Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 62 63
Oh no, this was great, it makes total sense that Hazel would be struggling to adapt to the new empathy. Like mmuted said, just trying is enough.
Oh no, this was great, it makes total sense that Hazel would be struggling to adapt to the new empathy. Like mmuted said, just trying is enough.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@Kaial I actually really like to see scenes where characters are just having emotions. It's an interesting look into what it's like to be breed changed into something else, too.

(also I definitely think doing things can make you feel a lot better than not doing things when something bad has happened.)
@Kaial I actually really like to see scenes where characters are just having emotions. It's an interesting look into what it's like to be breed changed into something else, too.

(also I definitely think doing things can make you feel a lot better than not doing things when something bad has happened.)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Kaial

This is really neat so far! Could you add me to your pinglist?
@Kaial

This is really neat so far! Could you add me to your pinglist?
@mmuted
@argenteamoon
@IronPen

Hugs for you all, I really appreciate your kindness and positivity
@mmuted
@argenteamoon
@IronPen

Hugs for you all, I really appreciate your kindness and positivity
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Never Alone

The world was still calm, even without a thick blanket of snow to muffle all around him.

The pearlcatcher sighed, looking between each dripping tree and stepping gingerly through the thick, slightly-above-freezing mud.

He already missed it. The sight of everything covered in pure, glistening white had been magical.
But that wasn't the main reason.
With the forest so snarled up in snow, they'd been safe. He'd been free to roam - as much as he could manage, anyway.

Now with everything thawing, it would all go right back to normal.
Another sigh, more frustrated this time.

He felt like a prisoner, in a way. But it was his fault, wasn't it? They were all looking for him. Not Edan, not Ila, Solveig... not even Saerun.

But, thanks to him, they were all at risk.

It was far too easy to imagine running off and turning himself in so they'd be left alone. But Saerun - amidst berating him for the thought - had insisted that it wouldn't work.

He hated not knowing. He hated that he had no control in his life. He especially hated that he'd had about a week of calm so he could really notice the dichotomy now.

The pearlcatcher grit his teeth and shook his head, peering between the trees to inspect the dull violet sky. He'd just wanted one more walk. One last chance to be alone with his thoughts before the sun rose and the last of the snow melted away for good.

He wasn't going to get it.

"Ciron!"

He jumped, startled in spite of the familiar voice. His face flushed with embarrassment at his own reaction, and he turned to face the speaker.
"What?" he snapped, snarling at the golden mirror that had been following behind him.

Espen recoiled a bit at his harsh tone, but seemed to shake it off quickly.
"Where are you going?"

"For a walk," he answered flatly, ears flicking backward.

"I'll come with you, then!" she replied brightly, trotting to reach his side.
He sidestepped and raised a brow.

"No, I was going for a walk alone," he stated, turning and starting to walk off.

"Oh! Let me rephrase that then!" Espen said, her voice still cheery. "I'm coming with you, because you're not supposed to be wandering off! You know it's not safe!"

Ciron stared her down balefully.

"Dummy!" she added, cocking her head to the side and moving to rejoin him.

He sighed, shook his head, and kept walking.

He didn't start a conversation, and neither did she. The two just moved through the trees in silence as the sun rose above them, casting long, golden strands of light between the pines. A gentle breeze picked up, causing melted snow to fall like rain around them with each gust.

It was its own kind of beautiful. He'd be more appreciative if he wasn't so keenly aware of Espen following him, so close that he felt her wingtip brush against him at times. He felt he was doing a fine job of pretending she wasn't there, but her presence still grated on him.

It wasn't that he particularly disliked her. But why did she always have to be there?

And then her talon was on his shoulder. She pulled him toward her and uttered a quick 'shh'.

"What is i-"

"Ciron, go home," she hissed, her eyes trained on something through the trees ahead of them.

"Espen, what - "

"Go home. Now. I see someone out there."

More vignettes! Though this one obviously is of consequence.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie
Never Alone

The world was still calm, even without a thick blanket of snow to muffle all around him.

The pearlcatcher sighed, looking between each dripping tree and stepping gingerly through the thick, slightly-above-freezing mud.

He already missed it. The sight of everything covered in pure, glistening white had been magical.
But that wasn't the main reason.
With the forest so snarled up in snow, they'd been safe. He'd been free to roam - as much as he could manage, anyway.

Now with everything thawing, it would all go right back to normal.
Another sigh, more frustrated this time.

He felt like a prisoner, in a way. But it was his fault, wasn't it? They were all looking for him. Not Edan, not Ila, Solveig... not even Saerun.

But, thanks to him, they were all at risk.

It was far too easy to imagine running off and turning himself in so they'd be left alone. But Saerun - amidst berating him for the thought - had insisted that it wouldn't work.

He hated not knowing. He hated that he had no control in his life. He especially hated that he'd had about a week of calm so he could really notice the dichotomy now.

The pearlcatcher grit his teeth and shook his head, peering between the trees to inspect the dull violet sky. He'd just wanted one more walk. One last chance to be alone with his thoughts before the sun rose and the last of the snow melted away for good.

He wasn't going to get it.

"Ciron!"

He jumped, startled in spite of the familiar voice. His face flushed with embarrassment at his own reaction, and he turned to face the speaker.
"What?" he snapped, snarling at the golden mirror that had been following behind him.

Espen recoiled a bit at his harsh tone, but seemed to shake it off quickly.
"Where are you going?"

"For a walk," he answered flatly, ears flicking backward.

"I'll come with you, then!" she replied brightly, trotting to reach his side.
He sidestepped and raised a brow.

"No, I was going for a walk alone," he stated, turning and starting to walk off.

"Oh! Let me rephrase that then!" Espen said, her voice still cheery. "I'm coming with you, because you're not supposed to be wandering off! You know it's not safe!"

Ciron stared her down balefully.

"Dummy!" she added, cocking her head to the side and moving to rejoin him.

He sighed, shook his head, and kept walking.

He didn't start a conversation, and neither did she. The two just moved through the trees in silence as the sun rose above them, casting long, golden strands of light between the pines. A gentle breeze picked up, causing melted snow to fall like rain around them with each gust.

It was its own kind of beautiful. He'd be more appreciative if he wasn't so keenly aware of Espen following him, so close that he felt her wingtip brush against him at times. He felt he was doing a fine job of pretending she wasn't there, but her presence still grated on him.

It wasn't that he particularly disliked her. But why did she always have to be there?

And then her talon was on his shoulder. She pulled him toward her and uttered a quick 'shh'.

"What is i-"

"Ciron, go home," she hissed, her eyes trained on something through the trees ahead of them.

"Espen, what - "

"Go home. Now. I see someone out there."

More vignettes! Though this one obviously is of consequence.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Poor Ciron. Boy just wants a normal life and can't have it. *hugs him*
Poor Ciron. Boy just wants a normal life and can't have it. *hugs him*
It's nice to see more of Ciron!
It's nice to see more of Ciron!
15gb95M.giftJC1guv.pngw0IsqjS.gif
No problem.And yay, another good update!
No problem.And yay, another good update!
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
@OrderedChaos

He's also got a bit of that Martyr Syndrome going on.

@Acuarela

Glad to hear it! I'm specifically trying to give everyone a chance at the spotlight rn. I've been really wanting to put a bit more focus on Cir too. And Espen, but we'll get to that soon for sure.

@mmuted

Much obliged!
@OrderedChaos

He's also got a bit of that Martyr Syndrome going on.

@Acuarela

Glad to hear it! I'm specifically trying to give everyone a chance at the spotlight rn. I've been really wanting to put a bit more focus on Cir too. And Espen, but we'll get to that soon for sure.

@mmuted

Much obliged!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial you bought one of my dragons and now im curious about its' fate.. but also i like your writing! could you please add me to your pinglist? :D
@Kaial you bought one of my dragons and now im curious about its' fate.. but also i like your writing! could you please add me to your pinglist? :D
5710.png

| +11fr | they/them |
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 62 63