Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Clan Lorebook and Art
Far off, theres rumor of a nomadic clan who never stays anywhere for than a few nights. It is said that they move in silence, an eerie mismatched parade. Others claim they hear music and laughter off in the distance, maybe even capturing a glimpse of dancing around a bonfire.

Where are they going? Anywhere at all? Those who lag get left behind. In this clan, only the persistent remain and the rest get eroded away by the very expanse they brave.

It is rare that dragons in this clan share a past. Most come from all over, seeking many different things. Above all, dragons come to find a new life. Those who do not disrupt the order of things are free to stay. As long as they can keep up, that is.

In a clan that constantly wanders, no history can be kept in the structures they make or the elders who live comfortably. Dragons that fail to follow are left behind. History that cannot travel left behind. A thick weathered tome, the lorebook has been a part of the clan longer than any dragon there now. Its first pages crumbling and illegible. Its passed through countless claws and at this point almost has a spirit of its own.
Table of Contents
idk bro!!!! Lorebuilding
Entry 1: Lairs
Entry 2: Hierarchy and Personalities
ro Stories
Entry 1: Preparation
Entry 2: Salt soak
idk bro Drawings
Entry 1: Sickly Sailor
Entry 2: Intoxicating Threat
Entry 3: Corrupting Pest

Let me know what you think! I am subscribed so no need to ping.
Far off, theres rumor of a nomadic clan who never stays anywhere for than a few nights. It is said that they move in silence, an eerie mismatched parade. Others claim they hear music and laughter off in the distance, maybe even capturing a glimpse of dancing around a bonfire.

Where are they going? Anywhere at all? Those who lag get left behind. In this clan, only the persistent remain and the rest get eroded away by the very expanse they brave.

It is rare that dragons in this clan share a past. Most come from all over, seeking many different things. Above all, dragons come to find a new life. Those who do not disrupt the order of things are free to stay. As long as they can keep up, that is.

In a clan that constantly wanders, no history can be kept in the structures they make or the elders who live comfortably. Dragons that fail to follow are left behind. History that cannot travel left behind. A thick weathered tome, the lorebook has been a part of the clan longer than any dragon there now. Its first pages crumbling and illegible. Its passed through countless claws and at this point almost has a spirit of its own.
Table of Contents
idk bro!!!! Lorebuilding
Entry 1: Lairs
Entry 2: Hierarchy and Personalities
ro Stories
Entry 1: Preparation
Entry 2: Salt soak
idk bro Drawings
Entry 1: Sickly Sailor
Entry 2: Intoxicating Threat
Entry 3: Corrupting Pest

Let me know what you think! I am subscribed so no need to ping.
tumblr_p6i1at7sdY1x89azco6_1280.gif
[b]Story Entry 1: Preparation[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5401017][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/54011/5401017.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon= 5266850][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/52669/5266850.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5266735][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/52668/5266735.png[/img][/url][/center] “Rainy. we really should head back soon,” Lambret grunted, clutching his side. “Me and Dove spend days out here no problem, you’ve slowed down.” Delano snapped back. They has been bickering since they left at dawn, and the sun had set long ago. Rainyday knew the brothers didn’t get along these days but this was just exhausting. The training at the coliseum was effortless compared to the focus it required to ignore every annoyed grunt, eyeroll, or scoff the brothers mutually hurled at each other. Rainyday had found her self wondering,[i] had it always been this bad?[/i] For the most part only Dove and Delano went off to hunt, leaving their brother behind. Lambret was the only one of the siblings who made any effort at all to socialize with the rest of the clan. Was his likability what garnered so much resentment from the other two hunters? The two spirals seemed more willing to fight each other than mantarune they had been tracking the past hour. She raised a callused digit to her muzzle to quiet them. “One more.” Delano flinched in surprise. Lambret flinched in embarrassment. Rainyday rarely spoke. She preferred instead to be on the peripheral of conversation, offering smiles and nods as acknowledgment. For a sweet breather they hunted in silence. Lambret broke the lull after a couple more battles. [i]One more my tail[/i], he thought. “The sun will rise soon. We should return and get some rest if we still plan on moving camp later.” He sounded almost pleading. “Besides, you’re pushing yourself too hard for one night of training. You won’t be any stronger if you fall apart.” He and his brothers were the most experienced fighters in the clan, and she knew he was right. She looked to Delano to see if he had anything to add. “Yeah, who lit the fire under your rump anyways? It’s not like we can’t handle whatever comes.” [i]Always eloquent, Delano. [/i] “Very soon things will change,” The imperial answered. “The air flows new routes, have you noticed?” She stretched, her whole body tense for a moment, and turned in the direction back to camp. It would be a long hike home. “I want to be ready.”
Story Entry 1: Preparation
5401017.png5266850.png5266735.png

“Rainy. we really should head back soon,” Lambret grunted, clutching his side.

“Me and Dove spend days out here no problem, you’ve slowed down.” Delano snapped back.

They has been bickering since they left at dawn, and the sun had set long ago. Rainyday knew the brothers didn’t get along these days but this was just exhausting. The training at the coliseum was effortless compared to the focus it required to ignore every annoyed grunt, eyeroll, or scoff the brothers mutually hurled at each other.

Rainyday had found her self wondering, had it always been this bad? For the most part only Dove and Delano went off to hunt, leaving their brother behind. Lambret was the only one of the siblings who made any effort at all to socialize with the rest of the clan. Was his likability what garnered so much resentment from the other two hunters?

The two spirals seemed more willing to fight each other than mantarune they had been tracking the past hour.

She raised a callused digit to her muzzle to quiet them.

“One more.”

Delano flinched in surprise. Lambret flinched in embarrassment. Rainyday rarely spoke. She preferred instead to be on the peripheral of conversation, offering smiles and nods as acknowledgment. For a sweet breather they hunted in silence.

Lambret broke the lull after a couple more battles. One more my tail, he thought.

“The sun will rise soon. We should return and get some rest if we still plan on moving camp later.” He sounded almost pleading. “Besides, you’re pushing yourself too hard for one night of training. You won’t be any stronger if you fall apart.”

He and his brothers were the most experienced fighters in the clan, and she knew he was right. She looked to Delano to see if he had anything to add.

“Yeah, who lit the fire under your rump anyways? It’s not like we can’t handle whatever comes.”

Always eloquent, Delano.

“Very soon things will change,” The imperial answered. “The air flows new routes, have you noticed?”

She stretched, her whole body tense for a moment, and turned in the direction back to camp. It would be a long hike home.

“I want to be ready.”
[b]Drawing Entry 1: Sickly Sailor[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=66955&tab=dragon&did=18803351][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/8e7f4d9272625f6cb9c20f559d2ff1b6/tumblr_p5d6q5RtOH1x0zdiao1_500.png[/img][/url]
Drawing Entry 1: Sickly Sailor

tumblr_p5d6q5RtOH1x0zdiao1_500.png
[b]Drawing Entry 2: Intoxicating Threat[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=66955&did=29234910][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/1598302d831b8b4033b500b18bc3d4d0/tumblr_p59gn31EMg1x0zdiao1_540.png[/img][/url]
Drawing Entry 2: Intoxicating Threat

tumblr_p59gn31EMg1x0zdiao1_540.png
[b]Drawing Entry 3: Corrupting Pest[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=66955&tab=dragon&did=7388430][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/4f6870b66835414d4c0b45a781f56822/tumblr_p6329dG0NG1x0zdiao1_540.png[/img][/url]
Drawing Entry 3: Corrupting Pest

tumblr_p6329dG0NG1x0zdiao1_540.png
[b]Story Entry 2: Salt soak[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18803351][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/188034/18803351.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9107896][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/91079/9107896.png[/img][/url][/center] Dragonhome may be known for the most spectacular sunrises in all of Sornieth (as long as you’re not asking an acolyte) but for the rest of the day, all there is to see is ground. Flat ground mainly. Flat and taupe. Even the great scars in the Earth could only break the monotony for so long. It had been ages since the last time they made camp. Stoat was exhausted, hanging towards the back of the caravan and dragging his feet every step of the way. [i]If he could just have a break[/i]. He had been zoning out for days. In an evening of wakefulness he looked over to see Versace lagging along with him. It was strange to see him alone, Stoat thought. Versace nodded towards him, acknowledging their shared exhaustion. Their leader had been strange recently. The whole damn world had. Letters from his old crew mates described riots at the forges and seas that had never been quieter. Rainyday, at the head of the clan had always been different, [i]but never tense like this. Never so jittery.[/i] “One more day of travel,” she would promise. She’d keep going well past that, not even realizing it until her confidants could convince her to stop. It never used to be like this. Stoat’s musings were interrupted by his own voice, startling even himself when he interrupted the silence. “Water…!” [i]Water was near![/i] All tiredness left Stoat’s body. The ache of his muscles and the claustrophobic feeling of his layers of wraps faded. [i]Waterwaterwater[/i]. He picked up his pace, running now, towards the head of the clan. [i]Water[/i]. Towards their imperial leader. “Please. We should rest. We should make camp here.” He panted, too frazzled to be nervous. The others stared. [i]The old sailor was never one to rock the boat, so why was he acting like this now? He thought he could convince her to stop?[/i] Curiously, the leader nodded and signaled for the clan to start setting up camp. They did as they were told, despite the shock. She never even asked for an explanation. As everybody settled down for the evening Stoat split off, attempting not to catch the attention of his clan. Most paid no mind. They were happy to rest after the weeks of travel. The only one not preoccupied was Versace. The Ridgeback slowly rose to follow the Wildclaw, bemused. His mate was off somewhere doing Earthshaker knows what. He needed something to keep him occupied. Since his time away from the sea Stoat had developed an internal dowsing rod; a skill mostly useless on the Shattered Plan. Now, however, it lead him to a steaming salt spring hidden in the cracks inside the Earth. He hurriedly shed his layers and unwrapped the salve-soaked cloths that protected his eroded sickly skin. By the time the Ridgeback had tracked him down, Stoat was nearly dozing off in the water. “You look cozy,” Versace shouted down from the opening in the ground. The Wildclaw perked up and swam towards the edge of the spring, resting at the edge of the water. “You look awful,” he yelled back. [i]It was true.[/i] Stoat may have been born ill, but Versace had come into sickness unknowingly. Velvet, his mate, had a toxic skin. Each time she coiled around the Ridgeback his health declined further. His skin was so thin it cracked and bled as he moved. Velvet didn’t care. Versace didn’t notice. Stoat had no clue whether he sympathized with the Ridgeback or hated him for throwing away his health so recklessly. “Jealousy doesn’t suit you, Stoat,” he cooed. Stoat scoffed. “Just come down here already.” Versace sunk into the pool and winced as the saltwater flooded the gashes in his hide. He looked to Stoat fearfully who assured him the salt was good for him. The two were never close. Versace wasn’t close with anybody. Stoat quickly realized that the ridgeback wasn’t nearly as insurable as he was made out to be. For a the evening, they sat quietly and enjoyed a silent soak. Hours passed. “Ah, It’s time to go back, don’t you think?” Stoat responded with a groan, and climbed out of the water. He began the tedious task of wrapping his rashes back up with the long strips of medicinal fabrics. Vesace remained in the water and watched. All he had worn there was jewelry, it’d take the Wildclaw much longer than him to get himself together. Stoat suddenly felt embarrassed under the other’s gaze. “The salves sooth my skin and the wraps protect from the elements,” Stoat defended himself, despite never being attacked, “It’s not pretty but it helps.” Versace chuckled and pointed out that he never said anything. They walked back to camp relaxed, replenished, and closer than ever. Since his welcoming into the clan, Stoat hadn’t this close to anybody. [i]Not the way he did when working on his ship[/i]. Not until now. At the end of the night the Wildclaw promised his new friend that he’d bring him some salve in the morning. They both rested calm and happily. Stoat slept easy, and woke early to a stunning sunrise. He stayed bundled in his bedding for hours, taking in the stillness of the clan. The only other dragon awake was their leader. He could see her off in the distance already scouting out where they would go. [i]So much for that break.[/i] He rummaged though his bag, finding the topical cream that would best suit Versaces injuries, and headed over to the Ridgebacks campsite. Versace was found with his tent collapsed, sleeping on the hard dry Earth. It reminded Stoat of fish he’d find on the beach, drying and bleaching in the sun. [i]He really does look awful[/i]. ??As Stoat reached out to wake Versace, a hiss stopped him. A spiral clawed out from under the collapsed tent and glared at him. Velvet? Was she back so soon? “Come no closer,” she threatened. He wanted to speak, to protest, but she cut off any thoughts he had.?? “You might’ve noticed, but dragons who cross me don’t last long here.”? She was right, even in his short time in the clan he had seen quite a few slink away, bearing infected wounds. He had been warned that she was to be left alone, to be ignored, when he first joined. ?? Stoat placed the cream on the ground in front of her. “For him,” he nearly whispered, before returning to the central part of camp. Dragons there were already packing up. It soon would be time to get moving again. Stoat groaned at the thought and began to prepare for the journey himself, lonelier than ever.
Story Entry 2: Salt soak
18803351.png9107896.png

Dragonhome may be known for the most spectacular sunrises in all of Sornieth (as long as you’re not asking an acolyte) but for the rest of the day, all there is to see is ground. Flat ground mainly. Flat and taupe. Even the great scars in the Earth could only break the monotony for so long.

It had been ages since the last time they made camp. Stoat was exhausted, hanging towards the back of the caravan and dragging his feet every step of the way. If he could just have a break. He had been zoning out for days.

In an evening of wakefulness he looked over to see Versace lagging along with him. It was strange to see him alone, Stoat thought. Versace nodded towards him, acknowledging their shared exhaustion.

Their leader had been strange recently. The whole damn world had. Letters from his old crew mates described riots at the forges and seas that had never been quieter. Rainyday, at the head of the clan had always been different, but never tense like this. Never so jittery.

“One more day of travel,” she would promise. She’d keep going well past that, not even realizing it until her confidants could convince her to stop. It never used to be like this.

Stoat’s musings were interrupted by his own voice, startling even himself when he interrupted the silence.

“Water…!”

Water was near! All tiredness left Stoat’s body. The ache of his muscles and the claustrophobic feeling of his layers of wraps faded. Waterwaterwater. He picked up his pace, running now, towards the head of the clan. Water. Towards their imperial leader.

“Please. We should rest. We should make camp here.” He panted, too frazzled to be nervous.

The others stared. The old sailor was never one to rock the boat, so why was he acting like this now? He thought he could convince her to stop?

Curiously, the leader nodded and signaled for the clan to start setting up camp. They did as they were told, despite the shock. She never even asked for an explanation.

As everybody settled down for the evening Stoat split off, attempting not to catch the attention of his clan. Most paid no mind. They were happy to rest after the weeks of travel. The only one not preoccupied was Versace. The Ridgeback slowly rose to follow the Wildclaw, bemused. His mate was off somewhere doing Earthshaker knows what. He needed something to keep him occupied.

Since his time away from the sea Stoat had developed an internal dowsing rod; a skill mostly useless on the Shattered Plan. Now, however, it lead him to a steaming salt spring hidden in the cracks inside the Earth. He hurriedly shed his layers and unwrapped the salve-soaked cloths that protected his eroded sickly skin. By the time the Ridgeback had tracked him down, Stoat was nearly dozing off in the water.

“You look cozy,” Versace shouted down from the opening in the ground.

The Wildclaw perked up and swam towards the edge of the spring, resting at the edge of the water.

“You look awful,” he yelled back.

It was true. Stoat may have been born ill, but Versace had come into sickness unknowingly. Velvet, his mate, had a toxic skin. Each time she coiled around the Ridgeback his health declined further. His skin was so thin it cracked and bled as he moved. Velvet didn’t care. Versace didn’t notice. Stoat had no clue whether he sympathized with the Ridgeback or hated him for throwing away his health so recklessly.

“Jealousy doesn’t suit you, Stoat,” he cooed.

Stoat scoffed. “Just come down here already.”

Versace sunk into the pool and winced as the saltwater flooded the gashes in his hide. He looked to Stoat fearfully who assured him the salt was good for him.

The two were never close. Versace wasn’t close with anybody. Stoat quickly realized that the ridgeback wasn’t nearly as insurable as he was made out to be. For a the evening, they sat quietly and enjoyed a silent soak. Hours passed.

“Ah, It’s time to go back, don’t you think?”

Stoat responded with a groan, and climbed out of the water. He began the tedious task of wrapping his rashes back up with the long strips of medicinal fabrics. Vesace remained in the water and watched. All he had worn there was jewelry, it’d take the Wildclaw much longer than him to get himself together. Stoat suddenly felt embarrassed under the other’s gaze.

“The salves sooth my skin and the wraps protect from the elements,” Stoat defended himself, despite never being attacked, “It’s not pretty but it helps.”

Versace chuckled and pointed out that he never said anything. They walked back to camp relaxed, replenished, and closer than ever. Since his welcoming into the clan, Stoat hadn’t this close to anybody. Not the way he did when working on his ship. Not until now.

At the end of the night the Wildclaw promised his new friend that he’d bring him some salve in the morning. They both rested calm and happily.

Stoat slept easy, and woke early to a stunning sunrise. He stayed bundled in his bedding for hours, taking in the stillness of the clan. The only other dragon awake was their leader. He could see her off in the distance already scouting out where they would go. So much for that break.

He rummaged though his bag, finding the topical cream that would best suit Versaces injuries, and headed over to the Ridgebacks campsite. Versace was found with his tent collapsed, sleeping on the hard dry Earth. It reminded Stoat of fish he’d find on the beach, drying and bleaching in the sun. He really does look awful.

??As Stoat reached out to wake Versace, a hiss stopped him. A spiral clawed out from under the collapsed tent and glared at him. Velvet? Was she back so soon?
“Come no closer,” she threatened.

He wanted to speak, to protest, but she cut off any thoughts he had.??

“You might’ve noticed, but dragons who cross me don’t last long here.”?

She was right, even in his short time in the clan he had seen quite a few slink away, bearing infected wounds. He had been warned that she was to be left alone, to be ignored, when he first joined. ??

Stoat placed the cream on the ground in front of her.

“For him,” he nearly whispered, before returning to the central part of camp.

Dragons there were already packing up. It soon would be time to get moving again. Stoat groaned at the thought and began to prepare for the journey himself, lonelier than ever.
[b]Lorebuilding Entry 1: Lairs[/b] Prompts from @/shian's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2407354/1]lorebuilding thread[/url] [b]1. Where do you live on your flight's map?[/b] My clan is nomadic. As an Earth Clan they spend most of their time in Dragonhome, but occasionally the clan finds themselves traveling through nature and plague territories as well. [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/earth_0.png[/img][nextcol] Primarily they wander around the shattered plain, but they do make pilgrimages to the pillar of the world when they feel its pull. [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/earth_3.png[/img] [/columns] [b]2. What does it look like before you enter? What is the grand facade that you show to the world that this, THIS is your home![/b] The first thing that dragons see of the lair is its bonfire. It's more of a camp than a lair. Surrounding the central bonfire are scattered tents and mats and supplies. There's a lot of freedom in the setup, which is a nice way to say disorganization. 3[b]. Now let’s work on the inside. What facilities will you need to service your clan?[/b] The camp is really barebones. If you can't carry it with you leave it behind. The most consistent structure is a central tent. Here dragons bring excess supplies and food that they don't want to claim for themselves. You can often tell where the camp used to be because they'll leave behind their small stockpile of things they couldn't bring with them. [b]4. Since you have that map out, do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes? If so, make sure you have passageways for your largest dragons. Do your smaller dragons keep their own mini-colony somewhere?[/b] Honestly I don't really stick to FRs sizes. I water them down like 100%. A Fae compared to an Imp would be like a 4ft tall person compared to a 7ft tall person. [b]5. It’s a good time to think about technology. How technologically advanced is your clan?[/b] Do they use tools to help them hunt or is it all claws and teeth? What about armor? Is it used for hunting or strictly for battle? Technology is pretty delayed compared to other clans. Specialized tools may make life easier but is it really worth it to have a heavier satchel? Like everything else, weapons and armor tend to be a personal choice. It's pretty rare to see anybody sporting armor though. Weapons are almost exclusively used for hunting. The clan has more of a "live to fight another day" philosophy and rarely battles with other clans. There is some in-clan squabbles (almost always instigated by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=66955&tab=dragon&did=7388430]Velvet[/url]) and the resolution is almost always somebody limping off and leaving the clan. [b]What about comforts?[/b] Do you use electricity or torches? Is there air conditioning or heaters? What do the beds look like? If you use blankets, who makes them? What does your hatchery or nursery look like? Is your clan literate? Firelight is used almost always over electricity. It provides light, heat, and scares off whatever critters may otherwise wander their way. Giant mats and comforters are great for sleeping because they can then be rolled up and used as a sack to carry belongings when the time to move comes. Most things come from marketplaces the clan comes across. Most of the dragons in the clan are presumably literate but only [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=66955&tab=dragon&did=24287969]Peacherine[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=66955&tab=dragon&did=21484146]Chypre[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=66955&tab=dragon&did=35262650]Ceis[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=66955&tab=dragon&did=37843606]Mars[/url], and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=66955&tab=dragon&did=34488922]CLOWNSHOES[/url], are regularly found with books. If anybody has hatchlings its expected that they manage them. Runaway hatchlings follow the clan from time to time but they rarely stick around. [center][b]Advanced Lorebuilding[/b][/center] [b]1. Let’s talk about invaders.[/b] Other dragons, beastclan, maybe an angry bug that just wants a new home and is drilling in your tree... How defendable is your lair? The land they settle on is usually out in the open in areas that aren't worth fighting over. Why attack them for this barren flat area when it expands seemingly infinitely? Their main strategy is to pack up and leave. [b]2. How is justice dealt with in your clan? [/b]There’s bound to be squabbles and consequences. Do you have a jail? Maybe a full blown prison. Or maybe a guillotine. You can't just tell another dragon to stop tagging along. You can ignore them and excite them from nights around the campfire but at the end of the day the only way to get rid of someone is to make them not want to come back. [b]3. Okay, focus on something more fun: The hoard![/b] Is it just in a giant pile somewhere like a traditional dragon hoard? Dragons hoard their own individual objects. If you want it you're in charge of brining it with you. When they come back from the hunt with excess spoils they drop them off by the main tent for others to take.
Lorebuilding Entry 1: Lairs
Prompts from @/shian's lorebuilding thread

1. Where do you live on your flight's map?

My clan is nomadic. As an Earth Clan they spend most of their time in Dragonhome, but occasionally the clan finds themselves traveling through nature and plague territories as well.
earth_0.png Primarily they wander around the shattered plain, but they do make pilgrimages to the pillar of the world when they feel its pull. earth_3.png

2. What does it look like before you enter? What is the grand facade that you show to the world that this, THIS is your home!

The first thing that dragons see of the lair is its bonfire. It's more of a camp than a lair. Surrounding the central bonfire are scattered tents and mats and supplies. There's a lot of freedom in the setup, which is a nice way to say disorganization.

3. Now let’s work on the inside. What facilities will you need to service your clan?

The camp is really barebones. If you can't carry it with you leave it behind. The most consistent structure is a central tent. Here dragons bring excess supplies and food that they don't want to claim for themselves. You can often tell where the camp used to be because they'll leave behind their small stockpile of things they couldn't bring with them.

4. Since you have that map out, do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes? If so, make sure you have passageways for your largest dragons. Do your smaller dragons keep their own mini-colony somewhere?

Honestly I don't really stick to FRs sizes. I water them down like 100%. A Fae compared to an Imp would be like a 4ft tall person compared to a 7ft tall person.

5. It’s a good time to think about technology.
How technologically advanced is your clan?
Do they use tools to help them hunt or is it all claws and teeth? What about armor? Is it used for hunting or strictly for battle?

Technology is pretty delayed compared to other clans. Specialized tools may make life easier but is it really worth it to have a heavier satchel? Like everything else, weapons and armor tend to be a personal choice. It's pretty rare to see anybody sporting armor though. Weapons are almost exclusively used for hunting. The clan has more of a "live to fight another day" philosophy and rarely battles with other clans. There is some in-clan squabbles (almost always instigated by Velvet) and the resolution is almost always somebody limping off and leaving the clan.

What about comforts? Do you use electricity or torches? Is there air conditioning or heaters? What do the beds look like? If you use blankets, who makes them? What does your hatchery or nursery look like? Is your clan literate?

Firelight is used almost always over electricity. It provides light, heat, and scares off whatever critters may otherwise wander their way. Giant mats and comforters are great for sleeping because they can then be rolled up and used as a sack to carry belongings when the time to move comes. Most things come from marketplaces the clan comes across. Most of the dragons in the clan are presumably literate but only Peacherine, Chypre, Ceis, Mars, and CLOWNSHOES, are regularly found with books. If anybody has hatchlings its expected that they manage them. Runaway hatchlings follow the clan from time to time but they rarely stick around.
Advanced Lorebuilding

1. Let’s talk about invaders. Other dragons, beastclan, maybe an angry bug that just wants a new home and is drilling in your tree... How defendable is your lair?

The land they settle on is usually out in the open in areas that aren't worth fighting over. Why attack them for this barren flat area when it expands seemingly infinitely? Their main strategy is to pack up and leave.

2. How is justice dealt with in your clan? There’s bound to be squabbles and consequences. Do you have a jail? Maybe a full blown prison. Or maybe a guillotine.

You can't just tell another dragon to stop tagging along. You can ignore them and excite them from nights around the campfire but at the end of the day the only way to get rid of someone is to make them not want to come back.

3. Okay, focus on something more fun: The hoard!
Is it just in a giant pile somewhere like a traditional dragon hoard?

Dragons hoard their own individual objects. If you want it you're in charge of brining it with you. When they come back from the hunt with excess spoils they drop them off by the main tent for others to take.

[b]Lorebuilding Entry 2: Clan Roles: Hierarchy and Personalities[/b] Prompts from @/shian's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2413016#post_32570282]lorebuilding thread[/url] [b]1. What social structure do you use?[/b] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5401017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/54011/5401017.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][color=transparent].....[/color][nextcol] No matter who you ask, Rainyday is the obvious leader. Her endless instinct to keep moving makes others gravitate towards her. The clan is a bunch of dragons who just want somebody to follow. While nobody has any of the same goals or history, they have each other wether they like it or not.[/columns] [b]2. Head on over to a personality trait guide and give it a quick look. Do any of these words stick to one of your dragons?[/b] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5401017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/54011/5401017.png[/img][/url] [b]Rainyday[/b]: Calm Aloof Quiet [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3855087] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/38551/3855087.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lace[/b]: Indecisive Reliable Changing [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26410704] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/264108/26410704.png[/img] [/url] [b]Oleander[/b]: Foreign Driven Preoccupied [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24287969] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/242880/24287969.png[/img] [/url] [b]Peacherine[/b]: Fraudulent Indulgent Well-meaning [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21484146] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/214842/21484146.png[/img] [/url] [b]Chypre[/b]: Formal Avoidant Dreamy [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38676657] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/386767/38676657.png[/img] [/url] [b]Alpenrose[/b]: Unnatural Unspeaking Fretful [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29234910] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/292350/29234910.png[/img] [/url] [b]Pestilence[/b]: Pernicious Stupid Charmless [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35262650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/352627/35262650.png[/img] [/url] [b]Ceis[/b]: Scholarly Romantic Patient [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37843606] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/378437/37843606.png[/img] [/url] [b]Mars[/b]: Foolhardy Confident Butch [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18803351] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/188034/18803351.png[/img] [/url] [b]Stoat[/b]: Languid Fashionable Mellow [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9107896] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/91079/9107896.png[/img] [/url] [b]Versace[/b]: Bigheaded Oblivious Facetious [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7388430] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/73885/7388430.png[/img] [/url] [b]Velvet[/b]: Antagonizing Lethal Sardonic [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34488922] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/344890/34488922.png[/img] [/url] [b]CLOWNSHOES[/b]: Jolly Loud Playful [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39089094] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390891/39089094.png[/img] [/url] [b]Verence[/b]: Perceptive Solemn Precise [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1949005] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/19491/1949005.png[/img] [/url] [b]TRASHDRAGON[/b]: Reckless Elevated Jubilant [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8421087] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/84211/8421087.png[/img] [/url] [b]Starlight[/b]: Warm Enigmatic Reserved [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5372864] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/53729/5372864.png[/img] [/url] [b]Jormungandr[/b]: Lethargic Resourceful Placid [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5266850] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/52669/5266850.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lambret[/b]: Stressed Proper Close-mouthed [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5266735][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/52668/5266735.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5266733][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/52668/5266733.png[/img][/url] [b]Dove and Delano[/b]: Brothers Deceitful Rude Private [/columns] [b]3. Okay, now that you’ve got a basic idea of personalities, how do these dragons interact with each other?[/b] [LIST] [*] Lace, Lambret, and Oleander are Rainydays greatest confidants [*] Peacherine is falling in love with Chyper despite being hired to track him down [*] The only person in the clan who tolerates Pestilence is Alpenrose, and she barely leaves his side [*] Ceis and Mars are girlfriends [*] Stoat is falling for Versace. Versace is in love with Velvet, who is extremely possessive of him. Velvets toxic skin makes Versace extremely sick but he doesn't notice. [*] CLOWNSHOES and Verence are from rival factions. They're both currently on the run from them after deserting. Very Romeo and Juliet. [*] Starlight and Jormungandr are witch girlfriends. They don't really hang out with anybody but each other. [*] Lambret is the oldest of the three brothers. Dove and Delano are younger and leave their brother out of all their scheming but Lambret is growing suspicious. [/LIST]
Lorebuilding Entry 2: Clan Roles: Hierarchy and Personalities
Prompts from @/shian's lorebuilding thread

1. What social structure do you use?

5401017.png
..... No matter who you ask, Rainyday is the obvious leader. Her endless instinct to keep moving makes others gravitate towards her. The clan is a bunch of dragons who just want somebody to follow. While nobody has any of the same goals or history, they have each other wether they like it or not.

2. Head on over to a personality trait guide and give it a quick look. Do any of these words stick to one of your dragons?

5401017.png

Rainyday:
Calm
Aloof
Quiet

3855087.png

Lace:
Indecisive
Reliable
Changing

26410704.png

Oleander:
Foreign
Driven
Preoccupied

24287969.png

Peacherine:
Fraudulent
Indulgent
Well-meaning

21484146.png

Chypre:
Formal
Avoidant
Dreamy

38676657.png

Alpenrose:
Unnatural
Unspeaking
Fretful

29234910.png

Pestilence:
Pernicious
Stupid
Charmless

35262650.png

Ceis:
Scholarly
Romantic
Patient

37843606.png

Mars:
Foolhardy
Confident
Butch

18803351.png

Stoat:
Languid
Fashionable
Mellow

9107896.png

Versace:
Bigheaded
Oblivious
Facetious

7388430.png

Velvet:
Antagonizing
Lethal
Sardonic

34488922.png

CLOWNSHOES:
Jolly
Loud
Playful

39089094.png

Verence:
Perceptive
Solemn
Precise

1949005.png

TRASHDRAGON:
Reckless
Elevated
Jubilant

8421087.png

Starlight:
Warm
Enigmatic
Reserved

5372864.png

Jormungandr:
Lethargic
Resourceful
Placid

5266850.png

Lambret:
Stressed
Proper
Close-mouthed
5266735.png 5266733.png
Dove and Delano:
Brothers
Deceitful
Rude
Private

3. Okay, now that you’ve got a basic idea of personalities, how do these dragons interact with each other?
  • Lace, Lambret, and Oleander are Rainydays greatest confidants
  • Peacherine is falling in love with Chyper despite being hired to track him down
  • The only person in the clan who tolerates Pestilence is Alpenrose, and she barely leaves his side
  • Ceis and Mars are girlfriends
  • Stoat is falling for Versace. Versace is in love with Velvet, who is extremely possessive of him. Velvets toxic skin makes Versace extremely sick but he doesn't notice.
  • CLOWNSHOES and Verence are from rival factions. They're both currently on the run from them after deserting. Very Romeo and Juliet.
  • Starlight and Jormungandr are witch girlfriends. They don't really hang out with anybody but each other.
  • Lambret is the oldest of the three brothers. Dove and Delano are younger and leave their brother out of all their scheming but Lambret is growing suspicious.