Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lore critique/discussion
Hey! I'm looking for someone/multiple people who would be willing to look over some of dragons' lore and maybe give some helpful critique/insights on how I could improve them, what I'm doing right, what I'm doing wrong, etc. I'm willing to do the same for anyone else who might want it for their lairs in return, or pay a small treasure/gem tip.

For anyone who's interested, my clan is called the Hexwood clan. We're very Nature-oriented and generally peaceful, living in harmony with nature. We take in abandoned hatchlings and really anyone who might want to join us and can reasonably worship the Gladekeeper.

Most of my dragons are WIPs, the ones with lore are Wicker, Dryad, Ajax, Andromeda, Grime, Valentine, Asami, Cosmo, Waver, Lockjaw, Foxglove, and Sviarr. Sorry for the mixed bio templates, it took me a while to decide on one I liked, and I haven't updated them all yet. Thanks in advance!
Hey! I'm looking for someone/multiple people who would be willing to look over some of dragons' lore and maybe give some helpful critique/insights on how I could improve them, what I'm doing right, what I'm doing wrong, etc. I'm willing to do the same for anyone else who might want it for their lairs in return, or pay a small treasure/gem tip.

For anyone who's interested, my clan is called the Hexwood clan. We're very Nature-oriented and generally peaceful, living in harmony with nature. We take in abandoned hatchlings and really anyone who might want to join us and can reasonably worship the Gladekeeper.

Most of my dragons are WIPs, the ones with lore are Wicker, Dryad, Ajax, Andromeda, Grime, Valentine, Asami, Cosmo, Waver, Lockjaw, Foxglove, and Sviarr. Sorry for the mixed bio templates, it took me a while to decide on one I liked, and I haven't updated them all yet. Thanks in advance!
X2zHOgU.png
@gooeybear aH I like your bios! they're pretty short, to the point, and easy to read.

Just some bits to point out, some suggestions and comments as well:
  • I think there are a few mistakes in Wicker's bio? like 'form' to 'from'.
  • I love Grim oh my gosh a wrestling bog lady? best.
  • this sentence was a bit confusing at first: '
    Grime runs and is the bartender at the local tavern', maybe consider 'Grime is the owner and sole bartender of the local tavern' instead?
  • wh. why does Grime dislike knees.
  • Asami and Korra are definitely fandragons (ayyy Avatar)! fandragons aren't easy to incorporate into lore so kudos
  • noticed that a lot of your dragons have just one like or dislike. Maybe consider just adding more? complex ones? to add depth or something idk
  • also big mood tbh my dragons have extended bios and lore as well. maybe link google docs? so it's easier for people who want to read them :V
  • 'Lockjaw's main goals in life are just to get paid and not die.' can i just. can i just say that i love this line. so much. it's 11.40pm where i am right now and i have this ridiculous grin on my face. get paid and not die.
  • i like the little avatars and labels in Foxglove's bio! it can help keep track of the dragons and their relationships in the lair. linking names also helps tbh
  • I want to go back to Lockjaw's bio oh man I like how it shows that she. just has these straightforward goals. very no nonsense. I love it so much.

hey all in all i think it's pretty solid lore. maybe some general clan lore in your clan profile or wicker/dryad's bios would help to tie everything together, but tbh what you have doesn't seem at all cluttered or messy and I like that your bios are pretty good summaries of your dragons!

if you want my dergs have bios too, but theirs are just....,.,all over the place. and I have a lot of dragons and lore so that's totally up to you
@gooeybear aH I like your bios! they're pretty short, to the point, and easy to read.

Just some bits to point out, some suggestions and comments as well:
  • I think there are a few mistakes in Wicker's bio? like 'form' to 'from'.
  • I love Grim oh my gosh a wrestling bog lady? best.
  • this sentence was a bit confusing at first: '
    Grime runs and is the bartender at the local tavern', maybe consider 'Grime is the owner and sole bartender of the local tavern' instead?
  • wh. why does Grime dislike knees.
  • Asami and Korra are definitely fandragons (ayyy Avatar)! fandragons aren't easy to incorporate into lore so kudos
  • noticed that a lot of your dragons have just one like or dislike. Maybe consider just adding more? complex ones? to add depth or something idk
  • also big mood tbh my dragons have extended bios and lore as well. maybe link google docs? so it's easier for people who want to read them :V
  • 'Lockjaw's main goals in life are just to get paid and not die.' can i just. can i just say that i love this line. so much. it's 11.40pm where i am right now and i have this ridiculous grin on my face. get paid and not die.
  • i like the little avatars and labels in Foxglove's bio! it can help keep track of the dragons and their relationships in the lair. linking names also helps tbh
  • I want to go back to Lockjaw's bio oh man I like how it shows that she. just has these straightforward goals. very no nonsense. I love it so much.

hey all in all i think it's pretty solid lore. maybe some general clan lore in your clan profile or wicker/dryad's bios would help to tie everything together, but tbh what you have doesn't seem at all cluttered or messy and I like that your bios are pretty good summaries of your dragons!

if you want my dergs have bios too, but theirs are just....,.,all over the place. and I have a lot of dragons and lore so that's totally up to you
tumblr_o8jld6tRHZ1tv56zio6_250.png __
>> hatchery
>> lore aesthetics shop
@shanncrafter

Thanks so much for taking the time to read all my lore! And thank you for all the suggestions and compliments!

I just fixed up the typos you found in Wicker's bio, thanks for pointing that out, it should be fine now.

I also changed up the first sentence in Grime's bio to make more sense. (Grime is actually based on Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so if you've seen that that explains a lot of her personality and traits.)

I actually would love to incorporate more likes and dislikes for my dragons, but A. I find it really hard to come up with them, which makes me worried about how much I've actually developed my dragons, and B. the bio template I use only allows for one like and one dislike per dragon, and I really like everything else about the template I'm using.

That's a really good idea to link to google docs for extended bios, I think I'll do that. Maybe also use it as a place for more likes/dislikes?

lol yeah Lockjaw's one of my favorites in terms of bios. Glad you like her!

As for you, would you like some kind of tip or constructive criticism on your lair from me? Or anything at all?

Thank you so much again!
@shanncrafter

Thanks so much for taking the time to read all my lore! And thank you for all the suggestions and compliments!

I just fixed up the typos you found in Wicker's bio, thanks for pointing that out, it should be fine now.

I also changed up the first sentence in Grime's bio to make more sense. (Grime is actually based on Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so if you've seen that that explains a lot of her personality and traits.)

I actually would love to incorporate more likes and dislikes for my dragons, but A. I find it really hard to come up with them, which makes me worried about how much I've actually developed my dragons, and B. the bio template I use only allows for one like and one dislike per dragon, and I really like everything else about the template I'm using.

That's a really good idea to link to google docs for extended bios, I think I'll do that. Maybe also use it as a place for more likes/dislikes?

lol yeah Lockjaw's one of my favorites in terms of bios. Glad you like her!

As for you, would you like some kind of tip or constructive criticism on your lair from me? Or anything at all?

Thank you so much again!
X2zHOgU.png
@syrups no problem!

(tbh I've been meaning to get into It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but I have pretty major exams at the end of the year so it's in my to-watch list :p)

Yeah the google docs thing is pretty useful! You can definitely extend the like/dislike thing there and probably add more to their backstories too. As for coming up with them you can probably explore their flaws as well!

I'd love some concrit if you have the time! My lore is still very much a WIP and a jumble of bio codes but my clan leaders and a few other dragons in my lair (mostly on the first and last pages) have finished bios! I have... a lot of dragons so you can probably just click around the first and last pages. hehe sorry it's not very organised :p

thank you!
@syrups no problem!

(tbh I've been meaning to get into It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but I have pretty major exams at the end of the year so it's in my to-watch list :p)

Yeah the google docs thing is pretty useful! You can definitely extend the like/dislike thing there and probably add more to their backstories too. As for coming up with them you can probably explore their flaws as well!

I'd love some concrit if you have the time! My lore is still very much a WIP and a jumble of bio codes but my clan leaders and a few other dragons in my lair (mostly on the first and last pages) have finished bios! I have... a lot of dragons so you can probably just click around the first and last pages. hehe sorry it's not very organised :p

thank you!
>> hatchery
>> lore aesthetics shop
@shanncrafter

I love how your bios are written, they're poetic and they way they're worded is moving, to say the least.

You have a lot of good protector dragons, and they seem very violent. This obviously isn't a bad thing, it's just not something I usually do with my dragons. It works really well in your lair, tho. That seems to be a theme among Plague lairs. I like to keep my clan's lore pretty light and happy, maybe because I'm in Nature. Just something to think about, I guess.

I also really like how much Plague-related lore you have in your dragons' lore, I'm learning a lot about Plague and your Plague headcanons just from your bios.

Seien's bio is so sweet, especially the last sentence. He's so devoted to his mate!

I'm sorry I can't offer much critique, I can't really find much wrong with your lair!
@shanncrafter

I love how your bios are written, they're poetic and they way they're worded is moving, to say the least.

You have a lot of good protector dragons, and they seem very violent. This obviously isn't a bad thing, it's just not something I usually do with my dragons. It works really well in your lair, tho. That seems to be a theme among Plague lairs. I like to keep my clan's lore pretty light and happy, maybe because I'm in Nature. Just something to think about, I guess.

I also really like how much Plague-related lore you have in your dragons' lore, I'm learning a lot about Plague and your Plague headcanons just from your bios.

Seien's bio is so sweet, especially the last sentence. He's so devoted to his mate!

I'm sorry I can't offer much critique, I can't really find much wrong with your lair!
X2zHOgU.png
@gooeybear aCKK crAP I'm so sorry I must've missed the ping! thank you so much :) Also I probably have too many protective dragons but it's a trope I'm in love with, oops

Also if you have a lore pinglist/fr tumblr, I'd love to hear more about your clan!

edit: oops could I send you a friend request? :>
@gooeybear aCKK crAP I'm so sorry I must've missed the ping! thank you so much :) Also I probably have too many protective dragons but it's a trope I'm in love with, oops

Also if you have a lore pinglist/fr tumblr, I'd love to hear more about your clan!

edit: oops could I send you a friend request? :>
>> hatchery
>> lore aesthetics shop
I can help if you're still looking for someone to help out?
I can help if you're still looking for someone to help out?
Lore Shop.
Call me Mondo. He/him pronouns please.
Click the Melon!sumerween_gif.gif
@shanncrafter

sure you can send me a friend request! And I don’t have a lore thread/fr tumblr but I have been thinking about making one, I’ll be sure to let you know if I do!

@RisingShade

absolutely! If you’re up to it, hit me with some comments and constructive criticism!
@shanncrafter

sure you can send me a friend request! And I don’t have a lore thread/fr tumblr but I have been thinking about making one, I’ll be sure to let you know if I do!

@RisingShade

absolutely! If you’re up to it, hit me with some comments and constructive criticism!
X2zHOgU.png
@gooeybear
Oh I love doing this :D
I ended up read most of your bios and I really like them!
I love Wiker and Dryad’s lore so much maybe that’s just cause I’m weak for lesbians,, but still very lovely personalities and dynamic!
I also really love Waver he such a complex character very well done!

All I can say for critiques is that some of your sentences could be worded better but I can’t find an overarching fix for the sentences. If you’d like me to go through and tell you some fixes I can if you want to pm me? But it’s not entirely necessary though cause your lore is still really great! :)

(You can attempt to read my lore if you want? It’s kinda a mess though I’ve written for most of my dragons but is all their lore in their bios?? Do all of them have formatting?? No,,)
@gooeybear
Oh I love doing this :D
I ended up read most of your bios and I really like them!
I love Wiker and Dryad’s lore so much maybe that’s just cause I’m weak for lesbians,, but still very lovely personalities and dynamic!
I also really love Waver he such a complex character very well done!

All I can say for critiques is that some of your sentences could be worded better but I can’t find an overarching fix for the sentences. If you’d like me to go through and tell you some fixes I can if you want to pm me? But it’s not entirely necessary though cause your lore is still really great! :)

(You can attempt to read my lore if you want? It’s kinda a mess though I’ve written for most of my dragons but is all their lore in their bios?? Do all of them have formatting?? No,,)
______________________________ icef2.png
tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
It's amazing
It's amazing
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png