Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Chasing the Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2021835][img]http://i.imgur.com/jgIXeoW.png[/img][/url] [font=papyrus][size=7][color=Purple][u]Day 1[/u][/color][/size][/font] [item=rainbow trout] (Well, since two of my dragons are technically still hatchlings, I’ll just incorporate a battle in the story) I casually strolled through the plains of the Abiding Boneyard, my claws clicking on any buried skeletons they struck. I’m not entirely sure where I’m going. Right now, I’m cutting through the Scarred Wasteland to get to the Tangled Wood, which is far enough away from the Starfall Isles that I’ll feel safe. Of course, I don’t feel safe [i]now[/i]. I have the uncanny feeling of being watched or, worse, followed. I always feel that if I look up, something dark flits just out of my sight, and it’s so frustrating that I wish I’d learned magic so I could yank them down to terra firma. It isn’t until I crest a slight hill that I realize the danger may be much closer. At the base of the hill is a small pink and purple fae fiddling with what looks like a whistle. She seems rigid and coiled, ready to spring at a nonexistent foe. Curious, I began to make my way down to her. This fae must have super-hearing, because the moment I stepped off of a rubbery stretch she whipped around and pounced. Despite all my battle training, I was so unprepared that she was able to struggle on top of me. Being a spiral, most enemies are larger than me. Faes are an exception. I’m not sure that she realized this until I flip and land triumphantly on her chest. “Nice surprise element you’ve got going there. Now you just need to work on the actual fighting part.” I grinned mischievously. She bared her little fae teeth at me in response. “Get off of me,” She said in a voice so cold that I would’ve shivered had it not come from a fae. I raised my eyebrows. “Why?” I asked mockingly. “To avoid getting hurt?” That’s when the unexpected happened. Something with the deafening roar and force of an explosion blew me off of her and caused me to land on my back ten feet away, my body splayed like an inelegant noodle. I tried to move, but all I could do was raise my head a little. The rest of me felt like it had been hollowed out and then filled with sand. I was helpless. The fae was on her feet, unharmed. A large circle of blackened earth was where she stood, and there was even a small crater under her feet. She began marching towards me, and I thought, [i]I can’t believe it. I’m killed by a fae, and a little girl to boot.[/i] Of course, unexpectedness wasn’t done with me yet. Suddenly a jet of some thick purple liquid shot from the sky and landed directly on the fae’s face. She screamed and fell backwards as the goop hardened into a shell, creating a mask that I imagined would suffocate her. Behind me, I heard footsteps as my savior landed. I felt two talons look under my armpits and drag me upright - not my proudest moment - and then release me in hopes of me being able to stand on my own, to which I responded by dropping like a lead weight - also not my proudest moment. As I lay helpless on the ground, wondering what they would do next, a head came into view above my own. It was that of a ridgeback, and not a bad-looking one at that. See, I have a thing for kick-tail smoking chicks, and this gal fit the bill. She had a purple and green face, with light eyes and tiny scars (of various types) dotting her nose. I could see she was one of those rare dragons with a glass stomach filled with some purple liquid, and I still find it amusing that she evidently beat that fae with her spit. I couldn’t help but smile, which, considering I was sitting there and staring at her like an idiot, was not my smoothest move. “Can you stand?” She asked worriedly, her eyebrows crinkled. Oh, great. Now I bet she’s questioning my sanity. I tried to nod and sit up, but I still felt like a sandbag and decided to remain prone rather than admit defeat. Especially in front of a girl. Although, now that I got a good look at her, she seems more like this was spur-of-the-moment rather than her full-time job of kicking tails. Well, calm girls like bad boys even more. Wait, why am I even playing matchmaker here? I’m a little busy losing a battle against gravity. Naturally, at that moment something zips startlingly close, and I can tilt my head to see the fae is back on her feet, all traces of the spit-goop gone. In fact, her face is flawless. [i]Literally[/i]. She may even have the ridgeback beat when it comes to looks, although I was a little busy trying to kill her earlier to notice. Speaking of. The ridgeback is clearly about to fire another round at her when she says a single word: “Wait.” The world seems to freeze. The two of us are obviously suspicious of the fae, and the ridgeback doesn’t let her mouth close. The fae takes a deep breath. “Let me explain. First of all, my name is Nega- Hope. Hope, sorry. I attacked you because I thought you were one of the plague perverts who likes to ambush girls for kicks.” I snorted, but she ignored me. “And... I’m kinda alone, so I am a bit on edge.” I raised my eyebrows again. “You say that like you want to join me.” It’s the ridgeback’s turn to snort. “Yes, we all want to join the dead meat lying on the floor.” I get an indescribable urge to swat her. “Um... actually, a group would be nice...” Hope shifted uncomfortably. The ridgeback looked defensive. “Sorry, two’s a party, three’s a crowd. We’re fine.” I look up at her. “Who said you were coming?” “Uh, besides the fact that you’re currently our resident spaghetti noddle?” “... Checkmate.” The ridgeback looked back up. “So, you can’t co-” “Welcome aboard.” They both jumped and gave me startled looks. I flashed a classy devil-may-care smile. “What, if the ladies are flocking to me, I’m not going to push them away. That, and at the moment, you could kindly do something to make up for the fact that [i]you[/i] are the reason I’m here.” Hope managed a small smile. “Oh thanks.” The ridgeback frowned. “Hmm... I still don’t trust you, but I guess it’s not my group. Name’s Alchemy, by the way.” “Mine’s Sandsnek.” Hope’s smile grew and she came forward the help hoist my body - [i]definitely[/i] not my proudest moment - but she flinched as she touched my ankle. “You’re hot!” She exclaimed, searching me for signs of fever. I grinned. “Thanks, you are too.” She blushed. “No - I didn’t - just shut up.” Pointedly looking down, she grabbed my ankles as Alchemy hooked under my armpits, and they began carrying me Arcanist-knows-where. Thus, our journey began. @ObsidianMage
jgIXeoW.png

Day 1

Rainbow Trout

(Well, since two of my dragons are technically still hatchlings, I’ll just incorporate a battle in the story)

I casually strolled through the plains of the Abiding Boneyard, my claws clicking on any buried skeletons they struck. I’m not entirely sure where I’m going. Right now, I’m cutting through the Scarred Wasteland to get to the Tangled Wood, which is far enough away from the Starfall Isles that I’ll feel safe.
Of course, I don’t feel safe now. I have the uncanny feeling of being watched or, worse, followed. I always feel that if I look up, something dark flits just out of my sight, and it’s so frustrating that I wish I’d learned magic so I could yank them down to terra firma. It isn’t until I crest a slight hill that I realize the danger may be much closer.
At the base of the hill is a small pink and purple fae fiddling with what looks like a whistle. She seems rigid and coiled, ready to spring at a nonexistent foe. Curious, I began to make my way down to her.
This fae must have super-hearing, because the moment I stepped off of a rubbery stretch she whipped around and pounced. Despite all my battle training, I was so unprepared that she was able to struggle on top of me. Being a spiral, most enemies are larger than me. Faes are an exception. I’m not sure that she realized this until I flip and land triumphantly on her chest.
“Nice surprise element you’ve got going there. Now you just need to work on the actual fighting part.” I grinned mischievously. She bared her little fae teeth at me in response.
“Get off of me,” She said in a voice so cold that I would’ve shivered had it not come from a fae.
I raised my eyebrows. “Why?” I asked mockingly. “To avoid getting hurt?”
That’s when the unexpected happened. Something with the deafening roar and force of an explosion blew me off of her and caused me to land on my back ten feet away, my body splayed like an inelegant noodle. I tried to move, but all I could do was raise my head a little. The rest of me felt like it had been hollowed out and then filled with sand.
I was helpless.
The fae was on her feet, unharmed. A large circle of blackened earth was where she stood, and there was even a small crater under her feet. She began marching towards me, and I thought, I can’t believe it. I’m killed by a fae, and a little girl to boot.
Of course, unexpectedness wasn’t done with me yet. Suddenly a jet of some thick purple liquid shot from the sky and landed directly on the fae’s face. She screamed and fell backwards as the goop hardened into a shell, creating a mask that I imagined would suffocate her.
Behind me, I heard footsteps as my savior landed. I felt two talons look under my armpits and drag me upright - not my proudest moment - and then release me in hopes of me being able to stand on my own, to which I responded by dropping like a lead weight - also not my proudest moment. As I lay helpless on the ground, wondering what they would do next, a head came into view above my own.
It was that of a ridgeback, and not a bad-looking one at that. See, I have a thing for kick-tail smoking chicks, and this gal fit the bill. She had a purple and green face, with light eyes and tiny scars (of various types) dotting her nose. I could see she was one of those rare dragons with a glass stomach filled with some purple liquid, and I still find it amusing that she evidently beat that fae with her spit. I couldn’t help but smile, which, considering I was sitting there and staring at her like an idiot, was not my smoothest move.
“Can you stand?” She asked worriedly, her eyebrows crinkled. Oh, great. Now I bet she’s questioning my sanity. I tried to nod and sit up, but I still felt like a sandbag and decided to remain prone rather than admit defeat. Especially in front of a girl. Although, now that I got a good look at her, she seems more like this was spur-of-the-moment rather than her full-time job of kicking tails. Well, calm girls like bad boys even more.
Wait, why am I even playing matchmaker here? I’m a little busy losing a battle against gravity.
Naturally, at that moment something zips startlingly close, and I can tilt my head to see the fae is back on her feet, all traces of the spit-goop gone. In fact, her face is flawless. Literally. She may even have the ridgeback beat when it comes to looks, although I was a little busy trying to kill her earlier to notice.
Speaking of. The ridgeback is clearly about to fire another round at her when she says a single word: “Wait.”
The world seems to freeze. The two of us are obviously suspicious of the fae, and the ridgeback doesn’t let her mouth close. The fae takes a deep breath.
“Let me explain. First of all, my name is Nega- Hope. Hope, sorry. I attacked you because I thought you were one of the plague perverts who likes to ambush girls for kicks.” I snorted, but she ignored me. “And... I’m kinda alone, so I am a bit on edge.”
I raised my eyebrows again. “You say that like you want to join me.”
It’s the ridgeback’s turn to snort. “Yes, we all want to join the dead meat lying on the floor.” I get an indescribable urge to swat her.
“Um... actually, a group would be nice...” Hope shifted uncomfortably.
The ridgeback looked defensive. “Sorry, two’s a party, three’s a crowd. We’re fine.”
I look up at her. “Who said you were coming?”
“Uh, besides the fact that you’re currently our resident spaghetti noddle?”
“... Checkmate.”
The ridgeback looked back up. “So, you can’t co-”
“Welcome aboard.” They both jumped and gave me startled looks. I flashed a classy devil-may-care smile. “What, if the ladies are flocking to me, I’m not going to push them away. That, and at the moment, you could kindly do something to make up for the fact that you are the reason I’m here.”
Hope managed a small smile. “Oh thanks.”
The ridgeback frowned. “Hmm... I still don’t trust you, but I guess it’s not my group. Name’s Alchemy, by the way.”
“Mine’s Sandsnek.”
Hope’s smile grew and she came forward the help hoist my body - definitely not my proudest moment - but she flinched as she touched my ankle.
“You’re hot!” She exclaimed, searching me for signs of fever.
I grinned. “Thanks, you are too.”
She blushed. “No - I didn’t - just shut up.” Pointedly looking down, she grabbed my ankles as Alchemy hooked under my armpits, and they began carrying me Arcanist-knows-where.
Thus, our journey began.

@ObsidianMage
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
Ooh, add me to the ping list too~! Alchemy has such gorgeous genes...!

Good luck! Pinkerlockes are so nerve racking..!
Ooh, add me to the ping list too~! Alchemy has such gorgeous genes...!

Good luck! Pinkerlockes are so nerve racking..!
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2021835][img]http://i.imgur.com/GoF4bnD.png[/img][/url] [font=papyrus][size=7][color=Purple][u]Day 2[/u][/color][/size][/font] [item=Berserker] (Second time I’m supposed to fight. I swear, Pinkerton is trying to tell me something...) I sat curled up like a python in the mouth of the cave. Yes, cave. The ladies found a cave bordering on the coast that we decided to stick in, and although the stench is horrible and we’re still rooting monsters out of it, it’s close enough to a house. I heard the [i]tap tap tap[/i] of light claws behind me and looked around to see Hope cautiously approaching. “How are you feeling?” She asks warily. I can tell she still feels guilty about doing some taboo mojo on me that left me as helpful as a grape. “I still can’t feel my toes,” I bemoan. Despite the obvious sarcastic self-pity in my voice, I legitimately can’t feel my toes. At least they don’t feel like weights anymore. She looked down at my claws. “Oh. Sorry. Well, um, we - Alchemy and I - were wondering if you’d help us kill these fungi that have been fighting back.” I raise my eyebrows. “You need my help to kill an overgrown mushroom?” She shrugs. “My attacks use a lot of energy, and Alchemy is a scientist, not a warrior.” I give her a questioning look. “Oh yeah, we’ve been bonding while we work on ridding the infestation in this place, and sharing our stories. Turns out she was accused of summoning the Shade and was about to be burned by the stake at her old clan.” “Ouch.” I gingerly stand up. “Well, Alright, if you say so.” She leads me back into the cave, where I see Alchemy sparring with what looks like a lizard growing fungus. “Ew. It’s literally already decomposing.” Hope sighs. “I actually thinks it’s cute. But we still have to kill it.” I respond by sending a classy Mana Bolt at it, which it is not expecting and in turn decimates it. However, to our surprise, three jump out of hidden crevices and attack us, keeping our hands full. The battle is going great, everyone winning against their opponents. Just as the second lizard is defeated and I’m the only one fighting left, I scream and fall backwards, clutching my chest. The two girls immediately snap their attention to my lizard, and in the blur of movement that follows, I pick up nothing until a few seconds later, the girls stand over what looks like a charred chunk of bone and tissue, and then they rush over to me. I’m gasping, my hands cupped over my heart, my eyes unfocused. I can just make out their faces leaning over mine, expressions of shock and horror on their faces. “It’s too late,” I croak. “No,” Alchemy says, her voice surprisingly firm. “I swore I would never see another innocent dragon dead on my account. We can still save you. YOU. WILL. NOT. DIE.” I weakly shake my head and lift a talon to lightly touch her cheek. “You can save lives,” I agree. “But you can’t save mine.” Suddenly, Hope gasps, pointing to where I accidentally let my talon slip away from on my chest. “You’re not even hurt!!!” She exclaims. Alchemy looks down and gasps as well. “What- but how- I thought-“ It isn’t until I break out laughing that they both catch on. “YOU FREAK!!!” Hope screams, slapping me so hard on the snout that I almost shut up. Almost. “YOU SCARED US!!!” I keep laughing. “That - was the point - wasn’t it?” I make out between fits of laughter. Alchemy is just standing to the side, mouth agape, until she pulls herself together and marches out of the room with all the sass and authority of a princess, pointedly not looking back at me. Hope looks livid, yet although looks like she too is on the brink of laughter. I keep howling. “Oh,” I say after a long breath that calms my laughter. “That was so worth it.” As if to prove me wrong, Hope slaps me again before marching out, but I can see the ghost of a smile on her lips. @ObsidianMage @Berri Hope you enjoyed it as much as Sandsnek did
GoF4bnD.png

Day 2

Berserker

(Second time I’m supposed to fight. I swear, Pinkerton is trying to tell me something...)

I sat curled up like a python in the mouth of the cave. Yes, cave. The ladies found a cave bordering on the coast that we decided to stick in, and although the stench is horrible and we’re still rooting monsters out of it, it’s close enough to a house.
I heard the tap tap tap of light claws behind me and looked around to see Hope cautiously approaching.
“How are you feeling?” She asks warily. I can tell she still feels guilty about doing some taboo mojo on me that left me as helpful as a grape.
“I still can’t feel my toes,” I bemoan. Despite the obvious sarcastic self-pity in my voice, I legitimately can’t feel my toes. At least they don’t feel like weights anymore.
She looked down at my claws. “Oh. Sorry. Well, um, we - Alchemy and I - were wondering if you’d help us kill these fungi that have been fighting back.”
I raise my eyebrows. “You need my help to kill an overgrown mushroom?”
She shrugs. “My attacks use a lot of energy, and Alchemy is a scientist, not a warrior.” I give her a questioning look. “Oh yeah, we’ve been bonding while we work on ridding the infestation in this place, and sharing our stories. Turns out she was accused of summoning the Shade and was about to be burned by the stake at her old clan.”
“Ouch.” I gingerly stand up. “Well, Alright, if you say so.” She leads me back into the cave, where I see Alchemy sparring with what looks like a lizard growing fungus. “Ew. It’s literally already decomposing.”
Hope sighs. “I actually thinks it’s cute. But we still have to kill it.”
I respond by sending a classy Mana Bolt at it, which it is not expecting and in turn decimates it. However, to our surprise, three jump out of hidden crevices and attack us, keeping our hands full.
The battle is going great, everyone winning against their opponents. Just as the second lizard is defeated and I’m the only one fighting left, I scream and fall backwards, clutching my chest.
The two girls immediately snap their attention to my lizard, and in the blur of movement that follows, I pick up nothing until a few seconds later, the girls stand over what looks like a charred chunk of bone and tissue, and then they rush over to me.
I’m gasping, my hands cupped over my heart, my eyes unfocused. I can just make out their faces leaning over mine, expressions of shock and horror on their faces.
“It’s too late,” I croak.
“No,” Alchemy says, her voice surprisingly firm. “I swore I would never see another innocent dragon dead on my account. We can still save you. YOU. WILL. NOT. DIE.”
I weakly shake my head and lift a talon to lightly touch her cheek. “You can save lives,” I agree. “But you can’t save mine.”
Suddenly, Hope gasps, pointing to where I accidentally let my talon slip away from on my chest. “You’re not even hurt!!!” She exclaims.
Alchemy looks down and gasps as well. “What- but how- I thought-“
It isn’t until I break out laughing that they both catch on.
“YOU FREAK!!!” Hope screams, slapping me so hard on the snout that I almost shut up. Almost. “YOU SCARED US!!!”
I keep laughing. “That - was the point - wasn’t it?” I make out between fits of laughter.
Alchemy is just standing to the side, mouth agape, until she pulls herself together and marches out of the room with all the sass and authority of a princess, pointedly not looking back at me. Hope looks livid, yet although looks like she too is on the brink of laughter. I keep howling.
“Oh,” I say after a long breath that calms my laughter. “That was so worth it.”
As if to prove me wrong, Hope slaps me again before marching out, but I can see the ghost of a smile on her lips.

@ObsidianMage @Berri

Hope you enjoyed it as much as Sandsnek did
sz13nwR.png
@ObsidianMage @Berri Hey, I’m too busy (that makes two of us) and can’t do it today. Expect deluxe post with combat next!
@ObsidianMage @Berri Hey, I’m too busy (that makes two of us) and can’t do it today. Expect deluxe post with combat next!
sz13nwR.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2021835][img]http://i.imgur.com/lMLocsS.png[/img][/url] [font=papyrus][size=7][color=Purple][u]Day 3[/u][/color][/size][/font] [item=redstreak frilled eel] [item=glade swarmer] (Pinkerton I swear) I sat at the mouth of the cave, listening to the waves lapping on the shore. Today was starting a lot like yesterday, except I haven’t faked my imminent demise (yet). The girls have also taken to ignoring me. Which I’m completely fine with, except that even if they were chatting with me, we have a problem. I’m [i]bored[/i]. I left my clan to find a better life, and as much as I love hanging with da ladies, this was not what I had in mind. I still plan on heading to the Tangled Wood. Almost in answer to my thoughts, I hear one of them coming towards me, although by the weight of the talons I can tell it’s Alchemy. She sits by me and waits for me to speak. When I don’t, she sighs. “I know something’s on your mind,” she says, and although I’m still gazing intently at the sea, I can tell she’s looking at me. I frown. “Yeah, something is. It’s not natural for me to be cooped up like this. I intended to go to the Tangled Wood, and tonight I’m leaving for there.” “Huh.” I decide to look at her, and she’s jumped from the jagged rocks to the soft sand below. I’m inclined to follow. Once down, she begins tracing in the sand. “Well, I was going to the Sunbeam Ruins, so I guess it’s close enough.” I lean forward slightly, trying to make out what she’s drawing. “I wonder where Hope’s heading.” I guess she heard her name with that super-hearing of hers, because Hope peeks down at us from the mouth of the cave. After a moment’s consideration, she jumps down to join us. “We’re leaving,” I say, answering her unspoken question. To my surprise, she smiles. “Sweet,” she says, wading slightly into the ocean. “I can’t stand the moldy smell of this place.” I can’t help but grin. “That makes two of us.” Alchemy pauses for a moment, looking at her sketch. I can now see it’s a perfect drawing of a nocturne, so precise it’s lifelike. She scrambles her talon through it and looks up. “Great. We should get going.” With that she spreads her wings and takes to the sky. Hope follows. I spread my wings and take off, and despite the good feeling of wind under my wings, I can tell something’s wrong. The world is tilting at an unnatural angle and I veer to the side, trying to calibrate my flight to fix what I think is an error, but turns out to be swimming vision. I crash into the sea with an almighty splash and immediately begin to sink. I try swimming up, but everything is spinning and I can hardly tell up from down. I can’t believe it. That’s the second time in three days I’m about to die an embarrassing death - [i]drowning[/i]. Thankfully, the girls must’ve seen what happened, because I feel Alchemy grab my forearm and pull me, I’m guessing upwards. I know it’s Alchemy because Hope couldn’t possibly be that strong. I can’t tell what’s happenig really, other than everything is tilted and I can’t breathe. After an excruciatingly long time we break the surface, and I gasp for air. However, I’m so disoriented that I almost take in seawater until Alchemy drags me onshore. I look at her, and to my utter shock it was Hope that pulled my up. That tiny little fae? [i]Really[/i]? “Sandsnek?!” She cries, but her voice echoes strangely in my ears. At this point I know I must be sick, but I’ve never had something quite like this. I must’ve picked it up while I was exploring the Scarred Wasteland. Which means it’s probably contagious. Oh well. I hear Alchemy land beside me, but my vision at this point is so blurred that I can only get a basic blur of her dark hues. “What’s wrong with his eyes?!” I heard her ask. Forget my eyes; I’m dying here! My claws are twitching uncontrollably and I can’t see a thing. I feel Hope place a talon and quickly remove it with a yelp. I vaguely recall her mentioning my temperature the day we met and she dragged me away. But now my memory’s fuzzy. I can just make out one last sentence before I black out. “Can we save him?” @ObsidianMage @Berri DUN DUN DUN Forget enemies, we’re battling disease
lMLocsS.png

Day 3

Redstreak Frilled Eel Glade Swarmer

(Pinkerton I swear)

I sat at the mouth of the cave, listening to the waves lapping on the shore. Today was starting a lot like yesterday, except I haven’t faked my imminent demise (yet). The girls have also taken to ignoring me. Which I’m completely fine with, except that even if they were chatting with me, we have a problem.
I’m bored.
I left my clan to find a better life, and as much as I love hanging with da ladies, this was not what I had in mind. I still plan on heading to the Tangled Wood.
Almost in answer to my thoughts, I hear one of them coming towards me, although by the weight of the talons I can tell it’s Alchemy. She sits by me and waits for me to speak. When I don’t, she sighs.
“I know something’s on your mind,” she says, and although I’m still gazing intently at the sea, I can tell she’s looking at me.
I frown. “Yeah, something is. It’s not natural for me to be cooped up like this. I intended to go to the Tangled Wood, and tonight I’m leaving for there.”
“Huh.” I decide to look at her, and she’s jumped from the jagged rocks to the soft sand below. I’m inclined to follow. Once down, she begins tracing in the sand. “Well, I was going to the Sunbeam Ruins, so I guess it’s close enough.”
I lean forward slightly, trying to make out what she’s drawing. “I wonder where Hope’s heading.”
I guess she heard her name with that super-hearing of hers, because Hope peeks down at us from the mouth of the cave. After a moment’s consideration, she jumps down to join us.
“We’re leaving,” I say, answering her unspoken question.
To my surprise, she smiles. “Sweet,” she says, wading slightly into the ocean. “I can’t stand the moldy smell of this place.”
I can’t help but grin. “That makes two of us.”
Alchemy pauses for a moment, looking at her sketch. I can now see it’s a perfect drawing of a nocturne, so precise it’s lifelike. She scrambles her talon through it and looks up. “Great. We should get going.” With that she spreads her wings and takes to the sky. Hope follows.
I spread my wings and take off, and despite the good feeling of wind under my wings, I can tell something’s wrong. The world is tilting at an unnatural angle and I veer to the side, trying to calibrate my flight to fix what I think is an error, but turns out to be swimming vision. I crash into the sea with an almighty splash and immediately begin to sink.
I try swimming up, but everything is spinning and I can hardly tell up from down. I can’t believe it. That’s the second time in three days I’m about to die an embarrassing death - drowning.
Thankfully, the girls must’ve seen what happened, because I feel Alchemy grab my forearm and pull me, I’m guessing upwards. I know it’s Alchemy because Hope couldn’t possibly be that strong. I can’t tell what’s happenig really, other than everything is tilted and I can’t breathe.
After an excruciatingly long time we break the surface, and I gasp for air. However, I’m so disoriented that I almost take in seawater until Alchemy drags me onshore. I look at her, and to my utter shock it was Hope that pulled my up. That tiny little fae? Really?
“Sandsnek?!” She cries, but her voice echoes strangely in my ears. At this point I know I must be sick, but I’ve never had something quite like this. I must’ve picked it up while I was exploring the Scarred Wasteland. Which means it’s probably contagious. Oh well.
I hear Alchemy land beside me, but my vision at this point is so blurred that I can only get a basic blur of her dark hues. “What’s wrong with his eyes?!” I heard her ask. Forget my eyes; I’m dying here! My claws are twitching uncontrollably and I can’t see a thing.
I feel Hope place a talon and quickly remove it with a yelp. I vaguely recall her mentioning my temperature the day we met and she dragged me away. But now my memory’s fuzzy.
I can just make out one last sentence before I black out.
“Can we save him?”

@ObsidianMage @Berri DUN DUN DUN

Forget enemies, we’re battling disease
sz13nwR.png
[item=Red linen fabric scrap] (Wait, no coli? What does the book say on materials...?) [quote name="Tar" date="2015-07-31 12:44:50" ] [b]Materials[/b]: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? [b]What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature?[/b] Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure![/quote] Hmm... *cracks knuckles* I will have an update shortly. The suspense begins...
Red Linen Fabric Scrap

(Wait, no coli? What does the book say on materials...?)
Tar wrote on 2015-07-31 12:44:50:
Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Hmm... *cracks knuckles* I will have an update shortly. The suspense begins...
sz13nwR.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2021835][img]http://i.imgur.com/66MwxmR.png[/img][/url] [font=papyrus][size=7][color=Purple][u]Day 4[/u][/color][/size][/font] [item=Red linen fabric scrap] START OF NEW PERSPECTIVE [i]Quinoa, check. Sticky pollen, check. Feverfew, check.[/i] I cross items off my mental checklist as I mix them into my current potion attempt. Despite my expertise at alchemy - my namesake, as it happens - none of my concoctions thus far have revived Sandsnek. Hopefully this one will be different. As I stir the ingredients in the makeshift bowl Hope carved for me on the fly, I watch Sandsnek intently for any sign of change. Yesterday, as we took flight, he seemed to collapse in midair and fall into a seizure before lapsing into unconsciousness. He’s been deathly still ever since. Currently I’m tasked with healing him (or at least sustaining him) while Hope searches for help. I partially worry if I’m poisoning him with so many different potions, but what else can I do? I finish stirring and set the cocktail off to the side to settle. While my potion is cooling, I lightly touch Sandsnek’s wrist but quickly pull away. Hope wasn’t joking when she said he was hot - as in temperature-wise, but I suppose both apply to him. I wonder when he picked up the disease, and why it hasn’t affected him until now, as well as how contagious it is. The fact that my mind is going a million miles an hour is probably why I don’t notice him moving. That is, not until he smacks me with his tail. I yelp and jump back from the scalding hot scales and watch him shift on the floor. He looks so much like a little kid having a nightmare right now that I almost want to throw a blanket over him, except then he’d probably overheat. Eventually, he slows to a stop, groans, and slowly opens an eye. “Sandsnek!” I exclaim, but I don’t surge forward. I am not in the mood to get burned by hot stuff down there. He groans some more and shuts his eye again. “Thirsty...” he manages. I nearly slap myself. Of [i]course[/i] with all the stuff I’ve been shoving down his throat, he’s thirsty. I nod (yeah, I forgot he can’t see me) and grab an empty bowl before running to the back of the cave, where a small freshwater stream runs. I fill it with water and rush back to Sandsnek. “I have water,” I say, holding out the bowl hurriedly. He opens his eye to observe them rolls completely on his back and raises his head high enough for me to tip it in, allowing him to drink. Once the bowl is almost empty he pulls away and lays his head back down. “Who... can’t see...” he croaks. His voice sounds strangely dry. “It’s Alchemy,” I say, relieved he’s got his wits together enough to hold a conversation. “Hope is out looking for a doctor as we speak.” Sandsnek sighs and seems to flop even more on the stone. For a moment, I think he’s going to say something more, but when he begins snoring I shake my head. For all that time he was unconscious, he’s still tired. “Sweet Dreams,” I say weakly before I lay down and fall asleep myself. So now we’ve seen two perspectives: charismatic Sandsnek and logical Alchemy. What will Hope be like? @ObsidianMage @Berri
66MwxmR.png

Day 4

Red Linen Fabric Scrap

START OF NEW PERSPECTIVE

Quinoa, check. Sticky pollen, check. Feverfew, check. I cross items off my mental checklist as I mix them into my current potion attempt. Despite my expertise at alchemy - my namesake, as it happens - none of my concoctions thus far have revived Sandsnek. Hopefully this one will be different.
As I stir the ingredients in the makeshift bowl Hope carved for me on the fly, I watch Sandsnek intently for any sign of change. Yesterday, as we took flight, he seemed to collapse in midair and fall into a seizure before lapsing into unconsciousness. He’s been deathly still ever since. Currently I’m tasked with healing him (or at least sustaining him) while Hope searches for help. I partially worry if I’m poisoning him with so many different potions, but what else can I do?
I finish stirring and set the cocktail off to the side to settle. While my potion is cooling, I lightly touch Sandsnek’s wrist but quickly pull away. Hope wasn’t joking when she said he was hot - as in temperature-wise, but I suppose both apply to him. I wonder when he picked up the disease, and why it hasn’t affected him until now, as well as how contagious it is.
The fact that my mind is going a million miles an hour is probably why I don’t notice him moving. That is, not until he smacks me with his tail. I yelp and jump back from the scalding hot scales and watch him shift on the floor. He looks so much like a little kid having a nightmare right now that I almost want to throw a blanket over him, except then he’d probably overheat. Eventually, he slows to a stop, groans, and slowly opens an eye.
“Sandsnek!” I exclaim, but I don’t surge forward. I am not in the mood to get burned by hot stuff down there.
He groans some more and shuts his eye again. “Thirsty...” he manages.
I nearly slap myself. Of course with all the stuff I’ve been shoving down his throat, he’s thirsty. I nod (yeah, I forgot he can’t see me) and grab an empty bowl before running to the back of the cave, where a small freshwater stream runs. I fill it with water and rush back to Sandsnek.
“I have water,” I say, holding out the bowl hurriedly. He opens his eye to observe them rolls completely on his back and raises his head high enough for me to tip it in, allowing him to drink. Once the bowl is almost empty he pulls away and lays his head back down.
“Who... can’t see...” he croaks. His voice sounds strangely dry.
“It’s Alchemy,” I say, relieved he’s got his wits together enough to hold a conversation. “Hope is out looking for a doctor as we speak.”
Sandsnek sighs and seems to flop even more on the stone. For a moment, I think he’s going to say something more, but when he begins snoring I shake my head. For all that time he was unconscious, he’s still tired.
“Sweet Dreams,” I say weakly before I lay down and fall asleep myself.

So now we’ve seen two perspectives: charismatic Sandsnek and logical Alchemy. What will Hope be like?

@ObsidianMage @Berri
sz13nwR.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2021835][img]http://i.imgur.com/Od2Exme.png[/img][/url] [font=papyrus][size=7][color=Purple][u]Day 5[/u][/color][/size][/font] [item=Teardrop citrine pendant] (Oooh, romance! Unfortunately, the females are not old enough to breed... yet) I sit cross-legged next to Sandsnek, both of us sipping tea I’d brewed from fresh leaves. It seemed to be helping him recover. He had managed to sit up and was now resting on the cave wall as he watched the entrance for any sign of Hope. She’s supposed to be back today. I wonder how shocked she’ll be at his sudden improvement in condition. Right on cue, a pink and purple fae lands in the entrance, clutching onto piles of scrolls for dear life. The moment she sees Sandsnek awake she drops them all and rushes towards him. “WAIT, HE’S STILL HO-“ but I don’t get to finish. She barrels into him and hugs him so tightly he might not be able to breathe, ignoring his searing scales. “You’re awake!” She cried happily. For the short amount of time we’ve known him, I guess we’ve both grown attached. I stifle a giggle at how awkward Sandsnek looks with a girl in his arms, and although have to quench down an unfamiliar feeling - a terrible feeling. Am I... jealous? “Yeah,” Sandsnek said, his voice still slightly dry. “I am.” He awkwardly pulls away and looks at her chest, taping something on it. She back away and I realize she’s wearing a new necklace, one of citrine. “Where’d you get that?” He asks. “Oh, that,” she says, suddenly looking uncomfortable. “I visited my, well, family since they’re huge in the, uh, medical knowledge... or, something. They gave me that as a homecoming gift, as well as the scrolls on sickness and medicine.” She jabs a thumb at the pile. “Speaking of, Ive identified what you have. It’s soemthing exclusive to the Scarred Wasteland that is not contagious and contracted through contaminated water. It causes attacks like we saw before, and can impair your senses. It’s nit genetic, so it’s exclusive to only you, but, ah, there’s this thing...” she shifts on her talons. “It doesn’t go away. You have it for life.” Sandsnek and I simultaneously drop our clay teacups, shattering them. “Wait,” She said before either of us can speak. “Now, attacks like that are not everyday, so you won’t have another for at least a week. Feverfew decreases the severity.” I nod at my own good thinking. “So...” Sandsnek looks down at the shattered clay. “I’ll never... I won’t...” “You’ll be fine,” I assure him, patting him quickly on his blazing shoulder. “On the bright side, enemies can’t touch you, and we have a portable fire starter.” He gives me a confused look. “What?” “The Fire triangle, remember? Heat, fuel, oxygen?... no?” They both stare at me blankly. “Um, so basically, I can touch him with a stick and it catches fire.” “Oh.” Sandsnek grins. “That would be wicked.” Hope manages a smile. “Freak,” she says sarcastically. “Also, apparently that particular side effect never goes away.” We all smile at that, thinking of the disastrous event Sandsnek in a forest could be. After a minute, Hope sighs contently. “I’m glad your awake,” she says, making the risky move of placing her tiny tail on his scalding one. His smile impossibly widens, but seems different, somehow. “Yeah,” he says, looking at her. “Me too.” Neither notice me scoot a little further away, pretending to busy myself with cleaning up clay shards. @ObsidianMage @Berri
Od2Exme.png

Day 5

Teardrop Citrine Pendant

(Oooh, romance! Unfortunately, the females are not old enough to breed... yet)

I sit cross-legged next to Sandsnek, both of us sipping tea I’d brewed from fresh leaves. It seemed to be helping him recover. He had managed to sit up and was now resting on the cave wall as he watched the entrance for any sign of Hope.
She’s supposed to be back today. I wonder how shocked she’ll be at his sudden improvement in condition.
Right on cue, a pink and purple fae lands in the entrance, clutching onto piles of scrolls for dear life. The moment she sees Sandsnek awake she drops them all and rushes towards him.
“WAIT, HE’S STILL HO-“ but I don’t get to finish. She barrels into him and hugs him so tightly he might not be able to breathe, ignoring his searing scales.
“You’re awake!” She cried happily. For the short amount of time we’ve known him, I guess we’ve both grown attached. I stifle a giggle at how awkward Sandsnek looks with a girl in his arms, and although have to quench down an unfamiliar feeling - a terrible feeling. Am I... jealous?
“Yeah,” Sandsnek said, his voice still slightly dry. “I am.” He awkwardly pulls away and looks at her chest, taping something on it. She back away and I realize she’s wearing a new necklace, one of citrine. “Where’d you get that?” He asks.
“Oh, that,” she says, suddenly looking uncomfortable. “I visited my, well, family since they’re huge in the, uh, medical knowledge... or, something. They gave me that as a homecoming gift, as well as the scrolls on sickness and medicine.” She jabs a thumb at the pile. “Speaking of, Ive identified what you have.
It’s soemthing exclusive to the Scarred Wasteland that is not contagious and contracted through contaminated water. It causes attacks like we saw before, and can impair your senses. It’s nit genetic, so it’s exclusive to only you, but, ah, there’s this thing...” she shifts on her talons. “It doesn’t go away. You have it for life.”
Sandsnek and I simultaneously drop our clay teacups, shattering them.
“Wait,” She said before either of us can speak. “Now, attacks like that are not everyday, so you won’t have another for at least a week. Feverfew decreases the severity.” I nod at my own good thinking.
“So...” Sandsnek looks down at the shattered clay. “I’ll never... I won’t...”
“You’ll be fine,” I assure him, patting him quickly on his blazing shoulder. “On the bright side, enemies can’t touch you, and we have a portable fire starter.”
He gives me a confused look. “What?”
“The Fire triangle, remember? Heat, fuel, oxygen?... no?” They both stare at me blankly. “Um, so basically, I can touch him with a stick and it catches fire.”
“Oh.” Sandsnek grins. “That would be wicked.”
Hope manages a smile. “Freak,” she says sarcastically. “Also, apparently that particular side effect never goes away.” We all smile at that, thinking of the disastrous event Sandsnek in a forest could be.
After a minute, Hope sighs contently. “I’m glad your awake,” she says, making the risky move of placing her tiny tail on his scalding one.
His smile impossibly widens, but seems different, somehow. “Yeah,” he says, looking at her. “Me too.”
Neither notice me scoot a little further away, pretending to busy myself with cleaning up clay shards.

@ObsidianMage @Berri
sz13nwR.png
@Relics
Oh no, poor Sandsnek... :(
@Relics
Oh no, poor Sandsnek... :(
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2021835][img]http://i.imgur.com/4TpFIXX.png[/img][/url] [font=papyrus][size=7][color=Purple][u]Day 6[/u][/color][/size][/font] [item=Ambush] (HEADS = DEATH STREAK) Feelings or no feelings, Hope and I both helped Sandsnek get back in shape, and today he’s good as new. He and Hope keep looking at each other and the quickly looking away. I find it simultaneously amusing and disappointing. For various reasons. However, putting that aside, we all decided to take a walk along the coast today, both for needed excercise and to clear our minds. The tide laps over my talons as I risk wading ankle-deep. Hope and Sandsnek, on the other hand, are gallivanting through waist-deep waters and splashing each other ‘till they soak and Sandsnek is steaming. “C’mon!” He yells playfully to me. “What’s holding you back?” “I, um...” I stall for a moment. “I don’t want to get wet.” He must’ve sensed the meaning of my hesitation. A wicked grin creeps over his face. “You’re afraid of water.” “No!” I say indignantly. “Of course not! I’m afraid of drowning, not to mention what’s beneath the surface. And rumor has it that the Tidecaller’s gone, so no one will hold them back!” Hope’s eyebrows raise. “Rumor also has it that you’re a Shade-whisperer.” I scowl. “Fine. [i]One time[/i]. Although you’ll have to hold onto me, because I haven’t the slightest idea of how to swim.” Sandsnek grinned wider. “It’s like flying in water,” he said, “but more complicated.” [i]Thank you for that advice, Sandsnek. Really helpful. You should write a book on your findings.[/i] Shuddering at the thought of what I just [i]know[/i] is waiting to eat me, I take a step into the salty water. [left]And another. [/left] [center]And another. [/center] [right]And another.[/right] As I settle in waist deep into the mud, I let out a shaky breath. “Well,” I manage, still on edge, “I guess that wasn’t too bad.” Right on cue, the sea and mud between me and the other erupts into a geyser of white water and flashing silver. I scream and scuttle backwards, but to my dismay I stumble off the sandbar and go crashing down below the surface, my body quickly sinking to the floor. It certainly isn’t deep, but what I can see from here is horrifying. Silhouettes of dragons slither through the water, surrounding my friends like sharks to blood. The geyser was created by more launching out of the water. As much as I admire this kind of tactical ambush, I’m assuming they were expecting a much bigger crowd. Ours must disappoint. My horror only increases when I see a couple break off from the group to come after me. I thrash wildly, my claws scratching, begging for something to tear apart, but they can’t gain purchase. I even try my venom, but it sizzles harmlessly out of the water and away from the battle. Despite my desperate efforts, they reach me, and I guess I should be glad they want me alive, because in truth they’re saving my life. A dragon who can’t swim is as good as dead in this situation. One hooks under my armpit but before he pulls me over, he waits for the other to approach, who have wicked looking razors and chains in their talons. Furious, I let the rage bubble inside of me until they are on top of me, when I hit them both with venom to the face. It immediately hardens and now that they’re both covered in the face, the added time of getting to the surface and getting it off will be too much. They’ll suffocate. Knowing they’re goners, they make one last attempt on me, but stop as my captor flashes a talon sign at them. My vision is now too fuzzy to make it out. The captor then rockets upward at an amazing speed and careens out of the water, where I can finally take a gulp of air. My lungs are screaming and my senses are only returning slowly. The dragon holding me dumps me unceremoniously on the sand, where I gag to get the sand out of my mouth, followed by a volley of vomit. For a moment, I sit, panting, before I look up at the massive guardian in front of me. My sight is too awful to see what he really looks like, but I know he sneering. “So,” he says, “I saw you were trying to put up a fight. Emphasis on [i]trying[/i].” I hear a round of cruel laughter around me and know I’m surrounded by the gang that jumped us. I wonder if my friends are in the crowd. He continues, almost as if to answer my question. “Your friend was more surprised. However, he was also more... effective. He didn’t kill any, but our numbers are significantly decreased, thanks to the wounded.” I almost grin, but don’t. [i]Friend? As in singular?[/i] “We normally kill those on our turf,” he muses. “But apparently you have seen the blessing of the True Leader.” [i]What in the name of fried bumbles is he even [/i]talking [i]about?[/i] “Therefore, we will keep you alive and in prison until they are ready to dictate your fate. Of course, we can still do what we wish to you for now.” That gets some happy calls from the psyched crowd. “Kill me now,” I say, spitting at his feet. He chuckles. “No, I’m not talking about anything of the sort. We would never with those who are Blessed. We are simply asking you to participate in our training activities.” Now I look up, confused. “What are you-“ But before I finish, he signs something. A moment later someone comes from behind me and clocks me on the head, making everything go black. At last, my dragons were all old enough to fight so this was the first time they were in any real danger. Luckily, they all escaped alive (although Alchemy was a bit of a close call, everyone loved to hit her). Decided to use the item (“ambush”) and coli results as inspiration for today. Thoughts? @ObsidianMage @Berri
4TpFIXX.png

Day 6

Ambush

(HEADS = DEATH STREAK)

Feelings or no feelings, Hope and I both helped Sandsnek get back in shape, and today he’s good as new. He and Hope keep looking at each other and the quickly looking away. I find it simultaneously amusing and disappointing. For various reasons.
However, putting that aside, we all decided to take a walk along the coast today, both for needed excercise and to clear our minds. The tide laps over my talons as I risk wading ankle-deep. Hope and Sandsnek, on the other hand, are gallivanting through waist-deep waters and splashing each other ‘till they soak and Sandsnek is steaming.
“C’mon!” He yells playfully to me. “What’s holding you back?”
“I, um...” I stall for a moment. “I don’t want to get wet.”
He must’ve sensed the meaning of my hesitation. A wicked grin creeps over his face. “You’re afraid of water.”
“No!” I say indignantly. “Of course not! I’m afraid of drowning, not to mention what’s beneath the surface. And rumor has it that the Tidecaller’s gone, so no one will hold them back!”
Hope’s eyebrows raise. “Rumor also has it that you’re a Shade-whisperer.”
I scowl. “Fine. One time. Although you’ll have to hold onto me, because I haven’t the slightest idea of how to swim.”
Sandsnek grinned wider. “It’s like flying in water,” he said, “but more complicated.”
Thank you for that advice, Sandsnek. Really helpful. You should write a book on your findings.
Shuddering at the thought of what I just know is waiting to eat me, I take a step into the salty water.
And another.
And another.
And another.
As I settle in waist deep into the mud, I let out a shaky breath. “Well,” I manage, still on edge, “I guess that wasn’t too bad.”
Right on cue, the sea and mud between me and the other erupts into a geyser of white water and flashing silver. I scream and scuttle backwards, but to my dismay I stumble off the sandbar and go crashing down below the surface, my body quickly sinking to the floor. It certainly isn’t deep, but what I can see from here is horrifying.
Silhouettes of dragons slither through the water, surrounding my friends like sharks to blood. The geyser was created by more launching out of the water. As much as I admire this kind of tactical ambush, I’m assuming they were expecting a much bigger crowd. Ours must disappoint.
My horror only increases when I see a couple break off from the group to come after me. I thrash wildly, my claws scratching, begging for something to tear apart, but they can’t gain purchase. I even try my venom, but it sizzles harmlessly out of the water and away from the battle.
Despite my desperate efforts, they reach me, and I guess I should be glad they want me alive, because in truth they’re saving my life. A dragon who can’t swim is as good as dead in this situation. One hooks under my armpit but before he pulls me over, he waits for the other to approach, who have wicked looking razors and chains in their talons. Furious, I let the rage bubble inside of me until they are on top of me, when I hit them both with venom to the face. It immediately hardens and now that they’re both covered in the face, the added time of getting to the surface and getting it off will be too much. They’ll suffocate.
Knowing they’re goners, they make one last attempt on me, but stop as my captor flashes a talon sign at them. My vision is now too fuzzy to make it out. The captor then rockets upward at an amazing speed and careens out of the water, where I can finally take a gulp of air. My lungs are screaming and my senses are only returning slowly.
The dragon holding me dumps me unceremoniously on the sand, where I gag to get the sand out of my mouth, followed by a volley of vomit. For a moment, I sit, panting, before I look up at the massive guardian in front of me. My sight is too awful to see what he really looks like, but I know he sneering.
“So,” he says, “I saw you were trying to put up a fight. Emphasis on trying.” I hear a round of cruel laughter around me and know I’m surrounded by the gang that jumped us. I wonder if my friends are in the crowd.
He continues, almost as if to answer my question. “Your friend was more surprised. However, he was also more... effective. He didn’t kill any, but our numbers are significantly decreased, thanks to the wounded.” I almost grin, but don’t. Friend? As in singular?
“We normally kill those on our turf,” he muses. “But apparently you have seen the blessing of the True Leader.” What in the name of fried bumbles is he even talking about? “Therefore, we will keep you alive and in prison until they are ready to dictate your fate. Of course, we can still do what we wish to you for now.”
That gets some happy calls from the psyched crowd. “Kill me now,” I say, spitting at his feet.
He chuckles. “No, I’m not talking about anything of the sort. We would never with those who are Blessed. We are simply asking you to participate in our training activities.”
Now I look up, confused. “What are you-“
But before I finish, he signs something. A moment later someone comes from behind me and clocks me on the head, making everything go black.

At last, my dragons were all old enough to fight so this was the first time they were in any real danger. Luckily, they all escaped alive (although Alchemy was a bit of a close call, everyone loved to hit her).
Decided to use the item (“ambush”) and coli results as inspiration for today. Thoughts?

@ObsidianMage @Berri
sz13nwR.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13