Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Writer's "Free Food" Cafe!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
bump in hopes of finding some new writer nerds
bump in hopes of finding some new writer nerds
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45626499] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/456265/45626499_350.png[/img] [/url] The Coatl moved silently, hidden by the shadows of other dragons as she followed them into the cafe. She sank into a seat at the counter, where a red and green nocturne promptly came over to take her order. "This is the place," she said quietly. "Where you give out meals in exchange for a story, is it not?" She paused, but didn't wait for a response from the barista. "Let me share with you my own, then." --------- Copia struggled to drag the cart of valuable gems behind her. Her shoulders were already sore, nearly bleeding, and her breath came out in ragged gasps. The collar around her neck itched and weighed heavy, her claws clumsy and dirty. This had been her reality for the past year: a wretched prison where she and so many other innocent souls were enslaved, forced to dig for gold and jewels. The crack of a whip and the cry of a fellow dragon sent her sprawling to the ground. Her feathered wings shook with fear as she heard the familiar fall of dragon claws walking up beside her. The coatl shut her eyes tight, battered body bracing for the stinging pain of the whips. Instead, she felt the supporting claws of a fellow slave. "C'mon, then," he said gently. "We 'ave ta keep movin' if we don' wan' them 'orrible beasts on us." It was Pippin, a kind young ridgeback; he had been here the longest, as far as anyone knew, and he always cared for the other dragons. Copia opened her eyes and struggled up with Pippin's help. Together, with the ridgeback pushing from behind, the two managed to get the cart out of the ditch and up into the pile. An imperial stepped up, heaving his shoulder against the cart's side once it had stopped. The jewels on top tumbled out, and soon the cart was empty on its side. A fae popped out from the growing pile of gemstones. She would be sorting through those rocks all day, Copia noted. Then, she and Pippin helped the imperial to put the wagon on all fours again, before strapping back up to it. Back to the pit they'd go, where the diggers would pile on the crystals, and the whole cycle would begin again. [i]"Halt!"[/i] Copia winced at the loud voice. All digging, carting, amd sorting ceased. All looked up to face the brilliant white plumage of a slender skydancer. While innocent and fragile in appearance, this dragon was feared by the slaves. The coatl felt a shiver run down her spine as The Prophet's piercing blue gaze swept over the assembly. "I see there has been great progress," she mused, approaching the pile of valuable gems with hungry eyes. She turned suddenly to a guardian, the overseer of this particular operation, and reached a claw up to gently hold his face. No one seemed to move; the guardian himself was standing rigid, his armor clattering as he trembled. The Prophet leaned in and spoke, just loud enough for her words to echo unnaturally in the still air. "But I [i]still[/i] don't see the Heartstone." Her claws dug into the overseer's scaly neck as she brought them down fast, leaving a large, but not fatal gash. He let out a roaring cry and shrunk back, holding a claw against the wound. Satisfied, The Prophet turned to the enslaved dragons once more. "The Stormcatcher is losing his patience," she crooned, words laced with venom and evil intent. "I have tried my best, praying, [i]begging[/i] for more time. Alas-" she sighed, dramatic, "-we have but [i]two more[/i] days. If the Heartstone isn't found by then..." Gracefully, she leapt down into the trench like a twisted angel. She landed, sending up a cloud of dust, right in front of Copia. The coatl shrank back with a strangled cry as The Prophet stared her down. For a moment, she thought the skydancer might make an example of her, right there and then. Instead, she smiled, cruel and unfeeling, enough to turn Copia's blood to ice. "Then the Stormcatcher himself will [i]strike you down..."[/i] ------------ (@Catkidemma No food required! I might use this to develop some dragons' stories. Copia here will be back to finish her tale, no doubt. :>)

45626499_350.png

The Coatl moved silently, hidden by the shadows of other dragons as she followed them into the cafe. She sank into a seat at the counter, where a red and green nocturne promptly came over to take her order.

"This is the place," she said quietly. "Where you give out meals in exchange for a story, is it not?" She paused, but didn't wait for a response from the barista. "Let me share with you my own, then."

Copia struggled to drag the cart of valuable gems behind her. Her shoulders were already sore, nearly bleeding, and her breath came out in ragged gasps. The collar around her neck itched and weighed heavy, her claws clumsy and dirty. This had been her reality for the past year: a wretched prison where she and so many other innocent souls were enslaved, forced to dig for gold and jewels.

The crack of a whip and the cry of a fellow dragon sent her sprawling to the ground. Her feathered wings shook with fear as she heard the familiar fall of dragon claws walking up beside her. The coatl shut her eyes tight, battered body bracing for the stinging pain of the whips. Instead, she felt the supporting claws of a fellow slave.

"C'mon, then," he said gently. "We 'ave ta keep movin' if we don' wan' them 'orrible beasts on us." It was Pippin, a kind young ridgeback; he had been here the longest, as far as anyone knew, and he always cared for the other dragons.

Copia opened her eyes and struggled up with Pippin's help. Together, with the ridgeback pushing from behind, the two managed to get the cart out of the ditch and up into the pile.

An imperial stepped up, heaving his shoulder against the cart's side once it had stopped. The jewels on top tumbled out, and soon the cart was empty on its side. A fae popped out from the growing pile of gemstones. She would be sorting through those rocks all day, Copia noted. Then, she and Pippin helped the imperial to put the wagon on all fours again, before strapping back up to it. Back to the pit they'd go, where the diggers would pile on the crystals, and the whole cycle would begin again.

"Halt!"

Copia winced at the loud voice. All digging, carting, amd sorting ceased. All looked up to face the brilliant white plumage of a slender skydancer. While innocent and fragile in appearance, this dragon was feared by the slaves. The coatl felt a shiver run down her spine as The Prophet's piercing blue gaze swept over the assembly.

"I see there has been great progress," she mused, approaching the pile of valuable gems with hungry eyes. She turned suddenly to a guardian, the overseer of this particular operation, and reached a claw up to gently hold his face. No one seemed to move; the guardian himself was standing rigid, his armor clattering as he trembled. The Prophet leaned in and spoke, just loud enough for her words to echo unnaturally in the still air.

"But I still don't see the Heartstone."

Her claws dug into the overseer's scaly neck as she brought them down fast, leaving a large, but not fatal gash. He let out a roaring cry and shrunk back, holding a claw against the wound. Satisfied, The Prophet turned to the enslaved dragons once more.

"The Stormcatcher is losing his patience," she crooned, words laced with venom and evil intent. "I have tried my best, praying, begging for more time. Alas-" she sighed, dramatic, "-we have but two more days. If the Heartstone isn't found by then..."

Gracefully, she leapt down into the trench like a twisted angel. She landed, sending up a cloud of dust, right in front of Copia. The coatl shrank back with a strangled cry as The Prophet stared her down. For a moment, she thought the skydancer might make an example of her, right there and then. Instead, she smiled, cruel and unfeeling, enough to turn Copia's blood to ice.

"Then the Stormcatcher himself will strike you down..."

(@Catkidemma No food required! I might use this to develop some dragons' stories. Copia here will be back to finish her tale, no doubt. :>)
aUKJE16.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=19593277&skin=0&apparel=21298,22673&xt=dressing.png[/img] The cafe went completely silent, for the first time in a while. Many times, chilling tales of torture or cruelty would come around. But, this was one of the few times that the cafe had a dip in customers, leaving the cafe considerably quiet. As the coatl went on with her dark, descriptive tale, the customers listened with baited breath. When Copia fell silent, a nervous young nocturne chirped, [i]"What happened next??"[/i] Holly was quick to shush them and leap forward, leaning over the counter to the point that she was 2 inches away from Copia's face. "So, what's your name~" She said in a flirtatious tone, batting her eyelashes. A brooding guardian across the cafe scowled, and sipped his coffee. "Copia, you say? Well, you seem to be doing great [b]Coping[/b] with all the stress." The cafe seemed to groan in unison, except for the young nocturne hatchling, who unleashed a bout of laughter. Anecdoche was glaring into the back of Holly's head. She realized this, whipped around and stuck her tongue out. When she turned back around, she was a few inches farther from Copia. Looking at her like a curious puppy, she chirped, "So what happened next? Was the Prophet hot? She sounded hot." "HOLLY!" Anecdoche snarled through the window of the kitchen. "I'M JUST VOICING MY OPINION! G O D. Stop being an [i]edgelord[/i]." Meeting Copia's eyes again, she realized that that seemed to be the end of the story for now. "Oh, whoops! You probably want food, dontcha? Well, I could--" Before she could even utter out the rest of her stupid euphemism, Anecdoche was outside of the kitchen. He rested down a plate of delectable fish, decorated with different sauces. Anecdoche jabbed Holly in the shoulder immediately after doing so, as he didn't want anyone to have to hear where she was going with that. ----------------- @PricklyGoose Heheh, I always like a good story with no food required ;3 And, I'd love to see her back~ [s]Also idk what your quote is from in your signature but I love it
dragon?did=19593277&skin=0&apparel=21298,22673&xt=dressing.png

The cafe went completely silent, for the first time in a while. Many times, chilling tales of torture or cruelty would come around. But, this was one of the few times that the cafe had a dip in customers, leaving the cafe considerably quiet. As the coatl went on with her dark, descriptive tale, the customers listened with baited breath. When Copia fell silent, a nervous young nocturne chirped,

"What happened next??" Holly was quick to shush them and leap forward, leaning over the counter to the point that she was 2 inches away from Copia's face.

"So, what's your name~" She said in a flirtatious tone, batting her eyelashes. A brooding guardian across the cafe scowled, and sipped his coffee.

"Copia, you say? Well, you seem to be doing great Coping with all the stress." The cafe seemed to groan in unison, except for the young nocturne hatchling, who unleashed a bout of laughter. Anecdoche was glaring into the back of Holly's head. She realized this, whipped around and stuck her tongue out. When she turned back around, she was a few inches farther from Copia. Looking at her like a curious puppy, she chirped,

"So what happened next? Was the Prophet hot? She sounded hot."

"HOLLY!" Anecdoche snarled through the window of the kitchen.

"I'M JUST VOICING MY OPINION! G O D. Stop being an edgelord." Meeting Copia's eyes again, she realized that that seemed to be the end of the story for now.

"Oh, whoops! You probably want food, dontcha? Well, I could--" Before she could even utter out the rest of her stupid euphemism, Anecdoche was outside of the kitchen. He rested down a plate of delectable fish, decorated with different sauces. Anecdoche jabbed Holly in the shoulder immediately after doing so, as he didn't want anyone to have to hear where she was going with that.

@PricklyGoose Heheh, I always like a good story with no food required ;3 And, I'd love to see her back~

Also idk what your quote is from in your signature but I love it
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40496325][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/404964/40496325.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43656161][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/436562/43656161.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=calibri]"Oh, this place looks cute!" The large Wildclaw purred to herself, a catty grin picking up her exhausted expression. After a long day of completing her numerous 'tasks', Lucia was ready to sit back and relax. She was [i]especially[/i] excited about this quaint little place. Delicious smells wafted through her nose, eagerly pulling her deeper inside, where she found a welcoming cafe full of dragons mingling and drinking, and a few even captivating some of the baristas with ravenous stories. "Hey there, welcome to our little cafe!" A tiny voice chirped excitedly to her right. Lucia blinked back her momentary shock at having been too distracted to notice the sparkling purple Fae grinning welcomingly at her. "Come on, let me help you to your seat," she purred, eagerly leading Lucia over to a table. "Wow, thanks! Could I get something to drink, too? Something that tastes a [i]lot[/i] like coffee?" Lucia beamed, and the Fae nodded before zooming off, only to return a moment later with a warm cup full of a maple brown liquid. It's taste was divine. "No problem, and by the way, I'm Merida," the Fae greeted, but before Lucia could respond with her own name, the Fae was already continuing her conversation. "And you look like a dragon with a lot of fun stories." Merida's eyes were twinkling with barely contained curiosity, and Lucia laughed. "Well, I [i]guess[/i] I have some time to share..." -------------- [font=calibri]"This is... absolutely ridiculous," the Imperial snarled, taking a rather daunting step towards the Skydancer clad in elegant garments that radiated mystery. She didn't flinch and, instead, wrapped her wing around Lucia, who scrambled closer in fear as the Imperial's eyes bore deep into her soul, as if trying to pry her open and reveal all her darkest fears. "We're not keeping her. Look how small she is! She couldn't possibly keep up, nor would anyone even [i]want[/i] to hire someone like her." "Sure, her colors are darker, but I'm not asking you to train her," the Skydancer snorted, "I'll be doing that. I just need you to know that it's happening." "Robin-" "This isn't up for negotiation," Robin sneered, her claw tightening around Lucia's arm. She gulped at how protective the gesture was, but it also freaked her out. What was going on? One moment she had been sprinting through the streets of the small town located somewhere within the Southern Icefield. She wasn't... too well versed on anything map based. "She's staying with me, Elior." "Fine," Elior finally snarled, abruptly turning away, though not without shooting Lucia one last scathing look. The Wildclaw shrank back, averting her eyes to the red and green carpeted floor. "But if she doesn't earn her keep, she isn't staying very long." Robin scoffed as he slipped behind the gilded curtains, turning back to Lucia with a reassuring grin. Lucia didn't feel [i]too[/i] reassured. "Don't worry about him, Lu Lu, you'll fit right in with us. Conning is an art, and like all arts, it takes time." She cocked her head at Lucia, scrutinizing the tiny hatchling with searing blue eyes. "Hmm... I bet you could pull off one of our spider costumes... Come on, little Black Widow, let's teach you how to use those claws of yours properly." -------------- [center](@Catkidemma - I did a quick little thing that I really hope was okay cause I saw this thread and very much wanted to do one. ^w^) [/center]
40496325.png43656161.png

"Oh, this place looks cute!" The large Wildclaw purred to herself, a catty grin picking up her exhausted expression. After a long day of completing her numerous 'tasks', Lucia was ready to sit back and relax. She was especially excited about this quaint little place. Delicious smells wafted through her nose, eagerly pulling her deeper inside, where she found a welcoming cafe full of dragons mingling and drinking, and a few even captivating some of the baristas with ravenous stories.

"Hey there, welcome to our little cafe!" A tiny voice chirped excitedly to her right. Lucia blinked back her momentary shock at having been too distracted to notice the sparkling purple Fae grinning welcomingly at her. "Come on, let me help you to your seat," she purred, eagerly leading Lucia over to a table.

"Wow, thanks! Could I get something to drink, too? Something that tastes a lot like coffee?" Lucia beamed, and the Fae nodded before zooming off, only to return a moment later with a warm cup full of a maple brown liquid. It's taste was divine.

"No problem, and by the way, I'm Merida," the Fae greeted, but before Lucia could respond with her own name, the Fae was already continuing her conversation. "And you look like a dragon with a lot of fun stories." Merida's eyes were twinkling with barely contained curiosity, and Lucia laughed.

"Well, I guess I have some time to share..."

"This is... absolutely ridiculous," the Imperial snarled, taking a rather daunting step towards the Skydancer clad in elegant garments that radiated mystery. She didn't flinch and, instead, wrapped her wing around Lucia, who scrambled closer in fear as the Imperial's eyes bore deep into her soul, as if trying to pry her open and reveal all her darkest fears. "We're not keeping her. Look how small she is! She couldn't possibly keep up, nor would anyone even want to hire someone like her."

"Sure, her colors are darker, but I'm not asking you to train her," the Skydancer snorted, "I'll be doing that. I just need you to know that it's happening."

"Robin-"

"This isn't up for negotiation," Robin sneered, her claw tightening around Lucia's arm. She gulped at how protective the gesture was, but it also freaked her out. What was going on? One moment she had been sprinting through the streets of the small town located somewhere within the Southern Icefield. She wasn't... too well versed on anything map based. "She's staying with me, Elior."

"Fine," Elior finally snarled, abruptly turning away, though not without shooting Lucia one last scathing look. The Wildclaw shrank back, averting her eyes to the red and green carpeted floor. "But if she doesn't earn her keep, she isn't staying very long." Robin scoffed as he slipped behind the gilded curtains, turning back to Lucia with a reassuring grin. Lucia didn't feel too reassured.

"Don't worry about him, Lu Lu, you'll fit right in with us. Conning is an art, and like all arts, it takes time." She cocked her head at Lucia, scrutinizing the tiny hatchling with searing blue eyes. "Hmm... I bet you could pull off one of our spider costumes... Come on, little Black Widow, let's teach you how to use those claws of yours properly."

(@Catkidemma - I did a quick little thing that I really hope was okay cause I saw this thread and very much wanted to do one. ^w^)
you confiscate my kazoo but little do you know that i have a second, hidden kazoo between my toes
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=24&breed=1&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=124&tertgene=0&winggene=20&wings=150&auth=01071eac08a24681ae8740a9ff44eb21e543d37a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Most dragons would try to dissect the story with more care. After all, it sounded like she grew to be a dragon who could be a true threat, with both strength and strategy. But, of course, Merida is not like other dragons. She was more interested by the nitty gritty details, and the friendly sassiness of the dragons not only in the story, but Lucia herself. "You were taken in at a young age, yes? I was as well, only more by peers than ones I looked up to. And now I live with them! What a treat." Lucia smiled. "How are they?" Seeing as Anecdoche and Holly were having a heated argument on the other side of the kitchen door- which, luckily, was silent to the rest of the cafe- Merida wasn't sure how to respond. "They're all crazy." Merida looked the girl up and down one more time and, forgetting all sense of boundaries, let out a flurry of questions. "So why was Elior so angsty? Robin sounds a little evil, was she? Or is she just like a sassy mama? Were you born with your own parents and lost them in a fire or something? Or did you run away? Or are you like me, born out of an egg with no loved ones to be found? Alsooo what do you do? Do you con people out of money? Or do you con people out of [i]lives,[/i] like a spooky grim reaper!?" "I think that's just called a murderer." Merida stumbled backwards as she realized Thunderfly was a few steps behind the two of them, listening in with interest. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=23466336&skin=0&apparel=7684,15300,15722,22700,22699&xt=dressing.png[/img] "Maybe slow down on the questions, will ya? People tend to have a lot on their mind when getting a cup of coffee." Merida pouted. "I'm just curious.. I'm not trying to be mean or anything." "That's not.. nevermind. Why don't you help me with the next batch of cupcakes?" Thunderfly chirped, knowing it would entice Merida way. And that it did. As she excitedly rushed away from the table without even saying goodbye, Thunderfly let out a sigh. Looking over to Lucia with a strange mischevious shine in her eyes, she joked, "If you take any croissants without asking, I'll know. But, do enjoy your coffee~" --------------------------- @MittensTheKitten "Okay?" It was lovely! I also wanna note that I love the way you described how Merida talks and acts, because it was extremely accurate XD What food category do you want? [s]If you say you dont want any food, Im not gonna refute ;3
dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=24&breed=1&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=124&tertgene=0&winggene=20&wings=150&auth=01071eac08a24681ae8740a9ff44eb21e543d37a&dummyext=prev.png

Most dragons would try to dissect the story with more care. After all, it sounded like she grew to be a dragon who could be a true threat, with both strength and strategy. But, of course, Merida is not like other dragons. She was more interested by the nitty gritty details, and the friendly sassiness of the dragons not only in the story, but Lucia herself.

"You were taken in at a young age, yes? I was as well, only more by peers than ones I looked up to. And now I live with them! What a treat." Lucia smiled.

"How are they?"

Seeing as Anecdoche and Holly were having a heated argument on the other side of the kitchen door- which, luckily, was silent to the rest of the cafe- Merida wasn't sure how to respond.

"They're all crazy." Merida looked the girl up and down one more time and, forgetting all sense of boundaries, let out a flurry of questions.

"So why was Elior so angsty? Robin sounds a little evil, was she? Or is she just like a sassy mama? Were you born with your own parents and lost them in a fire or something? Or did you run away? Or are you like me, born out of an egg with no loved ones to be found? Alsooo what do you do? Do you con people out of money? Or do you con people out of lives, like a spooky grim reaper!?"

"I think that's just called a murderer." Merida stumbled backwards as she realized Thunderfly was a few steps behind the two of them, listening in with interest.

dragon?did=23466336&skin=0&apparel=7684,15300,15722,22700,22699&xt=dressing.png

"Maybe slow down on the questions, will ya? People tend to have a lot on their mind when getting a cup of coffee." Merida pouted.

"I'm just curious.. I'm not trying to be mean or anything."

"That's not.. nevermind. Why don't you help me with the next batch of cupcakes?" Thunderfly chirped, knowing it would entice Merida way. And that it did. As she excitedly rushed away from the table without even saying goodbye, Thunderfly let out a sigh. Looking over to Lucia with a strange mischevious shine in her eyes, she joked,

"If you take any croissants without asking, I'll know. But, do enjoy your coffee~"

@MittensTheKitten "Okay?" It was lovely! I also wanna note that I love the way you described how Merida talks and acts, because it was extremely accurate XD

What food category do you want? If you say you dont want any food, Im not gonna refute ;3
(@Catkidemma, Ah, so glad I didn't screw up for Merida! And no food is necessary, I meant to add that, sorry, whoops! Thanks for responding, this was a lot of fun! :D)
(@Catkidemma, Ah, so glad I didn't screw up for Merida! And no food is necessary, I meant to add that, sorry, whoops! Thanks for responding, this was a lot of fun! :D)
you confiscate my kazoo but little do you know that i have a second, hidden kazoo between my toes
(@MittensTheKitten HAHAHA YES MORE FOOD FOR ME TO SAVE, LESS GRINDING FOR ME TO NEED TO DO! ..cough. anyhow, yee! Feel free to come back any time! seriously though if nobodys posted by the end of a day, do come back. The more posts, the merrier TwT)
(@MittensTheKitten HAHAHA YES MORE FOOD FOR ME TO SAVE, LESS GRINDING FOR ME TO NEED TO DO! ..cough. anyhow, yee! Feel free to come back any time! seriously though if nobodys posted by the end of a day, do come back. The more posts, the merrier TwT)
A boop for a good friend :3
A boop for a good friend :3
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Aetherstorm aww good friend
@Aetherstorm aww good friend
BOMP
BOMP
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8