Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Let me write some lore for you! (Hold)
1 2
Hello!

I'm thinking about opening a shop where I do lore for a relatively cheap price. I'd like to get some examples in and see how far I can stretch my fingers. I'll build on top of lore you already have, work from a basic outline, or start from scratch; It's up to you. It'll be spell/grammar checked to make sure you get the best out of my writing. If you could, let me know how much you'd pay for it? I'd like to get a general idea.

I am subscribed, but I won't be annoyed if you do ping me.

Form wrote:
1st/2nd/3rd person:
Dragon(s):
Any specifics?

No more than two dragons per slot. If two dragons are listed together, they will have intertwined lore (if you want separate lore, please put two forms in the same post). Lore will always be longer than 200 words!

I'm really excited to start writing for you and your dragons.

Offline last updated: 1:15 FR time

Examples:

Adventure Mode Link in my Sig
Incomplete:
Sapphire
Mountain
Lore Link in my Clan Profile

Thank you!
Hello!

I'm thinking about opening a shop where I do lore for a relatively cheap price. I'd like to get some examples in and see how far I can stretch my fingers. I'll build on top of lore you already have, work from a basic outline, or start from scratch; It's up to you. It'll be spell/grammar checked to make sure you get the best out of my writing. If you could, let me know how much you'd pay for it? I'd like to get a general idea.

I am subscribed, but I won't be annoyed if you do ping me.

Form wrote:
1st/2nd/3rd person:
Dragon(s):
Any specifics?

No more than two dragons per slot. If two dragons are listed together, they will have intertwined lore (if you want separate lore, please put two forms in the same post). Lore will always be longer than 200 words!

I'm really excited to start writing for you and your dragons.

Offline last updated: 1:15 FR time

Examples:

Adventure Mode Link in my Sig
Incomplete:
Sapphire
Mountain
Lore Link in my Clan Profile

Thank you!
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
Slots so I don't get too overwhelmed:
1. Duckii- Completed
2. PhoenixMiko- Completed
3. Horrorfiend- Completed
Pinglist wrote:
PhoenixMiko
Slots so I don't get too overwhelmed:
1. Duckii- Completed
2. PhoenixMiko- Completed
3. Horrorfiend- Completed
Pinglist wrote:
PhoenixMiko
greetings! [b]1st/2nd/3rd person:[/b] 3rd person! but 1st person would be cool too! up to you! [b]Dragon:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43144203] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/431443/43144203_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Any specifics?[/b] nope, not really! just that she's a narcissistic dummy, and she has a bio if you care to read about her. thanks!
greetings!

1st/2nd/3rd person:
3rd person! but 1st person would be cool too! up to you!

Dragon:

43144203_350.png

Any specifics?
nope, not really! just that she's a narcissistic dummy, and she has a bio if you care to read about her.

thanks!
99522cc99c3d5967114b6f0d8bb16cba-dc2fbrm.gif duck | they/she | ♠
avid overwatch nerd
no links yet | cred
purugly.gif

+3 FR time

[b]1st/2nd/3rd person:[/b]1st or 3rd person (whichever you're more comfortable with ^^) [b]Dragon(s):[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43159780] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/431598/43159780_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Any specifics?[/b] His parents are my clan tigers, but he has changed his markings to better suit the sea. While his parents are confused by this, they support his decision to join the clan's sea-faring faction. Feel free to write anything for him (some of his adventures, maybe, but anything is fine)!
1st/2nd/3rd person:1st or 3rd person (whichever you're more comfortable with ^^)
Dragon(s): Any specifics? His parents are my clan tigers, but he has changed his markings to better suit the sea. While his parents are confused by this, they support his decision to join the clan's sea-faring faction. Feel free to write anything for him (some of his adventures, maybe, but anything is fine)!
QyZZPnS.png
Working on schoolwork, I'll get these finished!
Working on schoolwork, I'll get these finished!
@Duckii
Info: wrote:
Time to write: 20mins
Spellchecked/grammar checked: Myself, three different sites.
Words: ~500
Please don't forget to let me know how much you believe this is worth!

"You wouldn't believe it!" she called loudly to the small group of dragons in front of her. "It was massive! It was bigger than I am!" To better express her point, she threw her hands out to either side, startling a group of birds not far off.

"It was a battle fit for a fairytale. The courageous, cunning, creative me versus a Wartoad this big. It slashed at me with everything it had, but it was no match for the likes of moi. It gave me this scar," she lied. It was really only a game deer, but the dragons didn't know that. And the scar definitely wasn't from a large beast.

~

She was a restless hatchling. Everywhere she turned, she seemed to be taunted by the words: "You can't." "You can't eat that." "You can't go out." "You can't do that." They all irked her, but nothing more than the phrase she heard more than every other: "You can't fly."

She hated being tied to the ground. The greatest dragons all soared to the skies, and she was one of The Greats. Nobody could convince her otherwise, as much as they tried, and one day she decided to prove that there was no better flier than she.

She snuck out one night, carrying nothing but her head held high. She climbed gracefully up a willow with her talons never slipping once (or so, she tells everyone). In a leap of faith, she spread her wings out and launched off of the platform of the tree. There was a moment of weightlessness before all she could feel were needles running up her side. She ignored it and hollered out of excitement. She flew!

It wasn't long before another dragon heard the ruckus, picked her up gingerly, and carried her back to the nest.

She tried to get out of the cell that encased her many times, but she was only scolded with, "Be still!"

That bothered her more than being told she couldn't fly.

Not being able to move left her with a lot of free time to think. After months of what seemed of planning and checkups and medicine, she composed a sketch of a machine that would become the most important part of her life.

Once she was well again, she ventured off to find everything she needed (and sometimes even stole things from other clan members). Hours turned into days, days into weeks, weeks into months until her contraption was complete.

~

She felt a slight wind change in her perfectly trained ears. "Best be off," she cheered to the dragons, tossing a satchel of meat into their hands. "The wind's a-blowing!"

She skipped her way back to the beautiful balloon she made herself and hopped in. As it took flight, a smile crept across her face. Of course I can fly; I'm the best Bog around!

Lore written by Everyone.

Code:
"You wouldn't believe it!" she called loudly to the small group of dragons in front of her. "It was massive! It was bigger than I am!" To better express her point, she threw her hands out to either side, startling a group of birds not far off. "It was a battle fit for a fairytale. The courageous, cunning, creative [i]me[/i] versus a Wartoad [i]this[/i] big. It slashed at me with everything it had, but it was no match for the likes of moi. It gave me this scar," she lied. It was really only a game deer, but the dragons didn't know that. And the scar definitely wasn't from a large beast. ~ She was a restless hatchling. Everywhere she turned, she seemed to be taunted by the words: "You can't." "You can't eat that." "You can't go out." "You can't do that." They all irked her, but nothing more than the phrase she heard more than every other: "You can't [i]fly.[/i]" She hated being tied to the ground. The greatest dragons all soared to the skies, and she was one of The Greats. Nobody could convince her otherwise, as much as they tried, and one day she decided to prove that there was no better flier than she. She snuck out one night, carrying nothing but her head held high. She climbed gracefully up a willow with her talons never slipping once (or so, she tells everyone). In a leap of faith, she spread her wings out and launched off of the platform of the tree. There was a moment of weightlessness before all she could feel were needles running up her side. She ignored it and hollered out of excitement. She flew! It wasn't long before another dragon heard the ruckus, picked her up gingerly, and carried her back to the nest. She tried to get out of the cell that encased her many times, but she was only scolded with, "Be still!" That bothered her more than being told she couldn't fly. Not being able to move left her with a lot of free time to think. After months of what seemed of planning and checkups and medicine, she composed a sketch of a machine that would become the most important part of her life. Once she was well again, she ventured off to find everything she needed (and sometimes even stole things from other clan members). Hours turned into days, days into weeks, weeks into months until her contraption was complete. ~ She felt a slight wind change in her perfectly trained ears. "Best be off," she cheered to the dragons, tossing a satchel of meat into their hands. "The wind's a-blowing!" She skipped her way back to the beautiful balloon she made herself and hopped in. As it took flight, a smile crept across her face. [I]Of course I can fly; I'm the best Bog around![/i] [Size=1][size=1]Lore written by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=168546]Everyone.[/url][/size]
@Duckii
Time to write: 20mins
Spellchecked/grammar checked: Myself, three different sites.
Words: ~500
Please don't forget to let me know how much you believe this is worth!

"You wouldn't believe it!" she called loudly to the small group of dragons in front of her. "It was massive! It was bigger than I am!" To better express her point, she threw her hands out to either side, startling a group of birds not far off.

"It was a battle fit for a fairytale. The courageous, cunning, creative me versus a Wartoad this big. It slashed at me with everything it had, but it was no match for the likes of moi. It gave me this scar," she lied. It was really only a game deer, but the dragons didn't know that. And the scar definitely wasn't from a large beast.

~

She was a restless hatchling. Everywhere she turned, she seemed to be taunted by the words: "You can't." "You can't eat that." "You can't go out." "You can't do that." They all irked her, but nothing more than the phrase she heard more than every other: "You can't fly."

She hated being tied to the ground. The greatest dragons all soared to the skies, and she was one of The Greats. Nobody could convince her otherwise, as much as they tried, and one day she decided to prove that there was no better flier than she.

She snuck out one night, carrying nothing but her head held high. She climbed gracefully up a willow with her talons never slipping once (or so, she tells everyone). In a leap of faith, she spread her wings out and launched off of the platform of the tree. There was a moment of weightlessness before all she could feel were needles running up her side. She ignored it and hollered out of excitement. She flew!

It wasn't long before another dragon heard the ruckus, picked her up gingerly, and carried her back to the nest.

She tried to get out of the cell that encased her many times, but she was only scolded with, "Be still!"

That bothered her more than being told she couldn't fly.

Not being able to move left her with a lot of free time to think. After months of what seemed of planning and checkups and medicine, she composed a sketch of a machine that would become the most important part of her life.

Once she was well again, she ventured off to find everything she needed (and sometimes even stole things from other clan members). Hours turned into days, days into weeks, weeks into months until her contraption was complete.

~

She felt a slight wind change in her perfectly trained ears. "Best be off," she cheered to the dragons, tossing a satchel of meat into their hands. "The wind's a-blowing!"

She skipped her way back to the beautiful balloon she made herself and hopped in. As it took flight, a smile crept across her face. Of course I can fly; I'm the best Bog around!

Code:
"You wouldn't believe it!" she called loudly to the small group of dragons in front of her. "It was massive! It was bigger than I am!" To better express her point, she threw her hands out to either side, startling a group of birds not far off. "It was a battle fit for a fairytale. The courageous, cunning, creative [i]me[/i] versus a Wartoad [i]this[/i] big. It slashed at me with everything it had, but it was no match for the likes of moi. It gave me this scar," she lied. It was really only a game deer, but the dragons didn't know that. And the scar definitely wasn't from a large beast. ~ She was a restless hatchling. Everywhere she turned, she seemed to be taunted by the words: "You can't." "You can't eat that." "You can't go out." "You can't do that." They all irked her, but nothing more than the phrase she heard more than every other: "You can't [i]fly.[/i]" She hated being tied to the ground. The greatest dragons all soared to the skies, and she was one of The Greats. Nobody could convince her otherwise, as much as they tried, and one day she decided to prove that there was no better flier than she. She snuck out one night, carrying nothing but her head held high. She climbed gracefully up a willow with her talons never slipping once (or so, she tells everyone). In a leap of faith, she spread her wings out and launched off of the platform of the tree. There was a moment of weightlessness before all she could feel were needles running up her side. She ignored it and hollered out of excitement. She flew! It wasn't long before another dragon heard the ruckus, picked her up gingerly, and carried her back to the nest. She tried to get out of the cell that encased her many times, but she was only scolded with, "Be still!" That bothered her more than being told she couldn't fly. Not being able to move left her with a lot of free time to think. After months of what seemed of planning and checkups and medicine, she composed a sketch of a machine that would become the most important part of her life. Once she was well again, she ventured off to find everything she needed (and sometimes even stole things from other clan members). Hours turned into days, days into weeks, weeks into months until her contraption was complete. ~ She felt a slight wind change in her perfectly trained ears. "Best be off," she cheered to the dragons, tossing a satchel of meat into their hands. "The wind's a-blowing!" She skipped her way back to the beautiful balloon she made herself and hopped in. As it took flight, a smile crept across her face. [I]Of course I can fly; I'm the best Bog around![/i] [Size=1][size=1]Lore written by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=168546]Everyone.[/url][/size]
@PhoenixMiko
Time to write: 20min
Spellcheck: Myself, one site
Words: ~350
Please don't forget to let me know what you think this is worth!
He shook out the water from his fur, whiskers taking off with the wind. He enjoyed the chill for a moment before taking a massive breath and dunking his back into the salty lake. He kicked his legs to propel himself downward, deeper into the slightly murky water. He accidentally scared a small school of fish, but they quickly recovered to come and swim by his side. He loved the water more than anything else. Maybe other people didn't understand that, but it didn't matter. Nothing ever really mattered when it came to his passion.

He felt a satisfying burn in his lungs and pushed back to the water's surface. The chill was getting worse; Night was falling. He needed to get back to his den.

The sun reflected off his modified scales. He was born a tiger, though that wasn't what he was. His parents would hunt and he'd fish. His siblings would climb or prowl while he dove and swam. He was happier in the water than anywhere else.

He remembered the day perfectly. The air was warm and crisp, and even slightly salty. Minute by minute, he scraped his ancestry from his appearance and molded himself into something different. White stripes, like a fish he drew inspiration from he saw swimming one day.

He remembered his parent's faces, shocked at first and then softened into disbelief. They didn't scold him, or tell him he was unnatural or impure. Instead, they embraced him even if they didn't understand his decision. That's the day he realized that nobody would love him as much as they did.

His mindless legs had brought him home at this point. He didn't really remember anything about the trip back, except that he was left feeling nostalgic and slightly lonely. When his mother presented him with a meal and his father a hug, the feeling faded. Even in the bare expanse of the ocean, he was never truly alone.

@PhoenixMiko
Time to write: 20min
Spellcheck: Myself, one site
Words: ~350
He shook out the water from his fur, whiskers taking off with the wind. He enjoyed the chill for a moment before taking a massive breath and dunking his back into the salty lake. He kicked his legs to propel himself downward, deeper into the slightly murky water. He accidentally scared a small school of fish, but they quickly recovered to come and swim by his side. He loved the water more than anything else. Maybe other people didn't understand that, but it didn't matter. Nothing ever really mattered when it came to his passion.

He felt a satisfying burn in his lungs and pushed back to the water's surface. The chill was getting worse; Night was falling. He needed to get back to his den.

The sun reflected off his modified scales. He was born a tiger, though that wasn't what he was. His parents would hunt and he'd fish. His siblings would climb or prowl while he dove and swam. He was happier in the water than anywhere else.

He remembered the day perfectly. The air was warm and crisp, and even slightly salty. Minute by minute, he scraped his ancestry from his appearance and molded himself into something different. White stripes, like a fish he drew inspiration from he saw swimming one day.

He remembered his parent's faces, shocked at first and then softened into disbelief. They didn't scold him, or tell him he was unnatural or impure. Instead, they embraced him even if they didn't understand his decision. That's the day he realized that nobody would love him as much as they did.

His mindless legs had brought him home at this point. He didn't really remember anything about the trip back, except that he was left feeling nostalgic and slightly lonely. When his mother presented him with a meal and his father a hug, the feeling faded. Even in the bare expanse of the ocean, he was never truly alone.

@Everyone

AAAAAAAAAAAA YOU DID SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB! THANK YOU SM! you highlighted Pritang's personality perfectly! (try saying that five times fast)

i love your writing style :DDD my favorite part is the intro, it really brings out here character! thanks for this opportunity for free lore! i'm so glad that her bio was understandable ^^

do you mind if i use that code to add it under her bio?? (i'll leave the credit in of course!)

as for pricing, i'm not a total EXPERT, but from what i've seen, people usually charge 30kt-50kt for short-medium length writing, which is what i would call what you wrote! (1000 words would be long)

you have quite a way with words, so i would pay around 50kt for what you wrote! because i think it's a good length for a dragon bio!

i think that 30kt, 50kt, and 100kt would be a good starting point to charge for different lengths of writing. if not too many people are interested, you could lower it to 20kt, 30kt, 70kt, something like that!

also, you said you have a minimum of 200 words, so instead you could have a base price of, let's say, 30kt, and then charge extra per every 100 words

thanks again! xx
@Everyone

AAAAAAAAAAAA YOU DID SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB! THANK YOU SM! you highlighted Pritang's personality perfectly! (try saying that five times fast)

i love your writing style :DDD my favorite part is the intro, it really brings out here character! thanks for this opportunity for free lore! i'm so glad that her bio was understandable ^^

do you mind if i use that code to add it under her bio?? (i'll leave the credit in of course!)

as for pricing, i'm not a total EXPERT, but from what i've seen, people usually charge 30kt-50kt for short-medium length writing, which is what i would call what you wrote! (1000 words would be long)

you have quite a way with words, so i would pay around 50kt for what you wrote! because i think it's a good length for a dragon bio!

i think that 30kt, 50kt, and 100kt would be a good starting point to charge for different lengths of writing. if not too many people are interested, you could lower it to 20kt, 30kt, 70kt, something like that!

also, you said you have a minimum of 200 words, so instead you could have a base price of, let's say, 30kt, and then charge extra per every 100 words

thanks again! xx
99522cc99c3d5967114b6f0d8bb16cba-dc2fbrm.gif duck | they/she | ♠
avid overwatch nerd
no links yet | cred
purugly.gif

+3 FR time

@Duckii

Of course! That's why it's there for you, haha. Feel free to fix/change/edit/add/remove/etc. whatever you'd like.

Your pricing seems absolutely perfect for this. I'll keep it in mind!

Thank you for the kind words. They mean the world to me! Writing is something I love to do, so every bit of criticism/praise I get is extremely appreciated.
@Duckii

Of course! That's why it's there for you, haha. Feel free to fix/change/edit/add/remove/etc. whatever you'd like.

Your pricing seems absolutely perfect for this. I'll keep it in mind!

Thank you for the kind words. They mean the world to me! Writing is something I love to do, so every bit of criticism/praise I get is extremely appreciated.
@HorrorFiend
Time to write: 30 minutes
Spellchecked/grammar checked: Myself
Words: ~340

She sat on a bench staring out into the plain field in front of her. It was dark and she was tired, but the stars captivated her attention. Soon, something else took priority. Was it... Music?

She blinked, and then she saw a giant structure in front of her. It looked like a beautiful circus, barren of performers. She was scared at first until her interest peaked.

Various colored dragons seemed to fade into view and begin a practiced routine on the equipment.

A blue and black Nocturne swung on a trapeze swing, a Coatl balanced plates on each of her limbs, and an Imperial was dressed in full Ring Master clothing. His deep voice boomed as he announced names, sparking jumps and flips from brightly dressed dragons.

She erupted into applause, cheering with enthusiasm.

"Alice?" someone behind her asked. She looked back at them. "What are you clapping for?"

She nearly began talking before looking back into the empty field.

"Guys?" she asked. "Guys?" she repeated, louder. She jogged into the field, attempting to urge the circus to come back.

The dragon grabbed her shoulder. She whipped her head back in despair, staring into their disappointed eyes.

"Let's go back to the den," they suggested. Alice nodded softly, tears welling in her eyes. She had seen them there. They were laughing and dancing and singing. They were just there, but they had gone somehow.

"I saw a circus," she mumbled.

Their eyes lit up in shock. "A circus?"

"Yeah, a circus. There was an Imperial and a Nocturne and a C-"

"Oh, Alice," they interrupted, shaking their head. "There was an accident. The train derailed... The circus is gone. You visited it as a hatchling. Remember?"

Alice's feathers perked up. "It's gone?"

"They're gone."

"It was just there!" she yelled frantically, attempting to turn back to the field.

"No, Alice," they said. "The circus is gone."

Even as she wandered home distraught, she swore she could still hear the slight tempo of music in the stale night air.

@HorrorFiend
Time to write: 30 minutes
Spellchecked/grammar checked: Myself
Words: ~340

She sat on a bench staring out into the plain field in front of her. It was dark and she was tired, but the stars captivated her attention. Soon, something else took priority. Was it... Music?

She blinked, and then she saw a giant structure in front of her. It looked like a beautiful circus, barren of performers. She was scared at first until her interest peaked.

Various colored dragons seemed to fade into view and begin a practiced routine on the equipment.

A blue and black Nocturne swung on a trapeze swing, a Coatl balanced plates on each of her limbs, and an Imperial was dressed in full Ring Master clothing. His deep voice boomed as he announced names, sparking jumps and flips from brightly dressed dragons.

She erupted into applause, cheering with enthusiasm.

"Alice?" someone behind her asked. She looked back at them. "What are you clapping for?"

She nearly began talking before looking back into the empty field.

"Guys?" she asked. "Guys?" she repeated, louder. She jogged into the field, attempting to urge the circus to come back.

The dragon grabbed her shoulder. She whipped her head back in despair, staring into their disappointed eyes.

"Let's go back to the den," they suggested. Alice nodded softly, tears welling in her eyes. She had seen them there. They were laughing and dancing and singing. They were just there, but they had gone somehow.

"I saw a circus," she mumbled.

Their eyes lit up in shock. "A circus?"

"Yeah, a circus. There was an Imperial and a Nocturne and a C-"

"Oh, Alice," they interrupted, shaking their head. "There was an accident. The train derailed... The circus is gone. You visited it as a hatchling. Remember?"

Alice's feathers perked up. "It's gone?"

"They're gone."

"It was just there!" she yelled frantically, attempting to turn back to the field.

"No, Alice," they said. "The circus is gone."

Even as she wandered home distraught, she swore she could still hear the slight tempo of music in the stale night air.

1 2