exactly where Raiya had needed supports.

The dirt had now completely collapsed.

And Raiya was buried under it.
Dun dun duuuunnnn

It's ok she's not dead yet
NZ8D4KR.png
Oooh, I knew Pinkerton is a sadist >.> (I just got a familiar from him too)
And Cool doesn't seem to have any luck at all...
Oooh, I knew Pinkerton is a sadist >.> (I just got a familiar from him too)
And Cool doesn't seem to have any luck at all...
2WRv2Ib.jpg

Wow.. just wow
Wow.. just wow
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13