Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Everything’s Fine: A Timelocke
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39 40
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 9: Freshwater Kelp[/b] Roll: 167, New dragon! [item=Giant kelp][item=Jar of slime][item=Giant kelp] Wisteria awoke to sounds of gasping. Beside her sat a sputtering water guardian, covered in pond slime. Tree had already dried most of the dragon off, but he was still cold. The coatl gently pushed the guardian, extremely stunted for his breed, into their makeshift den. She kept watch as Tree wandered back into the woods for food, now with small field mice scampering between holes in his ivy. Palustris warmed up in a small den made of twigs and woven grasses, and bedded with three warm deer pelts. He walked out into the clearing when he was warm enough, and saw two tree-looking dragons. One, almost an actual tree, was covered in a large array of animals, from birds and insects to mice. He smiled warmly at the new arrival. The other was a calm, graceful coatl, lithe and reminiscent of a flowering shrub. They admired the coloration of their newest member, his greens and blues contrasting against the others. He dove into the water as soon as allowed, and spent the rest of the day in the still-growing kelp forest. [rule] Alastra sat awake with Ti, both munching on some popcorn. They wanted to watch the introctuction of the first aquatic dragon and his tendencies together, as to better implement them. In the word of the boss “The next big step is a successful aquatic Paradise” they’ve already witnessed a remarkable leap in 2’s progress, and Alastra was beginning to have hope in the experiment. They both fell asleep at 6:00 sharp, nestled against each other with 3 scattered notepads around them. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty New dragon!! Yay! I love new dragons. Palustris is almost fully aquatic, so expect some cool underwater scenes. Anyways, thanks for reading, and enjoy your day! Edit: After getting their permission, I’m showing this really cool piece of fanart by StorytellerIvy! Praise them. They’re the best. With that I’m just going to change the directory status and then, hopefully, be a bit less busy. Thank you all for your support, you’re all lovely! Without further ado, the awesome art: [img]https://i.imgur.com/oUWPyX6.png[/img]
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 9: Freshwater Kelp
Roll: 167, New dragon!
Giant Kelp Jar of Slime Giant Kelp

Wisteria awoke to sounds of gasping. Beside her sat a sputtering water guardian, covered in pond slime. Tree had already dried most of the dragon off, but he was still cold. The coatl gently pushed the guardian, extremely stunted for his breed, into their makeshift den. She kept watch as Tree wandered back into the woods for food, now with small field mice scampering between holes in his ivy.

Palustris warmed up in a small den made of twigs and woven grasses, and bedded with three warm deer pelts. He walked out into the clearing when he was warm enough, and saw two tree-looking dragons. One, almost an actual tree, was covered in a large array of animals, from birds and insects to mice. He smiled warmly at the new arrival. The other was a calm, graceful coatl, lithe and reminiscent of a flowering shrub. They admired the coloration of their newest member, his greens and blues contrasting against the others. He dove into the water as soon as allowed, and spent the rest of the day in the still-growing kelp forest.

Alastra sat awake with Ti, both munching on some popcorn. They wanted to watch the introctuction of the first aquatic dragon and his tendencies together, as to better implement them. In the word of the boss “The next big step is a successful aquatic Paradise” they’ve already witnessed a remarkable leap in 2’s progress, and Alastra was beginning to have hope in the experiment. They both fell asleep at 6:00 sharp, nestled against each other with 3 scattered notepads around them.

Pinglist:
@ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty

New dragon!! Yay! I love new dragons. Palustris is almost fully aquatic, so expect some cool underwater scenes. Anyways, thanks for reading, and enjoy your day!

Edit: After getting their permission, I’m showing this really cool piece of fanart by StorytellerIvy! Praise them. They’re the best. With that I’m just going to change the directory status and then, hopefully, be a bit less busy. Thank you all for your support, you’re all lovely!
Without further ado, the awesome art:
oUWPyX6.png
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Ooooo Palustris is fascinating! I wonder how he'll do!
@Shadowbirch

Ooooo Palustris is fascinating! I wonder how he'll do!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 10: Unforeseen Challenges[/b] Roll: 22, challenge [item=Grove fern][item=Giant kelp][item=grove fern] Palustris proved surprisingly hard to talk to. He didn’t know how to speak, for one, and he also stopped coming up for air after they went to sleep. They could see small fronds of seaweed floating from his scales, and Wisteria spotted small minnows in between the hatchling’s ridges. The bright side of this was that nobody had to get him food; the bad part was that now nobody could really fish, since the guardian had taken sanctuary of the lake and all it’s offerings. Tree was sustained mostly by his birds and other companions, swarming small mice or other critters and bringing them to him. Wisteria went for a fly and spotted a smaller lake by the edge of the forest. She stopped for a drink and some fish for a joint breakfast-lunch meal, and then wandered back into the woods for a stockpile of food. She returned with a few handfuls of woodland creatures, some still singed with lightning magic. She lit a fire, fully cooked her catch of the day, and went to bed promptly. Tree nestled himself against her shelter and slept as well. Palustris was wide awake. He swam through his new home, admiring the silty bottom and small, glittering fish. He sank to the bottom, and snapped a few unwary fish up. The kelp growing between his scales didn’t hurt him in the slightest, only providing camoflauge needed to catch his prey. He fell asleep on the bottom, slowly amassing a larger swarm of fish. Pinglist: @/ilimati @/petall @/relics @/nalrene @/storytellerivy @/neonkitty The challenge roll had nobody dead, but every challenge roll a dragon mutates. It’s not Wisteria. Wisteria is the lucky one out of the group :/ Also Palustria has become completely mute to the outside world, which... well, it sucks. But now he’s a weird seaweed thing so.. yay? Edit: amkting is not a real word. I, however, have a real problem with spelling.
Day 10: Unforeseen Challenges
Roll: 22, challenge
Grove Fern Giant Kelp Grove Fern

Palustris proved surprisingly hard to talk to. He didn’t know how to speak, for one, and he also stopped coming up for air after they went to sleep. They could see small fronds of seaweed floating from his scales, and Wisteria spotted small minnows in between the hatchling’s ridges. The bright side of this was that nobody had to get him food; the bad part was that now nobody could really fish, since the guardian had taken sanctuary of the lake and all it’s offerings.

Tree was sustained mostly by his birds and other companions, swarming small mice or other critters and bringing them to him. Wisteria went for a fly and spotted a smaller lake by the edge of the forest. She stopped for a drink and some fish for a joint breakfast-lunch meal, and then wandered back into the woods for a stockpile of food. She returned with a few handfuls of woodland creatures, some still singed with lightning magic. She lit a fire, fully cooked her catch of the day, and went to bed promptly. Tree nestled himself against her shelter and slept as well.

Palustris was wide awake. He swam through his new home, admiring the silty bottom and small, glittering fish. He sank to the bottom, and snapped a few unwary fish up. The kelp growing between his scales didn’t hurt him in the slightest, only providing camoflauge needed to catch his prey. He fell asleep on the bottom, slowly amassing a larger swarm of fish.

Pinglist:
@/ilimati @/petall @/relics @/nalrene @/storytellerivy @/neonkitty

The challenge roll had nobody dead, but every challenge roll a dragon mutates. It’s not Wisteria. Wisteria is the lucky one out of the group :/ Also Palustria has become completely mute to the outside world, which... well, it sucks. But now he’s a weird seaweed thing so.. yay?
Edit: amkting is not a real word. I, however, have a real problem with spelling.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Interesting development! Hooray for no deaths though!
@Shadowbirch

Interesting development! Hooray for no deaths though!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Hi guys! I’m sorry, but I didn’t update yesterday. If I have the time, I’ll update twice today, but there’s a chance I’ll just have three updates on Saturday. That’s really all, so have a good day and sorry about the delays.
Hi guys! I’m sorry, but I didn’t update yesterday. If I have the time, I’ll update twice today, but there’s a chance I’ll just have three updates on Saturday. That’s really all, so have a good day and sorry about the delays.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 11: The Forest Has Eyes[/b] Roll: 161, New dragon [item=Black tulip][item=Frosted violets][item=Black tulip] A small shadow slipped out of the bushes in the middle of the night. His warm orange eyes emitted a glow, but his coloring was dark enough to hide him. He snuck into a camp consisting of one raggedy tent-like structure and a few glowing remains of a campfire. He checked that both its occupants, a purple coatl and a... bush? we’re asleep, and then he pilfered a deerskin and some of their meat before running off into the night. Wisteria yawned, stretched and came to life for a new day. She noticed that underneath her, a deerskin was missing. She then noticed some of their food stockpile was gone. She blamed this on wild animals. She then went on to wake Tree up to stand guard and went to capture more animals for food. As she flew above the trees, she thought she saw a speck of black, but it disappeared as soon as she ackknowldged it. Tree stood guard most of the day. Palustris emerged from his paradise and stared at the other plant-infested dragons, his small fronds of kelp plastered flat against his scales. The two then went about their business, Plaustris taking a long nap at the lake bottom and Tree tending to his new tenants, a pair of squirrels and a nest of baby birds. [rule] “That was... unexpected.” Alastra munched on some more berries, while Ti went to fetch some more coffee for them. “I know, right? Who knew that the next experiment would refuse to join the group and then steal provisions? We really got a weird one, Al.” “Well, lets just keep watching.” She paused. “Shouldn’t you be asleep, Ti? It is already ten, you can go to sleep.” Ti didn’t move. She took that as a no and the two continued to watch the monitors, muttering to one another and receiving weird looks from the other scientists in the room as they huddled closer to one another. Things were going alright. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty Welcome back guys! I’ll be writing all the missing entries today, so you will get pinged 3 separate times. Sorry my life got in the way, but I’ve got the time to make up all the entries today so stay tuned!
Day 11: The Forest Has Eyes
Roll: 161, New dragon
Black Tulip Frosted Violets Black Tulip

A small shadow slipped out of the bushes in the middle of the night. His warm orange eyes emitted a glow, but his coloring was dark enough to hide him. He snuck into a camp consisting of one raggedy tent-like structure and a few glowing remains of a campfire. He checked that both its occupants, a purple coatl and a... bush? we’re asleep, and then he pilfered a deerskin and some of their meat before running off into the night.

Wisteria yawned, stretched and came to life for a new day. She noticed that underneath her, a deerskin was missing. She then noticed some of their food stockpile was gone. She blamed this on wild animals. She then went on to wake Tree up to stand guard and went to capture more animals for food. As she flew above the trees, she thought she saw a speck of black, but it disappeared as soon as she ackknowldged it.

Tree stood guard most of the day. Palustris emerged from his paradise and stared at the other plant-infested dragons, his small fronds of kelp plastered flat against his scales. The two then went about their business, Plaustris taking a long nap at the lake bottom and Tree tending to his new tenants, a pair of squirrels and a nest of baby birds.
“That was... unexpected.” Alastra munched on some more berries, while Ti went to fetch some more coffee for them.
“I know, right? Who knew that the next experiment would refuse to join the group and then steal provisions? We really got a weird one, Al.”
“Well, lets just keep watching.” She paused. “Shouldn’t you be asleep, Ti? It is already ten, you can go to sleep.” Ti didn’t move. She took that as a no and the two continued to watch the monitors, muttering to one another and receiving weird looks from the other scientists in the room as they huddled closer to one another. Things were going alright.

Pinglist:

Welcome back guys! I’ll be writing all the missing entries today, so you will get pinged 3 separate times. Sorry my life got in the way, but I’ve got the time to make up all the entries today so stay tuned!
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 12: Under the Sea[/b] Roll: 49, challenge [item=Sweet grass][item=Water lettuce][item=sweet grass] Palustris felt something weird as he was waking up. It was then he saw his own spines in the silty bottom below him. He backed away in a panic, and swept his tail to inspect where his spines were. There he saw tiny patches of water lettuce growing from the spots his spikes used to be. He needed help. He burst from the water to see the only other dragon with this problem. Tree was drenched by the dragon thrice his size rising from the lake. He glared at the pathetic dragon and felt his animal tenants leave to avoid being drenched. He then noticed the plants growing from his back. “Calm down, you big baby. Just let me look at you, okay? You’re fine.” He then took Palustris’s tail and pinched it. The welp from the guardian confirmed his suspicions. “Of course you have nerves still. I get stuck with enough ivy to kill an imperial and no nerves and you, you get plants so close to your spine that you’d be paralyzed and lo and behold, you are perfectly fine. No nerves damaged.” He murmured and gestured towards the water, “Go on back. You’re fine.” Tree watched as the dragon slipped into the lake again and dissapeared. Wisteria returned from a day of hunting to a sulking Tree. She approached tentatively and left her catch by the campfire. “Hey Tree, you alright? I know I’ve been gone pretty often but-“ “Shut up.” He stopped, then softened his tone. “I’m sorry, Wisteria. I’m just not really up for company right now. Please leave me be.” “I know you’re down and I don’t even know you that well. Just talk to me, okay?” She sat down next to him and spoke gently. “Well I’m just... I realized something and now I’m just not okay.” He began tentative, but it turned into a flood of words and raw emotions “I only really realized how screwed up I was until I saw the guardian grow plants and not suffer nerve damage like me. I don’t know where I am or who I should really trust. I don’t know anymore but I just... I want to go back. I’ve been trying to ignore what I’ve felt and tried to be strong, but I can’t do it anymore. I want to fly like you. I’m a wind dragon, not a nature dragon. I’m stuck on the ground and I’m covered in a tiny ecosystem. I don’t know why I’m like this. I don’t want to be like this.” He ended in tears. Wisteria began to speak. “You know, I miss my old home. At the spire, you know. The hum of electricity between your feathers was heaven. I miss that too. But you know what I miss the most? Normalcy. I mean, I’m living with you and a seaweedy guardian. I want to go back. But none of us can. You can’t ever be normal again. I don’t even know where I am. The guardian over there? He’s scared out of his mind and he’s so young. We’re all stuck here. I just hope somebody knows about us and will save us soon.” The two nestled together, Tree cuddling between Wisteria’s feathers, and slept. Between the trees, glowing orange eyes peered from the trees. [rule] Alastra and Ti were crying. “Oh my god, why are we doing this? These poor souls.” The spiral was holding Ti, who was also sniffling, close to her. Ti calmed down a little bit. “We need to not do this. They’re all asleep, let’s get some rest and then we’ll go to the Head in to morning to talk about the ethics of this.” Ti wiped his eyes on his coat and scooped the crying noodle up. He put her in her office, and then left to go to bed. This experiment was taking a toll on everyone. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty This chapter was an emotional challenge. I really hope that they all don’t feel like cardboard, I’ve never really had this much dialogue before :/ One more update to go and then we can be back on track though!
Day 12: Under the Sea
Roll: 49, challenge
Sweet Grass Water Lettuce Sweet Grass

Palustris felt something weird as he was waking up. It was then he saw his own spines in the silty bottom below him. He backed away in a panic, and swept his tail to inspect where his spines were. There he saw tiny patches of water lettuce growing from the spots his spikes used to be. He needed help. He burst from the water to see the only other dragon with this problem.

Tree was drenched by the dragon thrice his size rising from the lake. He glared at the pathetic dragon and felt his animal tenants leave to avoid being drenched. He then noticed the plants growing from his back. “Calm down, you big baby. Just let me look at you, okay? You’re fine.” He then took Palustris’s tail and pinched it. The welp from the guardian confirmed his suspicions. “Of course you have nerves still. I get stuck with enough ivy to kill an imperial and no nerves and you, you get plants so close to your spine that you’d be paralyzed and lo and behold, you are perfectly fine. No nerves damaged.” He murmured and gestured towards the water, “Go on back. You’re fine.” Tree watched as the dragon slipped into the lake again and dissapeared.

Wisteria returned from a day of hunting to a sulking Tree. She approached tentatively and left her catch by the campfire.
“Hey Tree, you alright? I know I’ve been gone pretty often but-“
“Shut up.” He stopped, then softened his tone. “I’m sorry, Wisteria. I’m just not really up for company right now. Please leave me be.”
“I know you’re down and I don’t even know you that well. Just talk to me, okay?” She sat down next to him and spoke gently.
“Well I’m just... I realized something and now I’m just not okay.” He began tentative, but it turned into a flood of words and raw emotions “I only really realized how screwed up I was until I saw the guardian grow plants and not suffer nerve damage like me. I don’t know where I am or who I should really trust. I don’t know anymore but I just... I want to go back. I’ve been trying to ignore what I’ve felt and tried to be strong, but I can’t do it anymore. I want to fly like you. I’m a wind dragon, not a nature dragon. I’m stuck on the ground and I’m covered in a tiny ecosystem. I don’t know why I’m like this. I don’t want to be like this.” He ended in tears. Wisteria began to speak.
“You know, I miss my old home. At the spire, you know. The hum of electricity between your feathers was heaven. I miss that too. But you know what I miss the most? Normalcy. I mean, I’m living with you and a seaweedy guardian. I want to go back. But none of us can. You can’t ever be normal again. I don’t even know where I am. The guardian over there? He’s scared out of his mind and he’s so young. We’re all stuck here. I just hope somebody knows about us and will save us soon.” The two nestled together, Tree cuddling between Wisteria’s feathers, and slept. Between the trees, glowing orange eyes peered from the trees.
Alastra and Ti were crying. “Oh my god, why are we doing this? These poor souls.” The spiral was holding Ti, who was also sniffling, close to her. Ti calmed down a little bit. “We need to not do this. They’re all asleep, let’s get some rest and then we’ll go to the Head in to morning to talk about the ethics of this.” Ti wiped his eyes on his coat and scooped the crying noodle up. He put her in her office, and then left to go to bed. This experiment was taking a toll on everyone.

Pinglist:
This chapter was an emotional challenge. I really hope that they all don’t feel like cardboard, I’ve never really had this much dialogue before :/ One more update to go and then we can be back on track though!
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 13: Terms of Service Updated[/b] Roll: 22, challenge [item=sweet potato vine][item=Dayglo thresh][item=sweet potato vine] Nightlock went back to his own camp at sunrise. He had stolen more provisions from the emotionally distraught guests in the clearing, and eaten them on the way home. He had also gathered a fair amount of plant matter to eat, but he found their provisions to be more filling. The plants growing from his paws and through his fur provided cover and comfort as he walked through the woods. He didn’t have a pearl. He had a pearl once, but when he woke up in this forest he found it to be gone. Nightlock was now considered half a dragon by his peers, but to him the lack of a pearl meant he was soulless. He could do whatever he pleased. Warm orange eyes matching the Dayglo Thresh blooming on his arms, he walked on. He finally reached his camp. He had dug a small hole for his belongings, and a stolen deer pelt was his bed. He went to bed and slept lightly before waking up for another day of gathering and stealing from the others. [rule] Alastra walked into the Head’s office without knocking. She sat down and waited for acknowledgment, to which she began to speak. “Miss, I think we shouldn’t do this experiment anymore.” The Head looked at her with interest and a bit of shock. Alastra continued on. “This is having a negative impact on the test subjects and the testers in this scenario. It isn’t ethical anymore. We need to stop.” “I thought more of you, Alastra.” The Head turned back to her desk. “What? Miss I-“ “You want to stop the entire experiment becaus of a pity party? No.” “These dragons are dying almost constantly because of what we’ve done to them. I don’t care anymore. Either you stop this or I quit.” The spiral stared down her superior. The Head laughed. “Do you really think I’d stop because you are throwing a hissy fit? Life goes on and-“ “LIFE DOES NOT GO ON.” There wasn’t anything holding Alastra back now. “You fool. You want to make a dragon capable of supporting an ecosystem because of your dead brother, right? And you’re going to kill as many test subjects as it takes for you to achieve your brother’s insipid dream of a paradise being within. Did it ever strike you as being a metaphor? A. Metaphor. You’ve killed nine dragons based off a metaphor.” Alastra sat defeated. She had emptied her heart and she would probably get fired. “Well then. I’ll strike you a deal. Since you care for these subjects so dearly, if they survive their plant mutations for ten days, I will release them from the experiment. That way I have enough data and you can have tea parties with them.” “Really? That would mean-“ “Subject 2 would be released tomorrow. I’m well aware of that. I will see that they get rehomed accordingly.” “Thank you, Miss.” Alastra left the Head in silence. She smiled, but it wasn’t sinister. She was only imagining how amazing it was that her experiments would now be able to roam and fulfill her brother’s paradise better. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty Hi! We’re officially done with catch-up!! If anyone wants Tree (if he doesn’t die tomorrow to spite me) I’ll happily pass him to you! Anyways, there’s been too much dialogue these updates, but it’s gotten me to really know the characters more. Have a good day guys, since you won’t hear from me until probably tomorrow!
Day 13: Terms of Service Updated
Roll: 22, challenge
Sweet Potato Vine Dayglo Thresh Sweet Potato Vine

Nightlock went back to his own camp at sunrise. He had stolen more provisions from the emotionally distraught guests in the clearing, and eaten them on the way home. He had also gathered a fair amount of plant matter to eat, but he found their provisions to be more filling. The plants growing from his paws and through his fur provided cover and comfort as he walked through the woods. He didn’t have a pearl.

He had a pearl once, but when he woke up in this forest he found it to be gone. Nightlock was now considered half a dragon by his peers, but to him the lack of a pearl meant he was soulless. He could do whatever he pleased. Warm orange eyes matching the Dayglo Thresh blooming on his arms, he walked on.

He finally reached his camp. He had dug a small hole for his belongings, and a stolen deer pelt was his bed. He went to bed and slept lightly before waking up for another day of gathering and stealing from the others.

Alastra walked into the Head’s office without knocking. She sat down and waited for acknowledgment, to which she began to speak.
“Miss, I think we shouldn’t do this experiment anymore.” The Head looked at her with interest and a bit of shock. Alastra continued on. “This is having a negative impact on the test subjects and the testers in this scenario. It isn’t ethical anymore. We need to stop.”
“I thought more of you, Alastra.” The Head turned back to her desk.
“What? Miss I-“
“You want to stop the entire experiment becaus of a pity party? No.”
“These dragons are dying almost constantly because of what we’ve done to them. I don’t care anymore. Either you stop this or I quit.” The spiral stared down her superior. The Head laughed.
“Do you really think I’d stop because you are throwing a hissy fit? Life goes on and-“
“LIFE DOES NOT GO ON.” There wasn’t anything holding Alastra back now. “You fool. You want to make a dragon capable of supporting an ecosystem because of your dead brother, right? And you’re going to kill as many test subjects as it takes for you to achieve your brother’s insipid dream of a paradise being within. Did it ever strike you as being a metaphor? A. Metaphor. You’ve killed nine dragons based off a metaphor.” Alastra sat defeated. She had emptied her heart and she would probably get fired.
“Well then. I’ll strike you a deal. Since you care for these subjects so dearly, if they survive their plant mutations for ten days, I will release them from the experiment. That way I have enough data and you can have tea parties with them.”
“Really? That would mean-“
“Subject 2 would be released tomorrow. I’m well aware of that. I will see that they get rehomed accordingly.”
“Thank you, Miss.” Alastra left the Head in silence. She smiled, but it wasn’t sinister. She was only imagining how amazing it was that her experiments would now be able to roam and fulfill her brother’s paradise better.

Pinglist:

Hi! We’re officially done with catch-up!! If anyone wants Tree (if he doesn’t die tomorrow to spite me) I’ll happily pass him to you! Anyways, there’s been too much dialogue these updates, but it’s gotten me to really know the characters more. Have a good day guys, since you won’t hear from me until probably tomorrow!
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch
First off, I loved all three updates today. I was already hooked just with the scenario, but the character development and whatever is going on with the Head and her brother are super interesting, and I can’t wait until further updates build on that! The delays weren’t really a problem, and the updates were well worth the wait :)

Second, I’ve been kind of in love with Tree’s colors since I first found this timelocke and I’d love to take him in if he doesn’t die tomorrow (which would suck and I’m kind of worried I’ve jinxed it already :/ whoops)
@Shadowbirch
First off, I loved all three updates today. I was already hooked just with the scenario, but the character development and whatever is going on with the Head and her brother are super interesting, and I can’t wait until further updates build on that! The delays weren’t really a problem, and the updates were well worth the wait :)

Second, I’ve been kind of in love with Tree’s colors since I first found this timelocke and I’d love to take him in if he doesn’t die tomorrow (which would suck and I’m kind of worried I’ve jinxed it already :/ whoops)
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo1_250.png
@Shadowbirch

Awww homesickness... I know all too well how that feels... Poor Tree boy...
@Shadowbirch

Awww homesickness... I know all too well how that feels... Poor Tree boy...
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39 40