Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Q's Lore / Art Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
fhjskfkjsdjf I meant to respond to this earlier but I forgot i'm so sorry. but anywho, I actually really love Auricularia, the cloud ear fungus. It's dark in color and virtually harmless which seems to fit your boy's personality!

Also, you're fungus sprites are absolutely adorable?? I'm actually in love???
fhjskfkjsdjf I meant to respond to this earlier but I forgot i'm so sorry. but anywho, I actually really love Auricularia, the cloud ear fungus. It's dark in color and virtually harmless which seems to fit your boy's personality!

Also, you're fungus sprites are absolutely adorable?? I'm actually in love???
ACK how did i miss these comments yikes I haven't checked this thread in a few days ;~; i swear I'm subbed how did this happen

@Maevepanda
Thank you for the suggestions! I have indeed been looking primarily at black fungi for him bc, like...look at him. There's a few oddballs on that list tho (@ terfezia and tirmania, which are specific names rather than genera).
Nuishe's in a bad way. :P He's got 99 problems and fungi are all of them.
I'm glad you're interested in my stuff!! I'll put you on the pinglist for sure! :D

@acestospades1
Lol, it's good especially considering I forgot to respond to my own thread whoops
Auricularia is definitely one of my top candidates. Glad you like it too! He's in love with a chef, so I thought it'd be kind of funny if he was named after an edible fungus. :P
Thank you!! I'm super inexperienced with pixel art, so I hope the ones I make in the future will hold up to Magnaporthe's!
ACK how did i miss these comments yikes I haven't checked this thread in a few days ;~; i swear I'm subbed how did this happen

@Maevepanda
Thank you for the suggestions! I have indeed been looking primarily at black fungi for him bc, like...look at him. There's a few oddballs on that list tho (@ terfezia and tirmania, which are specific names rather than genera).
Nuishe's in a bad way. :P He's got 99 problems and fungi are all of them.
I'm glad you're interested in my stuff!! I'll put you on the pinglist for sure! :D

@acestospades1
Lol, it's good especially considering I forgot to respond to my own thread whoops
Auricularia is definitely one of my top candidates. Glad you like it too! He's in love with a chef, so I thought it'd be kind of funny if he was named after an edible fungus. :P
Thank you!! I'm super inexperienced with pixel art, so I hope the ones I make in the future will hold up to Magnaporthe's!
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=194498&tab=dragon&did=19782409]Cordyceps[/url] now has a silly achievement! :D [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ts85JVy.png[/img][/center] ...okay, so [i]most[/i] of my achievements are silly. His is meant to match with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=194498&did=19855937]Agaricus's[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=194498&did=19610152]Amanita's[/url], which are similarly, uh... cryptically spooky.
Cordyceps now has a silly achievement! :D

Ts85JVy.png

...okay, so most of my achievements are silly. His is meant to match with Agaricus's and Amanita's, which are similarly, uh... cryptically spooky.
@Maevepanda I've been doing a lot of art for other people recently, so I decided to treat myself and draw one of my own dragons for once :) Astrocystis may not have her lore written down quite yet, but she does have a portrait! [img]https://i.imgur.com/d4fMRWu.png[/img] I'm also looking for an accent for her called Doom of the Living, so if anyone knows how on earth I could get my hands on that I'd be all ears. :0
@Maevepanda

I've been doing a lot of art for other people recently, so I decided to treat myself and draw one of my own dragons for once :)

Astrocystis may not have her lore written down quite yet, but she does have a portrait!

d4fMRWu.png

I'm also looking for an accent for her called Doom of the Living, so if anyone knows how on earth I could get my hands on that I'd be all ears. :0
I'd love to hear what name you eventually choose :D
And those achievements are amazing xD
Absolutely adore the drawing! She looks so dine with everything. I'll keep my eye out for the skin ~
I'd love to hear what name you eventually choose :D
And those achievements are amazing xD
Absolutely adore the drawing! She looks so dine with everything. I'll keep my eye out for the skin ~
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Maevepanda Hooray, an update! My black Imp's name is now [b]Urnula[/b]. I went with Auricularia for a bit - I actually changed his name, and started the process of changing it everywhere he'd been mentioned in other dragons' bios - but after a while, it just really didn't feel right. Auricularia's a nice name, which I might still use for another derg in the future, but I'm used to his name being three syllables long. For some reason, those two extra syllables just made it feel like a mouthful. Also, "Urnula" has a similar...I dunno, tone? to his original name. Kinda somber and stately. Plus, we've got new lore for Cerion! :D [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21070737] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/210708/21070737_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Spooky lore is fun to write for sure, but silly lore is fun too. In this journal entry, there's nothing overtly creepy and shroomy going on, but man is Nuishe grumpy.
@Maevepanda

Hooray, an update!

My black Imp's name is now Urnula. I went with Auricularia for a bit - I actually changed his name, and started the process of changing it everywhere he'd been mentioned in other dragons' bios - but after a while, it just really didn't feel right. Auricularia's a nice name, which I might still use for another derg in the future, but I'm used to his name being three syllables long. For some reason, those two extra syllables just made it feel like a mouthful. Also, "Urnula" has a similar...I dunno, tone? to his original name. Kinda somber and stately.

Plus, we've got new lore for Cerion! :D Spooky lore is fun to write for sure, but silly lore is fun too. In this journal entry, there's nothing overtly creepy and shroomy going on, but man is Nuishe grumpy.
I like the name Urnula! Glad you found a fitting name for him ^^

That whole journal entry oozed sarcasm xD
I can see Nuishe rolling his eyes continuously while writing that entry.
I like the name Urnula! Glad you found a fitting name for him ^^

That whole journal entry oozed sarcasm xD
I can see Nuishe rolling his eyes continuously while writing that entry.
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Maevepanda

I had way too much fun writing that one. Just the image of this purple dragon angrily scribbling on a piece of paper while glaring daggers at another dragon from across the room was making me giggle.

Nuishe needs to write while grumpy more often. I gotta make more of my dragons insufferable so he has a reason to complain about them.
@Maevepanda

I had way too much fun writing that one. Just the image of this purple dragon angrily scribbling on a piece of paper while glaring daggers at another dragon from across the room was making me giggle.

Nuishe needs to write while grumpy more often. I gotta make more of my dragons insufferable so he has a reason to complain about them.
@Maevepanda Minor update. Technically Therrya got lore, but it's more accurate to just say I moved my wishlist onto her. ((Also, Nuishe's familiar has a name now. Very important. :P )) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21124186] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/211242/21124186_350.png[/img] [/url] Previously I posted my wishlist in several different places, wherever it might be relevant (like on my profile, art shop thread, etc.), but I had trouble keeping all of them up to date with each other and I usually only put gene scrolls up because those were the only things I deemed "worthy" of being on an actual wishlist. I decided I didn't like that setup, so I switched it. Now I have one thing I can link to whenever I need to show someone my wishlist, and it's not buried in a forum or something. I also decided to add the pieces of apparel I'll need for my outfit plans and so forth - not just super expensive things like sprites and genes (though make no mistake, those are on there too).
@Maevepanda

Minor update. Technically Therrya got lore, but it's more accurate to just say I moved my wishlist onto her. ((Also, Nuishe's familiar has a name now. Very important. :P ))

21124186_350.png

Previously I posted my wishlist in several different places, wherever it might be relevant (like on my profile, art shop thread, etc.), but I had trouble keeping all of them up to date with each other and I usually only put gene scrolls up because those were the only things I deemed "worthy" of being on an actual wishlist.

I decided I didn't like that setup, so I switched it. Now I have one thing I can link to whenever I need to show someone my wishlist, and it's not buried in a forum or something. I also decided to add the pieces of apparel I'll need for my outfit plans and so forth - not just super expensive things like sprites and genes (though make no mistake, those are on there too).
It's really handy to have all your wishlists in one single post/bio :D

I just threw everything on my wishlist xD

Also, Nuishe's familiar has a very fitting name, I love it ^^
It's really handy to have all your wishlists in one single post/bio :D

I just threw everything on my wishlist xD

Also, Nuishe's familiar has a very fitting name, I love it ^^
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12