Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Necromancer Art&Lore
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35
[size=1] @Whyyesimnot @Spore @corpus @Nonnsequitur @DeathValley @Archfiend @Aberran @Perry321 @Marilith @InformalKnight @DancingDemonz [/size] Hi! You've been pinged, since you recently officially registered your Necros. The big part of this subspecies is lore and in order to expand it, each week one of the dragons is featured in our Spotlight, published in this thread. [quote name="Kava" date="2018-10-05 23:42:12" ] [b]How does the Spolight work?[/b] It's a weekly event on our Creative Corner thread, which features one dragon every Sunday. The idea is to expand the lore, so each of the featured dergs has a short lore (minumum 50 words) to accompany them. It can be the bio they already have, some short story, poem, anything to show your dragon's personality, their adventures or anything you would like to share about them in any written form you like. You can find previous spotlights [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2541754#post_35657518]here.[/url] If you'd like your dragons to join the pool, let me know, which ones you'd like to add. I will randomly pick one every week (using [url=https://www.random.org/]random.org[/url] or a similar website) and you will have a week to prepare, as I will usually ask the owner of the picked dragon on Friday or Saturday, to confirm if they want to feature the spotlight the following week. You can of course prepare something earlier. You can add or take your dragons off the list anytime. [/quote] If you'd like to add your dragons to the pool and have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please ping or PM me. Here's the list of the dragons I know of. If you'd like to add any other Necro I somehow missed, let me know and I'll do it immediately. @/Whyyesimnot: Zylenis @/Spore: Myconar, Myrella @/corpus: Ischaemia, Contusion @/Nonnsequitur: Vassal @/DeathValley: Nimh @/Archfiend: Wormwood @/Aberran: Kajza, Razjil, Ryze @/Perry321: Plasmodium, Aryse @/Marilith: Amygdala @/InformalKnight: Balam @/DancingDemonz: ConTam [b]If you haven't been pinged, but have a dragon you'd like me to add to the pool, let me know :>[/b] I didn't ping the people, who already have their dragons on the list, as well as the ones I've asked previously in order not to spam with pings. If you already have some of your Necros in the Spotlight pool, it's very likely I might have added your new dragons there as well (but with an adnotation that they're not officially registered there yet). This way they're in the pool, but I always make backup draw, so that their owner can choose for whom they prefer to write the Spotlight.
@Whyyesimnot @Spore @corpus @Nonnsequitur @DeathValley @Archfiend @Aberran @Perry321 @Marilith @InformalKnight @DancingDemonz

Hi! You've been pinged, since you recently officially registered your Necros. The big part of this subspecies is lore and in order to expand it, each week one of the dragons is featured in our Spotlight, published in this thread.
Kava wrote on 2018-10-05 23:42:12:
How does the Spolight work?

It's a weekly event on our Creative Corner thread, which features one dragon every Sunday. The idea is to expand the lore, so each of the featured dergs has a short lore (minumum 50 words) to accompany them. It can be the bio they already have, some short story, poem, anything to show your dragon's personality, their adventures or anything you would like to share about them in any written form you like.

You can find previous spotlights here.

If you'd like your dragons to join the pool, let me know, which ones you'd like to add. I will randomly pick one every week (using random.org or a similar website) and you will have a week to prepare, as I will usually ask the owner of the picked dragon on Friday or Saturday, to confirm if they want to feature the spotlight the following week. You can of course prepare something earlier.

You can add or take your dragons off the list anytime.

If you'd like to add your dragons to the pool and have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please ping or PM me.

Here's the list of the dragons I know of. If you'd like to add any other Necro I somehow missed, let me know and I'll do it immediately.

@/Whyyesimnot: Zylenis
@/Spore: Myconar, Myrella
@/corpus: Ischaemia, Contusion
@/Nonnsequitur: Vassal
@/DeathValley: Nimh
@/Archfiend: Wormwood
@/Aberran: Kajza, Razjil, Ryze
@/Perry321: Plasmodium, Aryse
@/Marilith: Amygdala
@/InformalKnight: Balam
@/DancingDemonz: ConTam

If you haven't been pinged, but have a dragon you'd like me to add to the pool, let me know :>

I didn't ping the people, who already have their dragons on the list, as well as the ones I've asked previously in order not to spam with pings. If you already have some of your Necros in the Spotlight pool, it's very likely I might have added your new dragons there as well (but with an adnotation that they're not officially registered there yet). This way they're in the pool, but I always make backup draw, so that their owner can choose for whom they prefer to write the Spotlight.
@Kava can I add Syncytia, Miasm, Nahum, Oizys and Sickle to the pool? I dont know if youve got all my old others, but those be the new ones.
@Kava can I add Syncytia, Miasm, Nahum, Oizys and Sickle to the pool? I dont know if youve got all my old others, but those be the new ones.
MercyFangsButton2.png IzGiMOB.png 100x100Symbol.png No one can live your life for you. That means they can't tell you who you are - what you are - either. Question others. Question yourself. Come to your own conclusions.

??? Pronouns. UK Time.
I'm so excited to work on Vassal's lore! I'll let you know once I get that finished and polished up! For now I'd like to stay out of the pool, though.
I'm so excited to work on Vassal's lore! I'll let you know once I get that finished and polished up! For now I'd like to stay out of the pool, though.
zZEQs8q.png
I'll gladly add my kids after I finish their lore! but it is finals week and I do need to work on school things first sadly
I'll gladly add my kids after I finish their lore! but it is finals week and I do need to work on school things first sadly
JKDjx25.png xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxStarshrikes
I'd like to add Nimh, but I haven't written her lore up yet so uhhh, it'll be awhile, I'm working on hatchery graphics right now. :c
I'd like to add Nimh, but I haven't written her lore up yet so uhhh, it'll be awhile, I'm working on hatchery graphics right now. :c
103966babeddcc88c2963df3010bc08ce60a5b47.gif
@EssayOfThoughts I'll add them asap :> Thank you!

@Nonnsequitur @Aberran I understand, that's okay. Let me know when you're ready and then I'll add them to the pool. Thank you! :>

@DeathValley I can add Nimh but keep her out of the pool for two or three weeks or as long as you need. And even if she gets randomly chosen at some point, you can always refuse to write spotlight for a certain week for any reason and I'll do another drawing. Or I can just not add her now and wait for when you're ready :> Thank you!
@EssayOfThoughts I'll add them asap :> Thank you!

@Nonnsequitur @Aberran I understand, that's okay. Let me know when you're ready and then I'll add them to the pool. Thank you! :>

@DeathValley I can add Nimh but keep her out of the pool for two or three weeks or as long as you need. And even if she gets randomly chosen at some point, you can always refuse to write spotlight for a certain week for any reason and I'll do another drawing. Or I can just not add her now and wait for when you're ready :> Thank you!
[size=1] General and Art and Lore: @3idolon @thecell @mnkn10 @hexingisfun @lukas1997 @shadari @moonseed @halua @agonist @minona @sashafiredrake @knockoutbd @pebz @kmrikkari @balam @stduke @bara2684 @reotheleo @vengeful @foxghosts @essayofthoughts @horseleech @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @gilbunny @nightstreet @xxcalypsoxx @scorpiontail @textbookhumor @felinaefatale @blightwyrm @necromancess @loyalstar @fouguri @turboblaze @spore @probablyskeletor @nightstreet @shadowpiper @whyyesimnot @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @meilkor @yuubi @solvei @spiderfrog15 @twilitraven @arborpunk [/size] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Bradley Hand ITC][b]DARK SCLERA CONTEST[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] Hello everyone! As @/3idolon mentioned in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017/103#post_36707267]the recent update[/url], there’s new community contest officially announced! Since the new eye type was added recently, it’s time to figure out what it means for the Necros. The rules are easy: write a lore or an idea for the Dark Sclera and post it in this thread or send me a private message. Then one of the entries will be chosen to be the primary inspiration for the official subspecies lore. The winner will be credited and will receive the prize: [center][item=Vial of Darkened Sight][/center] [center][b]The contest ends on December 30th.[/b][/center] [b]Disclaimer and restrictions:[/b] [list][*] The winning lore might be modified in order to fit to the canon more or for any other reasons (you will still be credited) [*] The idea must fit in the existing Necro lore [*] It cannot be limited to a certain variant (Necro, Servus, Ghoul, Neutralized Ghoul), flight or breed, needs to be inclusive to all of them [*] It should give room for creativity in individual lore while keeping some structure - it should give a place to jump off with individual lore -> check out [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017#post_32545840]the official lore for other eye types[/url] [*] Rules and requirements are subject to change [/list] Good luck everyone! :>
General and Art and Lore: @3idolon @thecell @mnkn10 @hexingisfun @lukas1997 @shadari @moonseed @halua @agonist @minona @sashafiredrake @knockoutbd @pebz @kmrikkari @balam @stduke @bara2684 @reotheleo @vengeful @foxghosts @essayofthoughts @horseleech @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @gilbunny @nightstreet @xxcalypsoxx @scorpiontail @textbookhumor @felinaefatale @blightwyrm @necromancess @loyalstar @fouguri @turboblaze @spore @probablyskeletor @nightstreet @shadowpiper @whyyesimnot @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @meilkor @yuubi @solvei @spiderfrog15 @twilitraven @arborpunk
DARK SCLERA CONTEST
Hello everyone! As @/3idolon mentioned in the recent update, there’s new community contest officially announced! Since the new eye type was added recently, it’s time to figure out what it means for the Necros.
The rules are easy: write a lore or an idea for the Dark Sclera and post it in this thread or send me a private message. Then one of the entries will be chosen to be the primary inspiration for the official subspecies lore. The winner will be credited and will receive the prize:
Vial of Darkened Sight
The contest ends on December 30th.
Disclaimer and restrictions:
  • The winning lore might be modified in order to fit to the canon more or for any other reasons (you will still be credited)
  • The idea must fit in the existing Necro lore
  • It cannot be limited to a certain variant (Necro, Servus, Ghoul, Neutralized Ghoul), flight or breed, needs to be inclusive to all of them
  • It should give room for creativity in individual lore while keeping some structure - it should give a place to jump off with individual lore -> check out the official lore for other eye types
  • Rules and requirements are subject to change
Good luck everyone! :>
@Kava

Dark Sclera:

As with glowing eyes, no dragon is born with these. Instead, for Necromancers, it is the result of a specialized infection, typically bred in a cauldron of plague similar to the Wyrmwound that the Mother herself stirs. When administered, whether it be to themselves or another subspecies variant, the infection causes great physical might, at the cost of their own emotional or mental stability. A dutiful necromancer will be able to cure the side effects before they greatly impact the dragon, be it themselves or another individual, but those who do not get treated (for whatever reason) are more mentally frail than other dragons, but with an even greater physical strength. This mental frailty typically manifests as unstable or overly sensitive emotions, but other symptoms may occur. Regardless, a fully untreated individual is rare amongst Necromancers and Necroservus , but common among Ghouls. Neutralized Ghouls are somewhat of an odd case, as they always suffer the symptoms of an untreated infection, perhaps due to their history of disease.

((TL;DR: They're Berserkers))
@Kava

Dark Sclera:

As with glowing eyes, no dragon is born with these. Instead, for Necromancers, it is the result of a specialized infection, typically bred in a cauldron of plague similar to the Wyrmwound that the Mother herself stirs. When administered, whether it be to themselves or another subspecies variant, the infection causes great physical might, at the cost of their own emotional or mental stability. A dutiful necromancer will be able to cure the side effects before they greatly impact the dragon, be it themselves or another individual, but those who do not get treated (for whatever reason) are more mentally frail than other dragons, but with an even greater physical strength. This mental frailty typically manifests as unstable or overly sensitive emotions, but other symptoms may occur. Regardless, a fully untreated individual is rare amongst Necromancers and Necroservus , but common among Ghouls. Neutralized Ghouls are somewhat of an odd case, as they always suffer the symptoms of an untreated infection, perhaps due to their history of disease.

((TL;DR: They're Berserkers))
c6ldplq.gif - Heemi
They/Them
Autistic
ADHD
Celiac
@Spore Thank you for the submission! :>
@Spore Thank you for the submission! :>
@Kava: Not sure if my Necros have been officially added to the pool for the Spotlight or not yet, but I'd like to add them if they aren't! They've just recently all been registered. I've got my two Ghouls, Thrjota and Domr and my three Necromancers, Friesta, Samr, and Valentin.
@Kava: Not sure if my Necros have been officially added to the pool for the Spotlight or not yet, but I'd like to add them if they aren't! They've just recently all been registered. I've got my two Ghouls, Thrjota and Domr and my three Necromancers, Friesta, Samr, and Valentin.
6ntc1cC.jpg
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35