Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 62 63
First Hunt:

The weather outside was unremarkable. Overcast, no wind or fog. Good visibility.

Edan paced back and forth at his house’s entrance, tail lashing anxiously. It’s an ideal day for it, he thought. Can’t really put it off anymore.

Both of the siblings were watching him in mild confusion, unsurprising given he hadn’t spoken a word throughout his pondering. He turned to them both and sat, shoulders straight and expression serious.

“So...” he began, looking between the nocturne and pearlcatcher. “I think... you’re ready.”

Solveig’s mouth opened and closed in a silent ‘oh’. Ila blinked, putting down her sewing needle and staring back silently.
Then a grin spread over her face.

And then, all at once, she was on her feet, bouncing in place before hopping over to him and jumping to and fro in excitement. “Ready? Ready to hunt on our own, you mean? To scavenge?”

“Yes, but - ”

“Oh I knew you’d think so too! I’m so excited! I want to go find more materials and explore and - “ the nocturne continued speaking, seemingly unaware he’d begun to reply.

“Hey! Hold on!” Edan raised his voice, holding a claw aloft. “This is a brief excursion. A test. You are going to the path I showed you both, and are hunting until mid-afternoon. No exploring beyond it, no scavenging. No shortcuts. I need to see you can handle being on your own!”

Ila stopped hopping and wrung her hands sheepishly.

“We’ll be safe, Edan,” Solveig assured, slowly making their way over. “I’ll make sure of it. Promise.”

Edan let out a relieved sigh and nodded, stepping away from the door. “Good. Now, before you get ready, let’s go over the rules one more time.”

“Be silent!” Ila shouted eagerly. “Um, and only go after the small creatures.”

“Right, and?” Edan prompted.

“If we see something that looks draconic, run,” Solveig finished.

“Exactly,” the mirror nodded. “Now go get packed up, and be safe.”

“Oh, oh!” Ila dashed to her corner of the room, rifling through her things and throwing on the backpack she’d made herself.
She continued to dig through her pile of fabrics as Solveig calmly grabbed their own gear and headed to the door.

“We’ll be careful,” Solveig gently assured, exchanging glances with Edan before focusing on Ila, who was now very slowly approaching, her hands behind her back.

“So um,” the nocturne began, uncharacteristically quiet. “I... I... um. Close your eyes.”

“What?” Edan blinked, recoiling slightly.

“It’s nothing bad! Just close your eyes!” Ila replied quickly.

The mirror sighed and shut his eyes - and immediately flinched as something draped around his neck.

“Okay!” Ila shouted.

Edan opened his eyes to see the nocturne practically dancing in place.

“I made it for you as a... as a thanks, you know, for looking after us, um,” she fidgeted, hard to focus on with how much she was moving. “But I’m nervous and scared you won’t like it so I’m going now, bye!

She immediately turned and shoved Solveig out the door with her, shutting it behind them. Edan could hear muffled shouts of “let’s go, let’s go!” gradually fading as the two headed off.

He looked downward, reaching and taking the end of his gift and looking it over.

A scarf, composed of tiny patches of fabric carefully sewn together. Ila had obviously taken great care in picking out pieces that matched - as much as was possible, anyway. He couldn’t imagine how long it had taken to patch them all together.

It was touching.

The mirror cleared his throat, embarrassed by his rush of emotion, even with nobody around to see.

He’d be sure to thank her when she returned.

The kids are grown up! Wish them luck!
(And don't be shy about commenting with your thoughts in general, or with any questions you have! It's really motivating for me!)

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed
First Hunt:

The weather outside was unremarkable. Overcast, no wind or fog. Good visibility.

Edan paced back and forth at his house’s entrance, tail lashing anxiously. It’s an ideal day for it, he thought. Can’t really put it off anymore.

Both of the siblings were watching him in mild confusion, unsurprising given he hadn’t spoken a word throughout his pondering. He turned to them both and sat, shoulders straight and expression serious.

“So...” he began, looking between the nocturne and pearlcatcher. “I think... you’re ready.”

Solveig’s mouth opened and closed in a silent ‘oh’. Ila blinked, putting down her sewing needle and staring back silently.
Then a grin spread over her face.

And then, all at once, she was on her feet, bouncing in place before hopping over to him and jumping to and fro in excitement. “Ready? Ready to hunt on our own, you mean? To scavenge?”

“Yes, but - ”

“Oh I knew you’d think so too! I’m so excited! I want to go find more materials and explore and - “ the nocturne continued speaking, seemingly unaware he’d begun to reply.

“Hey! Hold on!” Edan raised his voice, holding a claw aloft. “This is a brief excursion. A test. You are going to the path I showed you both, and are hunting until mid-afternoon. No exploring beyond it, no scavenging. No shortcuts. I need to see you can handle being on your own!”

Ila stopped hopping and wrung her hands sheepishly.

“We’ll be safe, Edan,” Solveig assured, slowly making their way over. “I’ll make sure of it. Promise.”

Edan let out a relieved sigh and nodded, stepping away from the door. “Good. Now, before you get ready, let’s go over the rules one more time.”

“Be silent!” Ila shouted eagerly. “Um, and only go after the small creatures.”

“Right, and?” Edan prompted.

“If we see something that looks draconic, run,” Solveig finished.

“Exactly,” the mirror nodded. “Now go get packed up, and be safe.”

“Oh, oh!” Ila dashed to her corner of the room, rifling through her things and throwing on the backpack she’d made herself.
She continued to dig through her pile of fabrics as Solveig calmly grabbed their own gear and headed to the door.

“We’ll be careful,” Solveig gently assured, exchanging glances with Edan before focusing on Ila, who was now very slowly approaching, her hands behind her back.

“So um,” the nocturne began, uncharacteristically quiet. “I... I... um. Close your eyes.”

“What?” Edan blinked, recoiling slightly.

“It’s nothing bad! Just close your eyes!” Ila replied quickly.

The mirror sighed and shut his eyes - and immediately flinched as something draped around his neck.

“Okay!” Ila shouted.

Edan opened his eyes to see the nocturne practically dancing in place.

“I made it for you as a... as a thanks, you know, for looking after us, um,” she fidgeted, hard to focus on with how much she was moving. “But I’m nervous and scared you won’t like it so I’m going now, bye!

She immediately turned and shoved Solveig out the door with her, shutting it behind them. Edan could hear muffled shouts of “let’s go, let’s go!” gradually fading as the two headed off.

He looked downward, reaching and taking the end of his gift and looking it over.

A scarf, composed of tiny patches of fabric carefully sewn together. Ila had obviously taken great care in picking out pieces that matched - as much as was possible, anyway. He couldn’t imagine how long it had taken to patch them all together.

It was touching.

The mirror cleared his throat, embarrassed by his rush of emotion, even with nobody around to see.

He’d be sure to thank her when she returned.

The kids are grown up! Wish them luck!
(And don't be shy about commenting with your thoughts in general, or with any questions you have! It's really motivating for me!)

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
All this does is raise my interest for the entire Nuzlocke. Good job!
All this does is raise my interest for the entire Nuzlocke. Good job!
[b]A Gift[/b] [i][b]“Edan! Edan!”[/b][/i] The mirror jumped, dropping the lid of his canning jar and rushing to the door in a panic. Ila’s shouts from outside sounded urgent - she was early. Did something go wrong? His mind was immediately flooded with scenarios of what could have gone wrong; horrible injuries, infection - had something happened to Solveig? He threw the door open and rushed outside - only to immediately bump into the pearlcatcher he’d been so worried for. “Ah! [i]What?[/i] What is it?” Edan asked, looking between the siblings with confusion. They both seemed no worse for wear, just… excited? “We found - ” Solveig began, but Ila quickly cut in. “Isn’t he [i]cute?[/i]” she gushed, holding out a bundle of cloth she’d been clutching to her chest. He hadn’t noticed it before, but it seemed to be moving. Edan reached out and moved the fabric, revealing a mirror hatchling that let out an excited squeal and started pawing at the air. “Where did you find that? [i]I told you to stay awa -[/i] ” “A dryad gave him to us!” Ila replied, beaming at him. “She said she was hoping to find dragons to give him to!” “I told you to [i]stay away [/i]from other dragons!” Edan snapped, near frantic in his exasperation. “What if that had been a trap? What if it had been a risen - ” “No, we remembered,” Solveig replied, shaking their head. “This one was an egg when we found it. The moment the dryad put it in Ila’s hands, it hatched.” “I named him Rorin!” Ila added, pulling the little mirror back to her chest and letting him lean on her shoulder. “He’s really sweet! He likes biting stuff.” Edan’s mouth just gaped. He nodded slowly. “O… kay. So… we have another mouth to feed. Did your hunting go well?” “Oh!” Ila rolled her eyes. “Oh yea sorry, we actually did really good! I think, anyway.” The nocturne shrugged her pack off, and it hit the ground with a notable [i]thud[/i]. Solveig took off theirs as well and handed both over. “We were hunting until like, half an hour ago I’d guess,” Ila continued. “It’s just, once we got a baby we figured we should stop.” Edan checked over their bags, nodding to himself. “You both did good, this will last us at least a week - depending on how much the new one eats. Did you cover your tracks?” “Yea, I did,” Solveig nodded. “Don’t worry.” “Alright, let’s head inside then, figure out a bed for the little guy,” Edan forced a small smile in spite of the new worries now rapidly flooding his mind. ----------- [sub] @Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed YEA SO THEY LITERALLY FOUND AN EGG THEIR FIRST DAY IN THE COLISEUM [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/9afcf6746a30234b1276ffd682af215b/tumblr_pjlqmzwScc1rcva9po1_400.png[/img] Additionally, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=80484&tab=dragon&did=47587609]Rorin[/url] hatched as a double.
A Gift

“Edan! Edan!”

The mirror jumped, dropping the lid of his canning jar and rushing to the door in a panic. Ila’s shouts from outside sounded urgent - she was early. Did something go wrong?

His mind was immediately flooded with scenarios of what could have gone wrong; horrible injuries, infection - had something happened to Solveig?

He threw the door open and rushed outside - only to immediately bump into the pearlcatcher he’d been so worried for.

“Ah! What? What is it?” Edan asked, looking between the siblings with confusion. They both seemed no worse for wear, just… excited?

“We found - ” Solveig began, but Ila quickly cut in.

“Isn’t he cute?” she gushed, holding out a bundle of cloth she’d been clutching to her chest. He hadn’t noticed it before, but it seemed to be moving.

Edan reached out and moved the fabric, revealing a mirror hatchling that let out an excited squeal and started pawing at the air.

“Where did you find that? I told you to stay awa -

“A dryad gave him to us!” Ila replied, beaming at him. “She said she was hoping to find dragons to give him to!”

“I told you to stay away from other dragons!” Edan snapped, near frantic in his exasperation. “What if that had been a trap? What if it had been a risen - ”

“No, we remembered,” Solveig replied, shaking their head. “This one was an egg when we found it. The moment the dryad put it in Ila’s hands, it hatched.”

“I named him Rorin!” Ila added, pulling the little mirror back to her chest and letting him lean on her shoulder. “He’s really sweet! He likes biting stuff.”

Edan’s mouth just gaped. He nodded slowly.
“O… kay. So… we have another mouth to feed. Did your hunting go well?”

“Oh!” Ila rolled her eyes. “Oh yea sorry, we actually did really good! I think, anyway.”

The nocturne shrugged her pack off, and it hit the ground with a notable thud. Solveig took off theirs as well and handed both over.

“We were hunting until like, half an hour ago I’d guess,” Ila continued. “It’s just, once we got a baby we figured we should stop.”

Edan checked over their bags, nodding to himself.
“You both did good, this will last us at least a week - depending on how much the new one eats. Did you cover your tracks?”

“Yea, I did,” Solveig nodded. “Don’t worry.”

“Alright, let’s head inside then, figure out a bed for the little guy,” Edan forced a small smile in spite of the new worries now rapidly flooding his mind.

YEA SO THEY LITERALLY FOUND AN EGG THEIR FIRST DAY IN THE COLISEUM

tumblr_pjlqmzwScc1rcva9po1_400.png

Additionally, Rorin hatched as a double.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@catmeow1

I'm so glad, thank you!
@catmeow1

I'm so glad, thank you!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Congrats on the egg! Especially on Rorin ending up as a double!

I'm enjoying how this story is going thus far.
Congrats on the egg! Especially on Rorin ending up as a double!

I'm enjoying how this story is going thus far.
pulvis et umbra sumus - We are dust and shadows
@Akash

Excellent! Thank you!
And TBH I was so shocked by both getting the egg AND then getting a double I had trouble processing it. Being sick/having a bad headache doesn't help lmao, but I'm happy!
@Akash

Excellent! Thank you!
And TBH I was so shocked by both getting the egg AND then getting a double I had trouble processing it. Being sick/having a bad headache doesn't help lmao, but I'm happy!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Wow, congrats on the egg and on the lucky double hatch! Also, since you're not doing a Pinkerlocke, how do you plan on adding new dragons? Is it only when you find an egg, like what just happened, or are there other circumstances as well?
Wow, congrats on the egg and on the lucky double hatch! Also, since you're not doing a Pinkerlocke, how do you plan on adding new dragons? Is it only when you find an egg, like what just happened, or are there other circumstances as well?
Na5WGHa.png
@tigressRising

Only if I find an egg! I can win them too, but I can't buy them for myself. In my last 'locke I got so swamped with new dragons, so I took this extra step to make it (much, much) harder for me.

I can also breed dragons, but there's a few rules for that too. I don't breed dragons under level 15, and they have to have lore reasons to have kids.
@tigressRising

Only if I find an egg! I can win them too, but I can't buy them for myself. In my last 'locke I got so swamped with new dragons, so I took this extra step to make it (much, much) harder for me.

I can also breed dragons, but there's a few rules for that too. I don't breed dragons under level 15, and they have to have lore reasons to have kids.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
"He likes biting stuff." good god I love mirror hatchlings they're so flipping koot.
"He likes biting stuff." good god I love mirror hatchlings they're so flipping koot.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

Winged puppies with extra eyes. An easy fave for sure!
@ArgenteaMoon

Winged puppies with extra eyes. An easy fave for sure!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 62 63