Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 62 63
Those are the luckiets color combos! They look so beautiful!
Those are the luckiets color combos! They look so beautiful!
15gb95M.giftJC1guv.pngw0IsqjS.gif
Congrats! useless name suggestions but Modi and Magni?
Congrats! useless name suggestions but Modi and Magni?
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@Ironpen

Very cute! I recall @nwn was going to help me/share their thoughts on names when I hatched these kids, so we'll both take those into account. c:
@Ironpen

Very cute! I recall @nwn was going to help me/share their thoughts on names when I hatched these kids, so we'll both take those into account. c:
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Hey, can I be put on the pinglist? And lovely hatchlings!
Hey, can I be put on the pinglist? And lovely hatchlings!
@huskies709

Of course you may.

And thank you. c:
@huskies709

Of course you may.

And thank you. c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
those are some absolutely adorable babies [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/481607/48160640p.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/481607/48160647p.png[/img] these are my two "sibling" hatches, only minutes apart on new year's eve. i'm sorry for your loss, and hope your hiatus treats you well
those are some absolutely adorable babies

48160640p.png48160647p.png
these are my two "sibling" hatches, only minutes apart on new year's eve. i'm sorry for your loss, and hope your hiatus treats you well
KeHeNkP.jpg
Hi! I hope your time for yourself treats you well. I just read up on the whole locke and I love it so far! Id love to be added to the pinglist. <3
Hi! I hope your time for yourself treats you well. I just read up on the whole locke and I love it so far! Id love to be added to the pinglist. <3
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
@IronPen

nwn and I decided on different names for the twins but
shhh
@IronPen

nwn and I decided on different names for the twins but
shhh
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Sympathy, Empathy

Hazel sat, her legs crossed neatly under her.
With eyes shut, head bowed, and hands folded neatly in her lap, she was the picture of serenity.

...Or she would be, if not for the scowl on her face. The corners of her mouth were pulled back in something near a snarl, betraying her anxious frustration.

Saerun chuckled to herself.

"Don't laugh," Hazel hissed, glaring up at the skydancer who was watching her, leaned against the wall. She was quietly grateful the rest of the building was empty. This was hard - and embarrassing - enough with just one person.

"Sorry, kid. Sorry," Saerun replied wryly, shaking her head and forcing the grin from her face. "So... what's the verdict? Was I lying to you?"

"I..." Hazel looked down at the ground, blinking balefully before screwing her eyes shut once more. "I don't know."

"So you still can't pick up any difference, even with just us here?" Saerun asked, tilting her head to the side. Her tone wasn't mocking, but it still hurt.

"No. It's all just... buzzing," Hazel replied, rubbing her forehead and briefly passing her hand over her antennae. "It's awful. I can hardly think with it."

Saerun sighed.
"You'll probably just adjust to it in time. I was born like this so I can't really know, but..."

"Gods, that's not good enough, though," Hazel shook her head in a quick, violent jerk. "I need to be able to use these things! I need to be able to... think."

"I don't know what to tell you, Haze," Saerun shrugged. There was some tired sort of sympathy on her face. "If you really can't handle it, I know some of the girls in my old clan would cut them off so they couldn't feel everyone else around them. But antennae are a bundle of nerves. I can't imagine how badly it hurts, but I know it does for... a real long time."

Hazel let out a frustrated shriek, slightly muffled as she held her head in her hands.

"You didn't think it would work just like that, did you?" Saerun asked. "You gave yourself a whole new sense. It's gonna mess with your head for a while, Haze!"

A long few minutes of silence followed, finally interrupted as Hazel began to cry in weak sobs.

Saerun knelt next to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.
"Hey." The older skydancer sighed. "Look, I know it's hard. I'm not trying to... make it worse. But listen, it's gonna be hard. Growing is hard. Learning is. I think... you know, out of everyone here, you're the one who'll figure it out. You're a tough girl, determined. You'll figure it out."

Hazel wiped at her eyes before meeting her gaze. She wasn't calm enough to try to reply, certain she'd start sobbing again if she dared speak.

"It'll be okay."

"Are you lying?" Hazel finally asked with a weak laugh, rubbing her eyes on her sleeve.

"No, Gladekeeper's t - " Saerun shook her head and laughed as well. "Okay, you're pulling my leg. It'll be fine, Hazel. Really. We can keep doing these sessions if you want - but we're gonna have to tell Edan eventually if this keeps up."

"Yeah, thank you, 'Run."

So... I'm not sure on the hiatus. I feel like... Kiz would be sad if I stopped writing due to mourning and all. So I'm going to keep trying, even if they're not major plot updates. Fill out the characters and relationships and so on.

I apologize if these aren't the best quality. But hey, I'm trying.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted
Sympathy, Empathy

Hazel sat, her legs crossed neatly under her.
With eyes shut, head bowed, and hands folded neatly in her lap, she was the picture of serenity.

...Or she would be, if not for the scowl on her face. The corners of her mouth were pulled back in something near a snarl, betraying her anxious frustration.

Saerun chuckled to herself.

"Don't laugh," Hazel hissed, glaring up at the skydancer who was watching her, leaned against the wall. She was quietly grateful the rest of the building was empty. This was hard - and embarrassing - enough with just one person.

"Sorry, kid. Sorry," Saerun replied wryly, shaking her head and forcing the grin from her face. "So... what's the verdict? Was I lying to you?"

"I..." Hazel looked down at the ground, blinking balefully before screwing her eyes shut once more. "I don't know."

"So you still can't pick up any difference, even with just us here?" Saerun asked, tilting her head to the side. Her tone wasn't mocking, but it still hurt.

"No. It's all just... buzzing," Hazel replied, rubbing her forehead and briefly passing her hand over her antennae. "It's awful. I can hardly think with it."

Saerun sighed.
"You'll probably just adjust to it in time. I was born like this so I can't really know, but..."

"Gods, that's not good enough, though," Hazel shook her head in a quick, violent jerk. "I need to be able to use these things! I need to be able to... think."

"I don't know what to tell you, Haze," Saerun shrugged. There was some tired sort of sympathy on her face. "If you really can't handle it, I know some of the girls in my old clan would cut them off so they couldn't feel everyone else around them. But antennae are a bundle of nerves. I can't imagine how badly it hurts, but I know it does for... a real long time."

Hazel let out a frustrated shriek, slightly muffled as she held her head in her hands.

"You didn't think it would work just like that, did you?" Saerun asked. "You gave yourself a whole new sense. It's gonna mess with your head for a while, Haze!"

A long few minutes of silence followed, finally interrupted as Hazel began to cry in weak sobs.

Saerun knelt next to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.
"Hey." The older skydancer sighed. "Look, I know it's hard. I'm not trying to... make it worse. But listen, it's gonna be hard. Growing is hard. Learning is. I think... you know, out of everyone here, you're the one who'll figure it out. You're a tough girl, determined. You'll figure it out."

Hazel wiped at her eyes before meeting her gaze. She wasn't calm enough to try to reply, certain she'd start sobbing again if she dared speak.

"It'll be okay."

"Are you lying?" Hazel finally asked with a weak laugh, rubbing her eyes on her sleeve.

"No, Gladekeeper's t - " Saerun shook her head and laughed as well. "Okay, you're pulling my leg. It'll be fine, Hazel. Really. We can keep doing these sessions if you want - but we're gonna have to tell Edan eventually if this keeps up."

"Yeah, thank you, 'Run."

So... I'm not sure on the hiatus. I feel like... Kiz would be sad if I stopped writing due to mourning and all. So I'm going to keep trying, even if they're not major plot updates. Fill out the characters and relationships and so on.

I apologize if these aren't the best quality. But hey, I'm trying.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Hey this was a cute peek into their relationship! I hope someday to see Hazel excited over not having to admit 'I dont know.'

(And, hey, just trying is okay too. I may be a new reader here compared to others, but I'm glad to see you around anyways.)
Hey this was a cute peek into their relationship! I hope someday to see Hazel excited over not having to admit 'I dont know.'

(And, hey, just trying is okay too. I may be a new reader here compared to others, but I'm glad to see you around anyways.)
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 62 63