Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Star Dragons
[columns][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/6eb0/f/2018/193/4/8/stardragons_by_intimer_genetics_inc-dch1spj.png [/img] [nextcol][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13276414][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/132765/13276414.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=blue][size=5][b]Welcome to a clan of star travelers, citizen.[/size][/color] We'd say it's not often that we get visitors, but it's fairly rare that we're in one spot long enough to get one either way. We're more of a loosely affiliated guild of dragons than a single lair, if we're being honest. [b]What do we do?[/b] Our group was created as a sort of union, to make sure interstellar dragons are protected from abuse by shippers. We have starcharts and blacklists, and almanacs from hundreds of planets. We're very protective of our members, and very aware of our history. We fought a war for the rights we have now, and we're not eager to lose them again. [center][size=5][color=blue][i]Absolute and indestructible.[/i][/color][/size][/center] [b]You said space? As in, outer space?[/b] Yes, a few dragons around the system carry the gene that allows them to traverse the cold, unforgivable expanses of outer space without harm. The specifics of our biology are a trade secret, but rest assured we are not harmed by going into space. [b]How do you decide who joins the guild?[/b] There's no formal requirements, it simply happens to be which dragons travel a lot of the same routes and want some semblance of family. It's hard to keep in touch with your friends when you're tens of thousands of miles away from them, but the guild gives you a family. [center][size=5][color=blue][i]The sky is your best escape.[/i][/color][/size][/center] [b]Do you fight? Are you warriors?[/b] That majority of us are very nonviolent, and the rest only fight when they have a decided advantage. When you can take to the sky and escape to space where most other dragons can't, there's little reason to stay and fight and possibly be seriously injured. [b]Why are you on Sornieth?[/b] Sornieth happens to be a planet very central to many of our trading routes, so we all find ourselves here quite often. Not to mention, the local fauna are quite cute and it has a curious population of native dragons. It's nice to see some of your own kind. [center][size=5][color=blue][i]You crave the burning of a distant sun.[/i][/color][/size][/center] [b]Are you not from Sornieth, then?[/b] Some of us are, some of us aren't. Many of the dragons from Sornieth are capable of space traversal, but they've never tried. This planet is a fairly nice place to live, so few try to leave it. [b]Where are you from?[/b] All over. I know that's an empty answer, but it's truly the best I can give. There's dragons from Sornieth, from Earth. Dragons from Venus and Mars. We have some from systems lightyears away, who simply started running from something and found themselves here. You'd have to ask our individual guild members for a better answer. [center][size=5][color=blue][i]You will spend your whole life running.[/i][/color][/size][/center][/columns]
stardragons_by_intimer_genetics_inc-dch1spj.png
13276414.png
Welcome to a clan of star travelers, citizen.
We'd say it's not often that we get visitors, but it's fairly rare that we're in one spot long enough to get one either way. We're more of a loosely affiliated guild of dragons than a single lair, if we're being honest.

What do we do? Our group was created as a sort of union, to make sure interstellar dragons are protected from abuse by shippers. We have starcharts and blacklists, and almanacs from hundreds of planets. We're very protective of our members, and very aware of our history. We fought a war for the rights we have now, and we're not eager to lose them again.
Absolute and indestructible.

You said space? As in, outer space? Yes, a few dragons around the system carry the gene that allows them to traverse the cold, unforgivable expanses of outer space without harm. The specifics of our biology are a trade secret, but rest assured we are not harmed by going into space.

How do you decide who joins the guild? There's no formal requirements, it simply happens to be which dragons travel a lot of the same routes and want some semblance of family. It's hard to keep in touch with your friends when you're tens of thousands of miles away from them, but the guild gives you a family.
The sky is your best escape.

Do you fight? Are you warriors? That majority of us are very nonviolent, and the rest only fight when they have a decided advantage. When you can take to the sky and escape to space where most other dragons can't, there's little reason to stay and fight and possibly be seriously injured.

Why are you on Sornieth? Sornieth happens to be a planet very central to many of our trading routes, so we all find ourselves here quite often. Not to mention, the local fauna are quite cute and it has a curious population of native dragons. It's nice to see some of your own kind.
You crave the burning of a distant sun.

Are you not from Sornieth, then? Some of us are, some of us aren't. Many of the dragons from Sornieth are capable of space traversal, but they've never tried. This planet is a fairly nice place to live, so few try to leave it.

Where are you from? All over. I know that's an empty answer, but it's truly the best I can give. There's dragons from Sornieth, from Earth. Dragons from Venus and Mars. We have some from systems lightyears away, who simply started running from something and found themselves here. You'd have to ask our individual guild members for a better answer.
You will spend your whole life running.

dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
[center][img]https://imgur.com/yQj6zaj.png[/img][/center] ----- [size=6][b]Headcannons[/b][/size] My lore is a cross between flight rising's canon and my own original work's canon. It's not a canon story in either universe, as a result. [b]All Gen-Ones are born from dragons from other planets.[/b] Their parents are "unknown" because they were born off-world, and are not capable of tracing their parents back to someone on Sornieth. [b]Earth and Sornieth exist in the same universe.[/b] Sornieth is in a different solar system than earth, but they still both exist. As well, there are other inhabited planets around. [b]There are no humans on sornieth.[/b] While humans can travel through space with the help of dragons, Sornieth's "customs" ban humans coming onto the planet. While the occasional stow-away does happen, the local wildlife on Sornieth is aggressive enough that they don't last long. [b]Being able to go into space requires a specific set of traits which have been seen in most species of dragons.[/b] This means natural sornieth dragons can have children with this ability. It's not very obvious, and most don't know until they try if they can withstand space. There are famous lineages of space-faring dragons. [b]Gods only have control over their planet.[/b] This means life between planets can vary drastically based on its god. While my original story does not address the existence of god nor use magic, Sornieth does. [b]Magic comes from the gods.[/b] On every planet, in every system. If there are science-defying miracles, they were caused by godly intervention. [b]Sornieth dragons are more magical than dragons from other planets.[/b] Owing to their unique relationship with their panetheon, Sornieth dragons are more capable of using magic and calling upon miracles. [b]Sornieth magic fades the further a dragon gets from Sornieth.[/b] Because all magic comes from the gods, the further a dragon gets from their planet, the weaker their magic becomes. This also means dragons must possess the biological traits that would allow space-travel, rather than magic augmentation. [b]The existence of a God is unknown.[/b] There is no proof either way that a universal God, omniscient and omnipresent everywhere in the universe, exists. [b]Exaltation is eternal servitude.[/b] Being exalted is considered being sold into the slavery of the gods. While the clan sells dragons to be exalted, they themselves [i]rarely[/i] exalt from within their own ranks. ------ [size=6][b]Known Incorporated Universes[/b][/size] [b]IRL: [i]Earth System I[/i][/b]. The natural, normal earth. To them, dragons only exist in cryptobiology. Their god doesn't intervene directly, and only very rarely gives his unmistakable blessing to followers. [b]Flight Rising: [i]Sornieth System[/i][/b]. The dragons of Sornieth are very magical, worshipping eleven gods and fearing a creeping infection called "the shade". Their magic is frequently a balance between purity and corruption. [b]Beyond The Rockets: [i]Earth System II[/i][/b]. Their god is almost if not entirely absent, and this system is pretty much devoid of magic. Religion still exists, but it is considered fanatical. The dragons from this system tend to be massive and strong, making up for their lack of magical with physical power. [b]Alien: [i]Xenosystem[/i][/b]. A handful of planets known to contain dangerous, aberrant organisms. Dragons tend to avoid this system, because the monsters there can take down even a dragon with ease. [color=transparent]xxx [/color][b]Planets in the Xenosystem:[/b] [list][*][b]LV-426[/b] - A barren, rocky planet with a dormant alien hive growing in a crashed engineer ship. A single dead engineer is present in the ship. [*][b]Acheron[/b] - LV-426 post-Alien, this planet has a colony of humans unknowingly settled next to an alien hive. Has a human-breathable atmosphere. [*][b]LV-223[/b] - It was some sort of military base set up by the Engineers to develop biological weapons before they lost control of them. It appears to be a large, subterranean temple on an otherwise empty desert planet. It has massive mountains and valleys, with severe dust storms that fling silica shards sharp enough to strip a dragon. [/list]
yQj6zaj.png

Headcannons
My lore is a cross between flight rising's canon and my own original work's canon. It's not a canon story in either universe, as a result.

All Gen-Ones are born from dragons from other planets. Their parents are "unknown" because they were born off-world, and are not capable of tracing their parents back to someone on Sornieth.

Earth and Sornieth exist in the same universe. Sornieth is in a different solar system than earth, but they still both exist. As well, there are other inhabited planets around.

There are no humans on sornieth. While humans can travel through space with the help of dragons, Sornieth's "customs" ban humans coming onto the planet. While the occasional stow-away does happen, the local wildlife on Sornieth is aggressive enough that they don't last long.

Being able to go into space requires a specific set of traits which have been seen in most species of dragons. This means natural sornieth dragons can have children with this ability. It's not very obvious, and most don't know until they try if they can withstand space. There are famous lineages of space-faring dragons.

Gods only have control over their planet. This means life between planets can vary drastically based on its god. While my original story does not address the existence of god nor use magic, Sornieth does.

Magic comes from the gods. On every planet, in every system. If there are science-defying miracles, they were caused by godly intervention.

Sornieth dragons are more magical than dragons from other planets. Owing to their unique relationship with their panetheon, Sornieth dragons are more capable of using magic and calling upon miracles.

Sornieth magic fades the further a dragon gets from Sornieth. Because all magic comes from the gods, the further a dragon gets from their planet, the weaker their magic becomes. This also means dragons must possess the biological traits that would allow space-travel, rather than magic augmentation.

The existence of a God is unknown. There is no proof either way that a universal God, omniscient and omnipresent everywhere in the universe, exists.

Exaltation is eternal servitude. Being exalted is considered being sold into the slavery of the gods. While the clan sells dragons to be exalted, they themselves rarely exalt from within their own ranks.
Known Incorporated Universes
IRL: Earth System I. The natural, normal earth. To them, dragons only exist in cryptobiology. Their god doesn't intervene directly, and only very rarely gives his unmistakable blessing to followers.

Flight Rising: Sornieth System. The dragons of Sornieth are very magical, worshipping eleven gods and fearing a creeping infection called "the shade". Their magic is frequently a balance between purity and corruption.

Beyond The Rockets: Earth System II. Their god is almost if not entirely absent, and this system is pretty much devoid of magic. Religion still exists, but it is considered fanatical. The dragons from this system tend to be massive and strong, making up for their lack of magical with physical power.

Alien: Xenosystem. A handful of planets known to contain dangerous, aberrant organisms. Dragons tend to avoid this system, because the monsters there can take down even a dragon with ease.
xxx Planets in the Xenosystem:
  • LV-426 - A barren, rocky planet with a dormant alien hive growing in a crashed engineer ship. A single dead engineer is present in the ship.
  • Acheron - LV-426 post-Alien, this planet has a colony of humans unknowingly settled next to an alien hive. Has a human-breathable atmosphere.
  • LV-223 - It was some sort of military base set up by the Engineers to develop biological weapons before they lost control of them. It appears to be a large, subterranean temple on an otherwise empty desert planet. It has massive mountains and valleys, with severe dust storms that fling silica shards sharp enough to strip a dragon.

-
[size=6][b]THERE IS A CHURCH WHERE THE GODS DONT BELIEVE IN LIFE.[/B][/SIZE] Make sure that when you pray, you name who you are praying to. Because the prayers sent without a name can be heard by all, and there are some you don't want hearing you. [b]LIFE IS A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE[/B] The Exanimate Church has followers throughout the galaxy, but its churches are few and far between. Sornieth, however, has one on its nearer moon. The church is massive, made of dark, charred moon rock. It always appears always black and lifeless, despite the hundreds of dragons who work within its walls. No light can be seen from its hollow windows, no sound hear from its empty courtyards. [b]DO NOT SCREAM. DO NOT SLEEP. DEATH DOES NOT AWAIT YOU.[/B] While the dragons who work at the church are called "priests" and "priestesses", the split is not based on gender. Maybe it was, hundreds of years ago. But now it merely severs to split the dragons between those who have seen the truth, and those who aspire to it. Priests are awakened dragons, those who have seen the true face of the exanimate gods. [b]THE PRIESTESSES ARE YOUR LAST LINE OF DEFENSE.[/B] The priestesses still have their humanity, their empathy. They may work in a stone-dark church, but they have not forgotten what it means to be alive. They protect the living from the insatiable hunger of the exanimate gods and their awakened priests. That is, until they themselves look upon the face of the exanimate. [b]TO SEE THE EXANIMATE IS TO SEE DEATH WITHOUT LIFE.[/B] It is a common understanding that death gives life meaning; but what is death without life? What is a murderer without a victim? What is an apocalypse without a society? The exanimate gods may not believe in you, but their priests do. Don't attract their attention. [columns][CENTER][b]THE EXANIMATE PRIESTESSES[/b] [S]they protect you. beg for their forgiveness[/s] [img]https://imgur.com/JAM0GgB.png[/img] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [nextcol][center][b]THE EXANIMATE PRIESTS[/b] [s]they are a gnawing void. they will consume your still-beating heart[/s] [img]https://imgur.com/oBYIxkC.png[/img] [/columns] Priestess Code [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2481451#post_34210474][img]https://imgur.com/JAM0GgB.png[/img][/url][/code] Priest Code [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2481451#post_34210474][img]https://imgur.com/oBYIxkC.png[/img][/url][/code] ------ Outfits [outfit=1039424][outfit=1039439][outfit=1039453] ----- [center][item=Black-lipped Wolfsbane][item=Black-lipped Wolfsbane][item=Black-lipped Wolfsbane][item=Black-lipped Wolfsbane][item=Black-lipped Wolfsbane][/center]
THERE IS A CHURCH WHERE THE GODS DONT BELIEVE IN LIFE.

Make sure that when you pray, you name who you are praying to. Because the prayers sent without a name can be heard by all, and there are some you don't want hearing you.

LIFE IS A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE

The Exanimate Church has followers throughout the galaxy, but its churches are few and far between. Sornieth, however, has one on its nearer moon. The church is massive, made of dark, charred moon rock. It always appears always black and lifeless, despite the hundreds of dragons who work within its walls. No light can be seen from its hollow windows, no sound hear from its empty courtyards.

DO NOT SCREAM. DO NOT SLEEP. DEATH DOES NOT AWAIT YOU.

While the dragons who work at the church are called "priests" and "priestesses", the split is not based on gender. Maybe it was, hundreds of years ago. But now it merely severs to split the dragons between those who have seen the truth, and those who aspire to it. Priests are awakened dragons, those who have seen the true face of the exanimate gods.

THE PRIESTESSES ARE YOUR LAST LINE OF DEFENSE.

The priestesses still have their humanity, their empathy. They may work in a stone-dark church, but they have not forgotten what it means to be alive. They protect the living from the insatiable hunger of the exanimate gods and their awakened priests. That is, until they themselves look upon the face of the exanimate.

TO SEE THE EXANIMATE IS TO SEE DEATH WITHOUT LIFE.

It is a common understanding that death gives life meaning; but what is death without life? What is a murderer without a victim? What is an apocalypse without a society? The exanimate gods may not believe in you, but their priests do. Don't attract their attention.
THE EXANIMATE PRIESTESSES
they protect you. beg for their forgiveness
JAM0GgB.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
THE EXANIMATE PRIESTS
they are a gnawing void. they will consume your still-beating heart
oBYIxkC.png
Priestess Code
Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2481451#post_34210474][img]https://imgur.com/JAM0GgB.png[/img][/url]
Priest Code
Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2481451#post_34210474][img]https://imgur.com/oBYIxkC.png[/img][/url]

Outfits
Thorny Priestess
Decadent Priest
ExChurch Initiate

Black-lipped Wolfsbane Black-lipped Wolfsbane Black-lipped Wolfsbane Black-lipped Wolfsbane Black-lipped Wolfsbane
-
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13276415] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132765/13276415_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center][size=5][color=blue][i][b]Mokro[/b], warped and loved by the void.[/i][/color][/size][/center] Mokro has been Sliver's travelling companion since the beginning of time. What he looked like years ago, no one knows. But Mokro's preference for deep-space travels has left him warped and changed by his experiences. He has seen too many gods, and seen not enough of them. His body has been warped by the experiences of his mind. He also became fanatically religious upon landing on Sornieth, though he preferred to use his newfound magic to cast curses. Mokro enchants flower petals with blessings, that when used cause an equal amount of flower petals to appear in his victim's mouth. Wish for a brighter day, and you may cough up a petal or two. Wish for all the money in the world, and you'll choke to death on petals. He sees it as a cosmic recompense for the greed of his former employers.

13276415_350.png
Mokro, warped and loved by the void.

Mokro has been Sliver's travelling companion since the beginning of time. What he looked like years ago, no one knows. But Mokro's preference for deep-space travels has left him warped and changed by his experiences. He has seen too many gods, and seen not enough of them. His body has been warped by the experiences of his mind.

He also became fanatically religious upon landing on Sornieth, though he preferred to use his newfound magic to cast curses. Mokro enchants flower petals with blessings, that when used cause an equal amount of flower petals to appear in his victim's mouth. Wish for a brighter day, and you may cough up a petal or two. Wish for all the money in the world, and you'll choke to death on petals. He sees it as a cosmic recompense for the greed of his former employers.
-
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14432622] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/144327/14432622_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center][size=5][color=blue][i]There's a magic in these wires, [b]Tor[/b].[/i][/color][/size][/center] Though Tor can trace her parents back to a now-exalted couple on Sornieth, she has spent most of her time on other planets. Tor has a taste for cyberpunk, spending the majority of her time in high-tech ports, staring at screens and betting on robots. She feels little connection to the "nature magic" of Sornieth, strongly preferring the electric hum of a television screen. She has found some solace with the lightning flight, but she finds their overwhelming desire to be productive both limiting and boring. Still though, when she lands on Sornieth she always pays them a visit. Who knows, they may have a new technology for her to sell.

14432622_350.png
There's a magic in these wires, Tor.

Though Tor can trace her parents back to a now-exalted couple on Sornieth, she has spent most of her time on other planets. Tor has a taste for cyberpunk, spending the majority of her time in high-tech ports, staring at screens and betting on robots. She feels little connection to the "nature magic" of Sornieth, strongly preferring the electric hum of a television screen.

She has found some solace with the lightning flight, but she finds their overwhelming desire to be productive both limiting and boring. Still though, when she lands on Sornieth she always pays them a visit. Who knows, they may have a new technology for her to sell.
-
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20788379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/207884/20788379_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center][size=5][color=blue][i]You're an abomination, [b]Eldritch[/b].[/i][/color][/size][/center] There are unholy things in this universe. Planets with gods as dark as space, cold and cruel and warping. Eldritch, like Mokro, may have left Sornieth a normal dragon. But he did not return one. He walks, with eyes as black as pitch, hungry and cold. But not dumb, never dumb. The void did not destroy his intellect, but improve it. Eldritch is as smart as he is cruel. Why let him join the guild, then? Why let a monster into your family? Because monstrous though he may be, he is still sentient. He is, to use another phrase, still human. He is cruel, yes, but he is not without love. And he extends kindness and consideration to his guildmates, as much as they deserve.

20788379_350.png
You're an abomination, Eldritch.

There are unholy things in this universe. Planets with gods as dark as space, cold and cruel and warping. Eldritch, like Mokro, may have left Sornieth a normal dragon. But he did not return one. He walks, with eyes as black as pitch, hungry and cold. But not dumb, never dumb. The void did not destroy his intellect, but improve it. Eldritch is as smart as he is cruel.

Why let him join the guild, then? Why let a monster into your family? Because monstrous though he may be, he is still sentient. He is, to use another phrase, still human. He is cruel, yes, but he is not without love. And he extends kindness and consideration to his guildmates, as much as they deserve.
-
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13333995] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/133340/13333995_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center][size=5][color=blue][i]Mind the infection, [b]Dracostatic[/b].[/i][/color][/size][/center] Another resident of Sornieth warped by his adventures in space. This one picked up a strange infection, a rainbow of plant-like branches growing from his back. He can still fly, but only within the reach of Sornieth's magic. Once in space, he depends on the plants to create the energy his wings would usually do. However, Dracostatic doesn't seem at all phased by his new friends. He seems rather enchanted, honestly. It makes him unique, and they sure are a talking piece. Dracostatic also joined the guild quite early on, as an adventuring partner of Mokro's. They both traveled through space, to planets with gods quite different from our own.

13333995_350.png
Mind the infection, Dracostatic.

Another resident of Sornieth warped by his adventures in space. This one picked up a strange infection, a rainbow of plant-like branches growing from his back. He can still fly, but only within the reach of Sornieth's magic. Once in space, he depends on the plants to create the energy his wings would usually do.

However, Dracostatic doesn't seem at all phased by his new friends. He seems rather enchanted, honestly. It makes him unique, and they sure are a talking piece. Dracostatic also joined the guild quite early on, as an adventuring partner of Mokro's. They both traveled through space, to planets with gods quite different from our own.
-
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42699288] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/426993/42699288_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center][size=5][color=blue][i]You are both protector and betrayer, [b]Praetorian[/b].[/i][/color][/size][/center] The vile foddermater, Praetorian oversees the breeding and training of all new fodder. They are not sure where he came from, only that he is especially effective at convincing reluctant hatchlings to do their exercises. Though he and his queen have been implicated in the growing xenomorph infection spreading across the galaxy, neither of them will admit to any wrongdoing. [/columns] ----- [b]Selling fodder[/b] is a vital part of the clan's operation. Due to Sornieth's plentiful food supply, it's easy for the lazier members of the clan to do nothing but sit around and lay eggs, much like chickens. Everyone in the clan who doesn't have a primary or secondary basic gene breeds as frequently as they are able. Such children are generally messy and unpredictable, but are tutored and raised to be ideal soldiers for other clans. The Star Dragons don't exalt from within their own ranks, as it's significantly more profitable to sell soldiers than exalt them themselves. Only Praetorian's own children get exalted from within the clan. Every child bred intentionally to be fodder is called a [b]Slozh[/b], which is the word "exalt" rot-14 shifted. The name is sometimes used as an insult among the clan towards established members, but otherwise they are generally treated with respect. Slozhies generally spend under a week in the clan from birth to selling, so they rarely make friends with others. They face their fate with equanimity, understanding their important and vital place within the clan's economy. Some respect the gods more than others in the clan, but most are just looking forwards to fighting.

42699288_350.png
You are both protector and betrayer, Praetorian.

The vile foddermater, Praetorian oversees the breeding and training of all new fodder. They are not sure where he came from, only that he is especially effective at convincing reluctant hatchlings to do their exercises.

Though he and his queen have been implicated in the growing xenomorph infection spreading across the galaxy, neither of them will admit to any wrongdoing.

Selling fodder is a vital part of the clan's operation. Due to Sornieth's plentiful food supply, it's easy for the lazier members of the clan to do nothing but sit around and lay eggs, much like chickens. Everyone in the clan who doesn't have a primary or secondary basic gene breeds as frequently as they are able. Such children are generally messy and unpredictable, but are tutored and raised to be ideal soldiers for other clans. The Star Dragons don't exalt from within their own ranks, as it's significantly more profitable to sell soldiers than exalt them themselves. Only Praetorian's own children get exalted from within the clan.

Every child bred intentionally to be fodder is called a Slozh, which is the word "exalt" rot-14 shifted. The name is sometimes used as an insult among the clan towards established members, but otherwise they are generally treated with respect. Slozhies generally spend under a week in the clan from birth to selling, so they rarely make friends with others. They face their fate with equanimity, understanding their important and vital place within the clan's economy. Some respect the gods more than others in the clan, but most are just looking forwards to fighting.
-
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13276414] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132765/13276414_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center][size=5][color=blue][i]A [b]Sliver[/b] of hope is all it takes.[/i][/color][/size][/center] The matriarch, the queen, the empress, the unbowed. Sliver started the guild as a way to create a family. Interstellar travel and shipping is hard, lonesome work, and she wanted a group that she could always look forward to seeing. Though she no longer does interstellar work often at all, she makes sure the dragons of her guild always have a home. Upon landing on Sornieth, she felt an immediate and powerful connection to its gods. Though her parents were dragons from a far away planet, that didn't stop the planet from accepting her as one of its own. So she began to build a space port, under the name of the Matter Guild. Sornieth had the added benefit of being far away from the war going on on Earth.

13276414_350.png
A Sliver of hope is all it takes.
The matriarch, the queen, the empress, the unbowed. Sliver started the guild as a way to create a family. Interstellar travel and shipping is hard, lonesome work, and she wanted a group that she could always look forward to seeing. Though she no longer does interstellar work often at all, she makes sure the dragons of her guild always have a home.

Upon landing on Sornieth, she felt an immediate and powerful connection to its gods. Though her parents were dragons from a far away planet, that didn't stop the planet from accepting her as one of its own. So she began to build a space port, under the name of the Matter Guild. Sornieth had the added benefit of being far away from the war going on on Earth.
-
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/c9c7/f/2018/323/1/2/wax_seal___33copy_by_intimer_genetics_inc-dcsdx0c.png[/img] [size=6]THE SYMBOL OF FROZEN SPACE[/size] The star dragons take a modified ice symbol as their sigil. Based around the Icewarden's size ppointed snowflake sigil, theirs is modified to represent their space-faring nature. It is simple, recognizable, and universal among all of the space dragons. They follow the icewarden on sornieth because he best represents the icy, unforgiving cold of space. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/ice_small.png[/img] ----- [columns][center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=160158][img]https://imgur.com/FVcyHbP.png[/img][/url][/center][nextcol][code][center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=160158][img]https://imgur.com/FVcyHbP.png[/img][/url][/center][/code][/columns]
wax_seal___33copy_by_intimer_genetics_inc-dcsdx0c.png

THE SYMBOL OF FROZEN SPACE

The star dragons take a modified ice symbol as their sigil. Based around the Icewarden's size ppointed snowflake sigil, theirs is modified to represent their space-faring nature. It is simple, recognizable, and universal among all of the space dragons. They follow the icewarden on sornieth because he best represents the icy, unforgiving cold of space.
ice_small.png
FVcyHbP.png
Code:
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=160158][img]https://imgur.com/FVcyHbP.png[/img][/url][/center]
-