Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 62 63
Uncovered Ancients 2

"I mean, they're just tundras, aren't they? Weird tundras, but - "

"They're not tundras!" Clara and Tarot interjected, nearly in tandem.

"How can y'tell?" Edan asked, blinking back his surprise - and grogginess - as he looked at the two tundras, then around the circle of dragons he'd joined, and then finally to the twin hatchlings lazily playing in the middle of all of them.

"They don't smell like us at all!" Clara replied quickly, gesturing toward the infant dragons. "And they've got a lot more fur. But... gods, they don't smell like - I can't really describe it."

"I agree," Tarot stated, leaning forward to take a better look at the two unfamiliar dragons. "I've been all over Sornieth and I've not encountered anything quite like these two - what did you say you called them, Marshall?"

"Poe an' Snow," Marshall responded simply from just beyond the circle, not looking up from his work healing the various cuts and scratches that covered his body.

"Please don't call one Snow," Ila sighed, tenting her fingers together in a vaguely pleading motion. "It's practically summer, it makes no sense."

"She smells like snow, though!" Marshall insisted. "It's the one thing I can really tell. It makes sense!"

"You can't just name a dragon after how it smells, though, Gods - "

"I found them, I get to name them."

One of the two hatchlings let out a garbled half-growl and swatted at Tarot. The tundra staggered back in surprise and let out a nervous chuckle.
"I think I got too close, eh?"

"It's probably that helmet you're wearing, dad," Magni deadpanned, rolling his eyes.

"So..." Edan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "What these kids are isn't really... that big of a deal right now. We just need to know what they eat and we'll be fine. They seem healthy, act normal enough..."

Tarot, now with his helmet off, tentatively reached out toward one of the hatchlings. Immediately, the green-tinted one arched its back and let out an angry screech. The other joined in.
"They seem a bit... cagey, for infants," he said, quickly withdrawing his hand and backing away.

"Well you just had a damn mask of death on, they're not just going to forget," Mango jibed, crossing her arms.

"Also! You're all crowding them," Ila said, waving the clan away. "Go on, shoo! Everyone! Give them some space, alright?"

Ryla, perched on her shoulder, let out an amused chirp and reached out for her hands, mimicking the motion.

Everyone took a few steps back, and the hatchlings seemed to calm somewhat - shifting to a more relaxed stance before looking around the area. Upon seeing Marshall, they both immediately toddled in his direction.

The tundra jumped, his healing spell fizzling in his hand when the hatchlings flopped against him in tandem.
"What the - "

Edan snorted, fighting back a chuckle.
"They've imprinted on you, kid."

"...What does that mean?" Marshall asked slowly, though the concern on his face implied he already knew.

Angie and Veldr quietly made their way down from the main house, working together to wheel dinner out for everyone.
A plate was set aside from the rest, bearing several large strawberries from Clara's garden, alongside a grilled selection of fish, venison, and mealworms, each carefully separated in their own quadrant.

"Alright, folks, here it is," Edan gestured toward the plate. "We're gonna see what these kids eat. You can watch if you want, just don't crowd them again."

Angie picked up the plate, and with poorly-suppressed excitement trotted over to sit next to Marshall and the hatchlings.
Her voice slipped immediately into baby talk as she set the plate out for them, gently urging them to eat.

Something between the nocturne's barely intelligible words and the smell of fresh cooked food seemed to work, because the two hatchlings began sniffing the air, and turned away from Marshall to find the source.

The two hatchlings stumbled over to the plate, their heads bobbing up and down as they sniffed at the food. One immediately went toward the strawberries, first taking a tentative nibble, and then eating several, stems and all.

The second, however, lunged at the venison and began to tear at it. The other took notice, and soon the two were tussling over the scrap of steak, growling and pawing at each other in a bid to wrest it away for themselves.

"Uh," Edan paused to scratch his head. "Well, hell. Definitely not tundras."

Angie quickly retrieved the plate and hurried over to the cart, swapping the fish and mealworms for a ladleful of braised meat and rushing back to break up the fight between the hatchlings, shoving the plate between them until they separated. After a few moments of fussing, they both began eating.

"Couldn't grab me a plate, huh?" Marshall quipped, snickering as she jabbed him with her elbow.

"You can get your own, they're distracted," Angie replied, carefully taking a piece of meat for herself when the hatchlings were too busy chewing to notice.

"So... not tundras," Saerun stated quietly.

"Yeah," Marshall scoffed as he strode over to the food cart. "Told ya so."

This one is probably more messy than most - but my computer overheated and crashed once and I barely got this writing back so!! Also it's late and this is supposed to be a mini-update.

I have fun stuff to report!

First off, all of my nuzlocke dragons except for the hatchings in this piece are level 20 or higher!. They're all fully gened - I don't want to give Clara a tert, so even she's done! - and look so good!
Here's a link to their tab! Remember, page 1 is characters that are written in, page 2 might have spoilers so be careful!

Second, I intend to move to Earth after Brightshine! I love being in Light, but Earth is where this nuzlocke is based and tbh I'm just that committed to this thing! Aside from that, I've always wanted to give Earth a shot just in general.

I apologize if this update is just a bit all over the place, but, again, it's one of them Mini Updates. I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

I hope you've all been well!

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth
Uncovered Ancients 2

"I mean, they're just tundras, aren't they? Weird tundras, but - "

"They're not tundras!" Clara and Tarot interjected, nearly in tandem.

"How can y'tell?" Edan asked, blinking back his surprise - and grogginess - as he looked at the two tundras, then around the circle of dragons he'd joined, and then finally to the twin hatchlings lazily playing in the middle of all of them.

"They don't smell like us at all!" Clara replied quickly, gesturing toward the infant dragons. "And they've got a lot more fur. But... gods, they don't smell like - I can't really describe it."

"I agree," Tarot stated, leaning forward to take a better look at the two unfamiliar dragons. "I've been all over Sornieth and I've not encountered anything quite like these two - what did you say you called them, Marshall?"

"Poe an' Snow," Marshall responded simply from just beyond the circle, not looking up from his work healing the various cuts and scratches that covered his body.

"Please don't call one Snow," Ila sighed, tenting her fingers together in a vaguely pleading motion. "It's practically summer, it makes no sense."

"She smells like snow, though!" Marshall insisted. "It's the one thing I can really tell. It makes sense!"

"You can't just name a dragon after how it smells, though, Gods - "

"I found them, I get to name them."

One of the two hatchlings let out a garbled half-growl and swatted at Tarot. The tundra staggered back in surprise and let out a nervous chuckle.
"I think I got too close, eh?"

"It's probably that helmet you're wearing, dad," Magni deadpanned, rolling his eyes.

"So..." Edan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "What these kids are isn't really... that big of a deal right now. We just need to know what they eat and we'll be fine. They seem healthy, act normal enough..."

Tarot, now with his helmet off, tentatively reached out toward one of the hatchlings. Immediately, the green-tinted one arched its back and let out an angry screech. The other joined in.
"They seem a bit... cagey, for infants," he said, quickly withdrawing his hand and backing away.

"Well you just had a damn mask of death on, they're not just going to forget," Mango jibed, crossing her arms.

"Also! You're all crowding them," Ila said, waving the clan away. "Go on, shoo! Everyone! Give them some space, alright?"

Ryla, perched on her shoulder, let out an amused chirp and reached out for her hands, mimicking the motion.

Everyone took a few steps back, and the hatchlings seemed to calm somewhat - shifting to a more relaxed stance before looking around the area. Upon seeing Marshall, they both immediately toddled in his direction.

The tundra jumped, his healing spell fizzling in his hand when the hatchlings flopped against him in tandem.
"What the - "

Edan snorted, fighting back a chuckle.
"They've imprinted on you, kid."

"...What does that mean?" Marshall asked slowly, though the concern on his face implied he already knew.

Angie and Veldr quietly made their way down from the main house, working together to wheel dinner out for everyone.
A plate was set aside from the rest, bearing several large strawberries from Clara's garden, alongside a grilled selection of fish, venison, and mealworms, each carefully separated in their own quadrant.

"Alright, folks, here it is," Edan gestured toward the plate. "We're gonna see what these kids eat. You can watch if you want, just don't crowd them again."

Angie picked up the plate, and with poorly-suppressed excitement trotted over to sit next to Marshall and the hatchlings.
Her voice slipped immediately into baby talk as she set the plate out for them, gently urging them to eat.

Something between the nocturne's barely intelligible words and the smell of fresh cooked food seemed to work, because the two hatchlings began sniffing the air, and turned away from Marshall to find the source.

The two hatchlings stumbled over to the plate, their heads bobbing up and down as they sniffed at the food. One immediately went toward the strawberries, first taking a tentative nibble, and then eating several, stems and all.

The second, however, lunged at the venison and began to tear at it. The other took notice, and soon the two were tussling over the scrap of steak, growling and pawing at each other in a bid to wrest it away for themselves.

"Uh," Edan paused to scratch his head. "Well, hell. Definitely not tundras."

Angie quickly retrieved the plate and hurried over to the cart, swapping the fish and mealworms for a ladleful of braised meat and rushing back to break up the fight between the hatchlings, shoving the plate between them until they separated. After a few moments of fussing, they both began eating.

"Couldn't grab me a plate, huh?" Marshall quipped, snickering as she jabbed him with her elbow.

"You can get your own, they're distracted," Angie replied, carefully taking a piece of meat for herself when the hatchlings were too busy chewing to notice.

"So... not tundras," Saerun stated quietly.

"Yeah," Marshall scoffed as he strode over to the food cart. "Told ya so."

This one is probably more messy than most - but my computer overheated and crashed once and I barely got this writing back so!! Also it's late and this is supposed to be a mini-update.

I have fun stuff to report!

First off, all of my nuzlocke dragons except for the hatchings in this piece are level 20 or higher!. They're all fully gened - I don't want to give Clara a tert, so even she's done! - and look so good!
Here's a link to their tab! Remember, page 1 is characters that are written in, page 2 might have spoilers so be careful!

Second, I intend to move to Earth after Brightshine! I love being in Light, but Earth is where this nuzlocke is based and tbh I'm just that committed to this thing! Aside from that, I've always wanted to give Earth a shot just in general.

I apologize if this update is just a bit all over the place, but, again, it's one of them Mini Updates. I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

I hope you've all been well!

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Hahaha, I lvoe their introduction and how they all debated what they were!

And lvl 20! I'm so happy for you! And congrats on the move. the cooldown is enough time to get the gems back if you end up homesick.
Hahaha, I lvoe their introduction and how they all debated what they were!

And lvl 20! I'm so happy for you! And congrats on the move. the cooldown is enough time to get the gems back if you end up homesick.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Man, what cute little babes, I cant wait to see how they grow up.

Congrats to getting everyone leveled so high! I dont have that kind of patience for a nuzlocke aha
Man, what cute little babes, I cant wait to see how they grow up.

Congrats to getting everyone leveled so high! I dont have that kind of patience for a nuzlocke aha
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png

Hey guys! Here's a sort of non-nuzlocke update for you!
Well honestly, it's quite nuzlocke adjacent.

I'm joining Earth flight on the 30th of this month, because I'm just that committed to this nuzlocke.

I'm hosting a little hatch party on said date, which doubles as a giveaway! I'd love if you all took part.

Here's a link, check out the upcoming festivities and enter if you'd like! Your support is a huge reason as to why I'm so invested in this 'locke, and I'd love if you celebrated with me! c:

Hey guys! Here's a sort of non-nuzlocke update for you!
Well honestly, it's quite nuzlocke adjacent.

I'm joining Earth flight on the 30th of this month, because I'm just that committed to this nuzlocke.

I'm hosting a little hatch party on said date, which doubles as a giveaway! I'd love if you all took part.

Here's a link, check out the upcoming festivities and enter if you'd like! Your support is a huge reason as to why I'm so invested in this 'locke, and I'd love if you celebrated with me! c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Woo!! I'll gladly join in a little for the festivities! Have fun over in Earth, I hear theyre a great community!
Woo!! I'll gladly join in a little for the festivities! Have fun over in Earth, I hear theyre a great community!
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
Eeeeeee ..i'm so hype for you!! Heading over to your party thread now. :3
Eeeeeee ..i'm so hype for you!! Heading over to your party thread now. :3
@Kaial awesome as your hatch party sounds I will be unable to take part as we are leaving on vaction on the 30th and be gone till friday the 5th of July
@Kaial awesome as your hatch party sounds I will be unable to take part as we are leaving on vaction on the 30th and be gone till friday the 5th of July
wQA8k.gif fy4en.gif

MRJWRkO.png
@Solaristigres

Well, thank you very much for the kind words nonetheless!
In fact, I think I'll send a little goodie bag your way. No need for you to miss out on all the fun!
@Solaristigres

Well, thank you very much for the kind words nonetheless!
In fact, I think I'll send a little goodie bag your way. No need for you to miss out on all the fun!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Gosh I just caught up on the three updates I missed! I love this Nuzlocke so much. 8o8
Gosh I just caught up on the three updates I missed! I love this Nuzlocke so much. 8o8
VXZZmOI.png
@AriNemera

I've tried to slow down due to recent site updates/events. Glad you could catch up! And thanks so much!
@AriNemera

I've tried to slow down due to recent site updates/events. Glad you could catch up! And thanks so much!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 62 63