Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 62 63
Digging

"I wish y' hadn't started it so close to the house," Edan sighed, squinting into the darkness just below him.

"Well. The ground was soft, there weren't a lot of rocks," came Marshall's muffled response. "And I could smell something. So I dug."

"...But you haven't found anything yet," Edan stated.

"I will! I'm close!"

"Just be sure to dig the rest of your tunnel away from the buildings, alright?" he sighed, shaking his head before turning away from the ugly, gaping hole the tundra had dug on the edge of their territory. Some noncommittal grunt was his only response.

The sun was high, the air was warm, and amidst the pale green grass, flowers had begun to bloom in little pops of pink, white, and violet.
It was beautiful, but all he could think of is how easy it was to move through the forest once more. How much easier it would be to see three buildings amidst the woods.

Everyone had been training hard, and it showed. His clan had grown strong, fast, cunning. And it had all happened so quickly.
It was a bittersweet feeling, particularly when he thought of the hatchlings who had grown up preparing for...
well, for war, really.

He turned, his gaze on the golden twins. They sat at the edge of the forest, Milo carefully bandaging Mango's arm as she watched with calm curiosity.

Edan felt his stomach twist.
If he could spare them risking their lives, and risking such horrors, he would.

But when it came down to it, he didn't know what to do.
There weren't any other options he could see.

"Hey, 'dan," came Saerun's calm, flat tone. The skydancer moved to stand beside him, laying her hand on his shoulder.

"Been a while since I've seen you out and about," Edan remarked, turning to meet her gaze.

"Eh," she shrugged. "I've been busy. Trying to train Hazel... and... parse things."

"Like what?"

"It's been hard to read everyone here," Saerun replied, casting a quick glance around them both before leaning in to continue. "The newcomers. Everything's kind of... messed up around here. People drowning each other out."

"Hm," Edan frowned, drumming a talon on the ground. "And what can we do about that?"

"I was thinking, you and I should take one of them out with us," Saerun replied. "On a hunt, you know. Casual chat. I think I can figure them out that way."

Edan tilted his head to the side, thinking for a moment before rising to his feet and nodding at his companion.
"Yeah, we can do that. Let's see if we can get someone right now."

I'm sorry for the delay in updates, guys. Things have been a bit crazy irl and I've been trying to manage it + my mental health so. You know.

As always, comments are vitally appreciated. And I hope you enjoy.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm

@Sabariel thank you for your interest and welcome to the pinglist!
Digging

"I wish y' hadn't started it so close to the house," Edan sighed, squinting into the darkness just below him.

"Well. The ground was soft, there weren't a lot of rocks," came Marshall's muffled response. "And I could smell something. So I dug."

"...But you haven't found anything yet," Edan stated.

"I will! I'm close!"

"Just be sure to dig the rest of your tunnel away from the buildings, alright?" he sighed, shaking his head before turning away from the ugly, gaping hole the tundra had dug on the edge of their territory. Some noncommittal grunt was his only response.

The sun was high, the air was warm, and amidst the pale green grass, flowers had begun to bloom in little pops of pink, white, and violet.
It was beautiful, but all he could think of is how easy it was to move through the forest once more. How much easier it would be to see three buildings amidst the woods.

Everyone had been training hard, and it showed. His clan had grown strong, fast, cunning. And it had all happened so quickly.
It was a bittersweet feeling, particularly when he thought of the hatchlings who had grown up preparing for...
well, for war, really.

He turned, his gaze on the golden twins. They sat at the edge of the forest, Milo carefully bandaging Mango's arm as she watched with calm curiosity.

Edan felt his stomach twist.
If he could spare them risking their lives, and risking such horrors, he would.

But when it came down to it, he didn't know what to do.
There weren't any other options he could see.

"Hey, 'dan," came Saerun's calm, flat tone. The skydancer moved to stand beside him, laying her hand on his shoulder.

"Been a while since I've seen you out and about," Edan remarked, turning to meet her gaze.

"Eh," she shrugged. "I've been busy. Trying to train Hazel... and... parse things."

"Like what?"

"It's been hard to read everyone here," Saerun replied, casting a quick glance around them both before leaning in to continue. "The newcomers. Everything's kind of... messed up around here. People drowning each other out."

"Hm," Edan frowned, drumming a talon on the ground. "And what can we do about that?"

"I was thinking, you and I should take one of them out with us," Saerun replied. "On a hunt, you know. Casual chat. I think I can figure them out that way."

Edan tilted his head to the side, thinking for a moment before rising to his feet and nodding at his companion.
"Yeah, we can do that. Let's see if we can get someone right now."

I'm sorry for the delay in updates, guys. Things have been a bit crazy irl and I've been trying to manage it + my mental health so. You know.

As always, comments are vitally appreciated. And I hope you enjoy.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm

@Sabariel thank you for your interest and welcome to the pinglist!
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon

PS has anyone picked up on the fact that Edan has a gentle sort of Southern Drawl going on? Because he does

PS has anyone picked up on the fact that Edan has a gentle sort of Southern Drawl going on? Because he does
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Now headcanoning Edan as Lasalle from NCIS:NO.
Now headcanoning Edan as Lasalle from NCIS:NO.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
take your time kai ^^ we'll understand! ahh the story keeps hinting at something big around the corner and as apprehensive as i am about whatever that happens to be, i'm definitely excited to see how things unfold [emoji=coatl winking]
take your time kai ^^
we'll understand!

ahh
the story keeps hinting at something big around the corner and as apprehensive as i am about whatever that happens to be, i'm definitely excited to see how things unfold
sig_me.pngsig_art.pngsig_f2u.png
A short and sweet update, another good read. Take your time! Your heath comes first so take care of that. I do appreciate the updates though!

(I now want to see Edan say, in the most deadpan voice he can muster,

"Yeehaw.")

A short and sweet update, another good read. Take your time! Your heath comes first so take care of that. I do appreciate the updates though!

(I now want to see Edan say, in the most deadpan voice he can muster,

"Yeehaw.")

UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel

Can we have a bit of real talk, my friends and readers?

It's been really hard to write for a while now, and I hate even saying why because. Idk. It feels... selfish.

But it's so hard to ignore the emptiness of it all. I was going to write with my friend, and it's really, really painful every time I try to write because it's such a huge reminder of everything we were going to do together in the future.

I can't ignore the emptiness it makes me feel every time.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get through this? I really want to finish the story in her honor and I feel I'm getting close to some key plot points, but I just. Can't. Write.
@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel

Can we have a bit of real talk, my friends and readers?

It's been really hard to write for a while now, and I hate even saying why because. Idk. It feels... selfish.

But it's so hard to ignore the emptiness of it all. I was going to write with my friend, and it's really, really painful every time I try to write because it's such a huge reminder of everything we were going to do together in the future.

I can't ignore the emptiness it makes me feel every time.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get through this? I really want to finish the story in her honor and I feel I'm getting close to some key plot points, but I just. Can't. Write.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
I myself would somehow get a derg to represent them and use them in the locke. Youre really good at this type of thing and id hate to see you give up on something that seems like you love to do just cuz it reminds you of someone gone. Dont get me wrong tho you have every right to be sad or upset or even depressed but just dont give up what you love ^-^ try and find some way to push through. I myself have delt with too much loss so i know.... i usually find a way to incorporate them in the stories i have in my head (that i need to write 1 day...)

Biggest thing to do tho is ALWAYS remember the good times not the bad

I hope things get better for you
I myself would somehow get a derg to represent them and use them in the locke. Youre really good at this type of thing and id hate to see you give up on something that seems like you love to do just cuz it reminds you of someone gone. Dont get me wrong tho you have every right to be sad or upset or even depressed but just dont give up what you love ^-^ try and find some way to push through. I myself have delt with too much loss so i know.... i usually find a way to incorporate them in the stories i have in my head (that i need to write 1 day...)

Biggest thing to do tho is ALWAYS remember the good times not the bad

I hope things get better for you
Link to my all in 1 shop!
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/3284309/1#post_55390095
Adding onto animelover9631's suggestion, make the dragon some sort of deity--that way, theyre watching over you and your dragons and can guide everyone as needed. You can pamper them, exempt them from nuzlocke rules, spend lots of currencies to pretty them up. Edit; I see now you'd rather not do that, and that's fine. The tab you have in dedication is beautiful and I'm sure she loves it so much.

And consider that she probably wouldn't want you to give in--shed probably want you to smile and celebrate her life to the best of your abilities, finish what you started.

All that said, theres something super important to address: stopping wouldnt be selfish. Even if its forever for this one. Grief is a natural thing and youre allowed to address it however you need to. You're alright! Put your mental health first so you can be even more alright. If not for you, for her.

Best of wishes.
Adding onto animelover9631's suggestion, make the dragon some sort of deity--that way, theyre watching over you and your dragons and can guide everyone as needed. You can pamper them, exempt them from nuzlocke rules, spend lots of currencies to pretty them up. Edit; I see now you'd rather not do that, and that's fine. The tab you have in dedication is beautiful and I'm sure she loves it so much.

And consider that she probably wouldn't want you to give in--shed probably want you to smile and celebrate her life to the best of your abilities, finish what you started.

All that said, theres something super important to address: stopping wouldnt be selfish. Even if its forever for this one. Grief is a natural thing and youre allowed to address it however you need to. You're alright! Put your mental health first so you can be even more alright. If not for you, for her.

Best of wishes.
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
(So I'd really rather not insert her into the nuzlocke as a character.

Though on that note, this tab is a memorial to her.)
(So I'd really rather not insert her into the nuzlocke as a character.

Though on that note, this tab is a memorial to her.)
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
If you need to abandon the nuzlocke and never pick it up again, I doubt anybody would hold it against you. Some things are just too painful to pick up and that's okay.

You've probably heard all of this but here goes;
When it comes to writing, take it one sentence at a time, just like taking life one day at a time. Every day, see what you have in that moment and work with it. Don't think about materials you don't have yet. Empty out your thoughts and make comments in the middle of your page, you can always revise later if it doesn't quite work, just put words down, even if they might make little sense. Always remember you can change it later.
If you need to abandon the nuzlocke and never pick it up again, I doubt anybody would hold it against you. Some things are just too painful to pick up and that's okay.

You've probably heard all of this but here goes;
When it comes to writing, take it one sentence at a time, just like taking life one day at a time. Every day, see what you have in that moment and work with it. Don't think about materials you don't have yet. Empty out your thoughts and make comments in the middle of your page, you can always revise later if it doesn't quite work, just put words down, even if they might make little sense. Always remember you can change it later.
opzM5wG.gifHW4lpxl.pngegg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gif0wMky.gif2Pe6z.gif
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 62 63