Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Fall of the Night
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Nuuuuu Lena!!!!!!!
Nuuuuu Lena!!!!!!!
@Drachenschwinge

Thank you! I'm glad you like my story so far! I'll add you to the pinglist, expect another ping to the front page ^^'

And the mystery part of the story is what made me like the idea of the Gloom possession thing, so it's great that you're enjoying it c:
@Drachenschwinge

Thank you! I'm glad you like my story so far! I'll add you to the pinglist, expect another ping to the front page ^^'

And the mystery part of the story is what made me like the idea of the Gloom possession thing, so it's great that you're enjoying it c:
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
Can I be added to the ping list for this? I think it’s awesome and would love to keep reading it! Good job!! (:
Can I be added to the ping list for this? I think it’s awesome and would love to keep reading it! Good job!! (:
| Alex | he/him | Aquarius/Pisces | FR+3 | I like witchcraft and furbies |
tumblr_nkncliWJn31tfgp5so5_100.gif
@zombieshed
Sure and thank you so much!! You'll get a ping to the front page when I add you :3
@zombieshed
Sure and thank you so much!! You'll get a ping to the front page when I add you :3
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][/center][b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 8[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=cockatrice] I didn't get this from Pink, but this dropped the other day while fighting and I really want to introduce a new dragon so why not :3 -----[/center] It was a while later, well into the night. Lena's body had been taken away. It was cold. But Echo didn't want to leave the abandoned marketplace. She had gone through grief many many times, and it felt like each one hurt more than the time before. Maybe that's because every death awoke the memories of the other ones. So she curled up in a sad ball and stayed there. It was when Echo had nearly dozed off despite telling herself not to that she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. Peeking through her tired eyelids, she saw a red-toned Ridgeback hatchling standing in front of her with a look of concern. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=107&bodygene=19&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=2&wings=159&auth=3166c1dc83f733a332ee4c3208d02a552363dea7&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [b]"Hey, what's up? Why are you out here all alone?"[/b] she asked. [b]"All alone?"[/b] Echo answered, slightly confused. That wasn't right. She had Lena's spirit here with her. [b]"No. Not all alone."[/b] [b]"What do you mean?"[/b] the dragon's eyes were curious and accepting. Echo felt safe enough to answer. She gathered up her strength and tried to explain. [b]"My-- my friend,"[/b] her voice shook. [b]"She-- she..."[/b] The little Ridgeback shook her head kindly. [b]"Something awful?"[/b] she guessed. Echo nodded sadly. [b]"I'm so sorry,"[/b] the bigger hatchling leaned over and wrapped a comforting wing around Echo. [b]"It's cold out here. Why don't you come with me?"[/b] Echo nodded. She couldn't help but admire the young dragon, who radiated a warm sense of friendly authority and leadership. That was more than Echo had learned in all the lives she'd had that she could barely remember now. She had always been better at tagging along. She was a good sidekick. [b]"So what's your name? Mine's Raiya,"[/b] the Ridgeback asked. Echo liked that name. She said it to feel how it would sound on her tongue. [b]"Raiya. Am Echo."[/b] [b]"I like that. Cool,"[/b] Raiya said. Echo hide to squash down a painful laugh. She would feel bad for laughing. But it was kinda funny for anyone to say 'cool' now that she knew a dragon named exactly that. Raiya led the way through the black night, Echo trailing closely behind. Raiya didn't say anything, and Echo was lost in her own thoughts. She wondered how Raiya knew the place so well, well enough to know where everything was even in the middle of the night. And she had this sense of independence too. Echo decided she liked this dragon. She would be a good friend. [b]"I'm sorry I'm not being super good at making conversation,"[/b] Raiya said apologetically after a while of walking in silence. [b]"I don't know if you need that or not. Some dragons like having someone go on and on after something bad because they get to rest."[/b] [b]"It okay. I same,"[/b] Echo said. [b]"Not good at talking."[/b] Raiya grinned. [b]"That makes two of us." [/b] Another while of quiet passed, the only sounds being the [i]whoosh[/i] of the breeze in the night air and the songs of a few crickets and animals in the distance. [b]"Oh, I should tell you where we're going, right?"[/b] Raiya suddenly said. Her eyes lit up, this clearly being something she enjoyed talking about. [b]"Right,"[/b] Echo echoed. Raiya motioned with a claw as she talked even though it could barely be seen in the dim moonlight. [b]"So, there's a lake here named Gusty Lake. Very original, I know,"[/b] she laughed when Echo made a face. [b]"But it's a good source of water. A bunch of Clans live here around it, almost as a collection but not quite a town. That's why we have the Marketplace,"[/b] she explained. [b]"One of the big Clans around here is the Clan of Wild Heather. That's where I'm from and where I'll be taking you. The dragons there are super nice, I promise,"[/b] Raiya added, seeing Echo's face. Echo didn't like the idea of a super big Clan. She preferred a close-knit family where she actually knew the members. Raiya continued, [b]"But we won't be there forever! Me and a few friends are creating a Clan. We haven't decided on a name yet, and we've scouted out an empty place for a camp but we still have to make a suitable lair. So we're scattered in where we stay for now, but one day it'll happen,"[/b] she said proudly. [b]"Maybe you can join us."[/b] [b]"Yay!"[/b] Echo beamed. Her heart wasn't truly in it because she was leaving Lena behind as they walked but she really hoped it seemed sincere. [b]"Oh, I'm not rambling, am I?"[/b] Raiya's eyes widened. [b]"No, you're... fantastic!"[/b] Echo used Lena's favorite word and felt a hard pang of grief. [b]"Me bad at talking. Re... re... member?"[/b] she reminded Raiya with an encouraging smile. [i]There you go, keep smiling, Echo.[/i] [b]"Right,"[/b] Raiya's warm tone brightened. Echo relaxed, satisfied that she hadn't accidentally made someone feel bad about themselves. [b]"Oh hey, we're here,"[/b] Raiya announced in a whisper. Echo blinked and all she saw was still darkness. There was maybe barely the silhouette of a wall. [b]"We're here?"[/b] she asked. [b]"Yep. Follow me! You'll be warm here and we'll take great care of you,"[/b] Raiya said. [b]"And we have food."[/b] Echo suddenly realized how hungry and freezing she was. Being numb to the pain and grief had numbed everything else, it seemed. And with the unnumbing came great sadness, because how could she forget Lena? Acceptance hurt just as much as denial. But it also came with the gift of joy and gratitude. Raiya was so so kind to do this for a complete stranger, and Echo was so lucky to have survived so far. Maybe if they extended this kindness to Cool he would learn to be open and happy. [b]"Thank you,"[/b] Echo said to Raiya, meaning it with her whole heart. Raiya turned back, looking almost surprised. [b]"Of course."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I've had Raiya for like [s]4 days[/s] 50 million years and I'm so glad I get to introduce her ^^ Oh, and if any of you guys has ideas for Clan names that would be great because I need a few more and one special one for Raiya's Clan. Feel free to just throw suggestions my way. Thank you for reading! [/center]
Day 8
Cockatrice
I didn't get this from Pink, but this dropped the other day while fighting and I really want to introduce a new dragon so why not :3
It was a while later, well into the night.

Lena's body had been taken away.

It was cold.

But Echo didn't want to leave the abandoned marketplace. She had gone through grief many many times, and it felt like each one hurt more than the time before. Maybe that's because every death awoke the memories of the other ones.

So she curled up in a sad ball and stayed there.

It was when Echo had nearly dozed off despite telling herself not to that she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. Peeking through her tired eyelids, she saw a red-toned Ridgeback hatchling standing in front of her with a look of concern.
dragon?age=0&body=107&bodygene=19&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=2&wings=159&auth=3166c1dc83f733a332ee4c3208d02a552363dea7&dummyext=prev.png

"Hey, what's up? Why are you out here all alone?" she asked.

"All alone?" Echo answered, slightly confused. That wasn't right. She had Lena's spirit here with her. "No. Not all alone."

"What do you mean?" the dragon's eyes were curious and accepting. Echo felt safe enough to answer.

She gathered up her strength and tried to explain. "My-- my friend," her voice shook. "She-- she..."

The little Ridgeback shook her head kindly. "Something awful?" she guessed.

Echo nodded sadly.

"I'm so sorry," the bigger hatchling leaned over and wrapped a comforting wing around Echo. "It's cold out here. Why don't you come with me?"

Echo nodded.

She couldn't help but admire the young dragon, who radiated a warm sense of friendly authority and leadership. That was more than Echo had learned in all the lives she'd had that she could barely remember now. She had always been better at tagging along. She was a good sidekick.

"So what's your name? Mine's Raiya," the Ridgeback asked.

Echo liked that name. She said it to feel how it would sound on her tongue. "Raiya. Am Echo."

"I like that. Cool," Raiya said. Echo hide to squash down a painful laugh. She would feel bad for laughing. But it was kinda funny for anyone to say 'cool' now that she knew a dragon named exactly that.

Raiya led the way through the black night, Echo trailing closely behind. Raiya didn't say anything, and Echo was lost in her own thoughts.

She wondered how Raiya knew the place so well, well enough to know where everything was even in the middle of the night. And she had this sense of independence too. Echo decided she liked this dragon. She would be a good friend.

"I'm sorry I'm not being super good at making conversation," Raiya said apologetically after a while of walking in silence. "I don't know if you need that or not. Some dragons like having someone go on and on after something bad because they get to rest."

"It okay. I same," Echo said. "Not good at talking."

Raiya grinned. "That makes two of us."

Another while of quiet passed, the only sounds being the whoosh of the breeze in the night air and the songs of a few crickets and animals in the distance.

"Oh, I should tell you where we're going, right?" Raiya suddenly said. Her eyes lit up, this clearly being something she enjoyed talking about.

"Right," Echo echoed.

Raiya motioned with a claw as she talked even though it could barely be seen in the dim moonlight. "So, there's a lake here named Gusty Lake. Very original, I know," she laughed when Echo made a face. "But it's a good source of water. A bunch of Clans live here around it, almost as a collection but not quite a town. That's why we have the Marketplace," she explained.

"One of the big Clans around here is the Clan of Wild Heather. That's where I'm from and where I'll be taking you. The dragons there are super nice, I promise," Raiya added, seeing Echo's face. Echo didn't like the idea of a super big Clan. She preferred a close-knit family where she actually knew the members.

Raiya continued, "But we won't be there forever! Me and a few friends are creating a Clan. We haven't decided on a name yet, and we've scouted out an empty place for a camp but we still have to make a suitable lair. So we're scattered in where we stay for now, but one day it'll happen," she said proudly. "Maybe you can join us."

"Yay!" Echo beamed. Her heart wasn't truly in it because she was leaving Lena behind as they walked but she really hoped it seemed sincere.

"Oh, I'm not rambling, am I?" Raiya's eyes widened.

"No, you're... fantastic!" Echo used Lena's favorite word and felt a hard pang of grief. "Me bad at talking. Re... re... member?" she reminded Raiya with an encouraging smile. There you go, keep smiling, Echo.

"Right," Raiya's warm tone brightened. Echo relaxed, satisfied that she hadn't accidentally made someone feel bad about themselves.

"Oh hey, we're here," Raiya announced in a whisper. Echo blinked and all she saw was still darkness. There was maybe barely the silhouette of a wall.

"We're here?" she asked.

"Yep. Follow me! You'll be warm here and we'll take great care of you," Raiya said. "And we have food."

Echo suddenly realized how hungry and freezing she was. Being numb to the pain and grief had numbed everything else, it seemed.

And with the unnumbing came great sadness, because how could she forget Lena? Acceptance hurt just as much as denial. But it also came with the gift of joy and gratitude. Raiya was so so kind to do this for a complete stranger, and Echo was so lucky to have survived so far. Maybe if they extended this kindness to Cool he would learn to be open and happy.

"Thank you," Echo said to Raiya, meaning it with her whole heart.

Raiya turned back, looking almost surprised. "Of course."
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed
I've had Raiya for like 4 days 50 million years and I'm so glad I get to introduce her ^^

Oh, and if any of you guys has ideas for Clan names that would be great because I need a few more and one special one for Raiya's Clan. Feel free to just throw suggestions my way. Thank you for reading!
NZ8D4KR.png
Oooh, clan names... I don't think I'll be any help for that xD You can probably guess why my clan is called the unnamed clan :'D

And yay, new dragon! It would have been really bad if you had to do coli fights with only two dragons >.>
Oooh, clan names... I don't think I'll be any help for that xD You can probably guess why my clan is called the unnamed clan :'D

And yay, new dragon! It would have been really bad if you had to do coli fights with only two dragons >.>
2WRv2Ib.jpg

[center][/center][b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 9[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Gypsum] Shorter update on Cool today because I'm stressed and I need sleep XD -----[/center] Cool took shelter for the night far from the Marketplace. He'd found a small lake next to a big lake and dug himself a hole to hide in. The splashing of the water, reflecting the moon and stars perfectly. It almost reminded him of his birthplace. His home. But it wasn't his home anymore. He couldn't go back. Cool remembered the things he had done before and there was once again guilt. Oh, why did he need to have a conscience? And then there was of course the marketplace incident. Cool kept the stolen apparel tucked safely under his wing. It would be suspicious to give it to Cliff directly, of course. He would have to find someone on the other side of the place who hadn't known of the robbery and trade it for something equally valuable. A few wandering thoughts later, Cool realized he didn't know what had happened to Lena and Echo after he ran away. Deep inside, he hoped they were okay. He hoped they wouldn't be blamed for his actions even though it would make life a lot easier. That was another thing about feeling bad for your actions. You don't want others to suffer even though it would be better for you if they did. He was a horrible dragon, wasn't he? Cool opened his eyes, unable to fall asleep. Maybe if he went to go find Lena and Echo in the morning he wouldn't feel so guilty. He'd see that they were alright and maybe if he was feeling generous enough he'd take the rightful blame for his crime. But only if they were going to do something horrible to Lena and Echo and if he felt guilty enough. Survival was important too. Maybe tomorrow he'd wake up feeling virtuous and he'd be good and moral and honest. Maybe. It would mean he'd have to stay and work for Cliff [i]and[/i] he'd suffer the consequences of thievery though. Cool didn't know if it was worth it or not. He lay awake for another few hours, squished in his tiny hole in the ground, holding the stolen apparel to his chest like it would disappear if he let go. Cool stared at the glowing jewelry shining in the dark. He'd never gotten to own something so valuable before. But maybe he didn't deserve to. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I'm sorry for the really short filler update, I'll have more time tomorrow to make some interesting things happen :3 [/center]
Day 9
Gypsum
Shorter update on Cool today because I'm stressed and I need sleep XD
Cool took shelter for the night far from the Marketplace. He'd found a small lake next to a big lake and dug himself a hole to hide in.

The splashing of the water, reflecting the moon and stars perfectly. It almost reminded him of his birthplace. His home.

But it wasn't his home anymore. He couldn't go back. Cool remembered the things he had done before and there was once again guilt. Oh, why did he need to have a conscience?

And then there was of course the marketplace incident. Cool kept the stolen apparel tucked safely under his wing. It would be suspicious to give it to Cliff directly, of course. He would have to find someone on the other side of the place who hadn't known of the robbery and trade it for something equally valuable.

A few wandering thoughts later, Cool realized he didn't know what had happened to Lena and Echo after he ran away. Deep inside, he hoped they were okay. He hoped they wouldn't be blamed for his actions even though it would make life a lot easier. That was another thing about feeling bad for your actions. You don't want others to suffer even though it would be better for you if they did.

He was a horrible dragon, wasn't he?

Cool opened his eyes, unable to fall asleep. Maybe if he went to go find Lena and Echo in the morning he wouldn't feel so guilty. He'd see that they were alright and maybe if he was feeling generous enough he'd take the rightful blame for his crime. But only if they were going to do something horrible to Lena and Echo and if he felt guilty enough. Survival was important too. Maybe tomorrow he'd wake up feeling virtuous and he'd be good and moral and honest. Maybe.

It would mean he'd have to stay and work for Cliff and he'd suffer the consequences of thievery though. Cool didn't know if it was worth it or not.

He lay awake for another few hours, squished in his tiny hole in the ground, holding the stolen apparel to his chest like it would disappear if he let go.

Cool stared at the glowing jewelry shining in the dark. He'd never gotten to own something so valuable before.

But maybe he didn't deserve to.
I'm sorry for the really short filler update, I'll have more time tomorrow to make some interesting things happen :3
NZ8D4KR.png
[quote name="Drachenschwinge" date="2019-01-16 02:13:20" ] Oooh, clan names... I don't think I'll be any help for that xD You can probably guess why my clan is called the unnamed clan :'D And yay, new dragon! It would have been really bad if you had to do coli fights with only two dragons >.> [/quote] @Drachenschwinge Ahh I'm so sorry I didn't see your post until now! It's perfectly fine, my Clan doesn't have a name either XD And yeah, that's partially why I needed to get a new dragon. Coli is okay right now but I am dreading the Scorched Forest so much o.o And also Raiya is just awesome.
Drachenschwinge wrote on 2019-01-16 02:13:20:

@Drachenschwinge
Ahh I'm so sorry I didn't see your post until now!

It's perfectly fine, my Clan doesn't have a name either XD

And yeah, that's partially why I needed to get a new dragon. Coli is okay right now but I am dreading the Scorched Forest so much o.o
And also Raiya is just awesome.
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][/center][b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 10[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Battered Laser Coil] Silly me, I thought the item said Coli at first instead of Coil and got really confused xP -----[/center] Echo blinked herself awake. The sun was already peeking through the clouds, high in the sky, and Raiya was nowhere to be found. She stood up, taking in the scene around her. There were many little nest-like areas, most of them empty. The air felt damp and the clouds were gray and gloomy, threatening to pour down rain at any given moment. A good day for grieving, she supposed. Hoping to find Raiya soon, Echo flew up into the sky successfully to observe the Clan below her. It was as the ridgeback had said, a big lair decorated with heather at the sides to match the Clan's name. Echo pondered if she was allowed to wander and explore or if she should just leave. [b]"Hi, Echo!"[/b] a sunny voice gently pushed through Echo's sad bubble. [b]"You're up![/b]" Raiya flew up behind Echo. [b]"I'm up,"[/b] Echo acknowledged. [b]"How are you? Do you have any place in mind you want to visit? I have to watch the hatchlings today and I will definitely take any chance of escape I can,"[/b] Raiya laughed. [b]"I love them, but geez they're a lot of work to keep track of."[/b] Echo thought for a moment. She knew Cool was going to go to Cliff and maybe she would find him there and talk to him. She didn't know if he knew of Lena's death yet. [b]"Marp...ketlace?"[/b] Echo answered, her words slightly jumbled. But Raiya got the idea. [b]"Sure, I'll take you there,"[/b] Raiya smiled. [b]"It's good you're exploring. You should learn your way around here anyways, and most of the dragons are friendly."[/b] Echo nodded. [b]"That good. Friendly is good."[/b] The two glided to the stretch of grass where the marketplace was located, Echo flying better than she expected to. She tried to memorize all the landmarks so she could find it on her own next time. [b]"Here we are!"[/b] Raiya announced. [b]"I'll leave you here, if that's okay. I'll come find you later after chores so me and my friends can show you our Clan if you're interested?"[/b] [b]"Okay!"[/b] Echo clapped her claws together. That sounded fun. She decided that more fun would be good. [b]"Alright, great. Bye!"[/b] Raiya called as she left. Echo hurried down the length of the long line of tents and stands, looking for the end where Cliff usually set up his hot air balloon. When she got there, the little Nocturne anxiously glanced around for a sign of Cool's blue scales. But he wasn't at Cliff's shop. In fact, Cool wasn't anywhere to be found. Echo landed to get a closer look, her wings drooping. Maybe she was too late. She raised her head to look up at the dismal clouds in disappointment... and there he was! Cool was flying away, it seemed. Maybe he had talked to Cliff already. Echo desperately lifted into the air. It always seemed like she could never fly right when she actually needed her wings to work. She wobbled and dropped, but persisted ahead until she was close enough to yell. [b]"Cool!"[/b] she yelped as loud as she could into the gray sky ahead, still zooming forwards to try to catch up. The pearlcatcher didn't hear. [b]"Cool!"[/b] Echo called again. This time, Cool stopped and turned around midair, surprised. Echo nearly fell out of the sky in relief. Once she'd steadied herself, she managed to soar over to Cool, out of breath. [b]"Oh, it's you."[/b] Cool said, not looking very interested. [b]"What do you want? And where's your bouncy friend? You know, the one that never shuts up?"[/b] Echo flinched. So he really didn't know. Echo wasn't sure if he'd even care if he did know. She hesitated, trying to find the right words. She might as well try to get him to listen and maybe change his mean ways. [b]"Lena-- Lena..."[/b] she stammered. [b]"Lena what?"[/b] Cool frowned impatiently. [b]"Gone,"[/b] Echo burst out. Cool blinked. [b]"What do you mean, gone? She left? I don't blame her."[/b] Echo looked away, keeping her eyes wide open so she wouldn't cry. [b]"Cliff... he not tell you?"[/b] [b]"Tell me what?"[/b] Cool snapped, though his eyes were wider. Maybe he did care. Echo winced, her voice broken and cracked. [b]"Lena killed,"[/b] she forced out quietly. [b]"Banish kill her. For stealing."[/b] Cool stared at her for a moment, stunned maybe. [b]"But she didn't steal,"[/b] he stuttered, not having a snarky comment for once. He slowly let the horror sink in. [b]"It was me."[/b] [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Echo agreed. [b]"But why in Sornieth would he [i]kill[/i] her?"[/b] Cool asked, still in shock. Echo shrunk back uncertainly. [b]"Cliff say he possessed."[/b] "[i]Possessed?[/i]" Cool wrinkled his nose. [b]"That's... weird."[/b] [b]"Yep,"[/b] Echo said. [b]"Weird."[/b] Cool met Echo's eyes. [b]"I-- I can't believe-- what?"[/b] he shook his head. [b]"You know what? Let's go get some answers,"[/b] he decided. [b]"Come on, Echo."[/b] Echo was surprised that Cool had changed all of a sudden. Since when did he actually include her in things? But she wasn't going to complain. Maybe she could have someone to remember Lena with. Readying herself, Echo followed Cool down to Cliff's stand. She was hoping for answers too. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Ooh maybe we'll start getting an explanation tomorrow :D [/center]
Day 10
Battered Laser Coil
Silly me, I thought the item said Coli at first instead of Coil and got really confused xP
Echo blinked herself awake. The sun was already peeking through the clouds, high in the sky, and Raiya was nowhere to be found.

She stood up, taking in the scene around her. There were many little nest-like areas, most of them empty. The air felt damp and the clouds were gray and gloomy, threatening to pour down rain at any given moment.

A good day for grieving, she supposed.

Hoping to find Raiya soon, Echo flew up into the sky successfully to observe the Clan below her. It was as the ridgeback had said, a big lair decorated with heather at the sides to match the Clan's name. Echo pondered if she was allowed to wander and explore or if she should just leave.

"Hi, Echo!" a sunny voice gently pushed through Echo's sad bubble. "You're up!" Raiya flew up behind Echo.

"I'm up," Echo acknowledged.

"How are you? Do you have any place in mind you want to visit? I have to watch the hatchlings today and I will definitely take any chance of escape I can," Raiya laughed. "I love them, but geez they're a lot of work to keep track of."

Echo thought for a moment. She knew Cool was going to go to Cliff and maybe she would find him there and talk to him. She didn't know if he knew of Lena's death yet. "Marp...ketlace?" Echo answered, her words slightly jumbled. But Raiya got the idea.

"Sure, I'll take you there," Raiya smiled. "It's good you're exploring. You should learn your way around here anyways, and most of the dragons are friendly."

Echo nodded. "That good. Friendly is good."

The two glided to the stretch of grass where the marketplace was located, Echo flying better than she expected to. She tried to memorize all the landmarks so she could find it on her own next time.

"Here we are!" Raiya announced. "I'll leave you here, if that's okay. I'll come find you later after chores so me and my friends can show you our Clan if you're interested?"

"Okay!" Echo clapped her claws together. That sounded fun. She decided that more fun would be good.

"Alright, great. Bye!" Raiya called as she left.

Echo hurried down the length of the long line of tents and stands, looking for the end where Cliff usually set up his hot air balloon.

When she got there, the little Nocturne anxiously glanced around for a sign of Cool's blue scales. But he wasn't at Cliff's shop.

In fact, Cool wasn't anywhere to be found. Echo landed to get a closer look, her wings drooping. Maybe she was too late.

She raised her head to look up at the dismal clouds in disappointment... and there he was! Cool was flying away, it seemed. Maybe he had talked to Cliff already.

Echo desperately lifted into the air. It always seemed like she could never fly right when she actually needed her wings to work. She wobbled and dropped, but persisted ahead until she was close enough to yell. "Cool!" she yelped as loud as she could into the gray sky ahead, still zooming forwards to try to catch up.

The pearlcatcher didn't hear.

"Cool!" Echo called again.

This time, Cool stopped and turned around midair, surprised. Echo nearly fell out of the sky in relief. Once she'd steadied herself, she managed to soar over to Cool, out of breath.

"Oh, it's you." Cool said, not looking very interested. "What do you want? And where's your bouncy friend? You know, the one that never shuts up?"

Echo flinched.

So he really didn't know.

Echo wasn't sure if he'd even care if he did know.

She hesitated, trying to find the right words. She might as well try to get him to listen and maybe change his mean ways. "Lena-- Lena..." she stammered.

"Lena what?" Cool frowned impatiently.

"Gone," Echo burst out.

Cool blinked. "What do you mean, gone? She left? I don't blame her."

Echo looked away, keeping her eyes wide open so she wouldn't cry. "Cliff... he not tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Cool snapped, though his eyes were wider. Maybe he did care.

Echo winced, her voice broken and cracked. "Lena killed," she forced out quietly. "Banish kill her. For stealing."

Cool stared at her for a moment, stunned maybe. "But she didn't steal," he stuttered, not having a snarky comment for once. He slowly let the horror sink in. "It was me."

"Yeah," Echo agreed.

"But why in Sornieth would he kill her?" Cool asked, still in shock.

Echo shrunk back uncertainly. "Cliff say he possessed."

"Possessed?" Cool wrinkled his nose. "That's... weird."

"Yep," Echo said. "Weird."

Cool met Echo's eyes. "I-- I can't believe-- what?" he shook his head. "You know what? Let's go get some answers," he decided. "Come on, Echo."

Echo was surprised that Cool had changed all of a sudden. Since when did he actually include her in things? But she wasn't going to complain. Maybe she could have someone to remember Lena with.

Readying herself, Echo followed Cool down to Cliff's stand.

She was hoping for answers too.
Ooh maybe we'll start getting an explanation tomorrow :D
NZ8D4KR.png
Looking forward to it :D
Looking forward to it :D
2WRv2Ib.jpg

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13