Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 62 63
@Kosaa

I'll add you! And I'll see if I can't whip up a little entry for today~
@Kosaa

I'll add you! And I'll see if I can't whip up a little entry for today~
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Triage

Solveig’s hands moved so carefully just above the wound. A delicate, almost imperceptible light emanated from their claws, weaving through the tattered, raw flesh and knitting it together.

Edan watched, fascinated. Admiring, really; he’d never managed to learn healing magic, in spite of his best efforts. The pearlcatcher did so beautifully, as if it was natural to them.

The skydancer had remained unconscious throughout their work, which was a blessing. He hated to imagine how painful it would have been. He’d draped his scarf, alongside the few other rags he’d had on, over her to just to try to keep her alive while they’d waited. But she was still cold to the touch. The little pearlcatcher hatchling curled against her provided the best warmth they had; radiating heat, as a fire dragon does. It was definitely the only reason she’d clung on for so long.

For the first time, Solveig reached to touch her, carefully raising the stump of an arm to work on its underside. They’d remained so calm, even in such a grim situation. The word ‘natural’ once more flit through Edan’s mind.

Rorin wasn’t doing so well. He’d busied himself circling the rest of the party under the guise of watching for anything coming for them. It was obvious he was sickened by the sight. Edan wasn’t about to call out his little ruse - the younger mirror needed to get used to seeing things like this, and his fearful little glances were better than nothing at all.

“Edan,” Solveig began quietly, their voice soft and level. “There’s some things I should tell you about.”

“You should be focusing,” Edan replied.

“I am focusing. I can talk at the same time,” Solveig replied simply. “We ran into difficulties today. We weren’t able to do what you asked.”

“Is Ila hurt?”

“No, she’s fine.”

“Then what happened?”

“The most important thing you should know is there is a roc at our house,” Solveig began. “...A friendly one, but moreso toward the nocturnes.”

“Noc - plural. You found someone else?”

“Four.”

“I...” Edan began, before pinching the bridge of his nose and letting out a hissing sigh. “How do you - this never happened until you - ”

“Are you angry at us?”

He paused, shocked more by how blunt the question was than anything else.
“No. I’m just. Baffled. Honestly,” another sigh. “We’ll worry about that later. How are you doing with her?”

“I’m done,” Solveig replied, carefully setting the skydancer’s arm back down and looking over their work. “What do you think happened to them?”

“Don’t know,” Evan shrugged. “It was ripped off, not cut. Could have been anything with the strength for it.”

“Ugh,” Rorin gagged. “I - uh, what do we do now? Are we taking them back with us?”

“Yeah, we can’t leave them out here. They’re easy picking for any scavenger, if the cold doesn’t get them first,” Edan replied.

“But how are we getting them back? Do we have to drag her all the way?”

“No,” Edan shook his head, then dropped his cleaver, dagger, satchels, and everything else but his sword belt. “You both need to carry my stuff, and the kid. I can carry her on my own.”

“Are you su - gods, this is heavy,” Rorin stammered, struggling to lift the items from the ground.

Edan snorted.
“Yea, trust me. Just strap her to my back and I’m set.”

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism

Happy holidays, guys! You can all thank @Kosaa, whose lovely comment motivated me just enough to get an update up today!
Triage

Solveig’s hands moved so carefully just above the wound. A delicate, almost imperceptible light emanated from their claws, weaving through the tattered, raw flesh and knitting it together.

Edan watched, fascinated. Admiring, really; he’d never managed to learn healing magic, in spite of his best efforts. The pearlcatcher did so beautifully, as if it was natural to them.

The skydancer had remained unconscious throughout their work, which was a blessing. He hated to imagine how painful it would have been. He’d draped his scarf, alongside the few other rags he’d had on, over her to just to try to keep her alive while they’d waited. But she was still cold to the touch. The little pearlcatcher hatchling curled against her provided the best warmth they had; radiating heat, as a fire dragon does. It was definitely the only reason she’d clung on for so long.

For the first time, Solveig reached to touch her, carefully raising the stump of an arm to work on its underside. They’d remained so calm, even in such a grim situation. The word ‘natural’ once more flit through Edan’s mind.

Rorin wasn’t doing so well. He’d busied himself circling the rest of the party under the guise of watching for anything coming for them. It was obvious he was sickened by the sight. Edan wasn’t about to call out his little ruse - the younger mirror needed to get used to seeing things like this, and his fearful little glances were better than nothing at all.

“Edan,” Solveig began quietly, their voice soft and level. “There’s some things I should tell you about.”

“You should be focusing,” Edan replied.

“I am focusing. I can talk at the same time,” Solveig replied simply. “We ran into difficulties today. We weren’t able to do what you asked.”

“Is Ila hurt?”

“No, she’s fine.”

“Then what happened?”

“The most important thing you should know is there is a roc at our house,” Solveig began. “...A friendly one, but moreso toward the nocturnes.”

“Noc - plural. You found someone else?”

“Four.”

“I...” Edan began, before pinching the bridge of his nose and letting out a hissing sigh. “How do you - this never happened until you - ”

“Are you angry at us?”

He paused, shocked more by how blunt the question was than anything else.
“No. I’m just. Baffled. Honestly,” another sigh. “We’ll worry about that later. How are you doing with her?”

“I’m done,” Solveig replied, carefully setting the skydancer’s arm back down and looking over their work. “What do you think happened to them?”

“Don’t know,” Evan shrugged. “It was ripped off, not cut. Could have been anything with the strength for it.”

“Ugh,” Rorin gagged. “I - uh, what do we do now? Are we taking them back with us?”

“Yeah, we can’t leave them out here. They’re easy picking for any scavenger, if the cold doesn’t get them first,” Edan replied.

“But how are we getting them back? Do we have to drag her all the way?”

“No,” Edan shook his head, then dropped his cleaver, dagger, satchels, and everything else but his sword belt. “You both need to carry my stuff, and the kid. I can carry her on my own.”

“Are you su - gods, this is heavy,” Rorin stammered, struggling to lift the items from the ground.

Edan snorted.
“Yea, trust me. Just strap her to my back and I’m set.”

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism

Happy holidays, guys! You can all thank @Kosaa, whose lovely comment motivated me just enough to get an update up today!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Oh and I JUST got this after posting the entry but look at this amazing picture that @tiguidou did for me as a gift! ;A; [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/61af1c13-82c0-4498-85d3-1b81675eee71/dcvc8ti-5a30b138-c2d0-495a-acc1-b47b40bf548f.png[/img]
Oh and I JUST got this after posting the entry but look at this amazing picture that @tiguidou did for me as a gift! ;A;

dcvc8ti-5a30b138-c2d0-495a-acc1-b47b40bf548f.png
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Farwalker

Merry Christmas! <3
@Farwalker

Merry Christmas! <3
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
aaaaa big love here

i'm glad i could motivate you! i just finished reading arcane exile last night and let me tell you man i had a MIGHTY need for more. you've actually inspired me to re-start my lore bc i need more
aaaaa big love here

i'm glad i could motivate you! i just finished reading arcane exile last night and let me tell you man i had a MIGHTY need for more. you've actually inspired me to re-start my lore bc i need more
KeHeNkP.jpg
@kosaa

Lore lore lore lorrre

No seriously though, that makes me so happy!
@kosaa

Lore lore lore lorrre

No seriously though, that makes me so happy!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Bridges

The house was full to the brim, and in chaos.

It was almost impossible to even take a step without bumping into another dragon, and the fact that the five hatchlings had started a game of “run like crazy and attempt to get into every single dangerous thing in the vicinity”.

Solveig and Ila had spent the first half hour or so chasing after the gaggle of newcomers, but Edan wound up putting them to work instead, sending them to retrieve wood. The new addition needed to be habitable tonight. He couldn’t handle the tight quarters anymore - and with how things had been going, he couldn’t help but assume they’d be entertaining even more dragons in the near future.

The skydancer - still unconscious - had been left to recover in his bed. There wasn’t any other place to put her, and it wasn’t like he was going to be sleeping anytime soon anyhow.

He had Rorin watch over her and the flock of children, and headed outside to continue building.

He was breaking two of his cardinal rules; going outside - and making so much noise - at night. But it was his only option. That aside, the colossal roc that now stood vigil outside his house would certainly be enough to scare any trouble away. Not that he felt particularly comfortable about it, himself. But he figured if it was going to kill him, it would have already happened.

For hours, they worked. Edan building onto the framework he’d laid, and the siblings hurrying between helping him put together walls and dragging wood from the forest.

They’d reached the wee hours of the morning by the time Edan finally got the new structure to what he considered livable conditions; it wasn’t pretty, but it was sturdy and secure, with a firepit built into the ground, already lighting and warming the place, and a new exit built in. All he had to do was knock down the part of the wall that kept it divided from the rest of his home.

“Alright, Sol, Ila,” he called out to the two exhausted dragons. “You’re done out here - go inside and make sure nobody is in the way when I tear the wall down!”

They nodded, dropped their tools, and headed inside. Edan made his way to the wall and sat beside it, catching his breath for a few brief moments before knocking and calling out: “All good?”

“Yep!” came Ila’s muffled response. “We’re all far from it!”

Edan took his axe in hand and stood, balanced on his hind legs. A deep breath, and then he swung it, cleaving into the wall until he’d created enough of a gash to saw into a proper entryway.

He could hear a few of the hatchlings fussing as he worked, but tried to tune them out. They hated the sound, and were definitely overtired. So was he, but he tried not to let their keening cries get to him.

“Good enough,” he huffed, pulling the debris of the wall outside and leaving them there to deal with later. He couldn’t do any more. The sky was beginning to lighten, and he was so exhausted that his vision had begun to blur. “I’ll sand the doorway down later, fit it... gods damn. I need to lie down.”

Ila gathered up the hatchlings and wrapped them all into the largest blanket they had, holding them fast until their squeaked protests finally faded away and they fell asleep. Blearily, she looked over to Edan.

“You and Sol get some more blankets into the new place before you conk out,” he instructed, before turning to Rorin. “You’re gonna help me move the skydancer over there, okay?”

Rorin nodded, following the fatigued mirror to his bedside. Carefully, he reached out to lift her,

only for her to bolt upright with a shrill hiss and leap over them both, only to lose her balance and land on her side with a pained yelp.

“WHOA! Whoa! Hang on, we’re not going to hurt you - ” Rorin began, reaching toward her once more before Edan yanked him away. A fortunate thing, given she immediately kicked out in his direction.

“Nope. Nope. Back up, back up, back up,” Edan ordered harshly, pushing the younger mirror behind him as he moved away, giving the frenzied dragon space.

The skydancer again moved to sit upright, but failed, and rolled onto her back instead. Amidst everything else, she looked confused, and judging by the movement she made, she’d attempted to brush her mane from her eyes. She looked at what was left of her right arm, and let out a quiet gasp.
“Oh gods - ” she sat up, looking around frantically. “Ciron! Where’s Ciron?”

“Y-your little hatchling?” Rorin asked, pointing toward the corner Ila had settled the hatchlings. “He’s fine, he’s over there on the blanket! See?”

The skydancer shakily got to her feet, staggering over to the blanket pile and kneeling next to it as Ila stepped away, looking over the infant pearlcatcher.

“We found you bleeding out in the forest,” Edan stated, moving toward the skydancer now that she seemed somewhat calmed. “We made the choice to save your life and bring you to our home before you caught your death. Do you have a place to go back to?”

No,” the skydancer replied quickly, turning to look at him with wild eyes. “No... no place safe. They attacked us. I... I feel so wrong...”

“As I said, you lost a lot of blood,” Edan replied. “It’s extremely late, and we all need to rest. Can I trust you tonight? Nobody will stop you from leaving, but it’s not safe out there.”

“I...” the skydancer rubbed her face. “Yes. I’m so tired. I... thank you. Thank you for your help. I’m Saerun.”

“Edan,” the mirror replied with a nod. “We’ll save the rest of the introductions for tomorrow. For now, we have a room ready for you.”

So I don't have a word processor on this computer, and instead write on tumblr to format and spell check my work. This time, I was saving work on notepad and copying over to tumblr.

Somehow, my internet crapping out made me lose EVERYTHING this time, and I only had the bare beginning from notepad. So I had to rewrite the entire thing.

I'm so tired, and my internet keeps breaking!! So I can't grind!! AH WELL

Enjoy this entry. So nice I wrote it twice

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa
Bridges

The house was full to the brim, and in chaos.

It was almost impossible to even take a step without bumping into another dragon, and the fact that the five hatchlings had started a game of “run like crazy and attempt to get into every single dangerous thing in the vicinity”.

Solveig and Ila had spent the first half hour or so chasing after the gaggle of newcomers, but Edan wound up putting them to work instead, sending them to retrieve wood. The new addition needed to be habitable tonight. He couldn’t handle the tight quarters anymore - and with how things had been going, he couldn’t help but assume they’d be entertaining even more dragons in the near future.

The skydancer - still unconscious - had been left to recover in his bed. There wasn’t any other place to put her, and it wasn’t like he was going to be sleeping anytime soon anyhow.

He had Rorin watch over her and the flock of children, and headed outside to continue building.

He was breaking two of his cardinal rules; going outside - and making so much noise - at night. But it was his only option. That aside, the colossal roc that now stood vigil outside his house would certainly be enough to scare any trouble away. Not that he felt particularly comfortable about it, himself. But he figured if it was going to kill him, it would have already happened.

For hours, they worked. Edan building onto the framework he’d laid, and the siblings hurrying between helping him put together walls and dragging wood from the forest.

They’d reached the wee hours of the morning by the time Edan finally got the new structure to what he considered livable conditions; it wasn’t pretty, but it was sturdy and secure, with a firepit built into the ground, already lighting and warming the place, and a new exit built in. All he had to do was knock down the part of the wall that kept it divided from the rest of his home.

“Alright, Sol, Ila,” he called out to the two exhausted dragons. “You’re done out here - go inside and make sure nobody is in the way when I tear the wall down!”

They nodded, dropped their tools, and headed inside. Edan made his way to the wall and sat beside it, catching his breath for a few brief moments before knocking and calling out: “All good?”

“Yep!” came Ila’s muffled response. “We’re all far from it!”

Edan took his axe in hand and stood, balanced on his hind legs. A deep breath, and then he swung it, cleaving into the wall until he’d created enough of a gash to saw into a proper entryway.

He could hear a few of the hatchlings fussing as he worked, but tried to tune them out. They hated the sound, and were definitely overtired. So was he, but he tried not to let their keening cries get to him.

“Good enough,” he huffed, pulling the debris of the wall outside and leaving them there to deal with later. He couldn’t do any more. The sky was beginning to lighten, and he was so exhausted that his vision had begun to blur. “I’ll sand the doorway down later, fit it... gods damn. I need to lie down.”

Ila gathered up the hatchlings and wrapped them all into the largest blanket they had, holding them fast until their squeaked protests finally faded away and they fell asleep. Blearily, she looked over to Edan.

“You and Sol get some more blankets into the new place before you conk out,” he instructed, before turning to Rorin. “You’re gonna help me move the skydancer over there, okay?”

Rorin nodded, following the fatigued mirror to his bedside. Carefully, he reached out to lift her,

only for her to bolt upright with a shrill hiss and leap over them both, only to lose her balance and land on her side with a pained yelp.

“WHOA! Whoa! Hang on, we’re not going to hurt you - ” Rorin began, reaching toward her once more before Edan yanked him away. A fortunate thing, given she immediately kicked out in his direction.

“Nope. Nope. Back up, back up, back up,” Edan ordered harshly, pushing the younger mirror behind him as he moved away, giving the frenzied dragon space.

The skydancer again moved to sit upright, but failed, and rolled onto her back instead. Amidst everything else, she looked confused, and judging by the movement she made, she’d attempted to brush her mane from her eyes. She looked at what was left of her right arm, and let out a quiet gasp.
“Oh gods - ” she sat up, looking around frantically. “Ciron! Where’s Ciron?”

“Y-your little hatchling?” Rorin asked, pointing toward the corner Ila had settled the hatchlings. “He’s fine, he’s over there on the blanket! See?”

The skydancer shakily got to her feet, staggering over to the blanket pile and kneeling next to it as Ila stepped away, looking over the infant pearlcatcher.

“We found you bleeding out in the forest,” Edan stated, moving toward the skydancer now that she seemed somewhat calmed. “We made the choice to save your life and bring you to our home before you caught your death. Do you have a place to go back to?”

No,” the skydancer replied quickly, turning to look at him with wild eyes. “No... no place safe. They attacked us. I... I feel so wrong...”

“As I said, you lost a lot of blood,” Edan replied. “It’s extremely late, and we all need to rest. Can I trust you tonight? Nobody will stop you from leaving, but it’s not safe out there.”

“I...” the skydancer rubbed her face. “Yes. I’m so tired. I... thank you. Thank you for your help. I’m Saerun.”

“Edan,” the mirror replied with a nod. “We’ll save the rest of the introductions for tomorrow. For now, we have a room ready for you.”

So I don't have a word processor on this computer, and instead write on tumblr to format and spell check my work. This time, I was saving work on notepad and copying over to tumblr.

Somehow, my internet crapping out made me lose EVERYTHING this time, and I only had the bare beginning from notepad. So I had to rewrite the entire thing.

I'm so tired, and my internet keeps breaking!! So I can't grind!! AH WELL

Enjoy this entry. So nice I wrote it twice

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
I like this so far! The dialogue and personalities are fun. I'd love to hear a little more of the environment.
I like this so far! The dialogue and personalities are fun. I'd love to hear a little more of the environment.
15gb95M.giftJC1guv.pngw0IsqjS.gif
@Acuarela

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!
You'll be very pleased to know that lore about where Edan lives - and why he lives the way he does - will come up relatively soon in this story. c:
@Acuarela

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!
You'll be very pleased to know that lore about where Edan lives - and why he lives the way he does - will come up relatively soon in this story. c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Great update, sucks you had to write it twice though.
Does NOTN exist in this reality?

There's still more than a week left in NOTN so you have plenty of chances to find even more random babies. Especially since now you have to coli enough to feed tons more people.
Great update, sucks you had to write it twice though.
Does NOTN exist in this reality?

There's still more than a week left in NOTN so you have plenty of chances to find even more random babies. Especially since now you have to coli enough to feed tons more people.
GD7On40.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 62 63