Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Everything’s Fine: A Timelocke
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 7: Just Another Day[/b] Roll: 109, neutral [item=Garden lace][item=Firestarter][item=garden lace] Wisteria clung onto Tree’s wings as they wandered the forest in search for more wood for their shelter in the clearing. Wisteria grew to begrudgingly accept Tree, mostly because he was the only one who could fish well. Tree was just content to have a companion besides his ever-growing flock of birds. They went back to their temporary home (the clearing) after spending a night in the woods, they noticed Azul was gone. They checked everywhere, and assumed he’d just gone off to the woods. The two make a small campfire and ate lunch, then made animal traps for the rest of the evening. Close to sunset, however, he remembered that Azul and himself couldn’t fly, and that he needed to check Wisteria. She stretched a feathered wing at him, and to his surprise they weren’t clipped. As they went down to bed in the raggedy structure they built, it began to shower lightly. The pitter patter of the rain on the roof made Wisteria drift off to sleep. Tree left and began to stand guard for the night. He wished he could fall asleep. [rule] Alastra was done with this. Subject 2 didn’t sleep anymore, and she was emotionally and mentally drained from back-to-back all-nighters. She’d made Ti her second-in-command just after she woke up from writing her review, since he’d actually volunteered for it. She looked at the screen one more time before Ti did the late shift, and was relieved to see that nothing else had happened. 2 was still in front of the makeshift building they constructed, and 4 was asleep within it. Everything was going to be okay. A medium-sized Skydancer nudged Alastra away from the wall of monitors into her office. He then got a pen and paper and sat in front of the monitors in her place. This was Ti’s job now. He used to be an intern literally half a day ago, but now, since Subject 2 hasn’t slept in 3 days and [REDACTED] employees have to observe test subjects all waking hours, Alastra hasn’t slept in 3 days either. To lessen her strain, Ti volunteered to watch the experiment from 6PM to 6AM. He sensed a flood of gratitude from her, and was employed on the spot. He was pretty sure going from unpaid intern to second-in-command of an entire section of an experiment was not company protocol, but he wasn’t complaining. He focused onto the screens again, and saw a horde of songbirds nestle themselves into the Wildclaw’s plant-covered wings. 2 was becoming almost a part of the ecosystem itself. He jotted sparse notes to leave by the monitors when Alastra came back and continued observing. Pinglist: @/ilimati @/petall @/relics @/nalrene We have an early update today, since I will be busy until late at night today and all this week. Ti has become an employee because he’s a good dude, and now he has a more prominent role as an observer. Expect updates to be either very early or very late starting from today.
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 7: Just Another Day
Roll: 109, neutral
Garden Lace Firestarter Garden Lace

Wisteria clung onto Tree’s wings as they wandered the forest in search for more wood for their shelter in the clearing. Wisteria grew to begrudgingly accept Tree, mostly because he was the only one who could fish well. Tree was just content to have a companion besides his ever-growing flock of birds.

They went back to their temporary home (the clearing) after spending a night in the woods, they noticed Azul was gone. They checked everywhere, and assumed he’d just gone off to the woods. The two make a small campfire and ate lunch, then made animal traps for the rest of the evening. Close to sunset, however, he remembered that Azul and himself couldn’t fly, and that he needed to check Wisteria. She stretched a feathered wing at him, and to his surprise they weren’t clipped. As they went down to bed in the raggedy structure they built, it began to shower lightly. The pitter patter of the rain on the roof made Wisteria drift off to sleep. Tree left and began to stand guard for the night. He wished he could fall asleep.

Alastra was done with this. Subject 2 didn’t sleep anymore, and she was emotionally and mentally drained from back-to-back all-nighters. She’d made Ti her second-in-command just after she woke up from writing her review, since he’d actually volunteered for it. She looked at the screen one more time before Ti did the late shift, and was relieved to see that nothing else had happened. 2 was still in front of the makeshift building they constructed, and 4 was asleep within it. Everything was going to be okay.

A medium-sized Skydancer nudged Alastra away from the wall of monitors into her office. He then got a pen and paper and sat in front of the monitors in her place. This was Ti’s job now. He used to be an intern literally half a day ago, but now, since Subject 2 hasn’t slept in 3 days and [REDACTED] employees have to observe test subjects all waking hours, Alastra hasn’t slept in 3 days either. To lessen her strain, Ti volunteered to watch the experiment from 6PM to 6AM. He sensed a flood of gratitude from her, and was employed on the spot. He was pretty sure going from unpaid intern to second-in-command of an entire section of an experiment was not company protocol, but he wasn’t complaining. He focused onto the screens again, and saw a horde of songbirds nestle themselves into the Wildclaw’s plant-covered wings. 2 was becoming almost a part of the ecosystem itself. He jotted sparse notes to leave by the monitors when Alastra came back and continued observing.

Pinglist:
@/ilimati @/petall @/relics @/nalrene

We have an early update today, since I will be busy until late at night today and all this week. Ti has become an employee because he’s a good dude, and now he has a more prominent role as an observer. Expect updates to be either very early or very late starting from today.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

I feel so sorry for everyone here... Though I know that Everything's Fine...

It must be refreshing to just get a neutral roll. Though I wish the RNG would send some variety my way, because I've had nothing but neutral rolls in the 5 updates of my Timelocke.
@Shadowbirch

I feel so sorry for everyone here... Though I know that Everything's Fine...

It must be refreshing to just get a neutral roll. Though I wish the RNG would send some variety my way, because I've had nothing but neutral rolls in the 5 updates of my Timelocke.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Careful what you wish for...

Also I love that Ti has morph
Careful what you wish for...

Also I love that Ti has morph
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@relics I might need to have Ti as an actual dragon because hot dang he’s too pretty. Bubblegum morph for the win

@petall can I have your neutral rolls? I’m tired of killing the dragons I’ve gotten attached to ;-;
@relics I might need to have Ti as an actual dragon because hot dang he’s too pretty. Bubblegum morph for the win

@petall can I have your neutral rolls? I’m tired of killing the dragons I’ve gotten attached to ;-;
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch
I have never really been interested in reading Lockes, but this one completely changed that!
You have me absolutely hooked!
Can I be added to the pinglist?
@Shadowbirch
I have never really been interested in reading Lockes, but this one completely changed that!
You have me absolutely hooked!
Can I be added to the pinglist?
ONZG2xX.png
Art Sales

Lore Shop

Art Trades
@/storytellerivy thanks for reading! I’ll add you to the Pinglist now :)
Edit: sorry for the double ping, I accidentally posted twice.
@/storytellerivy thanks for reading! I’ll add you to the Pinglist now :)
Edit: sorry for the double ping, I accidentally posted twice.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch can I be added to the pinglist? I’ve never heard of a timelocke before but I love the setting of this one and I need to know what happens next :0
@Shadowbirch can I be added to the pinglist? I’ve never heard of a timelocke before but I love the setting of this one and I need to know what happens next :0
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo1_250.png
@neonkitty sure! I never expected this would get attention, but I’m happy to add you to the Pinglist!
@neonkitty sure! I never expected this would get attention, but I’m happy to add you to the Pinglist!
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 8: Stolen Hours[/b] Roll: 117, neutral [item=wildwood owl][item=jungle grass][item=wildwood owl] Wisteria awoke to more roast fish prepared in advance by Tree. She gladly chowed down on her breakfast, and then winged her way into the trees to capture prey. Tree stood by at camp, admiring the grace that which the almost-adult coatl flew. He continued to fish for the better of the afternoon, throwing smaller catches to the now swarm of birds around him. Wisteria flew above the trees, admiring the motley of greens. She spotted ample prey by a smaller lake, and caught a few small fish to eat for lunch. She then went to catch dinner, walking along in silence behind a herd of deer. After taking out a few old and sick deer, she chose the largest and flew back to the clearing. Wisteria returned to the fireside late at night, with 3 deer in her claws. After dismembering the prey and eating it, the two sat in front of the dying fire. Then Wisteria began to hum light, soothing melodies in her native tongue. Tree listened while he doused the fire, and soon he began to nod off to sleep. The lumbering tree flopped down, scattering various small birds, and passed out in a blink. The coatl then stopped humming, ate a few more snacks, and went to bed herself on the dewy grass. [rule] Ti got a fresh notepad from the file cabinet before sitting in front of the monitors again. So far, he had filled up half a notebook for Alastra last night, and she had filled the other half with possible causes for the things he took notes about. Now he was ecstatic. Subject 2 had gone to sleep. He was still going to record notes while they were sleeping, but he could feel that something new was happening. He fervently scribbled notes about every detail leading up to 2’s rest. He then took a small cookie from a tin from Alastra. Today was going to be great. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty Tada! A neutral day is always good to write once in a while. Sorry this is a bit short, but I just wanted to describe daily life.
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 8: Stolen Hours
Roll: 117, neutral
Wildwood Owl Jungle Grass Wildwood Owl

Wisteria awoke to more roast fish prepared in advance by Tree. She gladly chowed down on her breakfast, and then winged her way into the trees to capture prey. Tree stood by at camp, admiring the grace that which the almost-adult coatl flew. He continued to fish for the better of the afternoon, throwing smaller catches to the now swarm of birds around him.

Wisteria flew above the trees, admiring the motley of greens. She spotted ample prey by a smaller lake, and caught a few small fish to eat for lunch. She then went to catch dinner, walking along in silence behind a herd of deer. After taking out a few old and sick deer, she chose the largest and flew back to the clearing.

Wisteria returned to the fireside late at night, with 3 deer in her claws. After dismembering the prey and eating it, the two sat in front of the dying fire. Then Wisteria began to hum light, soothing melodies in her native tongue. Tree listened while he doused the fire, and soon he began to nod off to sleep. The lumbering tree flopped down, scattering various small birds, and passed out in a blink. The coatl then stopped humming, ate a few more snacks, and went to bed herself on the dewy grass.

Ti got a fresh notepad from the file cabinet before sitting in front of the monitors again. So far, he had filled up half a notebook for Alastra last night, and she had filled the other half with possible causes for the things he took notes about. Now he was ecstatic. Subject 2 had gone to sleep. He was still going to record notes while they were sleeping, but he could feel that something new was happening. He fervently scribbled notes about every detail leading up to 2’s rest. He then took a small cookie from a tin from Alastra. Today was going to be great.

Pinglist:
@ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty

Tada! A neutral day is always good to write once in a while. Sorry this is a bit short, but I just wanted to describe daily life.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

This is such a lovely update! I really love Wisteria (and am not at all biased by the fact she's a coatl, what are you talking about?) and I hope she doesn't die like the others did...

Also, the RNG must have listened because I got a challenge roll for my most recent roll, breaking my neutral streak! I just need to write it now...
@Shadowbirch

This is such a lovely update! I really love Wisteria (and am not at all biased by the fact she's a coatl, what are you talking about?) and I hope she doesn't die like the others did...

Also, the RNG must have listened because I got a challenge roll for my most recent roll, breaking my neutral streak! I just need to write it now...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40