Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Writing something daily.. Makin a habit
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Keiene

Aaa thanks for the SUPPORT AND PROMPT,, but actually, Dave is a fandragon! :0 But,, that is a good point,, he is literally burning lmao bless his soul,, I'll maybe try using that sometime! Or maybe just the fact you brought up Dave makes me almost wanna write something for him,, we'll just have to see,, thank you tho!! <33
If i ever write smth about dave 'n flames maybe I'll ping ya,,

@NoctusMortuum

Thanks! I'm glad you were impressed with it--- and aaa I'll consider that prompt! It's a very interesting one, I kinda like the idea of it! I'll totally consider it and if I ever decide to attempt it, I'll likely ping ya! It's neat that you appear to have a group going on with that idea, heck yeah WORLDBUILDIN,,, DUN DUN DUN,, Thanks for the scenario idea! <3

@Oulisia

Aaa thanks for the support aaa i hope i keep it up,, and heck I can't promise I'll try the Avalon prompt but it sure does sound interesting enough! That, and it fits well with the fact I don't really.. judge my clan based on flights, it's just sort've "whoops you're all here now working together ha" but thanks!!
@Keiene

Aaa thanks for the SUPPORT AND PROMPT,, but actually, Dave is a fandragon! :0 But,, that is a good point,, he is literally burning lmao bless his soul,, I'll maybe try using that sometime! Or maybe just the fact you brought up Dave makes me almost wanna write something for him,, we'll just have to see,, thank you tho!! <33
If i ever write smth about dave 'n flames maybe I'll ping ya,,

@NoctusMortuum

Thanks! I'm glad you were impressed with it--- and aaa I'll consider that prompt! It's a very interesting one, I kinda like the idea of it! I'll totally consider it and if I ever decide to attempt it, I'll likely ping ya! It's neat that you appear to have a group going on with that idea, heck yeah WORLDBUILDIN,,, DUN DUN DUN,, Thanks for the scenario idea! <3

@Oulisia

Aaa thanks for the support aaa i hope i keep it up,, and heck I can't promise I'll try the Avalon prompt but it sure does sound interesting enough! That, and it fits well with the fact I don't really.. judge my clan based on flights, it's just sort've "whoops you're all here now working together ha" but thanks!!
Hi!! I'll put something more interesting here... someday...
Aaa,, I made a cool lore shop once upon a time-- but writing lore for other people is,, hard,,, but i made a tiny temp lore shop where I only write super short things,, but since most of the lore I write is considerably longer, I wrote 2 tiny bios today for it! The dragons are just random scry dragons,, but man, that imp tho,, HES SUCH A CUTIE I LOVE HIM.. They aren't my best work and are super short-- but writing is writing, [s]write[/s] right? [quote] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=8&breed=5&element=2&gender=1&tert=44&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=24&auth=2ba0a5a4ed2fe2b2e988c3710ad1973c2c61aa69&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Strong, that's what they'd call her. As a hatchling she'd always been more on the rowdy side, playfully testing her strength against other hatchlings, frequently boasting about the spikes along her body, often pushing herself to do things the other hatchlings couldn't yet do. She was the tough one of her group, the show-off, she loved all of the attention and above all she just loved proving herself to the others. At a more mature age she's changed plenty-- aside from the fact she still loves flaunting about her power. You'll find her frequently clashing with other dragons in bets or competitions, proving herself as the strongest in the clan, fighting for the title proudly and happily gloating about it. She has yet to be defeated-- which is probably for the best, as there's been rumors that she's quite the sore loser.. [/quote] [quote] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=168&bodygene=3&breed=8&element=6&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=15&winggene=11&wings=62&auth=a078571ab576f47fed1156e7a07b300e2710390b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] He's a gentle fellow, always was and always will be. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to find him, seeing how GrassyPalm is often somewhere out in the woods with his familiar. He'll be gone for days at a time, coming back with various herbs and vegetation for his clan to use in various ways. His trusty familiar is actually the one who sniffs out his finds whereas he's the one to retrieve the produce. Most dragons don't seem to utilize their familiars the way he does, some even criticize GrassyPalm, claiming that forcing his own familiar to work under him is just 'cruel' or perhaps 'unfair'. In reality? GrassyPalm and his familiar have a good relationship, GrassyPalm was who raised his orphaned familiar and contrary to the rumors he considers his familiar to be family, not at all some "pet". They're happy together, out in the woods helping the clan-- it's best to just leave them be. [/quote]
Aaa,, I made a cool lore shop once upon a time-- but writing lore for other people is,, hard,,, but i made a tiny temp lore shop where I only write super short things,, but since most of the lore I write is considerably longer, I wrote 2 tiny bios today for it! The dragons are just random scry dragons,, but man, that imp tho,, HES SUCH A CUTIE I LOVE HIM..

They aren't my best work and are super short-- but writing is writing, write right?
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=8&breed=5&element=2&gender=1&tert=44&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=24&auth=2ba0a5a4ed2fe2b2e988c3710ad1973c2c61aa69&dummyext=prev.png

Strong, that's what they'd call her. As a hatchling she'd always been more on the rowdy side, playfully testing her strength against other hatchlings, frequently boasting about the spikes along her body, often pushing herself to do things the other hatchlings couldn't yet do. She was the tough one of her group, the show-off, she loved all of the attention and above all she just loved proving herself to the others.

At a more mature age she's changed plenty-- aside from the fact she still loves flaunting about her power. You'll find her frequently clashing with other dragons in bets or competitions, proving herself as the strongest in the clan, fighting for the title proudly and happily gloating about it. She has yet to be defeated-- which is probably for the best, as there's been rumors that she's quite the sore loser..
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=168&bodygene=3&breed=8&element=6&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=15&winggene=11&wings=62&auth=a078571ab576f47fed1156e7a07b300e2710390b&dummyext=prev.png

He's a gentle fellow, always was and always will be. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to find him, seeing how GrassyPalm is often somewhere out in the woods with his familiar. He'll be gone for days at a time, coming back with various herbs and vegetation for his clan to use in various ways. His trusty familiar is actually the one who sniffs out his finds whereas he's the one to retrieve the produce.

Most dragons don't seem to utilize their familiars the way he does, some even criticize GrassyPalm, claiming that forcing his own familiar to work under him is just 'cruel' or perhaps 'unfair'. In reality? GrassyPalm and his familiar have a good relationship, GrassyPalm was who raised his orphaned familiar and contrary to the rumors he considers his familiar to be family, not at all some "pet".

They're happy together, out in the woods helping the clan-- it's best to just leave them be.
@GladeLockwood (That Imp Tho...) I really enjoyed these little bios. I can definitely see the development of these two. The gentle giant and the ruthless warrior. Very nice. Who said lore had to be pages upon pages? lol
@GladeLockwood (That Imp Tho...) I really enjoyed these little bios. I can definitely see the development of these two. The gentle giant and the ruthless warrior. Very nice. Who said lore had to be pages upon pages? lol
I wanted to write more but,, nyeh,,,
I want to use the below tiny chunk for a dragon of mine named Mantle-- this is just sort've a "prompt" for myself, for my own purposes later.. Also a reminder to myself for whenever I get to Mantle: Clean Freak.
"Dirty dragons, dirty, selfish creatures..
..colorful, stained people..
..I don't want to be colorful like them.."
"I just want to stay clean."

I wanted to write more but,, nyeh,,,
I want to use the below tiny chunk for a dragon of mine named Mantle-- this is just sort've a "prompt" for myself, for my own purposes later.. Also a reminder to myself for whenever I get to Mantle: Clean Freak.
"Dirty dragons, dirty, selfish creatures..
..colorful, stained people..
..I don't want to be colorful like them.."
"I just want to stay clean."

@Oulisia

(Ikr?? That imp is GOOD. I,, want,, except id wanna change the secondary gene,, maybe that color too,,))

But thanks! And that is very true, lore doesn't gotta be super long but I'm still working on being able to make short lore,, work. I'm not the best at shorter things? So that's a WIP! But aa thanks for the kind words still <3
@Oulisia

(Ikr?? That imp is GOOD. I,, want,, except id wanna change the secondary gene,, maybe that color too,,))

But thanks! And that is very true, lore doesn't gotta be super long but I'm still working on being able to make short lore,, work. I'm not the best at shorter things? So that's a WIP! But aa thanks for the kind words still <3
@GladeLockwood This is definitely a great start! I know what you mean by writing in short form. The first chapter to Avalon I actually had to hold back a lot of what I wanted to happen for the sake of letting other "Residents" (Members of Avalon) write their piece to the same story. Sort of like Text-Based roleplay, but with a little more leniency and a lot more interactions outside of the main story. I don't ever want them to feel as if Avalon is a hierarchy because it isn't. It is truly a group effort and short lore is encouraged to spark inspa in the others. lol omg here I am babbling ^.~ Keep up the great work and you're most welcome. ^.^
@GladeLockwood This is definitely a great start! I know what you mean by writing in short form. The first chapter to Avalon I actually had to hold back a lot of what I wanted to happen for the sake of letting other "Residents" (Members of Avalon) write their piece to the same story. Sort of like Text-Based roleplay, but with a little more leniency and a lot more interactions outside of the main story. I don't ever want them to feel as if Avalon is a hierarchy because it isn't. It is truly a group effort and short lore is encouraged to spark inspa in the others. lol omg here I am babbling ^.~ Keep up the great work and you're most welcome. ^.^
@GladeLockwood I am loving how you are doing your lore and stories of your dragons. Also your unique twists on the predetermined lore we are given. It is all up to that persons interpretation and i love your perspective. Think about Avalon. we would really like to have you join us.
@GladeLockwood I am loving how you are doing your lore and stories of your dragons. Also your unique twists on the predetermined lore we are given. It is all up to that persons interpretation and i love your perspective. Think about Avalon. we would really like to have you join us.
Aaaa i didnt know what to write about today,, but! since some of yall have mentioned it a few times,, here's that prompt! Left it pretty open-ended so I don't misinterpret anything <3 But here's one of my dragons approaching Avalon-- I've never had the chance to write anything for this dragon, so I was eager to finally have a good setting to write him into! This helped me finally get an idea of his personality, so thanks for the prompt @NoctusMortuum ! @Oulisia @Seraidan (I've pinged Oulisia and Seraidan since you've both mentioned Avalon as well <3 hope that's fine!) [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=315351&tab=dragon&did=33290142] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/332902/33290142p.png[/img] [/url] [size=5][color=red][i][b]Kokoro[/b][/i][/color][/size][/center] [center]Lost? Well, he wouldn't necessarily say he was lost, of course he wasn't lost, the great Kokoro was never lost! Rather he was simply heading wherever the skies took him, letting the wind guide his journey rather than following some trail or path-- he could map out the area himself if he needed! He wasn't lost, never ever upon the grandest star was he 'lost', the mere word made the dragon give a soft 'tch'. But if he wasn't lost then where exactly was he? A large figure shadowed far above the land, wings spread out wide and occasionally flapping, a few trinkets dangling alongside him from ropes, a map outstretched and held before his face. Sure, perhaps from any other dragon that happened to see him he might've looked lost, struggling to keep the map from being taken by the wind as he flew, struggling to make any sense of it before ultimately giving a low grumble and rolling it back up. Who needed maps anyways? "I'm better than this," His voice was rough, perhaps even scratchy, talking to himself while tucking his map away, soon focusing his attention towards the upcoming clouds. "Never needed a map before, surely won't be needing one now.. Besides," He paused, features scrunching up as his eyes narrowed, trying to spot something far, far off in the distance. He didn't have a specific place he was going. Destination aside, Kokoro's attention shifted from his map and instead he grew focused with the upcoming obstacle in the distance, just what in the stars could that be? At first he would mistake the scene far up ahead for something of a mountain-- yet, were there mountains in this area? Perhaps, after all what else could it be? There wasn't anything else to be seen up this high up in the clouds and yet as he drew near, his eyes continued to betray him. A mountain..? Could it be? It was then the dragon's grand wings drew up alongside his body in one quick movement, dipping his entire body forward and sending himself rapidly descending below the clouds, eyes closing for a brief moment as he passed through a cloud before quickly spreading his wings out moments later. It couldn't be. Below the clouds where the mountain's base would be was nothing at all, just endless land and some water masses and yet not a mountain to be seen. It couldn't be, this just, it just couldn't be. What in the stars had he encountered? He wasn't dehydrated, not that he knew of, he'd stopped for some rest and had eaten some of his dried meats only but a few hours ago-- this couldn't be a hallucination of some sort, could it? There was only one way to find out. With several mighty beats of his wings Kokoro found himself back above the clouds with the seemingly floating body of land up ahead, though now something important came to mind. Quickly the dragon snatched his map up once again, wings slowing down to a constant pace as he drew to stop flying and instead only hovered there in midair. Now was the time to grab at his satchel, digging around and pulling out his charcoal and unfurling his map. 'X' Was what he'd marked, making sure to record the location of the strange phenomenon, gazing at his map for a few moments longer before tucking it back away safely, the charcoal soon following. There was only one thing left to do, huh? With that in mind Kokoro set out for the floating land, his intentions? For one he needed clarity that such a thing was even real, that he wasn't just imagining or anything of the sort-- but secondly, such a thing was unheard of. It wasn't like he had a particular destination in mind before, eh? Besides, there could easily be some riches on such a land, riches that this dragon would happily claim for himself.. [i]And Kokoro was never, ever the type of dragon to let others get in his way...[/i][/center]
Aaaa i didnt know what to write about today,, but! since some of yall have mentioned it a few times,, here's that prompt! Left it pretty open-ended so I don't misinterpret anything <3 But here's one of my dragons approaching Avalon-- I've never had the chance to write anything for this dragon, so I was eager to finally have a good setting to write him into!

This helped me finally get an idea of his personality, so thanks for the prompt @NoctusMortuum !

@Oulisia @Seraidan
(I've pinged Oulisia and Seraidan since you've both mentioned Avalon as well <3 hope that's fine!)

33290142p.png

Kokoro
Lost? Well, he wouldn't necessarily say he was lost, of course he wasn't lost, the great Kokoro was never lost! Rather he was simply heading wherever the skies took him, letting the wind guide his journey rather than following some trail or path-- he could map out the area himself if he needed! He wasn't lost, never ever upon the grandest star was he 'lost', the mere word made the dragon give a soft 'tch'.

But if he wasn't lost then where exactly was he?

A large figure shadowed far above the land, wings spread out wide and occasionally flapping, a few trinkets dangling alongside him from ropes, a map outstretched and held before his face. Sure, perhaps from any other dragon that happened to see him he might've looked lost, struggling to keep the map from being taken by the wind as he flew, struggling to make any sense of it before ultimately giving a low grumble and rolling it back up.

Who needed maps anyways?

"I'm better than this," His voice was rough, perhaps even scratchy, talking to himself while tucking his map away, soon focusing his attention towards the upcoming clouds. "Never needed a map before, surely won't be needing one now.. Besides," He paused, features scrunching up as his eyes narrowed, trying to spot something far, far off in the distance.

He didn't have a specific place he was going.

Destination aside, Kokoro's attention shifted from his map and instead he grew focused with the upcoming obstacle in the distance, just what in the stars could that be? At first he would mistake the scene far up ahead for something of a mountain-- yet, were there mountains in this area? Perhaps, after all what else could it be? There wasn't anything else to be seen up this high up in the clouds and yet as he drew near, his eyes continued to betray him.

A mountain..? Could it be?

It was then the dragon's grand wings drew up alongside his body in one quick movement, dipping his entire body forward and sending himself rapidly descending below the clouds, eyes closing for a brief moment as he passed through a cloud before quickly spreading his wings out moments later.

It couldn't be.

Below the clouds where the mountain's base would be was nothing at all, just endless land and some water masses and yet not a mountain to be seen. It couldn't be, this just, it just couldn't be. What in the stars had he encountered? He wasn't dehydrated, not that he knew of, he'd stopped for some rest and had eaten some of his dried meats only but a few hours ago-- this couldn't be a hallucination of some sort, could it?

There was only one way to find out.

With several mighty beats of his wings Kokoro found himself back above the clouds with the seemingly floating body of land up ahead, though now something important came to mind. Quickly the dragon snatched his map up once again, wings slowing down to a constant pace as he drew to stop flying and instead only hovered there in midair. Now was the time to grab at his satchel, digging around and pulling out his charcoal and unfurling his map.

'X' Was what he'd marked, making sure to record the location of the strange phenomenon, gazing at his map for a few moments longer before tucking it back away safely, the charcoal soon following.

There was only one thing left to do, huh? With that in mind Kokoro set out for the floating land, his intentions? For one he needed clarity that such a thing was even real, that he wasn't just imagining or anything of the sort-- but secondly, such a thing was unheard of. It wasn't like he had a particular destination in mind before, eh? Besides, there could easily be some riches on such a land, riches that this dragon would happily claim for himself..

And Kokoro was never, ever the type of dragon to let others get in his way...
Yes of course its fine. I like reading your writing. You put depth behind the characters
Yes of course its fine. I like reading your writing. You put depth behind the characters
I loved the lore writing!!! Hope it gave ya inspiration. It's kinda my skill to inspire.
I loved the lore writing!!! Hope it gave ya inspiration. It's kinda my skill to inspire.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10