Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pixel art interest?
Hi there!! Would anyone be interested in paying treasure for pixel art of their dragons? Here's an example of a really quick still one: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/33a1db4a48042e8c7635cc63028ce292/tumblr_ph0tktUfRn1vzpp1qo1_250.png[/img] And here's examples of some animated ones! These definitely take longer though! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/135a713f752ae88f5e05c8ef0cf5619b/tumblr_ph23xuVmGR1vzpp1qo1_400.gif[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/bc3c985199db46118d75207d9b157845/tumblr_ph0tqaTXoB1vzpp1qo1_250.gif[/img] Would anyone be interested in something like this, and what would I price it as? Looking for treasure specifically-- new member saving up for an eliminate :-)
Hi there!!

Would anyone be interested in paying treasure for pixel art of their dragons? Here's an example of a really quick still one:

tumblr_ph0tktUfRn1vzpp1qo1_250.png

And here's examples of some animated ones! These definitely take longer though!

tumblr_ph23xuVmGR1vzpp1qo1_400.gif
tumblr_ph0tqaTXoB1vzpp1qo1_250.gif

Would anyone be interested in something like this, and what would I price it as? Looking for treasure specifically-- new member saving up for an eliminate :-)
Bump!
Bump!
OOOH ID LOVE to pay for something like ur human sprite pic!!! idk much abt pricing tho :'0 how long do they usually take you @colestoad
OOOH ID LOVE to pay for something like ur human sprite pic!!! idk much abt pricing tho :'0 how long do they usually take you @colestoad
ART COMMISSIONS 6LF2jsd.gif CHARACTERS FOR SALE
@colestoad They're adorable! My one suggestion would be to darken the outline of the dragon, to make them stand out more, and focus on colour gradients to indicate genes ^^ that said, I'm interested!

You should price them on size, background, complexity of genes/colours and the amount of time it takes to do them - for the first example you should be looking at 100-300kt (100,000 - 300,000t), but it really depends on how much energy they take to do. If it's quick and you're not doing genes, you might be more comfortable with lower prices (50-100kt for a flatcolour like the example, but that's very low), but if it takes more energy, don't feel bad for pushing the price up!

The animations are a different story, you don't want to be going under 500kt for an animated piece. Again, it depends on how much colour and detail you're putting into the piece - I'd say the lower end would be 500-600kt for a flatcolour, and the high end should be 800-900kt for genes.

Humans are a different story! Always price more for Gjinkas because they're generally harder to draw.
@colestoad They're adorable! My one suggestion would be to darken the outline of the dragon, to make them stand out more, and focus on colour gradients to indicate genes ^^ that said, I'm interested!

You should price them on size, background, complexity of genes/colours and the amount of time it takes to do them - for the first example you should be looking at 100-300kt (100,000 - 300,000t), but it really depends on how much energy they take to do. If it's quick and you're not doing genes, you might be more comfortable with lower prices (50-100kt for a flatcolour like the example, but that's very low), but if it takes more energy, don't feel bad for pushing the price up!

The animations are a different story, you don't want to be going under 500kt for an animated piece. Again, it depends on how much colour and detail you're putting into the piece - I'd say the lower end would be 500-600kt for a flatcolour, and the high end should be 800-900kt for genes.

Humans are a different story! Always price more for Gjinkas because they're generally harder to draw.
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
@DuskAwakening
Thank you so much!! Those are great suggestions, and really helpful info about pricing. The animated ones definitely take a lot of effort, a lot of steps there.

@Phyllored
Thanks so much for the interest!! Those definitely take a while, a few hours at least, but if you're interested I would love to make you one!!
@DuskAwakening
Thank you so much!! Those are great suggestions, and really helpful info about pricing. The animated ones definitely take a lot of effort, a lot of steps there.

@Phyllored
Thanks so much for the interest!! Those definitely take a while, a few hours at least, but if you're interested I would love to make you one!!
OO yeah @/DustAwakening definitely makes good points wjth the pricing n id say they have a good eye with whats worth what :D let me know if u take gems!!! i def have an oc in mind whom id love pixel art of ;0; @colestoad
OO yeah @/DustAwakening definitely makes good points wjth the pricing n id say they have a good eye with whats worth what :D let me know if u take gems!!! i def have an oc in mind whom id love pixel art of ;0; @colestoad
@Phyllored Wonderful!! I'd prefer treasure because I'm saving up for an eliminate (600kt or 600g) but if gems work better for you I definitely wouldn't say no! :-) Do you want to message me references of the OC/details?
@Phyllored Wonderful!! I'd prefer treasure because I'm saving up for an eliminate (600kt or 600g) but if gems work better for you I definitely wouldn't say no! :-) Do you want to message me references of the OC/details?
@colestoad yeye!!! gems work better for me im very much poor with treasure 8'3 ill PM u when i can :'D hopefully it'll be around today!
@colestoad yeye!!! gems work better for me im very much poor with treasure 8'3 ill PM u when i can :'D hopefully it'll be around today!