Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Want some art critique?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Hello! :D

Do you need some help with what you could improve in your art?
Then you've come to the right spot c:

Just post your art here, and I'll come with some critique (please ping me; I am not subscribed!)

If you have something specific you want me to focus on, please say so, or if you know something is wrong so I don't need to comment on ^^

I am friendly in my critique, and will look at all skill-levels :D

Also: Please only post 1 or 2 pieces of art at a time c:

EDIT: It may take (a long) time before i respond - thank you for your patience c:
Hello! :D

Do you need some help with what you could improve in your art?
Then you've come to the right spot c:

Just post your art here, and I'll come with some critique (please ping me; I am not subscribed!)

If you have something specific you want me to focus on, please say so, or if you know something is wrong so I don't need to comment on ^^

I am friendly in my critique, and will look at all skill-levels :D

Also: Please only post 1 or 2 pieces of art at a time c:

EDIT: It may take (a long) time before i respond - thank you for your patience c:
underskrift-geo.png
I can also give my opinion on what you should sell your art/adopts for ^^

If you're feeling especially grateful and generous, i could always use familiars either for baldwin fodder or the ones I'm missing :3
I can also give my opinion on what you should sell your art/adopts for ^^

If you're feeling especially grateful and generous, i could always use familiars either for baldwin fodder or the ones I'm missing :3
underskrift-geo.png
boi yes i would love this,,, thanks for the opportunity!

http://imgur.com/a/IAC3l40

i did this mainly to practice size difference and posing, if you could let me know what you think of it that would be great :>
boi yes i would love this,,, thanks for the opportunity!

http://imgur.com/a/IAC3l40

i did this mainly to practice size difference and posing, if you could let me know what you think of it that would be great :>
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
@cordifolium
I would love some tips to make my art better-looking!
I’m trying comic-like texure but it keeps turning out to be something like this n7vr7.png or this (whit humans (verry quick scetch)) m7xo2s.png

I hope you can help me with some tips!
@cordifolium
I would love some tips to make my art better-looking!
I’m trying comic-like texure but it keeps turning out to be something like this n7vr7.png or this (whit humans (verry quick scetch)) m7xo2s.png

I hope you can help me with some tips!
rolz5s9.png
HJLIYn4.png
@chantric

First off: Great linework, it doesn't look "choppy" or what to call it :D

As for the sizing: I don't know how big the breeds actually are in FR, but i would say it looks fine. But If you are going for a skewed power-dynamic (which it looks like), then I would actually suggest making the skydancer bigger, or playing with the perspective to add to the "overpowering" feel

As for posing: I like the feel of it, however i would push it bit more. I think it would suit the piece better if the skydancer was looking at the pearlcatcher directly to assert their dominance (though the sneering look is perfect as is!) Another thing I would recommend is making it a bit more obvious where the tail is comming from, as i thought it was the wing-finger/claw that wrapped around their jaw, until i looked really closely. Personally I also think the wing placement on the pearlcatcher is a bit awkward with it being in front of the skydancer - i would fold it up so it's smaller in the frame :)

Hope that helps! :D Let me know if you want my advice on something else c:
@chantric

First off: Great linework, it doesn't look "choppy" or what to call it :D

As for the sizing: I don't know how big the breeds actually are in FR, but i would say it looks fine. But If you are going for a skewed power-dynamic (which it looks like), then I would actually suggest making the skydancer bigger, or playing with the perspective to add to the "overpowering" feel

As for posing: I like the feel of it, however i would push it bit more. I think it would suit the piece better if the skydancer was looking at the pearlcatcher directly to assert their dominance (though the sneering look is perfect as is!) Another thing I would recommend is making it a bit more obvious where the tail is comming from, as i thought it was the wing-finger/claw that wrapped around their jaw, until i looked really closely. Personally I also think the wing placement on the pearlcatcher is a bit awkward with it being in front of the skydancer - i would fold it up so it's smaller in the frame :)

Hope that helps! :D Let me know if you want my advice on something else c:
underskrift-geo.png
@Leafpelt26 That coatl is so cute! ^v^ Hmmm... I don't have that much experience with textures in general, but my advice would be to focus on the basics before trying out more "advanced" techniques if you want your art to improve/look better. I would say that you are already on a very good path! Your lines are clean, and your drawings doesn't look flat. To make it more appealing, I would skip the background and just make the picture transparent - In my opinion backgrounds should only be added if they have something to say/add to the picture (but I don't think everyone would agree with me) You can also make your art more appealing by coloring the outlines to match what's inside - so make the outline of the hat a dark brown and so on. I also think you would benefit from trying out drawing full and half bodies, the earlier you start with stuff like that, the better :) On the second drawing/sketch: I would suggest looking up a few tutorials on how to draw faces. It's great that you have the construction lines, so i can see your thought process, but it kinda looks like you don't know how to use them? ^^ The lines across the face are first off to create 3dimseonality ((dementions? oh god what is english even??)) - so to make it appear like it is 3d instead of a flat drawing on some paper/a screen. They also help you by guiding where the face should be in relation to each other. Generally you would put the middle of the eyes in the middle of the line C: Like this: [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4KfmA6cEpU0/maxresdefault.jpg[/img] Noses can be very hard to draw yeah! i would recommend watching this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SwOcKFMStg Hope this helps! :D Let me know if i can help you with anything else c:
@Leafpelt26

That coatl is so cute! ^v^ Hmmm... I don't have that much experience with textures in general, but my advice would be to focus on the basics before trying out more "advanced" techniques if you want your art to improve/look better. I would say that you are already on a very good path! Your lines are clean, and your drawings doesn't look flat. To make it more appealing, I would skip the background and just make the picture transparent - In my opinion backgrounds should only be added if they have something to say/add to the picture (but I don't think everyone would agree with me)
You can also make your art more appealing by coloring the outlines to match what's inside - so make the outline of the hat a dark brown and so on.

I also think you would benefit from trying out drawing full and half bodies, the earlier you start with stuff like that, the better :)

On the second drawing/sketch: I would suggest looking up a few tutorials on how to draw faces. It's great that you have the construction lines, so i can see your thought process, but it kinda looks like you don't know how to use them? ^^ The lines across the face are first off to create 3dimseonality ((dementions? oh god what is english even??)) - so to make it appear like it is 3d instead of a flat drawing on some paper/a screen. They also help you by guiding where the face should be in relation to each other. Generally you would put the middle of the eyes in the middle of the line C:
Like this: maxresdefault.jpg

Noses can be very hard to draw yeah! i would recommend watching this :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SwOcKFMStg

Hope this helps! :D Let me know if i can help you with anything else c:
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium draw the skydancer t-posing, got it.

i believe canonically, pearlcatchers are bigger but i'm going to breed change this skydancer from a guardian, that way the size is reasonable.
and thank you for letting me know about the tail and the wing, i'll keep that in mind!
your advice is super helpful, thanks again!!
@cordifolium draw the skydancer t-posing, got it.

i believe canonically, pearlcatchers are bigger but i'm going to breed change this skydancer from a guardian, that way the size is reasonable.
and thank you for letting me know about the tail and the wing, i'll keep that in mind!
your advice is super helpful, thanks again!!
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
@ chantric

HAH LOL XD

Glad i could be of help~ c:
@ chantric

HAH LOL XD

Glad i could be of help~ c:
underskrift-geo.png
@leafpelt26 oh i'd like to add something! the coatls feathers look more like leaves. i'm not sure if that was on purpose or not but i would suggest maybe some tutorials, or looking up pictures on what feathers look like.

also, i really like these shading tips. they're neat for people learning how to make their shading a little more in-depth. although once you're comfy with it i would definitely suggest expirimenting futher, since shading has no set rules.

edit: oh! and if i'm thinking correctly when you say "comic style," often the shading isn't blended. look up cell shading (i at least think that may be it)
@leafpelt26 oh i'd like to add something! the coatls feathers look more like leaves. i'm not sure if that was on purpose or not but i would suggest maybe some tutorials, or looking up pictures on what feathers look like.

also, i really like these shading tips. they're neat for people learning how to make their shading a little more in-depth. although once you're comfy with it i would definitely suggest expirimenting futher, since shading has no set rules.

edit: oh! and if i'm thinking correctly when you say "comic style," often the shading isn't blended. look up cell shading (i at least think that may be it)
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
Hello! I'd love some criticism for my art: [img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1906/44151460245_c0f4a33b61_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/852/42940708184_d78451b215_n.jpg[/img] More [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/157939262@N07/albums]here[/url].
Hello! I'd love some criticism for my art:
44151460245_c0f4a33b61_n.jpg
42940708184_d78451b215_n.jpg
More here.
tumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif573Ze2b.giftumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14