Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art block help?
im having a terrible art block and i have art trades to complete.
i cant draw when looking at a ref pic that is in a 'more developed' style than my art and i get discouraged. i guess just throw sketches at me? i really dont know. any suggestions for what to do when in an art block would help too.
im having a terrible art block and i have art trades to complete.
i cant draw when looking at a ref pic that is in a 'more developed' style than my art and i get discouraged. i guess just throw sketches at me? i really dont know. any suggestions for what to do when in an art block would help too.
space 45727959_wjSLU10pqvydDyT.png?1645336354.png
Raven Mokian
FZqr7VJ.png
ePOliyb.png
Down to talk, trade, whatevs!
Only friend me if we've talked plz
6kCimue.gif
@BlazingPhoenix01 I saw this one method on tumblr ages ago but it went something like this. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/0oTSmfL.png[/img][/center] [b]You make a doodle like this.[/b] A huge, detailed but erratic squiggle-dump. Just make your hand go all crazy filling your canvas with one huge stroke of lines and curves. There's absolutely no organization to it. Just draw quickly yet spend your time trying to make the shapes as random as possible! The more the canvas is filled up, the more fun the second part is. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/KRFloRy.png[/img][/center] [b]Finding a drawing inside the mess![/b] So you use the mass of squiggles and make something from it. You can see I improvised some of it, like the belly of the guardian, but most of it went along with the lines in the squiggles. When you do this, finding art in the mess, you'll find yourself just ... drawing. And when you don't need the squiggles anymore, usually your art block goes away. You find yourself drawing on your own again. c: Hope this helps!
@BlazingPhoenix01

I saw this one method on tumblr ages ago but it went something like this.
0oTSmfL.png

You make a doodle like this. A huge, detailed but erratic squiggle-dump. Just make your hand go all crazy filling your canvas with one huge stroke of lines and curves. There's absolutely no organization to it. Just draw quickly yet spend your time trying to make the shapes as random as possible!

The more the canvas is filled up, the more fun the second part is.

KRFloRy.png

Finding a drawing inside the mess! So you use the mass of squiggles and make something from it. You can see I improvised some of it, like the belly of the guardian, but most of it went along with the lines in the squiggles. When you do this, finding art in the mess, you'll find yourself just ... drawing. And when you don't need the squiggles anymore, usually your art block goes away. You find yourself drawing on your own again. c:

Hope this helps!
hR0Jew3.png
SdTCfaF.png

LatCuiE.png
@Skedge
wow :D thanks. thats really cool how there were interesting dragons in that mess.
i'll try that later. maybe i'll end up with another OC.
@Skedge
wow :D thanks. thats really cool how there were interesting dragons in that mess.
i'll try that later. maybe i'll end up with another OC.
space 45727959_wjSLU10pqvydDyT.png?1645336354.png
Raven Mokian
FZqr7VJ.png
ePOliyb.png
Down to talk, trade, whatevs!
Only friend me if we've talked plz
6kCimue.gif