Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Not-So-Creepypasta [Non FR]
Hey! So, I was clicking through my doc files the other day and I found a document I haven't seen in a while. I've been thinking about finishing it off since the premise looks p interesting even if it is an OC AU fanfic like I think it is but I wanted to get some opinions on this first bit! I'll post some more if you guys are interested :D
There’s Something Living in the Scrapyard Near My House

April 19th, 2017, 5:24pm

I don’t know how these kinds of posts should begin, so I’ll start with a short introduction. I won’t give specifics just in case this site is heavily monitored, but my name, at least my first initial, is H. I am 16 years old, female and I live in a small town in a country famous for its tiny, flightless birds. My Mom works as a security guard at my town’s local mall, and my Dad’s away a lot on business. He’s a foreign correspondent for one of our national news programs. I live on the outskirts of town, near a large, disused scrapyard. The name on the sign at the front of the place is faded, but I can still see the metal cut out of a man holding a wrench from my bedroom window. My Mom said it closed down a long time ago. Not enough business, apparently. It’s good I guess, since we don’t get disturbed by any machines crushing metal at all hours of the day and night. Funny thing is though…I hear noises exactly like that. Well, they aren’t crushing noises so much as ripping and tearing ones. It’s like some large beast is gorging on whatever metal salvage still exists. It’s almost surreal. It’s been like that ever since a meteorite crashed landed there a couple of months ago. It left a huge crater and chunks of debris, or so my Mom said. I didn’t watch the news reports about it.

The noises are the worst at dusk; when I’ve had dinner, finished my homework for the day and settled in for some chill time before bed. They scare me. They scare me because no one else will admit that they can hear them too. I’ve asked Mom, but she just looks at me weirdly and tells me to stop playing pretend. I’ve asked my friends at school too, and they say the same thing; that they don’t hear anything. They think I might have tinnitus. Yunno, that ear thing where you hear this constant ringing noise? I’m a bit of an outcast at school anyways, so I wasn’t surprised when my even friends didn’t believe me.

I’ve started not caring about them though. I KNOW I can hear those noises each and every night; the crunching echoes through my windowpanes and I can’t do anything to stop it. I’ve tried tuning my radio to white noise but it doesn’t work. I’m not crazy, and I’m not on any medication, so they have to be real! There’s something living in that scrapyard, and I’m going to find out what it is no matter what.
Hey! So, I was clicking through my doc files the other day and I found a document I haven't seen in a while. I've been thinking about finishing it off since the premise looks p interesting even if it is an OC AU fanfic like I think it is but I wanted to get some opinions on this first bit! I'll post some more if you guys are interested :D
There’s Something Living in the Scrapyard Near My House

April 19th, 2017, 5:24pm

I don’t know how these kinds of posts should begin, so I’ll start with a short introduction. I won’t give specifics just in case this site is heavily monitored, but my name, at least my first initial, is H. I am 16 years old, female and I live in a small town in a country famous for its tiny, flightless birds. My Mom works as a security guard at my town’s local mall, and my Dad’s away a lot on business. He’s a foreign correspondent for one of our national news programs. I live on the outskirts of town, near a large, disused scrapyard. The name on the sign at the front of the place is faded, but I can still see the metal cut out of a man holding a wrench from my bedroom window. My Mom said it closed down a long time ago. Not enough business, apparently. It’s good I guess, since we don’t get disturbed by any machines crushing metal at all hours of the day and night. Funny thing is though…I hear noises exactly like that. Well, they aren’t crushing noises so much as ripping and tearing ones. It’s like some large beast is gorging on whatever metal salvage still exists. It’s almost surreal. It’s been like that ever since a meteorite crashed landed there a couple of months ago. It left a huge crater and chunks of debris, or so my Mom said. I didn’t watch the news reports about it.

The noises are the worst at dusk; when I’ve had dinner, finished my homework for the day and settled in for some chill time before bed. They scare me. They scare me because no one else will admit that they can hear them too. I’ve asked Mom, but she just looks at me weirdly and tells me to stop playing pretend. I’ve asked my friends at school too, and they say the same thing; that they don’t hear anything. They think I might have tinnitus. Yunno, that ear thing where you hear this constant ringing noise? I’m a bit of an outcast at school anyways, so I wasn’t surprised when my even friends didn’t believe me.

I’ve started not caring about them though. I KNOW I can hear those noises each and every night; the crunching echoes through my windowpanes and I can’t do anything to stop it. I’ve tried tuning my radio to white noise but it doesn’t work. I’m not crazy, and I’m not on any medication, so they have to be real! There’s something living in that scrapyard, and I’m going to find out what it is no matter what.
@Skydust

Honestly its a very good start and can honestly go in a very good direction
The format of diary entries, while used a lot, can work incredibly well for this (as long as you stay in character)
This is an interesting premise and Id love to see where it goes
I love creepy stories
^-^
@Skydust

Honestly its a very good start and can honestly go in a very good direction
The format of diary entries, while used a lot, can work incredibly well for this (as long as you stay in character)
This is an interesting premise and Id love to see where it goes
I love creepy stories
^-^
I've decided to post some more because I found a lot cx Definitely considering finishing it. You guys are welcome to guess the fandom if you want! I read ahead a bit more ^^ I'll give the first person like a few gems or some food if you're right.
Update: April 22nd, 2017, 1:14pm

According to my Mom’s work colleagues, the crater left behind by the meteorite is still there, but the media circus around it has died down. I’ve asked Mom more about the news reports, and she told me all she could remember. She said the police went to investigate after the neighborhood complained about a massive crashing noise late one night. She said it must’ve burned up in the atmosphere, because all they found was a crater and bits of debris. She said that it had to be a large meteorite because it smashed the east side of the chain link fence with the impact. After they finished the initial investigation, Mom said the local council pitched in to rebuild it.

I can hear the noises I’m typing this. The sound of metal meeting metal in that horrible grinding way makes me feel like my eardrums are bleeding. I can’t take this anymore. I have to go and investigate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: April 23rd, 2017, 2:30pm

I forgot mention yesterday that I’m not supposed to go to the scrapyard. None of us kids are. Mom, like most of the grown-ups in town, says it’s dangerous. They say us kids might get tetanus or something, even more so now that the crater’s there. There’s police tape everywhere across the gate. It’s a necessary risk though, something I have to do to prove to everyone that I’m not crazy. I mentioned the noises at school today, but everyone laughed at me and called me weird. Even my teacher wouldn’t believe me…he just told me to stop daydreaming and concentrate on calculus. I’m going to get to the bottom of this, once and for all. I’m NOT crazy.

The noises are quieter tonight. Maybe whatever it is in there is running out of food? I’ll find out pretty soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: April 24th, 2017, 5:54pm

I’ve decided I’m gonna take Dad’s old camera with me on Friday when Mom thinks I’m at school. That way, all I have to do is keep track of the time on my watch. I walk past the scrapyard every day on my way to school so no one will notice if I slip around the tape. Dad’s old camera isn’t too heavy either and it’s got a strap I can wear around my neck if I have to do any climbing. It’s a KODAK PIXPRO Compact System S-1 with a 3-inch LCD display. It’s not ancient, but it’s not the most up to date model either. I do know it was pretty expensive to buy (and if these Amazon carts are right it’s still expensive) so I gotta be careful with it. It’s waterproof, shockproof and perfect for the task at hand though! Dad gave it to me last year as a belated birthday gift and I’m still learning how to use it. I hope it can handle whatever it is I’m about to face. Heck, I hope I don’t chicken out! I’m not exactly famed for bravery haha. Gosh, I hope there aren’t any spiders either. I HATE spiders.

I don’t here any noises tonight. This might just be my over active imagination, but I swear…when I look at the gates to that scrapyard the whole place stares back at me.
I've decided to post some more because I found a lot cx Definitely considering finishing it. You guys are welcome to guess the fandom if you want! I read ahead a bit more ^^ I'll give the first person like a few gems or some food if you're right.
Update: April 22nd, 2017, 1:14pm

According to my Mom’s work colleagues, the crater left behind by the meteorite is still there, but the media circus around it has died down. I’ve asked Mom more about the news reports, and she told me all she could remember. She said the police went to investigate after the neighborhood complained about a massive crashing noise late one night. She said it must’ve burned up in the atmosphere, because all they found was a crater and bits of debris. She said that it had to be a large meteorite because it smashed the east side of the chain link fence with the impact. After they finished the initial investigation, Mom said the local council pitched in to rebuild it.

I can hear the noises I’m typing this. The sound of metal meeting metal in that horrible grinding way makes me feel like my eardrums are bleeding. I can’t take this anymore. I have to go and investigate.
Update: April 23rd, 2017, 2:30pm

I forgot mention yesterday that I’m not supposed to go to the scrapyard. None of us kids are. Mom, like most of the grown-ups in town, says it’s dangerous. They say us kids might get tetanus or something, even more so now that the crater’s there. There’s police tape everywhere across the gate. It’s a necessary risk though, something I have to do to prove to everyone that I’m not crazy. I mentioned the noises at school today, but everyone laughed at me and called me weird. Even my teacher wouldn’t believe me…he just told me to stop daydreaming and concentrate on calculus. I’m going to get to the bottom of this, once and for all. I’m NOT crazy.

The noises are quieter tonight. Maybe whatever it is in there is running out of food? I’ll find out pretty soon.
Update: April 24th, 2017, 5:54pm

I’ve decided I’m gonna take Dad’s old camera with me on Friday when Mom thinks I’m at school. That way, all I have to do is keep track of the time on my watch. I walk past the scrapyard every day on my way to school so no one will notice if I slip around the tape. Dad’s old camera isn’t too heavy either and it’s got a strap I can wear around my neck if I have to do any climbing. It’s a KODAK PIXPRO Compact System S-1 with a 3-inch LCD display. It’s not ancient, but it’s not the most up to date model either. I do know it was pretty expensive to buy (and if these Amazon carts are right it’s still expensive) so I gotta be careful with it. It’s waterproof, shockproof and perfect for the task at hand though! Dad gave it to me last year as a belated birthday gift and I’m still learning how to use it. I hope it can handle whatever it is I’m about to face. Heck, I hope I don’t chicken out! I’m not exactly famed for bravery haha. Gosh, I hope there aren’t any spiders either. I HATE spiders.

I don’t here any noises tonight. This might just be my over active imagination, but I swear…when I look at the gates to that scrapyard the whole place stares back at me.
Update: April 29th, 2017, 12:35am

It’s really late at night when I’m typing this, so I’m sorry if I sound tired or make any grammar errors. Mom would kill me if she found me awake. Anyways, I thought I’d post an update. I went to the scrapyard today…well yesterday now. I’m sorry there aren’t any pictures, but I’ll explain that in a moment. I’m also sorry for the long post!

I left for school like I normally would; bag packed with everything for school to lower Mom’s suspicions. I took Dad’s camera, hung it around my neck, and gave the excuse that I had to bring it for a hobby workshop during lunch. Mom bought the excuse, and after I said goodbye I walked the same route I always took to school until I got close to the scrapyard. I checked to see if anyone was around. They’d stopped investigating the meteorite incident a couple of weeks ago, so I was glad to see no police patrols. There wasn’t anyone I knew from school walking nearby, or any cars on the road either, so I snuck underneath the tape and squeezed myself through a hole under the gate. It wasn’t too hard since I’m quite petite, but the hem of my school skirt got caught and it ripped a little when I tugged at it. It made me a little mad but I decided to fix it when I got home. Instead I stood up, brushed myself off, and hid behind a pile of car parts out of sight when I heard footsteps. After they faded, I crept out from my hiding place and began my exploration.

For the most part it looked like a normal scrapyard, bits of metal here and there, old cars, a shack where the employees would sit and do paperwork. There were a few containers too, rusted and worn, and an old crane with a claw that was hovering over one of the cars. I took pictures of it all…until I came to the pile.

The sight confused me so much I almost dropped the camera. Instead of being face to face with a crater like I’d expected, I faced a shiny mountain of metal. The entire thing had been filled in with bits of scrap from all over the yard, most noticeably tyre rims and shredded rubber. There were old washing machines with their guts ripped out, car bodies missing their chassis…if the scrapyard was the cemetery, this pile was the main mausoleum. I made my first mistake by removing the camera from around my neck to get better shots. My second mistake? Letting my mind boggle trying to determine who or what could have made such a thing. I didn’t notice the shadow looming above me until it was too late.

I felt the impact before I saw what caused it. Sprawled in the dirt I couldn’t see much of anything, at least until I rolled onto my back. Standing above me was…a dog. A frickin dog. It looked like a light grey and white husky, about a year old, and it had a pink collar on. I don’t know why anyone would let their dog loose in an abandoned scrapyard, and I’ve never heard about huskies being guard dogs. It started licking me in that friendly slobbery way dogs do and it wagged its tail. It barked at me and licked my hand when I reached out to let it sniff me. I sat up to pet it more; I love dogs so I take every opportunity to meet a friendly one. I checked it over and from the uh…noticeable lack of anything down below being fixed, I guessed it was a female. I went to reach for the camera to take a picture.

It was then that I realized I’d dropped it. It was nearby, mostly intact but when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn’t work. So much for being shockproof, right? That was the only time I remember cursing for any reason really, I try not to swear and use frick or darn instead. I cursed the sky, the dog, and myself for being so stupid. I looked everywhere for the darn lens but I couldn’t find it. I searched for what seemed like hours, given the sun was starting to set. The dog had run off by this point, so I didn’t have to worry about it barking and giving away my location. I went back through the scrapyard and crawled through the gate hole again. I darted under the tape and back out onto the street before any cars came past too. Then I walked home.

I’d better head to bed now, but I’ll leave something here about the noises. They were very drawn out today, like whatever is in the scrapyard was eating slower than usual. They stopped a lot earlier as well, and I heard a lot of barking. I think it’s the dog. Oh, and I’m gonna try and salvage the camera photos later! Sorry, almost forgot haha.

Update: April 29th, 2017, 12:35am

It’s really late at night when I’m typing this, so I’m sorry if I sound tired or make any grammar errors. Mom would kill me if she found me awake. Anyways, I thought I’d post an update. I went to the scrapyard today…well yesterday now. I’m sorry there aren’t any pictures, but I’ll explain that in a moment. I’m also sorry for the long post!

I left for school like I normally would; bag packed with everything for school to lower Mom’s suspicions. I took Dad’s camera, hung it around my neck, and gave the excuse that I had to bring it for a hobby workshop during lunch. Mom bought the excuse, and after I said goodbye I walked the same route I always took to school until I got close to the scrapyard. I checked to see if anyone was around. They’d stopped investigating the meteorite incident a couple of weeks ago, so I was glad to see no police patrols. There wasn’t anyone I knew from school walking nearby, or any cars on the road either, so I snuck underneath the tape and squeezed myself through a hole under the gate. It wasn’t too hard since I’m quite petite, but the hem of my school skirt got caught and it ripped a little when I tugged at it. It made me a little mad but I decided to fix it when I got home. Instead I stood up, brushed myself off, and hid behind a pile of car parts out of sight when I heard footsteps. After they faded, I crept out from my hiding place and began my exploration.

For the most part it looked like a normal scrapyard, bits of metal here and there, old cars, a shack where the employees would sit and do paperwork. There were a few containers too, rusted and worn, and an old crane with a claw that was hovering over one of the cars. I took pictures of it all…until I came to the pile.

The sight confused me so much I almost dropped the camera. Instead of being face to face with a crater like I’d expected, I faced a shiny mountain of metal. The entire thing had been filled in with bits of scrap from all over the yard, most noticeably tyre rims and shredded rubber. There were old washing machines with their guts ripped out, car bodies missing their chassis…if the scrapyard was the cemetery, this pile was the main mausoleum. I made my first mistake by removing the camera from around my neck to get better shots. My second mistake? Letting my mind boggle trying to determine who or what could have made such a thing. I didn’t notice the shadow looming above me until it was too late.

I felt the impact before I saw what caused it. Sprawled in the dirt I couldn’t see much of anything, at least until I rolled onto my back. Standing above me was…a dog. A frickin dog. It looked like a light grey and white husky, about a year old, and it had a pink collar on. I don’t know why anyone would let their dog loose in an abandoned scrapyard, and I’ve never heard about huskies being guard dogs. It started licking me in that friendly slobbery way dogs do and it wagged its tail. It barked at me and licked my hand when I reached out to let it sniff me. I sat up to pet it more; I love dogs so I take every opportunity to meet a friendly one. I checked it over and from the uh…noticeable lack of anything down below being fixed, I guessed it was a female. I went to reach for the camera to take a picture.

It was then that I realized I’d dropped it. It was nearby, mostly intact but when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn’t work. So much for being shockproof, right? That was the only time I remember cursing for any reason really, I try not to swear and use frick or darn instead. I cursed the sky, the dog, and myself for being so stupid. I looked everywhere for the darn lens but I couldn’t find it. I searched for what seemed like hours, given the sun was starting to set. The dog had run off by this point, so I didn’t have to worry about it barking and giving away my location. I went back through the scrapyard and crawled through the gate hole again. I darted under the tape and back out onto the street before any cars came past too. Then I walked home.

I’d better head to bed now, but I’ll leave something here about the noises. They were very drawn out today, like whatever is in the scrapyard was eating slower than usual. They stopped a lot earlier as well, and I heard a lot of barking. I think it’s the dog. Oh, and I’m gonna try and salvage the camera photos later! Sorry, almost forgot haha.

Update: May 2nd, 2017, 5:37pm

Sorry for the short absence! I’m grounded for breaking Dad’s camera. I told Mom it happened at school on Friday and she flipped out, even though I said I managed to recover the main pieces. Well, everything except the lens. I had taken the 12-45 millimeter one; it doesn’t like to focus lock all the time but I remember thinking it was better than shooting without it. When the dog surprised me and I dropped the camera it must’ve detached and skittered off somewhere. I knew I should’ve kept it strapped around my neck! At least Mom believed me when I said I was at school. I may have forgotten to fix that hole my in skirt too so I’m doubly in trouble. My name is Mud for at least a couple of weeks. I know why she’s mad. Dad doesn’t really get to talk to us much, he’s always so busy overseas and the big computer upstairs can’t handle Skype for very long. Mom’s been sadder lately, though she won’t tell me why.

I’m typing this on my phone, so it’s a short-ish update! As soon as I can get out of the house, I’m visiting the dog again. I haven’t found any missing ads online or in the paper, so I think she’s a stray. If I remember rightly there were no nametags on her collar, just a pendant with a weird symbol. I don’t know how long she’s been living in the scrapyard for, but she seems happy? I’ve nicknamed her Sky after our…meeting. I mean, she literally dive-bombed me out of nowhere! She’s covered in dust most of the time too. Foraging in the scrapyard does that I guess. Hmm…Sky…Dusty…Skydust? It’s an elaborate name for a dog that isn’t even mine, but it fits somehow. I’ll just call her Sky for now though; it’s easier and a lot less like, well, an eight year old’s crappy Warrior Cats OC. It’s a book series by Erin Hunter but I think that’s like, four people? Anyways, it’s not important right now.

Sky is…odd. She’s super friendly for a stray and I swear she acts like a person sometimes. The way she cocks her head and listens when I’m speaking makes me feel like she can actually understand me. Maybe she did have a family before, like one of the scrapyard workers? I don’t know.

The noises have been a lot quieter over the weekend. Whatever’s making them must be running out of food, or maybe Sky spooked it? She’s been howling a lot more than barking recently, so much so that I hear her instead of the noises sometimes. I think she misses me. I don’t know why because I’ve only met her once, but I do want to go back there and continue my investigation, even if it is just for the lens. Ah crud, Mom saw me on my phone, gotta go! More updates soon!
Update: May 2nd, 2017, 5:37pm

Sorry for the short absence! I’m grounded for breaking Dad’s camera. I told Mom it happened at school on Friday and she flipped out, even though I said I managed to recover the main pieces. Well, everything except the lens. I had taken the 12-45 millimeter one; it doesn’t like to focus lock all the time but I remember thinking it was better than shooting without it. When the dog surprised me and I dropped the camera it must’ve detached and skittered off somewhere. I knew I should’ve kept it strapped around my neck! At least Mom believed me when I said I was at school. I may have forgotten to fix that hole my in skirt too so I’m doubly in trouble. My name is Mud for at least a couple of weeks. I know why she’s mad. Dad doesn’t really get to talk to us much, he’s always so busy overseas and the big computer upstairs can’t handle Skype for very long. Mom’s been sadder lately, though she won’t tell me why.

I’m typing this on my phone, so it’s a short-ish update! As soon as I can get out of the house, I’m visiting the dog again. I haven’t found any missing ads online or in the paper, so I think she’s a stray. If I remember rightly there were no nametags on her collar, just a pendant with a weird symbol. I don’t know how long she’s been living in the scrapyard for, but she seems happy? I’ve nicknamed her Sky after our…meeting. I mean, she literally dive-bombed me out of nowhere! She’s covered in dust most of the time too. Foraging in the scrapyard does that I guess. Hmm…Sky…Dusty…Skydust? It’s an elaborate name for a dog that isn’t even mine, but it fits somehow. I’ll just call her Sky for now though; it’s easier and a lot less like, well, an eight year old’s crappy Warrior Cats OC. It’s a book series by Erin Hunter but I think that’s like, four people? Anyways, it’s not important right now.

Sky is…odd. She’s super friendly for a stray and I swear she acts like a person sometimes. The way she cocks her head and listens when I’m speaking makes me feel like she can actually understand me. Maybe she did have a family before, like one of the scrapyard workers? I don’t know.

The noises have been a lot quieter over the weekend. Whatever’s making them must be running out of food, or maybe Sky spooked it? She’s been howling a lot more than barking recently, so much so that I hear her instead of the noises sometimes. I think she misses me. I don’t know why because I’ve only met her once, but I do want to go back there and continue my investigation, even if it is just for the lens. Ah crud, Mom saw me on my phone, gotta go! More updates soon!
Update: May 6th, 2017, 1:06am
Short update since I’m still grounded. I found where Mom hid my phone so I’m typing this quickly before I have to put it back and get to bed. I snuck out of the house to visit Sky! Mom was working today like she sometimes does on weekends, so I had a while until she came back. She was FULL of energy like last time, wanting me to play with her non-stop. I must’ve thrown a wrench or an old bit of plastic for hours, though at first she seemed puzzled. No one must’ve taught her to play fetch I guess. She kept chewing on whatever I threw before spitting it at my feet. After a while, instead of giving it back to me she’d throw the object for me to chase. When she tried to use her paw to do it she learnt how to throw with her mouth instead. Smart dog huh?

I tried looking for the lens again today. I searched all around the area where I first met Sky, but it was just…gone. Like it hadn’t ever been there in the first place. Sky helped me look; she likes to do a lot of exploring with me and seems to be just as curious about the scrapyard as I am. I gotta admit, it was pretty soothing to hear her snuffles and see her tail wag amidst all the junk. She digs so fast, even for a dog, and when she sees something or I do something she doesn’t like she hisses instead of growls. I think she’s been raised by cats, or at least lived around a lot of them. She behaves like one sometimes, whisking her tail dismissively when she doesn’t want to play or be petted. It’s like she can’t decide whether to be a dog or a cat! She chirps like a bird too, when she’s curious, and when a car drives past on the road she beeps. Literally beeps, like a horn. And when I laugh she tries to copy me, a short sharp series of barks. She’s so weird…

Anyways, I’d better go now. I’m not the stealthiest of people but I can type fast, so I’ll let you guys know soon if anything else happens. The noises are starting to get louder again and Sky isn’t barking so much.
Update: May 6th, 2017, 1:06am
Short update since I’m still grounded. I found where Mom hid my phone so I’m typing this quickly before I have to put it back and get to bed. I snuck out of the house to visit Sky! Mom was working today like she sometimes does on weekends, so I had a while until she came back. She was FULL of energy like last time, wanting me to play with her non-stop. I must’ve thrown a wrench or an old bit of plastic for hours, though at first she seemed puzzled. No one must’ve taught her to play fetch I guess. She kept chewing on whatever I threw before spitting it at my feet. After a while, instead of giving it back to me she’d throw the object for me to chase. When she tried to use her paw to do it she learnt how to throw with her mouth instead. Smart dog huh?

I tried looking for the lens again today. I searched all around the area where I first met Sky, but it was just…gone. Like it hadn’t ever been there in the first place. Sky helped me look; she likes to do a lot of exploring with me and seems to be just as curious about the scrapyard as I am. I gotta admit, it was pretty soothing to hear her snuffles and see her tail wag amidst all the junk. She digs so fast, even for a dog, and when she sees something or I do something she doesn’t like she hisses instead of growls. I think she’s been raised by cats, or at least lived around a lot of them. She behaves like one sometimes, whisking her tail dismissively when she doesn’t want to play or be petted. It’s like she can’t decide whether to be a dog or a cat! She chirps like a bird too, when she’s curious, and when a car drives past on the road she beeps. Literally beeps, like a horn. And when I laugh she tries to copy me, a short sharp series of barks. She’s so weird…

Anyways, I’d better go now. I’m not the stealthiest of people but I can type fast, so I’ll let you guys know soon if anything else happens. The noises are starting to get louder again and Sky isn’t barking so much.
@Skydust This is great! I can't wait to see more.
@Skydust This is great! I can't wait to see more.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
Update: May 19th, 2017, 7:30pm
The noises are super loud tonight, they have been since sundown. I can’t get any sleep so I’m typing this update instead. I’m not dead, first off, and I really appreciate all of the comments you guys have been leaving! I wasn’t sure if all of this was gonna to be read at all, but I’m glad to see that some of you are just as intrigued about all of this as I am. I’m back on my laptop now so updates can be a little longer. I’ve been googling ways to salvage the photos off Dad’s camera, but everything I’ve tried doesn’t work. We’re sending it in to a shop later this week to get it fixed. I have to pay for a new lens, so I won’t be getting any pocket money for a LONG time. Hopefully when it’s back I can rescue some shots.

I just wanna say that I agree with most of you in the comments about Skydust. She is…’special’. I don’t think I mentioned it before, but her eyes are so weird. They’re a very dark blue, almost purple in certain lights. I think it’s a birth defect or something but every article I research on Google comes up with this thing called ‘Alexandria’s Genesis’. It’s a fictional condition for people with traits similar to Albinism but less problematic, and I can’t find anything about dogs. I was gonna go talk to the vet down the road about it but Mom’s been acting super tense lately. I’ve had to help out with the housework a lot more and vacuum almost every day. She gets so anal just before Dad comes home and wants everything to be perfect, but I don’t think Dad really notices. I’m still worried about having to tell him about the camera.

I’ve been visiting Sky secretly after school and saving back some of my lunch, but she never eats anything. She’s always happy to see me though! And she never seems emaciated or anything, so maybe she gets food elsewhere or catches her own? Lately, she’s been a little…clingy. She keeps trying to drag me or direct me closer and closer to the pile, like she wants to show me something. I’ve been trying to teach her some basic dog tricks to get her to stop. She listens, sorta, then goes right back to sniffing and pawing at the pile. I’ve looked where she keeps digging in case she’s found the missing lens, but I don’t see it. After a while she usually stops and looks at me, apparently giving up on convincing me that something’s there. What she digs up however is more metal, only it’s shiny and strangely warm to the touch. It doesn’t match the texture of the surrounding pile and it’s too heavy for me to lift. I don’t know what it is, which means I have to keep coming back to the scrapyard to find out.

That’s another thing, going back. I tried to take some photos of Sky and the weird smooth metal but the camera on my phone won’t open anywhere inside the scrapyard. I don’t even get signal, let alone wifi, which is weird because I can see the service lines from inside it. Come to think of it, the little office shack never has any power either, and when I took photos with Dad’s camera the little wifi icon to send them back to my laptop never turned on. It’s all very strange.

Mom’s been staying behind later and later at the mall where she works. I think she’s doing double shifts but I don’t know why; Dad makes enough to send back to us. I can look after myself though, so it’s ok. We Skyped Dad on my laptop too (it’s part of the reason why my electronics ban has lifted); he seems to be doing well for himself. He has a tan now, and a bright movie-star smile. Mom cried a little when he said he’d be back home soon. We both miss him so much when he’s away, Mom more so than me for obvious marital spouse reasons. She didn’t tell him about the camera. I have to do that, and it’s making my enthusiasm for his return kinda…lessen. I know he loved that camera before he gave it to me, and I still can’t find that damn lens.

I think that’s Sky’s bark I can hear right now, I’m not sure. It sounds too metallic and clunky to be her. I think I’ve mentioned it before but she has this odd way of barking, almost like she’s trying to hold a conversation but can’t find the words. I’m sneaking out of the house later tonight to check it out, even though I’m grounded till next weekend. I’ll type more later!
Update: May 19th, 2017, 7:30pm
The noises are super loud tonight, they have been since sundown. I can’t get any sleep so I’m typing this update instead. I’m not dead, first off, and I really appreciate all of the comments you guys have been leaving! I wasn’t sure if all of this was gonna to be read at all, but I’m glad to see that some of you are just as intrigued about all of this as I am. I’m back on my laptop now so updates can be a little longer. I’ve been googling ways to salvage the photos off Dad’s camera, but everything I’ve tried doesn’t work. We’re sending it in to a shop later this week to get it fixed. I have to pay for a new lens, so I won’t be getting any pocket money for a LONG time. Hopefully when it’s back I can rescue some shots.

I just wanna say that I agree with most of you in the comments about Skydust. She is…’special’. I don’t think I mentioned it before, but her eyes are so weird. They’re a very dark blue, almost purple in certain lights. I think it’s a birth defect or something but every article I research on Google comes up with this thing called ‘Alexandria’s Genesis’. It’s a fictional condition for people with traits similar to Albinism but less problematic, and I can’t find anything about dogs. I was gonna go talk to the vet down the road about it but Mom’s been acting super tense lately. I’ve had to help out with the housework a lot more and vacuum almost every day. She gets so anal just before Dad comes home and wants everything to be perfect, but I don’t think Dad really notices. I’m still worried about having to tell him about the camera.

I’ve been visiting Sky secretly after school and saving back some of my lunch, but she never eats anything. She’s always happy to see me though! And she never seems emaciated or anything, so maybe she gets food elsewhere or catches her own? Lately, she’s been a little…clingy. She keeps trying to drag me or direct me closer and closer to the pile, like she wants to show me something. I’ve been trying to teach her some basic dog tricks to get her to stop. She listens, sorta, then goes right back to sniffing and pawing at the pile. I’ve looked where she keeps digging in case she’s found the missing lens, but I don’t see it. After a while she usually stops and looks at me, apparently giving up on convincing me that something’s there. What she digs up however is more metal, only it’s shiny and strangely warm to the touch. It doesn’t match the texture of the surrounding pile and it’s too heavy for me to lift. I don’t know what it is, which means I have to keep coming back to the scrapyard to find out.

That’s another thing, going back. I tried to take some photos of Sky and the weird smooth metal but the camera on my phone won’t open anywhere inside the scrapyard. I don’t even get signal, let alone wifi, which is weird because I can see the service lines from inside it. Come to think of it, the little office shack never has any power either, and when I took photos with Dad’s camera the little wifi icon to send them back to my laptop never turned on. It’s all very strange.

Mom’s been staying behind later and later at the mall where she works. I think she’s doing double shifts but I don’t know why; Dad makes enough to send back to us. I can look after myself though, so it’s ok. We Skyped Dad on my laptop too (it’s part of the reason why my electronics ban has lifted); he seems to be doing well for himself. He has a tan now, and a bright movie-star smile. Mom cried a little when he said he’d be back home soon. We both miss him so much when he’s away, Mom more so than me for obvious marital spouse reasons. She didn’t tell him about the camera. I have to do that, and it’s making my enthusiasm for his return kinda…lessen. I know he loved that camera before he gave it to me, and I still can’t find that damn lens.

I think that’s Sky’s bark I can hear right now, I’m not sure. It sounds too metallic and clunky to be her. I think I’ve mentioned it before but she has this odd way of barking, almost like she’s trying to hold a conversation but can’t find the words. I’m sneaking out of the house later tonight to check it out, even though I’m grounded till next weekend. I’ll type more later!