Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Fishy’s Art Pile
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@LimitlessVoid
Tbh they really do, I want to expand on their world a bit. Alfred’s neighbors currently don’t have names but they’re a vampire and a werewolf and they’re girlfriends.
They invite Sophie and him over for cheesy horror movie nights, because they can all agree that horribly executed and/or written “scary” movies are hilarious. It’s the one type of thing that almost makes Alfred laugh.
Sophie is pretty popular on her own though, a social butterfly. She just prefers her goth friend’s company because he’s the most interesting to talk with in her opinion.

I recently did a drawing of my Alucard fandragon (Page 4 of my lair) and he has such overgrown antlers, they took at least 15 minutes just to sketch to the point that I was happy. The lines took so much longer.
Tbh, even though I was in the HS fandom since late 2009 I’m not even sure what it’s about. At this point I’m kind of trying to move on, though some of the characters from Homestuck and now Hiveswap are pretty fun to draw.

I suppose I do, though when there’s deadlines for assigned things with art I’m like “>:C this is not fun!” Since assigned things generally limit the freedoms I enjoy in creating artwork. Like, having to paint in a certain style (like pointillism) is all fine and dandy but when I *have* to paint a very specific thing in very specific colors from a certain perspective, it’s not very fun. When I can pretty much paint or draw whatever I want even if in a certain style it’s more fun!

(My response is honestly “Someone make a new guild wars type game in space where there’s dragons and dwarves and elves, something like a star-based equivalent to the sylvari, and more! (Maybe have dragons be playable characters rather than enemies too!))
@LimitlessVoid
Tbh they really do, I want to expand on their world a bit. Alfred’s neighbors currently don’t have names but they’re a vampire and a werewolf and they’re girlfriends.
They invite Sophie and him over for cheesy horror movie nights, because they can all agree that horribly executed and/or written “scary” movies are hilarious. It’s the one type of thing that almost makes Alfred laugh.
Sophie is pretty popular on her own though, a social butterfly. She just prefers her goth friend’s company because he’s the most interesting to talk with in her opinion.

I recently did a drawing of my Alucard fandragon (Page 4 of my lair) and he has such overgrown antlers, they took at least 15 minutes just to sketch to the point that I was happy. The lines took so much longer.
Tbh, even though I was in the HS fandom since late 2009 I’m not even sure what it’s about. At this point I’m kind of trying to move on, though some of the characters from Homestuck and now Hiveswap are pretty fun to draw.

I suppose I do, though when there’s deadlines for assigned things with art I’m like “>:C this is not fun!” Since assigned things generally limit the freedoms I enjoy in creating artwork. Like, having to paint in a certain style (like pointillism) is all fine and dandy but when I *have* to paint a very specific thing in very specific colors from a certain perspective, it’s not very fun. When I can pretty much paint or draw whatever I want even if in a certain style it’s more fun!

(My response is honestly “Someone make a new guild wars type game in space where there’s dragons and dwarves and elves, something like a star-based equivalent to the sylvari, and more! (Maybe have dragons be playable characters rather than enemies too!))
tumblr_pfelvxLncO1v1smz2o1_r2_500.png
@LimitlessVoid

(My response is honestly “Someone make a new guild wars type game in space where there’s dragons and dwarves and elves, something like a star-based equivalent to the sylvari, and more!” (Maybe have dragons be playable characters rather than enemies too!))
@LimitlessVoid

(My response is honestly “Someone make a new guild wars type game in space where there’s dragons and dwarves and elves, something like a star-based equivalent to the sylvari, and more!” (Maybe have dragons be playable characters rather than enemies too!))
They are besties and it's beautiful.
I love their neighbors already, even without names. And watching cheesy horror movies together is definitely the mark of a good night. I mean, even Alfred almost laughs! That's an achievement!

Oh my yeah I can imagine those antlers would take some time, damn. Ya must get sick of 'em eventually lol.
Ha that is fair. Homestuck is... a lot of things. I can imagine the art aspect of it is fun, at least, even if you're not into the rest of the fandom right now. I do that with some shows I don't really watch anymore. It's still fun to look at all the cool stuff the fans create even if I'm not really invested.

Having deadlines and very Strict Rules takes the fun outta anything! Guidelines can make for interesting ways to stay inside them, but stuff that says exactly what ya gotta draw and how is just restrictive and annoying.

(Please give this to me. I wanna be a space dragon and go around eating asteroids)
They are besties and it's beautiful.
I love their neighbors already, even without names. And watching cheesy horror movies together is definitely the mark of a good night. I mean, even Alfred almost laughs! That's an achievement!

Oh my yeah I can imagine those antlers would take some time, damn. Ya must get sick of 'em eventually lol.
Ha that is fair. Homestuck is... a lot of things. I can imagine the art aspect of it is fun, at least, even if you're not into the rest of the fandom right now. I do that with some shows I don't really watch anymore. It's still fun to look at all the cool stuff the fans create even if I'm not really invested.

Having deadlines and very Strict Rules takes the fun outta anything! Guidelines can make for interesting ways to stay inside them, but stuff that says exactly what ya gotta draw and how is just restrictive and annoying.

(Please give this to me. I wanna be a space dragon and go around eating asteroids)
please ping me for a response!
5952afb0-5bf3-11e9-a002-33329db6ee43.gifOVGy6Sn.png
@LimitlessVoid
I’m going to try to post the sketches I have of them so far soon, though I might redesign them a bit lol. It’s hard to settle on one idea at first for me...

Antlers can be kind of fun but only when I’m in the mood for drawing them, they’re complex enough that it can be challenging either in a fun or horrible way pff.
And...yeah, Homestuck is about a lot of things. Fanart in general is pretty fun to make.

Honestly deadlines and rules is why I don’t enjoy any class that involves writing most the time. I like my creative freedoms.

(Yes I want a game like that too? It would be so much fun??)
@LimitlessVoid
I’m going to try to post the sketches I have of them so far soon, though I might redesign them a bit lol. It’s hard to settle on one idea at first for me...

Antlers can be kind of fun but only when I’m in the mood for drawing them, they’re complex enough that it can be challenging either in a fun or horrible way pff.
And...yeah, Homestuck is about a lot of things. Fanart in general is pretty fun to make.

Honestly deadlines and rules is why I don’t enjoy any class that involves writing most the time. I like my creative freedoms.

(Yes I want a game like that too? It would be so much fun??)
ohhhhh yes! i cant wait to see 'em! even if its not final, i bet theyre still awesome.
Too many ideas, not enough time

thats fair they seem like a lotta work. sometimes u just wanna draw a couple lines and call it a horn, my man.
see thats what i think of as a plus about homestuck. its so many things that the fanart can be literally anything, right?

i feel you. i dont do well with deadlines. they make me anxious and that does not stimulate creativity with me lol

(i would buy like twenty copies of that game just to pass them out to ppl bc oh my god i get to be a space dragon)
ohhhhh yes! i cant wait to see 'em! even if its not final, i bet theyre still awesome.
Too many ideas, not enough time

thats fair they seem like a lotta work. sometimes u just wanna draw a couple lines and call it a horn, my man.
see thats what i think of as a plus about homestuck. its so many things that the fanart can be literally anything, right?

i feel you. i dont do well with deadlines. they make me anxious and that does not stimulate creativity with me lol

(i would buy like twenty copies of that game just to pass them out to ppl bc oh my god i get to be a space dragon)
please ping me for a response!
5952afb0-5bf3-11e9-a002-33329db6ee43.gifOVGy6Sn.png
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b11b8573d67b5f3d873e64b22abd8493/tumblr_pixurm8fKl1revl85_1280.jpg[/img] An old rough draft for a silhouette project that I never finished - might do something with it when I get a tablet!
tumblr_pixurm8fKl1revl85_1280.jpg
An old rough draft for a silhouette project that I never finished - might do something with it when I get a tablet!
[center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/34336eab94f8b194e1a81b7dd55b0d15/tumblr_posthjLKxd1revl85_400.jpg[/img] Did the drawing of my boy Citlali digitally!! He’s so sparkly!
tumblr_posthjLKxd1revl85_400.jpg
Did the drawing of my boy Citlali digitally!!
He’s so sparkly!
THAT'S SO PRETTY AHHH i love hte detail and the different textures ;v;;;; citlali's colors make me happy what a pretty boyoyoy
THAT'S SO PRETTY AHHH i love hte detail and the different textures ;v;;;; citlali's colors make me happy what a pretty boyoyoy
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
Aaaa I’m glad you like him!! (I’m really happy with how his feathers and glimmer turned out, a sparkly butterfly boye)
Aaaa I’m glad you like him!! (I’m really happy with how his feathers and glimmer turned out, a sparkly butterfly boye)
the feathers are so detailed and soft-looking, and the shading on his glimmer is perf <3333
the feathers are so detailed and soft-looking, and the shading on his glimmer is perf <3333
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17