Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Everything’s Fine: A Timelocke
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 39 40
@Formless

Sin all on his own... no wonder he's bored!

And don't worry, real life always takes priority over pixelated dragon stories and I understand that! Good luck on your project!
@Formless

Sin all on his own... no wonder he's bored!

And don't worry, real life always takes priority over pixelated dragon stories and I understand that! Good luck on your project!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 37: Bored at Sea[/b] Roll: 87, neutral [item=Staghorn coral][item=Crowntail surgling][item=staghorn coral] Sin yawned and stretched in his boat. He felt he’d been asleep for weeks. Was he? He steered his boat towards the shore and began his hunting for the day. Another day of boredom began. Nothing interesting happened all day. ALL DAY. It was just bugs and more bugs and freaking trees. Nothing else happened. If this kept up, he’d be a useless pile of mush in no time. Sinularia was slowly going mad from loneliness. It’d only been two days, but that didn’t matter. Sin was kind of a drama queen when it came to these things. [rule] In the office, boredom was also eating away at the employees. Alastra sat at her desk staring at her computer, waiting for something to happen. Ti sat in front of the monitors, slowly melting into a grey-pink lump of feathers and scales. Nothing got done, but there wasn’t anything to do. Suddenly an alert was heard from Alastra’s computer, and every dragon snapped their heads towards their boss. Alastra opened the email that had appeared so everyone in the crowd behind her could see it. It read: [quote=The email] [font=courier new][size=5]To: Manager of Experimental Affairs (ExperimentAffair@[REDACTED].org) From: Head of Research and Development (RandD@[REDACTED].org) Good evening Alastra. We have a new experiment coming in tomorrow, and enclosed are the documents required for proper examination of the subject. I hope that taking notes on these aspects of the new subject, as well as subject 10, won’t be a hindrance to you. [color=blue][u]Note Specifications.docx Experiment Overview.docx[/u][/color][/font][/size][/quote] The crowd scattered as Alastra forwarded the email to them, and soon the office was abuzz with activity again as the dragons crowded around the monitors to take notes and speculate on the outcome of the future experiment. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty @cosmictrash @qthorse1 @V88 @dovalore @finalvalkyrie21 @aetherstorm @ambird @erbor I’m back (sort of)! I have... 12 entries to catch up on. Well then. I’ll attempt to update with two entries a day until we’re caught up. I’ll write as much as I can today, but I’ve still got one major final to study for so updates will be shorter (hopefully not as short as this one, writing a neutral day with no other dragons is hard). I can’t wait to get back into this though!
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 37: Bored at Sea
Roll: 87, neutral
Staghorn Coral Crowntail Surgling Staghorn Coral

Sin yawned and stretched in his boat. He felt he’d been asleep for weeks. Was he? He steered his boat towards the shore and began his hunting for the day. Another day of boredom began.

Nothing interesting happened all day. ALL DAY. It was just bugs and more bugs and freaking trees. Nothing else happened. If this kept up, he’d be a useless pile of mush in no time. Sinularia was slowly going mad from loneliness. It’d only been two days, but that didn’t matter. Sin was kind of a drama queen when it came to these things.

In the office, boredom was also eating away at the employees. Alastra sat at her desk staring at her computer, waiting for something to happen. Ti sat in front of the monitors, slowly melting into a grey-pink lump of feathers and scales. Nothing got done, but there wasn’t anything to do. Suddenly an alert was heard from Alastra’s computer, and every dragon snapped their heads towards their boss. Alastra opened the email that had appeared so everyone in the crowd behind her could see it. It read:
The email wrote:
To: Manager of Experimental Affairs (ExperimentAffair@[REDACTED].org)
From: Head of Research and Development (RandD@[REDACTED].org)

Good evening Alastra. We have a new experiment coming in tomorrow, and enclosed are the documents required for proper examination of the subject. I hope that taking notes on these aspects of the new subject, as well as subject 10, won’t be a hindrance to you.
Note Specifications.docx
Experiment Overview.docx

The crowd scattered as Alastra forwarded the email to them, and soon the office was abuzz with activity again as the dragons crowded around the monitors to take notes and speculate on the outcome of the future experiment.

Pinglist:
@ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty @cosmictrash @qthorse1 @V88 @dovalore @finalvalkyrie21 @aetherstorm @ambird @erbor

I’m back (sort of)! I have... 12 entries to catch up on. Well then. I’ll attempt to update with two entries a day until we’re caught up. I’ll write as much as I can today, but I’ve still got one major final to study for so updates will be shorter (hopefully not as short as this one, writing a neutral day with no other dragons is hard). I can’t wait to get back into this though!
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 38: Light in the Dark[/b] Roll: 160, New dragon [item=Crowntail wanderer][item=Sakura owlet][item=crowntail wanderer] Sin woke up, expecting another day of infuriating loneliness. He missed his clan’s territory, and his friends. He trudged into the forest for another day of hunting when a brilliant red speck appeared in the distance. It was another fae, climbing through the treetops with startling grace. Their wings were tucked in by their sides, and Sinularia could see from the small sparks and char marks on the leaves that it was a Lightning dragon. Sin began to shout and wave his wings frantically, and eventually the red fae looked over and began to Head in his direction. It dropped from the trees and began to speak to Sin. “Hello, I thought I was alone. I’ve been wandering the forest for the better part of the night, but I’m still confused. Where are we?” “I don’t know, I’ve been alone in this godsforsaken forest for two days. There was a guardian, but she left the day after I came here and met her.” Sin sighed. “Do you have a name?” “Amaryllis. An odd name for a lightning dragon, I know.” “Nah, my name’s Sinularia, so we can be on the weirdly-named boat together.” Sin beckoned with a claw towards the clearing. Amaryllis followed, oblivious to the blue fae muttering praises to the Tidelord for finally not being alone. Sin gestured at the clearing. “Welcome to the clearing. Life here isn’t too bad, except it gets awfully boring after a while. Thankfully I now have a cute-“ Sin caught himself, stuttering a little. “I mean, a cool guy like you to keep me company.” They continued walking towards the lake “There are some aquatic bugs in the lake, but most of the food I find is in the forest. You’ll probably be fine as long as you don’t get mobbed by peacocks.” The two fae then sat at the edge of the lake. Amaryllis day in silence, admiring the lake. “I’ve never seen a lake before.” “Really?!” “Nope. Lightning is a desert, and I’ve really only seen sand and circuits my entire life.” Sin stared in awe at the newcomer. All he’d ever seen was water. The water fae gave his best description of the sea possible, and watched his companion. Amaryllis then told Sin of deserts and technology, both awestruck at the other’s way of life. Neither had fathomed the world of the other. The two talked late into the night. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty @cosmictrash @qthorse1 @V88 @dovalore @finalvalkyrie21 @aetherstorm @ambird @erbor Okay, new dragon and a longer entry! I think this should be it for today unless I decide to write more.
Day 38: Light in the Dark
Roll: 160, New dragon
Crowntail Wanderer Sakura Owlet Crowntail Wanderer

Sin woke up, expecting another day of infuriating loneliness. He missed his clan’s territory, and his friends. He trudged into the forest for another day of hunting when a brilliant red speck appeared in the distance.

It was another fae, climbing through the treetops with startling grace. Their wings were tucked in by their sides, and Sinularia could see from the small sparks and char marks on the leaves that it was a Lightning dragon. Sin began to shout and wave his wings frantically, and eventually the red fae looked over and began to Head in his direction. It dropped from the trees and began to speak to Sin.

“Hello, I thought I was alone. I’ve been wandering the forest for the better part of the night, but I’m still confused. Where are we?”
“I don’t know, I’ve been alone in this godsforsaken forest for two days. There was a guardian, but she left the day after I came here and met her.” Sin sighed. “Do you have a name?”
“Amaryllis. An odd name for a lightning dragon, I know.”
“Nah, my name’s Sinularia, so we can be on the weirdly-named boat together.” Sin beckoned with a claw towards the clearing. Amaryllis followed, oblivious to the blue fae muttering praises to the Tidelord for finally not being alone.

Sin gestured at the clearing. “Welcome to the clearing. Life here isn’t too bad, except it gets awfully boring after a while. Thankfully I now have a cute-“ Sin caught himself, stuttering a little. “I mean, a cool guy like you to keep me company.” They continued walking towards the lake “There are some aquatic bugs in the lake, but most of the food I find is in the forest. You’ll probably be fine as long as you don’t get mobbed by peacocks.” The two fae then sat at the edge of the lake. Amaryllis day in silence, admiring the lake.
“I’ve never seen a lake before.”
“Really?!”
“Nope. Lightning is a desert, and I’ve really only seen sand and circuits my entire life.”
Sin stared in awe at the newcomer. All he’d ever seen was water. The water fae gave his best description of the sea possible, and watched his companion. Amaryllis then told Sin of deserts and technology, both awestruck at the other’s way of life. Neither had fathomed the world of the other. The two talked late into the night.

Pinglist:
@ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty @cosmictrash @qthorse1 @V88 @dovalore @finalvalkyrie21 @aetherstorm @ambird @erbor

Okay, new dragon and a longer entry! I think this should be it for today unless I decide to write more.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Formless it’s good to see from you again! Congrats on finishing your tests :)
Also, I love these faes SO MUCH and I ship it and neither of them can die it’s not allowed I’ll stop it. I WILL punch the RNG
@Formless it’s good to see from you again! Congrats on finishing your tests :)
Also, I love these faes SO MUCH and I ship it and neither of them can die it’s not allowed I’ll stop it. I WILL punch the RNG
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo1_250.png
@Formless just finsihed reading this and Im in love. Can I be added to the pinglist please? Also if you need to rehome the dragons in the future (lets hope) I will be happy to take some in
@Formless just finsihed reading this and Im in love. Can I be added to the pinglist please? Also if you need to rehome the dragons in the future (lets hope) I will be happy to take some in
wQA8k.gif fy4en.gif

MRJWRkO.png
@solaristigres I’ll add you now! Thanks for reading :)

@neonkitty I need my adorable fae children to live at all costs. I will sell my soul to the RNG.
@solaristigres I’ll add you now! Thanks for reading :)

@neonkitty I need my adorable fae children to live at all costs. I will sell my soul to the RNG.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Formless

Yay!!! Sin is not alone anymore! Though I am very apprehensive about what's going on with Amaryllis to warrant such a warning...
@Formless

Yay!!! Sin is not alone anymore! Though I am very apprehensive about what's going on with Amaryllis to warrant such a warning...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 39: I Must be Dreaming[/b] Roll: 89, neutral [item=Smolderpetal][item=Staghorn coral][item=Smolderpetal] Both Sin and Amaryllis awoke in a messy tangle of limbs, having fallen asleep together the night before. After hurriedly separating themselves, Sin led his companion to the tent by the water where he usually slept. As one fae explored his new home, the other put his glasses back on. He then pinched himself for good measure. He must’ve been dreaming this. Come on, first being stuck alone in a forest and now meeting a cute guy? Maybe he’d gone mad and was hallucinating. “Hey, are you ready? We’re running low on food, so would you mind showing me where to catch some insects?” Amaryllis emerged from the tent, his clothes tidied. “Sure, uh- sure, let me show you, Amaryllis. Do you have a nickname or something?” “No, not really. Sorry.” The two set off into the woods. It was a peaceful walk. Well, Sin walked. Amaryllis leapt between trees, becoming a tiny red blur in the trees. The fae forgot he was being guided somewhere, instead opting to leave the blue fae behind. “You do know you’re supposed to be following me, right? It’s no use leading you if you bound ahead of me.” Sin shouted, stopping to catch his breath. Swimming was so much easier than this. “Oh, whoops.” Amaryllis dropped from the trees, attempting to land with some grace. “I’m sorry, I got caught up in the moment. This is all really new, and I just want to take it in.” “No, no, it’s fine.” Sin panted. “Just stay with me.” He grabbed Amaryllis’s claw, attempting to suppress his thoughts and keep himself from blushing. He led Amaryllis to a large, hollow tree filled with bugs. The two had a late lunch, then returned again to their home. Over a small fire they’d built, they roasted bugs and talked more. They talked about where they’d been (not very far from their homelands), what they’d done there (again, not really much), and their past jobs. They then fell asleep in the tent by the water, claws entwined. [rule] “Ti, we have drama.” Alastra shouted to Ti, who was drowning in his own sea of paperwork. Again. “What kind of drama? Are experiments dying again?” “No. There’s [i]romance[/i].” In a minute there was a large pile of papers and one skydancer in front of the monitors. “Oh, I’ve got to see this. Are they cute together?” “Yep. Two faes. Look at those cute little guys holding hands.” Alastra gushed over the two sleeping experiments. Ti stopped. “You do realize there’s a high possibility of one or both of these people will die, right? We shouldn’t get attached.” “You don’t get it, Ti. What if they don’t die?” “Then they’ll be separated when they’re rehomed.” “You’re a buzzkill. Let me have my cute romance in peace.” “Fine. I’ll be back with my paperwork, tell me if something else happens.” Ti left Alastra in front of the monitors, the spiral watching until morning. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty @cosmictrash @qthorse1 @V88 @dovalore @finalvalkyrie21 @aetherstorm @ambird @erbor @solaristigres I said I wouldn’t write more, but I couldn’t resist writing more of my cute little fae boys. I’m such a sucker for these two, if RNG kills either of them I’ll kick it in its nonexistent face. Anyways, good night (unless I decide to update once more).
Day 39: I Must be Dreaming
Roll: 89, neutral
Smolderpetal Staghorn Coral Smolderpetal

Both Sin and Amaryllis awoke in a messy tangle of limbs, having fallen asleep together the night before. After hurriedly separating themselves, Sin led his companion to the tent by the water where he usually slept. As one fae explored his new home, the other put his glasses back on. He then pinched himself for good measure. He must’ve been dreaming this. Come on, first being stuck alone in a forest and now meeting a cute guy? Maybe he’d gone mad and was hallucinating.

“Hey, are you ready? We’re running low on food, so would you mind showing me where to catch some insects?” Amaryllis emerged from the tent, his clothes tidied.
“Sure, uh- sure, let me show you, Amaryllis. Do you have a nickname or something?”
“No, not really. Sorry.” The two set off into the woods.

It was a peaceful walk. Well, Sin walked. Amaryllis leapt between trees, becoming a tiny red blur in the trees. The fae forgot he was being guided somewhere, instead opting to leave the blue fae behind.
“You do know you’re supposed to be following me, right? It’s no use leading you if you bound ahead of me.” Sin shouted, stopping to catch his breath. Swimming was so much easier than this.
“Oh, whoops.” Amaryllis dropped from the trees, attempting to land with some grace. “I’m sorry, I got caught up in the moment. This is all really new, and I just want to take it in.”
“No, no, it’s fine.” Sin panted. “Just stay with me.” He grabbed Amaryllis’s claw, attempting to suppress his thoughts and keep himself from blushing. He led Amaryllis to a large, hollow tree filled with bugs. The two had a late lunch, then returned again to their home. Over a small fire they’d built, they roasted bugs and talked more. They talked about where they’d been (not very far from their homelands), what they’d done there (again, not really much), and their past jobs. They then fell asleep in the tent by the water, claws entwined.

“Ti, we have drama.” Alastra shouted to Ti, who was drowning in his own sea of paperwork. Again.
“What kind of drama? Are experiments dying again?”
“No. There’s romance.” In a minute there was a large pile of papers and one skydancer in front of the monitors.
“Oh, I’ve got to see this. Are they cute together?”
“Yep. Two faes. Look at those cute little guys holding hands.” Alastra gushed over the two sleeping experiments. Ti stopped.
“You do realize there’s a high possibility of one or both of these people will die, right? We shouldn’t get attached.”
“You don’t get it, Ti. What if they don’t die?”
“Then they’ll be separated when they’re rehomed.”
“You’re a buzzkill. Let me have my cute romance in peace.”
“Fine. I’ll be back with my paperwork, tell me if something else happens.” Ti left Alastra in front of the monitors, the spiral watching until morning.

Pinglist:
@ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty @cosmictrash @qthorse1 @V88 @dovalore @finalvalkyrie21 @aetherstorm @ambird @erbor @solaristigres

I said I wouldn’t write more, but I couldn’t resist writing more of my cute little fae boys. I’m such a sucker for these two, if RNG kills either of them I’ll kick it in its nonexistent face. Anyways, good night (unless I decide to update once more).
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Formless
AAAAHHHHH They're so cute together *w*
@Formless
AAAAHHHHH They're so cute together *w*
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They