Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Writer's "Free Food" Cafe!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
bump
bump
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
@Catkidemma I'm just going to be typing away from the top of my head since these boys don't have any proper lore at the moment. :/ (Also, sorry in advance for not knowing how to shrink these images. DX) [center]-----[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47558265] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/475583/47558265_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47558266] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/475583/47558266_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Two Faes flew in tandem across the Light Territory. The larger, darker Fae flew in front, the end of his tail curled around the wrist of his faceted-eyed brother. "We're almost there, Flick," he announced. "You know, Crick, I really hope this was worth the journey," Flick replied. "This is a long way from Dragonhome, isn't it?" "Yeah, but I've heard great things about this place," Crick replied, nonchalantly waving his hand. "Think about it: all we have to do is tell them our life story and then they give us our meal for free!" "That does sound like a pretty good deal," Flick admitted, scratching at the wrist his brother was leading him by. "But only if you do most of the talking. I don't know these people, remember?" "I know," Crick noted. Only a moment later, he exclaimed, "There it is! Let's head down for a landing, okay?" "You're the boss," Flick muttered, following his brother's lead and swooping toward the ground. [center]xXx[/center] As soon as the duo entered the Cafe, they were greeted by a Pearlcatcher with shining scales. Crick smiled as she approached, but Flick seemed to stare right past her. "Welcome to our Cafe" the Pearlcatcher exclaimed, leading the pair to a table. "My name is Vellichor. How can I help you?" "We'll have two glasses of tea and a bagel," Crick said once he finished leading his brother to a chair. Flick mumbled something unintelligible under his breath. "Fine, two bagels," Crick corrected himself with a sigh. Vellichor meticulously wrote down the order, then walked off to fix the drinks. Once she was done, she immediately returned to the brothers' table. "So... I'm sure you heard about our policies," she commented, handing out the cups. "That's why we're here," Crick laughed. He took a tentative sip. "What do you want to know?" At this, Vellichor's ears twitched with intrigue. "Start from the beginning," she suggested. "We're both from the Everbloom Gardens in the Viridian Labyrinth," Crick answered. "Actually, we're from the same nest. But we couldn't be more different." He glanced briefly across the table at his brother. "As soon as Flick opened his eyes for the first time, everybody knew that he was going to have trouble. "I don't know if you noticed," Crick continued, "but his eyes are faceted, so he can't see very well. And because of that, he doesn't trust people very easily. But he knows me very well - mostly because I never left his side - so he lets me lead him everywhere we need to go." "'Lets' is kind of the wrong word," Flick mumbled. "It's more like I [i]need[/i] you to." Crick nodded in acknowledgment. "You see, it's been kind of rough for him," he said. "But I do my best to keep Flick safe. I always have, even when our parents shooed us out of the nest once we were old enough. I don't despise them for it, but I do wish they would've helped us out more." He paused as a grumpy-looking, but very shiny Pearlcatcher dropped off their bagels. He nodded in thanks. "We left the Viridian Labyrinth soon after leaving the nest," Crick resumed his story. "It was mostly because I wanted to see more of Sorneith." He let out a short chuckle. "Flick was a good sport about it and tagged along. Honestly, I was relieved that I wouldn't have to leave him behind. "We flew for a really long time and almost got stuck in the Scarred Wasteland. The clan we ran into there was very insistent on us staying with them. But, they creeped Flick out, so we moved on. "Eventually, we reached Dragonhome. It's a very dry, windy place, so it was the complete opposite of where we came from. But, Flick actually likes it there, unlike anywhere else we stopped. We found a clan that was willing to take us in - which was harder than it sounds since Flick can't get around on his own without bumping into everything - and have lived there ever since." Crick shrugged as he finished his story and began gnawing on his bagel. Flick stared fixedly in Vellichor's direction, waiting for a reply. [center]-----[/center] I hope I did this right. ;u;
@Catkidemma
I'm just going to be typing away from the top of my head since these boys don't have any proper lore at the moment. :/ (Also, sorry in advance for not knowing how to shrink these images. DX)

Two Faes flew in tandem across the Light Territory. The larger, darker Fae flew in front, the end of his tail curled around the wrist of his faceted-eyed brother. "We're almost there, Flick," he announced.

"You know, Crick, I really hope this was worth the journey," Flick replied. "This is a long way from Dragonhome, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but I've heard great things about this place," Crick replied, nonchalantly waving his hand. "Think about it: all we have to do is tell them our life story and then they give us our meal for free!"

"That does sound like a pretty good deal," Flick admitted, scratching at the wrist his brother was leading him by. "But only if you do most of the talking. I don't know these people, remember?"

"I know," Crick noted. Only a moment later, he exclaimed, "There it is! Let's head down for a landing, okay?"

"You're the boss," Flick muttered, following his brother's lead and swooping toward the ground.
xXx

As soon as the duo entered the Cafe, they were greeted by a Pearlcatcher with shining scales. Crick smiled as she approached, but Flick seemed to stare right past her. "Welcome to our Cafe" the Pearlcatcher exclaimed, leading the pair to a table. "My name is Vellichor. How can I help you?"

"We'll have two glasses of tea and a bagel," Crick said once he finished leading his brother to a chair. Flick mumbled something unintelligible under his breath. "Fine, two bagels," Crick corrected himself with a sigh.

Vellichor meticulously wrote down the order, then walked off to fix the drinks. Once she was done, she immediately returned to the brothers' table. "So... I'm sure you heard about our policies," she commented, handing out the cups.

"That's why we're here," Crick laughed. He took a tentative sip. "What do you want to know?"

At this, Vellichor's ears twitched with intrigue. "Start from the beginning," she suggested.

"We're both from the Everbloom Gardens in the Viridian Labyrinth," Crick answered. "Actually, we're from the same nest. But we couldn't be more different." He glanced briefly across the table at his brother. "As soon as Flick opened his eyes for the first time, everybody knew that he was going to have trouble.

"I don't know if you noticed," Crick continued, "but his eyes are faceted, so he can't see very well. And because of that, he doesn't trust people very easily. But he knows me very well - mostly because I never left his side - so he lets me lead him everywhere we need to go."

"'Lets' is kind of the wrong word," Flick mumbled. "It's more like I need you to."

Crick nodded in acknowledgment. "You see, it's been kind of rough for him," he said. "But I do my best to keep Flick safe. I always have, even when our parents shooed us out of the nest once we were old enough. I don't despise them for it, but I do wish they would've helped us out more." He paused as a grumpy-looking, but very shiny Pearlcatcher dropped off their bagels. He nodded in thanks.

"We left the Viridian Labyrinth soon after leaving the nest," Crick resumed his story. "It was mostly because I wanted to see more of Sorneith." He let out a short chuckle. "Flick was a good sport about it and tagged along. Honestly, I was relieved that I wouldn't have to leave him behind.

"We flew for a really long time and almost got stuck in the Scarred Wasteland. The clan we ran into there was very insistent on us staying with them. But, they creeped Flick out, so we moved on.

"Eventually, we reached Dragonhome. It's a very dry, windy place, so it was the complete opposite of where we came from. But, Flick actually likes it there, unlike anywhere else we stopped. We found a clan that was willing to take us in - which was harder than it sounds since Flick can't get around on his own without bumping into everything - and have lived there ever since." Crick shrugged as he finished his story and began gnawing on his bagel. Flick stared fixedly in Vellichor's direction, waiting for a reply.

I hope I did this right. ;u;
9rffWp7.png----- FR+2 -tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png- Female --vmRjR9o.png
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/416024247992057867/529756786908200971/43959189_350.png[/img] "Hmm. It's a very interesting issue. I rely very much on my sight, even if scent helps with more unconscious tasks. It's funny, your story kind of reminds me of Jay-" Vellichor cut herself off, with a little chuckle and a small blush. "Um, sorry. It's just a different story it reminds me of, that's all." Awkwardly, she cleared her throat. "It's a nice story indeed, ehm. I hope you enjoy your bagels! <3" She happily got two bagels from the display, plopped them neatly into a bag and rested it on the table. "I'm glad that Merida or Holly didn't get to you first. That interaction might've been a bit more uncomfortable, ehe~" [i]Plus they would've noticed the blush and tried to make me talk about the dumb trio. Ugh, don't think like that Vellichor! They're your friends and they love you. Don't be petty.[/i] Not wanting to lose face in front of these customers from her random epiphany, she hurried off into the break room. ---------------------------- @lavaland422 [b]HEY! I SEE YOU WITH THAT REFERENCE "THE SOULS OF THE INNOCENT"[/b] "A bagel." [b]"WHAT? NO!"[/b] "Two bagels." Also, you did great! No worries! ;3 What food category do you want?
43959189_350.png

"Hmm. It's a very interesting issue. I rely very much on my sight, even if scent helps with more unconscious tasks. It's funny, your story kind of reminds me of Jay-" Vellichor cut herself off, with a little chuckle and a small blush.

"Um, sorry. It's just a different story it reminds me of, that's all." Awkwardly, she cleared her throat.

"It's a nice story indeed, ehm. I hope you enjoy your bagels! <3" She happily got two bagels from the display, plopped them neatly into a bag and rested it on the table.

"I'm glad that Merida or Holly didn't get to you first. That interaction might've been a bit more uncomfortable, ehe~" Plus they would've noticed the blush and tried to make me talk about the dumb trio. Ugh, don't think like that Vellichor! They're your friends and they love you. Don't be petty. Not wanting to lose face in front of these customers from her random epiphany, she hurried off into the break room.

@lavaland422 HEY! I SEE YOU WITH THAT REFERENCE

"THE SOULS OF THE INNOCENT"

"A bagel."
"WHAT? NO!"
"Two bagels."

Also, you did great! No worries! ;3 What food category do you want?
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
@Catkidemma This sounds pretty fun! Lemme just get writing real quick! -- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12832210] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/128323/12832210_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center]Lapis wandered through the Sunbeam Ruins, glancing from a piece of parchment in her hands and then around her. She paused in front of the Cafe, taking once last glance at the sheet before tucking it away and walking in. She walked up to the counter, briefly glancing at a nearby menu. "I'll take a tea please." She spoke, her voice soft and meek. "I hear you can pay in stories, let me tell you mine." xXx The chill that hung over her home was persistent, and the fact that her siblings had moved out of her room made sleeping impossible for Lapis this night. She carefully made her way through the halls of her cavern home, making sure not to disturb the other residents. Quietly, she arrived at her siblings room, surprised to see her father carefully closing the door behind him. "Papa?" Lapis whispered, slightly confused. Her father, Isaki, nearly jumped out of his skin upon hearing her. "Lapis?" He regained his composure. "What are you still doing up dear? It's late, you should be in bed." Isaki placed his hand on her shoulder and gently guided her in the direction of her room. Lapis dug in her heels. "I don't want to sleep alone- I'm scared." She admitted, turning and hugging his leg tightly. "How about we see if Sycamore can tell you a story, I know he's still up." Isaki smiled softly at his youngest, though there was sorrow in his eyes. Lapis thought for a moment and nodded. Her father gently picked her up and made his way to the clan's library. -- Lapis awoke to sudden loud noises outside the library. She blinked sleepily for a moment. It was too early, why was there so much noise. She pulled the blanket tight around her and went outside. She was greeted by the clan's librarian, Sycamore, and the clan's leader and Lapis' mother, Fiore, having a screaming match outside. Before she could investigate though, her older brother Tsume pulled her aside, shielding her from the two screaming adults. "Lapis, there's something you need to know." He began. Lapis ignored the words and peered around him, watching the two normally calm adults nearly at each others throats. Tsume suddenly grabbed her by the shoulders and looked her in the eye. "Dad's gone. He's left to join the Shadowbinder." His voice wavered and Lapis noticed his eyes were red and puffy. She tried to process this new information. "What? No, I saw him last night. He took me to the library for a story." She protested. Tsume shook his head. "He left early this morning, he's never coming back." The information finally clicked in Lapis and suddenly the tears began to flow. She clung to her brother before sobs wracked her body. [/center] ------ Ahhhh! I hope this is good!
@Catkidemma

This sounds pretty fun! Lemme just get writing real quick!
--
Lapis wandered through the Sunbeam Ruins, glancing from a piece of parchment in her hands and then around her. She paused in front of the Cafe, taking once last glance at the sheet before tucking it away and walking in. She walked up to the counter, briefly glancing at a nearby menu.
"I'll take a tea please." She spoke, her voice soft and meek. "I hear you can pay in stories, let me tell you mine."

xXx

The chill that hung over her home was persistent, and the fact that her siblings had moved out of her room made sleeping impossible for Lapis this night. She carefully made her way through the halls of her cavern home, making sure not to disturb the other residents. Quietly, she arrived at her siblings room, surprised to see her father carefully closing the door behind him.
"Papa?" Lapis whispered, slightly confused. Her father, Isaki, nearly jumped out of his skin upon hearing her.
"Lapis?" He regained his composure. "What are you still doing up dear? It's late, you should be in bed." Isaki placed his hand on her shoulder and gently guided her in the direction of her room. Lapis dug in her heels.
"I don't want to sleep alone- I'm scared." She admitted, turning and hugging his leg tightly.
"How about we see if Sycamore can tell you a story, I know he's still up." Isaki smiled softly at his youngest, though there was sorrow in his eyes. Lapis thought for a moment and nodded. Her father gently picked her up and made his way to the clan's library.

--

Lapis awoke to sudden loud noises outside the library. She blinked sleepily for a moment. It was too early, why was there so much noise. She pulled the blanket tight around her and went outside.
She was greeted by the clan's librarian, Sycamore, and the clan's leader and Lapis' mother, Fiore, having a screaming match outside. Before she could investigate though, her older brother Tsume pulled her aside, shielding her from the two screaming adults.
"Lapis, there's something you need to know." He began. Lapis ignored the words and peered around him, watching the two normally calm adults nearly at each others throats. Tsume suddenly grabbed her by the shoulders and looked her in the eye.
"Dad's gone. He's left to join the Shadowbinder." His voice wavered and Lapis noticed his eyes were red and puffy. She tried to process this new information.
"What? No, I saw him last night. He took me to the library for a story." She protested. Tsume shook his head.
"He left early this morning, he's never coming back."
The information finally clicked in Lapis and suddenly the tears began to flow. She clung to her brother before sobs wracked her body.

Ahhhh! I hope this is good!
Mira | He/They | FR +14
@Catkidemma

Thank you! I'll take whatever you can spare. :)

(Edit: Darn, I thought I was being subtle. XD)
@Catkidemma

Thank you! I'll take whatever you can spare. :)

(Edit: Darn, I thought I was being subtle. XD)
9rffWp7.png----- FR+2 -tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png- Female --vmRjR9o.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=23466336&skin=0&apparel=7684,15300,15722,22700,22699&xt=dressing.png[/img] "Hmm." Thunderfly poured Lapis a cup of tea before pouring one for herself. She sipped her tea slowly, analyzing Lapis carefully. "The Shadowbinder is a bold topic to mention. I've heard many tales of darkness, but many shy away from mentioning.. his.. name." [i]Do you have any idea [b]why[/b] he left?[/i] Thunderfly resisted saying, realizing she didn't want to cross any boundaries. With a little laugh, she smiled wistfully. "Enjoy your tea." ---------------------------- @lavaland422 I'll send you some random stuff in a moment ;3 @Warriorgirl1234 It was lovely! The emotion was described well, and while we didn't get a lot of details on what motivated him, it brings a lot of intrigue~ [s]also what kinda food you want my dude
dragon?did=23466336&skin=0&apparel=7684,15300,15722,22700,22699&xt=dressing.png

"Hmm." Thunderfly poured Lapis a cup of tea before pouring one for herself. She sipped her tea slowly, analyzing Lapis carefully.

"The Shadowbinder is a bold topic to mention. I've heard many tales of darkness, but many shy away from mentioning.. his.. name." Do you have any idea why he left? Thunderfly resisted saying, realizing she didn't want to cross any boundaries.

With a little laugh, she smiled wistfully.

"Enjoy your tea."

@lavaland422 I'll send you some random stuff in a moment ;3

@Warriorgirl1234 It was lovely! The emotion was described well, and while we didn't get a lot of details on what motivated him, it brings a lot of intrigue~
also what kinda food you want my dude
@Catkidemma

Meat please! And thank you! o///o
@Catkidemma

Meat please! And thank you! o///o
Mira | He/They | FR +14
ree :3
ree :3
bump
bump
blep
blep
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8