Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Loretober 2018
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/181003/71c173c660793d47587e4b544726c082.png[/img][/center] I have seen so many prompts lists for Inktober, and while it looks like a bunch of fun, I almost never have the energy for drawing. However, looking at all the poor, loreless dragons in my lair, I got an idea. What if instead of drawing, I wrote a little bit every day for the month? I get to brush up on my writing skills, and my dragons get to finally have some story to them. It's a win-win! Presenting: the official prompts list for Loretober! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/cFJwbKX.jpg[/img][/center] If you feel like joining in, there are some things to keep in mind as you write:[LIST] [*] You don't have to do it every day! If it seems too daunting, just pick the days that sound fun to you. Not every prompt has to be used. [*] You can write a short paragraph or a sizable novel. Even a sentence is still one more bit of lore than you had before. [*] I would love to read everything you guys write! I'll be following this thread and #loretober on tumblr if you feel like posting it publicly, and I would also be up to receiving PMs of lore! [*] When posting to this thread, keep your lore to one post so that is easy to find.[/LIST] I made a little button you can put in your signature or bio to show others that you're playing, too! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2540976#post_2540976][img]https://i.imgur.com/cbfj3hE.png[/img][/url] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2540976#post_2540976][img]https://i.imgur.com/cbfj3hE.png[/img][/url][/code] I can't wait to read what you guys come up with! Let's get creative, and happy writing!
71c173c660793d47587e4b544726c082.png

I have seen so many prompts lists for Inktober, and while it looks like a bunch of fun, I almost never have the energy for drawing. However, looking at all the poor, loreless dragons in my lair, I got an idea. What if instead of drawing, I wrote a little bit every day for the month? I get to brush up on my writing skills, and my dragons get to finally have some story to them. It's a win-win!

Presenting: the official prompts list for Loretober!
cFJwbKX.jpg

If you feel like joining in, there are some things to keep in mind as you write:
  • You don't have to do it every day! If it seems too daunting, just pick the days that sound fun to you. Not every prompt has to be used.
  • You can write a short paragraph or a sizable novel. Even a sentence is still one more bit of lore than you had before.
  • I would love to read everything you guys write! I'll be following this thread and #loretober on tumblr if you feel like posting it publicly, and I would also be up to receiving PMs of lore!
  • When posting to this thread, keep your lore to one post so that is easy to find.

I made a little button you can put in your signature or bio to show others that you're playing, too!

cbfj3hE.png
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2540976#post_2540976][img]https://i.imgur.com/cbfj3hE.png[/img][/url]

I can't wait to read what you guys come up with! Let's get creative, and happy writing!
lFpZcF0.png
Loretober Day 1: Hatchlings

Posting here as well since my fr tumblr is so new

‘And so, our fair Chieftain, Alderman, rose from the roots of the Braidwood and bid the Herbalist burn an incense of wildflowers and Sandalwood so he may commit this moment to memory. Then he gazed upon this Plague-eyed hatchling and declared with his rumbling voice, “It matters not which land colours their eyes. Our Clanship extends to anyone in need of a sanctuary to make their home, should their hearts be open. We accept ye, young Xodin, into our fold. You have made it to us by the graces of the Gladekeeper, our eternal mother. You are a chosen hatchling. Hail and welcome, little one.” And the young Guardian was bathed in the pools scented with Oakmoss and welcomed with a great feast. Another lost one had found their way home.’ -As written by Vervain, Clan Scrivener

It is no secret that most of the members of Clan Braidwood came into the fold as wandering hatchlings, with only a few exceptions. The first of these young lost ones were Lapis and Jasper, loping at the heels of the second stranger to befriend the leaders of the fledgeling clan. He himself found the pair playing in the wilds with no trace of their eggs or their parents. This began a long tradition of adopting lost hatchlings when no parents could be found. Eventually, this extended to peaceful and kind adult dragons as well, though they were much rarer.

Hatchlings born into Clan Braidwood are raised by their parents, often accompanying them for their chores. If such things are too dangerous or the hatchlings are too rambunctious, they are sent to the imperial Morning for the day. Wandering hatchlings adopted into the clan are occasionally adopted by a mated pair or even a single dragon. Such was the case with the skydancer Lapis, who was adopted by Delight the spiral huntress and Coramshan the medicinal herbalist. Otherwise, these hatchlings are raised with the whole of the adult clan members acting as parents. These little ones are mostly tended to by Morning, though they often follow other adults around on daily tasks.
Loretober Day 1: Hatchlings

Posting here as well since my fr tumblr is so new

‘And so, our fair Chieftain, Alderman, rose from the roots of the Braidwood and bid the Herbalist burn an incense of wildflowers and Sandalwood so he may commit this moment to memory. Then he gazed upon this Plague-eyed hatchling and declared with his rumbling voice, “It matters not which land colours their eyes. Our Clanship extends to anyone in need of a sanctuary to make their home, should their hearts be open. We accept ye, young Xodin, into our fold. You have made it to us by the graces of the Gladekeeper, our eternal mother. You are a chosen hatchling. Hail and welcome, little one.” And the young Guardian was bathed in the pools scented with Oakmoss and welcomed with a great feast. Another lost one had found their way home.’ -As written by Vervain, Clan Scrivener

It is no secret that most of the members of Clan Braidwood came into the fold as wandering hatchlings, with only a few exceptions. The first of these young lost ones were Lapis and Jasper, loping at the heels of the second stranger to befriend the leaders of the fledgeling clan. He himself found the pair playing in the wilds with no trace of their eggs or their parents. This began a long tradition of adopting lost hatchlings when no parents could be found. Eventually, this extended to peaceful and kind adult dragons as well, though they were much rarer.

Hatchlings born into Clan Braidwood are raised by their parents, often accompanying them for their chores. If such things are too dangerous or the hatchlings are too rambunctious, they are sent to the imperial Morning for the day. Wandering hatchlings adopted into the clan are occasionally adopted by a mated pair or even a single dragon. Such was the case with the skydancer Lapis, who was adopted by Delight the spiral huntress and Coramshan the medicinal herbalist. Otherwise, these hatchlings are raised with the whole of the adult clan members acting as parents. These little ones are mostly tended to by Morning, though they often follow other adults around on daily tasks.
Loretober Day 2: Curiosity
‘Curiosity is a strange and powerful thing, dangerous if not wielded properly. Curiosity may have been the seed that bloomed into our proud Clan, but it can cause serious harm and injury just as easily. It is such that our hatchlings learn very young to satiate their curiosity with questions and to curb their enthusiasm with experience under the gaze of one of the older members. There are times, however, when their reasoning slips and they curiously end up at the top of a tree before learning how to fly. At least these slip-ups are harmless. Many a parent fears their young one might wander off too far and lose their way in the woods. The Gladekeeper’s domain gives a bounty, but it is also untameable. A young hatchling lost in the forest would be at the whims of the other denizens of the Viridian Labyrinth. And so, the lessons continue strictly. There is a safe way to allow the little ones to explore, but mischief must be curbed first.’ -An explanation by Morning, Clan Denmother
Loretober Day 2: Curiosity
‘Curiosity is a strange and powerful thing, dangerous if not wielded properly. Curiosity may have been the seed that bloomed into our proud Clan, but it can cause serious harm and injury just as easily. It is such that our hatchlings learn very young to satiate their curiosity with questions and to curb their enthusiasm with experience under the gaze of one of the older members. There are times, however, when their reasoning slips and they curiously end up at the top of a tree before learning how to fly. At least these slip-ups are harmless. Many a parent fears their young one might wander off too far and lose their way in the woods. The Gladekeeper’s domain gives a bounty, but it is also untameable. A young hatchling lost in the forest would be at the whims of the other denizens of the Viridian Labyrinth. And so, the lessons continue strictly. There is a safe way to allow the little ones to explore, but mischief must be curbed first.’ -An explanation by Morning, Clan Denmother
Just wanted to post in this thread to let you know I made a thread for my posts here, sorry, I was going to post them here but I thought having my own would make it easier to reference them in my lore directory. This is a really awesome, idea, thank you for making this!! <333
Just wanted to post in this thread to let you know I made a thread for my posts here, sorry, I was going to post them here but I thought having my own would make it easier to reference them in my lore directory. This is a really awesome, idea, thank you for making this!! <333
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png || mahu | 23 | she/her | +17 FR time ||
art shop - clan directory - chronicles
I've been doing this on my wordpress account since that works best for me... can you give me a better idea if what you mean by Clan Flight(s)? @spoon
I've been doing this on my wordpress account since that works best for me... can you give me a better idea if what you mean by Clan Flight(s)? @spoon
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
@Darkrah write anything you'd like about the Flights (like the elements) or more specifically your clan's flight (or if they have multiples)
@Darkrah write anything you'd like about the Flights (like the elements) or more specifically your clan's flight (or if they have multiples)
lFpZcF0.png
Going to be following along with you in my own lore thread, thank you so much for this!
Going to be following along with you in my own lore thread, thank you so much for this!
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png