Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 24
@ObsidianMage
SSSTTTTOOOORRRRRYYYYYTTTTIIIIMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
@ObsidianMage
SSSTTTTOOOORRRRRYYYYYTTTTIIIIMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
[center][item=emerald shiners] [u]Day 29[/u] Dusk stepped into the dingy inn carefully. “Hello?” he called out. The others slowly followed him, Kat coughing somewhat from the dust filling the air. It was dark and musty, with no signs of any dragons. Candles contained in glass bulbs were attached to the walls, barely providing some light. “I don’t think anyone’s here...” said Aiki. “Well, we all need a place to sleep,” said Vaz. “It doesn’t matter whether someone’s here or not, if there’s a bed, I’m taking it.” Autumn fluttered up next to him. “You better not hog the whole bed, mister. Others want to sleep too.” “Wait a second, what’s that?” asked Kat, pointing to a sign affixed to a wall. It read, [b]Inn out of service. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/b] “Well, that’s great,” sighed Dusk. “Now what are we going to do? There’s nowhere else we can go for now, and Soren and Raven are getting cranky...” The hatchlings were curled on their mother, looking very grumpy about not sleeping yet. “You know what?” asked Autumn. “Let’s just find a room, and stay in it for now. It’s not like there’s anyone here to kick us out.” “I’m in,” replied Aiki. “If there’s a place to sleep, we’re taking it. We’re all really tired.” “Too much has been happening recently,” agreed Dusk. “Let’s go.” ~~~ The dragons awoke the next day, feeling slightly more refreshed than before. Aiki yawned. “I’m still super tired...” “I think we all are,” replied Autumn. “We were up pretty late last night, after all.” “Well, at least we’ve found this place,” said Vaz. The spiral glanced around, grimacing at the dirt. “Even if it does need some fixing up.” Raven tottered out of the room, gaining speed as she left. “I wanna go explore, Mom!” she called. Kat reached out as if to grab back her hatchling, then sighed. “Alright,” she reluctantly replied. “Just, be back soon, and go with Soren, alright?” Soren dashed out after Raven. “Thanks, Mom! I’ll see you soon!” Only a cloud of dust was left in his wake. Dusk smiled. “They’ll be fine,” he reassured his mate. “Now, let’s see what we can do about fixing up this place.” ----- [/center]@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 Back again! Setting up some adventures for tomorrow... >;)
Emerald Shiners

Day 29

Dusk stepped into the dingy inn carefully. “Hello?” he called out. The others slowly followed him, Kat coughing somewhat from the dust filling the air. It was dark and musty, with no signs of any dragons. Candles contained in glass bulbs were attached to the walls, barely providing some light.
“I don’t think anyone’s here...” said Aiki.
“Well, we all need a place to sleep,” said Vaz. “It doesn’t matter whether someone’s here or not, if there’s a bed, I’m taking it.”
Autumn fluttered up next to him. “You better not hog the whole bed, mister. Others want to sleep too.”
“Wait a second, what’s that?” asked Kat, pointing to a sign affixed to a wall. It read, Inn out of service. Sorry for the inconvenience.
“Well, that’s great,” sighed Dusk. “Now what are we going to do? There’s nowhere else we can go for now, and Soren and Raven are getting cranky...” The hatchlings were curled on their mother, looking very grumpy about not sleeping yet.
“You know what?” asked Autumn. “Let’s just find a room, and stay in it for now. It’s not like there’s anyone here to kick us out.”
“I’m in,” replied Aiki. “If there’s a place to sleep, we’re taking it. We’re all really tired.”
“Too much has been happening recently,” agreed Dusk. “Let’s go.”

~~~

The dragons awoke the next day, feeling slightly more refreshed than before.
Aiki yawned. “I’m still super tired...”
“I think we all are,” replied Autumn. “We were up pretty late last night, after all.”
“Well, at least we’ve found this place,” said Vaz. The spiral glanced around, grimacing at the dirt. “Even if it does need some fixing up.”
Raven tottered out of the room, gaining speed as she left. “I wanna go explore, Mom!” she called.
Kat reached out as if to grab back her hatchling, then sighed. “Alright,” she reluctantly replied. “Just, be back soon, and go with Soren, alright?”
Soren dashed out after Raven. “Thanks, Mom! I’ll see you soon!” Only a cloud of dust was left in his wake.
Dusk smiled. “They’ll be fine,” he reassured his mate.
“Now, let’s see what we can do about fixing up this place.”

@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2
Back again! Setting up some adventures for tomorrow... >;)
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
Whooo!
Whooo!
All of your flaws and all of my flaws,
When they have been exhumed
We'll see that we need them to be who we are
Without them we'd be doomed
image.gif
|She/Her | | Skin/accent selling | |
oh no
oh no
Only the wise can survive the cold , we are the storm that destroys the foolish || I use He/They/It pronouns!!
YESSSSSSS I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D :D :D
YESSSSSSS I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D :D :D
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@Aetherstorm
:D

@icystorm2
Don’t worry. Nothing bad happening yet...
@Aetherstorm
:D

@icystorm2
Don’t worry. Nothing bad happening yet...
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
[center][item=berserker] Heads. [u]Day 30[/u] The town of Pinefall was quiet. A light mist filled the air, softening any sounds that passed through. The large pines towered over the darkened buildings, as if nature had showed up to claim what was once hers. Not many dragons stirred, preferring the coziness of their homes, but a few still flitted between buildings. Two hatchlings scampered through the streets, giggling at the possibilities of adventure. “Where do ya wanna go, Soren?” Raven asked her brother with a smile. The slightly older spiral paused. “I know we shouldn't… But don't you want to see what's out there?” He pointed towards the edge of the town, where the mist seemed slightly thicker. As they watched, it curled into strange shapes, almost beckoning the young dragons towards it. Raven laughed gleefully, but the sound fell flat in the mist. “Let's go!” She tugged her brother towards the edge of town, and he followed. After a few streets, the buildings slowly faded out behind them, the fog beginning to grow thicker. One last tavern marked the edge of the town, and the hatchlings plunged forwards deep into the trees, following the dark mist. They walked for what seemed like hours to their young minds, although it was only a few minutes. The sounds of the forest grew louder around them as they traveled, insects chirping and trees rustling. Far from making them feel relaxed, though, the dragons felt less and less comfortable as time went on. A stick suddenly snapped behind them, and Raven yelped and pressed closer to Soren. “What was that?” She asked in a small voice. Soren glanced behind them, wrapping a wing around his sister. “I don't see anything. It was probably nothing,” he added reassuringly. Raven shivered all the same. “I kinda wanna go home,” she whimpered. “It's gotten scary out here, and it's not fun at all. I don't want to explore anymore.” “Alright,” Soren agreed. He turned around as if to head back the same way they had came. “No!” Raven yelped. “What if something was following us, and that's what we heard? Let's go back a different way.” She started tugging him in a different direction, off to the left instead of forwards. “I don't think that's a good idea, though,” said Soren. “We don't know what's over that way, and what if we get lost?” “Please, Soren!” whined Raven. “I don't want to find any monsters. Mom and Dad aren't here to help us!” The hatchlings continued arguing, as the forest fell silent around them. Suddenly the hatchlings fell silent too. Sharp thudding sounds were coming from behind them, as if something was running. Something large. Very large. The hatchlings gasped in fright, staring at where the sounds were coming from. Raven glanced wide-eyed at her brother, who glanced back and nodded. They turned and fled in the opposite direction. The spirals stumbled over increasingly rough terrain. Trees and rocks loomed out of the mist, the hatchlings barely avoiding some of them. Sticks snapped and scratched at the hatchlings, but they were too busy running to care. “Just keep going!” Soren yelled. Raven was silent in reply, except for the occasional gasping breath as she focused on running. Suddenly they ran out of forest to run through. Soren yelped and backpedaled furiously, grabbing his sister to prevent her from falling. They glanced behind them, but whatever was chasing them seemed to have disappeared. They turned forward slowly, staring at what was in front of them. “Wha… What is this place?” Raven asked in a soft voice. A deep arena lay before them, with stairs leading down from all sides. Dark stone slabs covered the floor, and columns led up to the air in regular intervals. But nothing was in the very center, save for a deep, dark pool filled with something strange. “I think this is the Forum of the Obscured Crescent,” Soren replied. The hatchlings gazed in wonder at the sight. “You're a smart little hatchling, aren't you?” A silky voice oozed from behind. The hatchlings whirled around, Soren edging in front of his sister. “Leave us alone!” He yelled defiantly. “Or at least show yourself!” he added. “If I must,” the strange voice replied from the shadows of the trees. The mist coiled, darkening slightly, then a skydancer stepped out from it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41933915] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/419340/41933915_350.png[/img] [/url] She grinned from under her hood, chuckling slightly at the fear on their faces. “Oh, dear. You seem to be in trouble. You should have listened to your sister earlier, darling… Left while you had the chance.” “That was you who was watching us?” cried Raven. “You're crazy!” “Be careful what you say, darling,” she chided. “You never know what might be true. Even if you're caught in a web of lies.” “Leave us alone!” Raven screamed. She tried to yell as loudly as she could, the sound echoing over the trees. The skydancer swiftly stepped forward and pinched her mouth shut. “Now, now, the fun is only just beginning! Why would you want to leave?” Soren leaped onto the skydancer, scratching as much as he could. “GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER!” He screeched. The skydancer simply stared at him, and a burst of magic slammed into him, knocking him away. “You're… annoying,” she snarled, twitching slightly. “Let's take care of that for you, hmm?” Raven’s eyes widened, but she couldn't speak. She whimpered as she saw the fury in the skydancer’s eyes. The skydancer stormed over to a pillar, Raven in tow. She conjured a rope from thin air, and slammed Raven up against the pillar. “Stay there, and stay silent if you know what's good for you,” she hissed. She tied Raven up to the pillar, making sure she couldn't move. “And now, for you,” she snarled, storming over to Soren. He was collapsed on the ground still, but his eyes fluttered open as the skydancer picked him up. Raven watched helplessly from her spot as the skydancer dragged her brother down to the center. She didn't dare speak, for fear of what else the skydancer might do to Soren. The skydancer drew out a large, battered tome from among the stones down below. She cleared her throat, and began chanting. Raven couldn't hear many of the words from high above, but a few drifted up her way: [i]Shade, ensorcel, sacrifice.[/i] Soren struggled as the chanting grew louder and louder. The skydancer slammed her claws on him, and continued. Finally, she screamed,[i] “I curse you, fodder, to stay in the pit! Feed the Shade!” [/i] And with that ominous ending, she grabbed the limp spiral and flung him into the pool. ----- [/center]@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 Welp. Yeah, I'm slightly scared myself. That got a lot darker than even I was expecting. FYI: this marks the start of a story arc! We’ll be continuing along this path tomorrow, so you'll find out what happens next then!
Berserker
Heads.

Day 30

The town of Pinefall was quiet. A light mist filled the air, softening any sounds that passed through. The large pines towered over the darkened buildings, as if nature had showed up to claim what was once hers. Not many dragons stirred, preferring the coziness of their homes, but a few still flitted between buildings.

Two hatchlings scampered through the streets, giggling at the possibilities of adventure.

“Where do ya wanna go, Soren?” Raven asked her brother with a smile.

The slightly older spiral paused. “I know we shouldn't… But don't you want to see what's out there?” He pointed towards the edge of the town, where the mist seemed slightly thicker. As they watched, it curled into strange shapes, almost beckoning the young dragons towards it.

Raven laughed gleefully, but the sound fell flat in the mist. “Let's go!” She tugged her brother towards the edge of town, and he followed.

After a few streets, the buildings slowly faded out behind them, the fog beginning to grow thicker. One last tavern marked the edge of the town, and the hatchlings plunged forwards deep into the trees, following the dark mist.

They walked for what seemed like hours to their young minds, although it was only a few minutes. The sounds of the forest grew louder around them as they traveled, insects chirping and trees rustling. Far from making them feel relaxed, though, the dragons felt less and less comfortable as time went on.

A stick suddenly snapped behind them, and Raven yelped and pressed closer to Soren. “What was that?” She asked in a small voice.

Soren glanced behind them, wrapping a wing around his sister. “I don't see anything. It was probably nothing,” he added reassuringly. Raven shivered all the same.

“I kinda wanna go home,” she whimpered. “It's gotten scary out here, and it's not fun at all. I don't want to explore anymore.”

“Alright,” Soren agreed. He turned around as if to head back the same way they had came.

“No!” Raven yelped. “What if something was following us, and that's what we heard? Let's go back a different way.” She started tugging him in a different direction, off to the left instead of forwards.

“I don't think that's a good idea, though,” said Soren. “We don't know what's over that way, and what if we get lost?”

“Please, Soren!” whined Raven. “I don't want to find any monsters. Mom and Dad aren't here to help us!”

The hatchlings continued arguing, as the forest fell silent around them. Suddenly the hatchlings fell silent too. Sharp thudding sounds were coming from behind them, as if something was running. Something large. Very large.

The hatchlings gasped in fright, staring at where the sounds were coming from. Raven glanced wide-eyed at her brother, who glanced back and nodded. They turned and fled in the opposite direction.

The spirals stumbled over increasingly rough terrain. Trees and rocks loomed out of the mist, the hatchlings barely avoiding some of them. Sticks snapped and scratched at the hatchlings, but they were too busy running to care. “Just keep going!” Soren yelled. Raven was silent in reply, except for the occasional gasping breath as she focused on running.

Suddenly they ran out of forest to run through. Soren yelped and backpedaled furiously, grabbing his sister to prevent her from falling. They glanced behind them, but whatever was chasing them seemed to have disappeared.

They turned forward slowly, staring at what was in front of them. “Wha… What is this place?” Raven asked in a soft voice.

A deep arena lay before them, with stairs leading down from all sides. Dark stone slabs covered the floor, and columns led up to the air in regular intervals. But nothing was in the very center, save for a deep, dark pool filled with something strange.

“I think this is the Forum of the Obscured Crescent,” Soren replied. The hatchlings gazed in wonder at the sight.

“You're a smart little hatchling, aren't you?” A silky voice oozed from behind. The hatchlings whirled around, Soren edging in front of his sister.

“Leave us alone!” He yelled defiantly. “Or at least show yourself!” he added.

“If I must,” the strange voice replied from the shadows of the trees. The mist coiled, darkening slightly, then a skydancer stepped out from it.

41933915_350.png

She grinned from under her hood, chuckling slightly at the fear on their faces. “Oh, dear. You seem to be in trouble. You should have listened to your sister earlier, darling… Left while you had the chance.”

“That was you who was watching us?” cried Raven. “You're crazy!”

“Be careful what you say, darling,” she chided. “You never know what might be true. Even if you're caught in a web of lies.”

“Leave us alone!” Raven screamed. She tried to yell as loudly as she could, the sound echoing over the trees. The skydancer swiftly stepped forward and pinched her mouth shut. “Now, now, the fun is only just beginning! Why would you want to leave?”

Soren leaped onto the skydancer, scratching as much as he could. “GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER!” He screeched.

The skydancer simply stared at him, and a burst of magic slammed into him, knocking him away. “You're… annoying,” she snarled, twitching slightly. “Let's take care of that for you, hmm?”

Raven’s eyes widened, but she couldn't speak. She whimpered as she saw the fury in the skydancer’s eyes.

The skydancer stormed over to a pillar, Raven in tow. She conjured a rope from thin air, and slammed Raven up against the pillar. “Stay there, and stay silent if you know what's good for you,” she hissed. She tied Raven up to the pillar, making sure she couldn't move.

“And now, for you,” she snarled, storming over to Soren. He was collapsed on the ground still, but his eyes fluttered open as the skydancer picked him up.

Raven watched helplessly from her spot as the skydancer dragged her brother down to the center. She didn't dare speak, for fear of what else the skydancer might do to Soren.

The skydancer drew out a large, battered tome from among the stones down below. She cleared her throat, and began chanting. Raven couldn't hear many of the words from high above, but a few drifted up her way: Shade, ensorcel, sacrifice.

Soren struggled as the chanting grew louder and louder. The skydancer slammed her claws on him, and continued. Finally, she screamed, “I curse you, fodder, to stay in the pit! Feed the Shade!”

And with that ominous ending, she grabbed the limp spiral and flung him into the pool.

@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2
Welp. Yeah, I'm slightly scared myself. That got a lot darker than even I was expecting.

FYI: this marks the start of a story arc! We’ll be continuing along this path tomorrow, so you'll find out what happens next then!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
That was. . . that was traumatizing o.o

But also great writing!

SOREN WHYYYYYYYYYY NO DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!
@ObsidianMage
That was. . . that was traumatizing o.o

But also great writing!

SOREN WHYYYYYYYYYY NO DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@Aetherstorm
Glad the writing was ok! But honestly I don't know how I came up with this? @ my brain WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU
@Aetherstorm
Glad the writing was ok! But honestly I don't know how I came up with this? @ my brain WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
[center][item=Fiendcat] I rolled a 1, so I’ll be introducing a Fae today! Now, back to the story… [u]Day 31[/u] Raven screamed as she saw her brother disappear into the pool. “NO!” She yelled, her voice cracking in despair. She struggled against her bonds, but the ropes were tied too tightly, and she couldn’t move. The skydancer cackled from down below. “Oh, dear, it’s no use fighting against it. Your brother is [i]gone.[/i]” Raven sobbed. “Why? Why did you do that?” “Oh, it’s quite simple, darling!” The skydancer replied in her sickly sweet voice. “That was a ritual to benefit me. Your brother was simply… collateral damage.” She studied her claws. “After I sacrifice him to the Shade, it will seek me out and grant me strength. A complete win for me!” Raven struggled more. Her bonds loosened slightly, and she gasped. The skydancer didn’t seem to notice, however, pacing around the murky pool. With a fearful glance down below, Raven started to slip out from her ropes. The pool started to bubble. The skydancer grinned, pausing and watching. She flung her head up to the sky in triumph. “See? It’s worked! I’ll be one of the most powerful dragons in Sornieth, and everyone will cower before me!” Raven watched as well, but in terror. Was that really the Shade? [i]Oh, Mom, Dad, I’m so sorry,[/i] she thought. [i]I lost my brother, and I’ve put the whole world in danger.[/i] The oily depths furiously churned. And a sodden mass leapt from it, slamming into the skydancer. It resolved, not into a terrifying monster, but a spiral. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41153483] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411535/41153483_350.png[/img] [/url] The skydancer gasped as the spiral curled around her, choking her. “What? No! It wasn’t supposed to happen like this!” Soren, or what remained, merely stared at her. He opened his mouth to speak, but the sound appeared to come from everywhere at once.[font=papyrus][i] “Oh, Stardust. What a beautiful name. Yet, you haven’t lived up to it. How dare you decide what happens to a hatchling?”[/font][/i] He coiled tighter and tighter, chuckling.[font=papyrus][i] “You were saying before, how the fun was just beginning? Well, it appears to be [b]OVER.[/b]”[/i][/font] A wave of darkness coalesced over the skydancer, oozing from the spiral. She gasped frantically, scrabbling at the ground in an attempt to save herself. With one final scream, she disappeared, and the sludge oozed back towards the pool. Raven breathed shakily from her vantage point. [i]Is that really Soren? It… it can’t be. He would never kill anyone…[/i] And yet, there did seem to be something familiar about him. She slipped out from her ropes, and hesitated. [i]Should I bring him home?[/i] Her agonized decision was brought to a halt, though, when the spiral that looked like Soren suddenly turned and stared up at her. She shuddered as his sightless eyes stared into hers. “Are… are you there, Soren?” She chanced asking. He tilted his head in confusion.[font=papyrus] “Who is… Soren?”[/font] Raven collapsed. So she really had lost her brother after all. She slowly got up again, and turned to leave. But a voice came from behind her.[font=papyrus] “Wait.” [/font]She turned around, and saw ‘Soren’ standing behind her. There was no trace of footsteps up the stairs, and she shrunk back in fright. The other spiral reached out to her.[font=papyrus] “I… don’t want to hurt you. I did that to save you. If I really am this ‘Soren’, I may not remember you, but I still feel something familiar. Let me go with you.” [/font] Raven gazed at what was once her brother. He seemed sincere, that he didn’t want to hurt her; he almost seemed sorry that she had to see that terror. She slowly reached out in return, grasping his talons. She flinched in surprise at how cold he was, but suppressed her gasp. “Alright,” she agreed, and smiled slightly. A small footstep skittered behind them, through the surrounding forest. Raven whirled around again, momentarily forgetting what had happened. “What was that?” She gasped. A small white shape peeked out from behind a tree, then dashed away. “After it!” Raven cried. She sprinted into the trees as well, leaving Soren with no choice but to follow. The spirals ran through the trees, crashing through the undergrowth. Rather, Raven crashed through every bush, while Soren made no sound. He simply seemed to pass through objects, although Raven didn’t notice. The small white shape dodged and weaved between every tree with ease, seeming to know the land with no problem. Raven painted as she tried to follow it, but the mysterious shape simply zipped ahead. Finally, the spiral was forced to stop, watching the creature fade into the distance. [font=papyrus] “Well, that didn’t seem to go as planned,”[/font] said Soren. Raven sighed. “No, it didn’t.” She glanced around at the surrounding terrain. “But, that might have helped us!” she said in surprise. [font=papyrus] “What do you mean?” [/font] asked Soren confusedly. Raven smiled. “I don’t suppose you would remember, but this is nearby the town we found recently! It’s called Pinefall,” she explained at the look on his face. “The rest of our group is there! Mom and Dad, and Aiki and Autumn and Vaz! Come on!” She tugged him towards the town. She paused for a moment, looking at him. “And don’t worry, Soren. We’ll find a way to help you, I’m sure of it.” ----- [/center]@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 Woo! So, the little fae I was going to introduce today? He’s a tricky little fellow, and will only be found over a few updates. Keep an eye out for more...
Fiendcat

I rolled a 1, so I’ll be introducing a Fae today! Now, back to the story…

Day 31

Raven screamed as she saw her brother disappear into the pool. “NO!” She yelled, her voice cracking in despair. She struggled against her bonds, but the ropes were tied too tightly, and she couldn’t move.

The skydancer cackled from down below. “Oh, dear, it’s no use fighting against it. Your brother is gone.

Raven sobbed. “Why? Why did you do that?”

“Oh, it’s quite simple, darling!” The skydancer replied in her sickly sweet voice. “That was a ritual to benefit me. Your brother was simply… collateral damage.” She studied her claws. “After I sacrifice him to the Shade, it will seek me out and grant me strength. A complete win for me!”

Raven struggled more. Her bonds loosened slightly, and she gasped. The skydancer didn’t seem to notice, however, pacing around the murky pool. With a fearful glance down below, Raven started to slip out from her ropes.

The pool started to bubble. The skydancer grinned, pausing and watching. She flung her head up to the sky in triumph. “See? It’s worked! I’ll be one of the most powerful dragons in Sornieth, and everyone will cower before me!”

Raven watched as well, but in terror. Was that really the Shade? Oh, Mom, Dad, I’m so sorry, she thought. I lost my brother, and I’ve put the whole world in danger.

The oily depths furiously churned. And a sodden mass leapt from it, slamming into the skydancer. It resolved, not into a terrifying monster, but a spiral.

41153483_350.png

The skydancer gasped as the spiral curled around her, choking her. “What? No! It wasn’t supposed to happen like this!”

Soren, or what remained, merely stared at her. He opened his mouth to speak, but the sound appeared to come from everywhere at once. “Oh, Stardust. What a beautiful name. Yet, you haven’t lived up to it. How dare you decide what happens to a hatchling?” He coiled tighter and tighter, chuckling. “You were saying before, how the fun was just beginning? Well, it appears to be OVER.

A wave of darkness coalesced over the skydancer, oozing from the spiral. She gasped frantically, scrabbling at the ground in an attempt to save herself. With one final scream, she disappeared, and the sludge oozed back towards the pool.

Raven breathed shakily from her vantage point. Is that really Soren? It… it can’t be. He would never kill anyone… And yet, there did seem to be something familiar about him.

She slipped out from her ropes, and hesitated. Should I bring him home? Her agonized decision was brought to a halt, though, when the spiral that looked like Soren suddenly turned and stared up at her.

She shuddered as his sightless eyes stared into hers. “Are… are you there, Soren?” She chanced asking.

He tilted his head in confusion. “Who is… Soren?”

Raven collapsed. So she really had lost her brother after all. She slowly got up again, and turned to leave.

But a voice came from behind her. “Wait.” She turned around, and saw ‘Soren’ standing behind her. There was no trace of footsteps up the stairs, and she shrunk back in fright.

The other spiral reached out to her. “I… don’t want to hurt you. I did that to save you. If I really am this ‘Soren’, I may not remember you, but I still feel something familiar. Let me go with you.”

Raven gazed at what was once her brother. He seemed sincere, that he didn’t want to hurt her; he almost seemed sorry that she had to see that terror.

She slowly reached out in return, grasping his talons. She flinched in surprise at how cold he was, but suppressed her gasp. “Alright,” she agreed, and smiled slightly.

A small footstep skittered behind them, through the surrounding forest. Raven whirled around again, momentarily forgetting what had happened. “What was that?” She gasped.

A small white shape peeked out from behind a tree, then dashed away. “After it!” Raven cried. She sprinted into the trees as well, leaving Soren with no choice but to follow.

The spirals ran through the trees, crashing through the undergrowth. Rather, Raven crashed through every bush, while Soren made no sound. He simply seemed to pass through objects, although Raven didn’t notice.

The small white shape dodged and weaved between every tree with ease, seeming to know the land with no problem. Raven painted as she tried to follow it, but the mysterious shape simply zipped ahead. Finally, the spiral was forced to stop, watching the creature fade into the distance.

“Well, that didn’t seem to go as planned,” said Soren.

Raven sighed. “No, it didn’t.” She glanced around at the surrounding terrain. “But, that might have helped us!” she said in surprise.

“What do you mean?” asked Soren confusedly.

Raven smiled. “I don’t suppose you would remember, but this is nearby the town we found recently! It’s called Pinefall,” she explained at the look on his face. “The rest of our group is there! Mom and Dad, and Aiki and Autumn and Vaz! Come on!” She tugged him towards the town.

She paused for a moment, looking at him. “And don’t worry, Soren. We’ll find a way to help you, I’m sure of it.”

Woo! So, the little fae I was going to introduce today? He’s a tricky little fellow, and will only be found over a few updates. Keep an eye out for more...

TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 24