Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
I'm sorry for the early ping, I accidentally hit submit when I hadn't written anything D:
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics
2 more days until they grow up! And one more day of backstory. Today it's Aiki!
The Beginning, Part Three:
The little pearlcatcher crept to the edge of the lair. She glanced at her parents, who were busy cooing over the other hatchlings in the nest. They never pay attention to me, why would they start now? She sighed. But looking ahead of her, she began to smile. More chances for me to explore! She tumbled over the rough edge, setting off on what was sure to be a grand adventure.
I'm sorry for the early ping, I accidentally hit submit when I hadn't written anything D:
2 more days until they grow up! And one more day of backstory. Today it's Aiki!
The Beginning, Part Three:
The little pearlcatcher crept to the edge of the lair. She glanced at her parents, who were busy cooing over the other hatchlings in the nest. They never pay attention to me, why would they start now? She sighed. But looking ahead of her, she began to smile. More chances for me to explore! She tumbled over the rough edge, setting off on what was sure to be a grand adventure.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@ObsidianMage
Cool! can't wait 'till they grow up :D
@ObsidianMage
Cool! can't wait 'till they grow up :D
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics Today's the day! Everyone's grown up, or will be soon. I've gone ahead and drawn my item, which is... [center][item=shalebuck horn][/center] Today's a bio day! But since it's the very beginning, I'm going to try writing in information about each of them as I write the story. [center][u]Day 0[/u][/center] [center] The coatl slowly crept through the woods, warily glancing around. A stick snapped nearby, causing him to yelp in surprise and fear. "Is... is anyone there?" He shook his head to clear it. [i]I'm too skittish. I'm just hearing things that aren't there.[/i] A little spiral poked her head down from the trees. "Sorry mister, did you say something?" The coatl yelped and backpedaled furiously, throwing his wings up to shield himself. "Hey wait, don't leave! I just want someone to talk to," the spiral frowned. The coatl slowly slunk forward. "Sorry, you scared me. Who are you?" She dropped down to the ground. "The name's Katsura, you can call me Kat if you like. What's yours?" "Well," the coatl hummed nervously. "...my family didn't get a chance to name me. Something bad happened..." he shuddered as he remembered that dancing light. "Well that won't do, I'll just have to come up with something myself. How about.... Duskrunner? Dusk because you blend in with the night forest, runner since you tried to dash away from me," she laughed. "Ok, I guess that works," Duskrunner said. "What's a spiral like you doing alone in this forest?" he asked. "I'm actually looking for my brother. He was teaching me how to hunt, but I think he left me here accidentally..." she trailed off sadly. "Hey, you could help me find him! Want to help?" Duskrunner considered the offer. He didn't want to be alone in this forest, and something about the spiral seemed familiar and friendly. "Sure," he smiled. Kat perked up immediately. "Off on an adventure!" A little voice chimed in, "Adventure? Can I come?" Spinning around, Duskrunner and Kat saw a tiny pearlcatcher looking up wistfully. "You're a long way from home, aren't you? Won't your parents be worried?" Kat asked. "Nah, I sneak out all the time. They never notice me, ever... But can I come? I love exploring!" "What's your name, then?" Duskrunner asked. "My parents just came up with something random. I think they said..." the pearlcatcher's face scrunched in concentration. "...Aiki!" she remembered. Duskrunner and Kat looked at each other, understanding passing between them. This little pearlcatcher seemed like them: they were all without a family in some way, unnoticed. Kat nodded to Duskrunner, and both looked back at the pearlcatcher. "Alright, you're in. We'll take care of you, and each other." Kat said. The pearlcatcher's face split into a big grin. "YAAYYYY! I can't wait to explore!" She barreled into Duskrunner with her wings spread wide. He tensed, then relaxed into the hug. And smiled.
Today's the day! Everyone's grown up, or will be soon. I've gone ahead and drawn my item, which is...
Shalebuck Horn
Today's a bio day! But since it's the very beginning, I'm going to try writing in information about each of them as I write the story.
Day 0
The coatl slowly crept through the woods, warily glancing around. A stick snapped nearby, causing him to yelp in surprise and fear. "Is... is anyone there?"
He shook his head to clear it. I'm too skittish. I'm just hearing things that aren't there.
A little spiral poked her head down from the trees. "Sorry mister, did you say something?"
The coatl yelped and backpedaled furiously, throwing his wings up to shield himself.
"Hey wait, don't leave! I just want someone to talk to," the spiral frowned.
The coatl slowly slunk forward. "Sorry, you scared me. Who are you?"
She dropped down to the ground. "The name's Katsura, you can call me Kat if you like. What's yours?"
"Well," the coatl hummed nervously. "...my family didn't get a chance to name me. Something bad happened..." he shuddered as he remembered that dancing light.
"Well that won't do, I'll just have to come up with something myself. How about.... Duskrunner? Dusk because you blend in with the night forest, runner since you tried to dash away from me," she laughed.
"Ok, I guess that works," Duskrunner said. "What's a spiral like you doing alone in this forest?" he asked.
"I'm actually looking for my brother. He was teaching me how to hunt, but I think he left me here accidentally..." she trailed off sadly. "Hey, you could help me find him! Want to help?"
Duskrunner considered the offer. He didn't want to be alone in this forest, and something about the spiral seemed familiar and friendly. "Sure," he smiled.
Kat perked up immediately. "Off on an adventure!"
A little voice chimed in, "Adventure? Can I come?"
Spinning around, Duskrunner and Kat saw a tiny pearlcatcher looking up wistfully.
"You're a long way from home, aren't you? Won't your parents be worried?" Kat asked.
"Nah, I sneak out all the time. They never notice me, ever... But can I come? I love exploring!"
"What's your name, then?" Duskrunner asked.
"My parents just came up with something random. I think they said..." the pearlcatcher's face scrunched in concentration. "...Aiki!" she remembered.
Duskrunner and Kat looked at each other, understanding passing between them. This little pearlcatcher seemed like them: they were all without a family in some way, unnoticed. Kat nodded to Duskrunner, and both looked back at the pearlcatcher. "Alright, you're in. We'll take care of you, and each other." Kat said.
The pearlcatcher's face split into a big grin. "YAAYYYY! I can't wait to explore!"
She barreled into Duskrunner with her wings spread wide. He tensed, then relaxed into the hug.
And smiled.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
Yessssss, the feels :D

Is Kat as old as Duskrunner? They talk to each other like Aiki is a lot younger.
@ObsidianMage
Yessssss, the feels :D

Is Kat as old as Duskrunner? They talk to each other like Aiki is a lot younger.
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@Aetherstorm
I’m going off their irl ages: Duskrunner would be the oldest, Kat is a couple weeks younger than him, and Aiki is younger by a month. Aiki is still considered a hatchling, but is about to grow up.
@Aetherstorm
I’m going off their irl ages: Duskrunner would be the oldest, Kat is a couple weeks younger than him, and Aiki is younger by a month. Aiki is still considered a hatchling, but is about to grow up.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMagd
Cool!!!

. . . are you shipping?
@ObsidianMagd
Cool!!!

. . . are you shipping?
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@ObsidianMage MORE STORY TIME NOW

I WANT KATSURA AND DUSKRUNNER AND AIKI
@ObsidianMage MORE STORY TIME NOW

I WANT KATSURA AND DUSKRUNNER AND AIKI
shinx.gifblitzle.gifeelektross.gif
@Aetherstorm ...are you saying you want shipping?

@Avu42 more story time tomorrow, I promise!
@Aetherstorm ...are you saying you want shipping?

@Avu42 more story time tomorrow, I promise!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage *subs to thread* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY
@ObsidianMage *subs to thread* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY
shinx.gifblitzle.gifeelektross.gif
@ObsidianMage
Nope! At least not yet. . .