Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Q's Lore / Art Thread
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
@Maevepanda, @BaldwinBogsneak, @Venusian, @Fiirocious, @Riesenraddieb, @Astroknots I had the idea for this guy last week and was instantly hooked on my own concept. I stressed over finding the perfect dragon for a hot second, but in the end I decided that "[i]almost[/i] perfect" worked better anyway. So I bought him, and wrote him some lore yesterday (on my birthday!), and I [i]tried[/i] to wait a minute before gene-ing him and dressing him and pasting that lore into his bio, but I'm wayyyy too excited about it to wait any longer. Dropped a bunch of cash today getting him all fixed up and perfect just so I can give him his lore and release him unto the world. For those of you who might've been hoping for more horror-y lore, especially after a bit of a silly lore streak, have I got a treat for you! Why? [center][b]Because there's something familiar about this dragon.[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43320243] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/433203/43320243_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
@Maevepanda, @BaldwinBogsneak, @Venusian, @Fiirocious, @Riesenraddieb, @Astroknots

I had the idea for this guy last week and was instantly hooked on my own concept. I stressed over finding the perfect dragon for a hot second, but in the end I decided that "almost perfect" worked better anyway.

So I bought him, and wrote him some lore yesterday (on my birthday!), and I tried to wait a minute before gene-ing him and dressing him and pasting that lore into his bio, but I'm wayyyy too excited about it to wait any longer. Dropped a bunch of cash today getting him all fixed up and perfect just so I can give him his lore and release him unto the world.

For those of you who might've been hoping for more horror-y lore, especially after a bit of a silly lore streak, have I got a treat for you!

Why?
Because there's something familiar about this dragon.

43320243_350.png
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
Happy late birthday! I got really dang spooked by that bio. :o
Happy late birthday! I got really dang spooked by that bio. :o
dZN7FlK.pngSee progress on the Alchemy Flight!
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif • Any pronouns
• I love random pings
• I subscribe to the threads I make
God that lore is so good. It's wormed it's way in my head since I read it and I'm still not exactly sure what to say except poor Nuishe. I'm not sure if Nuishe's flower crown is "canon", but either way it's such a good touch that Claviceps is missing it. You write horror so well aaahhhh
God that lore is so good. It's wormed it's way in my head since I read it and I'm still not exactly sure what to say except poor Nuishe. I'm not sure if Nuishe's flower crown is "canon", but either way it's such a good touch that Claviceps is missing it. You write horror so well aaahhhh
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
I love this! You really do have a way with writing horror~
I love this! You really do have a way with writing horror~
tumblr_inline_nq0r70U4Ck1syr94a_500.png
Q, you wonderful person.

This was an amazing read. I'm just hungering for more - I can't wait to read the next entry! What is this thing? What does it want? What is the Blight's plan with this?
And not including the flower crown with this 'imposter', is a really nice touch!
Q, you wonderful person.

This was an amazing read. I'm just hungering for more - I can't wait to read the next entry! What is this thing? What does it want? What is the Blight's plan with this?
And not including the flower crown with this 'imposter', is a really nice touch!
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@BaldwinBogsneak @Venusian @Fiirocious @Maevepanda

I'm so glad you guys like this completely normal and unassuming Ridgeback's lore!! Y'all are so kind it makes me want to find more excuses to get spooky <3

His colors are slightly off, his eyes are slightly off, his clothes are slightly off, even his familiar's a bit suspect. But don't worry about it! It's fine.

((Hopefully I'll be able to make Claviceps a shroom pic soon so it becomes clearer why I picked that name in particular. Some of my dragons have random names, some are named after fungi that look kind of like them, and some of them have names reserved specifically for them - this guy's one of those special cases.))

Just remember: in-universe, this is Nuishe's new normal. I don't write his journal entries in chronological order, so there's no real indication of which were written earlier or later. For all I know, Claviceps could be staring at Nuishe from the corner while he's writing a grumpy rant about Cerion.

Yeah, that crooked doppelgänger breathing down your neck? Don't worry about it, that's a permanent fixture now. Just ignore it and maybe it'll go away.
@BaldwinBogsneak @Venusian @Fiirocious @Maevepanda

I'm so glad you guys like this completely normal and unassuming Ridgeback's lore!! Y'all are so kind it makes me want to find more excuses to get spooky <3

His colors are slightly off, his eyes are slightly off, his clothes are slightly off, even his familiar's a bit suspect. But don't worry about it! It's fine.

((Hopefully I'll be able to make Claviceps a shroom pic soon so it becomes clearer why I picked that name in particular. Some of my dragons have random names, some are named after fungi that look kind of like them, and some of them have names reserved specifically for them - this guy's one of those special cases.))

Just remember: in-universe, this is Nuishe's new normal. I don't write his journal entries in chronological order, so there's no real indication of which were written earlier or later. For all I know, Claviceps could be staring at Nuishe from the corner while he's writing a grumpy rant about Cerion.

Yeah, that crooked doppelgänger breathing down your neck? Don't worry about it, that's a permanent fixture now. Just ignore it and maybe it'll go away.
I imagine that someday, long in the future, Nuishe's journal will be found by someone and end up getting read to hatchlings by a particularly malevolent grandfather.

"Tonight's story, children, is, 'DEAR GOD WHAT IS THAT THING?'"
I imagine that someday, long in the future, Nuishe's journal will be found by someone and end up getting read to hatchlings by a particularly malevolent grandfather.

"Tonight's story, children, is, 'DEAR GOD WHAT IS THAT THING?'"
dZN7FlK.pngSee progress on the Alchemy Flight!
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif • Any pronouns
• I love random pings
• I subscribe to the threads I make
@BaldwinBogsneak

Good ol' grandpa. Raisin' them youngins right. What better way to make sure they're paying attention than by giving them nightmares?

"Grampa, will the mushroom monsters get us too??"

"Not if you eat your vegetables and study your arithmetics."
@BaldwinBogsneak

Good ol' grandpa. Raisin' them youngins right. What better way to make sure they're paying attention than by giving them nightmares?

"Grampa, will the mushroom monsters get us too??"

"Not if you eat your vegetables and study your arithmetics."
@Maevepanda, @BaldwinBogsneak, @Venusian, @Fiirocious, @Riesenraddieb, @Astroknots I felt like drawing a cute lil snappy boi today, so [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=194498&tab=dragon&did=18791713]Pachytrype[/url] has art now! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Yd8ixcO.png[/img][/center] I am such a sucker for baby Snappers. If I ever get a permababy, it's going to be a Snapper. They're like roly-poly little puppies and I wanna squish their fat widdle cheeks. ----- In other news, here’s another shroom pic - a teeny tiny pixel version of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=194498&tab=dragon&did=43320243]Claviceps[/url]! Specifically, [i]Claviceps purpurea[/i] growing on rye. [center][url=http://www.apsnet.org/edcenter/intropp/lessons/fungi/ascomycetes/pages/ergot.aspx][img]https://i.imgur.com/7M5RcCU.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]C. purpurea[/i] causes ergot, a disease easily spotted by the presence of one or more ergot bodies – big, dark growths taking over one or more rye grains. If the ergot bodies are eaten (when ground up with the rye it's growing on and baked into bread by some poor unsuspecting farmer), the alkaloids produced by the fungus cause a condition called ergotism, or Saint Anthony’s Fire, in humans. Ergotism comes in two main forms: gangrenous and convulsive. By those names, you know it’s a party. Gangrenous ergotism cuts off blood flow to the extremities, which eventually causes hands and feet to die, rot, and fall off. Delightful, for sure. Some symptoms of convulsive ergotism include headaches, gastrointestinal distress, paralysis or tremors, a feeling of bugs crawling under the skin, mania, hallucinations, and seizures. It’s no coincidence that one of those alkaloids, lysergic acid, is literally [i]the compound that LSD comes from.[/i] Fun fact! Ergot poisoning has been implicated as the cause of the infamous Salem witch trials. The symptoms of “bewitchment” match the convulsive symptoms of ergotism pretty closely. What's more, the people of Salem consumed a lot of rye, which was grown under conditions that [i]Claviceps purpurea[/i] could thrive in. It’s very possible that the malady those people were dealing with originated from contaminated food rather than something purely psychological. Let’s make a long story short. Encountering [i]Claviceps[/i]? Expect a really, [i]really[/i] bad trip. ((You can see why I picked the name, no? Nuishe doesn’t eat rye, so I’m not trying to imply that he’s actually on a bad fungus trip right now, but good ol’ [i]Claviceps[/i] sure does a bang-up job making ordinary people seem out of their minds just for eating the wrong loaf of bread!))
@Maevepanda, @BaldwinBogsneak, @Venusian, @Fiirocious, @Riesenraddieb, @Astroknots

I felt like drawing a cute lil snappy boi today, so Pachytrype has art now!
Yd8ixcO.png

I am such a sucker for baby Snappers. If I ever get a permababy, it's going to be a Snapper. They're like roly-poly little puppies and I wanna squish their fat widdle cheeks.

In other news, here’s another shroom pic - a teeny tiny pixel version of Claviceps! Specifically, Claviceps purpurea growing on rye.
7M5RcCU.png

C. purpurea causes ergot, a disease easily spotted by the presence of one or more ergot bodies – big, dark growths taking over one or more rye grains. If the ergot bodies are eaten (when ground up with the rye it's growing on and baked into bread by some poor unsuspecting farmer), the alkaloids produced by the fungus cause a condition called ergotism, or Saint Anthony’s Fire, in humans.

Ergotism comes in two main forms: gangrenous and convulsive. By those names, you know it’s a party.

Gangrenous ergotism cuts off blood flow to the extremities, which eventually causes hands and feet to die, rot, and fall off. Delightful, for sure.

Some symptoms of convulsive ergotism include headaches, gastrointestinal distress, paralysis or tremors, a feeling of bugs crawling under the skin, mania, hallucinations, and seizures. It’s no coincidence that one of those alkaloids, lysergic acid, is literally the compound that LSD comes from.

Fun fact! Ergot poisoning has been implicated as the cause of the infamous Salem witch trials. The symptoms of “bewitchment” match the convulsive symptoms of ergotism pretty closely. What's more, the people of Salem consumed a lot of rye, which was grown under conditions that Claviceps purpurea could thrive in. It’s very possible that the malady those people were dealing with originated from contaminated food rather than something purely psychological.

Let’s make a long story short. Encountering Claviceps?

Expect a really, really bad trip.

((You can see why I picked the name, no? Nuishe doesn’t eat rye, so I’m not trying to imply that he’s actually on a bad fungus trip right now, but good ol’ Claviceps sure does a bang-up job making ordinary people seem out of their minds just for eating the wrong loaf of bread!))
@Maevepanda, @BaldwinBogsneak, @Venusian, @Fiirocious, @Riesenraddieb, @Astroknots Today's lore is an update for Urnula! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18376177] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/183762/18376177_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Previously, he only had two measly journal entries to his name. Now, he's made friends with Nuishe, has more of a personality, [i]and[/i] I've incorporated his previous children into his lore. Not bad, if I do say so myself - I think he's the first one to get his previous family written in. He might even be the first to have a real backstory, honestly. Dang, Urnula. Breaking all kinds of records. (("Spoilers" for today's lore in transparent text! I'd recommend reading his bio before copy-pasting the bottom of this post!)) [color=transparent]Exalting does not necessarily equal death in my lore. I haven't had the opportunity to write much exalting in, since I don't often exalt dragons and Urnula's the first to get his old family written into his lore, but oftentimes it would literally be "this dragon voluntarily went to serve a deity." It's only death in this instance because it doesn't fit Urnula's character to stay behind while the entire rest of his family goes to serve their deity.

Today's lore is an update for Urnula!

Previously, he only had two measly journal entries to his name. Now, he's made friends with Nuishe, has more of a personality, and I've incorporated his previous children into his lore. Not bad, if I do say so myself - I think he's the first one to get his previous family written in. He might even be the first to have a real backstory, honestly. Dang, Urnula. Breaking all kinds of records.

(("Spoilers" for today's lore in transparent text! I'd recommend reading his bio before copy-pasting the bottom of this post!))

Exalting does not necessarily equal death in my lore. I haven't had the opportunity to write much exalting in, since I don't often exalt dragons and Urnula's the first to get his old family written into his lore, but oftentimes it would literally be "this dragon voluntarily went to serve a deity." It's only death in this instance because it doesn't fit Urnula's character to stay behind while the entire rest of his family goes to serve their deity.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12