Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 62 63
@Weredogalism

It does, but give the extremely remote location Edan is in, and how crazy things have been for the group, it's not really occurred to him it's happening atm.

I will lightly touch on the holiday in the future - it's how our roc friend found all those eggs to hatch, after all. c;
@Weredogalism

It does, but give the extremely remote location Edan is in, and how crazy things have been for the group, it's not really occurred to him it's happening atm.

I will lightly touch on the holiday in the future - it's how our roc friend found all those eggs to hatch, after all. c;
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
[b]Plans[/b] It was late in the morning by the time Edan woke, roused by the groggy cries of one of the nocturne hatchlings. He hurried to his feet and scooped the infant up, attempting to soothe it before it woke the rest of the house. After a few minutes of bouncing, and then simply shoving some food in its mouth, the nocturne calmed and settled in his arms. [i]Maybe I should make breakfast,[/i] he thought, pacing the room on his hind legs. He peered into the new room to check on Saerun, who had indeed stayed for the night. She was sleeping, though she didn’t exactly look peaceful, with her brow furrowed and mouth pulled into a grimace. A pitiful sight. The rest of the hatchlings still slept, unperturbed by the earlier fussing from the one he carried. Rorin and Ila were still in their beds, and Solveig was… [i]Gods damnit.[/i] “Where the [i]hell [/i]did you go this time?” Edan hissed under his breath, casting another look through the house before switching to his second sight, and letting out a relieved sigh at the heat signature just outside the building. “You really had me worried again for a second there,” he stated, shutting the door behind himself and heading over to the pearlcatcher. “Sorry,” Solveig bowed their head, offering a sheepish smile. “I couldn’t stay asleep. I didn’t want to wake anyone, so I thought I’d head outside and sort the wood we have left.” “You should probably head inside and try to get a bit more rest,” Edan frowned, looking over the pearlcatcher’s bloodshot, heavy-lidded eyes. “You look like hell.” “Maybe…” Solveig admitted. “But it looks like everyone else must be waking up by now.” “No, it’s just me and… this one,” Edan replied, looking down at the hatchling leaned against his shoulder. “Ila said she was naming that one Hazel.” “She named them all already?” “I assume so. I don’t know the others, though. That’s the name I heard before Ror came to get me.” “Hm, Hazel. Hello, Hazel,” Edan held the hatchling out, looking it over. It let out a delighted trill and attempted to grab onto his face. He let it pull on his frill as he turned to look back at the pearlcatcher. “So. Sol, a [i]lot [/i]has been going on recently. Even these kids would be a lot to deal with. I appreciate all the work you’re doing, but you need to rest. So go inside, lie down, and I’ll set some breakfast up.” It was a nicely-worded order, but an order nonetheless. Solveig stared for a moment, then let out a strange sort of half chuckle and turned, heading toward the door. “Alright, Edan.” The pearlcatcher had already flopped into bed by the time Edan made it inside, and had started lightly snoring by the time he had started to cook anything. Edan sighed, silently chastising himself for not making sure the others were looking after themselves better. With all the literal infants showing up, it was easy to forget that everyone else was still young, too. “Do you need any help?” came a quiet voice from over his shoulder. Edan jumped, but managed not to shout in alarm. He turned to look at Ila, who had managed to tiptoe all the way to him without his noticing. “…Yeah,” he replied, tipping the contents of his pan onto a plate. “This was for Sol, but they’re passed out, so just have some yourself and give the rest to the other hatchlings when it’s cooled off. Also, poke Rorin awake. I’m working on food for us next.” “Why don’t I just wake Sol up?” she asked, eyeing him quizzically. “They just were up,” Edan replied with a shrug. “They were outside. I made them go back to bed.” “Hmm,” Ila cast a scrutinizing look at their sleeping sibling. “Okaaay…” She stood there for a while as Edan cooked, quietly eating and occasionally blowing on the food to cool it down. Eventually, she spoke up once more. “Edan?” “Hmm?” the mirror grunted in response, flipping his steak. “Do you think Sol’s been acting kind of weird recently?” “I…” Edan began, pondering it for a moment. “Well. How ‘bout you tell me.” “But I’m asking you!” she replied, frowning. “You’ve known Sol all your life,” Edan replied. “You’d know better than me. I’ve always had some trouble figuring them out.” “Well…” Ila sighed. “Yeah, they’ve been kind of weird recently. I think.” “Is there something you think I should do?” Edan asked, turning to look at the nocturne, pan in his hands. “I don’t know if there’s really anything [i]to [/i]be done,” Ila replied, wrapping her arms around herself. “I can’t even really say what’s different, aside from them being more. Like. Distant. I guess I’m just worried.” “None of us have had any time to act normal,” Edan replied. “I’m worried too. But we just have to keep on going until… until we do. I feel like I’m gonna jinx myself saying this, but things can’t stay this crazy for much longer.” On that note, one of the other hatchlings began to whine, and soon the whole pile was awake and crying out. Ila rushed off without another word, sitting and gathering the three nocturnes into her lap to feed. Edan watched with quiet amusement as she succeeded in getting them to take bites from the plate, and began to praise them in baby talk. “So, Solveig told me you’ve named them all?” he asked, before pointing a thumb at the hatchling still perched on his shoulder. “I know this one is Hazel.” “Yep!” Ila replied, pointing from hatchling to hatchling. “There’s Clade, Espen… and the one that keeps falling over is Marshall.” “…He’s not balancing? That’s kind of worrying.” “No, I mean, he’s a lot… rounder than the other ones so when he stumbles he kinda just starts rolling.” Edan snorted, shaking his head. “Hope he grows out of it.” The fire-eyed pearlcatcher hatchling toddled out from the side room, making a beeline toward Ila and her plate. Saerun followed shortly after, blanket securely wrapped around her shoulders. She sat down a fair distance away from Ila, keeping an eye on the young pearlcatcher. “Good morning,” Ila greeted, smiling brightly at the skydancer. She didn’t seem to know how to respond. “I expected you to sleep longer,” Edan remarked, taking an apple from one of his shelves in one hand, and a plate for Rorin in the other. He passed by the mirror first, nudging him awake with his foot and dropping the plate next to him. “No, I was lying awake for a little while before now,” she replied quietly, looking down. “I’ve always been a light sleeper.” “I see,” Edan replied slowly, sitting down across from her and offering the apple. “Well, if you heard Ila listing off the kids’ names that’ll save us some time.” “I did,” she replied, a slight smile on her face at his comment as she accepted the fruit. “Alright, so that leaves Ila,” Edan began, gesturing to the nocturne. “It’s very nice to meet you,” Ila greeted warmly, offering a small wave between keeping the four hatchlings that were currently swarming her balanced. “And the other mirror is Rorin.” Rorin groggily waved, sitting up and squinting blearily. “And the pearlcatcher over there who’s still sleeping is Solveig,” Edan finished, gesturing toward them before looking back to Saerun. “They’re the one who healed you before we brought you here.” Saerun cast a long, considering gaze at the sleeping pearlcatcher. She then took a bite out of her apple, looking between him and the ground. “We couldn’t find the rest of your arm,” Edan continued. “You didn’t lose it there, did you?” “No.” “Where did you? And how did it happen? Was it a creature, or a dragon?” “I don’t remember - I didn’t even feel it happen. I really… don’t want to talk about it.” “I’m not expecting you to go into detail - “ Edan began, but stopped himself, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Okay, Saerun, all I need to know is if someone is looking for you. You said you weren’t safe, and if there’s a dragon after you we need to prepare for that.” Saerun looked ill, wrapping her arms around herself and pulling the blanket tighter. “…Yes, it’s other dragons. A group,” she relented. “If they did this to me… they probably think I’m dead by now. But they might be looking for Ciron.” “Damnit. Then… you’re both going to stay inside for now,” Edan frowned. “What should we expect if we run into one of them?” “They’ll come off… normal, friendly. And they’ll say they need help,” Saerun replied, her voice bitter. “If you turn them down, they’ll turn violent.” “Edan and I can keep watch,” Rorin assured, now quite awake and eager to calm the skydancer’s fears. “We can see things way before they see us - unless they’re mirrors too, anyway.” “No. Mostly pearlcatchers,” Saerun replied quietly. “How far… where are we, anyway? How far did I run?” “You’re in Dragonhome, the far Southeast of it,” Edan replied, silently musing on how to handle the situation. He wasn’t as hopeful as Rorin seemed to be. “Then… they’d be coming from the South,” Saerun rubbed her shoulder. “Cusp of the Tangled Wood and Plaguelands.” Edan was silent for a time, forcing himself to eat in spite of feeling quite ill at that point. Finally, he stood and nodded to Rorin. “Okay so, we’re going to patrol, get ready,” he ordered, then turned to Ila. “And you’re going to look after everyone while we’re gone, alright? I’ll sweep everywhere around the house first, but if someone comes, don’t say anything about Saerun or Ciron.” “[i]Of course[/i] I won't,” Ila replied, clearly offended he felt the need to say that. The mirror shook his head, grabbed his cleaver and satchels, and headed for the door. What he really needed was time to clear his head. --------- [sub] @Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa Another chapter! I'm not usually gonna be doing one a day, but given all the new clan members I want to get all the details down before even more things come up. Can't get bogged down! I also took some time today while nursing a migraine to (kinda badly, but whatever) draw the current adult dragons in this 'locke. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f4c865ce7c3c722d4a0cc34445b5e9e1/tumblr_pkfb37915V1rcva9po1_500.png[/img] Ila is very spiky. It probably won't come up in the 'locke, but I wanted to hint that one of her blood parents was a ridgeback.
Plans

It was late in the morning by the time Edan woke, roused by the groggy cries of one of the nocturne hatchlings.

He hurried to his feet and scooped the infant up, attempting to soothe it before it woke the rest of the house. After a few minutes of bouncing, and then simply shoving some food in its mouth, the nocturne calmed and settled in his arms.

Maybe I should make breakfast, he thought, pacing the room on his hind legs. He peered into the new room to check on Saerun, who had indeed stayed for the night. She was sleeping, though she didn’t exactly look peaceful, with her brow furrowed and mouth pulled into a grimace.

A pitiful sight.

The rest of the hatchlings still slept, unperturbed by the earlier fussing from the one he carried. Rorin and Ila were still in their beds, and Solveig was…

Gods damnit.

“Where the hell did you go this time?” Edan hissed under his breath, casting another look through the house before switching to his second sight, and letting out a relieved sigh at the heat signature just outside the building.

“You really had me worried again for a second there,” he stated, shutting the door behind himself and heading over to the pearlcatcher.

“Sorry,” Solveig bowed their head, offering a sheepish smile. “I couldn’t stay asleep. I didn’t want to wake anyone, so I thought I’d head outside and sort the wood we have left.”

“You should probably head inside and try to get a bit more rest,” Edan frowned, looking over the pearlcatcher’s bloodshot, heavy-lidded eyes. “You look like hell.”

“Maybe…” Solveig admitted. “But it looks like everyone else must be waking up by now.”

“No, it’s just me and… this one,” Edan replied, looking down at the hatchling leaned against his shoulder.

“Ila said she was naming that one Hazel.”

“She named them all already?”

“I assume so. I don’t know the others, though. That’s the name I heard before Ror came to get me.”

“Hm, Hazel. Hello, Hazel,” Edan held the hatchling out, looking it over. It let out a delighted trill and attempted to grab onto his face. He let it pull on his frill as he turned to look back at the pearlcatcher. “So. Sol, a lot has been going on recently. Even these kids would be a lot to deal with. I appreciate all the work you’re doing, but you need to rest. So go inside, lie down, and I’ll set some breakfast up.”

It was a nicely-worded order, but an order nonetheless.

Solveig stared for a moment, then let out a strange sort of half chuckle and turned, heading toward the door. “Alright, Edan.”

The pearlcatcher had already flopped into bed by the time Edan made it inside, and had started lightly snoring by the time he had started to cook anything.

Edan sighed, silently chastising himself for not making sure the others were looking after themselves better. With all the literal infants showing up, it was easy to forget that everyone else was still young, too.

“Do you need any help?” came a quiet voice from over his shoulder.

Edan jumped, but managed not to shout in alarm. He turned to look at Ila, who had managed to tiptoe all the way to him without his noticing.

“…Yeah,” he replied, tipping the contents of his pan onto a plate. “This was for Sol, but they’re passed out, so just have some yourself and give the rest to the other hatchlings when it’s cooled off. Also, poke Rorin awake. I’m working on food for us next.”

“Why don’t I just wake Sol up?” she asked, eyeing him quizzically.

“They just were up,” Edan replied with a shrug. “They were outside. I made them go back to bed.”

“Hmm,” Ila cast a scrutinizing look at their sleeping sibling. “Okaaay…”

She stood there for a while as Edan cooked, quietly eating and occasionally blowing on the food to cool it down. Eventually, she spoke up once more.
“Edan?”

“Hmm?” the mirror grunted in response, flipping his steak.

“Do you think Sol’s been acting kind of weird recently?”

“I…” Edan began, pondering it for a moment. “Well. How ‘bout you tell me.”

“But I’m asking you!” she replied, frowning.

“You’ve known Sol all your life,” Edan replied. “You’d know better than me. I’ve always had some trouble figuring them out.”

“Well…” Ila sighed. “Yeah, they’ve been kind of weird recently. I think.”

“Is there something you think I should do?” Edan asked, turning to look at the nocturne, pan in his hands.

“I don’t know if there’s really anything to be done,” Ila replied, wrapping her arms around herself. “I can’t even really say what’s different, aside from them being more. Like. Distant. I guess I’m just worried.”

“None of us have had any time to act normal,” Edan replied. “I’m worried too. But we just have to keep on going until… until we do. I feel like I’m gonna jinx myself saying this, but things can’t stay this crazy for much longer.”

On that note, one of the other hatchlings began to whine, and soon the whole pile was awake and crying out. Ila rushed off without another word, sitting and gathering the three nocturnes into her lap to feed.

Edan watched with quiet amusement as she succeeded in getting them to take bites from the plate, and began to praise them in baby talk.

“So, Solveig told me you’ve named them all?” he asked, before pointing a thumb at the hatchling still perched on his shoulder. “I know this one is Hazel.”

“Yep!” Ila replied, pointing from hatchling to hatchling. “There’s Clade, Espen… and the one that keeps falling over is Marshall.”

“…He’s not balancing? That’s kind of worrying.”

“No, I mean, he’s a lot… rounder than the other ones so when he stumbles he kinda just starts rolling.”

Edan snorted, shaking his head. “Hope he grows out of it.”

The fire-eyed pearlcatcher hatchling toddled out from the side room, making a beeline toward Ila and her plate. Saerun followed shortly after, blanket securely wrapped around her shoulders. She sat down a fair distance away from Ila, keeping an eye on the young pearlcatcher.

“Good morning,” Ila greeted, smiling brightly at the skydancer. She didn’t seem to know how to respond.

“I expected you to sleep longer,” Edan remarked, taking an apple from one of his shelves in one hand, and a plate for Rorin in the other. He passed by the mirror first, nudging him awake with his foot and dropping the plate next to him.

“No, I was lying awake for a little while before now,” she replied quietly, looking down. “I’ve always been a light sleeper.”

“I see,” Edan replied slowly, sitting down across from her and offering the apple. “Well, if you heard Ila listing off the kids’ names that’ll save us some time.”

“I did,” she replied, a slight smile on her face at his comment as she accepted the fruit.

“Alright, so that leaves Ila,” Edan began, gesturing to the nocturne.

“It’s very nice to meet you,” Ila greeted warmly, offering a small wave between keeping the four hatchlings that were currently swarming her balanced.

“And the other mirror is Rorin.”

Rorin groggily waved, sitting up and squinting blearily.

“And the pearlcatcher over there who’s still sleeping is Solveig,” Edan finished, gesturing toward them before looking back to Saerun. “They’re the one who healed you before we brought you here.”

Saerun cast a long, considering gaze at the sleeping pearlcatcher. She then took a bite out of her apple, looking between him and the ground.

“We couldn’t find the rest of your arm,” Edan continued. “You didn’t lose it there, did you?”

“No.”

“Where did you? And how did it happen? Was it a creature, or a dragon?”

“I don’t remember - I didn’t even feel it happen. I really… don’t want to talk about it.”

“I’m not expecting you to go into detail - “ Edan began, but stopped himself, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Okay, Saerun, all I need to know is if someone is looking for you. You said you weren’t safe, and if there’s a dragon after you we need to prepare for that.”

Saerun looked ill, wrapping her arms around herself and pulling the blanket tighter.
“…Yes, it’s other dragons. A group,” she relented. “If they did this to me… they probably think I’m dead by now. But they might be looking for Ciron.”

“Damnit. Then… you’re both going to stay inside for now,” Edan frowned. “What should we expect if we run into one of them?”

“They’ll come off… normal, friendly. And they’ll say they need help,” Saerun replied, her voice bitter. “If you turn them down, they’ll turn violent.”

“Edan and I can keep watch,” Rorin assured, now quite awake and eager to calm the skydancer’s fears. “We can see things way before they see us - unless they’re mirrors too, anyway.”

“No. Mostly pearlcatchers,” Saerun replied quietly. “How far… where are we, anyway? How far did I run?”

“You’re in Dragonhome, the far Southeast of it,” Edan replied, silently musing on how to handle the situation. He wasn’t as hopeful as Rorin seemed to be.

“Then… they’d be coming from the South,” Saerun rubbed her shoulder. “Cusp of the Tangled Wood and Plaguelands.”

Edan was silent for a time, forcing himself to eat in spite of feeling quite ill at that point. Finally, he stood and nodded to Rorin.
“Okay so, we’re going to patrol, get ready,” he ordered, then turned to Ila. “And you’re going to look after everyone while we’re gone, alright? I’ll sweep everywhere around the house first, but if someone comes, don’t say anything about Saerun or Ciron.”

Of course I won't,” Ila replied, clearly offended he felt the need to say that.

The mirror shook his head, grabbed his cleaver and satchels, and headed for the door.

What he really needed was time to clear his head.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa

Another chapter! I'm not usually gonna be doing one a day, but given all the new clan members I want to get all the details down before even more things come up.

Can't get bogged down!

I also took some time today while nursing a migraine to (kinda badly, but whatever) draw the current adult dragons in this 'locke.

tumblr_pkfb37915V1rcva9po1_500.png

Ila is very spiky. It probably won't come up in the 'locke, but I wanted to hint that one of her blood parents was a ridgeback.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Nice art! I like the way you get their faces to give a hint of their personalities :)
Nice art! I like the way you get their faces to give a hint of their personalities :)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
[sub]@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa[/sub] Hello again, folks! How are you all? How's your NotN going? I'm taking a moment to let you know about some general updates: First and foremost, the team roster has been properly updated AND streamlined to look nicer on the first page. That aside, I've added some important notes to the "How to Help" infoblock. Aside from that, I've been blessed with not one, but two pieces of art featuring nuzlocke characters! Check out this adorable pixel Edan by @Dovalore: [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/243d5eea-124e-462f-899b-fbfdc3754bb3/dcvjyik-5543896b-0ba4-4c1c-bff1-20f20f4f89d6.png[/img] And this breathtaking portrait sketch of Saerun by @constellationxx! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/707880c114282a3a070f9afb76cb2f45/tumblr_pkfpc5HkaS1wc0r0go1_540.jpg[/img]
@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa

Hello again, folks! How are you all? How's your NotN going?

I'm taking a moment to let you know about some general updates:

First and foremost, the team roster has been properly updated AND streamlined to look nicer on the first page. That aside, I've added some important notes to the "How to Help" infoblock.

Aside from that, I've been blessed with not one, but two pieces of art featuring nuzlocke characters!

Check out this adorable pixel Edan by @Dovalore:
dcvjyik-5543896b-0ba4-4c1c-bff1-20f20f4f89d6.png

And this breathtaking portrait sketch of Saerun by @constellationxx!
tumblr_pkfpc5HkaS1wc0r0go1_540.jpg
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
COngrats!
COngrats!
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Choices

It was a cold, clear afternoon. The sun was high, and visibility was good.

For the two mirrors, this was much more of a detriment than anything else. They had to patrol on foot, otherwise they’d be spotted in the sky long before noticing anything themselves.

For hours now, they’d been sweeping the territory, circling outward further and further from home. Mercifully, they’d found nothing thusfar.

After the initial panic had worn off, Edan had been lost in thought, weighing the pros and cons of harboring their new acquaintances.

It was hard to justify attempting to keep two dragons safe - neither of which were of much help to his budding clan at this point - when it put the rest of them all at risk.

But, it was impossible to imagine denying a severely injured young dragoness and an infant safety, when there was no other shelter for miles around.

There was no good option.

“Rorin.”

The young mirror immediately snapped to attention, turning to face him.

“I’m going to ask your opinion on something, and I need you to really think when you answer,” Edan stated, sternly meeting his companion’s gaze. “Understand?”

“Y-yes,” Rorin replied, nodding quickly. “Of course.”

“I want you to be a guard for us, like I’ve been,” Edan began. “You’re like me. We can see in different ways from the others, and because of that, we can help in ways they can’t.”

“Wait are you just… asking me if I want to be a guard?” Rorin asked, somewhat incredulous. “You didn’t have to - of course I do! I’ve always wanted to help - ”

“I wanted to make sure we’re on the same page,” Edan replied simply, taking a moment to scan the area. “Because if you want to be a protector, you have to make tough choices. Now this is when I need you to really think, Rorin. Does attempting to help two new dragons justify endangering eight others?”

“You mean Saer - ”

“Of course I do. Now put your emotions aside and really think about it.”

“I…” Rorin cast him a helpless look before turning away, biting his lip and thinking. “I…”

Edan remained silent, simply watching as the other mirror considered his response.

“I think… that no matter what, we’ll still be at risk,” Rorin finally replied, slowly turning back to look at Edan. “I think that if what Saerun says is true, they would be a danger to us either way. We live in a house, and if they saw it, they’d come to it. So we’re not putting ourselves in any more danger by letting her stay.”

“I see,” Edan replied. “And what will we do if they do find our home? If we trust what Saerun says, then we’re in great danger if they know where we are. I’m sure the whole group won’t come at once, but if a scout comes, do you understand what we have to do to stay safe?”

“We… gods. Why don’t you just tell me we’ll have to kill them? I know that’s what you’re getting at!” Rorin snapped desperately.

“Because I want you to think through it yourself! I want you to realize why I’ve come to that conclusion!” Edan replied gruffly. “You did, immediately, because it’s the best option we have.”

Rorin looked up at him silently, gritting his teeth.

“Now, go over it again and tell me if you’re certain,” Edan stated, his voice steady and low.

“The best option is to keep Saerun and Ciron safe with us,” Rorin began, then he bowed his head. “And if someone comes, we have to kill them so they don’t tell their clan where we are.”

“Alright,” Edan nodded. “Then that’s what we’ll do.”

“Wait, I’m the one deciding?” Rorin asked shakily.

“No, we talked about it and came to an agreement,” Edan replied, shaking his head. He offered the young mirror a small half-smile he hoped was reassuring. “And that’s how it’s going to be from now on.”

Rorin opened his mouth, only to shut it without saying a word.

“Anyway,” Edan stretched, scanning the area once more. “Do you see what I see off behind that bramble patch?”

“Heat signature,” Rorin replied slowly, gazing out. “Looks like a deer.”

“Yep,” Edan turned, crouching down and beginning to stalk in its direction. “We’ve looked long enough for today. Let’s take this one down and bring it home. We need the meat.”

My internet has been terrible and I can't grind, so I wrote up a chapter for y'all.

Growing up is hard, especially in a nuzlocke.

On a more fun note, Edan, Ila, and Solveig successfully made it to level 25 with no deaths! Rorin and Saerun have reached level 15 - but sadly I can't buy genes atm so they're basic as ever!

(I've got an offer in on a non-nuzlocke dragon so I can't spend any of my funds until I know how that turns out!)

Anyway, I hope your internet's better than mine! Best of luck with the NotN grind.
Choices

It was a cold, clear afternoon. The sun was high, and visibility was good.

For the two mirrors, this was much more of a detriment than anything else. They had to patrol on foot, otherwise they’d be spotted in the sky long before noticing anything themselves.

For hours now, they’d been sweeping the territory, circling outward further and further from home. Mercifully, they’d found nothing thusfar.

After the initial panic had worn off, Edan had been lost in thought, weighing the pros and cons of harboring their new acquaintances.

It was hard to justify attempting to keep two dragons safe - neither of which were of much help to his budding clan at this point - when it put the rest of them all at risk.

But, it was impossible to imagine denying a severely injured young dragoness and an infant safety, when there was no other shelter for miles around.

There was no good option.

“Rorin.”

The young mirror immediately snapped to attention, turning to face him.

“I’m going to ask your opinion on something, and I need you to really think when you answer,” Edan stated, sternly meeting his companion’s gaze. “Understand?”

“Y-yes,” Rorin replied, nodding quickly. “Of course.”

“I want you to be a guard for us, like I’ve been,” Edan began. “You’re like me. We can see in different ways from the others, and because of that, we can help in ways they can’t.”

“Wait are you just… asking me if I want to be a guard?” Rorin asked, somewhat incredulous. “You didn’t have to - of course I do! I’ve always wanted to help - ”

“I wanted to make sure we’re on the same page,” Edan replied simply, taking a moment to scan the area. “Because if you want to be a protector, you have to make tough choices. Now this is when I need you to really think, Rorin. Does attempting to help two new dragons justify endangering eight others?”

“You mean Saer - ”

“Of course I do. Now put your emotions aside and really think about it.”

“I…” Rorin cast him a helpless look before turning away, biting his lip and thinking. “I…”

Edan remained silent, simply watching as the other mirror considered his response.

“I think… that no matter what, we’ll still be at risk,” Rorin finally replied, slowly turning back to look at Edan. “I think that if what Saerun says is true, they would be a danger to us either way. We live in a house, and if they saw it, they’d come to it. So we’re not putting ourselves in any more danger by letting her stay.”

“I see,” Edan replied. “And what will we do if they do find our home? If we trust what Saerun says, then we’re in great danger if they know where we are. I’m sure the whole group won’t come at once, but if a scout comes, do you understand what we have to do to stay safe?”

“We… gods. Why don’t you just tell me we’ll have to kill them? I know that’s what you’re getting at!” Rorin snapped desperately.

“Because I want you to think through it yourself! I want you to realize why I’ve come to that conclusion!” Edan replied gruffly. “You did, immediately, because it’s the best option we have.”

Rorin looked up at him silently, gritting his teeth.

“Now, go over it again and tell me if you’re certain,” Edan stated, his voice steady and low.

“The best option is to keep Saerun and Ciron safe with us,” Rorin began, then he bowed his head. “And if someone comes, we have to kill them so they don’t tell their clan where we are.”

“Alright,” Edan nodded. “Then that’s what we’ll do.”

“Wait, I’m the one deciding?” Rorin asked shakily.

“No, we talked about it and came to an agreement,” Edan replied, shaking his head. He offered the young mirror a small half-smile he hoped was reassuring. “And that’s how it’s going to be from now on.”

Rorin opened his mouth, only to shut it without saying a word.

“Anyway,” Edan stretched, scanning the area once more. “Do you see what I see off behind that bramble patch?”

“Heat signature,” Rorin replied slowly, gazing out. “Looks like a deer.”

“Yep,” Edan turned, crouching down and beginning to stalk in its direction. “We’ve looked long enough for today. Let’s take this one down and bring it home. We need the meat.”

My internet has been terrible and I can't grind, so I wrote up a chapter for y'all.

Growing up is hard, especially in a nuzlocke.

On a more fun note, Edan, Ila, and Solveig successfully made it to level 25 with no deaths! Rorin and Saerun have reached level 15 - but sadly I can't buy genes atm so they're basic as ever!

(I've got an offer in on a non-nuzlocke dragon so I can't spend any of my funds until I know how that turns out!)

Anyway, I hope your internet's better than mine! Best of luck with the NotN grind.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon

So guys, I have some questions for you. I'd appreciate very much if you took the time to answer, as it will affect how this nuzlocke works going forward.

First off, some of you likely noticed I've not really mentioned familiars, save for the roc.
The reason why I've done this thusfar is I found it became quite difficult to write all the drops in back when I wrote Arcane Exile, so I thought this time I'd instead only write in highly notable ones.
But none of the dragons featured in the locke have any set familiars at this time, lorewise.

Has this bothered you at all? Or did you not really mind/notice? Would you prefer I write in some more familiars going forward, or continue with the much more simplified formula I have now?

Second, I want to discuss breed changes, and how to handle them within the 'locke.
Thusfar I've simply breed changed dragons before writing them in, which saves the general awkwardness of said transformations.

Buuut, I've got a lot of nocs. They're fine, but I prefer most other breeds. In fact, all four of the babies I recently introduced don't have nocturne as their end goal breed!

It's not terribly feasible for Edan's crew to just head to a communal marketplace given their remote location - and they don't exactly have money to throw around either. In AE I had a scroll be "accidentally" stolen at one point, but my first point still makes that incredibly unlikely for ISotG at best.

So what do you guys think of dragons being able to slowly change from one breed to the other? Or is that too much of a lore break?

I can figure out other options, including how scrolls could be purchased in theory by the clan in the future. So just let me know.

Aside from that, is there anything you want to see, or have questions about? Now's a great time to tell me! Thanks for your time! c:

So guys, I have some questions for you. I'd appreciate very much if you took the time to answer, as it will affect how this nuzlocke works going forward.

First off, some of you likely noticed I've not really mentioned familiars, save for the roc.
The reason why I've done this thusfar is I found it became quite difficult to write all the drops in back when I wrote Arcane Exile, so I thought this time I'd instead only write in highly notable ones.
But none of the dragons featured in the locke have any set familiars at this time, lorewise.

Has this bothered you at all? Or did you not really mind/notice? Would you prefer I write in some more familiars going forward, or continue with the much more simplified formula I have now?

Second, I want to discuss breed changes, and how to handle them within the 'locke.
Thusfar I've simply breed changed dragons before writing them in, which saves the general awkwardness of said transformations.

Buuut, I've got a lot of nocs. They're fine, but I prefer most other breeds. In fact, all four of the babies I recently introduced don't have nocturne as their end goal breed!

It's not terribly feasible for Edan's crew to just head to a communal marketplace given their remote location - and they don't exactly have money to throw around either. In AE I had a scroll be "accidentally" stolen at one point, but my first point still makes that incredibly unlikely for ISotG at best.

So what do you guys think of dragons being able to slowly change from one breed to the other? Or is that too much of a lore break?

I can figure out other options, including how scrolls could be purchased in theory by the clan in the future. So just let me know.

Aside from that, is there anything you want to see, or have questions about? Now's a great time to tell me! Thanks for your time! c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial
Slow breed changes would be ok, but! remember Nocs are a breed that likes to mimic so maybe they mimic so hard they become another breed. Or maybe make one of your dragons an enchanter to write scrolls if given proper materials.

And as for the familiars, that's kinda what I'm doing too, since I'm only planning on mentioning like, permanent fixtures like Smokey's cat Tavern.
@Kaial
Slow breed changes would be ok, but! remember Nocs are a breed that likes to mimic so maybe they mimic so hard they become another breed. Or maybe make one of your dragons an enchanter to write scrolls if given proper materials.

And as for the familiars, that's kinda what I'm doing too, since I'm only planning on mentioning like, permanent fixtures like Smokey's cat Tavern.
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
@Kaial
Imo, in a world of magic, I don't think it is much of a "lore-breaker" for me. After all, I always thought of the difference between magic and science is that the former is unexplainable/limitless. If you know what I mean lol.
As far as the fams, I don't mind what you do with that either as they are your characters. I'd hate to see you over burden yourself and end up too stressed to write anymore.

Thus far I've enjoyed your writing style a lot, just go with your gut! :D

(Also, I mean if people can have shade-touched and friendly emperors, then why not right??! xD)
@Kaial
Imo, in a world of magic, I don't think it is much of a "lore-breaker" for me. After all, I always thought of the difference between magic and science is that the former is unexplainable/limitless. If you know what I mean lol.
As far as the fams, I don't mind what you do with that either as they are your characters. I'd hate to see you over burden yourself and end up too stressed to write anymore.

Thus far I've enjoyed your writing style a lot, just go with your gut! :D

(Also, I mean if people can have shade-touched and friendly emperors, then why not right??! xD)
OOIa5x2.png
@Kaial Ooohhhh man. :E that's difficult. I think as far as my personal lore is concerned, Nocturnes are supposed to be mimic dragons. I disliked that the only official lore is that they can mimic voice and personality- especially if they're purpose was to infiltrate other clans. In my opinion, nocturnes raised around another species of dragon simply change to mimic that species over time.

They still have subtle Nocturne features, but they're basically very slow biological shapeshifters. I've used this to justify both breed changes and design changes for my nocturnes in the past! (This Nocturne has fur bcus they were raised by tundras, for example)

I know that doesn't quite help, but maybe making nocturnes dragons with shapeshifting abilities (that can be honed or ignored completely) could help explain some of the breed changes!

Edit---
Also!! Familiars are just like irl pets imo: completely optional and based on availability and ability or capacity to care. We don't collect every stray cat we see, so why would dragons?
@Kaial Ooohhhh man. :E that's difficult. I think as far as my personal lore is concerned, Nocturnes are supposed to be mimic dragons. I disliked that the only official lore is that they can mimic voice and personality- especially if they're purpose was to infiltrate other clans. In my opinion, nocturnes raised around another species of dragon simply change to mimic that species over time.

They still have subtle Nocturne features, but they're basically very slow biological shapeshifters. I've used this to justify both breed changes and design changes for my nocturnes in the past! (This Nocturne has fur bcus they were raised by tundras, for example)

I know that doesn't quite help, but maybe making nocturnes dragons with shapeshifting abilities (that can be honed or ignored completely) could help explain some of the breed changes!

Edit---
Also!! Familiars are just like irl pets imo: completely optional and based on availability and ability or capacity to care. We don't collect every stray cat we see, so why would dragons?
VXZZmOI.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 62 63