Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Fallen Ones - A Nuzlocke
[quote=Info]Joining @/Kaial in their egglocke so this thread will be setup extremely similar! This is the planning page/area for my first egglocke/nuzlocke, which will officially start the day lair tabs and hibernation are implemented onsite. While the new tabs and features are still being worked on I'll be somewhat active on this story and trying to build up the characters and world they live in! Celestia will live by locke rules minus the exalting part. This is my first nuzlocke and big writing project so please be patient with me! Name is also up for change if I feel like it needs to be![/quote] [quote=Chapter Index] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2588753#post_36734837]Prologue: The Forgotten[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2588753/1#post_37079292]Prologue: The Discarded[/url] [/quote]
Info wrote:
Joining @/Kaial in their egglocke so this thread will be setup extremely similar! This is the planning page/area for my first egglocke/nuzlocke, which will officially start the day lair tabs and hibernation are implemented onsite.

While the new tabs and features are still being worked on I'll be somewhat active on this story and trying to build up the characters and world they live in! Celestia will live by locke rules minus the exalting part.

This is my first nuzlocke and big writing project so please be patient with me! Name is also up for change if I feel like it needs to be!
[quote=Rules (Modified)] Borrowing the rules from @/Kaial! Have a couple of others I will add to my run as well! 1. [b]You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25.[/b] This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. 2.[s][b] You can only buy one egg a month.[/b][/s] Self-imposed difficulty increase. I can only find eggs. No buying for the 'locke. I can use [b]1[/b] egg from storage if I genuinely cannot get one from coli. (Gifts will be accepted, but please don't send me any if my lair is full!) 3. [b]You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.[/b] 4. [b]You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.[/b] If funds are low/saved for something else, I can put off giving them genes right away. They MUST have at least 2 of their genes before 25 unless something serious comes up! 5.[b] For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.[/b] 6. [s][b]You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.[/b][/s] [sub](Addendum: I will not be doing this unless lair tabs introduce separate food stores.)[/sub] 7. [b]If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.[/b] [sub](Addendum: If someone is genuinely interested in one of the "dead" dragons they will be giving/raffled away for free! There can and will be some excepts so I can still have fun with this. Our "progen" will NOT be traded/sold/exalted!)[/sub] [u]Nests[/u] 1. For every hatchling, flip a coin. 2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt. 3. If heads, you have a survivor. 4. Kai's Rule: Dragons must be level 15 or older to breed, and must have lore reasons for doing so. [sub][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1150203/1]Source.[/url] [/quote] [quote=Additional Info] Excitingly enough, I might be co-nuzlocking with some friends! This means there will be shared lore, and possibly dragon swaps between the other extremely cut-off clans. I can't say more on that until I know more and we can actually [i]start[/i], for obvious reasons, but this should add an extra level of fun to the whole thing.[/quote] [quote=If you want to help:] [LIST] [*]I kindly ask that you don't donate dragons to me without asking first. My lair is fairly full at all times and writing new characters is kinda hard for me so please ask before "donating" a dragon that might die! [*]While I [s]hate[/s] love RNG on here, I'd rather focus on working on a few characters rather than a whole ton of them. So egg hatchings might not happen a lot if the main "3" are still alive and have more to be written about them. [*]As Kai has said in their thread the absolute best thing to donate would be battle stones, especially rallies, hastes, and eliminates. RIP at the prices. -I do have more than enough of Ambushes and Berserks so please don't donate them unless this is changed to say so! [/LIST][/quote]
Rules (Modified) wrote:
Borrowing the rules from @/Kaial! Have a couple of others I will add to my run as well!

1. You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult.
2. You can only buy one egg a month. Self-imposed difficulty increase. I can only find eggs. No buying for the 'locke. I can use 1 egg from storage if I genuinely cannot get one from coli. (Gifts will be accepted, but please don't send me any if my lair is full!)
3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20. If funds are low/saved for something else, I can put off giving them genes right away. They MUST have at least 2 of their genes before 25 unless something serious comes up!
5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.
6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.
(Addendum: I will not be doing this unless lair tabs introduce separate food stores.)
7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.
(Addendum: If someone is genuinely interested in one of the "dead" dragons they will be giving/raffled away for free! There can and will be some excepts so I can still have fun with this. Our "progen" will NOT be traded/sold/exalted!)

Nests
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
3. If heads, you have a survivor.
4. Kai's Rule: Dragons must be level 15 or older to breed, and must have lore reasons for doing so.

Source.
Additional Info wrote:
Excitingly enough, I might be co-nuzlocking with some friends! This means there will be shared lore, and possibly dragon swaps between the other extremely cut-off clans.
I can't say more on that until I know more and we can actually start, for obvious reasons, but this should add an extra level of fun to the whole thing.
If you want to help: wrote:
  • I kindly ask that you don't donate dragons to me without asking first. My lair is fairly full at all times and writing new characters is kinda hard for me so please ask before "donating" a dragon that might die!
  • While I hate love RNG on here, I'd rather focus on working on a few characters rather than a whole ton of them. So egg hatchings might not happen a lot if the main "3" are still alive and have more to be written about them.
  • As Kai has said in their thread the absolute best thing to donate would be battle stones, especially rallies, hastes, and eliminates. RIP at the prices.
    -I do have more than enough of Ambushes and Berserks so please don't donate them unless this is changed to say so!
[i][b]Pinglist for updates and so on is here so feel free to request to be on it! I am subbed but you can ping me as well![/b][/i] [quote=Pinglist]Probably nobody here :P[/quote]
Pinglist for updates and so on is here so feel free to request to be on it!
I am subbed but you can ping me as well!

Pinglist wrote:
Probably nobody here :P
[center][u][b]The Progen of this Tale[/b][/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43433038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434331/43433038_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Celestia[/b] [u][b]Other "Clanmates"[/b][/u] [[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47933628][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479337/47933628p.png[/img][/url] [b]Aurin[/b] [/center]
The Progen of this Tale

43433038_350.png

Celestia

Other "Clanmates"

[47933628p.png
Aurin

Prologue: The Forgotten

She arose from darkness. Her body aching, and her head... searing? It felt like she had awoken from a long slumber, the only thing that she recalled the moment was her own name, Celestia.
She did not know where she was, or if she was even still alive. Her vision was hazy but she could tell that nothing was familiar. The land was different, barren and dry, unlike the places she knew before. Taking a deep breath, she stood hesitantly as her body protested in pain. She could sense that dusk was approaching and then she needed to hide. Quickly.

Celestia was becoming very familiar with her immediate surroundings as she recovered her strength. At first she only hunted small game that would cross her path unwittingly. As her strength return bigger game became an option but also longer hunts. It was on one of these hunts that she encountered another dragon. The encounter was quick, but friendly. They gifted her a shawl and a jacket, and with few words exchanged, left without a second of hesitation. Things could have been hostile but there was hope. She would survive.

Finding water had been the most difficult element about surviving. What little she did find, she stored in jars that she had gathered that were not broken or cracked. But it was never enough. In the dawn and dusk she dugout a hollow in the side of a cliff wall. High enough to not be seen easily from the ground, but low enough to not be seen by flyers, and out of view of anything else thanks to it's location. There was a chance that it could have to be abandoned at any moment, but a place that is safe to rest and maybe even live, was worth the effort.

There were creatures at all hours of the day and night that she had to be wary of. From even the smallest pest to the largest Roc, she was on guard at almost every moment. She had to survive. She MUST survive. Celestia took a deep breath and took to the air before the sun broke on the horizon. She needed to hunt, to store food. That morning seemed especially important unbeknownst to her.
Prologue: The Forgotten

She arose from darkness. Her body aching, and her head... searing? It felt like she had awoken from a long slumber, the only thing that she recalled the moment was her own name, Celestia.
She did not know where she was, or if she was even still alive. Her vision was hazy but she could tell that nothing was familiar. The land was different, barren and dry, unlike the places she knew before. Taking a deep breath, she stood hesitantly as her body protested in pain. She could sense that dusk was approaching and then she needed to hide. Quickly.

Celestia was becoming very familiar with her immediate surroundings as she recovered her strength. At first she only hunted small game that would cross her path unwittingly. As her strength return bigger game became an option but also longer hunts. It was on one of these hunts that she encountered another dragon. The encounter was quick, but friendly. They gifted her a shawl and a jacket, and with few words exchanged, left without a second of hesitation. Things could have been hostile but there was hope. She would survive.

Finding water had been the most difficult element about surviving. What little she did find, she stored in jars that she had gathered that were not broken or cracked. But it was never enough. In the dawn and dusk she dugout a hollow in the side of a cliff wall. High enough to not be seen easily from the ground, but low enough to not be seen by flyers, and out of view of anything else thanks to it's location. There was a chance that it could have to be abandoned at any moment, but a place that is safe to rest and maybe even live, was worth the effort.

There were creatures at all hours of the day and night that she had to be wary of. From even the smallest pest to the largest Roc, she was on guard at almost every moment. She had to survive. She MUST survive. Celestia took a deep breath and took to the air before the sun broke on the horizon. She needed to hunt, to store food. That morning seemed especially important unbeknownst to her.
Prologue: The Discarded

She didn't even need to land to smell the blood in the air. The smell of scorched earth and steel. Landing, she could not see or hear anymore signs of life in this area. There was a fight, no, a slaughter here. Hesitantly, Celestia picked her way through the carnage. Where life had been lost, she could try to salvage items that would help her in this new way of life. A pair of gauntlets and an ice pick in need of a new rope were the only things that were among the items left behind.

It was just before take off that she noticed a heat signature. There had been none a moment before. Whatever it was, it was weak and barely moving. She approached with caution, ready to take flight in a single leap. The signature was coming from the thick underbrush, untouched by the fight. Cautiously, she pulled back some of the branches to reveal a small Pearlcatcher hatchling, barely old enough to talk. The hatchling was clutching onto a strange purple, almost sphere-like object as if it was more important to them than anything else. It was young and weak, easy prey for anything other than her, and the hatchling had been injured at some point. Celestia knew what she had to do. They would survive.

It had been a fortnight since the hatchling was found. Celestia took great care in nursing him back to health but even then the hatchling was weak. When she had first brought them back, he would not let go of the object. It was strange, it was as if they were treating it like it was their own pearl rather than... Whatever it was. She had asked what had happened once they seemed to start trusting her, but all she got was crying in response.

That was until tonight. She was about to put them to bed when his tiny voice spoke up.

"...My... My name is Aurin..." This was the first time he spoke to her. Aurin shifted and looked down as he sat in his bed. "They... They were taken..." He sniffled. "And they... My pearl...." This seemed to be the tipping point, as he started crying once again.

It was easier to calm him down now that she could call him by his name. Holding him till he slept was the least she could do at this point.

She would attempt to find the crossroads soon to find more information. But that would have to wait till the 'morrow.
Prologue: The Discarded

She didn't even need to land to smell the blood in the air. The smell of scorched earth and steel. Landing, she could not see or hear anymore signs of life in this area. There was a fight, no, a slaughter here. Hesitantly, Celestia picked her way through the carnage. Where life had been lost, she could try to salvage items that would help her in this new way of life. A pair of gauntlets and an ice pick in need of a new rope were the only things that were among the items left behind.

It was just before take off that she noticed a heat signature. There had been none a moment before. Whatever it was, it was weak and barely moving. She approached with caution, ready to take flight in a single leap. The signature was coming from the thick underbrush, untouched by the fight. Cautiously, she pulled back some of the branches to reveal a small Pearlcatcher hatchling, barely old enough to talk. The hatchling was clutching onto a strange purple, almost sphere-like object as if it was more important to them than anything else. It was young and weak, easy prey for anything other than her, and the hatchling had been injured at some point. Celestia knew what she had to do. They would survive.

It had been a fortnight since the hatchling was found. Celestia took great care in nursing him back to health but even then the hatchling was weak. When she had first brought them back, he would not let go of the object. It was strange, it was as if they were treating it like it was their own pearl rather than... Whatever it was. She had asked what had happened once they seemed to start trusting her, but all she got was crying in response.

That was until tonight. She was about to put them to bed when his tiny voice spoke up.

"...My... My name is Aurin..." This was the first time he spoke to her. Aurin shifted and looked down as he sat in his bed. "They... They were taken..." He sniffled. "And they... My pearl...." This seemed to be the tipping point, as he started crying once again.

It was easier to calm him down now that she could call him by his name. Holding him till he slept was the least she could do at this point.

She would attempt to find the crossroads soon to find more information. But that would have to wait till the 'morrow.
@LunaSilverWolf Hello!! Could I be on a pinglist if you still continue this project please? (or if you're still adding ppl on pinglist ofc!)
@LunaSilverWolf Hello!! Could I be on a pinglist if you still continue this project please? (or if you're still adding ppl on pinglist ofc!)
[still editing signature]