Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Everything’s Fine: A Timelocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40
@Shadowbirch can I be added to the pinglist?
@Shadowbirch can I be added to the pinglist?
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@relics added!
@relics added!
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 2: Flowers Bloom the Prettiest.[/b] Roll: 20, Challenge [item=Bloody snapdragon][item=silver pocketwatch][item=bloody snapdragon] The three dragons awoke to face the day ahead of them. They all stretch, and then wander deeper into the forest. Cyprus took the lead this time, though they all could tell he wasn’t feeling well. The water dragon looked overly tired, though he had only spent one full day in the forest, and his once royal blue eyes now looked almost pale and teal. Nevertheless, he led them on into the forest and caught some small birds for the others to eat. He began to absentmindedly chew on a stray blade of grass while they are their lunch, but Azul began to think Cyprus was just sick, and Tree agreed. Then Cyprus began to spasm. [color=transparent]P L A N T S W A T C H I N G[/color] The Nocturne began to convulse, slowly at first, but then branching into a full out seizure . Tree and Azul watched in horror as the only dragon who knew what was going on started to die. His seizures faded, but instead something more horrible happened. From the crevices in his scales, large, red flowers began to bloom, covering his entire body and eventually making him disappear in a large swath of red snapdragons. He was gone. [rule] “Miss! There’s been a problem!” A young spiral, almost knotted from stress, burst into the Head of the Experiment’s office. The Pearlcatcher looked at her employee and demanded an explanation for why she would run into her office. “The first test subject has destabilized and is now dead.” The employee, named Alastra, replied. “Did they escape? Did the other subjects cause this?” The Head turned back to her work, disinterested. Failure was normal in this business. “No. But the first test subject is now covered in fully grown snapdragons. It’s said he went into seizures before-“ “You said he grew [i]flowers[/i]? A water dragon?” Now this was interesting. “Yes. The cam-golems also recorded an eye color shift. Is there a problem?” “No. . . Not at all. You can return to your work now. Thank you, Alastra.” The spiral promptly left her office, leaving her alone. The experiment was working. Her Paradise would be completed in a matter of time. [color=transparent]G R O W I N G.[/color] Pinglist: @/petall @/ilimati @/relics This is an early update! Okay wow this went very dark in a very short amount of time. RNG really threw me a curveball with killing Cyprus but.. what can you do.
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 2: Flowers Bloom the Prettiest.
Roll: 20, Challenge
Bloody Snapdragon Silver Pocketwatch Bloody Snapdragon

The three dragons awoke to face the day ahead of them. They all stretch, and then wander deeper into the forest. Cyprus took the lead this time, though they all could tell he wasn’t feeling well. The water dragon looked overly tired, though he had only spent one full day in the forest, and his once royal blue eyes now looked almost pale and teal. Nevertheless, he led them on into the forest and caught some small birds for the others to eat. He began to absentmindedly chew on a stray blade of grass while they are their lunch, but Azul began to think Cyprus was just sick, and Tree agreed. Then Cyprus began to spasm.
P L A N T S W A T C H I N G
The Nocturne began to convulse, slowly at first, but then branching into a full out seizure . Tree and Azul watched in horror as the only dragon who knew what was going on started to die. His seizures faded, but instead something more horrible happened. From the crevices in his scales, large, red flowers began to bloom, covering his entire body and eventually making him disappear in a large swath of red snapdragons. He was gone.

“Miss! There’s been a problem!” A young spiral, almost knotted from stress, burst into the Head of the Experiment’s office. The Pearlcatcher looked at her employee and demanded an explanation for why she would run into her office.
“The first test subject has destabilized and is now dead.” The employee, named Alastra, replied.
“Did they escape? Did the other subjects cause this?” The Head turned back to her work, disinterested. Failure was normal in this business.
“No. But the first test subject is now covered in fully grown snapdragons. It’s said he went into seizures before-“
“You said he grew flowers? A water dragon?” Now this was interesting.
“Yes. The cam-golems also recorded an eye color shift. Is there a problem?”
“No. . . Not at all. You can return to your work now. Thank you, Alastra.” The spiral promptly left her office, leaving her alone.
The experiment was working. Her Paradise would be completed in a matter of time.
G R O W I N G.
Pinglist:
@/petall @/ilimati @/relics
This is an early update! Okay wow this went very dark in a very short amount of time. RNG really threw me a curveball with killing Cyprus but.. what can you do.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Oooo that was a surprise! I think Cyprus is the first death in a Timelocke, at least in my own and those I've read. I'm not sure whether to congratulate you on that or offer my condolences.
@Shadowbirch

Oooo that was a surprise! I think Cyprus is the first death in a Timelocke, at least in my own and those I've read. I'm not sure whether to congratulate you on that or offer my condolences.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@petall Wow. I must have majorly ticked off RNG to get the first ever Timelocke death on easy mode.
@petall Wow. I must have majorly ticked off RNG to get the first ever Timelocke death on easy mode.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
Ouch.

Just remember... everything’s fine...
Ouch.

Just remember... everything’s fine...
sz13nwR.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 2.5: Test Subject Autopsy[/b] Roll:N/A, Exposition [item=Glass knife][item=Bloody snapdragon][item=Glass knife] Alastra sat huddled near an old computer, furiously typing out a report for her boss to read. She was the Manager of Experimental Affairs, which was a glorified word for experiment zookeeper. She held a small, one-page report in her hands a half hour later, littered with hand-written notes crossed out along the way. [/center] [quote=Test Subject 1 Review and Autopsy] [font=courier new][size=5]Alastra Lilyblood Autopsy and Review of Subject 1 “Cyprus” “Cyprus” was the first test subject in the [spoiler]just figured out how to do this[/spoiler], also known as the “Paradise Project”. They were a small, well-built water Nocturne. Subject was very protective of the youngest experiment “Tree” and acted as a leader as soon as they awoke in the control biome. Subject 1 began destabilizing soon after introduction into the biome, and began to show signs of weakness and fatigue. Rapid eye color change was witnessed on day 2 of their release, and weakness increased until the subject began to have seizures, eventually dying. Large snapdragons sprouted from the experiment’s eyes, mouth and in between their scales shortly before death.[/font] [font=cursive][s]Does this affect the brain? Why is this happening? He was stable in the test lab.[/s][/font] [font=courier new]Autopsy was done shortly after death, and other test subjects in the biome were sedated. They will stay in the test area until further notice. Curiously, the snapdragons continued to grow, even after death.[/font][font=cursive][s]Are they feeding off the subject’s blood?[/s][/font][font=courier new] Post mortem Autopsy revealed nothing out of the ordinary for a dragon, save an abnormal amount of plant matter in the muscle tissue. These growths have existed before the seizures, possibly the first day in the biome. Genetic testing is being done and results will arrive shortly.[/font] [font=cursive]I pray that things go well.[/font][/quote] @/ilimati @/petall @/relics I wrote... more? I also learned how to use the spoiler feature, so expect lots of that in the future. Also I think Alastra’s going to be my favorite character this entire ‘Locke [s]It’s definitely not because she’s unkillable. Definitely not.[/s] Edit: typos. Typos everywhere. They have been fixed.
Day 2.5: Test Subject Autopsy
Roll:N/A, Exposition
Glass Knife Bloody Snapdragon Glass Knife

Alastra sat huddled near an old computer, furiously typing out a report for her boss to read. She was the Manager of Experimental Affairs, which was a glorified word for experiment zookeeper. She held a small, one-page report in her hands a half hour later, littered with hand-written notes crossed out along the way.
Test Subject 1 Review and Autopsy wrote:
Alastra Lilyblood
Autopsy and Review of Subject 1 “Cyprus”

“Cyprus” was the first test subject in the just figured out how to do this, also known as the “Paradise Project”. They were a small, well-built water Nocturne. Subject was very protective of the youngest experiment “Tree” and acted as a leader as soon as they awoke in the control biome.

Subject 1 began destabilizing soon after introduction into the biome, and began to show signs of weakness and fatigue. Rapid eye color change was witnessed on day 2 of their release, and weakness increased until the subject began to have seizures, eventually dying. Large snapdragons sprouted from the experiment’s eyes, mouth and in between their scales shortly before death.
Does this affect the brain? Why is this happening? He was stable in the test lab.

Autopsy was done shortly after death, and other test subjects in the biome were sedated. They will stay in the test area until further notice. Curiously, the snapdragons continued to grow, even after death.Are they feeding off the subject’s blood? Post mortem Autopsy revealed nothing out of the ordinary for a dragon, save an abnormal amount of plant matter in the muscle tissue. These growths have existed before the seizures, possibly the first day in the biome. Genetic testing is being done and results will arrive shortly.
I pray that things go well.

@/ilimati @/petall @/relics
I wrote... more? I also learned how to use the spoiler feature, so expect lots of that in the future. Also I think Alastra’s going to be my favorite character this entire ‘Locke It’s definitely not because she’s unkillable. Definitely not.
Edit: typos. Typos everywhere. They have been fixed.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
Wow. This turned dark.

*scoots forward in seat*
Wow. This turned dark.

*scoots forward in seat*
sz13nwR.png
@Shadowbirch

Up until now I was merely intrigued. Now I am utterly hooked.

(Also, I nearly had a heart attack yesterday because when I was bonding with familiars yesterday I saw that my noc girl in my Timelocke has a father named Cyprus, but turns out it's a different noc Cyprus. Thought you might find that an interesting addition.)
@Shadowbirch

Up until now I was merely intrigued. Now I am utterly hooked.

(Also, I nearly had a heart attack yesterday because when I was bonding with familiars yesterday I saw that my noc girl in my Timelocke has a father named Cyprus, but turns out it's a different noc Cyprus. Thought you might find that an interesting addition.)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 3: Re: Awakening[/b] Roll: 100, neutral [item=Venus flytrap][item=ivy][item=Venus flytrap] [color=transparent]Sedatives may cause: spasms, delusions, memory loss[/color] Two dragons awoke in the same clearing. Tree awoke first and realized that he’d grown while he was asleep. He was sprinting about and testing his longer legs when Azul woke up beside him. “Hey, Tree, this is some major deja vu, right?” Azul lifted himself out of the coil he was in and walked across the clearing to Tree. “Why? We weren’t... wait... where were we yesterday? Why are we here?” He stopped, pausing near the edge of the forest. “We’ve been here two days... I swear someone was with us.” “Are you sure? I don’t remember anyone, Tree. Are you sure you’re alright?” Azul attempted to fly his way over to Azul across the clearing, but discovered once again all six of his wings couldn’t catch air. Tree’s wings, he discovered, had the same hashes, but they seemed newer. Both dragons looked the other over for other injuries, and Azul plucked a leaf off of the wildclaw’s back. Other than that, both dragons seemed no worse for the wear and headed back into the forest, the same direction they came before. In the glowing red eye of a camera golem, their reactions were noted and fed to the array of monitors. [rule] Alastra sat worried in front of the monitors. The closest cam-golem only barely saw Subject 3 pluck off a leaf from 2, but it was unclear whether this was because of the treatment or simply debris. An intern came up to her with the lab testing, handing her the small sheet before walking away. She read it on the spot, and then went back to her office. This wasn’t going to be pretty.[/center] [quote=Subject 1 Genetic Testing] [font=courier new][size=5]Xerox Crackle Head of Genetic Analysis [color=transparent]Bad naming skills by me.[/color] Genetic Testing Results Subject 1 genetic analysis shows major changes to the genes for [spoiler]tissue production[/spoiler], leaving affected areas to become almost woodlike in makeup and texture. Eye color genes were not manipulated. No [spoiler]chloroplasts[/spoiler] were observed in cells post mortem but there were many plant roots in subject’s bloodstream as samples were being collected. Genetic testing on other test subjects seems like a wise idea.[/font][/size] [/quote] Pinglist: @/ilimati @/relics @/petall Day 3 felt kinda boring compared to the roller coaster of day 2, but we still have plot development. Expect to see more of Alastra in the coming days, mostly because I want to integrate more of the lab aspect of this story. I also got a bloody snapdragon from Pinkerton. He knows.
Day 3: Re: Awakening
Roll: 100, neutral
Venus Flytrap Ivy Venus Flytrap
Sedatives may cause: spasms, delusions, memory loss
Two dragons awoke in the same clearing. Tree awoke first and realized that he’d grown while he was asleep. He was sprinting about and testing his longer legs when Azul woke up beside him.
“Hey, Tree, this is some major deja vu, right?” Azul lifted himself out of the coil he was in and walked across the clearing to Tree.
“Why? We weren’t... wait... where were we yesterday? Why are we here?” He stopped, pausing near the edge of the forest. “We’ve been here two days... I swear someone was with us.”
“Are you sure? I don’t remember anyone, Tree. Are you sure you’re alright?” Azul attempted to fly his way over to Azul across the clearing, but discovered once again all six of his wings couldn’t catch air. Tree’s wings, he discovered, had the same hashes, but they seemed newer. Both dragons looked the other over for other injuries, and Azul plucked a leaf off of the wildclaw’s back. Other than that, both dragons seemed no worse for the wear and headed back into the forest, the same direction they came before. In the glowing red eye of a camera golem, their reactions were noted and fed to the array of monitors.

Alastra sat worried in front of the monitors. The closest cam-golem only barely saw Subject 3 pluck off a leaf from 2, but it was unclear whether this was because of the treatment or simply debris. An intern came up to her with the lab testing, handing her the small sheet before walking away. She read it on the spot, and then went back to her office. This wasn’t going to be pretty.
Subject 1 Genetic Testing wrote:
Xerox Crackle
Head of Genetic Analysis
Bad naming skills by me.
Genetic Testing Results

Subject 1 genetic analysis shows major changes to the genes for tissue production, leaving affected areas to become almost woodlike in makeup and texture. Eye color genes were not manipulated. No chloroplasts were observed in cells post mortem but there were many plant roots in subject’s bloodstream as samples were being collected. Genetic testing on other test subjects seems like a wise idea.

Pinglist:
@/ilimati @/relics @/petall
Day 3 felt kinda boring compared to the roller coaster of day 2, but we still have plot development. Expect to see more of Alastra in the coming days, mostly because I want to integrate more of the lab aspect of this story. I also got a bloody snapdragon from Pinkerton. He knows.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40