Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Bast’s Writing Workshop
This is mostly personal- I want somewhere to write little drabbles and stories about my dragons while I figure out the lore behind them.

Should I add more? Most stories will have links to the dragons they display, and said dragons will link back to their stories (unless they’re only mentioned.)

Criticism is welcome, but I’d prefer comments on my page to keep things neat!
This is mostly personal- I want somewhere to write little drabbles and stories about my dragons while I figure out the lore behind them.

Should I add more? Most stories will have links to the dragons they display, and said dragons will link back to their stories (unless they’re only mentioned.)

Criticism is welcome, but I’d prefer comments on my page to keep things neat!
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
Training visit
- started: 10/8/18
- features: Swade, Cetus, Fenris

“Aw, don’t be such a hatchling, Cet! It’ll be fuuun!”
“Until I get a wing broken off.”
“Your mum’s a maaaage, Cet, she can fix things like that!”

Walking behind her son and friend’s son, Swade listened to the younger dragon’s discussion. The truth was, though she could heal small things, cuts and bruises, broken wings would call for a visit to Appolis. No one liked a visit to Appolis.

“Well, I guess you’re right,” Cetus huffed. “I’ve just never been to the Coliseum before.”
“Wait- then why do you wear that stupid green rouge junk?”
“It’s not stupid! It looks cool!”
“Let’s test that. Hey, Aunt Swade, doesn’t Cetus look stupid in his outfit?”
The skull-adorned Pearlcatcher simply rolled her eyes at their shenanigans. “How much longer is the walk?” She asked, her wings stretching out. “It’s getting tiresome.”
“We’re almost there. See that big, white building?”
“So that’s not just another rune?” Cetus asked, holding his pearl up to deflect the sunlight. It was bright in the early morning, even to the Light dragons.
“Of course not! No rune’s gonna be THAT big!”

The yellow Tundra jumping into almost a sprint, his furry wings sliding open and lifting him into a low glide. Cetus grabbed his pearl in his mouth, following suit, as Swade gave a sigh and kept her walking pace as her wings flared open.

"'Venue'? What's that s'posed to be?"
"Different levels of butt-kickery. I'll take you to the one with the weakest things."
"C'mooon, do I look like a weakling?"
Stepping back, Fenris looked over Cetus seriously.
"Being honest, now that I think about it- Absolutely."
Dropping his pearl, Cetus pounced on Fenris, the two tumbling over each other before Swade could dash in and break the fight up.
"We're here to fight the creatures, not each other," she huffed, her purple clawtips on Fenris's snout and Cetus's chest, respectively. They gave a bored chorus of 'Alright,' Cetus ending with a 'mum' and Fenris with an 'aunt Swade'.
"Now, Fenris, show us where to go. I'm sure we'd like to stop annoying everyone else here."

A loud hiss from the younger Pearlcatcher as he was swooped at by the Silky Webwing, which a bolt of light was shot at from the Tundra. Meanwhile, Swade fought off the Satin Pocketmouse in an effort to keep her son and 'nephew' safe.
"Careful, Cet, this is why ya know magic!"
"I KNOW ONE SPELL!"
"USE IT!"

-- If I think of more to add to the story, I'll add it --
Training visit
- started: 10/8/18
- features: Swade, Cetus, Fenris

“Aw, don’t be such a hatchling, Cet! It’ll be fuuun!”
“Until I get a wing broken off.”
“Your mum’s a maaaage, Cet, she can fix things like that!”

Walking behind her son and friend’s son, Swade listened to the younger dragon’s discussion. The truth was, though she could heal small things, cuts and bruises, broken wings would call for a visit to Appolis. No one liked a visit to Appolis.

“Well, I guess you’re right,” Cetus huffed. “I’ve just never been to the Coliseum before.”
“Wait- then why do you wear that stupid green rouge junk?”
“It’s not stupid! It looks cool!”
“Let’s test that. Hey, Aunt Swade, doesn’t Cetus look stupid in his outfit?”
The skull-adorned Pearlcatcher simply rolled her eyes at their shenanigans. “How much longer is the walk?” She asked, her wings stretching out. “It’s getting tiresome.”
“We’re almost there. See that big, white building?”
“So that’s not just another rune?” Cetus asked, holding his pearl up to deflect the sunlight. It was bright in the early morning, even to the Light dragons.
“Of course not! No rune’s gonna be THAT big!”

The yellow Tundra jumping into almost a sprint, his furry wings sliding open and lifting him into a low glide. Cetus grabbed his pearl in his mouth, following suit, as Swade gave a sigh and kept her walking pace as her wings flared open.

"'Venue'? What's that s'posed to be?"
"Different levels of butt-kickery. I'll take you to the one with the weakest things."
"C'mooon, do I look like a weakling?"
Stepping back, Fenris looked over Cetus seriously.
"Being honest, now that I think about it- Absolutely."
Dropping his pearl, Cetus pounced on Fenris, the two tumbling over each other before Swade could dash in and break the fight up.
"We're here to fight the creatures, not each other," she huffed, her purple clawtips on Fenris's snout and Cetus's chest, respectively. They gave a bored chorus of 'Alright,' Cetus ending with a 'mum' and Fenris with an 'aunt Swade'.
"Now, Fenris, show us where to go. I'm sure we'd like to stop annoying everyone else here."

A loud hiss from the younger Pearlcatcher as he was swooped at by the Silky Webwing, which a bolt of light was shot at from the Tundra. Meanwhile, Swade fought off the Satin Pocketmouse in an effort to keep her son and 'nephew' safe.
"Careful, Cet, this is why ya know magic!"
"I KNOW ONE SPELL!"
"USE IT!"

-- If I think of more to add to the story, I'll add it --
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
Potion aftermath
- started: 11/20/18
- features: Appolis, Muczen, the Doodle Twins

“Scotch. Ginger.”

Two Bogsneaks peeked their heads up from a cauldron they has gathered themselves around, the darker-toned’s wings lifting to defend himself against the unofficial Bane of Fun- Appolis and her “son”, Muczen. The small Imperial was on Appolis’s head between her purple horns, and they somehow both looked like disapproving parents.

“SCOTCH. GINGER.”

Resigning themselves to some tone of punishment, they turned themselves to the overbearing guardian with a chorus of “Hello, Miss Appolis.”

“What are you two doing this time?” She sighed, hovering over them as almost twice their size. She looked into the bubbling cauldron (probably ‘borrowed’ from the Bogsneak by the trading post), heavily-
“WAIT!”
-sniffing at the contents.

“Quiet, you two, can’t—“

Appolis froze suddenly, her muzzle in a snarl and her eyes glazed over. Perched on her head, Muzcen coughed, waving the scent and fumes away before realizing his ‘mom’ have turned to squishy stone. Forgetting his accursed guise for a moment, his wings flared out and his roared with the anger of a dragon twice his age,
”What have you done, you foolish Bogsneaks? Pray that you can fix thissssss!”
His ‘s’es dragged as Scotch and Ginger shrunk back, glancing at each other. The darker speckled Bogsneak pulled his sister in in a 2-person football huddle.

They didn’t WANT this to happen! Sure, no one really liked Appolis, but they didn’t want to- to curse her or freeze her! What would Miss Fen or Miss Swade say?

— TBC —
Potion aftermath
- started: 11/20/18
- features: Appolis, Muczen, the Doodle Twins

“Scotch. Ginger.”

Two Bogsneaks peeked their heads up from a cauldron they has gathered themselves around, the darker-toned’s wings lifting to defend himself against the unofficial Bane of Fun- Appolis and her “son”, Muczen. The small Imperial was on Appolis’s head between her purple horns, and they somehow both looked like disapproving parents.

“SCOTCH. GINGER.”

Resigning themselves to some tone of punishment, they turned themselves to the overbearing guardian with a chorus of “Hello, Miss Appolis.”

“What are you two doing this time?” She sighed, hovering over them as almost twice their size. She looked into the bubbling cauldron (probably ‘borrowed’ from the Bogsneak by the trading post), heavily-
“WAIT!”
-sniffing at the contents.

“Quiet, you two, can’t—“

Appolis froze suddenly, her muzzle in a snarl and her eyes glazed over. Perched on her head, Muzcen coughed, waving the scent and fumes away before realizing his ‘mom’ have turned to squishy stone. Forgetting his accursed guise for a moment, his wings flared out and his roared with the anger of a dragon twice his age,
”What have you done, you foolish Bogsneaks? Pray that you can fix thissssss!”
His ‘s’es dragged as Scotch and Ginger shrunk back, glancing at each other. The darker speckled Bogsneak pulled his sister in in a 2-person football huddle.

They didn’t WANT this to happen! Sure, no one really liked Appolis, but they didn’t want to- to curse her or freeze her! What would Miss Fen or Miss Swade say?

— TBC —
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415