Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | a collection of our misadventures
1 2
JIN'S LORE THREAD

this is where i'll put my larger stories that i feel i shouldn't put in bios.

please don't post. this is for my personal use only. feel free to pm me and ask if you'd like to be pinged for when i write something new though.
JIN'S LORE THREAD

this is where i'll put my larger stories that i feel i shouldn't put in bios.

please don't post. this is for my personal use only. feel free to pm me and ask if you'd like to be pinged for when i write something new though.
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
may experience speaking issues from time to time, i apologize if my responses are lackluster/i forget to respond
------------- [center][font=gothic][size=7][color=#7492a5][b]LIBRARY[/b][/color][/size][/center] ------------- [center][color=grey][font=corbel][size=4][b][color=#7492a5]clan of the tumizsune[/b][/size] [color=grey]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2525034/1#post_36158842][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/409139/40913814.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][color=transparent]oo[nextcol][color=grey][font=corbel][b][color=#7492a5]CHAPTER » ONE[/color][/b] After Jayna overhears a conversation between two clan members talking about how coincidental the unification of various dragons are, he begins to wonder how coincidental it truly is and asks the clan's oracle about any possible being that could've brought the clan together.[/columns] [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2525034/1#post_36656557][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/414123/41412256.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=transparent]oo[nextcol][color=grey][font=corbel][b][color=#7492a5]CHAPTER » TWO[/color][/b] Pippen sets out to talk to the stars about Jayna's theory, and he decides his apprentice Tenderwing along for the trip. With his mind filled with self doubts, Tenderwing reluctantly travels with his master on the journey.[/columns] [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2525034/1#post_37426898][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/431100/43109934.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][color=transparent]oo[nextcol][color=grey][font=corbel][b][color=#7492a5]CHAPTER » THREE[/color][/b] Pippen and Tenderwing have been led to a mysterious shrine by the stars they reached out to. While they try to decipher the strange scrolls they find among the rubble, a storm begins to brew back at the clan.[/columns] [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2525034/1#post_37426903][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/409139/40913815.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][color=transparent]oo[nextcol][color=grey][font=corbel][b][color=#7492a5]CHAPTER » FOUR[/color][/b] Mourning the loss of his son, Jayna lashes out and wildly goes after the Emperor. Meanwhile, Tenderwing goes forward in deciphering the scrolls despite his heartbreak.[/columns] [font=corbel]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [size=4][b][color=#7492a5]next[/size][/b][/color] - - -[/center] [center][color=grey][font=corbel][size=4][b][color=#7492a5]standalone stories[/b][/size] [color=grey]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2525034/1#post_37426923][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/293993/29399239.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][color=transparent]oo[nextcol][color=grey][font=corbel][b][color=#7492a5]PINK GLITTERS IN » THE DARK[/color][/b] A young Fae has never seen the dangers that had lurked in her home; that is, until her curiosity gets the better of her and she finds herself in the claws of a menacing Imperial. But maybe there's more to the dragon than she thinks...[/columns] [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2525034/1#post_37426934][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/414123/41412256.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=transparent]oo[nextcol][color=grey][font=corbel][b][color=#7492a5]PIPPEN'S » JOURNAL[/color][/b] After receiving a few blank books from his scavenging clan mates, Pippen decides to create a journal in which he records the daily events of his life.[/columns] [font=corbel]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [size=4][b][color=#7492a5]next[/size][/b][/color] - - - [/center] [font=georgia][size=1][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=290544]code by celebie#290544[/url] [/font]

LIBRARY

clan of the tumizsune
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

40913814.png oo CHAPTER » ONE After Jayna overhears a conversation between two clan members talking about how coincidental the unification of various dragons are, he begins to wonder how coincidental it truly is and asks the clan's oracle about any possible being that could've brought the clan together.

41412256.png oo CHAPTER » TWO Pippen sets out to talk to the stars about Jayna's theory, and he decides his apprentice Tenderwing along for the trip. With his mind filled with self doubts, Tenderwing reluctantly travels with his master on the journey.

43109934.png oo CHAPTER » THREE Pippen and Tenderwing have been led to a mysterious shrine by the stars they reached out to. While they try to decipher the strange scrolls they find among the rubble, a storm begins to brew back at the clan.

40913815.png oo CHAPTER » FOUR Mourning the loss of his son, Jayna lashes out and wildly goes after the Emperor. Meanwhile, Tenderwing goes forward in deciphering the scrolls despite his heartbreak.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - next - - -

standalone stories
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

29399239.png oo PINK GLITTERS IN » THE DARK A young Fae has never seen the dangers that had lurked in her home; that is, until her curiosity gets the better of her and she finds herself in the claws of a menacing Imperial. But maybe there's more to the dragon than she thinks...

41412256.png oo PIPPEN'S » JOURNAL After receiving a few blank books from his scavenging clan mates, Pippen decides to create a journal in which he records the daily events of his life.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - next - - -

code by celebie#290544

writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
may experience speaking issues from time to time, i apologize if my responses are lackluster/i forget to respond
res
res
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
res
res
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
[center] [url=http://espressodragons.tumblr.com/post/138736477431/flight-dividers] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/456c4c8274fbae9edeafc9aefaaea69c/tumblr_inline_o21bm3kZFq1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/url] [columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][nextcol][size=6][i][b]Chapter One[/b][/i][/size] [center][size=5][i]The Epiphany[/i][/size][/center][nextcol][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977836][img]http://orig10.deviantart.net/e7f6/f/2015/201/0/7/glowing_quill_by_xnedra22-d924reo.png[/img][/url][/columns][/center] ----- Jayna fluttered around the very large burrow that was his lair. They had just recently moved from the Crystalspine Reaches to the Starwood Strands, so he still needed to sort out everything in the hoard. The place Jayna found was quite lovely. While his mate, Slipper, bluntly called it a "literal hole in the ground", the burrow was far from ugly. From the walls grew vegetation commonly found in the Starwood Strands, illuminating the lair with its plants glowing of light blue and purple. It appeared as though a larger clan or being had dug it in long ago, but was abandoned later on. Already had a few dragons begun to decorate, hanging various vines and plants from the roof of the lair and placing little pieces mined from the Crystalspine Reaches in them to create chandelier-like structures. There were plenty of holes in the lair for Jayna's clan members to sleep, plus a lot more if more dragons wanted to join the clan. The spacious and luminescent atmosphere of the lair was like a miniature version of the Starwood Strands. Some small trees can even be found growing in some of the hollows and in the depths of the lair. He looked to the hollow where the food was stored for a moment. It was a fairly-sized hole in the lair with a large spring of water flowing from the side. The water was kept in an oval-shaped pool with stones that must've been placed by those who built the hollow, judging by the amount of moss grown on them. The spring would never overflow, as small holes were poked in the bottom of the pool which would drain the water into another area which Jayna assumes is where the springs water comes from. The Fae was collecting food items and sorting them out through the cubbyholes in the hollow. Each hole had a door made up of strong woven bamboo that had small gaps that let air circulate, but would keep food out. Jayna was proud of his little invention, which was made out of materials he bought from a traveling dragon from the Wind flight. The Fae stuffed some insects into one cubby hole before closing the door and making sure it was locked by letting a stick poke out of one of the door holes and tying that stick to another that was poking out of the wall above the cubbyhole with some vines. He began to slow his tying when he heard some dragons talking in the hollow above him. Jayna didn't think of himself as nosy, but as clan leader, he had to have some responsibility and know everything that was going on in his clan. At least, that's what he told himself at that moment. "It felt like something drew me here." Jayna recognized the voice as Tenderwing, a fairly new Skydancer that had joined the clan. Jayna lifted himself off the ground and flew out of the hollow and up to where the voice came from to find that the Skydancer was conversing with Slipper, a fairly large Guardian who seemed like she was about to go train a dragon for exalting. The Fae was peering over from the floor of the hollow, watching the two converse. "I know the feeling! When I first met Jayna, he suggested to me that we make a clan together. I thought he was nuts and flew off. I fell asleep in some hole around here and I had a dream where I was leading a clan into battle. When I woke up, all I could think about was going back to him and starting a clan with him. Now that I look back on it, the entire thing was odd..." Slipper looked off into the distance, getting lost in her own thoughts. She quickly snapped out of it when she heard the distant cries of another dragon. "But I don't wanna go to the Mire! It's all smelly and gross!" Slipper turned to face the dragon who was whining in the corner of the hollow and growled. "Is that any way to treat the Arcanist? Why, consider it the highest honor to be serving for him! You'll be doing him and your clan proud! The Mire is the best place for you to train, now get to it!" The dragon, Jayna identified as a Ridgeback, drew back and crouched down, making themselves seem smaller in comparison to the hard-headed Guardian. Jayna felt sympathy for the dragon. As much as he would like serving his deity, he doesn't like the Mire either. Jayna looked over to where Tenderwing was to see him turning around and walking in the direction of the Fae. He quickly ducked down and fell downwards into the food hollow before he was noticed, letting the Skydancer fly out without any idea that his leader was listening to his conversation just moments ago. Jayna stood motionlessly, stuck in his own thoughts. He recalled when he first found himself in a hole in the Crystalspine Reaches, and his eyes gave him images of him raising a clan. He shook his head, clearing it of his thoughts as he flew mindlessly to fix up the hoard some more. ----- A week had passed since Jayna began to think about Tenderwing's comment about being drawn to his clan. He laid next to Slipper in their hole of the lair, with the latter snoring loud enough to make any dragon think there was a thunderstorm going on. It was a fairly sized hole that had another spring in it. Little trinkets could be found in some woven shelves that were on the walls of the hole, but most of them were Jayna's. Slipper's battle spears rested against the walls to the opposite of where Jayna's shelf was, and some of her armor could be found scattered throughout the floor. As much as the Fae had tried, he couldn't go to sleep that night. He could usually sleep through his mates snoring, but his thoughts started to weigh down on him and kept him from falling asleep. After a few moments of thought, Jayna quickly sprung up from the ground, flying out of the hole and into the heart of the lair. He soared down into the belly of it and flew into a softly-lit hollow, revealing Pippen scribbling down in his journal. His pink candles circled and floated around him, and faint whispers could be heard from their flames. The hollow was mostly filled with old bookshelves that looked on the brink of breaking, but the oracle made sure they would never break by creating a strange adhesive for the shelves. A small golden creature could be found in the corner of the hollow sleeping soundly in a nest of fur and feathers, and nearby was a cauldron that is used for creating potions and experiments. Pippen paused writing for a moment before turning around. He always wore a cover to seal his eyes, but Jayna knew Pippen could see in other ways due to his magical abilities. A candle floated closer to Jayna, and the Fae paused his breathing in order to hear its flames as best as he could. "Hello, Father. You're up late. Is there anything I can do for you?" The candle whispered. Pippen was always a strange dragon. From when he was born, he didn't seem to speak to any of the dragons. He had a strange gift for magic and alchemy, and he didn't turn out to be a dragon that served his deity from dominance like his parents initially wanted, however, Jayna still feels pride in Pippen due to his stunning capabilities. "I wanted to talk to you about something.. strange. It might seem weird and I'm probably just being paranoid, but-" Jayna prepared himself to ramble when he heard faint giggling coming from the candles. "But Father, strangeness and the unknown is what I specialize in. Please, do tell." Another candle floated by Jayna, whispering to him near his ear. Jayna stared at the oracle for a moment thinking about how to speak his thoughts without sounding too crazy. He took a deep breath and spoke. "Okay- well.. I overheard a conversation between two dragons recently about how they seemed to be 'drawn here'. It felt too... coincidental. You see, when I first found our old home in the Crystalspine Reaches, I had a vision. A vision of making a clan, I mean. That, paired with the visions and feelings these dragons just... mysteriously had just seems off." Jayna sighed. "Pip, am I thinking about this too hard?" Pippen didn't respond at first. He took a moment and turned to the book he was writing in earlier. He seemed to be reading its contents as a candle slowly floated its way to Jayna's ear. The pink Fae tried not to flinch at its flames getting so close to him. "I think not. This does seem other-worldly. I cannot give you an explanation at this moment, however.. this is worth looking into." Jayna exhaled in relief. "Thank you. Please tell me whatever you find." Pippen nodded absent-mindedly, before looking over to the golden-colored kitsune that was resting on a bed made of fluff and feathers in the corner of the hollow. "Liuu and I were already planning on going out, so we might as well use that opportunity to find any answers in the stars. Tenderwing will come with us too, as he hasn't talked to the sky yet." The candle flicked at Jayna. Jayna hummed in approval. "Be careful out there. If you run into any trouble, remember to come straight back here." With that, Jayna flew out of the hole and back to where Slipper was still snoring loudly. He placed himself on the Guardian's neck, burrowing himself in the mane of the lion headdress she always wore. He took a few moments to reflect on his conversation with Pippen before closing his eyes and drifting off into a slumber.

tumblr_inline_o21bm3kZFq1r3lvtf_400.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Chapter One
The Epiphany
glowing_quill_by_xnedra22-d924reo.png

Jayna fluttered around the very large burrow that was his lair. They had just recently moved from the Crystalspine Reaches to the Starwood Strands, so he still needed to sort out everything in the hoard.

The place Jayna found was quite lovely. While his mate, Slipper, bluntly called it a "literal hole in the ground", the burrow was far from ugly.

From the walls grew vegetation commonly found in the Starwood Strands, illuminating the lair with its plants glowing of light blue and purple. It appeared as though a larger clan or being had dug it in long ago, but was abandoned later on. Already had a few dragons begun to decorate, hanging various vines and plants from the roof of the lair and placing little pieces mined from the Crystalspine Reaches in them to create chandelier-like structures.

There were plenty of holes in the lair for Jayna's clan members to sleep, plus a lot more if more dragons wanted to join the clan. The spacious and luminescent atmosphere of the lair was like a miniature version of the Starwood Strands. Some small trees can even be found growing in some of the hollows and in the depths of the lair.

He looked to the hollow where the food was stored for a moment. It was a fairly-sized hole in the lair with a large spring of water flowing from the side. The water was kept in an oval-shaped pool with stones that must've been placed by those who built the hollow, judging by the amount of moss grown on them. The spring would never overflow, as small holes were poked in the bottom of the pool which would drain the water into another area which Jayna assumes is where the springs water comes from.

The Fae was collecting food items and sorting them out through the cubbyholes in the hollow. Each hole had a door made up of strong woven bamboo that had small gaps that let air circulate, but would keep food out. Jayna was proud of his little invention, which was made out of materials he bought from a traveling dragon from the Wind flight. The Fae stuffed some insects into one cubby hole before closing the door and making sure it was locked by letting a stick poke out of one of the door holes and tying that stick to another that was poking out of the wall above the cubbyhole with some vines.

He began to slow his tying when he heard some dragons talking in the hollow above him. Jayna didn't think of himself as nosy, but as clan leader, he had to have some responsibility and know everything that was going on in his clan. At least, that's what he told himself at that moment.

"It felt like something drew me here."

Jayna recognized the voice as Tenderwing, a fairly new Skydancer that had joined the clan. Jayna lifted himself off the ground and flew out of the hollow and up to where the voice came from to find that the Skydancer was conversing with Slipper, a fairly large Guardian who seemed like she was about to go train a dragon for exalting. The Fae was peering over from the floor of the hollow, watching the two converse.

"I know the feeling! When I first met Jayna, he suggested to me that we make a clan together. I thought he was nuts and flew off. I fell asleep in some hole around here and I had a dream where I was leading a clan into battle. When I woke up, all I could think about was going back to him and starting a clan with him. Now that I look back on it, the entire thing was odd..." Slipper looked off into the distance, getting lost in her own thoughts. She quickly snapped out of it when she heard the distant cries of another dragon.

"But I don't wanna go to the Mire! It's all smelly and gross!"

Slipper turned to face the dragon who was whining in the corner of the hollow and growled. "Is that any way to treat the Arcanist? Why, consider it the highest honor to be serving for him! You'll be doing him and your clan proud! The Mire is the best place for you to train, now get to it!"

The dragon, Jayna identified as a Ridgeback, drew back and crouched down, making themselves seem smaller in comparison to the hard-headed Guardian. Jayna felt sympathy for the dragon. As much as he would like serving his deity, he doesn't like the Mire either.

Jayna looked over to where Tenderwing was to see him turning around and walking in the direction of the Fae. He quickly ducked down and fell downwards into the food hollow before he was noticed, letting the Skydancer fly out without any idea that his leader was listening to his conversation just moments ago.

Jayna stood motionlessly, stuck in his own thoughts. He recalled when he first found himself in a hole in the Crystalspine Reaches, and his eyes gave him images of him raising a clan. He shook his head, clearing it of his thoughts as he flew mindlessly to fix up the hoard some more.

A week had passed since Jayna began to think about Tenderwing's comment about being drawn to his clan.

He laid next to Slipper in their hole of the lair, with the latter snoring loud enough to make any dragon think there was a thunderstorm going on. It was a fairly sized hole that had another spring in it. Little trinkets could be found in some woven shelves that were on the walls of the hole, but most of them were Jayna's. Slipper's battle spears rested against the walls to the opposite of where Jayna's shelf was, and some of her armor could be found scattered throughout the floor.

As much as the Fae had tried, he couldn't go to sleep that night. He could usually sleep through his mates snoring, but his thoughts started to weigh down on him and kept him from falling asleep.

After a few moments of thought, Jayna quickly sprung up from the ground, flying out of the hole and into the heart of the lair. He soared down into the belly of it and flew into a softly-lit hollow, revealing Pippen scribbling down in his journal. His pink candles circled and floated around him, and faint whispers could be heard from their flames.

The hollow was mostly filled with old bookshelves that looked on the brink of breaking, but the oracle made sure they would never break by creating a strange adhesive for the shelves. A small golden creature could be found in the corner of the hollow sleeping soundly in a nest of fur and feathers, and nearby was a cauldron that is used for creating potions and experiments.

Pippen paused writing for a moment before turning around. He always wore a cover to seal his eyes, but Jayna knew Pippen could see in other ways due to his magical abilities.

A candle floated closer to Jayna, and the Fae paused his breathing in order to hear its flames as best as he could.

"Hello, Father. You're up late. Is there anything I can do for you?" The candle whispered.

Pippen was always a strange dragon. From when he was born, he didn't seem to speak to any of the dragons. He had a strange gift for magic and alchemy, and he didn't turn out to be a dragon that served his deity from dominance like his parents initially wanted, however, Jayna still feels pride in Pippen due to his stunning capabilities.

"I wanted to talk to you about something.. strange. It might seem weird and I'm probably just being paranoid, but-" Jayna prepared himself to ramble when he heard faint giggling coming from the candles.

"But Father, strangeness and the unknown is what I specialize in. Please, do tell." Another candle floated by Jayna, whispering to him near his ear.

Jayna stared at the oracle for a moment thinking about how to speak his thoughts without sounding too crazy. He took a deep breath and spoke.

"Okay- well.. I overheard a conversation between two dragons recently about how they seemed to be 'drawn here'. It felt too... coincidental. You see, when I first found our old home in the Crystalspine Reaches, I had a vision. A vision of making a clan, I mean. That, paired with the visions and feelings these dragons just... mysteriously had just seems off." Jayna sighed.

"Pip, am I thinking about this too hard?"

Pippen didn't respond at first. He took a moment and turned to the book he was writing in earlier. He seemed to be reading its contents as a candle slowly floated its way to Jayna's ear. The pink Fae tried not to flinch at its flames getting so close to him.

"I think not. This does seem other-worldly. I cannot give you an explanation at this moment, however.. this is worth looking into."

Jayna exhaled in relief. "Thank you. Please tell me whatever you find."

Pippen nodded absent-mindedly, before looking over to the golden-colored kitsune that was resting on a bed made of fluff and feathers in the corner of the hollow. "Liuu and I were already planning on going out, so we might as well use that opportunity to find any answers in the stars. Tenderwing will come with us too, as he hasn't talked to the sky yet." The candle flicked at Jayna.

Jayna hummed in approval. "Be careful out there. If you run into any trouble, remember to come straight back here."

With that, Jayna flew out of the hole and back to where Slipper was still snoring loudly. He placed himself on the Guardian's neck, burrowing himself in the mane of the lion headdress she always wore.

He took a few moments to reflect on his conversation with Pippen before closing his eyes and drifting off into a slumber.
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
[center] [url=http://espressodragons.tumblr.com/post/138736477431/flight-dividers] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/456c4c8274fbae9edeafc9aefaaea69c/tumblr_inline_o21bm3kZFq1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/url] [columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][nextcol][size=6][i][b]Chapter Two[/b][/i][/size] [center][size=5][i]Tenderwing's Trials[/i][/size][/center][nextcol][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2269324][img]https://i.imgur.com/kv4ehIv.png[/img][/url][/columns][/center] ----- As the small Kitsune looked behind them, they saw dragons bustling about. When they turned back to where he was facing, he saw a small pink dragon and a larger purple dragon. "C'mon, Liuu." The purple dragon called. The Kitsune perked its ears at its name and trotted over to the dragon. The dragon stuck his hand out at the creature to reveal the various berries he was holding. Liuu pressed his nose against the berries before chomping down, savoring their sweet taste. When they were finished, the dragon drew back his hand and looked to the pink dragon hovering nearby, seemingly looking at nothing due to the cover he wore over his eyes. "Master Pippen, where will we go this time?" The purple dragon spoke, looking over the horizon. Pippen looked towards the sky for a moment before facing the dragon. "We will head north, back near the Crystalspine Reaches. We have a special trip ahead of us, Tenderwing. You will speak to the stars and inquire them on the task Father has given us." The pink candles floating near the Oracle whispered. Tenderwing snapped his head towards the Fae. "Me?! Master, I don't know if I'm ready for something like that. I just accomplished getting my candles to float!" Pippen let out a hum, looking back to the sky. As it turned to dusk, the sky grew a brilliant purple in contrast with the orange the sun was leaving behind. Some of the trees in the Starwood Strand had already begun their bloom, as specks mimicking that of starlight began to grow around them. "But you wouldn't have accomplished such a feat if you didn't try. So what is the harm in trying once again? If you continuously think you're not ready, how will you progress? One can be more ready than you realize." Pippen's candles edged closer to the Skydancer. "But Master, what if I fail? What if the stars do not wish anything to do with me?" Tenderwing protested. "Even if you do fail, there is no shame in that. There is no success without failure, after all. The stars take pride in people like us. There is no reason for them to have a disdain towards you." The candles mumbled and whispered in the Skydancer's ears. Tenderwing grew silent at that, and Pippen took it as a sign to start moving forward. Liuu happily trotted after him, leaving Tenderwing to tail the two. As they moved across the Starwood Strands, they watched as the trees above them began to blossom and share their stunning flowers. The sky began to darken further, letting the flowers shine and become one with the night sky stars. Though this spectacular sight left dragons breathless, Tenderwing could only stare at the ground as he walked. Despite his Master's reassurance, he couldn't shake the pit in his stomach filled with anxiety. He had watched Master Pippen talk to the stars numerous times, however, the Skydancer thought of himself as a slow learner. He didn't think he could accomplish such a thing at this point in his training. It was a rocky start when Tenderwing underwent his apprenticeship with Master Pippen. He didn't have control over his abilities, and he couldn't recall simple ingredients to the easiest of potions. But Master Pippen took every failure in stride, and never got short with the bumbling apprentice. He was always patient, and soon Tenderwing began to blossom enough that he had his own enchanted candles. They carried blue flames, a contrast to his Master's pink flames. The Skydancer always felt the blue had suited him. It even matched the soft blues his pelt and feathers showed. Tenderwing slowed his pace as his antennae twitched and vibrated. "Master, I sense something." Pippen stopped and turned to the Skydancer, leaving Liuu to carelessly bump into the Fae. Pippen didn't do so much as flinch at the contact, but Liuu, startled by the abrupt halt in movement, leaped backward to land a foot away from the Fae. "What do you feel?" Pippen's candles lazily floated towards Tenderwing in curiosity. "I don't feel it anymore but.. It felt like it came from the ground. Like a small aftershock from an earthquake." Tenderwing glanced down at his feet. Liuu looked to the Skydancer and tilted its head in confusion, mainly as to why neither dragons were moving anymore. "Do you know which direction it came from?" "No." Tenderwing shook his head and looked back to Pippen. "It was for a brief moment. I didn't get a good feel of it." Pippen hummed in acknowledgment, turning his attention to the ground. "What do you think it was, Master?" "That, I am unsure of. We can only keep moving forward. If it is something of concern, it will show itself in due time." Pippen looked back to the direction they were walking and continued their trek. Liuu barked in delight, following the small dragon closely. The Skydancer didn't move for a few moments, lost in thought. Possible sources of such vibrations ran through his mind before another bark from Liuu snapped him back to reality. Tenderwing flapped his wings and broke into a dash to catch up with the two. ----- Liuu collapsed onto the ground as the dragons slowed their pace and looked up to the clear skies above them. They were at the edge of the Starwood Strands, and the trees filled with starlight shone behind them. As Pippen walked further into the clearing, Tenderwing cast a glance towards the golden Kitsune that laid before them. "So dramatic.." The Skydancer mumbled. Tenderwing flinched at the sudden appearance of Pippen's candles in front of his face but quickly relaxed himself to hear the flames whispers. "This is a good spot to talk to the stars." The candle flickered. "I think Liuu agrees with you." Tenderwing chuckled, looking over to the familiar who now had it's tongue sticking out of its mouth, playing dead. Pippen glanced up at the stars. Even though his attire covered his eyes, he is still able to sense the aura radiating off of the small speckles of light in the sky. "O' apprentice of mine.." The candle whispered to Tenderwing. The Skydancer turned his attention to Pippen as the candle drew closer to him. "This is your time. Your next challenge is to speak to the stars about any ethereal beings that are watching over our clan." The Oracle faced his apprentice, letting his candles float back to him. Tenderwing could only nod his head in acceptance. Although the Skydancer was anxious, he felt a sense of excitement bubbling inside of him. [i]"If Master is testing me this quickly after my last test... I must be doing well!"[/i] The apprentice thought as he walked towards Pippen in an attempt to calm his nerves. "Good. Having faith in the stars is what I first taught you when you underwent your apprenticeship with me, however, having faith in yourself is key to exploring your limits and expanding your abilities." The candles flickered. Tenderwing couldn't tell from Pippen's face, however, he could sense a feeling of pride emanating from the Fae. "Now.." Pippen returned his attention to the stars. "Face them, and focus. Close your eyes and feel their aura envelop you. Hear their whispers, dear apprentice." Tenderwing stepped forward as he felt his heartbeat quicken. He looked up to the sky and observed the twinkling orbs that decorated the black of the night. The Skydancer shut his eyes and pictured the stars still sparkling where he had last seen them. After a few moments, Tenderwing's heart began to still. He caught himself feeling drowsy, but before the dragon could shake it off he was given a sense of calmness. Tenderwing took in a deep breath. [i]Is this the aura Master meant?[/i] He tried to focus on the light breeze passing through, the rustling of the trees overhead and kept the twinkling of stars in his thoughts. The Skydancer let out a breath before uttering what Pippen had told him to say earlier. "O, thee of another realm. I gaze upon you as a mere speck of matter in your vastly-ruled universe. I ask for your guidance, in this time of question." Tenderwing paused, taking in the sounds around him in hopes of a response. The Skydancer felt his heart sink as the seconds pass, with no answer to be heard. "Keep going." Tenderwing almost broke his focus as he heard Pippen's candles whisper to him. He took another deep breath and spoke louder than before. "We have reasons to believe we are in the presence of a force; a being unlike those we currently know about. One who has been leading dragons to our clan. If this is true, to what purpose do they bring?" Tenderwing spoke out into the forest. Moments passed, and Tenderwing began to open his eyes. As the Skydancer looked around, he could see that nothing around him has changed. It appeared as though the stars had no intention of speaking to the apprentice. Tenderwing sighed in disappointment and turned his head up to the stars. As his doubts began to multiply and crush any hopes the Skydancer had in his mind, he could see a star growing brighter and brighter in the sky. The apprentice felt his pulse quicken, and before he could call out to his master, the star began to move. Tenderwing watched as the star began to fall to the east of him. As it began to grow closer and closer to the horizon ahead of him, the star twinkled and spoke out to the apprentice. [i]Follow.[/i] The Skydancer stood in place dumbfounded. In complete shock, it took him a moment to process what the star said to him as it faded from view. "Master! A star fell in the east, and it told me to follow it. Our answer must lie in the east!" Tenderwing spoke, never taking his eyes off of the direction in which the star fell. "Well then, we will head east." Pippen's candles whispered. Despite the groan that could be heard from Liuu, the two quickly set off in the direction of the falling star. Tenderwing took a moment to look back up at the sky, giving it his silent thanks. ----- Slipper awoke with a start from her place on top of a large rock that overlooked the opening to her clan's lair. She lifted her large frame up from the rock and took a moment before opening her eyes in what she thought would be a bright awakening from the shining trees around her. The Guardian's pace quickened as she took in the sight around her; everything was pitch black, and the trees weren't glowing at all. Slipper quickly took flight and shot out in one direction in assumption she was kidnapped and taken somewhere else, but crashed into a tree before she could get too far. The fierce dragon kept her head down for a moment in an attempt to soothe the throbbing pain the crash had given her head, before looking up and trying to examine what she had flown into. Upon closer inspection, Slipper could tell that it was a tree, as she recognized the bark she would see every day in her patrols. Looking up at its blossoms could she find that there was no light coming off of it. [i]It's the same ol' tree.. But then why are all the lights turned off?[/i] Slipper let out a grunt as she lifted herself up off the ground once more but quickly jumped to the side as she heard the tree begin to snap and break. [i]The things turned weak! I used to be able to use any tree as a punching bag and it'd be left in the same condition as I found it![/i] Slipper thought as the tree grew quiet. [i]Of course all the weird stuff happens when all the weird-thing specialists go out on a field trip...[/i] The Guardian grumbled to herself as she stumbled in an attempt to find her lair.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Chapter Two
Tenderwing's Trials
kv4ehIv.png

As the small Kitsune looked behind them, they saw dragons bustling about. When they turned back to where he was facing, he saw a small pink dragon and a larger purple dragon.

"C'mon, Liuu." The purple dragon called.

The Kitsune perked its ears at its name and trotted over to the dragon. The dragon stuck his hand out at the creature to reveal the various berries he was holding. Liuu pressed his nose against the berries before chomping down, savoring their sweet taste. When they were finished, the dragon drew back his hand and looked to the pink dragon hovering nearby, seemingly looking at nothing due to the cover he wore over his eyes.

"Master Pippen, where will we go this time?" The purple dragon spoke, looking over the horizon.

Pippen looked towards the sky for a moment before facing the dragon.

"We will head north, back near the Crystalspine Reaches. We have a special trip ahead of us, Tenderwing. You will speak to the stars and inquire them on the task Father has given us." The pink candles floating near the Oracle whispered.

Tenderwing snapped his head towards the Fae. "Me?! Master, I don't know if I'm ready for something like that. I just accomplished getting my candles to float!"

Pippen let out a hum, looking back to the sky. As it turned to dusk, the sky grew a brilliant purple in contrast with the orange the sun was leaving behind. Some of the trees in the Starwood Strand had already begun their bloom, as specks mimicking that of starlight began to grow around them.

"But you wouldn't have accomplished such a feat if you didn't try. So what is the harm in trying once again? If you continuously think you're not ready, how will you progress? One can be more ready than you realize." Pippen's candles edged closer to the Skydancer.

"But Master, what if I fail? What if the stars do not wish anything to do with me?" Tenderwing protested.

"Even if you do fail, there is no shame in that. There is no success without failure, after all. The stars take pride in people like us. There is no reason for them to have a disdain towards you." The candles mumbled and whispered in the Skydancer's ears.

Tenderwing grew silent at that, and Pippen took it as a sign to start moving forward. Liuu happily trotted after him, leaving Tenderwing to tail the two.

As they moved across the Starwood Strands, they watched as the trees above them began to blossom and share their stunning flowers. The sky began to darken further, letting the flowers shine and become one with the night sky stars.

Though this spectacular sight left dragons breathless, Tenderwing could only stare at the ground as he walked. Despite his Master's reassurance, he couldn't shake the pit in his stomach filled with anxiety. He had watched Master Pippen talk to the stars numerous times, however, the Skydancer thought of himself as a slow learner. He didn't think he could accomplish such a thing at this point in his training.

It was a rocky start when Tenderwing underwent his apprenticeship with Master Pippen. He didn't have control over his abilities, and he couldn't recall simple ingredients to the easiest of potions. But Master Pippen took every failure in stride, and never got short with the bumbling apprentice. He was always patient, and soon Tenderwing began to blossom enough that he had his own enchanted candles. They carried blue flames, a contrast to his Master's pink flames. The Skydancer always felt the blue had suited him. It even matched the soft blues his pelt and feathers showed.

Tenderwing slowed his pace as his antennae twitched and vibrated.

"Master, I sense something."

Pippen stopped and turned to the Skydancer, leaving Liuu to carelessly bump into the Fae. Pippen didn't do so much as flinch at the contact, but Liuu, startled by the abrupt halt in movement, leaped backward to land a foot away from the Fae.

"What do you feel?" Pippen's candles lazily floated towards Tenderwing in curiosity.

"I don't feel it anymore but.. It felt like it came from the ground. Like a small aftershock from an earthquake." Tenderwing glanced down at his feet.

Liuu looked to the Skydancer and tilted its head in confusion, mainly as to why neither dragons were moving anymore.

"Do you know which direction it came from?"

"No." Tenderwing shook his head and looked back to Pippen. "It was for a brief moment. I didn't get a good feel of it."

Pippen hummed in acknowledgment, turning his attention to the ground.

"What do you think it was, Master?"

"That, I am unsure of. We can only keep moving forward. If it is something of concern, it will show itself in due time." Pippen looked back to the direction they were walking and continued their trek. Liuu barked in delight, following the small dragon closely.

The Skydancer didn't move for a few moments, lost in thought. Possible sources of such vibrations ran through his mind before another bark from Liuu snapped him back to reality. Tenderwing flapped his wings and broke into a dash to catch up with the two.

Liuu collapsed onto the ground as the dragons slowed their pace and looked up to the clear skies above them. They were at the edge of the Starwood Strands, and the trees filled with starlight shone behind them. As Pippen walked further into the clearing, Tenderwing cast a glance towards the golden Kitsune that laid before them.

"So dramatic.." The Skydancer mumbled.

Tenderwing flinched at the sudden appearance of Pippen's candles in front of his face but quickly relaxed himself to hear the flames whispers.

"This is a good spot to talk to the stars." The candle flickered.

"I think Liuu agrees with you." Tenderwing chuckled, looking over to the familiar who now had it's tongue sticking out of its mouth, playing dead.

Pippen glanced up at the stars. Even though his attire covered his eyes, he is still able to sense the aura radiating off of the small speckles of light in the sky.

"O' apprentice of mine.." The candle whispered to Tenderwing. The Skydancer turned his attention to Pippen as the candle drew closer to him.

"This is your time. Your next challenge is to speak to the stars about any ethereal beings that are watching over our clan." The Oracle faced his apprentice, letting his candles float back to him.

Tenderwing could only nod his head in acceptance. Although the Skydancer was anxious, he felt a sense of excitement bubbling inside of him.

"If Master is testing me this quickly after my last test... I must be doing well!" The apprentice thought as he walked towards Pippen in an attempt to calm his nerves.

"Good. Having faith in the stars is what I first taught you when you underwent your apprenticeship with me, however, having faith in yourself is key to exploring your limits and expanding your abilities." The candles flickered. Tenderwing couldn't tell from Pippen's face, however, he could sense a feeling of pride emanating from the Fae.

"Now.." Pippen returned his attention to the stars. "Face them, and focus. Close your eyes and feel their aura envelop you. Hear their whispers, dear apprentice."

Tenderwing stepped forward as he felt his heartbeat quicken. He looked up to the sky and observed the twinkling orbs that decorated the black of the night. The Skydancer shut his eyes and pictured the stars still sparkling where he had last seen them. After a few moments, Tenderwing's heart began to still. He caught himself feeling drowsy, but before the dragon could shake it off he was given a sense of calmness.

Tenderwing took in a deep breath. Is this the aura Master meant? He tried to focus on the light breeze passing through, the rustling of the trees overhead and kept the twinkling of stars in his thoughts.

The Skydancer let out a breath before uttering what Pippen had told him to say earlier.

"O, thee of another realm. I gaze upon you as a mere speck of matter in your vastly-ruled universe. I ask for your guidance, in this time of question."

Tenderwing paused, taking in the sounds around him in hopes of a response.

The Skydancer felt his heart sink as the seconds pass, with no answer to be heard.

"Keep going." Tenderwing almost broke his focus as he heard Pippen's candles whisper to him.

He took another deep breath and spoke louder than before.

"We have reasons to believe we are in the presence of a force; a being unlike those we currently know about. One who has been leading dragons to our clan. If this is true, to what purpose do they bring?" Tenderwing spoke out into the forest.

Moments passed, and Tenderwing began to open his eyes. As the Skydancer looked around, he could see that nothing around him has changed. It appeared as though the stars had no intention of speaking to the apprentice.

Tenderwing sighed in disappointment and turned his head up to the stars. As his doubts began to multiply and crush any hopes the Skydancer had in his mind, he could see a star growing brighter and brighter in the sky.

The apprentice felt his pulse quicken, and before he could call out to his master, the star began to move. Tenderwing watched as the star began to fall to the east of him. As it began to grow closer and closer to the horizon ahead of him, the star twinkled and spoke out to the apprentice.

Follow.

The Skydancer stood in place dumbfounded. In complete shock, it took him a moment to process what the star said to him as it faded from view.

"Master! A star fell in the east, and it told me to follow it. Our answer must lie in the east!" Tenderwing spoke, never taking his eyes off of the direction in which the star fell.

"Well then, we will head east." Pippen's candles whispered.

Despite the groan that could be heard from Liuu, the two quickly set off in the direction of the falling star. Tenderwing took a moment to look back up at the sky, giving it his silent thanks.

Slipper awoke with a start from her place on top of a large rock that overlooked the opening to her clan's lair. She lifted her large frame up from the rock and took a moment before opening her eyes in what she thought would be a bright awakening from the shining trees around her.

The Guardian's pace quickened as she took in the sight around her; everything was pitch black, and the trees weren't glowing at all. Slipper quickly took flight and shot out in one direction in assumption she was kidnapped and taken somewhere else, but crashed into a tree before she could get too far.

The fierce dragon kept her head down for a moment in an attempt to soothe the throbbing pain the crash had given her head, before looking up and trying to examine what she had flown into.

Upon closer inspection, Slipper could tell that it was a tree, as she recognized the bark she would see every day in her patrols. Looking up at its blossoms could she find that there was no light coming off of it.

It's the same ol' tree.. But then why are all the lights turned off?

Slipper let out a grunt as she lifted herself up off the ground once more but quickly jumped to the side as she heard the tree begin to snap and break.

The things turned weak! I used to be able to use any tree as a punching bag and it'd be left in the same condition as I found it! Slipper thought as the tree grew quiet.

Of course all the weird stuff happens when all the weird-thing specialists go out on a field trip... The Guardian grumbled to herself as she stumbled in an attempt to find her lair.
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
[center] [url=http://espressodragons.tumblr.com/post/138736477431/flight-dividers] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/456c4c8274fbae9edeafc9aefaaea69c/tumblr_inline_o21bm3kZFq1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/url] [columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][nextcol][size=6][i][b]Chapter Three[/b][/i][/size] [center][size=5][i]Brewing Storms[/i][/size][/center][nextcol][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2269324][img]https://i.imgur.com/hSDWgnG.png[/img][/url][/columns][/center] ----- All Tenderwing could think about was the falling star as he headed east. The apprentice was overjoyed by how wrong he was about the stars; they spoke to him despite his doubts, and he couldn't be happier. Right beside Tenderwing was Pippen who was keeping up with the Skydancer's fast pace, and when the apprentice looked back he could see Liuu who was lagging behind. The small familiar was trying their hardest to keep up with the two, but could only run so far. Tenderwing let out a small chuckle as he turned his focus back onto the horizon. He could see the sun beginning to rise and the sky glow a pleasant orange. The three broke out of the forest and began to scale a large hill. After a few more moments of running, Tenderwing noticed a small structure that laid on top of the hill in the distance. "Master! Do you see that too?" Tenderwing panted as he ran. "Yes. Perhaps that is where the star wants us to go." Pippen's candles tried their best to convey their whispers to the Skydancer, though it proved difficult as the two were still moving quickly. The two dragons began to slow their pace as they approached the structure. It was in an egg-like shape and looked to be made out of old square stones with swirls engraved on them. They were covered in moss, and half of the walls were missing or broken apart. When Tenderwing stepped inside, sunlight could be found peeking through the cracks of the walls. The first thing the apprentice saw in the structure was a strange pedestal in the middle. While there wasn't anything on the pedestal, upon further examination could small markings be seen. "Master... I don't recognize this writing." Tenderwing looked to where the Oracle stood. He seemed to still be taking in the atmosphere of the structure when he was spoken to. Pippen approached the pedestal and leaned close, letting his candles illuminate the markings more. "It seems to be the same scrambled writing we've dealt with before. With those strange parchments our scavengers had found." Pippen turned his attention from the pedestal to deeper into the structure. As his candles moved forward, he noticed small scroll cases on the floor. Tenderwing took attention to these cases as well and picked one up to see the contents inside. When the apprentice opened the lid and tipped the case over, a piece of parchment could be found inside. "It's the same scrambled writing. Was this an ancient language?" Tenderwing put the parchment back into the scroll case. "Perhaps so, yes. We should take these back to the clan so that I can decipher them." Pippen moved his candles over to Liuu, who was laying on the floor in an attempt to regain his breath from running after the two dragons. "Liuu." The candles flickered at the kitsune, startling them and making it jump up in the air in surprise. "We must carry these scroll cases back to the clan." Pippen gestured to the ground where the cases laid. "Will you use your tails to help us?" Liuu let out a small bark as he trotted over to the Oracle and began to wrap his tails around the numerous scroll cases scattered about on the floor. Pippen and Tenderwing took the rest of the cases that were in the structure before Tenderwing had noticed that there wasn't any more sunlight coming from the cracks in the walls. The apprentice walked out of the structure and looked up at the sky to find deep black storm clouds coating the sky, blocking any light from shining down. As the apprentice turned his direction forward, he noticed that the structure was on top of a hill looking out to the Starwood Strands. When Tenderwing looked closer at the clouds, he noticed that they were circling around the area his clan would be in the Strands. "M-Master! Master!" Tenderwing cried out, whipping his body around to face where the Fae stood in the structure. "Something's happening outside! There are storm clouds that are circling around our clan territory!" Pippen shot his head out in the direction of his apprentice and flew out of the structure, raising his head to take in the sense of power emanating from the clouds. "We need to get back to the clan. Quickly!" The Oracle's candles snapped. Tenderwing gave Pippen the remaining scroll cases he was holding so that the Skydancer would be able to hold Liuu in his arms. The familiar let out a yelp as they were quickly grabbed and taken off of the ground as Tenderwing flew off in the direction of his clan. Ignoring Liuu's protests and squirms, Tenderwing looked back to check on the Fae and felt reassured as Pippen was flying closely behind him. [i]Hold on, everyone.. We're coming![/i] Tenderwing looked at the clouds above his clan that only seemed to be getting darker and darker overhead. ----- Slipper woke with a start as she heard lightning crash down near the clan. As the Guardian looked around, she found herself in her bed in the clan's lair. [i] Wow... I was so tired, I don't even remember coming in here![/i] Slipper grinned to herself. As she flew out of her hole in the lair, she saw her lairmates scrambling about and hatchlings crying and fluttering about. "SLIPPER! Get over here!" Slipper turned her attention over to the source of the booming voice calling out to her. She found her gaze locked on Tiki, who was standing on the ground of the lair, and flew towards him with a huff. "What do you want? What's with everyone?" Slipper growled at the Imperial. Tiki lifted up his chin to appear bigger to the Guardian, but before he could provide her with an answer, Jayna appeared behind the Imperial and began to speak quickly without as much as taking a breath. "Slipper, you're finally awake oh my goodness are you okay you were passed out outside of the clan and everything was dark and now there's a huge storm cloud circling the area do you know what's going on?" Slipper blinked, taking a moment to process all the Fae had said. "N-no, I don't. I don't even- wait, I passed out? I thought I walked to our hollow." The Guardian replied, trying to recall what happened to her last night. "No, you were passed out by the clan entrance. I had to carry you inside." Tiki snorted. The Guardian snarled. "Well, excuse me for watching over the clan! It got late and everything was so dark, I couldn't find the entrance!" "And that's a problem. The trees didn't glow last night, and now a massive thunderstorm is going on outside, but it's only for the area. I looked around, and it's suspiciously only around here. It doesn't look normal." Tiki explained. "What do you want me to do about it then?" Slipper huffed. "Can you stop being childish for a moment and think? The clan could be in danger here. This might be the work of a mage or something." Tiki growled at the Guardian before turning his attention to the clan entrance as the sound of thunder roared through the lair. "So you want us to go find 'em and show them not to mess with us?" Slipper ignored Tiki's jab at her and grinned at the thought of a fight. Tiki turned his attention back to Slipper and stared at her blankly for a moment. "... Yes." The Imperial replied emotionally. "ALRIGHT!" The Guardian roared, startling the surrounding dragons and hatchlings. "Um... If I can say something.." Jayna walked closer to the two. "Pippen and Tenderwing aren't back yet. If you find them, can you make sure they're okay..?" Jayna mumbled. "Oh, I wouldn't worry! Pippen is the weird-thing master. If they found any trouble, he could just make it disappear with his magic." The Guardian laughed. Tiki continued to stare blankly at Slipper before turning his attention to Jayna with a warm expression. "They'll be okay, Jayna. Have faith in your son." Jayna nodded shyly before flying off in an attempt to help his lairmates in soothing the hatchlings during the storm. "So we're gonna split-up, yeah?" The Guardian looked at Tiki with hope in her eyes. "No. I don't think that's a good idea right now. We don't know what we're dealing with right now." Tiki began to take off towards the clan entrance. "Hey, wait!" Slipper quickly took off and followed the Imperial. "But we'd be able to cover more ground and find the dude a lot quicker!" The Imperial stopped outside of the clan entrance and turned back to the Guardian. "I don't want us to split-up. I don't care what's quicker or more efficient; I want us to be safe." Tiki stared at Slipper as the thunder roared outside. The Guardian was about to protest before realizing the implications of his explanation. "Okay. We'll go together then." She grumbled. [i]You're annoying to be around, but Arcanist help me you're too caring.[/i] Slipper thought to herself as the two flew out of the lair and into the stormy woods. As the two soared across the Starwood Strands, they watched as the clouds lit up and glowed as lightning danced and shimmering across the skies. Before long, the two took notice of two purple beings flying closer and closer to the warriors. "Stop, this might be-!" Tiki stopped himself as the beings came closer into view and were able to be recognized. "Hey, the specialists have returned!" Slipper cheered as Pippen and Tenderwing flew closer to the two. Liuu could be found in Tenderwing's hold, squirming and whining in attempt to be let down. "What are you guys doing outside? It's dangerous! You could be struck down!" Tenderwing cried out. "Well I don't know about Tiki, but I'm an Arcane dragon. Lightning stuff doesn't do much to me!" Slipper laughed. Tiki sighed. "We were looking for the source of this weird storm, and partially for you guys. You should head back, Jayna seems to be worried sick about you." As thunder continued to roar, Pippen lifted his head at the Imperial as he spoke of the Oracle's father. "We all need to head back. It's for the best." Pippen's candles flickered as loud as they could. The Oracle seemed to have lucked out, as right when his candles whispered out to the dragons, the thunder had settled down for a moment. The two warriors looked at Pippen with a hurt expression and were about to protest, but quickly changed their minds as they knew the Oracle would know more about the situation than them. "Fine. Keep up with us, I'm not looking to stay out here for longer than I have to." Tiki twisted himself in the opposite direction and soared towards the clan's entrance, followed by the other three dragons. As they soared across the sky, they didn't bother to speak further as they let the boom of thunder fill the area and their ears. Slipper turned her head back to the two strangling dragons to announce they're near the clan entrance when she noticed that the two had stopped mid-flight. She whipped her head back to Tiki to alert him. "Tiki, hold on! They stopped!" The Guardian cried out. Tiki snapped his head at the Guardian and quickly shifted his gaze on the two mage's that were landing on the ground. The two warriors soared down to where the purple dragons stood. "What are you doing?! Didn't you just say we needed to get inside?" Tiki snapped. Tenderwing calmly looked at the Imperial before responding. "Master senses something." As Slipper opened her mouth in an attempt to encourage the two to follow them inside, a large roar ripped through the sounds of thunder and shook the dragons with the powerful sound. The four dragons turned their attention to a large being that could be seen on the horizon, sitting in the waters by the Crystalspine Reaches. It seemed to be a massive dragon, but it held several heads with multiple eye colors. The heads curved and twisted in irregular movements before one of the heads let out another roar. "What.. What is that?!" Slipper screeched, trying to make her voice heard throughout the roaring and thunder. The Guardian looked to Tiki to find the Imperial frozen. His expression was blank, but Slipper could see the terror in his eyes. "An Emperor.." The Imperial mumbled. "You ain't kiddin'?! THAT'S an Emperor?? It's huge!" Slipper whipped her head back to the large beast. She began to notice that Pippen was inching himself in the direction of the Emperor, and was about to call him out before he shot himself off the ground and in the direction of the beast. "PIPPEN!" The three dragons cried out to the oracle. As they rushed after him, a large bolt of lightning shot down at the Fae. In the blink of an eye, the Fae disappeared along with the bolt. The three dragons, stunned for a moment, quickly snapped out of their shock and flew towards where Pippen was shot. They stared at the mark left by the bolt as they searched for any sign of the oracle. "Master..?" Tenderwing whispered. Liuu could only whine pitifully in the Skydancer's hold. "PIPPEN!" The three dragons snapped their heads at the new voice to find Jayna looking horrified at the spot where Pippen was last seen. "Oh, Jayna... What are you doing out here?" Tiki mumbled, feeling sympathy for the poor Fae. "My son! That was my son! Where did he go?!" Jayna blabbered as he flew towards the area the oracle was shot and felt around the mark in a desperate attempt to find anything left of him. "We don't know, Jayna... That's so abnormal.." Tiki placed his tail delicately on the Fae's wings in attempt to comfort him. "He couldn't have burnt to a tiny crisp, could he..?" Slipper cracked a small smile in an attempt to uplift herself but quickly changed her expression into a frown as she looked back at the mark. "My son.." Jayna crouched down and placed his head on the mark, whimpering and mumbling to himself. Slipper placed her wing over Jayna as she crouched next to him, placing her own head next to her mate's. Tiki could only look at the two in despair before looking over to the oracle's apprentice. The Skydancer held tears in his eyes but was staring off at the Emperor in the distance. "One of the Emperor's heads has Lightning eyes.. Were they the one who created this storm?" Tenderwing whispered. Jayna perked his head up to the Skydancer before turning his attention to the large beast in the distance. "That's who killed my son?" Jayna spoke in a monotone voice. Tiki quickly saw through the Fae's thoughts. "Jayna, I know you're distressed, but you shouldn't-" The Imperial couldn't finish his sentence as Jayna shot himself from the ground and towards the Emperor with a shriek. "Jayna, no!" Tiki snarled, flying off after the Fae. "I can't lose you too! Get back here you idiot!" Slipper followed the Imperial closely, attempting to outpace him in catching the small dragon. Tenderwing was left to himself, staring after the three dragons flying in the direction of the Emperor. He turned his direction back to the mark where the bolt struck the ground and continued to stare. His grip on all of his scrolls and Liuu began to loosen, and they all dropped to the ground without the Skydancer reacting with as much as a blink. "Oh, Arcanist... Help us all."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Chapter Three
Brewing Storms
hSDWgnG.png

All Tenderwing could think about was the falling star as he headed east.

The apprentice was overjoyed by how wrong he was about the stars; they spoke to him despite his doubts, and he couldn't be happier.

Right beside Tenderwing was Pippen who was keeping up with the Skydancer's fast pace, and when the apprentice looked back he could see Liuu who was lagging behind. The small familiar was trying their hardest to keep up with the two, but could only run so far.

Tenderwing let out a small chuckle as he turned his focus back onto the horizon. He could see the sun beginning to rise and the sky glow a pleasant orange. The three broke out of the forest and began to scale a large hill.

After a few more moments of running, Tenderwing noticed a small structure that laid on top of the hill in the distance.

"Master! Do you see that too?" Tenderwing panted as he ran.

"Yes. Perhaps that is where the star wants us to go." Pippen's candles tried their best to convey their whispers to the Skydancer, though it proved difficult as the two were still moving quickly.

The two dragons began to slow their pace as they approached the structure. It was in an egg-like shape and looked to be made out of old square stones with swirls engraved on them. They were covered in moss, and half of the walls were missing or broken apart. When Tenderwing stepped inside, sunlight could be found peeking through the cracks of the walls.

The first thing the apprentice saw in the structure was a strange pedestal in the middle. While there wasn't anything on the pedestal, upon further examination could small markings be seen.

"Master... I don't recognize this writing." Tenderwing looked to where the Oracle stood. He seemed to still be taking in the atmosphere of the structure when he was spoken to.

Pippen approached the pedestal and leaned close, letting his candles illuminate the markings more.

"It seems to be the same scrambled writing we've dealt with before. With those strange parchments our scavengers had found." Pippen turned his attention from the pedestal to deeper into the structure. As his candles moved forward, he noticed small scroll cases on the floor.

Tenderwing took attention to these cases as well and picked one up to see the contents inside. When the apprentice opened the lid and tipped the case over, a piece of parchment could be found inside.

"It's the same scrambled writing. Was this an ancient language?" Tenderwing put the parchment back into the scroll case.

"Perhaps so, yes. We should take these back to the clan so that I can decipher them." Pippen moved his candles over to Liuu, who was laying on the floor in an attempt to regain his breath from running after the two dragons.

"Liuu." The candles flickered at the kitsune, startling them and making it jump up in the air in surprise.

"We must carry these scroll cases back to the clan." Pippen gestured to the ground where the cases laid. "Will you use your tails to help us?"

Liuu let out a small bark as he trotted over to the Oracle and began to wrap his tails around the numerous scroll cases scattered about on the floor. Pippen and Tenderwing took the rest of the cases that were in the structure before Tenderwing had noticed that there wasn't any more sunlight coming from the cracks in the walls.

The apprentice walked out of the structure and looked up at the sky to find deep black storm clouds coating the sky, blocking any light from shining down. As the apprentice turned his direction forward, he noticed that the structure was on top of a hill looking out to the Starwood Strands. When Tenderwing looked closer at the clouds, he noticed that they were circling around the area his clan would be in the Strands.

"M-Master! Master!" Tenderwing cried out, whipping his body around to face where the Fae stood in the structure. "Something's happening outside! There are storm clouds that are circling around our clan territory!"

Pippen shot his head out in the direction of his apprentice and flew out of the structure, raising his head to take in the sense of power emanating from the clouds.

"We need to get back to the clan. Quickly!" The Oracle's candles snapped.

Tenderwing gave Pippen the remaining scroll cases he was holding so that the Skydancer would be able to hold Liuu in his arms. The familiar let out a yelp as they were quickly grabbed and taken off of the ground as Tenderwing flew off in the direction of his clan. Ignoring Liuu's protests and squirms, Tenderwing looked back to check on the Fae and felt reassured as Pippen was flying closely behind him.

Hold on, everyone.. We're coming! Tenderwing looked at the clouds above his clan that only seemed to be getting darker and darker overhead.

Slipper woke with a start as she heard lightning crash down near the clan. As the Guardian looked around, she found herself in her bed in the clan's lair.

Wow... I was so tired, I don't even remember coming in here! Slipper grinned to herself.

As she flew out of her hole in the lair, she saw her lairmates scrambling about and hatchlings crying and fluttering about.

"SLIPPER! Get over here!"

Slipper turned her attention over to the source of the booming voice calling out to her. She found her gaze locked on Tiki, who was standing on the ground of the lair, and flew towards him with a huff.

"What do you want? What's with everyone?" Slipper growled at the Imperial.

Tiki lifted up his chin to appear bigger to the Guardian, but before he could provide her with an answer, Jayna appeared behind the Imperial and began to speak quickly without as much as taking a breath.

"Slipper, you're finally awake oh my goodness are you okay you were passed out outside of the clan and everything was dark and now there's a huge storm cloud circling the area do you know what's going on?"

Slipper blinked, taking a moment to process all the Fae had said.

"N-no, I don't. I don't even- wait, I passed out? I thought I walked to our hollow." The Guardian replied, trying to recall what happened to her last night.

"No, you were passed out by the clan entrance. I had to carry you inside." Tiki snorted.

The Guardian snarled. "Well, excuse me for watching over the clan! It got late and everything was so dark, I couldn't find the entrance!"

"And that's a problem. The trees didn't glow last night, and now a massive thunderstorm is going on outside, but it's only for the area. I looked around, and it's suspiciously only around here. It doesn't look normal." Tiki explained.

"What do you want me to do about it then?" Slipper huffed.

"Can you stop being childish for a moment and think? The clan could be in danger here. This might be the work of a mage or something." Tiki growled at the Guardian before turning his attention to the clan entrance as the sound of thunder roared through the lair.

"So you want us to go find 'em and show them not to mess with us?" Slipper ignored Tiki's jab at her and grinned at the thought of a fight.

Tiki turned his attention back to Slipper and stared at her blankly for a moment.

"... Yes." The Imperial replied emotionally.

"ALRIGHT!" The Guardian roared, startling the surrounding dragons and hatchlings.

"Um... If I can say something.." Jayna walked closer to the two. "Pippen and Tenderwing aren't back yet. If you find them, can you make sure they're okay..?" Jayna mumbled.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry! Pippen is the weird-thing master. If they found any trouble, he could just make it disappear with his magic." The Guardian laughed.

Tiki continued to stare blankly at Slipper before turning his attention to Jayna with a warm expression. "They'll be okay, Jayna. Have faith in your son."

Jayna nodded shyly before flying off in an attempt to help his lairmates in soothing the hatchlings during the storm.

"So we're gonna split-up, yeah?" The Guardian looked at Tiki with hope in her eyes.

"No. I don't think that's a good idea right now. We don't know what we're dealing with right now." Tiki began to take off towards the clan entrance.

"Hey, wait!" Slipper quickly took off and followed the Imperial. "But we'd be able to cover more ground and find the dude a lot quicker!"

The Imperial stopped outside of the clan entrance and turned back to the Guardian.

"I don't want us to split-up. I don't care what's quicker or more efficient; I want us to be safe." Tiki stared at Slipper as the thunder roared outside.

The Guardian was about to protest before realizing the implications of his explanation. "Okay. We'll go together then." She grumbled.

You're annoying to be around, but Arcanist help me you're too caring. Slipper thought to herself as the two flew out of the lair and into the stormy woods.

As the two soared across the Starwood Strands, they watched as the clouds lit up and glowed as lightning danced and shimmering across the skies. Before long, the two took notice of two purple beings flying closer and closer to the warriors.

"Stop, this might be-!" Tiki stopped himself as the beings came closer into view and were able to be recognized.

"Hey, the specialists have returned!" Slipper cheered as Pippen and Tenderwing flew closer to the two. Liuu could be found in Tenderwing's hold, squirming and whining in attempt to be let down.

"What are you guys doing outside? It's dangerous! You could be struck down!" Tenderwing cried out.

"Well I don't know about Tiki, but I'm an Arcane dragon. Lightning stuff doesn't do much to me!" Slipper laughed.

Tiki sighed. "We were looking for the source of this weird storm, and partially for you guys. You should head back, Jayna seems to be worried sick about you."

As thunder continued to roar, Pippen lifted his head at the Imperial as he spoke of the Oracle's father.

"We all need to head back. It's for the best." Pippen's candles flickered as loud as they could. The Oracle seemed to have lucked out, as right when his candles whispered out to the dragons, the thunder had settled down for a moment.

The two warriors looked at Pippen with a hurt expression and were about to protest, but quickly changed their minds as they knew the Oracle would know more about the situation than them.

"Fine. Keep up with us, I'm not looking to stay out here for longer than I have to." Tiki twisted himself in the opposite direction and soared towards the clan's entrance, followed by the other three dragons.

As they soared across the sky, they didn't bother to speak further as they let the boom of thunder fill the area and their ears.

Slipper turned her head back to the two strangling dragons to announce they're near the clan entrance when she noticed that the two had stopped mid-flight. She whipped her head back to Tiki to alert him.

"Tiki, hold on! They stopped!" The Guardian cried out.

Tiki snapped his head at the Guardian and quickly shifted his gaze on the two mage's that were landing on the ground. The two warriors soared down to where the purple dragons stood.

"What are you doing?! Didn't you just say we needed to get inside?" Tiki snapped.

Tenderwing calmly looked at the Imperial before responding. "Master senses something."

As Slipper opened her mouth in an attempt to encourage the two to follow them inside, a large roar ripped through the sounds of thunder and shook the dragons with the powerful sound.

The four dragons turned their attention to a large being that could be seen on the horizon, sitting in the waters by the Crystalspine Reaches. It seemed to be a massive dragon, but it held several heads with multiple eye colors. The heads curved and twisted in irregular movements before one of the heads let out another roar.

"What.. What is that?!" Slipper screeched, trying to make her voice heard throughout the roaring and thunder. The Guardian looked to Tiki to find the Imperial frozen. His expression was blank, but Slipper could see the terror in his eyes.

"An Emperor.." The Imperial mumbled.

"You ain't kiddin'?! THAT'S an Emperor?? It's huge!" Slipper whipped her head back to the large beast.

She began to notice that Pippen was inching himself in the direction of the Emperor, and was about to call him out before he shot himself off the ground and in the direction of the beast.

"PIPPEN!" The three dragons cried out to the oracle. As they rushed after him, a large bolt of lightning shot down at the Fae. In the blink of an eye, the Fae disappeared along with the bolt.

The three dragons, stunned for a moment, quickly snapped out of their shock and flew towards where Pippen was shot.

They stared at the mark left by the bolt as they searched for any sign of the oracle.

"Master..?" Tenderwing whispered. Liuu could only whine pitifully in the Skydancer's hold.

"PIPPEN!"

The three dragons snapped their heads at the new voice to find Jayna looking horrified at the spot where Pippen was last seen.

"Oh, Jayna... What are you doing out here?" Tiki mumbled, feeling sympathy for the poor Fae.

"My son! That was my son! Where did he go?!" Jayna blabbered as he flew towards the area the oracle was shot and felt around the mark in a desperate attempt to find anything left of him.

"We don't know, Jayna... That's so abnormal.." Tiki placed his tail delicately on the Fae's wings in attempt to comfort him.

"He couldn't have burnt to a tiny crisp, could he..?" Slipper cracked a small smile in an attempt to uplift herself but quickly changed her expression into a frown as she looked back at the mark.

"My son.." Jayna crouched down and placed his head on the mark, whimpering and mumbling to himself.

Slipper placed her wing over Jayna as she crouched next to him, placing her own head next to her mate's.

Tiki could only look at the two in despair before looking over to the oracle's apprentice. The Skydancer held tears in his eyes but was staring off at the Emperor in the distance.

"One of the Emperor's heads has Lightning eyes.. Were they the one who created this storm?" Tenderwing whispered.

Jayna perked his head up to the Skydancer before turning his attention to the large beast in the distance.

"That's who killed my son?" Jayna spoke in a monotone voice.

Tiki quickly saw through the Fae's thoughts. "Jayna, I know you're distressed, but you shouldn't-"

The Imperial couldn't finish his sentence as Jayna shot himself from the ground and towards the Emperor with a shriek.

"Jayna, no!" Tiki snarled, flying off after the Fae.

"I can't lose you too! Get back here you idiot!" Slipper followed the Imperial closely, attempting to outpace him in catching the small dragon.

Tenderwing was left to himself, staring after the three dragons flying in the direction of the Emperor. He turned his direction back to the mark where the bolt struck the ground and continued to stare. His grip on all of his scrolls and Liuu began to loosen, and they all dropped to the ground without the Skydancer reacting with as much as a blink.

"Oh, Arcanist... Help us all."
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
[center] [url=http://espressodragons.tumblr.com/post/138736477431/flight-dividers] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/456c4c8274fbae9edeafc9aefaaea69c/tumblr_inline_o21bm3kZFq1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/url] [columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][nextcol][size=6][i][b]Chapter Four[/b][/i][/size] [center][size=5][i]The Tumizsune[/i][/size][/center][nextcol][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2269324][img]https://i.imgur.com/GkiHK4s.png[/img][/url][/columns][/center] ----- When Pippen woke, he found himself among a beautiful field that was peppered with glorious flowers and the smell of fresh grass. The Fae lifted himself up off of the soft ground and began to hover above the bright-green grass below him. He was relieved to find that wherever he was, his candles went along with him. Scanning the area around him, Pippen decided to move forward in an attempt to figure out his whereabouts and how he had come to this place. He recalled the last thing he remembered was getting struck down by a bolt from the sky, though he couldn't figure out how he was transported to the strange place. The more Pippen traversed the field, the more he began to feel a strange presence. The Oracle had also realized how vast the field was, and how it felt like he wasn't going anywhere. He paused to take a moment and identify the presence he was feeling when he was greeted by a small collection of black particles in front of him. Curiously, Pippen reached out to the collection and watched as it disappeared when his hand got near. Pippen stared at the spot in wonder but grew wary as he began to feel an even stronger presence forming behind him. As he turned, he caught sight of a large black creature that gently floated in front of the Fae. As Pippen took in the sight of the creature, he saw a sense of calming in the creatures face, though the Fae couldn't quite place why he was given that feeling. The creature was of a snake-like shape and had the head of a fox, and was bigger than any Imperial the Fae had ever seen. It had multiple arms that reminded the oracle of The Arcanist and looked like it was made of thick black smoke. Its large green eyes pierced into Pippens through his cover, and he began to hear a voice in his head. "You have called for me." ------ Tenderwing felt time flew by as he stood in front of where his master was struck. The apprentice couldn't move or even speak, as his eyes were glued to the scorched mark on the ground and his thoughts were blank. He began to snap out of his trance as he felt Liuu rub against his arm in an attempt at comfort. The familiar whined and whimpered, sharing the same pain as the Skydancer. A distant roar suddenly caught Tenderwing's attention, and he shifted his gaze over to the source of the noise. [i]That's right... The emperor.[/i] Tenderwing thought in horror, looking at the large beast before him. He watched as his clanmates flew off in the distance towards the emperor. The Skydancer was so distraught by the loss of Pippen that he couldn't quite recall why they were going closer to the emperor. Do they have the intentions of stopping it from coming closer to the clan? The apprentice sighed and turned his attention back to the scorched ground. Liuu hopped into his view with a scroll case in his jaws, and the Skydancer could only blink before the familiar threw it at Tenderwing's face. Tenderwing flinched and caught the case after it bounced off of his nose. "What's wrong with you? Now's not the time to play around." The apprentice grumbled. Liuu refused to listen to the Skydancer, and instead grabbed another scroll case in his mouth and broke into a sprint in the direction of the clan's lair entrance. Tenderwing let out a huff and collected as much of the scroll cases as he could before dashing after the familiar, wary that they might have a fit in the clan due to the loss of their companion. As Tendering flew into the clan's entrance to catch up with the familiar, he found that he was being led into Pippen's chamber. Stopping in the middle of the room, Tenderwing looked over at the familiar who was opening up the scroll case on top of Pippen's desk. "Liuu, what are you doing?" Tenderwing spoke sternly at the familiar, marching over to the kitsune and scooping it up off of his master's desk. The contents of the scroll case spilled out onto the desk as the Skydancer set the familiar down on the floor. As soon as Liuu was let go, the kitsune immediately leaped back up to the desk and pawed at the paper that came from the case. Tenderwing stared at the papers blankly for a moment before admitting defeat to the familiar. "There's an emperor outside and all you want to do is continue Master's work?" Liuu barked and set it's paw down firmly on the paper. "Fine, but can I at least [i]warn[/i] the clan of the impending doom outside?" Tenderwing snapped at the familiar. Liuu narrowed its eyes at the Skydancer, but didn't show any sign of protest to his suggestion. Tenderwing took it as a sign to continue forward with telling the clan the news and took off from his Master's chamber to call a clan meeting. ----- "You must be mistaken," Pippen's candles whispered. "I don't recall summoning a spirit such as yourself." The creature floated around the Oracle for a moment, choosing to pause their movements as it fully circled the Fae to reply. "You asked about me to the stars, you entered my shrine, and you planned on examining my scrolls." The creature blinked. "Ah, so that belonged to you? My apologies if we trespassed." Pippen bowed his head in respects to the creature. "Such a polite one. I'm not angered by you entering my shrine. In fact, I'm quite pleased. It's been so long since your kind has known of my existence. I have been forgotten for so long." "May I inquire you about yourself? I am intrigued by you... I want to learn more." Pippen raised his head to face the creature. "My energy must be spent elsewhere; there is a danger that lurks near. But have faith in me, as I won't let this opportunity go to waste." The creature leaned forward at Pippen and raised one of its hands at the Fae. The moment its claw tips touched the oracle's forehead, Pippen felt himself become heavy. The presence he felt was no longer there, and he felt his ability to see his surroundings grew faint. As he fell to the ground, the creature's voice whispered in his head once more. "I am the Tumizsune. Know my name, and know my purpose. I shall lead you to yours." ----- Liuu sat patiently on the desk of its companion in hopes of his apprentice to return. In the familiar's mind, it knew it's companion wasn't gone. The shock and mourning have been washed clean from the kitsune's mind as it felt the connection it shares with it's Fae companion still within its heart. Liuu only hopes that he will be proud to see his apprentice continuing his work even without any supervision. Its ears perked up as it saw the pink Skydancer fly back into the chamber. His feathers looked more puffed up like he was agitated or annoyed. The way he stomped over to his master's desk only further proved his mood. "I swear, one of these days Berry is just going to die from his anxiety-induced actions. I know that there is an emperor near the clan, but is it really necessary to try to cause a cave-in?" Tenderwing vented. He glanced over at where Liuu stood and then to the paper it had its paws on. Shooing the familiar away so that he could see the paper more clearly, he placed the rest of the scrolls on top of the desk to empty and spill the rest of the papers on the desk. After a few minutes of shuffling and sorting through the papers, Tenderwing lined them up on the desk so that each one could be seen clearly. The Skydancer's eyes scanned through each piece of paper, growing frustrated at the strange language he couldn't understand. "This has to be something ancient. Maybe I should ask an elder? I'm sure the Earth territories would have someone that knows this language.." Tenderwing spoke to himself. The Skydancer's eyes shot open when his eyes glanced over a page that looked strangely like an alphabet, with the letters of the ancient language at the top and a translation into letters of another language at the bottom. "I've seen this before... Wait, that's it!" Tenderwing spun around and opened up a nearby drawer, picking up a tattered book and throwing it onto the desk. The Skydancer caught the eyes of Liuu's curious gaze and gave the familiar a pat on the head. "Master found some old papers a while back that contained this very language right here!" He poked one of his claws at the bottom of the paper. "He managed to translate them into our own language, so if I'm able to translate this, I can understand the papers!" Tenderwing felt his heart swell with pride, only for his feelings to come crashing down as he realized his master wouldn't be able to see the translations for himself. The Skydancer found himself staring blankly at the papers in front of him, with the memories of the time he spent with his master flashing in his mind. He quickly broke out of his thoughts when he heard someone flying into the chamber. "I expected nothing less from an apprentice of mine." Tenderwing shot his head to the entrance to find Pippen hovering close to the ground. "Master! You're alive!" The apprentice felt his eyes grow wet with tears and let out a bark of laughter when Liuu let out a screech in joy. "My apologies if I worried you. It appeared as though our main question has answered themselves for us." Pippen floated over to where the apprentice stood, examining the array of papers on his desk. "What do you mean?" "The bolt that struck me down. It led me to this strange place where I met a being called the Tumizsune. That is all I truly know about it, however with your brilliant findings, I'm sure we'll be able to learn more about it soon." Pippen's candles flickered at the Skydancer. "Thank you Master.." Tenderwing smiled, but quickly gasped and shot his head towards the entrance of the chamber. "Master, the emperor is still out there! Jayna thought you were killed from it, so he flew after him. Slipper and Tiki followed him, but they haven't returned yet!" Pippen let out a hum. "My father can be overly caring about me. I don't blame him for his actions, although it is a foolish one. Come now, perhaps we can subdue the emperor with our magic so that everyone can get back safely." The oracle flew out of the chamber and out of the clan's lair with his apprentice following closely behind him. As Liuu watched the two soar out of the hollows, it gave them a soft bark, quietly wishing them luck. ----- Pippen stopped for a moment to take in the scenery before him. The Oracle was perched on top of a tall tree and felt harsh rains attacking the Fae's skin. He felt a large presence ahead and could only assume it was from the Emperor that laid before him. "Can you see them?!" Tenderwing cried out, flying up next to his master. Pippen scanned the area for a moment before he spotted three smaller presences near the Emperor high in the air. "There." He lifted his head in the direction of the three dragons and shot off from the branch and soared towards the trio. Hearing a loud rustle coming from behind him, he knew Tenderwing was following closely behind him. As the two grew close to the three dragons, they were able to make out their appearances clearer. Tenderwing blinked at the sight of Jayna thrashing and flailing in the hold of Slipper, with Tiki snapping his gaze between the dragons and the Emperor. As the Imperial caught sight of the approaching dragons, he turned frozen in shock. "PIPPEN!" Jayna stopped his attempt at squirming out of Slipper's hold to look at the Imperial for a moment before following his eyes to see the two mages. With Slipper distracted by the same sight, Jayna was able to worm his way out of the Guardian's hold and soared into Pippen, giving him as strong of a hug as he could. "Pippen! Oh my goodness... I'm so glad you're okay..." Jayna whispered, holding his son as tight as he could. "Of course, Father. It would be unusual for a powerful mage such as myself to be taken down by a small bolt of lightning." Pippen's candles flickered loudly in an attempt to be heard in the roaring winds that surrounded them. The pink Fae let out a hiccup in laughter, letting his hold loosen and fly backward to look at his son. As Slipper and Tiki flew closer to the three dragons, Jayna took a moment to look at the Emperor that was drawing near. "I've endangered all of us... I'm sorry. We need to get back to the lair." Jayna's fins drooped in shame as he caught the eyes of his mate. "You're an idiot, Jayna. But, you're a loving idiot!" Slipper pressed a claw on the Fae's head to comfort him. "Yes, let's get as far away from this thing as we can. Please." Tiki's voice wavered as he glanced back at the Emperor behind them. It occurred to Pippen how odd and heroic it was for Tiki to go closer to his fallen kin in an attempt to save Jayna. Judging by how antsy Tiki was being, the Oracle assumed that this was incredibly out of the Imperial's comfort zone. Giving Tiki a nod, Pippen turned around and began to fly in the direction of their clan. However, he soon felt his wings twisting and turning on their own and curled in on himself as he felt the winds around him growing stronger and stronger. "WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" Slipper roared, thrashing about to try to steady herself in the harsh winds. Tiki turned behind him once more to find one of the Emperor heads staring at them with bright green eyes that seemed to pierce through the Imperial's soul, calling out to him in a way that made his skin crawl. "IT'S THE EMPEROR! IT SEES US! IT'S CONTROLLING THE WINDS, WE'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT HOME!" Tiki screamed, flailing about and watching as the four other dragons turned towards the Emperor. Tenderwing flinched as the Emperor flicked its eyes over to the Skydancer, and then over to Pippen. "Arcanist, help us..." Tenderwing cried out weakly. His wings began to give out in fighting the winds, and felt himself be thrown against the winds and could only hear faint roars through the blood rushing in his ears. The apprentice struggled to breathe through the strong winds throwing him about and felt his body lifelessly be tossed around like a leaf. He watched as one of the Emperor's heads opened its jaws, and watched as the head grew closer and closer to the Skydancer. [i]"I'm sorry, Master..."[/i] Tenderwing curled in on himself, bracing for the Emperor's jaws to crush his frail body, but grew anticipated as the impact never came. He felt the winds around him begin to grow quiet and less aggressive, and he peeked his head out from above his wings to find the Emperor with all of its jaws wide open with black smoke beginning to come from one of its heads. Pippen approached his apprentice that hovered in the air and placed one of his hands on the Skydancer's arm. Tenderwing couldn't tear his eyes away from the creature as the black smoke began to spread further down its body and soon covered the Emperor entirely. As the creature let out a shriek of pain from all of its heads, it began to explode into a large cloud of black smoke. As the smoke began to shrink and take a different shape, the five dragons grew closer to each other and anticipated the being that formed from the smoke. Pippen felt at ease as he realized what the smoke was turning into. His candles flickered at his clan mates. "It's okay, we're safe now." The dragons turned to Pippen in surprised, and back to the smoke as it let out a soft growl. As the being took its last seconds of shaping, its eyes opened and Pippen's clan mates flinched at the sight of the bright green eyes that had suddenly appeared from the smoke. "Do not fear me, I am an ally. I am the Tumizsune." Tenderwing visibly relaxed as he heard the name of the creature, remembering what his master had told him earlier about a being he met after being struck by lightning. The Tumizsune took notice of this and glanced over to the Skydancer for a moment before turning his attention to Pippen. "I suppose I owe you an apology. I gave you such a short introduction, but there was work to be done." Tiki blinked at the entity before finding the will to speak. "Were you... the Emperor...?" Tiki breathed. The Tumizsune turned towards the Imperial before shaking its head softly. "No. I merely extinguished it. It fought against me well, and my energy is drained. I don't have much time left to communicate with you all, and for that, I must apologize again." The Tumizsune turned his head to the hill that laid in the distance from the Starwood Strands. "My shrine lays over in the hills there. I have laid dormant for so long, using so little of my energy at a time. Now that I have materialized myself in this world, I feel my shrine reawakened." The Tumizsune closed its eyes and felt the soft winds go through its smokey body. "Reawakened? What does that mean?" Slipper stared at the entity. "I am connected to your kind, ones who volunteered to be my vessels. Holders of the pieces that make up who I am. For so long have they been separated, but the reawakening of the shrine will give them the call to reunite. It will be carried across the winds and reach their ears in time." It opened its eyes and turned back to the dragons and turned its gaze to Tenderwing as he began to speak. "Why did they separate before?" The Skydancer asked. "The vessels are able to fend for themselves. Normally, they didn't need to truly stick together, so in time they drifted apart. However, I feel a new age coming for me. And for that to come, I must ask a favor from you all." "For saving our lives and our clan, we are in debt. Please, tell us how we can help you." Pippen's candles flickered. "Remember me, and spread my name to your kind. For so long have I been forgotten, and I have never felt more lonely. I wish to be remembered and to bring back the days where your kind studied me and built shrines to me. I am a selfish being, for that request is all I ask from you. My Components, those vessels, will reunite to help." The Tumizsune's body began to fade away with the wind, and it turned its head once more in the direction to where its shrine laid. "Everything you'll wish to know about me will be there. The Components built that shrine themselves, and as they are a part of me, they know everything there is to know about me. Farewell, young dragons..." As the Tumizsune faded further from the dragon's sight, Pippen's candles flickered one last time at the being. "I will dedicate myself to you." The Tumizsune respectfully dipped his head at the Fae before disappearing entirely, leaving the five to hover in the air and fully process the encounter. "... I need a nap." Slipper groaned and started making her way back to her clan's lair. Tiki whipped his head back to watch the Guardian fly slowly out of the Imperial's view. "Slipper! Show some respect! How dare you..." Tiki's voice grew fainter and fainter as he chased after the Guardian, leaving Jayna and Tenderwing to look at each other as Pippen stared forward. "I never got to thank them for saving us," Jayna mumbled. "Don't worry Jayna, I'm sure they know you're thankful." Tenderwing put his hand on Jayna's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. The Skydancer turned his attention to his master as Jayna followed his eyes. "Master? Are you alright?" Pippen turned his head towards the two dragons and let his fins lift up in delight. "Yes, I am. I'm happy I could speak to the Tumizsune again, and now I know what happens next. I want to meet these Components and find out as much about the Tumizsune as much as I can. I'm not going to break my promise to them, either." Pippen's candles whispered. Tenderwing nodded at his master before turning back to Jayna. "Go back to the clan, Slipper might be on to something about needing a nap. You must be exhausted after all of that. Master and I will stay behind to take a look at the shrine more thoroughly now that we have the time." Jayna nodded before muttering a 'stay safe' and flying in the direction of home. "Thank you, Tenderwing." The apprentice turned back to his mentor and let his mouth curve into a smile. "So, I know I didn't ask you this beforehand, and I'm sorry about that, but would you like to go back to the Tumizsune's shrine and see if we missed anything?" Pippen nodded, before turning his head back in the direction of his clan. "Yes, though we should probably go back to get Liuu. I'm sure it would like to join us." Remembering how overly dramatic the kitsune gets when it comes to adventuring, Tenderwing let out a laugh and could only agree with the Oracle. "Let's go back to get them, then!" As the two soared across the Starwood Strands, Tenderwing looked to the skies and felt his stomach churn with excitement and glee. [i]"Thank you..."[/i] For a moment, Tenderwing thought he saw a wisp of black in the clouds, but the apprentice shook his head and assumed that he was starting to look into the sun for too long. The two flew to the ground in front of the clan's entrance, and Tenderwing heard his master's candles flicker as he entered the hollow. "A new chapter is unfolding, Tenderwing." The apprentice looked back to Pippen and gave him a confused look. "Change is coming, I can feel it..." Tenderwing blinked as Pippen walked past his apprentice and flew into the clan's lair. He took a moment to think about his master's words before following him into the lair and letting himself be lost in the roars and cheers from his clan mates from the news of the defeated Emperor. --------- "'Clan of the Tumizsune?'" Slipper blinked and looked down at her mate that was curled up in the Guardian's faux neck fur. "Yes! Do you like that name?" "Hmm... Yeah, sure. It beats not having a name, anyway." Slipper shrugged, watching as the movement caused Jayna to lose his balance and fall out of the neck fur. As he fell on his back and looked up at his mate, he felt himself grow embarrassed as she let out a howl of laughter at the Fae's clumsiness. "Oh, get over yourself..." Jayna mumbled, flying back up and burying himself in the neck fur once more. "Not my fault you're a dork." Slipper teased. "Just go to sleep already!" The Fae snapped back. Slipper chuckled at his defensiveness and laid her head on the ground. As she felt herself drifting off, she saw Jayna look out of their den and watch as the small light that was flickering in the hollow below them vanished and left the hollow in complete darkness. [i]Pippen's going to bed early tonight.[/i] Jayna thought. The clan leader thought about how hard his son had been dedicating himself to the entity that had saved his clan mates from an Emperor that emerged from the waters of the Crystalspine Reaches a few days ago. Pippen hasn't been seen much in the lair these days, as he constantly hangs around the shrine waiting for the Tumizsune's 'Components'. Jayna hopes that these beings come by soon, for his son's sake. As the Fae sat in silence, his mind began to think about the other members of his clan. The shocking events of the Emperor's appearance have worn off for the most part, although Jayna still notices the more antsy dragons of his clan be wary about going outside of the hollow. To his surprise, the clan took the news of the Tumizsune quite well and welcomed the idea of the being. They happily went along with spreading the word of the Tumizsune, and often engage conversation with wandering dragons to try to explain to them about the clan's special entity. [i]They need to learn to dial it back a bit...[/i] Jayna thought, remembering the few times in which his clan mates got into scuffles with wandering dragons due to them getting offended or bothered by them trying to speak about the Tumizsune, thinking they were crazy. Nevertheless, Jayna could only feel pride in his clan for the dedication and effort they're putting in to make the name of the Tumizsune known. Jayna felt his eyes drooping and his thoughts becoming lost in a sleepy haze. As Jayna began to feel himself fall asleep, he let his mind create one last thought to himself. [i]"I hope... Wherever you are, you're proud of us."[/i]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Chapter Four
The Tumizsune
GkiHK4s.png

When Pippen woke, he found himself among a beautiful field that was peppered with glorious flowers and the smell of fresh grass. The Fae lifted himself up off of the soft ground and began to hover above the bright-green grass below him. He was relieved to find that wherever he was, his candles went along with him.

Scanning the area around him, Pippen decided to move forward in an attempt to figure out his whereabouts and how he had come to this place. He recalled the last thing he remembered was getting struck down by a bolt from the sky, though he couldn't figure out how he was transported to the strange place.

The more Pippen traversed the field, the more he began to feel a strange presence. The Oracle had also realized how vast the field was, and how it felt like he wasn't going anywhere.

He paused to take a moment and identify the presence he was feeling when he was greeted by a small collection of black particles in front of him. Curiously, Pippen reached out to the collection and watched as it disappeared when his hand got near.

Pippen stared at the spot in wonder but grew wary as he began to feel an even stronger presence forming behind him. As he turned, he caught sight of a large black creature that gently floated in front of the Fae.

As Pippen took in the sight of the creature, he saw a sense of calming in the creatures face, though the Fae couldn't quite place why he was given that feeling.

The creature was of a snake-like shape and had the head of a fox, and was bigger than any Imperial the Fae had ever seen. It had multiple arms that reminded the oracle of The Arcanist and looked like it was made of thick black smoke. Its large green eyes pierced into Pippens through his cover, and he began to hear a voice in his head.

"You have called for me."

Tenderwing felt time flew by as he stood in front of where his master was struck. The apprentice couldn't move or even speak, as his eyes were glued to the scorched mark on the ground and his thoughts were blank.

He began to snap out of his trance as he felt Liuu rub against his arm in an attempt at comfort. The familiar whined and whimpered, sharing the same pain as the Skydancer.

A distant roar suddenly caught Tenderwing's attention, and he shifted his gaze over to the source of the noise.

That's right... The emperor. Tenderwing thought in horror, looking at the large beast before him. He watched as his clanmates flew off in the distance towards the emperor. The Skydancer was so distraught by the loss of Pippen that he couldn't quite recall why they were going closer to the emperor. Do they have the intentions of stopping it from coming closer to the clan?

The apprentice sighed and turned his attention back to the scorched ground. Liuu hopped into his view with a scroll case in his jaws, and the Skydancer could only blink before the familiar threw it at Tenderwing's face.

Tenderwing flinched and caught the case after it bounced off of his nose. "What's wrong with you? Now's not the time to play around." The apprentice grumbled.

Liuu refused to listen to the Skydancer, and instead grabbed another scroll case in his mouth and broke into a sprint in the direction of the clan's lair entrance.

Tenderwing let out a huff and collected as much of the scroll cases as he could before dashing after the familiar, wary that they might have a fit in the clan due to the loss of their companion.

As Tendering flew into the clan's entrance to catch up with the familiar, he found that he was being led into Pippen's chamber. Stopping in the middle of the room, Tenderwing looked over at the familiar who was opening up the scroll case on top of Pippen's desk.

"Liuu, what are you doing?" Tenderwing spoke sternly at the familiar, marching over to the kitsune and scooping it up off of his master's desk.

The contents of the scroll case spilled out onto the desk as the Skydancer set the familiar down on the floor. As soon as Liuu was let go, the kitsune immediately leaped back up to the desk and pawed at the paper that came from the case.

Tenderwing stared at the papers blankly for a moment before admitting defeat to the familiar.

"There's an emperor outside and all you want to do is continue Master's work?"

Liuu barked and set it's paw down firmly on the paper.

"Fine, but can I at least warn the clan of the impending doom outside?" Tenderwing snapped at the familiar.

Liuu narrowed its eyes at the Skydancer, but didn't show any sign of protest to his suggestion. Tenderwing took it as a sign to continue forward with telling the clan the news and took off from his Master's chamber to call a clan meeting.

"You must be mistaken," Pippen's candles whispered. "I don't recall summoning a spirit such as yourself."

The creature floated around the Oracle for a moment, choosing to pause their movements as it fully circled the Fae to reply.

"You asked about me to the stars, you entered my shrine, and you planned on examining my scrolls." The creature blinked.

"Ah, so that belonged to you? My apologies if we trespassed." Pippen bowed his head in respects to the creature.

"Such a polite one. I'm not angered by you entering my shrine. In fact, I'm quite pleased. It's been so long since your kind has known of my existence. I have been forgotten for so long."

"May I inquire you about yourself? I am intrigued by you... I want to learn more." Pippen raised his head to face the creature.

"My energy must be spent elsewhere; there is a danger that lurks near. But have faith in me, as I won't let this opportunity go to waste." The creature leaned forward at Pippen and raised one of its hands at the Fae.

The moment its claw tips touched the oracle's forehead, Pippen felt himself become heavy. The presence he felt was no longer there, and he felt his ability to see his surroundings grew faint. As he fell to the ground, the creature's voice whispered in his head once more.

"I am the Tumizsune. Know my name, and know my purpose. I shall lead you to yours."

Liuu sat patiently on the desk of its companion in hopes of his apprentice to return. In the familiar's mind, it knew it's companion wasn't gone. The shock and mourning have been washed clean from the kitsune's mind as it felt the connection it shares with it's Fae companion still within its heart. Liuu only hopes that he will be proud to see his apprentice continuing his work even without any supervision.

Its ears perked up as it saw the pink Skydancer fly back into the chamber. His feathers looked more puffed up like he was agitated or annoyed. The way he stomped over to his master's desk only further proved his mood.

"I swear, one of these days Berry is just going to die from his anxiety-induced actions. I know that there is an emperor near the clan, but is it really necessary to try to cause a cave-in?" Tenderwing vented.

He glanced over at where Liuu stood and then to the paper it had its paws on. Shooing the familiar away so that he could see the paper more clearly, he placed the rest of the scrolls on top of the desk to empty and spill the rest of the papers on the desk.

After a few minutes of shuffling and sorting through the papers, Tenderwing lined them up on the desk so that each one could be seen clearly. The Skydancer's eyes scanned through each piece of paper, growing frustrated at the strange language he couldn't understand.

"This has to be something ancient. Maybe I should ask an elder? I'm sure the Earth territories would have someone that knows this language.." Tenderwing spoke to himself.

The Skydancer's eyes shot open when his eyes glanced over a page that looked strangely like an alphabet, with the letters of the ancient language at the top and a translation into letters of another language at the bottom.

"I've seen this before... Wait, that's it!" Tenderwing spun around and opened up a nearby drawer, picking up a tattered book and throwing it onto the desk.

The Skydancer caught the eyes of Liuu's curious gaze and gave the familiar a pat on the head.

"Master found some old papers a while back that contained this very language right here!" He poked one of his claws at the bottom of the paper.

"He managed to translate them into our own language, so if I'm able to translate this, I can understand the papers!" Tenderwing felt his heart swell with pride, only for his feelings to come crashing down as he realized his master wouldn't be able to see the translations for himself.

The Skydancer found himself staring blankly at the papers in front of him, with the memories of the time he spent with his master flashing in his mind. He quickly broke out of his thoughts when he heard someone flying into the chamber.

"I expected nothing less from an apprentice of mine."

Tenderwing shot his head to the entrance to find Pippen hovering close to the ground.

"Master! You're alive!" The apprentice felt his eyes grow wet with tears and let out a bark of laughter when Liuu let out a screech in joy.

"My apologies if I worried you. It appeared as though our main question has answered themselves for us." Pippen floated over to where the apprentice stood, examining the array of papers on his desk.

"What do you mean?"

"The bolt that struck me down. It led me to this strange place where I met a being called the Tumizsune. That is all I truly know about it, however with your brilliant findings, I'm sure we'll be able to learn more about it soon." Pippen's candles flickered at the Skydancer.

"Thank you Master.." Tenderwing smiled, but quickly gasped and shot his head towards the entrance of the chamber. "Master, the emperor is still out there! Jayna thought you were killed from it, so he flew after him. Slipper and Tiki followed him, but they haven't returned yet!"

Pippen let out a hum. "My father can be overly caring about me. I don't blame him for his actions, although it is a foolish one. Come now, perhaps we can subdue the emperor with our magic so that everyone can get back safely." The oracle flew out of the chamber and out of the clan's lair with his apprentice following closely behind him. As Liuu watched the two soar out of the hollows, it gave them a soft bark, quietly wishing them luck.

Pippen stopped for a moment to take in the scenery before him.

The Oracle was perched on top of a tall tree and felt harsh rains attacking the Fae's skin. He felt a large presence ahead and could only assume it was from the Emperor that laid before him.

"Can you see them?!" Tenderwing cried out, flying up next to his master.

Pippen scanned the area for a moment before he spotted three smaller presences near the Emperor high in the air.

"There." He lifted his head in the direction of the three dragons and shot off from the branch and soared towards the trio. Hearing a loud rustle coming from behind him, he knew Tenderwing was following closely behind him.

As the two grew close to the three dragons, they were able to make out their appearances clearer. Tenderwing blinked at the sight of Jayna thrashing and flailing in the hold of Slipper, with Tiki snapping his gaze between the dragons and the Emperor. As the Imperial caught sight of the approaching dragons, he turned frozen in shock.

"PIPPEN!"

Jayna stopped his attempt at squirming out of Slipper's hold to look at the Imperial for a moment before following his eyes to see the two mages. With Slipper distracted by the same sight, Jayna was able to worm his way out of the Guardian's hold and soared into Pippen, giving him as strong of a hug as he could.

"Pippen! Oh my goodness... I'm so glad you're okay..." Jayna whispered, holding his son as tight as he could.

"Of course, Father. It would be unusual for a powerful mage such as myself to be taken down by a small bolt of lightning." Pippen's candles flickered loudly in an attempt to be heard in the roaring winds that surrounded them.

The pink Fae let out a hiccup in laughter, letting his hold loosen and fly backward to look at his son. As Slipper and Tiki flew closer to the three dragons, Jayna took a moment to look at the Emperor that was drawing near.

"I've endangered all of us... I'm sorry. We need to get back to the lair." Jayna's fins drooped in shame as he caught the eyes of his mate.

"You're an idiot, Jayna. But, you're a loving idiot!" Slipper pressed a claw on the Fae's head to comfort him.

"Yes, let's get as far away from this thing as we can. Please." Tiki's voice wavered as he glanced back at the Emperor behind them.

It occurred to Pippen how odd and heroic it was for Tiki to go closer to his fallen kin in an attempt to save Jayna. Judging by how antsy Tiki was being, the Oracle assumed that this was incredibly out of the Imperial's comfort zone.

Giving Tiki a nod, Pippen turned around and began to fly in the direction of their clan. However, he soon felt his wings twisting and turning on their own and curled in on himself as he felt the winds around him growing stronger and stronger.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" Slipper roared, thrashing about to try to steady herself in the harsh winds.

Tiki turned behind him once more to find one of the Emperor heads staring at them with bright green eyes that seemed to pierce through the Imperial's soul, calling out to him in a way that made his skin crawl.

"IT'S THE EMPEROR! IT SEES US! IT'S CONTROLLING THE WINDS, WE'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT HOME!" Tiki screamed, flailing about and watching as the four other dragons turned towards the Emperor.

Tenderwing flinched as the Emperor flicked its eyes over to the Skydancer, and then over to Pippen.

"Arcanist, help us..." Tenderwing cried out weakly. His wings began to give out in fighting the winds, and felt himself be thrown against the winds and could only hear faint roars through the blood rushing in his ears.

The apprentice struggled to breathe through the strong winds throwing him about and felt his body lifelessly be tossed around like a leaf. He watched as one of the Emperor's heads opened its jaws, and watched as the head grew closer and closer to the Skydancer.

"I'm sorry, Master..."

Tenderwing curled in on himself, bracing for the Emperor's jaws to crush his frail body, but grew anticipated as the impact never came. He felt the winds around him begin to grow quiet and less aggressive, and he peeked his head out from above his wings to find the Emperor with all of its jaws wide open with black smoke beginning to come from one of its heads.

Pippen approached his apprentice that hovered in the air and placed one of his hands on the Skydancer's arm. Tenderwing couldn't tear his eyes away from the creature as the black smoke began to spread further down its body and soon covered the Emperor entirely.

As the creature let out a shriek of pain from all of its heads, it began to explode into a large cloud of black smoke. As the smoke began to shrink and take a different shape, the five dragons grew closer to each other and anticipated the being that formed from the smoke.

Pippen felt at ease as he realized what the smoke was turning into. His candles flickered at his clan mates.

"It's okay, we're safe now."

The dragons turned to Pippen in surprised, and back to the smoke as it let out a soft growl.

As the being took its last seconds of shaping, its eyes opened and Pippen's clan mates flinched at the sight of the bright green eyes that had suddenly appeared from the smoke.

"Do not fear me, I am an ally. I am the Tumizsune."

Tenderwing visibly relaxed as he heard the name of the creature, remembering what his master had told him earlier about a being he met after being struck by lightning.

The Tumizsune took notice of this and glanced over to the Skydancer for a moment before turning his attention to Pippen.

"I suppose I owe you an apology. I gave you such a short introduction, but there was work to be done."

Tiki blinked at the entity before finding the will to speak.

"Were you... the Emperor...?" Tiki breathed.

The Tumizsune turned towards the Imperial before shaking its head softly.

"No. I merely extinguished it. It fought against me well, and my energy is drained. I don't have much time left to communicate with you all, and for that, I must apologize again."

The Tumizsune turned his head to the hill that laid in the distance from the Starwood Strands.

"My shrine lays over in the hills there. I have laid dormant for so long, using so little of my energy at a time. Now that I have materialized myself in this world, I feel my shrine reawakened." The Tumizsune closed its eyes and felt the soft winds go through its smokey body.

"Reawakened? What does that mean?" Slipper stared at the entity.

"I am connected to your kind, ones who volunteered to be my vessels. Holders of the pieces that make up who I am. For so long have they been separated, but the reawakening of the shrine will give them the call to reunite. It will be carried across the winds and reach their ears in time." It opened its eyes and turned back to the dragons and turned its gaze to Tenderwing as he began to speak.

"Why did they separate before?" The Skydancer asked.

"The vessels are able to fend for themselves. Normally, they didn't need to truly stick together, so in time they drifted apart. However, I feel a new age coming for me. And for that to come, I must ask a favor from you all."

"For saving our lives and our clan, we are in debt. Please, tell us how we can help you." Pippen's candles flickered.

"Remember me, and spread my name to your kind. For so long have I been forgotten, and I have never felt more lonely. I wish to be remembered and to bring back the days where your kind studied me and built shrines to me. I am a selfish being, for that request is all I ask from you. My Components, those vessels, will reunite to help." The Tumizsune's body began to fade away with the wind, and it turned its head once more in the direction to where its shrine laid.

"Everything you'll wish to know about me will be there. The Components built that shrine themselves, and as they are a part of me, they know everything there is to know about me. Farewell, young dragons..."

As the Tumizsune faded further from the dragon's sight, Pippen's candles flickered one last time at the being.

"I will dedicate myself to you."

The Tumizsune respectfully dipped his head at the Fae before disappearing entirely, leaving the five to hover in the air and fully process the encounter.

"... I need a nap." Slipper groaned and started making her way back to her clan's lair.

Tiki whipped his head back to watch the Guardian fly slowly out of the Imperial's view.

"Slipper! Show some respect! How dare you..." Tiki's voice grew fainter and fainter as he chased after the Guardian, leaving Jayna and Tenderwing to look at each other as Pippen stared forward.

"I never got to thank them for saving us," Jayna mumbled.

"Don't worry Jayna, I'm sure they know you're thankful." Tenderwing put his hand on Jayna's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. The Skydancer turned his attention to his master as Jayna followed his eyes.

"Master? Are you alright?"

Pippen turned his head towards the two dragons and let his fins lift up in delight.

"Yes, I am. I'm happy I could speak to the Tumizsune again, and now I know what happens next. I want to meet these Components and find out as much about the Tumizsune as much as I can. I'm not going to break my promise to them, either." Pippen's candles whispered.

Tenderwing nodded at his master before turning back to Jayna.

"Go back to the clan, Slipper might be on to something about needing a nap. You must be exhausted after all of that. Master and I will stay behind to take a look at the shrine more thoroughly now that we have the time."

Jayna nodded before muttering a 'stay safe' and flying in the direction of home.

"Thank you, Tenderwing."

The apprentice turned back to his mentor and let his mouth curve into a smile.

"So, I know I didn't ask you this beforehand, and I'm sorry about that, but would you like to go back to the Tumizsune's shrine and see if we missed anything?"

Pippen nodded, before turning his head back in the direction of his clan. "Yes, though we should probably go back to get Liuu. I'm sure it would like to join us."

Remembering how overly dramatic the kitsune gets when it comes to adventuring, Tenderwing let out a laugh and could only agree with the Oracle. "Let's go back to get them, then!"

As the two soared across the Starwood Strands, Tenderwing looked to the skies and felt his stomach churn with excitement and glee.

"Thank you..."

For a moment, Tenderwing thought he saw a wisp of black in the clouds, but the apprentice shook his head and assumed that he was starting to look into the sun for too long.

The two flew to the ground in front of the clan's entrance, and Tenderwing heard his master's candles flicker as he entered the hollow.

"A new chapter is unfolding, Tenderwing."

The apprentice looked back to Pippen and gave him a confused look.

"Change is coming, I can feel it..."

Tenderwing blinked as Pippen walked past his apprentice and flew into the clan's lair. He took a moment to think about his master's words before following him into the lair and letting himself be lost in the roars and cheers from his clan mates from the news of the defeated Emperor.

"'Clan of the Tumizsune?'" Slipper blinked and looked down at her mate that was curled up in the Guardian's faux neck fur.

"Yes! Do you like that name?"

"Hmm... Yeah, sure. It beats not having a name, anyway." Slipper shrugged, watching as the movement caused Jayna to lose his balance and fall out of the neck fur. As he fell on his back and looked up at his mate, he felt himself grow embarrassed as she let out a howl of laughter at the Fae's clumsiness.

"Oh, get over yourself..." Jayna mumbled, flying back up and burying himself in the neck fur once more.

"Not my fault you're a dork." Slipper teased.

"Just go to sleep already!" The Fae snapped back. Slipper chuckled at his defensiveness and laid her head on the ground. As she felt herself drifting off, she saw Jayna look out of their den and watch as the small light that was flickering in the hollow below them vanished and left the hollow in complete darkness.

Pippen's going to bed early tonight. Jayna thought.

The clan leader thought about how hard his son had been dedicating himself to the entity that had saved his clan mates from an Emperor that emerged from the waters of the Crystalspine Reaches a few days ago. Pippen hasn't been seen much in the lair these days, as he constantly hangs around the shrine waiting for the Tumizsune's 'Components'.

Jayna hopes that these beings come by soon, for his son's sake.

As the Fae sat in silence, his mind began to think about the other members of his clan.

The shocking events of the Emperor's appearance have worn off for the most part, although Jayna still notices the more antsy dragons of his clan be wary about going outside of the hollow.

To his surprise, the clan took the news of the Tumizsune quite well and welcomed the idea of the being. They happily went along with spreading the word of the Tumizsune, and often engage conversation with wandering dragons to try to explain to them about the clan's special entity.

They need to learn to dial it back a bit... Jayna thought, remembering the few times in which his clan mates got into scuffles with wandering dragons due to them getting offended or bothered by them trying to speak about the Tumizsune, thinking they were crazy.

Nevertheless, Jayna could only feel pride in his clan for the dedication and effort they're putting in to make the name of the Tumizsune known.

Jayna felt his eyes drooping and his thoughts becoming lost in a sleepy haze. As Jayna began to feel himself fall asleep, he let his mind create one last thought to himself.

"I hope... Wherever you are, you're proud of us."
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
[center][size=1][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2525034/1]back to top[/url][/size] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/456c4c8274fbae9edeafc9aefaaea69c/tumblr_inline_o21bm3kZFq1r3lvtf_400.png[/img] [size=6][i][b]Pink Glitters In The Dark[/b][/i][/size] [/center] ----------------------------------------- A small pink Fae was perched high above the ground on top of a small branch. Despite it being daytime, the Fae couldn't help her curiosity as to how she would traverse the forest without the comfort of the tree's flowers giving her camouflage. She fluttered down from her branch to the ground below and took in the sights of the bare trees. The Fae had never really seen what the Strands were like during the day, as she slept all through the time of the sun. Although the Fae's heart was pounding in her chest due to her vulnerability, she found comfort in the sun's warm rays shining down on her. The nights were sometimes very cold, so she really liked the change in temperature. As the Fae closed her eyes and relaxed under the sun's rays, she began to reconsider only coming out at night. Perhaps the daytime wasn't so bad after all? Her eyes shot open as she began to feel colder. The Fae looked down at the ground to find she was no longer under the sun's rays, and a large shadow was formed beneath her. The Fae turned around and screamed at the sight that held before her. A large Imperial that was hidden under a cloak bared its fangs at the Fae. As the Fae shot up off the ground and was flying away, she flew into an invisible wall. Falling only a short distance, the Fae was confused and panicked. She began to fly in all directions but kept hitting that same wall. As she stopped and began to examine her predicament more closely, she realized that she was trapped in a glass lantern. The Fae watched as the Imperial picked up the lantern and dragged it towards a dark part of the Strands. Even when the sun was out, the light didn't seem to want to touch that area. The Fae could only watch with despair as the sun's rays that were comforting her so recently ago were now stolen from her, and darkness was the one to greet the Fae in its place. ------ The Fae opened her eyes to more confusion and panic. Although she remembered quite well of her kidnapping, she didn't quite recall falling asleep. As she jolted herself up, she found herself still in the glass lantern. She tried to look around, but couldn't see through the harsh dark of her surroundings. The Fae hung her head in shame. She blamed herself for wanting to go out in the daytime, and that because of her idiotic curiosity she would now die or suffer a worse fate. As minutes passed, the Fae felt the darkness growing heavier. She turned and saw the Imperial once more. Feeling as though her death was near, the Fae didn't try to fight or fly away when the Imperial opened the lid to the lantern and lowered one of its claws down to the Fae. To the Fae's surprise, the claw gently rested on the Fae's head. It began to move back and forth softly, in a petting motion at the Fae's head. Although the Fae felt she was being put into a false sense of security, she couldn't help but give in to the lovely feeling of a head-scratch. Carefully, the Imperial grabbed the Fae out of her lantern and held her in his palm. The Fae, fearing that if she flew away she would get attacked, stayed perfectly still on the Imperial's paw. The Imperial reached over to the table in front of him and picked out a small piece of hardened honey, and placed it on his paw next to the Fae. He watched as the Fae picked it up with curiosity, and took hidden delight in her little chirps as she gave it a lick and enjoyed the sweet taste. Making sure the Fae was still holding the hardened honey, the Imperial picked up the Fae and gently placed her back into her lantern. He closed the lid and let the Fae happily enjoy her snack. ----------------------------------------- The Fae slept soundly in her little lantern, glowing a bright pink and illuminating her surroundings. Only tiny little crumbs of her hardened honey remained, as the Fae had a big appetite after her capture. She began to wake as she felt footsteps growing louder. The small dragon lifted her head to find the Imperial running towards her and shot up from her resting spot in fear of an attack. Instead, the Imperial grabbed a nearby cloth and threw it onto the lantern, shrouding the Fae in complete darkness aside from the faint glow her body gave off. She felt the lantern being lifted for a brief moment before being put back down, presumably on a lower platform than the table. The Fae suspected that she was put onto the floor. A few moments of silence went by before the Fae heard a voice. "Kang! Where are you?" The Imperial let out a sigh but didn't respond to the voice. Instead, he let the source walk into the den he was in before he spoke. "Hello, Vasta. I'm just in here, is something wrong?" The Imperial, named Kang the Fae noted, spoke calmly, despite being in a desperate rush to cover up the Fae a moment prior. "Hmph. I was just wondering what you were up to. What do you have under that cloth, there?" The Fae felt chills run down her spine as she sunk herself into the bottom of the lantern, trying to make herself as small and hidden as possible. "It's just a lantern to help illuminate while I work. I found a special light that doesn't hurt me, you see. And yet... It still bothers me sometimes, so I have to put a cloth on it every now and then." Kang took a steady breath as he explained firmly to the strange voice. "Ha! Now you're afraid of the light? You went out in broad daylight not too long ago! I'm guessing you got burned and have learned your lesson?" Vasta snickered. "Something like that... I thought the trees would be enough, but some sunlight still got through." Kang mumbled. Vasta let out a roar of laughter, making the Fae inside the lantern want to cover her ears. She wasn't sure why it gave her such an eerie feeling, but the Fae didn't like this "Vasta". It all screamed 'threat' to her in her mind. "Typical! You bonehead, never learning the easy way! Always the hard way! But of course, I bet you like hurting yourself huh? Crazy cult freak you were!" Vasta continued to laugh. Kang let out a huff as he let the dragon amuse herself at his expense. He couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth at the 'jokes' Vasta was making, as it meant her mind was taken off of the lantern. "Well, if you ever want to go back out there into the daylight, feel free! Oh, but make sure I'm able to watch! I'm sure it'd be hilarious. Anywho, if you need me I'll be off getting food. I've been hearing some campfire songs for a while now, and I think some happy hatchlings are on a little field trip.." Vasta cackled. "Their final destination will be our stomachs, I presume?" Kang spoke in a monotone voice, and the Fae could only imagine his deadpan expression. "Exactly! Aha! I'll bring you back some scraps, bye bye!" With a little hair raising giggle, the Fae heard a 'woosh' and watched as the cloth swayed as though she took off and flew out of the den. Kang stood still for a few moments before exhaling loudly and taking the cloth off the lantern. The Fae let out a squeak as the lantern was swiftly taken up from off of the ground and back on to the table. The Imperial opened the lid of the lantern and scooped the Fae up into his claws, using his other paw to open the table's drawer and pick up a crumb of hardened honey and gave it to the small dragon. "Don't let Vasta see you," Kang growled, placing the Fae back into the lantern and closing the lid. The pink creature blinked, watching as the Imperial shrouded her surroundings in darkness once more and heard the Imperial storm out of the den. The Fae glanced at the hardened honey in her hands as she began to think about the two dragon's interaction. "Anywho, if you need me I'll be off getting food. I've been hearing some campfire songs for a while now, and I think some happy hatchlings are on a little field trip.." The Fae felt her blood run cold as she realized the insinuation of Vasta's words. [i]"They eat dragons.."[/i] The Fae hugged her hardened honey as she curled up in the corner of the lantern, not having the appetite to eat as she contemplated her fate. [i]"Will Kang keep me safe, or will he eat me too...?"[/i] "Breep.." The Fae whimpered. ----------------------------------------------- Unbeknownst to the two dragons was a Skydancer who first watched the Fae be captured by the Imperial. This Skydancer was stalking the Fae in an attempt to capture and kill her so that the Skydancer could use his magic and turn the Fae into a lifeless doll of herself that he would use as a servant. Intimidated by the fearsome Imperial, the Skydancer fled into his home and brainstormed a plan to capture the Fae. In his shack were various books and candles to illuminate the dim building, and the Skydancer was sitting hunched over his desk as he scribbled ideas with his quill in his book in haste. The Skydancer let out a huff as he was at a loss for ideas, and put down his quill for a moment to rest his hand. The necromancer took comfort in the silence, letting it soothe his mind and encourage him to think more thoroughly. The silence that the necromancer indulged in was soon replaced with a soft hum that emanated from outside of his home. Curious, the Skydancer left his desk and peeked out the window to find a happy Tundra trotting nearby his shack. As the Skydancer watched the Tundra, an idea formed in his mind. He grabbed a nearby dagger and tucked it into his cloak, rushing outside of his shack to approach the Tundra. "Hello there!" The Tundra turned to see the Skydancer eerily smiling at the singing dragon. "Greetings!" The Tundra smiled back, looking into the Skydancer's eyes and smile wavering slightly. "Mind if I ask for your assistance in something?" The Skydancer put his hands together and tilted his head at the Tundra, looking more sheepish and innocent. "Sure thing! What can I do for ya...?" The Tundra looked at the Skydancer in his silent question that hung in the air. "Nikolaos! My name is Nikolaos." "What can I do for ya, Nikolaos!" Nikolaos chuckled at the Tundra's enthusiasm and turned his head towards the shack that laid behind the two dragons. "I'm having some trouble.." Nikolaos paused a moment to think. "I'm having some trouble with my book collection. I just need a second hand to help me organize everything really quick, as I don't have much time to organize it as I have work to do." The Tundra looked skeptical for a moment before deciding to give the Skydancer the benefit of the doubt. "Alright! As long as I get to read a few books." The Tundra smiled, prancing over to the shack. "Excellent.." Nikolaos chuckled to himself, chasing after the Tundra and taking the dagger out from his cloak. As the Tundra opened the door to the shack, he paused to turn his head and talk to the Skydancer. "By the way! I think I forgot to mention, my names Ma-" The Tundra couldn't finish his sentence as he interrupted himself with his own cry that split from his throat as Nikolaos sank his dagger deep into the Tundra's chest. As the life drained from the Tundra's eyes, Nikolaos grabbed his body and threw him to the floor of the shack. He slammed the door closed and began to place candles around the body. After he finished placing the candles, he stood in front of the dragon's body and started to chant a foreign language and raised his hands at the body. After a few moments, the body began to rise and lift itself up from off of the floor. Its eyes were white and glossy that stared deep into Nikolaos's soul as if its previous owner was shaming the Skydancer for his actions. Nikolaos felt his mouth form a smirk as the hint of defiance the body contained within it. The Skydancer took the dagger out from the body's chest and handed it to the vessel, looking at it in the eyes to show his lack of intimidation. The body stared for a moment before submitting defeat and took the dagger, looking down at it in faint confusion. "There is an Imperial that lives in a den just west of here. In his den is a little pink Fae trapped inside of a lantern. You are to fetch that lantern with the Fae inside and bring it to me. Use the dagger if you need to, but try to be as stealthy as possible." Nikolaos commanded. The body stared at the Skydancer as he stepped out of its way and let it step outside of the shack and walk lifelessly in the direction of the den. Nikolaos smiled as he watched the body stumble through the woods and couldn't help but think of the little Fae in its place. ----------------------------------------------- Kang was laying in the bed of his den, letting the warm pink glow of his lantern fill the room. He admired the Fae's strange ability to glow but felt a stone in his heart as he thought about the Fae's position. His eyes flicked over to the source of the glow and frowned. [i]"I trapped her in a place where she's constantly in danger.."[/i] Kang thought, tossing himself so that he was facing away from the lantern. [i]"She'll suffer a slow demise with Vasta around."[/i] Kang shut his eyes and curled up more in his bed, trying to shut out his guilty thoughts. His eyes shot wide open as he heard light footsteps approaching his den. The Imperial shot up and dashed towards the table, throwing the cloth on top of the lantern as quick as he could. As he shot his head towards the source of the footsteps, he felt a mixed sense of relief and confusion of the figure he saw approaching his den. It was a Tundra dragon, but its movements seemed off. It fumbled closer to the Imperial, holding a bloodied dagger in its hands, and its eyes were blank and emotionless. Kang's whiskers twitched as the Tundra stepped closer to the dragon, and Kang let out a chuckle as he began to detect dark magic coming from the Tundra. [i]"It's a puppet... How cute."[/i] Kang stood motionless as it let the body step closer and closer to the Imperial. He wasn't sure why he let the body continue, but perhaps it was the amusement as its pathetic attempts to presumably assassinate him. What Kang didn't expect was the Tundra to glance over at the table and take notice of a faint pink glow peeking out of the lantern that was half covered with a cloth. The Tundra shot towards the lantern and began to thrust its dagger at the lantern. Kang slapped the Tundra's legs with his tail, making the body trip over and fall on its face before it could reach the lantern. The Imperial stepped on top of the body and held it down by the neck, letting himself catch his breath in an attempt to calm his heart. "It was after the Fae..? Why?" Kang thought out loud to himself. He stared at the body for a moment before placing his hand on top of the Tundra's head. [i]"It's a simple puppet. Which means its master was after her and sent this thing to try to get her without any repercussions."[/i] Kang let out a chuckle and took a glance at the Fae in the lantern, who was now wide awake and was watching in shock. The Imperial stepped off the body and picked it up from the neck, staring into its blank glossy eyes. "I'm not the one you want to kill, am I?" Kang's voice echoed through the walls of the den. The body blinked and shook its head softly. Kang put the body down and he took the dagger from off the ground and handed it to the body. "What are you waiting for then?" Kang smiled. The body took the dagger into its hands once more and stumbled out of the den, walking back in the direction it came from. Kang glanced over at the lantern once more and let out a sigh. He opened up the lid and scooped the Fae up into his claws. The Fae stared deep into the Imperial's eyes, though it didn't show the emotions he thought the Fae would be giving off. It showed gratefulness. As if the Imperial's heart wanted to take a few more hits, he felt it skip a beat and all of his guilty thoughts came swarming into his mind. Kang placed the Fae on to the table and the Fae looked at him with confusion. "What's your name?" The Fae blinked, letting out a small chirp in response before giving him an answer. "Iris." Kang nodded in acknowledgment and looked out to the entrance of the den before looking back to the Fae. "Go, Iris." Iris flinched in surprise at the Imperial's words. "It's not safe for you here. Go, while you still can." With that, Kang walked away from the table towards his bed and flopped his body down onto it. He didn't want to watch as the Fae fluttered out of the den, he didn't watch as the Fae took one final glance at the Imperial, and he didn't watch the words the Fae silently spoke. "Thank you." ----------------------------------------------- Kang stood outside in the Starwood Strands, glancing up at the stars and watching as the trees began to blossom with their beautiful blues and purples. The Imperial watched as several blossoms were blown out from their branches and fell to the ground, finding peace in the soft sounds of swaying trees. As his eyes followed one blossom that was plucked off the tree from the wind, he noticed how it began to float down to the Imperial. He watched as the blossom drifted and glided along with the wind until it was gently placed upon the Imperial's nose. Kang shook his head, causing the blossom to fall off of his face and fall onto the ground. As he watched its final moments in the air, he heard faint giggling that came from the blossom. Crouching down to inspect it, Kang watched as a little pink Fae emerged from the blossom and flew back up towards the trees. Again, a blossom was plucked from the trees and began to float gently towards the Imperial's nose. Instead of shaking it off, Kang left it there and watched as Iris popped out of the blossom's petals and gave the Imperial a smile. After a few moments, Iris hid back into the blossom and took flight once more, flying off to what Kang presumed to be her home in the trees. For a moment, Kang wasn't a being of darkness, nor was he a fallen dragon banished from his place as a Demigod. He was a regular dragon, with perhaps a new friend.
Pink Glitters In The Dark

A small pink Fae was perched high above the ground on top of a small branch. Despite it being daytime, the Fae couldn't help her curiosity as to how she would traverse the forest without the comfort of the tree's flowers giving her camouflage.

She fluttered down from her branch to the ground below and took in the sights of the bare trees. The Fae had never really seen what the Strands were like during the day, as she slept all through the time of the sun.

Although the Fae's heart was pounding in her chest due to her vulnerability, she found comfort in the sun's warm rays shining down on her. The nights were sometimes very cold, so she really liked the change in temperature.

As the Fae closed her eyes and relaxed under the sun's rays, she began to reconsider only coming out at night. Perhaps the daytime wasn't so bad after all?

Her eyes shot open as she began to feel colder. The Fae looked down at the ground to find she was no longer under the sun's rays, and a large shadow was formed beneath her. The Fae turned around and screamed at the sight that held before her.

A large Imperial that was hidden under a cloak bared its fangs at the Fae. As the Fae shot up off the ground and was flying away, she flew into an invisible wall. Falling only a short distance, the Fae was confused and panicked. She began to fly in all directions but kept hitting that same wall. As she stopped and began to examine her predicament more closely, she realized that she was trapped in a glass lantern.

The Fae watched as the Imperial picked up the lantern and dragged it towards a dark part of the Strands. Even when the sun was out, the light didn't seem to want to touch that area. The Fae could only watch with despair as the sun's rays that were comforting her so recently ago were now stolen from her, and darkness was the one to greet the Fae in its place.

The Fae opened her eyes to more confusion and panic. Although she remembered quite well of her kidnapping, she didn't quite recall falling asleep. As she jolted herself up, she found herself still in the glass lantern. She tried to look around, but couldn't see through the harsh dark of her surroundings.

The Fae hung her head in shame. She blamed herself for wanting to go out in the daytime, and that because of her idiotic curiosity she would now die or suffer a worse fate.

As minutes passed, the Fae felt the darkness growing heavier. She turned and saw the Imperial once more. Feeling as though her death was near, the Fae didn't try to fight or fly away when the Imperial opened the lid to the lantern and lowered one of its claws down to the Fae.

To the Fae's surprise, the claw gently rested on the Fae's head. It began to move back and forth softly, in a petting motion at the Fae's head. Although the Fae felt she was being put into a false sense of security, she couldn't help but give in to the lovely feeling of a head-scratch.

Carefully, the Imperial grabbed the Fae out of her lantern and held her in his palm. The Fae, fearing that if she flew away she would get attacked, stayed perfectly still on the Imperial's paw.

The Imperial reached over to the table in front of him and picked out a small piece of hardened honey, and placed it on his paw next to the Fae. He watched as the Fae picked it up with curiosity, and took hidden delight in her little chirps as she gave it a lick and enjoyed the sweet taste.

Making sure the Fae was still holding the hardened honey, the Imperial picked up the Fae and gently placed her back into her lantern. He closed the lid and let the Fae happily enjoy her snack.

The Fae slept soundly in her little lantern, glowing a bright pink and illuminating her surroundings. Only tiny little crumbs of her hardened honey remained, as the Fae had a big appetite after her capture.

She began to wake as she felt footsteps growing louder. The small dragon lifted her head to find the Imperial running towards her and shot up from her resting spot in fear of an attack.

Instead, the Imperial grabbed a nearby cloth and threw it onto the lantern, shrouding the Fae in complete darkness aside from the faint glow her body gave off. She felt the lantern being lifted for a brief moment before being put back down, presumably on a lower platform than the table. The Fae suspected that she was put onto the floor.

A few moments of silence went by before the Fae heard a voice.

"Kang! Where are you?"

The Imperial let out a sigh but didn't respond to the voice. Instead, he let the source walk into the den he was in before he spoke.

"Hello, Vasta. I'm just in here, is something wrong?" The Imperial, named Kang the Fae noted, spoke calmly, despite being in a desperate rush to cover up the Fae a moment prior.

"Hmph. I was just wondering what you were up to. What do you have under that cloth, there?"

The Fae felt chills run down her spine as she sunk herself into the bottom of the lantern, trying to make herself as small and hidden as possible.

"It's just a lantern to help illuminate while I work. I found a special light that doesn't hurt me, you see. And yet... It still bothers me sometimes, so I have to put a cloth on it every now and then." Kang took a steady breath as he explained firmly to the strange voice.

"Ha! Now you're afraid of the light? You went out in broad daylight not too long ago! I'm guessing you got burned and have learned your lesson?" Vasta snickered.

"Something like that... I thought the trees would be enough, but some sunlight still got through." Kang mumbled.

Vasta let out a roar of laughter, making the Fae inside the lantern want to cover her ears. She wasn't sure why it gave her such an eerie feeling, but the Fae didn't like this "Vasta". It all screamed 'threat' to her in her mind.

"Typical! You bonehead, never learning the easy way! Always the hard way! But of course, I bet you like hurting yourself huh? Crazy cult freak you were!" Vasta continued to laugh.

Kang let out a huff as he let the dragon amuse herself at his expense. He couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth at the 'jokes' Vasta was making, as it meant her mind was taken off of the lantern.

"Well, if you ever want to go back out there into the daylight, feel free! Oh, but make sure I'm able to watch! I'm sure it'd be hilarious. Anywho, if you need me I'll be off getting food. I've been hearing some campfire songs for a while now, and I think some happy hatchlings are on a little field trip.." Vasta cackled.

"Their final destination will be our stomachs, I presume?" Kang spoke in a monotone voice, and the Fae could only imagine his deadpan expression.

"Exactly! Aha! I'll bring you back some scraps, bye bye!" With a little hair raising giggle, the Fae heard a 'woosh' and watched as the cloth swayed as though she took off and flew out of the den.

Kang stood still for a few moments before exhaling loudly and taking the cloth off the lantern. The Fae let out a squeak as the lantern was swiftly taken up from off of the ground and back on to the table.

The Imperial opened the lid of the lantern and scooped the Fae up into his claws, using his other paw to open the table's drawer and pick up a crumb of hardened honey and gave it to the small dragon.

"Don't let Vasta see you," Kang growled, placing the Fae back into the lantern and closing the lid.

The pink creature blinked, watching as the Imperial shrouded her surroundings in darkness once more and heard the Imperial storm out of the den.

The Fae glanced at the hardened honey in her hands as she began to think about the two dragon's interaction.

"Anywho, if you need me I'll be off getting food. I've been hearing some campfire songs for a while now, and I think some happy hatchlings are on a little field trip.."

The Fae felt her blood run cold as she realized the insinuation of Vasta's words.

"They eat dragons.."

The Fae hugged her hardened honey as she curled up in the corner of the lantern, not having the appetite to eat as she contemplated her fate.

"Will Kang keep me safe, or will he eat me too...?"

"Breep.." The Fae whimpered.

Unbeknownst to the two dragons was a Skydancer who first watched the Fae be captured by the Imperial. This Skydancer was stalking the Fae in an attempt to capture and kill her so that the Skydancer could use his magic and turn the Fae into a lifeless doll of herself that he would use as a servant. Intimidated by the fearsome Imperial, the Skydancer fled into his home and brainstormed a plan to capture the Fae.

In his shack were various books and candles to illuminate the dim building, and the Skydancer was sitting hunched over his desk as he scribbled ideas with his quill in his book in haste. The Skydancer let out a huff as he was at a loss for ideas, and put down his quill for a moment to rest his hand.

The necromancer took comfort in the silence, letting it soothe his mind and encourage him to think more thoroughly.

The silence that the necromancer indulged in was soon replaced with a soft hum that emanated from outside of his home. Curious, the Skydancer left his desk and peeked out the window to find a happy Tundra trotting nearby his shack.

As the Skydancer watched the Tundra, an idea formed in his mind. He grabbed a nearby dagger and tucked it into his cloak, rushing outside of his shack to approach the Tundra.

"Hello there!"

The Tundra turned to see the Skydancer eerily smiling at the singing dragon.

"Greetings!" The Tundra smiled back, looking into the Skydancer's eyes and smile wavering slightly.

"Mind if I ask for your assistance in something?" The Skydancer put his hands together and tilted his head at the Tundra, looking more sheepish and innocent.

"Sure thing! What can I do for ya...?" The Tundra looked at the Skydancer in his silent question that hung in the air.

"Nikolaos! My name is Nikolaos."

"What can I do for ya, Nikolaos!"

Nikolaos chuckled at the Tundra's enthusiasm and turned his head towards the shack that laid behind the two dragons.

"I'm having some trouble.." Nikolaos paused a moment to think. "I'm having some trouble with my book collection. I just need a second hand to help me organize everything really quick, as I don't have much time to organize it as I have work to do."

The Tundra looked skeptical for a moment before deciding to give the Skydancer the benefit of the doubt.

"Alright! As long as I get to read a few books." The Tundra smiled, prancing over to the shack.

"Excellent.." Nikolaos chuckled to himself, chasing after the Tundra and taking the dagger out from his cloak.

As the Tundra opened the door to the shack, he paused to turn his head and talk to the Skydancer.

"By the way! I think I forgot to mention, my names Ma-"

The Tundra couldn't finish his sentence as he interrupted himself with his own cry that split from his throat as Nikolaos sank his dagger deep into the Tundra's chest. As the life drained from the Tundra's eyes, Nikolaos grabbed his body and threw him to the floor of the shack. He slammed the door closed and began to place candles around the body.

After he finished placing the candles, he stood in front of the dragon's body and started to chant a foreign language and raised his hands at the body. After a few moments, the body began to rise and lift itself up from off of the floor. Its eyes were white and glossy that stared deep into Nikolaos's soul as if its previous owner was shaming the Skydancer for his actions.

Nikolaos felt his mouth form a smirk as the hint of defiance the body contained within it. The Skydancer took the dagger out from the body's chest and handed it to the vessel, looking at it in the eyes to show his lack of intimidation.

The body stared for a moment before submitting defeat and took the dagger, looking down at it in faint confusion.

"There is an Imperial that lives in a den just west of here. In his den is a little pink Fae trapped inside of a lantern. You are to fetch that lantern with the Fae inside and bring it to me. Use the dagger if you need to, but try to be as stealthy as possible." Nikolaos commanded.

The body stared at the Skydancer as he stepped out of its way and let it step outside of the shack and walk lifelessly in the direction of the den.

Nikolaos smiled as he watched the body stumble through the woods and couldn't help but think of the little Fae in its place.

Kang was laying in the bed of his den, letting the warm pink glow of his lantern fill the room. He admired the Fae's strange ability to glow but felt a stone in his heart as he thought about the Fae's position. His eyes flicked over to the source of the glow and frowned.

"I trapped her in a place where she's constantly in danger.." Kang thought, tossing himself so that he was facing away from the lantern.

"She'll suffer a slow demise with Vasta around." Kang shut his eyes and curled up more in his bed, trying to shut out his guilty thoughts.

His eyes shot wide open as he heard light footsteps approaching his den. The Imperial shot up and dashed towards the table, throwing the cloth on top of the lantern as quick as he could. As he shot his head towards the source of the footsteps, he felt a mixed sense of relief and confusion of the figure he saw approaching his den.

It was a Tundra dragon, but its movements seemed off. It fumbled closer to the Imperial, holding a bloodied dagger in its hands, and its eyes were blank and emotionless.

Kang's whiskers twitched as the Tundra stepped closer to the dragon, and Kang let out a chuckle as he began to detect dark magic coming from the Tundra.

"It's a puppet... How cute." Kang stood motionless as it let the body step closer and closer to the Imperial.

He wasn't sure why he let the body continue, but perhaps it was the amusement as its pathetic attempts to presumably assassinate him.

What Kang didn't expect was the Tundra to glance over at the table and take notice of a faint pink glow peeking out of the lantern that was half covered with a cloth. The Tundra shot towards the lantern and began to thrust its dagger at the lantern.

Kang slapped the Tundra's legs with his tail, making the body trip over and fall on its face before it could reach the lantern.

The Imperial stepped on top of the body and held it down by the neck, letting himself catch his breath in an attempt to calm his heart.

"It was after the Fae..? Why?" Kang thought out loud to himself.

He stared at the body for a moment before placing his hand on top of the Tundra's head.

"It's a simple puppet. Which means its master was after her and sent this thing to try to get her without any repercussions."

Kang let out a chuckle and took a glance at the Fae in the lantern, who was now wide awake and was watching in shock.

The Imperial stepped off the body and picked it up from the neck, staring into its blank glossy eyes.

"I'm not the one you want to kill, am I?" Kang's voice echoed through the walls of the den.

The body blinked and shook its head softly. Kang put the body down and he took the dagger from off the ground and handed it to the body.

"What are you waiting for then?" Kang smiled.

The body took the dagger into its hands once more and stumbled out of the den, walking back in the direction it came from.

Kang glanced over at the lantern once more and let out a sigh. He opened up the lid and scooped the Fae up into his claws. The Fae stared deep into the Imperial's eyes, though it didn't show the emotions he thought the Fae would be giving off.

It showed gratefulness.

As if the Imperial's heart wanted to take a few more hits, he felt it skip a beat and all of his guilty thoughts came swarming into his mind.

Kang placed the Fae on to the table and the Fae looked at him with confusion.

"What's your name?"

The Fae blinked, letting out a small chirp in response before giving him an answer.

"Iris."

Kang nodded in acknowledgment and looked out to the entrance of the den before looking back to the Fae.

"Go, Iris."

Iris flinched in surprise at the Imperial's words.

"It's not safe for you here. Go, while you still can." With that, Kang walked away from the table towards his bed and flopped his body down onto it. He didn't want to watch as the Fae fluttered out of the den, he didn't watch as the Fae took one final glance at the Imperial, and he didn't watch the words the Fae silently spoke.

"Thank you."

Kang stood outside in the Starwood Strands, glancing up at the stars and watching as the trees began to blossom with their beautiful blues and purples.

The Imperial watched as several blossoms were blown out from their branches and fell to the ground, finding peace in the soft sounds of swaying trees.

As his eyes followed one blossom that was plucked off the tree from the wind, he noticed how it began to float down to the Imperial. He watched as the blossom drifted and glided along with the wind until it was gently placed upon the Imperial's nose.

Kang shook his head, causing the blossom to fall off of his face and fall onto the ground. As he watched its final moments in the air, he heard faint giggling that came from the blossom.

Crouching down to inspect it, Kang watched as a little pink Fae emerged from the blossom and flew back up towards the trees. Again, a blossom was plucked from the trees and began to float gently towards the Imperial's nose.

Instead of shaking it off, Kang left it there and watched as Iris popped out of the blossom's petals and gave the Imperial a smile.

After a few moments, Iris hid back into the blossom and took flight once more, flying off to what Kang presumed to be her home in the trees.

For a moment, Kang wasn't a being of darkness, nor was he a fallen dragon banished from his place as a Demigod.

He was a regular dragon, with perhaps a new friend.
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
[center][size=1][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2525034/1]back to top[/url][/size] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/456c4c8274fbae9edeafc9aefaaea69c/tumblr_inline_o21bm3kZFq1r3lvtf_400.png[/img] [size=6][i][b]Pippen's Journal[/b][/i][/size] [/center] ----------------------------------------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry I XX/XX/XXXX A few days ago a couple of my lairmates had found a few books while scavenging. They found no use of them, so they gave them to me. I have decided to record my studies and other notes in these books. For now, I have nothing left to write. Just this introduction, I suppose. Goodbye. --------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry II XX/XX/XXXX Nothing much has happened since the last entry, but I suppose I should write about my past. I was born to my clan founders and leaders Jayna and Slipper. My father, Jayna, is a happy-go-lucky type of dragon. Slipper is very rowdy, and she has a bit of bloodlust. I don't have these traits from my parents. I don't find myself very energetic, and I definitely don't like fighting. That's why I stayed behind when all of my other siblings were trained and sent off in exalt. I'm not sure why they were happy about that. They told me they wanted to serve their flight and battle for the Arcanist. After that, I wanted to learn more about our deity. The more I learned, the more I became interested in the art of Arcane. It's.. fascinating, to say the least. I don't talk much to dragons. I can't find the will to speak, even if there is something I would like to say. No one talks to me much except for my parents. I think because of how reclusive I am, no one bothers to try to engage in conversation. It's a little saddening, but I get by. I'll write my next entry when something happens. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry III XX/XX/XXXX The scavengers found multiple pieces of parchment with weird words on them. They look like just a bunch of words scattered together, but I believe it has a hidden meaning. I put them all together to try to make a complete picture, however, it looks like there are still some pieces missing. I'll try to convince the scavengers to go out and look for more of the pieces. I have been observing the stars late at night. They tell me a storm is coming. I hope to collect the missing pieces before any wind or rain can ruin them or keep them away from me. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry IV XX/XX/XXXX The missing pieces weren't found before the storm came. It was a bit discouraging for me, but I'm still attempting to decipher the strange papers even without the remaining pieces. I've taken a break for now and have been working on my other studies. I decided to get some fresh air and wandered a bit farther than I intended. The winds seem to have pushed me away, leading me to an unusual post. I found an odd-looking dragon huddled over a cauldron. When I decided to talk to him, he told me he was an alchemist, according to him. I became intrigued, and have been visiting him daily. He's been giving me recipes on how to make various things, and I've been using his cauldron to collect various goops from random trinkets that my clan won't notice their absence. I have made a few things so far. A few beakers and various attempts at food, however, I cannot bring myself to eat any of it. Baldwin, as the dragon calls himself, says he quite enjoys the 'delicacies' and gobbles them up. I want to continue alchemy and attempt to create more things. I find it quite fun. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry VI XX/XX/XXXX Something happened today at Baldwin's cauldron. We were experimenting with a few goops and we ended up creating this strange creature. It's just a bit of slime with a face on it, but its sentient. We created life. It felt encouraging, and it makes me want to further improve my alchemy skills. We're going to experiment on this slime and attempt to create more. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry V XX/XX/XXXX There was a storm today, so I wasn't able to visit Baldwin. I don't want to get caught up in all the rain. A strange creature was found huddled up in the trees near our clan, which appeared to be taking shelter from the storm. Its position didn't provide that much of shelter, so I took the creature in. I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but Slipper has been itching for a fight lately so if it got rowdy I could just let Slipper handle it. I will continue to record how things will go with this creature. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry VI XX/XX/XXXX The creature doesn't seem to be interested in harming anyone. In fact, it seems to have taken an interest in my studies. Whenever I go to fetch an ingredient, the creature uses one of its many tails to grab it for me. It's quite a helpful little thing. Perhaps I will take this creature in as my familiar. I should head to the marketplace and find a shawl for it that matches mine so that it won't look like any of its bare kin. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry VII XX/XX/XXXX The scavengers found something today. Papers. I was disappointed that it wasn't the remaining pieces to the strange papers I've had lying around, but it quickly faded when I realized the strange markings and letters were enchantments; spells. I will study these further to enhance my Arcane abilities. Perhaps I'll take it to Baldwin and see what he thinks about it. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry VIII XX/XX/XXXX A few days have passed since the scavengers found the papers, and I feel.. different. I feel calmer and at home with myself. I think Liuu, my familiar, feels the same. I think my powers are growing. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry IX XX/XX/XXXX The candles around my part of the lair have begun to float. They seem to be carried by pink smoke, and the flames have turned a light pink. They keep following me too. I've had these candles from the beginning of my studies, so perhaps the over-exposure to all my alchemy has done something to them. I'll study this further. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry X XX/XX/XXXX I could never speak. I don't like to think that I was born mute, but rather that I never willed myself to speak. Today, however, Tiki heard me talking. It was very faint, but I could hear myself too. I used to communicate in just writing, but it appears that the candles that have been following me are channeling my thoughts into words. It's faint, but I can hear it in their flickers. It's quite fascinating, and it's quite an achievement for me. I feel like I have become more powerful in my studies of Arcane. I hope I'm doing my deity proud. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry XI XX/XX/XXXX As my pride from my achievement of the candles has faded away, I have found something else to be happy about. A new dragon was taken into the lair today, and there's this aura to them that I admire. He's quite larger than me though, so I don't know if he'll be able to hear me. But I have to try. He seems to be naturally radiating in magic. After my months of studying, I feel like I'd like to have someone to share this with. Someone who I could teach. An apprentice. It's a nice thought, at least. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry XII XX/XX/XXXX The dragon, a Skydancer named Tenderwing, heard me immediately. I was surprised at his keen hearing, especially since we had some new hatchlings and they have been screeching and yapping nonstop. I introduced him to the art of Arcane and he seems to be interested, so I have begun teaching him my ways. It's a bit of a rocky start. He set fire to one of Liuu's tails and almost blew up a side of the lair. But alchemy and Arcane is all about trial and error, so I see this as progress. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry XIII XX/XX/XXXX It took longer than I expected, but we did it. Tenderwing has been studying with candles of his own under my direction, and finally, they have begun to float and follow him as like mine do. They're not pink like mine, instead, they are of a shade of blue. But the color doesn't matter to me. All I care about is that his powers are growing, and as his teacher, I cannot be happier. As a celebratory gift, I have been experimenting with Baldwin to create the perfect familiar for him. In the end, we created a blue wisp in a crystal ball. When I showed him his surprise, he was delighted. He feels like a son to me. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry XIV XX/XX/XXXX After months of scavenging, it amuses me how my own familiar was the one to find the missing pieces of those papers. Everything fell into place when I obtained the rest of the papers. Liuu, Tenderwing and I quickly got to work, deciphering the papers to the best of our abilities. We quickly deciphered the papers and came to the conclusion of it translating to: "Travel in packs, safety in numbers, attack as one." While we were a bit disappointed that it wasn't anything of magical value, we were proud of being able to decipher the papers so quickly. Perhaps I'll be able to find more papers like these later on. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry XV XX/XX/XXXX In the midst of writing down a few spells that Tenderwing and I have been working on, my father came to see me. It was quite unusual for him to come down during the middle of the night, as he knows I'm busy and it was quite late. He had his reasons, though. He came to me with a suspicion that it was more than just a coincidence on how this clan formed. He explained how he and my mother were first given dreams that inspired them to form a clan together. I'm not sure why he never told me this before, but that wasn't the focus of my curiosity. Tomorrow, I will set out on a little expedition to talk to the stars. I'm going to bring Liuu and Tenderwing with me. Although he had recently made his candles float, I believe he's ready for another test. Let's see how this will go. -------- [size=6][font=Mistral]Journal Entry XVI XX/XX/XXXX I think this will be my final entry in this book, at least for a while. In all honesty, there has been too much excitement the past few days for me to handle and I'm in need of a break. The results of our expedition surpassed my expectations, and we found something truly incredible; an old shine that was dedicated to a forgotten entity that no one in the modern world has ever heard of. Later did I find out more about this entity. They call themselves the Tumizsune and they seem to spend a majority of their time watching over the clans of the Arcane flight and help unify the inhabitants. I had also found out that there was an emperor lying in the waters of the Crystalspine Reaches. Although originally my clan mates thought I had been killed by it, the Tumizsune helped save me from the attack and defeated the Emperor by destroying its existance entirely. Now that the shrine has been reawakened, the Tumizsune says that their components will be coming to the ruins as an answer to its call. Although they still have yet to come, I wait patiently to meet these 'components' and hope that I will be able to get more information about the Tumizsune from them. That's all for now, goodbye.
Pippen's Journal

Journal Entry I
XX/XX/XXXX
A few days ago a couple of my lairmates had found a few books while scavenging. They found no use of them, so they gave them to me.

I have decided to record my studies and other notes in these books.

For now, I have nothing left to write. Just this introduction, I suppose.

Goodbye.

Journal Entry II
XX/XX/XXXX
Nothing much has happened since the last entry, but I suppose I should write about my past.

I was born to my clan founders and leaders Jayna and Slipper. My father, Jayna, is a happy-go-lucky type of dragon. Slipper is very rowdy, and she has a bit of bloodlust. I don't have these traits from my parents. I don't find myself very energetic, and I definitely don't like fighting. That's why I stayed behind when all of my other siblings were trained and sent off in exalt.

I'm not sure why they were happy about that. They told me they wanted to serve their flight and battle for the Arcanist.

After that, I wanted to learn more about our deity. The more I learned, the more I became interested in the art of Arcane. It's.. fascinating, to say the least.

I don't talk much to dragons. I can't find the will to speak, even if there is something I would like to say.

No one talks to me much except for my parents. I think because of how reclusive I am, no one bothers to try to engage in conversation.

It's a little saddening, but I get by.

I'll write my next entry when something happens.

Journal Entry III
XX/XX/XXXX

The scavengers found multiple pieces of parchment with weird words on them. They look like just a bunch of words scattered together, but I believe it has a hidden meaning.

I put them all together to try to make a complete picture, however, it looks like there are still some pieces missing. I'll try to convince the scavengers to go out and look for more of the pieces.

I have been observing the stars late at night. They tell me a storm is coming. I hope to collect the missing pieces before any wind or rain can ruin them or keep them away from me.

Journal Entry IV
XX/XX/XXXX

The missing pieces weren't found before the storm came. It was a bit discouraging for me, but I'm still attempting to decipher the strange papers even without the remaining pieces.

I've taken a break for now and have been working on my other studies.

I decided to get some fresh air and wandered a bit farther than I intended. The winds seem to have pushed me away, leading me to an unusual post.

I found an odd-looking dragon huddled over a cauldron. When I decided to talk to him, he told me he was an alchemist, according to him. I became intrigued, and have been visiting him daily. He's been giving me recipes on how to make various things, and I've been using his cauldron to collect various goops from random trinkets that my clan won't notice their absence.

I have made a few things so far. A few beakers and various attempts at food, however, I cannot bring myself to eat any of it. Baldwin, as the dragon calls himself, says he quite enjoys the 'delicacies' and gobbles them up.

I want to continue alchemy and attempt to create more things. I find it quite fun.

Journal Entry VI
XX/XX/XXXX

Something happened today at Baldwin's cauldron.

We were experimenting with a few goops and we ended up creating this strange creature. It's just a bit of slime with a face on it, but its sentient. We created life. It felt encouraging, and it makes me want to further improve my alchemy skills.

We're going to experiment on this slime and attempt to create more.

Journal Entry V
XX/XX/XXXX

There was a storm today, so I wasn't able to visit Baldwin. I don't want to get caught up in all the rain.

A strange creature was found huddled up in the trees near our clan, which appeared to be taking shelter from the storm. Its position didn't provide that much of shelter, so I took the creature in. I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but Slipper has been itching for a fight lately so if it got rowdy I could just let Slipper handle it.

I will continue to record how things will go with this creature.

Journal Entry VI
XX/XX/XXXX

The creature doesn't seem to be interested in harming anyone. In fact, it seems to have taken an interest in my studies. Whenever I go to fetch an ingredient, the creature uses one of its many tails to grab it for me. It's quite a helpful little thing.

Perhaps I will take this creature in as my familiar. I should head to the marketplace and find a shawl for it that matches mine so that it won't look like any of its bare kin.

Journal Entry VII
XX/XX/XXXX

The scavengers found something today. Papers.

I was disappointed that it wasn't the remaining pieces to the strange papers I've had lying around, but it quickly faded when I realized the strange markings and letters were enchantments; spells.

I will study these further to enhance my Arcane abilities. Perhaps I'll take it to Baldwin and see what he thinks about it.

Journal Entry VIII
XX/XX/XXXX

A few days have passed since the scavengers found the papers, and I feel.. different.

I feel calmer and at home with myself. I think Liuu, my familiar, feels the same.

I think my powers are growing.

Journal Entry IX
XX/XX/XXXX

The candles around my part of the lair have begun to float.

They seem to be carried by pink smoke, and the flames have turned a light pink.

They keep following me too.

I've had these candles from the beginning of my studies, so perhaps the over-exposure to all my alchemy has done something to them.

I'll study this further.

Journal Entry X
XX/XX/XXXX

I could never speak.

I don't like to think that I was born mute, but rather that I never willed myself to speak.

Today, however, Tiki heard me talking.

It was very faint, but I could hear myself too.

I used to communicate in just writing, but it appears that the candles that have been following me are channeling my thoughts into words. It's faint, but I can hear it in their flickers.

It's quite fascinating, and it's quite an achievement for me. I feel like I have become more powerful in my studies of Arcane.

I hope I'm doing my deity proud.

Journal Entry XI
XX/XX/XXXX

As my pride from my achievement of the candles has faded away, I have found something else to be happy about.

A new dragon was taken into the lair today, and there's this aura to them that I admire.

He's quite larger than me though, so I don't know if he'll be able to hear me.

But I have to try.

He seems to be naturally radiating in magic. After my months of studying, I feel like I'd like to have someone to share this with. Someone who I could teach. An apprentice.

It's a nice thought, at least.

Journal Entry XII
XX/XX/XXXX

The dragon, a Skydancer named Tenderwing, heard me immediately.

I was surprised at his keen hearing, especially since we had some new hatchlings and they have been screeching and yapping nonstop.

I introduced him to the art of Arcane and he seems to be interested, so I have begun teaching him my ways. It's a bit of a rocky start. He set fire to one of Liuu's tails and almost blew up a side of the lair. But alchemy and Arcane is all about trial and error, so I see this as progress.

Journal Entry XIII
XX/XX/XXXX

It took longer than I expected, but we did it.

Tenderwing has been studying with candles of his own under my direction, and finally, they have begun to float and follow him as like mine do.

They're not pink like mine, instead, they are of a shade of blue. But the color doesn't matter to me. All I care about is that his powers are growing, and as his teacher, I cannot be happier.

As a celebratory gift, I have been experimenting with Baldwin to create the perfect familiar for him. In the end, we created a blue wisp in a crystal ball. When I showed him his surprise, he was delighted.

He feels like a son to me.

Journal Entry XIV
XX/XX/XXXX

After months of scavenging, it amuses me how my own familiar was the one to find the missing pieces of those papers.

Everything fell into place when I obtained the rest of the papers. Liuu, Tenderwing and I quickly got to work, deciphering the papers to the best of our abilities.

We quickly deciphered the papers and came to the conclusion of it translating to:
"Travel in packs, safety in numbers, attack as one."

While we were a bit disappointed that it wasn't anything of magical value, we were proud of being able to decipher the papers so quickly.

Perhaps I'll be able to find more papers like these later on.

Journal Entry XV
XX/XX/XXXX

In the midst of writing down a few spells that Tenderwing and I have been working on, my father came to see me. It was quite unusual for him to come down during the middle of the night, as he knows I'm busy and it was quite late.

He had his reasons, though. He came to me with a suspicion that it was more than just a coincidence on how this clan formed. He explained how he and my mother were first given dreams that inspired them to form a clan together. I'm not sure why he never told me this before, but that wasn't the focus of my curiosity.

Tomorrow, I will set out on a little expedition to talk to the stars. I'm going to bring Liuu and Tenderwing with me. Although he had recently made his candles float, I believe he's ready for another test.

Let's see how this will go.

Journal Entry XVI
XX/XX/XXXX

I think this will be my final entry in this book, at least for a while. In all honesty, there has been too much excitement the past few days for me to handle and I'm in need of a break.

The results of our expedition surpassed my expectations, and we found something truly incredible; an old shine that was dedicated to a forgotten entity that no one in the modern world has ever heard of.

Later did I find out more about this entity. They call themselves the Tumizsune and they seem to spend a majority of their time watching over the clans of the Arcane flight and help unify the inhabitants.

I had also found out that there was an emperor lying in the waters of the Crystalspine Reaches. Although originally my clan mates thought I had been killed by it, the Tumizsune helped save me from the attack and defeated the Emperor by destroying its existance entirely.

Now that the shrine has been reawakened, the Tumizsune says that their components will be coming to the ruins as an answer to its call. Although they still have yet to come, I wait patiently to meet these 'components' and hope that I will be able to get more information about the Tumizsune from them.

That's all for now, goodbye.
writing shop
accents
lore
clickbait
1161.png
x
jin | she/her
1 2