Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Writer's "Free Food" Cafe!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@LostDreamer Mm.. alright! Im in a bit of a slump myself, so it would be good fo rme to write more responses!
@LostDreamer Mm.. alright! Im in a bit of a slump myself, so it would be good fo rme to write more responses!
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
bump
bump
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
booomp
booomp
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45512067] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/455121/45512067_350.png[/img] [/url] A bogsneak looked inside the cafe, shifting his eyes as if he's looking for something or someone. Though something was off about him. His snout was elongated and rigid, with teeth portruding out of the stiff grin. Small ridges covered him from head to the tip, tail seemingly being flatter. His expression soon flashed disappointment. Though, he decided not to leave and instead sat by the counter. "Regular coffee with milk, if possible." His speech was slow and slurred. Passing the coins on the counter, he soon piped up again. "Now that I think of it, wasn't this the place where you could tell a story for a free meal? Yes? I guess I could share mine for something roasted." He cleared his throat. ------------ ----------- A newly matured bogsneak once began to live on his own. Murdock was his name. All seemed well and good..... but then it just didn't. Everything began to stagnate. He lost interest in the world around him. Besides work and lazing around, he didn't have much else to do, nor did anything interest him. And that's when he tried some peculiar dust. His senses melted, letting him feel much more relaxed, blissful, but most importantly- alive. This dust... It made him feel good. First it was on occassion, then on any other day, and then it was daily. Murdock was into these sensations, much more vibrant than the life he had. It didn't last for long, though. Turns out the dust he got was outlawed, and so he sentenced for prison. Though, the one he was sent into was not a normal one. Many inmates had various mutations- from additional fur to flat out anatomical shifts. And all of them were caused by the experimentation that the higher ups oh so gleefully conducted. Murdock was just another fodder for them. Yet, he did not care. He had lost his supply of dust and everything fell back in the grey tones. So what if he and others suffered? It didn't matter for him. At the very least, he had found a friend there. An optimistic spiral, seeping with a fluid and coiling around, he called himself Marjani. He tried to cheer everyone up, trying to find any positives in this place and somehow.... that got Murdock curious. After a little banter and cell number exchange, the two quickly partnered up, becoming inseparable with time. There was a breakout. Two inmates escaped in desperation and everything went on lockdown. But the escapees weren't Murdock and Marjani, they were someone else. One pale as snow and the other dark as earth, both being canine mixes. Murdock didn't bother though, he would've been too slow to escape and he wasn't the smartest either. --------- --------- "Apologies..." The bogsneak interrupted all of a sudden. "I think I may had forgotten the last part. Perhaps I'll just pay with what I have." ----- ( @Catkidemma Hullo, back again with a bab of mine. Though this time leaving you an option to pick your dragon, haha. No need for food, though!) [/center]

45512067_350.png

A bogsneak looked inside the cafe, shifting his eyes as if he's looking for something or someone. Though something was off about him. His snout was elongated and rigid, with teeth portruding out of the stiff grin. Small ridges covered him from head to the tip, tail seemingly being flatter.
His expression soon flashed disappointment. Though, he decided not to leave and instead sat by the counter.
"Regular coffee with milk, if possible." His speech was slow and slurred. Passing the coins on the counter, he soon piped up again. "Now that I think of it, wasn't this the place where you could tell a story for a free meal? Yes? I guess I could share mine for something roasted."
He cleared his throat.

A newly matured bogsneak once began to live on his own. Murdock was his name. All seemed well and good..... but then it just didn't. Everything began to stagnate. He lost interest in the world around him. Besides work and lazing around, he didn't have much else to do, nor did anything interest him. And that's when he tried some peculiar dust.

His senses melted, letting him feel much more relaxed, blissful, but most importantly- alive. This dust... It made him feel good. First it was on occassion, then on any other day, and then it was daily. Murdock was into these sensations, much more vibrant than the life he had. It didn't last for long, though. Turns out the dust he got was outlawed, and so he sentenced for prison. Though, the one he was sent into was not a normal one.

Many inmates had various mutations- from additional fur to flat out anatomical shifts. And all of them were caused by the experimentation that the higher ups oh so gleefully conducted. Murdock was just another fodder for them. Yet, he did not care. He had lost his supply of dust and everything fell back in the grey tones. So what if he and others suffered? It didn't matter for him.
At the very least, he had found a friend there. An optimistic spiral, seeping with a fluid and coiling around, he called himself Marjani. He tried to cheer everyone up, trying to find any positives in this place and somehow.... that got Murdock curious. After a little banter and cell number exchange, the two quickly partnered up, becoming inseparable with time.

There was a breakout. Two inmates escaped in desperation and everything went on lockdown. But the escapees weren't Murdock and Marjani, they were someone else. One pale as snow and the other dark as earth, both being canine mixes. Murdock didn't bother though, he would've been too slow to escape and he wasn't the smartest either.

"Apologies..." The bogsneak interrupted all of a sudden. "I think I may had forgotten the last part. Perhaps I'll just pay with what I have."
( @Catkidemma Hullo, back again with a bab of mine. Though this time leaving you an option to pick your dragon, haha. No need for food, though!)
Kera/Horrorboros, she/her, aroace-spec
Fixating on Rain World and Splatoon
Cookie Run's a dying fixation
3dVLvi.gif 3dVlZc.gif pdvkxwm.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=23466336&skin=0&apparel=7684,15300,15722,22700,22699&xt=dressing.png[/img] "Hmm." [i]I've.. never heard of a prison like that. Nor have I heard of a creature with this... condition. Would giving him food be like harboring a criminal?"[/i] Thunderfly paused. [i]No. We've met plenty of people thus far, and I'm sure that some of them were equally dangerous. Plus, this dragon, while emotionally strained, doesn't seem bad. I wouldn't want to give him more trouble.[/i] "No, it's a lovely enough story. It's hard to have a full story without being near the end of your life. After all, the story never really [i]ends..[/i] It's always continuing. Anyway, ehm.. enjoy your coffee." She gave the bogsneak a faint smile, wondering what thoughts were spiraling through his head after he revisited these old memories. --------------------------- @MissFrills fair enough! ;3
dragon?did=23466336&skin=0&apparel=7684,15300,15722,22700,22699&xt=dressing.png

"Hmm." I've.. never heard of a prison like that. Nor have I heard of a creature with this... condition. Would giving him food be like harboring a criminal?" Thunderfly paused.

No. We've met plenty of people thus far, and I'm sure that some of them were equally dangerous. Plus, this dragon, while emotionally strained, doesn't seem bad. I wouldn't want to give him more trouble.

"No, it's a lovely enough story. It's hard to have a full story without being near the end of your life. After all, the story never really ends.. It's always continuing. Anyway, ehm.. enjoy your coffee." She gave the bogsneak a faint smile, wondering what thoughts were spiraling through his head after he revisited these old memories.

@MissFrills fair enough! ;3
another nervous bump
another nervous bump
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29641148] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296412/29641148_350.png[/img] [/url] (choose whatever dragon you want) A pink bogsneak skipped her way through the doors, her tail thumping against the fllor like an excited dog. Her lips pulled back into a bright smile. The scent of cinnamon and other baking items filled her senses making her stomach growl loudly. Puzzle made her way to a seat, her body flopping onto it. Her gaze landed on the dragon before her, speaking before they had a chance. "Hiya! My name is Puzzle and Im starving! My friend told me about this place and Im willing to tell a story, just bring me anything to eat! It doesn't matter what...." Her voice became softer at the end, her cheeks turning red with embarrassment at her outburst. Her figure slumped into her seat, making herself as small as she could. "H-how bout I j-just tell you the story...." [center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center] "Do you know how much a pohip weighs?" Puzzle paused, picturing her reflection in the water below her asking her how much a pohip weighed. "Enough to break the ice. Hello! I'm Puzzle." Puzzle frowned and swiped at the wobbly image of herself with one paw. That would never work. Shey already knew who she was. What was the point of introducing herself a second time? The bogsneak set her jaw and wracked her brain for a better pick up line. Her long pink tail absently thumped the grass beneath her with each passing second she stared at her reflection in contemplation. "Gosh, how do you stand it?" She finally asked her watery self in frustration. "I can't stand not being with her. Me without her is like a pearlcatcher without their pearl! It's like a I'm the peanut butter and she's the jelly and there's no bread to hold us together. It's like... a sentencewithoutspaces..." "What's like a sentence without spaces?" The crest on top of Puzzle's head flared up in surprise as she quickly tried to stand up and face the voice's owner. Instead, she tripped over a loose stone and rolled awkwardly into the shallow pond she had been staring into. She shook her head to clear away the pond muck that had been stirred up onto her snout during her tumble and stared up in embarassment at the one who had spoken to her. "S-shey!" Puzzle's crest flattened and her wings drooped shamefully into the water. "I didn't... I mean... I just... You scared me, is all. N-not that that's a bad thing! I mean, I guess it technically is? B-but it's okay! I'm not mad. I... could never be mad at you..." Shey tilted her head to one side and chuckled. This made Puzzle smile. At least she could make Shey laugh if nothing else. "Are you alright? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?" "N-no. But even if I did, I wouldn't mind! Because... because..." Puzzle stopped. She wanted to say 'because I love you', but the words wouldn't come out. Shey waited patiently for the bogsneak to finish her sentence, but, rather than continue with what she was saying, Puzzle stood up and fled into the brush lining one side of the pond. Puzzle continued to run. She ran for what seemeed like hours until her legs would carry her no more and she collapsed into a puddle created from the water rolling off of her sides. She let he head slump to the dirt with a defeated thud and stared listlessly into the horizon. There, she lay motionless, watching the red sun set and be replaced by the moon and stars. "Puzzle?" The voice was familiar, but it didn't belong to Shey. She heard Floe's delicate wings flutter as he settled down beside her. He wouldn't say anything, she knew. The fae always waited for her to open up on her on time. Tearing her eyes away from the starry heavens, she looked over at the pale fae. "I screwed up again, Floe. I had the chance to tell her how I felt and I blew it. Not only that, but I totally made myself look like a fool by falling in the pond!" "That's okay," was all Floe said at first. His large pink eyes locked with hers for a moment before rolling to look up at the sky. "It didn't happen this time, but there will be another chance. When that time comes, I'm sure you'll be able to tell her how you feel." "That's what you always say!" Puzzle frowned and rolled onto her back. "But you're right. There always is a next time. I'll get another chance. I have to, and when it does come around... I'll be ready. Maybe I could make her a present..." "What will you make her?" "I... I don't know. A doll? No. A sweater? No, that's dumb. She's covered in fur. Why would she need a sweater?" Puzzle sighed at the stars as she thought, her tail absently thumping up and down against the grass. "Oh! I know! I'll make her a bag!" "A bag?" Floe looked back at her curiously. "Yeah!" Puzzle declared radiantly. "She delivers orders from her bakery herself and she only ever has that burlap sack to carry things in. I'll make her a proper bag. One that's easier to carry and can transport her goods in a safer manner!" "That's a good idea." Floe nodded his approval. "Do you know anything about making bags?" Puzzle lifted a paw as if to answer, then awkwardly dropped it again. "Eh.... No," she admitted. "But I can try!" The fae laughed musically and rolled onto his own back. "Lucky for you, we fae dragons are natural born weavers. I'll help you make Shey a new bag... on one condition." "And what's that?" Puzzle looked suspiciously at Floe out of the corner of her eye. "You have to give it to her yourself. No more hiding your gifts from her. Even if it's just a friendly gesture rather than an affectionate one, that's where it all starts. It will show Shey that you care. One step at a time." Puzzle gulped nervously at the thought of handing the bag over to Shey. She had made the tundra many gifts in the past, but none of them had made it to their target. The back of the bogsneak's lair was full of would-be presents left to gather dust. "O-okay..." she managed. This time, it would be different. This time, she would give her gift to Shey. After all, it was just as Floe said: one step at a time. ((@Catkidemma. Hope you like it))

29641148_350.png

(choose whatever dragon you want)

A pink bogsneak skipped her way through the doors, her tail thumping against the fllor like an excited dog. Her lips pulled back into a bright smile. The scent of cinnamon and other baking items filled her senses making her stomach growl loudly.

Puzzle made her way to a seat, her body flopping onto it. Her gaze landed on the dragon before her, speaking before they had a chance.
"Hiya! My name is Puzzle and Im starving! My friend told me about this place and Im willing to tell a story, just bring me anything to eat! It doesn't matter what...."

Her voice became softer at the end, her cheeks turning red with embarrassment at her outburst. Her figure slumped into her seat, making herself as small as she could.
"H-how bout I j-just tell you the story...."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Do you know how much a pohip weighs?" Puzzle paused, picturing her reflection in the water below her asking her how much a pohip weighed. "Enough to break the ice. Hello! I'm Puzzle."

Puzzle frowned and swiped at the wobbly image of herself with one paw. That would never work. Shey already knew who she was. What was the point of introducing herself a second time? The bogsneak set her jaw and wracked her brain for a better pick up line. Her long pink tail absently thumped the grass beneath her with each passing second she stared at her reflection in contemplation.

"Gosh, how do you stand it?" She finally asked her watery self in frustration. "I can't stand not being with her. Me without her is like a pearlcatcher without their pearl! It's like a I'm the peanut butter and she's the jelly and there's no bread to hold us together. It's like... a sentencewithoutspaces..."

"What's like a sentence without spaces?"

The crest on top of Puzzle's head flared up in surprise as she quickly tried to stand up and face the voice's owner. Instead, she tripped over a loose stone and rolled awkwardly into the shallow pond she had been staring into. She shook her head to clear away the pond muck that had been stirred up onto her snout during her tumble and stared up in embarassment at the one who had spoken to her.

"S-shey!" Puzzle's crest flattened and her wings drooped shamefully into the water. "I didn't... I mean... I just... You scared me, is all. N-not that that's a bad thing! I mean, I guess it technically is? B-but it's okay! I'm not mad. I... could never be mad at you..."

Shey tilted her head to one side and chuckled. This made Puzzle smile. At least she could make Shey laugh if nothing else. "Are you alright? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?"

"N-no. But even if I did, I wouldn't mind! Because... because..." Puzzle stopped. She wanted to say 'because I love you', but the words wouldn't come out. Shey waited patiently for the bogsneak to finish her sentence, but, rather than continue with what she was saying, Puzzle stood up and fled into the brush lining one side of the pond.

Puzzle continued to run. She ran for what seemeed like hours until her legs would carry her no more and she collapsed into a puddle created from the water rolling off of her sides. She let he head slump to the dirt with a defeated thud and stared listlessly into the horizon. There, she lay motionless, watching the red sun set and be replaced by the moon and stars.

"Puzzle?" The voice was familiar, but it didn't belong to Shey.

She heard Floe's delicate wings flutter as he settled down beside her. He wouldn't say anything, she knew. The fae always waited for her to open up on her on time. Tearing her eyes away from the starry heavens, she looked over at the pale fae. "I screwed up again, Floe. I had the chance to tell her how I felt and I blew it. Not only that, but I totally made myself look like a fool by falling in the pond!"

"That's okay," was all Floe said at first. His large pink eyes locked with hers for a moment before rolling to look up at the sky. "It didn't happen this time, but there will be another chance. When that time comes, I'm sure you'll be able to tell her how you feel."

"That's what you always say!" Puzzle frowned and rolled onto her back. "But you're right. There always is a next time. I'll get another chance. I have to, and when it does come around... I'll be ready. Maybe I could make her a present..."
"What will you make her?"

"I... I don't know. A doll? No. A sweater? No, that's dumb. She's covered in fur. Why would she need a sweater?" Puzzle sighed at the stars as she thought, her tail absently thumping up and down against the grass. "Oh! I know! I'll make her a bag!"

"A bag?" Floe looked back at her curiously.

"Yeah!" Puzzle declared radiantly. "She delivers orders from her bakery herself and she only ever has that burlap sack to carry things in. I'll make her a proper bag. One that's easier to carry and can transport her goods in a safer manner!"
"That's a good idea." Floe nodded his approval. "Do you know anything about making bags?"

Puzzle lifted a paw as if to answer, then awkwardly dropped it again. "Eh.... No," she admitted. "But I can try!"

The fae laughed musically and rolled onto his own back. "Lucky for you, we fae dragons are natural born weavers. I'll help you make Shey a new bag... on one condition."

"And what's that?" Puzzle looked suspiciously at Floe out of the corner of her eye.

"You have to give it to her yourself. No more hiding your gifts from her. Even if it's just a friendly gesture rather than an affectionate one, that's where it all starts. It will show Shey that you care. One step at a time."

Puzzle gulped nervously at the thought of handing the bag over to Shey. She had made the tundra many gifts in the past, but none of them had made it to their target. The back of the bogsneak's lair was full of would-be presents left to gather dust.

"O-okay..." she managed. This time, it would be different. This time, she would give her gift to Shey. After all, it was just as Floe said: one step at a time.

((@Catkidemma. Hope you like it))
r7LsxK2.png
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/416024247992057867/529756786908200971/43959189_350.png[/img] Vellichor, personally, had never experienced romance. She's a rather peaceful soul, but her emotions are rather.. toned down. So, it makes sense she wouldn't experience love at all. Stories like this make her wish she could, though.. for the longest time, she read romance novels, hoping to learn how to feel it. Alas, to no avail. "That.. was adorable." She leaned up to Puzzle and ended up booping noses. With a soft laugh, she chirped, "You're gonna need ta work on that." With a kind, relaxed smile, she rushed to get the Bogsneak the food she rightfully earned. --------------------- @MissFrills sorry for the late response! Life's been very hectic and while I usually get a break to write, I had a lot of backlogged work to do~ Im not an avid romance writer, but I hecking love this because its a d o r a b l e
43959189_350.png

Vellichor, personally, had never experienced romance. She's a rather peaceful soul, but her emotions are rather.. toned down. So, it makes sense she wouldn't experience love at all. Stories like this make her wish she could, though.. for the longest time, she read romance novels, hoping to learn how to feel it. Alas, to no avail.

"That.. was adorable." She leaned up to Puzzle and ended up booping noses. With a soft laugh, she chirped,

"You're gonna need ta work on that." With a kind, relaxed smile, she rushed to get the Bogsneak the food she rightfully earned.

@MissFrills sorry for the late response! Life's been very hectic and while I usually get a break to write, I had a lot of backlogged work to do~

Im not an avid romance writer, but I hecking love this because its a d o r a b l e
@Catkidemma
I feel like you got me confused with someone else XD
But Im really glad you like it, I just love the thought of her trying to confess her feelings to shey and I have many stories about it!
Oh! And don't worry about the late reply, im just glad you liked it....
@Catkidemma
I feel like you got me confused with someone else XD
But Im really glad you like it, I just love the thought of her trying to confess her feelings to shey and I have many stories about it!
Oh! And don't worry about the late reply, im just glad you liked it....
r7LsxK2.png
@LostDreamer ...GOD DAMIT. I'm so tired, I can't even XD

I meant you, yeah. Also my friend has a million failed confessions and flop conversations under his belt, so I can understand that XD
@LostDreamer ...GOD DAMIT. I'm so tired, I can't even XD

I meant you, yeah. Also my friend has a million failed confessions and flop conversations under his belt, so I can understand that XD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8