Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Writer's "Free Food" Cafe!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Catkidemma Oof, be ready for a long, long post! I went off on a great number of tangents and included linguistic shenanigans before even getting to the story, oops! P.S. Really looking forward to reading your reply! I'm sure Merida said a whole lot of interesting things, even if Zenza couldn't understand them. :D (I'm basing this on canon lore by the way, read the coatl encyclopedia page if you haven't done that in a while!) P.P.S. Yes, this thing took several hours, so it's definitely going in Zenza's bio. XD It was useful for sorting out some things regarding my clan, and gave me one rather cool idea for another thing, so thank you very much! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46332136] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/463322/46332136_350.png[/img] [/url] Zenza went into the cafe and found herself a seat in the corner, where the sun streamed through the window and glinted off of her bright green eyes. She curled her wings in around herself and sat there, letting her gaze roam over the multitude of visitors, and listening in to all of the different hums of dragons talking to each other. If she concentrated, Zenza could make out the different 'words' and understand what they were saying. However, sometimes she enjoyed just letting the humming wash over her, like birdsong, without focusing on the meaning behind it. In the general hum of conversation, a voice stood out to Zenza. It was the unmistakably melodic voice of another coatl, managing much more fluent draconic tongue than Zenza had ever achieved. Obviously the result of some serious study and practice. Zenza chirped a greeting in coatl, and the other dragon replied in turn, before switching to draconic again and continuing his dialogue with one of the baristas. Her own draconic was rudimentary - sufficiently fluent to get her point across, not fluent enough to be poetic about it, nor was her pronunciation particularly good. Zenza spent most of her time around other coatls, and enjoying using coatl tongue a lot more than draconic, so she didn't have much practice. She didn't mind though; if she needed to tell another dragon something, she could, and if she wanted to have a long conversation there were many coatl friends with whom it was always a pleasure to chat. This morning though, Zenza was feeling oddly philosophical, and had for some reason decided to visit a neighbouring flight, find a cafe, stay a while and see whom she ended up meeting. The first nice-looking (and nice-sounding) cafe she came across, Zenza went into. Paying for food with a story seemed like an interesting concept, so she decided she would try it out. There didn't seem to be any baristas free at the moment, but Zenza was in no hurry. Just sitting here in the company of other happy dragons put her in a good mood- Zenza had always been unusually (for a coatl) sensitive to the mood surrounding her, which wasn't a hindrance in the forest, but could occasionally cause problems in densely populated areas without trees or running water to calm her down. It seemed that she would have no such problems here though - the atmosphere was friendly. One of the customers, finished their meal, said their thanks, and left. This meant that now there was a barista available. A fae. Zenza uncurled her tail and titled her head to one side, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. Faes had always intrigued her a little - so small and insect-like, yet so dragon-ish and often incredibly powerful magic users. And all the more mysterious through being completely impossible to understand. Zenza knew of a very small hand-full of coatls who had successfully mastered the art of understand of understanding faes. But with no tonal variations, having to rely purely on the lengths of and intervals between hums, it was a rather difficult mind puzzle. As one of them put it, 'in non-coatl terms, it's like deciphering speech without any vowels'. Although another insisted that 'without any consonants' was a more accurate comparison. 'And even then, there are far more different tones to guess at than there are consonants available.' This particular fae approached Zenza, fluttering her wings, and perched on a nearby chair. Even before she'd landed, she began making a series of energetic movements with her head crests, and humming something in monotone. [i]Hum... hum-hum-hum, hum... hum... hum-hum...[/i] Zenza waited for a lull in the humming before speaking. "Hello, my name is Zenza. I'd like a fruity drink of some kind - anything you have, really, although I'm rather partial to pineapple. I'll tell a story, and afterwards I'd like some seafood, if you have any... I know that faes don't eat fish, and nor do skydancers, pearlcatchers or nocturnes, but I'm certain I can smell octopus from somewhere over there." Zenza gestured towards the opposite corner, where a young guardian was talking about something with a red-and-green nocturne. The fae hummed some more and then fluttered away, only to return shortly with a tall glass containing an amber-coloured liquid. Dipping her tongue into it, Zenza caught the taste of pineapple, cherry, kiwi and probably nectarine. A few ice cubes kept the drink cool, and Zenza picked it up with one of her front paws and took a sip. "Thank you." she smiled. "This is very nice." The fae hummed something in response again. Then she fluttered over onto Zenza's shoulder and [i]Hum-hum, hum, hum-hum-hum-hum-hum... hum-hum-hum...[/i] a rapid stream of hums. Several questions, by the look of it. However incomprehensible fae speech itself was, after interacting with the faes that lived in her clan, there were a couple of crest positions that she recognised, and among them was a 'please answer' position. "I'm sorry," said Zenza, "I can't understand you. I can speak draconic, but I can't understand it when faes speak it." The fae hummed a few more questions, crest and fins shifting into a position of acute puzzlement. "You're asking about me speaking to you earlier? Touch your left wing with your paw if you are." The fae hummed again, the expression of acute puzzlement remained, but she hesitantly touched her paw to her wing. "Well, that's simple. No, I didn't understand what you were saying. But I [i]can[/i] understand a little when non-fae dragons speak, so I gathered the gist of your typical greeting, and responded in turn." "Sorry, perhaps I should have said I couldn't understand you earlier." Zenza continued, when the fae replied with a lot more humming and and crest movements, at an even greater frequency than before. [i]Hum-hum, hum, hum...[/i] the fae made a hand gesture towards the nocturne, who of all the other baristas was sitting the closest to them, and made as if to fly in that direction. "No, please don't." Zenza asked. "Please don't leave. I may not understand you, but you can understand me. Besides, I wouldn't want to interrupt those two, they seem to be rather enjoying their conversation. Surely I could tell my story to you?" The fae hesitated, then hummed a few words as though to herself, and touched her left wing with her paw again. "Is that a yes?" Touch. "Thank you." Zenza responded, taking another sip of the fruit drink. "You seem nice." she added. [i]Hum... hum-hum...[/i] "Anyway, this story, it's not really my story, it's more... a story about the clan I joined." Zenza began. "At its heart, it is a Wind clan. It started with Kerys and Sneaky... from what Labyrinth told me, Kerys's original aim was to make lots of kites, pinwheels, wind chimes and similar things for the winds of the Windswept Plateau to play with - Kerys really likes hearing the wind sound happy - and the lairs built around it all were just a sort of by-product of other dragons liking the idea and wanting to live nearby. Labyrinth was one of the first to join the clan, so he has experienced most of its history first-hand." Zenza took another drink, then caught one of the little pineapple cubes and chewed it thoughtfully, while the fae started her pleasant, monotone humming again. "The interesting thing is," Zenza continued, "some dragons joined the clan for a short while and then traveled elsewhere, but kept in contact via letters, came to visit occasionally, received visitors themselves... kind of like an extended family, but an extended clan. And then other dragons met those dragons, and those dragons introduced them to the clan. In this way, the number of dragons who are part of our clan grew... there's probably a few travelers in each of the flights by now, I should think. Not surprising really, considering the Windy penchant for traveling. The majority of 'permanent' living spaces are in the Windsinger's domain though. That and on the boundary of the Shadowbinder's and the Gladekeeper's domain. It started with Faheel and Emma, who sought shelter on the Windswept Plateau for a time, before moving on to the Viridian Labyrinth which called to their hearts. It is believed that only guardians have Charges, but it is my opinion that those two tundras felt the call of those forests in the same way that a guardian hears the call of their Charge. They certainly protect it as diligently as any guardian." Here Zenza paused to drink some more, since her throat began to feel a little dry from all the talking - draconic tongue talking, no less. "Many dragons joined Faheel and Emma in the Viridian Labyrinth, and a number of them had friends in the Tangled Wood. So it happened that now a large subgroup of our clan lives on or around that boundary. I also live there now, on the Nature side - Shadow is interesting for a visit, but I prefer to have broad green leaves above my head and surrounding my home. Interestingly enough though," she added, "I notice that the fir trees here in light are very similar to the fir trees in shadow! They even sound similar. Have you ever looked at the boundary between Light and Shadow?" she asked. "It's all most interesting. I'm thinking of one day visiting the other flights as well, just to see what kinds of trees grow there. I've rarely gone far from the Gladekeeper's domain, you know. Only visited Wind once, and Nature's neighboring flights a couple of times, and of course the Tangled Wood a couple more times over that. Since Cornsnake invited me to join the clan, I've gotten to know a lot of the other clan members, including those who live in the Tangled Wood. Cornsnake is a coatl too, by the way, and has also been with the clan nearly from the start. She's got a very pale coat, but she's quite healthy, not ill at all! She was born with her colours, and some coatls are scared of her because of that. It's one of the reasons she moved to our clan - she didn't want to cause other dragons to be scared, and our clan was somewhat known for taking in anybody in need of a home. She was one of the first coatls in the clan, I think, so she didn't feel like she was intruding on an established coatl home. All the coatls who came afterwards knew about a pale coatl living there, and could join one of the other wind clans instead if it bothered them. Cornsnake lives in Wind, by the way, she was only visiting Nature when I met her." Zenza takes another large sip of the fruit drink, and fishes out a few more pieces of fruit with her tongue. "It's a nice clan." she finishes off. "Nobody is swamped with unwanted attention - those who want to keep themselves to themselves are free to do so. But if anybody really needs help, the whole clan is ready to assist." Zenza downs the remaining fruit drink and places the the glass back on the table and gives a small coatlish whistle. "Thank you for listening to me, it's been a long time since I spoke so much draconic in one conversation. Well, that's the story of our clan. I hope I was at least a little entertaining." Zenza raised and lowed her crest, then stretched her wings. "Could you wrap the fish up for me?" she asked. "I'd like to share it with my coatl friends at home, if that is possible. Oh, and... Merida, was it? I'm pretty sure I heard one of the others call you 'Merida', but if not, then I apologise. This may sound odd, but I'd like to give you a present. I really like making and giving presents and, well, you listened to my story, and I quite like this place..." "Here." Zenza says. "The flowers are enchanted so that they do not wilt, and I think it will suit your colours very well. Thank you for a lovely morning." [item=Black Tulip Tail Lei][/center]
@Catkidemma Oof, be ready for a long, long post! I went off on a great number of tangents and included linguistic shenanigans before even getting to the story, oops!
P.S. Really looking forward to reading your reply! I'm sure Merida said a whole lot of interesting things, even if Zenza couldn't understand them. :D (I'm basing this on canon lore by the way, read the coatl encyclopedia page if you haven't done that in a while!)
P.P.S. Yes, this thing took several hours, so it's definitely going in Zenza's bio. XD It was useful for sorting out some things regarding my clan, and gave me one rather cool idea for another thing, so thank you very much!

46332136_350.png

Zenza went into the cafe and found herself a seat in the corner, where the sun streamed through the window and glinted off of her bright green eyes. She curled her wings in around herself and sat there, letting her gaze roam over the multitude of visitors, and listening in to all of the different hums of dragons talking to each other. If she concentrated, Zenza could make out the different 'words' and understand what they were saying. However, sometimes she enjoyed just letting the humming wash over her, like birdsong, without focusing on the meaning behind it.

In the general hum of conversation, a voice stood out to Zenza. It was the unmistakably melodic voice of another coatl, managing much more fluent draconic tongue than Zenza had ever achieved. Obviously the result of some serious study and practice. Zenza chirped a greeting in coatl, and the other dragon replied in turn, before switching to draconic again and continuing his dialogue with one of the baristas. Her own draconic was rudimentary - sufficiently fluent to get her point across, not fluent enough to be poetic about it, nor was her pronunciation particularly good. Zenza spent most of her time around other coatls, and enjoying using coatl tongue a lot more than draconic, so she didn't have much practice. She didn't mind though; if she needed to tell another dragon something, she could, and if she wanted to have a long conversation there were many coatl friends with whom it was always a pleasure to chat.

This morning though, Zenza was feeling oddly philosophical, and had for some reason decided to visit a neighbouring flight, find a cafe, stay a while and see whom she ended up meeting. The first nice-looking (and nice-sounding) cafe she came across, Zenza went into. Paying for food with a story seemed like an interesting concept, so she decided she would try it out. There didn't seem to be any baristas free at the moment, but Zenza was in no hurry. Just sitting here in the company of other happy dragons put her in a good mood- Zenza had always been unusually (for a coatl) sensitive to the mood surrounding her, which wasn't a hindrance in the forest, but could occasionally cause problems in densely populated areas without trees or running water to calm her down. It seemed that she would have no such problems here though - the atmosphere was friendly.

One of the customers, finished their meal, said their thanks, and left. This meant that now there was a barista available. A fae. Zenza uncurled her tail and titled her head to one side, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. Faes had always intrigued her a little - so small and insect-like, yet so dragon-ish and often incredibly powerful magic users. And all the more mysterious through being completely impossible to understand. Zenza knew of a very small hand-full of coatls who had successfully mastered the art of understand of understanding faes. But with no tonal variations, having to rely purely on the lengths of and intervals between hums, it was a rather difficult mind puzzle. As one of them put it, 'in non-coatl terms, it's like deciphering speech without any vowels'. Although another insisted that 'without any consonants' was a more accurate comparison. 'And even then, there are far more different tones to guess at than there are consonants available.'

This particular fae approached Zenza, fluttering her wings, and perched on a nearby chair. Even before she'd landed, she began making a series of energetic movements with her head crests, and humming something in monotone. Hum... hum-hum-hum, hum... hum... hum-hum... Zenza waited for a lull in the humming before speaking. "Hello, my name is Zenza. I'd like a fruity drink of some kind - anything you have, really, although I'm rather partial to pineapple. I'll tell a story, and afterwards I'd like some seafood, if you have any... I know that faes don't eat fish, and nor do skydancers, pearlcatchers or nocturnes, but I'm certain I can smell octopus from somewhere over there." Zenza gestured towards the opposite corner, where a young guardian was talking about something with a red-and-green nocturne. The fae hummed some more and then fluttered away, only to return shortly with a tall glass containing an amber-coloured liquid. Dipping her tongue into it, Zenza caught the taste of pineapple, cherry, kiwi and probably nectarine. A few ice cubes kept the drink cool, and Zenza picked it up with one of her front paws and took a sip.

"Thank you." she smiled. "This is very nice." The fae hummed something in response again. Then she fluttered over onto Zenza's shoulder and Hum-hum, hum, hum-hum-hum-hum-hum... hum-hum-hum... a rapid stream of hums. Several questions, by the look of it. However incomprehensible fae speech itself was, after interacting with the faes that lived in her clan, there were a couple of crest positions that she recognised, and among them was a 'please answer' position. "I'm sorry," said Zenza, "I can't understand you. I can speak draconic, but I can't understand it when faes speak it."

The fae hummed a few more questions, crest and fins shifting into a position of acute puzzlement. "You're asking about me speaking to you earlier? Touch your left wing with your paw if you are." The fae hummed again, the expression of acute puzzlement remained, but she hesitantly touched her paw to her wing. "Well, that's simple. No, I didn't understand what you were saying. But I can understand a little when non-fae dragons speak, so I gathered the gist of your typical greeting, and responded in turn."

"Sorry, perhaps I should have said I couldn't understand you earlier." Zenza continued, when the fae replied with a lot more humming and and crest movements, at an even greater frequency than before.

Hum-hum, hum, hum... the fae made a hand gesture towards the nocturne, who of all the other baristas was sitting the closest to them, and made as if to fly in that direction.

"No, please don't." Zenza asked. "Please don't leave. I may not understand you, but you can understand me. Besides, I wouldn't want to interrupt those two, they seem to be rather enjoying their conversation. Surely I could tell my story to you?"

The fae hesitated, then hummed a few words as though to herself, and touched her left wing with her paw again. "Is that a yes?" Touch. "Thank you." Zenza responded, taking another sip of the fruit drink. "You seem nice." she added. Hum... hum-hum... "Anyway, this story, it's not really my story, it's more... a story about the clan I joined." Zenza began.

"At its heart, it is a Wind clan. It started with Kerys and Sneaky... from what Labyrinth told me, Kerys's original aim was to make lots of kites, pinwheels, wind chimes and similar things for the winds of the Windswept Plateau to play with - Kerys really likes hearing the wind sound happy - and the lairs built around it all were just a sort of by-product of other dragons liking the idea and wanting to live nearby. Labyrinth was one of the first to join the clan, so he has experienced most of its history first-hand." Zenza took another drink, then caught one of the little pineapple cubes and chewed it thoughtfully, while the fae started her pleasant, monotone humming again.

"The interesting thing is," Zenza continued, "some dragons joined the clan for a short while and then traveled elsewhere, but kept in contact via letters, came to visit occasionally, received visitors themselves... kind of like an extended family, but an extended clan. And then other dragons met those dragons, and those dragons introduced them to the clan. In this way, the number of dragons who are part of our clan grew... there's probably a few travelers in each of the flights by now, I should think. Not surprising really, considering the Windy penchant for traveling. The majority of 'permanent' living spaces are in the Windsinger's domain though. That and on the boundary of the Shadowbinder's and the Gladekeeper's domain. It started with Faheel and Emma, who sought shelter on the Windswept Plateau for a time, before moving on to the Viridian Labyrinth which called to their hearts. It is believed that only guardians have Charges, but it is my opinion that those two tundras felt the call of those forests in the same way that a guardian hears the call of their Charge. They certainly protect it as diligently as any guardian." Here Zenza paused to drink some more, since her throat began to feel a little dry from all the talking - draconic tongue talking, no less.

"Many dragons joined Faheel and Emma in the Viridian Labyrinth, and a number of them had friends in the Tangled Wood. So it happened that now a large subgroup of our clan lives on or around that boundary. I also live there now, on the Nature side - Shadow is interesting for a visit, but I prefer to have broad green leaves above my head and surrounding my home. Interestingly enough though," she added, "I notice that the fir trees here in light are very similar to the fir trees in shadow! They even sound similar. Have you ever looked at the boundary between Light and Shadow?" she asked. "It's all most interesting. I'm thinking of one day visiting the other flights as well, just to see what kinds of trees grow there. I've rarely gone far from the Gladekeeper's domain, you know. Only visited Wind once, and Nature's neighboring flights a couple of times, and of course the Tangled Wood a couple more times over that. Since Cornsnake invited me to join the clan, I've gotten to know a lot of the other clan members, including those who live in the Tangled Wood. Cornsnake is a coatl too, by the way, and has also been with the clan nearly from the start. She's got a very pale coat, but she's quite healthy, not ill at all! She was born with her colours, and some coatls are scared of her because of that. It's one of the reasons she moved to our clan - she didn't want to cause other dragons to be scared, and our clan was somewhat known for taking in anybody in need of a home. She was one of the first coatls in the clan, I think, so she didn't feel like she was intruding on an established coatl home. All the coatls who came afterwards knew about a pale coatl living there, and could join one of the other wind clans instead if it bothered them. Cornsnake lives in Wind, by the way, she was only visiting Nature when I met her." Zenza takes another large sip of the fruit drink, and fishes out a few more pieces of fruit with her tongue. "It's a nice clan." she finishes off. "Nobody is swamped with unwanted attention - those who want to keep themselves to themselves are free to do so. But if anybody really needs help, the whole clan is ready to assist."

Zenza downs the remaining fruit drink and places the the glass back on the table and gives a small coatlish whistle. "Thank you for listening to me, it's been a long time since I spoke so much draconic in one conversation. Well, that's the story of our clan. I hope I was at least a little entertaining." Zenza raised and lowed her crest, then stretched her wings. "Could you wrap the fish up for me?" she asked. "I'd like to share it with my coatl friends at home, if that is possible. Oh, and... Merida, was it? I'm pretty sure I heard one of the others call you 'Merida', but if not, then I apologise. This may sound odd, but I'd like to give you a present. I really like making and giving presents and, well, you listened to my story, and I quite like this place..."

"Here." Zenza says. "The flowers are enchanted so that they do not wilt, and I think it will suit your colours very well. Thank you for a lovely morning."

Black Tulip Tail Lei
Bat_on_a_string_sig_size.pngoIKb3Tj.png5hHSdlu.gif
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=24&breed=1&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=124&tertgene=0&winggene=20&wings=150&auth=01071eac08a24681ae8740a9ff44eb21e543d37a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Merida happily floated over to the coatl, before comfortably resting down on the nearest chair. With a gleam of excitement and curiosity in her eyes, Merida chirped, "Good morning! You look like you have some amazing stories to tell, dontcha? Want a drink? Food? Oh, right. What's your name?" Merida noticed a slight pause before Zenza responded, but thought nothing of it. [b]"Hello, my name is Zenza. I'd like a fruity drink of some kind - anything you have, really, although I'm rather partial to pineapple. I'll tell a story, and afterwards I'd like some seafood, if you have any... I know that faes don't eat fish, and nor do skydancers, pearlcatchers or nocturnes, but I'm certain I can smell octopus from somewhere over there."[/b] Merida lit up. "Ooh, our fruit medleys! Those are my favorite to make, since you have to get the consistency right, or else it'll be kinda funky-tasting! If someone requests to add in banana, it always takes over the other flavors, trust me. It's annoying but it's also a fun challenge! I like challenges." She happily smiled at the Coatl and, without waiting for any verbal response, darted into the kitchen. She flew past Thunderfly, who made sure to hold on extra tight to her current project. "Great to see you're in good spirits," Thunderfly laughed, before continuing to work- seemingly, she was putting icing on the cake. Merida smiled in response, before shooting into the next room, shoving a bunch of random fruit into the blender and hoping for the best. Before aggressively smashing the button, she remembered her pineapple request, and added a few in. After the concoction had fully mixed, it looked terrible. "Did you add orange juice? Better consistency." Thunderfly was right as always. Completely unfazed by the mistake, she laughed and tried again. The second try was much better. Taking a tiny sample, she nodded. "Perfect." Immediately, she poured half of it into a nice, tall glass, and darted out of the kitchen. Merida sat it down carefully on the table, and happily met Zenza's eyes. She watched Zenza take a sip of the drink like an excited puppy, only slightly attempting to disguise her proud look. [b]"Thank you. This is very nice."[/b] Merida clapped happily. "I'm glad! So, you probably didn't plan on spending any money here, as this IS a writing cafe. Got a good story for me? I'm sure you do, you look very wise and sage-like! Where have you travelled from? The wispy willowing winds of the Windswept plateau? I ask due to your eyes, ahuhu!~" Zenza looked overwhelmed, and paused. [b]"I'm sorry. I can't understand you. I can speak draconic, but I can't understand it when faes speak it."[/b] Merida frowned, genuinely confused. She had never met someone who couldn't understand her- at least, not in the cafe. "Oh.. hmm.. So, you can't understand me at all? Are you just winging it? Like, how did you know what I was saying?" [b]"You're asking about me speaking to you earlier? Touch your left wing with your paw if you are."[/b] Merida paused. "Which one's my left wing again? I think it's this one." She glances at her wing for a moment before realizing how stupid she's being. In her head, she does the L's with her claws and slowly raises her paw to her wing. [b]"Well, that's simple. No, I didn't understand what you were saying. But I [i]can[/i] understand a little when non-fae dragons speak, so I gathered the gist of your typical greeting, and responded in turn. Sorry, perhaps I should have said I couldn't understand you earlier."[/b] [i]Oh.. this is embarrassing..[/i] "W-why don't I get Holly? You can understand her much more easily." She drooped her head and gestured to the nocturne on the other side of the cafe. [b]"No, please don't. Please don't leave. I may not understand you, but you can understand me. Besides, I wouldn't want to interrupt those two, they seem to be rather enjoying their conversation. Surely I could tell my story to you?"[/b] Merida hesitated. "Hmm.. I suppose, I just wish I could get more of my 'fanatical' questions. Thunderfly's words, not mine." Merida put her paw to her wing. [b]"Is that a yes? Thank you. You seem nice."[/b] Merida smiled a silly smile. "Thanks~" [b]"Anyway, this story, it's not really my story, it's more... a story about the clan I joined."[/b] As Merida listened to her story, she thought about the parallels she could find between Zenza's home and her own. She had been a traveller for so long, always trying to improve and such. But, she found she's much, much happier being settled. Now that they were in the viridian labyrinth, Merida wondered if they felt the same as she did once their living style became more consistent. [b]"It's a nice clan. Nobody is swamped with unwanted attention - those who want to keep themselves to themselves are free to do so. But if anybody really needs help, the whole clan is ready to assist."[/b] Merida found herself smiling somewhat dreamily. She could find herself living happily there, even if she was just as happy here- In the Cafe. [b]Thank you for listening to me, it's been a long time since I spoke so much draconic in one conversation. Well, that's the story of our clan. I hope I was at least a little entertaining."[/b] Merida nodded happily. "I like putting myself in the shoes of the storytellers. Yours seemed so cozy, so.. real! Rather than some of the horror stories we've been getting lately, though those are also quite interesting!" Merida was about to ask some more questions of her before remembering she couldn't understand her, so she just smiled instead. Universal language! [b]"Could you wrap the fish up for me? I'd like to share it with my coatl friends at home, if that is possible. Oh, and... Merida, was it? I'm pretty sure I heard one of the others call you 'Merida', but if not, then I apologize. This may sound odd, but I'd like to give you a present. I really like making and giving presents and, well, you listened to my story, and I quite like this place..."[/b] Merida tilted her head to one side, before Zenza set the bouquet of flowers on the table. [b]"Here. The flowers are enchanted so that they do not wilt, and I think it will suit your colours very well. Thank you for a lovely morning."[/b] As Zenza left, Merida eyed the flowers with intrigue. As she held them up in her paws, she blushed a little, overjoyed for the surprise. It was like a tip.. but better! "...Maybe someday I'll learn to speak her language. Then I can tell her some stories of my own!" ------------------------ @MessengerDragon Aaaah! So many words! I love lots of words, but I was busy today so this was pretty daunting, but then my own determination was like "EMMA, YA GOTTA FINISH IT IN THE SAME DAY OR ELSE THEY'LL THINK YOU ARENT GONNA RESPOND FOR A WHILE!" Then I had to leave and couldn't finish anyway. Good effort on my part XD Honestly this was super well written and Zenza was so hecking cute with her linguistic challenges, mannerisms and overall demeanor XD
dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=24&breed=1&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=124&tertgene=0&winggene=20&wings=150&auth=01071eac08a24681ae8740a9ff44eb21e543d37a&dummyext=prev.png

Merida happily floated over to the coatl, before comfortably resting down on the nearest chair. With a gleam of excitement and curiosity in her eyes, Merida chirped,

"Good morning! You look like you have some amazing stories to tell, dontcha? Want a drink? Food? Oh, right. What's your name?" Merida noticed a slight pause before Zenza responded, but thought nothing of it.

"Hello, my name is Zenza. I'd like a fruity drink of some kind - anything you have, really, although I'm rather partial to pineapple. I'll tell a story, and afterwards I'd like some seafood, if you have any... I know that faes don't eat fish, and nor do skydancers, pearlcatchers or nocturnes, but I'm certain I can smell octopus from somewhere over there." Merida lit up.

"Ooh, our fruit medleys! Those are my favorite to make, since you have to get the consistency right, or else it'll be kinda funky-tasting! If someone requests to add in banana, it always takes over the other flavors, trust me. It's annoying but it's also a fun challenge! I like challenges." She happily smiled at the Coatl and, without waiting for any verbal response, darted into the kitchen. She flew past Thunderfly, who made sure to hold on extra tight to her current project.

"Great to see you're in good spirits," Thunderfly laughed, before continuing to work- seemingly, she was putting icing on the cake. Merida smiled in response, before shooting into the next room, shoving a bunch of random fruit into the blender and hoping for the best. Before aggressively smashing the button, she remembered her pineapple request, and added a few in. After the concoction had fully mixed, it looked terrible.

"Did you add orange juice? Better consistency." Thunderfly was right as always. Completely unfazed by the mistake, she laughed and tried again. The second try was much better. Taking a tiny sample, she nodded.

"Perfect." Immediately, she poured half of it into a nice, tall glass, and darted out of the kitchen. Merida sat it down carefully on the table, and happily met Zenza's eyes. She watched Zenza take a sip of the drink like an excited puppy, only slightly attempting to disguise her proud look.

"Thank you. This is very nice." Merida clapped happily.

"I'm glad! So, you probably didn't plan on spending any money here, as this IS a writing cafe. Got a good story for me? I'm sure you do, you look very wise and sage-like! Where have you travelled from? The wispy willowing winds of the Windswept plateau? I ask due to your eyes, ahuhu!~" Zenza looked overwhelmed, and paused.

"I'm sorry. I can't understand you. I can speak draconic, but I can't understand it when faes speak it." Merida frowned, genuinely confused. She had never met someone who couldn't understand her- at least, not in the cafe.

"Oh.. hmm.. So, you can't understand me at all? Are you just winging it? Like, how did you know what I was saying?"

"You're asking about me speaking to you earlier? Touch your left wing with your paw if you are." Merida paused.

"Which one's my left wing again? I think it's this one." She glances at her wing for a moment before realizing how stupid she's being. In her head, she does the L's with her claws and slowly raises her paw to her wing.

"Well, that's simple. No, I didn't understand what you were saying. But I can understand a little when non-fae dragons speak, so I gathered the gist of your typical greeting, and responded in turn. Sorry, perhaps I should have said I couldn't understand you earlier." Oh.. this is embarrassing..

"W-why don't I get Holly? You can understand her much more easily." She drooped her head and gestured to the nocturne on the other side of the cafe.

"No, please don't. Please don't leave. I may not understand you, but you can understand me. Besides, I wouldn't want to interrupt those two, they seem to be rather enjoying their conversation. Surely I could tell my story to you?" Merida hesitated.

"Hmm.. I suppose, I just wish I could get more of my 'fanatical' questions. Thunderfly's words, not mine." Merida put her paw to her wing.

"Is that a yes? Thank you. You seem nice." Merida smiled a silly smile.

"Thanks~"

"Anyway, this story, it's not really my story, it's more... a story about the clan I joined." As Merida listened to her story, she thought about the parallels she could find between Zenza's home and her own. She had been a traveller for so long, always trying to improve and such. But, she found she's much, much happier being settled. Now that they were in the viridian labyrinth, Merida wondered if they felt the same as she did once their living style became more consistent.

"It's a nice clan. Nobody is swamped with unwanted attention - those who want to keep themselves to themselves are free to do so. But if anybody really needs help, the whole clan is ready to assist." Merida found herself smiling somewhat dreamily. She could find herself living happily there, even if she was just as happy here- In the Cafe.

Thank you for listening to me, it's been a long time since I spoke so much draconic in one conversation. Well, that's the story of our clan. I hope I was at least a little entertaining." Merida nodded happily.

"I like putting myself in the shoes of the storytellers. Yours seemed so cozy, so.. real! Rather than some of the horror stories we've been getting lately, though those are also quite interesting!" Merida was about to ask some more questions of her before remembering she couldn't understand her, so she just smiled instead. Universal language!

"Could you wrap the fish up for me? I'd like to share it with my coatl friends at home, if that is possible. Oh, and... Merida, was it? I'm pretty sure I heard one of the others call you 'Merida', but if not, then I apologize. This may sound odd, but I'd like to give you a present. I really like making and giving presents and, well, you listened to my story, and I quite like this place..." Merida tilted her head to one side, before Zenza set the bouquet of flowers on the table.

"Here. The flowers are enchanted so that they do not wilt, and I think it will suit your colours very well. Thank you for a lovely morning." As Zenza left, Merida eyed the flowers with intrigue. As she held them up in her paws, she blushed a little, overjoyed for the surprise. It was like a tip.. but better!

"...Maybe someday I'll learn to speak her language. Then I can tell her some stories of my own!"

@MessengerDragon Aaaah! So many words! I love lots of words, but I was busy today so this was pretty daunting, but then my own determination was like "EMMA, YA GOTTA FINISH IT IN THE SAME DAY OR ELSE THEY'LL THINK YOU ARENT GONNA RESPOND FOR A WHILE!" Then I had to leave and couldn't finish anyway. Good effort on my part XD

Honestly this was super well written and Zenza was so hecking cute with her linguistic challenges, mannerisms and overall demeanor XD
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
@Catkidemma Thank you very much! Yes, many many words. :D No worries about not finishing on the same day, I may have been a bit impatient but I do understand that things take time to write, so now it's here I'm just happy that it's here... Your reply is really well written too, and I enjoyed reading it a lot! Merida is really cute as well, I especially liked the bit with the fruit medley. :D She sounds so happy and excited! And aw, she's wearing the gifted flowers, so cute!
@Catkidemma Thank you very much! Yes, many many words. :D No worries about not finishing on the same day, I may have been a bit impatient but I do understand that things take time to write, so now it's here I'm just happy that it's here... Your reply is really well written too, and I enjoyed reading it a lot! Merida is really cute as well, I especially liked the bit with the fruit medley. :D She sounds so happy and excited! And aw, she's wearing the gifted flowers, so cute!
@Catkidemma Would it be alright if I put your response into Zenza's biography as well? I really like how it completes the picture, filling in the gaps in the conversation. :) I'd give you credit for it of course! A little note at the top saying 'Written by Catkidemma' at the top, or something along those lines. Would that be okay by you?

(Also have a little bump! :D)
@Catkidemma Would it be alright if I put your response into Zenza's biography as well? I really like how it completes the picture, filling in the gaps in the conversation. :) I'd give you credit for it of course! A little note at the top saying 'Written by Catkidemma' at the top, or something along those lines. Would that be okay by you?

(Also have a little bump! :D)
@MessengerDragon Thanks for the bump! ;D And sure! As long as you credit me, I'm 100% happy with it :3
@MessengerDragon Thanks for the bump! ;D And sure! As long as you credit me, I'm 100% happy with it :3
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
@Catkidemma Thank you! :)
@Catkidemma Thank you! :)
@Catkidemma [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48631055] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/486311/48631055_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A beam of light shone upon the ground, casting everything in its path in a soft golden glow. From within the beam appeared a figure. The figure grew in in size and became more and more solid, the light dimming as it did so. It was a glowing Wildclaw. He was cloaked in soft silvers and whites, wings casting prisms of light upon the ground. Flower petals rained down from his every footstep and a dove hovered around his head, cooing softly. The God of Light looked upon the little building, tilting his head slightly, “What a quaint little café,” he said softly. “Erebus would love it here.” He approached the building and pushed open the door. The inside of the café was light and airy. Open windows let a warm breeze in. Small oaken tables were scattered around the little room, some taken by seated dragons sipping tea and coffee and enjoying small deserts. Across the room, behind the counter hovered a Fae, jeweles wings glimmering multiple shades of purple in the sunlight “Welcome!” she said in an airy voice as the Wildclaw stepped further inside. “To the Storyteller’s Café! We have food and drink, and,” here she lowered her voice, “if you give me a story I will give you free food.” The dragon stepped up to the counter. “A story, huh?” he mused. “I’ve got plenty of those.” He thought for a moment, and then gestured to himself with one clawed hand. “I am Hyperion,” he said gently. “And I would like to tell you the story of how I met my husband.” ----- When I was much younger, I left my home in the Sunbeam Ruins to travel the world and see what I could discover. You see, as a hatchling I was blessed by the Lightweaver herself, and in my adolescence was given the task to spread her light and study the histories of the people of the other realms. I was travelling through the Tangled Wood. The brambles seemed to stretch on forever, gnarled branches twisting gruesome shapes into the sky. I had gotten lost, somehow stumbling into the darkest place in all the realm, and my own light could not extend more than a mere handful of feet in front of me. I was deeply afraid, for dangerous beings live beneath the brambles – and that is not even to mention the dragons who reside there. I was feeling my way around, attempting to find my way out, when I heard a voice. “You do not belong here.” It was coming from behind me. I whirled around, only to come face-to-face with the most dangerous looking dragon I had ever seen in my life. Cobwebs hung from powerful wings. The body was draped in a shroud that blended in with the gloom around him. Eerie candles floated around him, seemingly under their own power. I must admit, I was terrified. And then he spoke again. “You are very far from home, Lightbringer. Why are you here?” I startled, not expecting the other dragon to speak to me again. It took a few tries, but eventually I found my own voice. “I-I seem to have gotten lost,” I stammered. “I was just traveling through Wispwillow Grove, only I took a wrong turn and…” I trailed off at his impassive stare. It was then that I notice that the other dragon was blindfolded. There was no way he could see me. So how did he know to call me Lightbringer? He said nothing for a moment, and then turned. “Come,” he said, voice drifting eerily through the gloom. “You will not last long on your own. There are plenty who would wish harm on one such as yourself.” I must admit, I was very confused. Was he really offering to show me the way out? Or was this all a trick? That had, after all, been how I had gotten myself lost in the first place; a prank from a very cruel Spiral dragon. “Come,” he repeated, and began to walk off. Not wanting to lose my only guide, a hurried to catch up with him. We walked side-by-side for a while, weaving in and out of the thick knots in a pattern I could not discern. He never bumped into anything, walking with a surefootedness that I envied. How did he not run into his surroundings, with his blindfold? How was he so sure of where we were going, so sure that he would get us out of here? How was I sure that he was not just leading me farther and farther into the gloom, into the jaws of danger? That he was not leading me to my death? Silence reigned, impenetrable as the darkness. Unnerved by the lack of noise, I attempted to start a conversation. “My name is Hyperion,” I offered, glancing over at the dragon. He didn’t make any acknowledgement of my voice, merely continued at the same pace. “I am from the Sunbeam Ruins, from Radiant Eye. I was born under the Lightweaver’s watchful gaze.” I was rambling, I knew. But what else could I do, in the face of this impassive stranger? So I kept talking, telling this dragon about receiving the Lightweaver’s blessing to save my life when I was but a hatchling, about growing up different from the others. I told him about my travels and all the others I had met along the way, both dragon and not. I told him, this complete stranger, who may very well have been planning to kill me, my entire life story, only stopping when I got to my arrival in the Tangled Wood. Silence reigned once more, this time shot through with embarrassment at my rambling. But it didn’t last for long. “Erebus.” I startled, not having expected to hear his voice again after he had been silent for so long. “Wh-what?” “My name.” Erebus. The God of Darkness. How very fitting. How far and how long we walked, I do not know. But eventually the darkness seemed to let up a little, my light travelling farther in front of me. The tangles of the brambles seemed lighter, less dense, as if they too could sense the approaching end of the darkness. Finally, my guide stopped. “We are here,” he said. “Keep walking straight and you’ll reach the end of the Brambles.” I blinked at him. He was leaving me? I must admit, I had grown used to his company, taciturn as it was. But I had been raised to be polite, so I said, “Thank you.” He merely nodded and, turning around, began to walk off. I hesitated only a moment. “Wait!” I called out. He slowly stopped but did not turn around. “Will I see you again?” A long silence. Then the tiniest of nods, so small I almost wasn’t sure of what I was looking at, before Erebus continued his path into the growing darkness. ----- “And that is the first time I met my husband,” Hyperion repeated. “I saw him again, of course, but, well.” He gave a small smile. “I do believe that is a story for another time. ----- Whew, that took forever! I had no lore written for either of these two, so this was written completely off the top of my head. Sorry it was so long, the story kinda got away from me haha. But I really like it; I think I’m going to modify it and keep that as their first meeting. Erebus doesn’t talk much, does he? My silent blind boy. That’s okay, Hyperion talks enough for the both of them, especially when he’s nervous poor guy.
@Catkidemma

A beam of light shone upon the ground, casting everything in its path in a soft golden glow. From within the beam appeared a figure. The figure grew in in size and became more and more solid, the light dimming as it did so.

It was a glowing Wildclaw. He was cloaked in soft silvers and whites, wings casting prisms of light upon the ground. Flower petals rained down from his every footstep and a dove hovered around his head, cooing softly.

The God of Light looked upon the little building, tilting his head slightly, “What a quaint little café,” he said softly. “Erebus would love it here.” He approached the building and pushed open the door.

The inside of the café was light and airy. Open windows let a warm breeze in. Small oaken tables were scattered around the little room, some taken by seated dragons sipping tea and coffee and enjoying small deserts.

Across the room, behind the counter hovered a Fae, jeweles wings glimmering multiple shades of purple in the sunlight

“Welcome!” she said in an airy voice as the Wildclaw stepped further inside. “To the Storyteller’s Café! We have food and drink, and,” here she lowered her voice, “if you give me a story I will give you free food.”

The dragon stepped up to the counter. “A story, huh?” he mused. “I’ve got plenty of those.” He thought for a moment, and then gestured to himself with one clawed hand. “I am Hyperion,” he said gently. “And I would like to tell you the story of how I met my husband.”

When I was much younger, I left my home in the Sunbeam Ruins to travel the world and see what I could discover. You see, as a hatchling I was blessed by the Lightweaver herself, and in my adolescence was given the task to spread her light and study the histories of the people of the other realms.

I was travelling through the Tangled Wood. The brambles seemed to stretch on forever, gnarled branches twisting gruesome shapes into the sky. I had gotten lost, somehow stumbling into the darkest place in all the realm, and my own light could not extend more than a mere handful of feet in front of me. I was deeply afraid, for dangerous beings live beneath the brambles – and that is not even to mention the dragons who reside there.

I was feeling my way around, attempting to find my way out, when I heard a voice.

“You do not belong here.”

It was coming from behind me. I whirled around, only to come face-to-face with the most dangerous looking dragon I had ever seen in my life. Cobwebs hung from powerful wings. The body was draped in a shroud that blended in with the gloom around him. Eerie candles floated around him, seemingly under their own power. I must admit, I was terrified.

And then he spoke again.

“You are very far from home, Lightbringer. Why are you here?”

I startled, not expecting the other dragon to speak to me again. It took a few tries, but eventually I found my own voice.

“I-I seem to have gotten lost,” I stammered. “I was just traveling through Wispwillow Grove, only I took a wrong turn and…”

I trailed off at his impassive stare. It was then that I notice that the other dragon was blindfolded. There was no way he could see me.

So how did he know to call me Lightbringer?

He said nothing for a moment, and then turned. “Come,” he said, voice drifting eerily through the gloom. “You will not last long on your own. There are plenty who would wish harm on one such as yourself.”

I must admit, I was very confused. Was he really offering to show me the way out? Or was this all a trick? That had, after all, been how I had gotten myself lost in the first place; a prank from a very cruel Spiral dragon.

“Come,” he repeated, and began to walk off. Not wanting to lose my only guide, a hurried to catch up with him. We walked side-by-side for a while, weaving in and out of the thick knots in a pattern I could not discern. He never bumped into anything, walking with a surefootedness that I envied. How did he not run into his surroundings, with his blindfold? How was he so sure of where we were going, so sure that he would get us out of here?

How was I sure that he was not just leading me farther and farther into the gloom, into the jaws of danger? That he was not leading me to my death?

Silence reigned, impenetrable as the darkness. Unnerved by the lack of noise, I attempted to start a conversation.

“My name is Hyperion,” I offered, glancing over at the dragon. He didn’t make any acknowledgement of my voice, merely continued at the same pace.

“I am from the Sunbeam Ruins, from Radiant Eye. I was born under the Lightweaver’s watchful gaze.” I was rambling, I knew. But what else could I do, in the face of this impassive stranger?

So I kept talking, telling this dragon about receiving the Lightweaver’s blessing to save my life when I was but a hatchling, about growing up different from the others. I told him about my travels and all the others I had met along the way, both dragon and not. I told him, this complete stranger, who may very well have been planning to kill me, my entire life story, only stopping when I got to my arrival in the Tangled Wood.

Silence reigned once more, this time shot through with embarrassment at my rambling. But it didn’t last for long.

“Erebus.”

I startled, not having expected to hear his voice again after he had been silent for so long. “Wh-what?”

“My name.”

Erebus. The God of Darkness.

How very fitting.

How far and how long we walked, I do not know. But eventually the darkness seemed to let up a little, my light travelling farther in front of me. The tangles of the brambles seemed lighter, less dense, as if they too could sense the approaching end of the darkness.

Finally, my guide stopped. “We are here,” he said. “Keep walking straight and you’ll reach the end of the Brambles.”

I blinked at him. He was leaving me? I must admit, I had grown used to his company, taciturn as it was. But I had been raised to be polite, so I said, “Thank you.”

He merely nodded and, turning around, began to walk off.

I hesitated only a moment.

“Wait!” I called out. He slowly stopped but did not turn around.

“Will I see you again?”

A long silence. Then the tiniest of nods, so small I almost wasn’t sure of what I was looking at, before Erebus continued his path into the growing darkness.

“And that is the first time I met my husband,” Hyperion repeated. “I saw him again, of course, but, well.” He gave a small smile. “I do believe that is a story for another time.

Whew, that took forever! I had no lore written for either of these two, so this was written completely off the top of my head. Sorry it was so long, the story kinda got away from me haha. But I really like it; I think I’m going to modify it and keep that as their first meeting. Erebus doesn’t talk much, does he? My silent blind boy. That’s okay, Hyperion talks enough for the both of them, especially when he’s nervous poor guy.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Catkidemma [size=2]sorry, I think I might have misspelled your name >.<[/size] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12413969] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/124140/12413969_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Maybe it was a coincidence. It probably was. All Kryles was sure about when he approached the old Café and opened the doors, he had finally arrived. The inside was light and filled with a lovely smell of tea, hot chocolate and sweet confect. The traveler couldn’t wait to sit down and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere as well. His familiar Cole already made his way inside and waited impatiently at the counter for Kryles to join him. [b]“Welcome to the Storyteller’s Café!”[/b] The dragon behind the counter friendly said. [b]“We have food and drinks. If you can offer us a story, we would love to invite you to some mouth-watering dishes!”[/b] Kryles smiled at the dragon in front of him and set down, not without noticing the restless look from Cole as for the familiar’s taste all dragons just moved way to slow. [i]“Thank you. A story… if you don’t mind me telling you more about myself I have some of those. I’m looking to ask you about something. It’s actually one of the reasons for me coming here today. I’m looki…”[/i] The Imperial stopped himself, seemingly annoyed with the way he approached the matter. [i]“Starting to tell a story from a point only you can understand...”[/i]- He suddenly muttered to himself and took a deep breath. He calmed down, as if the thought of him speaking up freaked him out for a second. And even though the traveler did seem to have told his story a couple of times, Kryles had never been much of a rhetorician. [i]“Please, let me tell you a story about a traveler. I hope you will enjoy this story, even if it’s nothing extravagant, humorous, sad or by any means overly adventurous. Just, let me tell you how I ended up sitting in your lovely café … Let me tell you my story.” [/i] --------- "Growing up, I lived with my mom’s clan, while my father just came by visiting from time to time. I knew, I had stepbrothers and sisters outside Windswept Plateau, but I never met them. I wouldn’t say that I had an extravagant life growing up. But what I did have was a family who wanted the best for me. I had people inside my clan who wanted me to experience the world and what it had to offer me. And so, right after finishing the mandatory basic training with Sorey, I then earned my very own compass and maps while studying under our cartographer Haven. I could fill hours telling you all about her lectures and drawing drills, but let’s not do that. As I was saying, I began to travel with many different dragons since a young age and stayed with various clans as I began to learn about the world around me. "I want to see the world for what it truly is: beautiful. "At some point in my life I have been to other countries and flights. I had flown through the Tangled Woods alongside the Symouri Clan. I listened to the sounds of hushed whispers echoing through the ruins of the Runic Dust clan while trying to learn as much as possible from their adventurers, explorers and scholars. I tried to tap in some of the secrets of the Vogelzang Clan with no luck whatsoever. I found shelter with the Weeping Star Clan as I got a bit homesick. I struggled while being with a clan who lived on boats atop the Sea of Thousand Currents, but I also found love there. I broke my heat leaving her behind and I started a new live moving to the Tangled Woods with my daughter—quite near the place where my journey began. "I have been to and lived with numerous clans, but not near as many as I'd like to have visited and I still cherish every memory that I have stored from these adventures. Adventures that have molded my outlook on life and who I want to be in the future. You know, I had developed kind of an absolute need to travel. Nearly every moment of my life back in the Tangled Woods I was daydreaming about all the places I would love to travel to someday. I had a list of places written down in a book that I wanted to travel to as soon as possible. "My room was filled with souvenirs and mementos from my journey. I even had a chalkboard full of travel quotes; but I wanted to settle down for once while watching over my young daughter. Thinking back now, the thing that kept me going were the pictures of the places I've been to, and the knowledge that I might one day return to these places… and travel to many more. But first I had goals to meet, a family to love, and friends to cherish before I travel far again. "And then, one day, my mother sent a letter to inform me about my father’s disappearance. Rumors were going around about him serving the higher cause in the ranks of the Gladekeeper and I knew that something was amiss. Ever since I was a hatchling, Vykos had told me stories about the deities; but my father had always seen a kindred soul in Windsinger and would never join the entourage of someone else. As the eldest and the only one in disbelieve of the roaming rumors, I returned home to my birth clan to start investigating the matter. "After stepping on familiar turf my father’s familiar Cole came rushing towards me, confirming the disappearance and the loss of the well-kept traveler journal. So I decided to get back into traveling once more, to gather all the memories my father had left behind. Cole had become my guide as well as kindly sent letters from Clans all over Sornieth. Invitations to visit as well as lovely written stories about his adventures with them reached me and so I began my new live. Or should I say, I returned to a point in time where I was truly happy? "While I settled down at one place, I still had that itch to go out I could never shake off. I wanted to break free. I wanted to see new places, meet new people and cultures. But I also wanted to travel again for the way that travel changes me! It helps me find my limits, physical and mental, and then I try to push them a little bit. Sometimes this goes well, sometimes it doesn’t but only then I truly feel alive and free. "You know, I’m not sure what really motivated me to set off again. Was it really the sense of obligation towards my father—the need to find him, to clear his name—; or did I just use it as an excuse to leave everything behind, to get out my daily routine and to let the wanderlust within me out once more. … Maybe, I’m just being selfish. "Ah, do you remember, I was I had a certain reason for coming here today? Well, I just found out some dragons called my father ‘[i]The Elusive Traveller[/i]’. He was apparently searching for an Artifact. One that could end the warring of the flights and unite them… or so I was told. I don’t know what to think of it, but I figured that I’d be a good idea to come here. The travelers have been talking about your café; and being here I can only agree with them: It’s a lovely place! The food is delicious and the company very enjoyable. And a lot of stories gather here as well! "I would love to ask, if it's not too preposterous to do so—Have you ever heard about a green-striped Imperial named Vykos; or a story about someone called [i]The Elusive Traveller[/i], who’s searching for an Artifact? Any kind of information would be much appreciated!" ------ I hope you don't mind his long monologue^^" He isn't much of a storyteller, but I hope, you still enjoyed reading ;3
@Catkidemma sorry, I think I might have misspelled your name >.<

Maybe it was a coincidence. It probably was. All Kryles was sure about when he approached the old Café and opened the doors, he had finally arrived. The inside was light and filled with a lovely smell of tea, hot chocolate and sweet confect. The traveler couldn’t wait to sit down and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere as well. His familiar Cole already made his way inside and waited impatiently at the counter for Kryles to join him.

“Welcome to the Storyteller’s Café!” The dragon behind the counter friendly said. “We have food and drinks. If you can offer us a story, we would love to invite you to some mouth-watering dishes!”

Kryles smiled at the dragon in front of him and set down, not without noticing the restless look from Cole as for the familiar’s taste all dragons just moved way to slow.

“Thank you. A story… if you don’t mind me telling you more about myself I have some of those. I’m looking to ask you about something. It’s actually one of the reasons for me coming here today. I’m looki…”

The Imperial stopped himself, seemingly annoyed with the way he approached the matter. “Starting to tell a story from a point only you can understand...”- He suddenly muttered to himself and took a deep breath. He calmed down, as if the thought of him speaking up freaked him out for a second. And even though the traveler did seem to have told his story a couple of times, Kryles had never been much of a rhetorician.

“Please, let me tell you a story about a traveler. I hope you will enjoy this story, even if it’s nothing extravagant, humorous, sad or by any means overly adventurous. Just, let me tell you how I ended up sitting in your lovely café … Let me tell you my story.”

"Growing up, I lived with my mom’s clan, while my father just came by visiting from time to time. I knew, I had stepbrothers and sisters outside Windswept Plateau, but I never met them. I wouldn’t say that I had an extravagant life growing up. But what I did have was a family who wanted the best for me. I had people inside my clan who wanted me to experience the world and what it had to offer me. And so, right after finishing the mandatory basic training with Sorey, I then earned my very own compass and maps while studying under our cartographer Haven. I could fill hours telling you all about her lectures and drawing drills, but let’s not do that. As I was saying, I began to travel with many different dragons since a young age and stayed with various clans as I began to learn about the world around me.

"I want to see the world for what it truly is: beautiful.

"At some point in my life I have been to other countries and flights. I had flown through the Tangled Woods alongside the Symouri Clan. I listened to the sounds of hushed whispers echoing through the ruins of the Runic Dust clan while trying to learn as much as possible from their adventurers, explorers and scholars. I tried to tap in some of the secrets of the Vogelzang Clan with no luck whatsoever. I found shelter with the Weeping Star Clan as I got a bit homesick. I struggled while being with a clan who lived on boats atop the Sea of Thousand Currents, but I also found love there. I broke my heat leaving her behind and I started a new live moving to the Tangled Woods with my daughter—quite near the place where my journey began.

"I have been to and lived with numerous clans, but not near as many as I'd like to have visited and I still cherish every memory that I have stored from these adventures. Adventures that have molded my outlook on life and who I want to be in the future. You know, I had developed kind of an absolute need to travel. Nearly every moment of my life back in the Tangled Woods I was daydreaming about all the places I would love to travel to someday. I had a list of places written down in a book that I wanted to travel to as soon as possible.

"My room was filled with souvenirs and mementos from my journey. I even had a chalkboard full of travel quotes; but I wanted to settle down for once while watching over my young daughter. Thinking back now, the thing that kept me going were the pictures of the places I've been to, and the knowledge that I might one day return to these places… and travel to many more. But first I had goals to meet, a family to love, and friends to cherish before I travel far again.

"And then, one day, my mother sent a letter to inform me about my father’s disappearance. Rumors were going around about him serving the higher cause in the ranks of the Gladekeeper and I knew that something was amiss. Ever since I was a hatchling, Vykos had told me stories about the deities; but my father had always seen a kindred soul in Windsinger and would never join the entourage of someone else. As the eldest and the only one in disbelieve of the roaming rumors, I returned home to my birth clan to start investigating the matter.

"After stepping on familiar turf my father’s familiar Cole came rushing towards me, confirming the disappearance and the loss of the well-kept traveler journal. So I decided to get back into traveling once more, to gather all the memories my father had left behind. Cole had become my guide as well as kindly sent letters from Clans all over Sornieth. Invitations to visit as well as lovely written stories about his adventures with them reached me and so I began my new live. Or should I say, I returned to a point in time where I was truly happy?

"While I settled down at one place, I still had that itch to go out I could never shake off. I wanted to break free. I wanted to see new places, meet new people and cultures. But I also wanted to travel again for the way that travel changes me! It helps me find my limits, physical and mental, and then I try to push them a little bit. Sometimes this goes well, sometimes it doesn’t but only then I truly feel alive and free.

"You know, I’m not sure what really motivated me to set off again. Was it really the sense of obligation towards my father—the need to find him, to clear his name—; or did I just use it as an excuse to leave everything behind, to get out my daily routine and to let the wanderlust within me out once more. … Maybe, I’m just being selfish.

"Ah, do you remember, I was I had a certain reason for coming here today? Well, I just found out some dragons called my father ‘The Elusive Traveller’. He was apparently searching for an Artifact. One that could end the warring of the flights and unite them… or so I was told. I don’t know what to think of it, but I figured that I’d be a good idea to come here. The travelers have been talking about your café; and being here I can only agree with them: It’s a lovely place! The food is delicious and the company very enjoyable. And a lot of stories gather here as well!

"I would love to ask, if it's not too preposterous to do so—Have you ever heard about a green-striped Imperial named Vykos; or a story about someone called The Elusive Traveller, who’s searching for an Artifact? Any kind of information would be much appreciated!"

I hope you don't mind his long monologue^^" He isn't much of a storyteller, but I hope, you still enjoyed reading ;3
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=43656161&skin=0&apparel=29000&xt=dressing.png[/img] Merida, giddy as she was, mellowed down to listen to the story. Often, she would get overly excited at any tale of magic, wonder, murder, or mystery. But, romance was different. She thinks it deserves more care, and she aches to understand it more. She doesn't have much of a preference, seeing as she has little to no understanding of it. After all, she's only been on a date once, and it couldn't fully be considered a date. Merida listened with shiny eyes and a little pout as he talked. When he was finished, she began to dissect the story as usual. Her "usual" being, of course, bombarding the storyteller with questions. "So you managed to hold a conversation with a [b]spooky boi?[/b] Like, you did all the talking? Is that how you developed your entire relationship? Does he just let out spooky quips spookily every once in a while, and you keep up the rest? Because, I mean, I could do that. Heck, I think I'm doing that right now! I could totally steal your husband, dude." Merida's eyes met Anecdoche's, who was giving her a bewildered look. A few other cafe-goers were doing the same. Merida let out a decent fake cough. "Ehm, anyway. It seems like it was fate you two met. A god of Darkness with a god of Light. Like Yan and Ying! [i]Yang and Yin? Yin and.. Oh, nevermind. You know what I mean." [/i] --------------------------- @myriadofstars They're both adorable and I already love them XD It's a bit stereotypical to have the opposites attract trope (NOT HATING JUST IVE SEEN IT A LOT LATELY HHH), but I love these two. They're good beans and must be protected XD And, for something written completely off the top of your head, that was pretty good! I give you a solid 11/10. XD [s]Oh god I use XD too much. Oh double also what food category you want?
dragon?did=43656161&skin=0&apparel=29000&xt=dressing.png

Merida, giddy as she was, mellowed down to listen to the story. Often, she would get overly excited at any tale of magic, wonder, murder, or mystery. But, romance was different. She thinks it deserves more care, and she aches to understand it more. She doesn't have much of a preference, seeing as she has little to no understanding of it. After all, she's only been on a date once, and it couldn't fully be considered a date. Merida listened with shiny eyes and a little pout as he talked. When he was finished, she began to dissect the story as usual. Her "usual" being, of course, bombarding the storyteller with questions.

"So you managed to hold a conversation with a spooky boi? Like, you did all the talking? Is that how you developed your entire relationship? Does he just let out spooky quips spookily every once in a while, and you keep up the rest? Because, I mean, I could do that. Heck, I think I'm doing that right now! I could totally steal your husband, dude." Merida's eyes met Anecdoche's, who was giving her a bewildered look. A few other cafe-goers were doing the same. Merida let out a decent fake cough.

"Ehm, anyway. It seems like it was fate you two met. A god of Darkness with a god of Light. Like Yan and Ying! Yang and Yin? Yin and.. Oh, nevermind. You know what I mean."

@myriadofstars They're both adorable and I already love them XD It's a bit stereotypical to have the opposites attract trope (NOT HATING JUST IVE SEEN IT A LOT LATELY HHH), but I love these two. They're good beans and must be protected XD And, for something written completely off the top of your head, that was pretty good! I give you a solid 11/10. XD

Oh god I use XD too much.

Oh double also what food category you want?
@Catkidemma I PM'd you with the type of food. I know the opposites attract trope is a bit cliche, but I just couldn't resist haha. And thank you for the compliment, it was really fun to write and is currently in his bio!
@Catkidemma I PM'd you with the type of food. I know the opposites attract trope is a bit cliche, but I just couldn't resist haha. And thank you for the compliment, it was really fun to write and is currently in his bio!
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8