Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Open lore project - S.H.I.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37
@Maevepanda
Yeah, Litho and Butterfly are going to be Beastmasters. Forgot to make that clear. And I'm good with being pinged!
@Maevepanda
Yeah, Litho and Butterfly are going to be Beastmasters. Forgot to make that clear. And I'm good with being pinged!
Oml i'd love to join this and discuss a few ideas concerning it!!! It looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

Just need to find a dragon that'll fit~~
Oml i'd love to join this and discuss a few ideas concerning it!!! It looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

Just need to find a dragon that'll fit~~
[b]Username:[/b] Rainbowarcher22 [b]Dragon link:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38785823] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/387859/38785823_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Task/job:[/b] Soul Collector, Entertainer [b]Task/job description:[/b] Violetti describes himself as a god among dragons, the soothing river of ageless time, resilient, charismatic, charming, and above all else, gorgeous. Other dragons describe him as a flirt, a charmer, suggestive, and only [b]a lot[/b] egotistical. Despite thinking so highly of himself, he takes whatever work he's given with a nonchalant smile and little complaint. He enjoys being social and enjoys working with others. [b]Username:[/b] Rainbowarcher22 [b]Dragon link:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41141026] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411411/41141026_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Task/job:[/b] Soul Hunter, Mercenary, Exalter [b]Task/job description[/b]: Carbonada fairly social but prefers to work alongside her mate and friend, Qrow. Stealth is far from her aim, instead she is a hard hitter with attitude. Trying to sass her doesn't usually end up so well and she can seem pretty unstable at times. Dragons of her clan tend to avoid her no matter how nice she may seem at times, she, of course, has no issue with this. [b]Username: [/b]Rainbowarcher22 [b]Dragon link:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40833697] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408337/40833697_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Task/job:[/b] Soul Whisperer, Mercenary, Executioner [b]Task/job description:[/b] He tends to talk to just about anyone and is about as eccentric as the usual spiral, which is strange considering how often he deals with death. Nonetheless, he is rather desensitized to the whole process of killing dragons then guiding their souls to gates. He usually teams up with his mate and best friend, Carbonada to track, trap, and handle souls quickly and efficiently. He even enchanted Carbonada's claws for her.
Username: Rainbowarcher22
Dragon link:

38785823_350.png

Task/job: Soul Collector, Entertainer
Task/job description: Violetti describes himself as a god among dragons, the soothing river of ageless time, resilient, charismatic, charming, and above all else, gorgeous. Other dragons describe him as a flirt, a charmer, suggestive, and only a lot egotistical. Despite thinking so highly of himself, he takes whatever work he's given with a nonchalant smile and little complaint. He enjoys being social and enjoys working with others.

Dragon link:

41141026_350.png

Task/job: Soul Hunter, Mercenary, Exalter
Task/job description: Carbonada fairly social but prefers to work alongside her mate and friend, Qrow. Stealth is far from her aim, instead she is a hard hitter with attitude. Trying to sass her doesn't usually end up so well and she can seem pretty unstable at times. Dragons of her clan tend to avoid her no matter how nice she may seem at times, she, of course, has no issue with this.

Dragon link:

40833697_350.png

Task/job: Soul Whisperer, Mercenary, Executioner
Task/job description: He tends to talk to just about anyone and is about as eccentric as the usual spiral, which is strange considering how often he deals with death. Nonetheless, he is rather desensitized to the whole process of killing dragons then guiding their souls to gates. He usually teams up with his mate and best friend, Carbonada to track, trap, and handle souls quickly and efficiently. He even enchanted Carbonada's claws for her.
@Rookie

Great to hear the thread looks good :3
And I'll put that on the to-do list! It's a good idea to have more info about those topics.

Both, haha. I need help coming up with ideas, and I need help with my own ideas :)

Are Souls and Creatures able to return?
Haven't thought that out completely, but so far - no. Once the souls pass through the Gate, they leave this realm, and it's near impossible to return (if they manage to return, most will return as Undead or even more horrible creatures).

What exactly is a Gatekeepers task?
Well, the Gate itself is more like a manifestation of energy, not a real physical door. Although Souls and other creatures could be able to interact with it, I think a Gatekeepers main task is keeping souls in, and other beings and creatures out of Sornieth. THose beings from the nothingness are quite rare, but rather strong. It might be a cool event to come up with these beings with all the people who have a dragon registered at the S.H.I. :D

How old is the Gate?
Ancient - unknown, really. These Gates move all the time, and have existed as long as Sornieth and the Otherworld itself.

How long has the S.H.I. existed?
At first, it was just a new task my clan got, so I would say a few months/years. But it might be more fun if it's an ancient 'society' that slowly fell apart, and was reassembled (because maybe, as you said, there was a sudden influx of souls) - my clan being the new leads. But that would give more possibilities for extra history and lore possibilities :D

Are they volunteers or getting paid?
I think it's like a certain calling? They certainly don't get paid. Well, maybe. Maybe you got like a group of rogue Soul Hunters who will work like mercenaries? But that's not something that the S.H.I. would approve of though.

Sensing souls
That depends on each task. A Hunter can see and hear souls, but a Gatekeeper can only see them. I'm not entirely certain yet how the ability is obtained, but I was thinking that there are certain dragons (for example, my Teacher who's an Undead) that can give/learn others how to see/hear/interact with souls. It's definitely not genetic. And I guess there are certain dragons that are born with the ability too.

Is there a chain of command?
Hmmmmm, hadn't thought of that yet xD I think my dragons are like the leaders? There should be a certain structure, definitely.
Maybe there should also be certain tiers in each task? Like, when you first register, they begin in tier 5, and each month they can 'level up' until tier 1?

Nooooo, please don't chill xD I really love all these questions, it gives me more ideas and things to think about which makes this all better developed! So, thank you :D And I don't really mind - this thread or PM is both fine ^^

Actually, I was thinking of doing a 'Teacher Tuesday' - some Tuesdays I can make a post for everyone where I explain new insights, creatures, ideas, etc. I discussed with others (like you!) to keep everyone up-to-date. Seems more fun than a simple update post :)

Again, thank you for all the help ~
@Rookie

Great to hear the thread looks good :3
And I'll put that on the to-do list! It's a good idea to have more info about those topics.

Both, haha. I need help coming up with ideas, and I need help with my own ideas :)

Are Souls and Creatures able to return?
Haven't thought that out completely, but so far - no. Once the souls pass through the Gate, they leave this realm, and it's near impossible to return (if they manage to return, most will return as Undead or even more horrible creatures).

What exactly is a Gatekeepers task?
Well, the Gate itself is more like a manifestation of energy, not a real physical door. Although Souls and other creatures could be able to interact with it, I think a Gatekeepers main task is keeping souls in, and other beings and creatures out of Sornieth. THose beings from the nothingness are quite rare, but rather strong. It might be a cool event to come up with these beings with all the people who have a dragon registered at the S.H.I. :D

How old is the Gate?
Ancient - unknown, really. These Gates move all the time, and have existed as long as Sornieth and the Otherworld itself.

How long has the S.H.I. existed?
At first, it was just a new task my clan got, so I would say a few months/years. But it might be more fun if it's an ancient 'society' that slowly fell apart, and was reassembled (because maybe, as you said, there was a sudden influx of souls) - my clan being the new leads. But that would give more possibilities for extra history and lore possibilities :D

Are they volunteers or getting paid?
I think it's like a certain calling? They certainly don't get paid. Well, maybe. Maybe you got like a group of rogue Soul Hunters who will work like mercenaries? But that's not something that the S.H.I. would approve of though.

Sensing souls
That depends on each task. A Hunter can see and hear souls, but a Gatekeeper can only see them. I'm not entirely certain yet how the ability is obtained, but I was thinking that there are certain dragons (for example, my Teacher who's an Undead) that can give/learn others how to see/hear/interact with souls. It's definitely not genetic. And I guess there are certain dragons that are born with the ability too.

Is there a chain of command?
Hmmmmm, hadn't thought of that yet xD I think my dragons are like the leaders? There should be a certain structure, definitely.
Maybe there should also be certain tiers in each task? Like, when you first register, they begin in tier 5, and each month they can 'level up' until tier 1?

Nooooo, please don't chill xD I really love all these questions, it gives me more ideas and things to think about which makes this all better developed! So, thank you :D And I don't really mind - this thread or PM is both fine ^^

Actually, I was thinking of doing a 'Teacher Tuesday' - some Tuesdays I can make a post for everyone where I explain new insights, creatures, ideas, etc. I discussed with others (like you!) to keep everyone up-to-date. Seems more fun than a simple update post :)

Again, thank you for all the help ~
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Rainbowarcher22

Registered your dragons :D
Welcome to the S.H.I. ~

Is it okay if I add you to a pinglist for any further updates?
@Rainbowarcher22

Registered your dragons :D
Welcome to the S.H.I. ~

Is it okay if I add you to a pinglist for any further updates?
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@acestospades1

I'd love to discuss ideas :D
Looking forward to see which dragons you'll register ^^
@acestospades1

I'd love to discuss ideas :D
Looking forward to see which dragons you'll register ^^
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
[font=times new roman][b]Username:[/b] acestospades1 [b]Dragon Link:[/b] Kira [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45558221] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/455583/45558221_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Task/Job:[/b] Soul Hunter, Former Assassin/Mercenary [b]Task/Job Description:[/b] Kira was a born and raised hunter, excelling at getting the job done as quickly and cleanly as possible. This enables her to excel at her job as a soul hunter. She's usually tasked with the more... difficult souls that others are unable to take care of. At one point and time she was tasked training new recruits but it didn't go too well with her... colder personality. [b]Side Note:[/b] Might be making another character soon
Username: acestospades1
Dragon Link: Kira

45558221_350.png

Task/Job: Soul Hunter, Former Assassin/Mercenary
Task/Job Description: Kira was a born and raised hunter, excelling at getting the job done as quickly and cleanly as possible. This enables her to excel at her job as a soul hunter. She's usually tasked with the more... difficult souls that others are unable to take care of. At one point and time she was tasked training new recruits but it didn't go too well with her... colder personality.
Side Note: Might be making another character soon
Username: Renocide Dragon link: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32215106] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322152/32215106_350.png[/img] [/url] Task/job: beastmaster, doctor Task/job description: uuh, well she's pretty gentle until someone complains about her medicine tasting bad. she's the type of dragon who uses "because i said so" to adults and hatchlings alike, and familiars in this case. also feel free to yeet me at full force onto any pinglists for this
Username: Renocide
Dragon link:

32215106_350.png

Task/job: beastmaster, doctor
Task/job description: uuh, well she's pretty gentle until someone complains about her medicine tasting bad. she's the type of dragon who uses "because i said so" to adults and hatchlings alike, and familiars in this case.

also feel free to yeet me at full force onto any pinglists for this
dczs3nl-43d2b676-fe43-4f56-8bfe-1eaf5f76b574.png
@acestospades1

Kira is registered! Welcome ^^
@acestospades1

Kira is registered! Welcome ^^
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Renocide

Ivor :D
Good to see you here, Ollie ^^

I'll yeet you onto the pinglist with the speed of light.
@Renocide

Ivor :D
Good to see you here, Ollie ^^

I'll yeet you onto the pinglist with the speed of light.
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37