Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 62 63
@cybo
Ohh how astute of you! She's a lv25 team reward for my 'locke, haha.

Thank you! I'll mark you down!

@cybo
Ohh how astute of you! She's a lv25 team reward for my 'locke, haha.

Thank you! I'll mark you down!

Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
The Family Home

Most of the time, it didn't bother him.

Hell, when did he ever have the time to think about it, really? Especially nowadays.

But it crept in, sometimes. Times like this, when everything was calm and he didn't have anything pressing to do.

Edan shook his head and stepped away from the bed the two golden hatchlings were asleep upon, his gaze moving slowly between the walls of his home.
Slowly, he reached out to touch a support beam. He wiped away the dust that had gathered in the crude carving on its face.

He sometimes entertained the idea of refining it more. Finishing it up. But he never really could bring himself to do more than think about it.

It was her last work, after all. Didn't feel right to mess with it.
The entire house was her work, though, really. Sure, he'd done what he could to help her back when he was a stringy little hatchling who could barely hold a board in place, but... it was hers.

He'd managed to find comfort in that. Most of the time.

But sometimes, being surrounded by things that reminded you so strongly of someone you lost - someone who should still be alive, well -

He took a quick breath, aiming to dispel the pang in his chest. He was being ridiculous.

He strode back over to the two new hatchlings, idly checking them over and tucking the blankets more securely around them.

Ila had been full of ideas for names. He'd only really liked one of them; Milo, which the little mirror was now known as. The spiral was Mango. He'd more relented on that one than anything else.

He resumed a slow patrol around the house, looking for something to busy himself with.

Food was all prepped and stored, the house was clean, they had plenty of water...

There wasn't really anything he could think of. Everyone was pulling their weight so well that his days weren't full of preparations anymore.

He wasn't so good at just relaxing in his free time. He made a mental note to have someone else look after the hatchlings during naptime. Someone who would enjoy the peace and quiet.

She would be so happy here now, he thought. With the whole place just full of dragons. A real clan.

"Bet she'd be proud, even," he added softly, not wanting to wake the hatchlings with his pointless little reverie.

He tried to recall what he could of his mother's face; her gold-capped tusks, and wry grin. How the beads braided in her mane would clatter when she laughed. How she'd shave patterns into her fur when the mood took her. He couldn't remember most of the small details anymore.

That was probably normal. But he didn't like it.
He should pay her grave a visit, soon. Maybe bring Ila and Solveig - if they wanted, anyway -

There was a thud at the door, as if a body collided with it.
Edan immediately snapped to attention, turning to the door and baring his teeth. His second sight showed the form of a pearlcatcher stumbling to its feet.

And then he heard Ciron groan before yelling his name, and rushed to unlock it.

"What the hell was that?" Edan asked, still trying to keep his voice down - but at least one of the hatchlings had started to wail regardless.

"I thought it was open," Ciron replied through grit teeth, rubbing his head.

"You still have to turn the knob - "

"Espen saw something out there," Ciron interjected, pointing off toward a section of the forest. "Or at least, she said she did. She sent me back. I think you should go check it out."

"How far?" Edan asked, peering in the direction he was pointing.

"Twenty minutes, I think?" Ciron replied uncertainly.

"Fine," Edan trotted out the door past the pearlcatcher, already building speed as he called out instructions. "You lock the door. Look after the kids while I'm gone."

He was already well out of earshot by the time Ciron replied.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo

The Family Home

Most of the time, it didn't bother him.

Hell, when did he ever have the time to think about it, really? Especially nowadays.

But it crept in, sometimes. Times like this, when everything was calm and he didn't have anything pressing to do.

Edan shook his head and stepped away from the bed the two golden hatchlings were asleep upon, his gaze moving slowly between the walls of his home.
Slowly, he reached out to touch a support beam. He wiped away the dust that had gathered in the crude carving on its face.

He sometimes entertained the idea of refining it more. Finishing it up. But he never really could bring himself to do more than think about it.

It was her last work, after all. Didn't feel right to mess with it.
The entire house was her work, though, really. Sure, he'd done what he could to help her back when he was a stringy little hatchling who could barely hold a board in place, but... it was hers.

He'd managed to find comfort in that. Most of the time.

But sometimes, being surrounded by things that reminded you so strongly of someone you lost - someone who should still be alive, well -

He took a quick breath, aiming to dispel the pang in his chest. He was being ridiculous.

He strode back over to the two new hatchlings, idly checking them over and tucking the blankets more securely around them.

Ila had been full of ideas for names. He'd only really liked one of them; Milo, which the little mirror was now known as. The spiral was Mango. He'd more relented on that one than anything else.

He resumed a slow patrol around the house, looking for something to busy himself with.

Food was all prepped and stored, the house was clean, they had plenty of water...

There wasn't really anything he could think of. Everyone was pulling their weight so well that his days weren't full of preparations anymore.

He wasn't so good at just relaxing in his free time. He made a mental note to have someone else look after the hatchlings during naptime. Someone who would enjoy the peace and quiet.

She would be so happy here now, he thought. With the whole place just full of dragons. A real clan.

"Bet she'd be proud, even," he added softly, not wanting to wake the hatchlings with his pointless little reverie.

He tried to recall what he could of his mother's face; her gold-capped tusks, and wry grin. How the beads braided in her mane would clatter when she laughed. How she'd shave patterns into her fur when the mood took her. He couldn't remember most of the small details anymore.

That was probably normal. But he didn't like it.
He should pay her grave a visit, soon. Maybe bring Ila and Solveig - if they wanted, anyway -

There was a thud at the door, as if a body collided with it.
Edan immediately snapped to attention, turning to the door and baring his teeth. His second sight showed the form of a pearlcatcher stumbling to its feet.

And then he heard Ciron groan before yelling his name, and rushed to unlock it.

"What the hell was that?" Edan asked, still trying to keep his voice down - but at least one of the hatchlings had started to wail regardless.

"I thought it was open," Ciron replied through grit teeth, rubbing his head.

"You still have to turn the knob - "

"Espen saw something out there," Ciron interjected, pointing off toward a section of the forest. "Or at least, she said she did. She sent me back. I think you should go check it out."

"How far?" Edan asked, peering in the direction he was pointing.

"Twenty minutes, I think?" Ciron replied uncertainly.

"Fine," Edan trotted out the door past the pearlcatcher, already building speed as he called out instructions. "You lock the door. Look after the kids while I'm gone."

He was already well out of earshot by the time Ciron replied.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo

PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Ooh, mysterious. And now I'm curious abut Edan's mother...
Ooh, mysterious. And now I'm curious abut Edan's mother...
Please click on my babies!
FR time+17
Art-Shop-Button.jpg
Coatl-WC-Imp-Button.png
Wn6vGC1.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
tNgQJvM.png
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
jccRWgS.png
40QQWBU.png
o4KdtaP.png
Oh Id love to see Edans mother! She sounds like she was such a pretty and loving dragon.
Oh Id love to see Edans mother! She sounds like she was such a pretty and loving dragon.
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
[b]Strangers[/b] Espen froze. She'd only taken a few more steps after Ciron had left. She'd tried to be so quiet, so careful. But the figure she'd seen ahead moved faster than she could even process. In an instant, a creature she'd never seen before rushed forward to block her way. It had long legs ending in wicked talons, tattered wings that flared slightly from its body, dark and wicked-looking armor, and small, nimble hands that - in a flurry of motion she once again couldn't quite parse - pressed a blade against her throat. Fearfully, the young mirror looked upward, trying to make out the face of whatever had assailed her. Her gaze met small, flesh-pink eyes that looked back at her emotionlessly. She took a wavering breath. "What... [i]are[/i] you?" For the first time, the unfamiliar being showed some sign of personality, cocking their head at her question. The figure sighed. "What do you mean, mirror?" it asked in annoyance before continuing in a harsher tone. "[i]And who do you belong to[/i]?" "I don't belong to anyone!" Espen snapped, insulted. She quickly quieted, feeling the metal poke her neck. "A-and uh... are you a dragon? You kind of look like a skydancer?" "Of course I'm a dragon, what else would I be?" they replied. "Wildclaw. What [i]clan[/i] do you belong to?" A wildclaw? But she looked almost [i]nothing [/i]like Zuehal. "Um... I mean, my clan doesn't have a name," Espen replied. "They'll come looking for me, I'm sure. They might already be watching! You should consider... putting that away..." The wildclaw sighed and lowered her sword. "You're not what we're looking for," she said, frowning and glancing around the trees. She turned back to face Espen, her tone darkening once more. "But, little mirror, know you [i]are[/i] alone out here. I have eyes on us too." "For Gods' sake, Reika," came a sigh from the trees. A male tundra - also clad in armor, but of a very different make - stepped into view and moved to stand at the wildclaw's side. "She's a mirror, she would have seen us anyways." He smiled somewhat apologetically at Espen. "Hello there, miss. I am Tarot," he nodded toward the wildclaw. "This is Reika," he turned sideways to display yet another unfamiliar creature - she would have to assume it was another dragon - and an infant skydancer. "And these two are Aika and Magni. We're looking for someone. Perhaps you can help us?" "You're - " Espen paused and swallowed. "You're looking for someone? I - maybe I can help. Who are you looking for?" "A pearlcatcher," Reika replied bluntly. "Uh," [i]Oh gods, they ARE after Ciron,[/i] Espen swore inwardly, but tried to stay calm. "Could you... be more specific?" "Sure!" Reika replied, baring her teeth. "We're looking for the monster of a pearlcatcher who razed our clan and killed or stole away the rest of us! I'm going to find him so I can cut off his limbs one by one while he watches!" "Well, hold on there now," came a voice - raised, but calm - from behind Espen. "Oh - oh my gods, Edan," Espen breathed, tearing up in relief when she turned to see him. "You and I," Edan said, briefly nodding to his clanmate before turning his attention to the newcomers. "Have a similar goal, I think. Why don't you sheath that sword and we can all talk for a while." ---------------- [sub] @Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo Soo a few people were curious about Edan's mother. Well, she's super dead. Has been for about uh... the equiv of a decade before the start of this locke. I've in the past considered writing about Edan's childhood, but I certainly cannot see it fitting in at any point in the near future of this plot. BUT. I have been really considering a family portrait of Edan as a kid + his family. You wanna see that? In addition, I doodled Ciron, Espen, Clade, and Marshall yesterday. Might ink, but here's the sketch for now. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fd80183b92afd97fa4f333b8786acd49/tumblr_inline_pnfvilJbDT1ru8xj4_540.jpg[/img]
Strangers

Espen froze.

She'd only taken a few more steps after Ciron had left. She'd tried to be so quiet, so careful.

But the figure she'd seen ahead moved faster than she could even process. In an instant, a creature she'd never seen before rushed forward to block her way.

It had long legs ending in wicked talons, tattered wings that flared slightly from its body, dark and wicked-looking armor, and small, nimble hands that - in a flurry of motion she once again couldn't quite parse - pressed a blade against her throat.

Fearfully, the young mirror looked upward, trying to make out the face of whatever had assailed her. Her gaze met small, flesh-pink eyes that looked back at her emotionlessly.

She took a wavering breath.
"What... are you?"

For the first time, the unfamiliar being showed some sign of personality, cocking their head at her question. The figure sighed.
"What do you mean, mirror?" it asked in annoyance before continuing in a harsher tone. "And who do you belong to?"

"I don't belong to anyone!" Espen snapped, insulted. She quickly quieted, feeling the metal poke her neck. "A-and uh... are you a dragon? You kind of look like a skydancer?"

"Of course I'm a dragon, what else would I be?" they replied. "Wildclaw. What clan do you belong to?"

A wildclaw? But she looked almost nothing like Zuehal.

"Um... I mean, my clan doesn't have a name," Espen replied. "They'll come looking for me, I'm sure. They might already be watching! You should consider... putting that away..."

The wildclaw sighed and lowered her sword.
"You're not what we're looking for," she said, frowning and glancing around the trees. She turned back to face Espen, her tone darkening once more. "But, little mirror, know you are alone out here. I have eyes on us too."

"For Gods' sake, Reika," came a sigh from the trees. A male tundra - also clad in armor, but of a very different make - stepped into view and moved to stand at the wildclaw's side. "She's a mirror, she would have seen us anyways."
He smiled somewhat apologetically at Espen.
"Hello there, miss. I am Tarot," he nodded toward the wildclaw. "This is Reika," he turned sideways to display yet another unfamiliar creature - she would have to assume it was another dragon - and an infant skydancer. "And these two are Aika and Magni. We're looking for someone. Perhaps you can help us?"

"You're - " Espen paused and swallowed. "You're looking for someone? I - maybe I can help. Who are you looking for?"

"A pearlcatcher," Reika replied bluntly.

"Uh," Oh gods, they ARE after Ciron, Espen swore inwardly, but tried to stay calm. "Could you... be more specific?"

"Sure!" Reika replied, baring her teeth. "We're looking for the monster of a pearlcatcher who razed our clan and killed or stole away the rest of us! I'm going to find him so I can cut off his limbs one by one while he watches!"

"Well, hold on there now," came a voice - raised, but calm - from behind Espen.

"Oh - oh my gods, Edan," Espen breathed, tearing up in relief when she turned to see him.

"You and I," Edan said, briefly nodding to his clanmate before turning his attention to the newcomers. "Have a similar goal, I think. Why don't you sheath that sword and we can all talk for a while."

Soo a few people were curious about Edan's mother.
Well, she's super dead. Has been for about uh... the equiv of a decade before the start of this locke. I've in the past considered writing about Edan's childhood, but I certainly cannot see it fitting in at any point in the near future of this plot.

BUT. I have been really considering a family portrait of Edan as a kid + his family.
You wanna see that?

In addition, I doodled Ciron, Espen, Clade, and Marshall yesterday. Might ink, but here's the sketch for now.

tumblr_inline_pnfvilJbDT1ru8xj4_540.jpg
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
These newcomers seem interesting, especially this Reika. Love me some Wildclaws ♥

Also that art looks great! I'd definitely love to see a family portrait.
These newcomers seem interesting, especially this Reika. Love me some Wildclaws ♥

Also that art looks great! I'd definitely love to see a family portrait.
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
Oh shoot! And here are all the newcomers! (Tarot was hatched from the egg I won from Roundsey, Aika and Magni were from nature eggs that I traded for from eggs I found, and Reika was my reward dragon for getting a team to level 25!) [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/5181cec70f0d22093ddcfcbf4e5f420f/tumblr_png54pnhJm1rcva9po3_400.png[/img] Tarot [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/aef3e769131837020d2dfd40d43cefd1/tumblr_png54pnhJm1rcva9po2_400.png[/img] Aika [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e332a437e5be36d271742ccb43aa90ca/tumblr_png54pnhJm1rcva9po1_400.png[/img] Magni [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/89a920846602a13a4d0680e488478576/tumblr_png54pnhJm1rcva9po4_400.png[/img] Reika
Oh shoot! And here are all the newcomers!
(Tarot was hatched from the egg I won from Roundsey, Aika and Magni were from nature eggs that I traded for from eggs I found, and Reika was my reward dragon for getting a team to level 25!)

tumblr_png54pnhJm1rcva9po3_400.png
Tarot

tumblr_png54pnhJm1rcva9po2_400.png
Aika

tumblr_png54pnhJm1rcva9po1_400.png
Magni

tumblr_png54pnhJm1rcva9po4_400.png
Reika
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
ohhh ohh i havent finished reading till the latest updates of this nuzlocke yet but i had to find out whats up with reika skjgrjdkjh
also i really enjoy this story.. <3 im now even more curious about catching up on it!
ohhh ohh i havent finished reading till the latest updates of this nuzlocke yet but i had to find out whats up with reika skjgrjdkjh
also i really enjoy this story.. <3 im now even more curious about catching up on it!
5710.png

| +11fr | they/them |
@cybo

Best of luck catching up!

I have no idea how much I've written, gosh
@cybo

Best of luck catching up!

I have no idea how much I've written, gosh
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Tarot's skin looks so cool! I love the detailing on his horns and face.
Things are gonna get interesting~

I kind of forgot that Ciron's eyes are on fire all of the time...somehow.
Tarot's skin looks so cool! I love the detailing on his horns and face.
Things are gonna get interesting~

I kind of forgot that Ciron's eyes are on fire all of the time...somehow.
GD7On40.png
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 62 63